World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Hello, Little Lady [R'nd, Rhaedalyn]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"Look, Daddy!"

Isharyn's round face split into a grin as he proudly held his new pet in the air, showing her off for all to see. Missy the green fire lizard didn't seem to mind much, though. She sat there, legs dangling uselessly beneath her as Isharyn held her up by her midsection. She purred just slightly, blue eyes flickering up to  I'shan, head tilted curiously to one side.

"Ooooh, she's so cute!" I'shan said, leaning down to poke her nose. Missy didn't move a muscle, she just looked sweetly up at him, round eyes glinting with feline-esque amusement and a healthy dose of not giving a fuck.

I'shan hadn't spent much time with Isharyn since their little egg-stealing adventure. This was, in fact, the first time I'shan had actually met Missy. He'd visited Isharyn a couple times, but the little green had never been out and about during those visits. She was still very much a baby, and spent much of her time asleep.

I'shan waved his arm, batting his own fair away. Spazz was particularly interested in meeting the little lady, but even I'shan had enough sense to know that the baby probably didn't need to play with these rough boys. "Go on!" he scolded, waving his hands a bit more as the three fluttered around for a good look. Finally, Ilveriath lifted his head from it's resting place in the mud and let out a low rumble, scolding the three away. Squeak and Spazz took off, the former hissing in disdain and the latter chittering nervously, but Squee was a bit more up front in his indignation.  He darted over to  Ilveriath and scolded him back, but Ilv didn't much care.

I don't believe Squee realizes he's a fire lizard and not a dragon the blue said lazily. His eyes fixed on Isharyn, who was now gently cradling Missy in one arm while he excitedly babbled about all the work he'd put into caring for her.

I'shan laughed softly at Ilveriath's words, but he never took his eyes off his son. "Is that right? So Mommy's been helping you and showing you how to take care of her?" he asked sweetly as he moved down to the water's edge.

"Yep! She let me use her dragon oil and everything!" the young man said proudly. I'shan was pretty surprised. He'd assumed that Ceilidhe would be doing most of the flitter-care, and while he was certain that was still the case, Isharyn was much better with a pet than I'shan would have been at that age.

"Does she need a bath now?" I'shan asked as he and his son waded out into the shallow water. Ilveriath wasn't due for a bath, but a good roll in the mud was just as necessary from time to time. The dragon yawned and burrowed a bit deeper, half of his sinuous body resting in the shallows.

"No. Mom gave her one this morning," Isharyn said. "I woulda helped, but Mom said I had to go to lessons," he said, wrinkling his nose. He gently set Missy down in the water and watched as the paddled off. He grinned, and I'shan ruffled his hair. "You're going to be an awesome dragonrider one day, Isharyn," he said.

The boy seemed to glow.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’nd preferred going to the lake, as did Ayyonth since the blue could laze on his favourite rock in the sun while his rider did whatever it was he found entertaining at the time. That day, however, they hadn’t actually planned to do much more than a few chores and check up on various weyrlings until Ilveriath was spotted heading in the direction of the river. R’nd hadn’t had a chance to hang out with I’shan all that much lately thanks to their busy lives pulling them in opposite directions so it seemed like the perfect chance to make up a bit of that time.

With Rell perched on his shoulder, R’nd directed Ayyonth towards the river as well once he mounted up after leaving the Dining Hall. A few minutes later after a lazy glide, they landed a bit upstream from their destination to give the blue room to land safely without harming or bothering anyone. “Hey, Shel!” R’nd called after his feet touched the ground and he did a short sprint to make up the distance. “I hope you don’t mind me stalking you here. I thought we could…” his voice trailed off and the thought lost as a child came into sight. He hadn’t seen the boy until that moment, if he had, R’nd would have likely bolted in the other direction. He was doing a bit better with Benden and he hadn’t broken Amorandii yet – though she was close to breaking him at times with her babbling and pouting expressions – but he was still horrible with children and he ended up nervous around them. What if he said something wrong? What if he hurt the child? What if a friendship was ruined over the way he reacted to the child?

Your mouth is hanging open. R’nd went to close it but realized it already was and shot a glare over his shoulder to where Ayyonth still sat. When the low rumbling laughter came, R’nd shook his head with a sigh and turned back to the group he had invited himself into. “Hi,” he replied, almost sheepishly as a hand slowly brushed back blonde locks. Rell echoed the greeting with a chipper chirp, once again perched on R’nd’s shoulder. He liked seeing friends but was still a bit timid until the atmosphere was relaxed with no sign of trouble or stress.

ooc: Rhaedalyn will appear after I'shan tags. I didn't want to toss them both in at the same time.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath noticed Ayyonth well before I'shan or Isharyn. The blue began to purr lightly, catching the attentions of I'shan's little fair. Upon seeing Ayyonth, Squee launched himself into the air, chittering a bright greeting to the blue dragon. Spazz was close on his heels, but Squeak chose to sit suspiciously in the mud, tiny eyes red with aggravation, primarily at all the noise his companions were making. Savages!

"R'nd!" I'shan shouted, beaming as he turned to face the younger bluerider. Shards, it was like he hadn't seen the man in turns! At least that was how it felt right then! He took off in R'nd's direction, leaving a confused Isharyn watching. The lithe bluerider threw his arms out to greet his friend with a hug, but he stopped cold when he noticed R'nd's sudden shift in demeanor.

I'shan's face fell dramatically. "What's wrong, R'nd?! Are you okay?" he asked, momentarily alarmed. What was R'nd so upset about? Had he done something wrong? Had something terrible happened behind him?  Was there something on his face?! I'shan started to wipe at his lips with one hand, prompting an amused and dry response from Ilveriath.

My dear, there is nothing on your face that is not normally there the dragon said. Perhaps you should focus your concerns elsewhere

I don't even know what you're talking about!

The bluerider pouted viciously, then swooped in for a rather assertive hug. "Did I do something wrong?"

Ilveriath, sensing that the situation was not nearly as serious as his rider seemed to expect, reached out to Ayyonth. Greetings, my friend. Is it not a beautiful day?

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd suddenly felt horrible for his reaction when he saw I’shan’s excitement vanish and be replaced by concern. His friend was dramatic and a bit self-centred and he should have known better than to gawk at the kid playing with his firelizard since I’shan was likely going to assume he was the reason for any discomfort. “No, I’m,” he was suddenly engulfed in a tight hug and while R’nd knew he shouldn’t; he chuckled softly. How anyone could ever be mad at I’shan or blame the man for anything – for more than a handful of minutes anyway, as was R’nd’s experience – was beyond the bluerider’s comprehension. He was such a carefree soul.

“Everything’s fine, Shel.” R’nd reassured verbally but also by returning the hug. “I thought you were alone and was temporarily surprised to see that you weren’t.” It wasn’t enough to scare him away, at least not after having made his presence known. Perhaps if he hadn’t called out to his friend before spotting the child, he would have slowly slipped away again out of respect for the time he was interrupting but he certainly wouldn’t shout a greeting and turn tail.

Beautiful and made all the more so by R’nd’s discomfort and behaviour. Ayyonth watched with amusement as R’nd still struggled with how to act around a child and their parent. He had a son himself yet it still seemed to be a foreign concept that he or any of his friends might have brats running around and that they might be tagging along on outings. After a good stretching, Ayyonth meandered closer to the group, gave a look around the area, and parked himself after deciding it was a nice spot of both sun and shade depending on which way he laid himself out. For the moment, lying in the sun sounded lovely.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Ooooh." That was all? I'shan made a face and waved one dismissive hand before closing his fingers around R'nd's shirt collar and giving him a tug. "C'mon," he said, fully intending to drag R'nd bodily down to the water where Isharyn and the fair were playing. The child was utterly disinterested in R'nd, focused wholly on watching his little fire lizard swim. As if sensing the child's curiosity, or maybe just because she felt like it, Missy continued to paddle in an adorable little circle. Isharyn squatted beside the water and watched, occasionally shooting cross glares at I'shan's flitters as they attempted to inch in to play with the little green.

"Dawwwwwwwwww.  He's so protective of her. Isn't he going to be the best dragonrider ever one day?" I'shan crowed in a singsong voice as he hauled his friend along, having already completely forgotten the brief moment of awkward confusion. Then, changing topics at the drop of a hat, he released R'nd and spun around.

"So, how are you? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages," he crooned. He was being dramatic; just because the pair didn't see each other every day didn't mean it had been ages, but for someone who lived so very in the moment, it may has been have been for I'shan. A silly grin crossed his face, and he slithered in close. "Anything new with B'jiiiin?" he asked scandalously. Ever since the graduation, that was a topic of particular interest to I'shan, who had a deep love of gossip and who found his two friends' relationship to be both fascinating and shamefully desirable. It was just plain, out and out fun to think about, thank you very much! I'shan was their mutual friend, and he demanded details damn it!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd was more or less a pro at handling I’shan’s mood swings and topic jumps but he was still utterly relieved when the conversation shifted suddenly from child to him. Isharyn was adorable as he played with the firelizard but R’nd hadn’t been sure if that qualified as a mark of the perfect dragonrider in the making and had been stumbling over ways to agree with his friend that sounded believable and not at all awkward. He didn’t fear children; he just wasn’t comfortable around them. Talking about himself, though? That was definitely a topic R’nd was comfortable with and he grinned at his fellow bluerider’s exaggeration over how long it had been since they saw each other.

Naturally that grin shifted when B’jin was brought up.

Once upon a time after a particular first flight, R’nd had been stuck giving a goofy grin every time B’jin was mentioned for nearly a month. Now was really no different as R’nd still counted himself lucky to be with the greenrider he had held in such high esteem since laying eyes on him over a decade ago. The only change was the slight hesitation in sharing information since B’jin was a private person and typically didn’t like the Weyr knowing his business. Of course that hadn’t stopped him at V’ler and E’si’s graduation! R’nd was still pleasantly shocked over that night. “I’m well, as is B’jin,” he finally answered, purposely being vague to tease I’shan and his lust for gossip.

R’nd peeked around I’shan again to check on the kid and firelizard. He wondered where Rell was since he typically liked to stay close to R’nd or Ayyonth but the thought of catching up with I’shan sent the blue away. It likely had something to do with one of the greens I’shan had being too hyper for the somewhat timid Rell to handle. It was probably for the best; there were too many flitters about already and one more would only be extra stress and he’d be in charge of it. “I think he’s actually enjoying being a Weyrlingmaster to some degree,” R’nd added in a mundane detail as his gaze drifted back to his friend.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

“We should get back soon,” Rhaedalyn spoke softly to the little gold that walked beside her on their mission to enjoy the peace of the river with all of its sounds of babbling and splashing as well the mission to find something that seemed very R’nya-ish to the girl. He always went out of his way to help her and ever since his assistance with Rumour’s egg, Rhaedalyn had wanted to get him something as a thank you. Now that she had Impressed, his quiet confidence that she would find a sweet golden lady of her own deserved something amazing. He could have so easily turned his back on her for being a failure and pouting so much but R’nya proved he was a better man than that and had stayed. Of course she had no idea what to get him and while her confidence in her skills for making dresses and skirts had increased, Rhaedalyn wasn’t so sure she liked the shirt she had attempted.

So a walk through the forest along the river seemed like a good idea. Perhaps something from nature would jump out at her and hopefully not literally! Rhaedalyn had no intents on being the dinner for a feline! So far, all she had was a stone that fit nicely in the palm of her hand that was smooth and almost shiny from being in the sand and water for ages. It wasn’t anything special but it was quietly pretty in its blandness and in a way, that reminded her of R’nya. He was handsome, oh she wouldn’t deny that! But R’nya tried his best not to be noticed and that was what the rock seemed to do. It could shine for the right person but otherwise be unnoticed.

We don’t have anything to rush back to, dear. We can play out here a bit longer, Aradissicath replied before skipping ahead a few steps, stumbling, but catching herself in time. Rhaedalyn only blinked at her dragon, the fear and shock having worn off already. She knew dragonets could be a bit clumsy but her baby was definitely a queen – in tripping. She’d grow out of it though, Rhaedalyn was sure of it! Besides, I hear people and we should say hello.

Rhaedalyn stood still for a moment before hearing the voices but not making out the words. Quietly she crept closer and came to a stop behind a bush that wasn’t too close to the men but was placed just perfectly enough for her to see the men and catch a few words. “Oh! I’shan and R’nd! We shouldn’t interrupt them though.” She wanted to greet both men although they both, especially R’nd, often made her blush. She had, after all, slept with R’nd in order to meet requirements to Stand and while he had been sweet and was still friendly to her, Rhaedalyn still found it hard not to think about that gorgeous body without clothes.

Yes, we should. How would we ever have friends if we always waited for them to be sitting alone? Their talk seems rather boring so you wouldn’t interrupt a thing. With that said, Aradissicath was pushing through the shrubbery and making her presence known with an awkward bugle for attention as she strutted towards the men. As Rhaedalyn stood in shock at the boldness of her dragonet, Aradissicath finally tripped herself up again and face planted at the feet of the blueriders. She casually pushed herself up and sat primly before them, looking up at them without a care that there was dirt on her snout.

Hello.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"...Seriously, R'nd?" I'shan asked, shooting his friend a most pitiful frown. "I ask for juicy details, and you talk about school? Lame, lame, lame, man," he said flippantly, tossing one hand in a dramatic fashion. He quickly followed it up with a playful smirk to remind his friend that it wasn't serious. Yeah., he would have liked something a little less vague, but it was ultimately all in good fun. The bluerider upheld his own reassurance with a quick follow-up question: "Does he come home with a new disaster story every day? I can only imagine, wrangling a bunch of kids like that," he said with a hint of amusement. That job way way too high-maintenance for him! He couldn't imagine being responsible for those kids...not only because he didn't want the actual responsibility, but also now that he had Isharyn in his life, he realized just how much of an impact someone like himself could have on someone young and vulnerable. It certainly added a layer of anxiety to the concept.

His train of thought was interrupted by an adorable little bugle coming from the nearby brush. I'shan's subtle dourness faded as he spun around to see Aradissicath trotting his way. 'Oh! Hello, cutie!" he chimed brightly, happy to have been distracted by his glooming and dooming. Having a child to worry about tended to bring that upon him every now and again, but he was still the same old I'shan at heart. Being a father hadn't killed his spirit after all.

I'shan's thoughts were once again jolted when the poor, sweet dragonet faceplanted in front of him. "Oh! Goodness, are you okay little queenie?!" he asked as he knelt to try and help the poor beast untangle from herself. He looked up, quickly catching sight of Rhae. "Hello, Rhae!" he called out, the almost paternal concern still audible in his voice, though his usual cheeriness was mixed in as well.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd laughed at I’shan’s reaction to being denied the desired juicy gossip. His friend was so easy to pick on at times and he usually deserved it. I’shan could be a bundle of energy that was hard to keep up with and he had a tendency to be a bit self-centred and not realise the stress and positions he put people in. R’nd had learned a while ago what it took to be the man’s unflinching friend and only regretted their bond once, when he had to withhold information from D’ren about the fabulous black eye he had sported for a while. Thankfully, I’shan’s stellar qualities outweighed the bad and R’nd continued to greet the bluerider with a large smile.

“He does have a few stories here and there. But B’jin usually passes the one blue weyrling with an …interesting… take on everything onto me so I have more stories.” To be nice, R’nd decided he’d toss I’shan a small bone with another slightly vague but fun tidbit. “But there is this one thing B’jin likes me doing to help relieve tension.” Unfortunately for I’shan, Aradissicath chose that moment to make her presence known and R’nd turned toward her startled and his story forgotten. Even if he had remembered where he was going with the story, he wouldn’t have been inclined to finish it in front of a young weyrling and her sweet bonded!

R’nd followed I’shan’s gaze at the greeting to Rhaedalyn and smiled invitingly at the woman. She was far too sweet for her own good and while it still didn’t mean she was safe, R’nd was glad a little gold found her way to Rhaedalyn. That hide colour did offer a slight measure of protection from most of the leeches and bastards in the Weyr – too bad the biggest one of all was now called Weyrleader. “My Lady! It’s always a pleasure. What brings you to the river’s edge?”

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Of course I’m fine. Your concern is sweet though. Aradissicath offered I’shan a small croon as a reward for his assistance and stared at him expectantly for a proper petting to begin. If he was going to show such an interest in her, then he could very well pamper her with more! Come along, Rhaedalyn. It’s rude to linger so far away when being spoken to. This one, she pointed her snout in R’nd’s direction, is quite smooth with his words. The other one shows kindness. We should mingle.

Rhaedalyn was a touch more than slightly embarrassed. Aradissicath did like speaking her mind aloud to all those in the area and it usually resulted in causing flushed cheeks. She had snap-judged both blueriders correctly though. R’nd had a way with words that left her even more speechless and flustered than usual while still respecting her boundaries and I’shan was kind and fun to spend time with. Timidly the young weyrling made her way towards the men and smiled shyly at them and then bit her lip as she thought on what to say for why she was there. The best answer was, as always, the truth. “I was looking for a little gift for R’nya. He’s helped me a lot with my firelizards, Aradissicath, and in general.”  Her eyes went wide as the realisation that maybe she was currently looked upon as a sneaky spy hit her, “I wasn’t spying on you though! I was going to turn around when I saw you out here. I didn’t want to interrupt.”

But I did! I wanted to see who was out here. As I told Rhaedalyn, you can’t decide who is friend or not worth more of your time if you don’t invest a bit of it to begin with. The young queen chimed in, her tail lightly wagging against the ground. She was already enjoying herself! The startled look that appeared on the blonde man’s face was amusing as well. Were the men not supposed to meet together in private? Maybe they were planning mischief. Aradissicath held the thoughts to herself though. Maybe if she behaved, they would invite them to join in! An adventure sounded lovely and far more interesting than going back to their room right then.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan cooed unintelligibly at the little gold and started to dotingly pet her, running his hands over her soft hide and smiling most sweetly at her as he did so. She was just so cute! He loved dragonets and all their glorious cuteness, and this was one of the finest he'd ever seen. Of course, he could very well have been biased, especially after his long streak of searching only green and blue candidates had only recently been broken by his first browns; a gold? He would have never thought! Especially since he normally didn't even search girls!

It made sense now that he thought about it. Ilveriath was such a lofty, daydreaming thing...so whimsical and gentle and sweet. Rhae reminded I'shan of his dragon in a lot of ways. It made sense that if the beast wanted to take a girl, it would be this one, who so clearly resembled his finer traits. And now look! The dragon's good eye and the girl's sweet nature rewarded them both with this little beauty!

"So cute! Yes you aaaaaareeee..." I'shan purred as he kept petting her. He cut his eyes over to Rhae for only a moment. "A present? For R'nya?" he asked,. trying to keep the laughter out of his voice. I'shan didn't hate R'nya, though he knew well that the bronzerider hated him. He kept it to himself, mostly to keep from hurting Rhae's feelings or putting a dampener on the conversation. It didn't bother I'shan at all, though it was pretty damn funny. "Sounds like a stand-up guy, Rhae. What kind of present?"

He winked at R'nd, who'd heard all about it over the turns. R'nya! Such a stick in the mud! I'shan figured he galled the damn bronzerider just by having survived the plague! Every day he was alive was a little mini-victory over that grumpy old ogre!

"Hey Rhae, did you know that R'nya and I Impressed at the same clutch? We should get him a really special present.."

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn suddenly felt embarrassed over her idea of a gift for R’nya and shuffled from foot to foot as she thought about what to say. “um… well, it’s nothing amazing…” she couldn’t tell the men that she was looking for pretty stones to give R’nya! They’d only laugh at her and wonder why she’d ever thought that was a good idea. Or, her overactive imagination supplied, they might say stones were perfect since they were boring and represented stoicism rather well. She hardly thought that about R’nya – all of the time at least – but she listened to enough gossip to know how others viewed some of her friends and Rhaedalyn didn’t want to give any openings if she could prevent them.

“Oh! You were? You’ll have to tell me about your weyrling days together soon, please!” That would be wonderful! It would be even better to have both men telling tales so they could add their views on adventures but Rhaedalyn recalled the night she Impressed and the way R’nya reacted around I’shan. Perhaps it was best not to push her luck. In her excitement in learning she could have fun stories shared to her, Rhaedalyn not only bounced a few steps closer to I’shan but started to forget there was someone else present. It was only thanks to a soft chuckle from R’nd that the gold weyrling caught herself before babbling off questions to I’shan.

“Do you come from the same Weyr as them, R’nd? You’re so close to I’shan that it seems like a life-long friendship,” while she could name who Searched R’nd, Rhaedalyn had no idea which Weyr he came from. Her belief that it must be the same as R’nya and I’shan was strong and she almost didn’t expect any other answer but the affirmative as she knelt down beside Aradissicath and brushed a bit of dirt off her pale hide.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh man, this was rich.

The only thing keeping I'shan from spouting on in a long, fitful, unnecessary act of flippant slander against R'nya was thew fact that Rhaedalyn [il]iked[/i] him. I'shan didn't even particularly dislike the boring old bronzerider, but Rhae actively doted on the man, so saying mean and hilariously untrue things was probably not in the best taste. It was a shame because it would have been awfully fun, but not even I'shan was that inconsiderate. He smirked, his broad smile only widening as he thought of the extended prank that could theoretically develop from this, but Rhae was just too sweet to use an ammunition.

"Well," he said, crossing his arm and turning his soft eyes up to the sky. "There's not so much to tell, really. He and I hung out with different crowds, but I can tell you that my Ilveriath hatched first...and his bronze came shortly after. It's kind of special, isn't it? His egg looked like it was going to hatch first, but the ol' bronze got his thunder stolen by a blue...and here we are, the only survivors from our class! Kinda cool, huh? It's like we were meant to be here..special from the start!"

Haha, special all right. But hey, he was playing nice! The last thing he wanted to do was actually upset her, and it wasn't like he'd been dishonest.

He cut his eyes to R'nd and smiled. "Nah...he and I met here. This crazy bastard kept me sane, really. I was a lonely little mess, but everyone needs friends." He slithered over to R'nd and gave him a solid bump on the shoulder to support his statement. He really didn't know what he would do without R'nd...In the past or the present, and certainly the future as well. I'shan was a very in-the-moment person, and his fear of both the past and the future didn't help with that. A good friend was a necessary tool for survival.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

If Rhaedalyn was any more excited than she already was about hearing even a snippet of information about I’shan and R’nya’s weyrling days, she’d be shimmering like Aradissicath after an oiling. “I would have liked to see that! Maybe Ilveriath is the reason why Xyreith is so grumpy,” she was teasing and the giggle that accompanied the words showed she wasn’t serious. The bronze did seem rather grumpy and barely able to tolerate having the girls around unless they were his minions and bathing him, but she doubted it was because of hatching order. Still, it was fun to know!

It was even better to hear about such a strong friendship being built within the boundaries of Katila. She truly would have said R’nd was Searched for Fort and became friends with I’shan soon after that. She would have even gone so far as to consider them living in exile together! “I’m glad you had someone there for you, I’shan. It’s wonderful to have a friend you can count on and go to.” She hadn’t known that feeling before and was thankful to have found it within Katila as well. Friends and a dragon! How lucky was she? She knew the answer was extremely lucky but still Rhaedalyn couldn’t help but hope for love to find her as well though she had made progress in that area with Z’ia chatting with her not too long ago at the outing to bring the dragonets away from the execution. He was so sweet!

“And you have mates!” Rhaedalyn gushed, in swooning mode from thinking about her time with Z’ia. It probably wasn’t appropriate to say such things but she was so envious and wished for that type of love. She didn’t know too much about I’shan’s love life but had heard people saying he was brownrider N’gelt’s mate some time ago but R’nd, she knew quite well how smitten he was B’jin. Oh, that reminded her! “R’nd, I’m sorry I read that story about you and B’jin. It was… well, you saw it and I’shan probably told you how quickly he took it down. I’m sure not too many people read it before me though!”

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

With a laugh, R’nd gave a shoulder bump back to I’shan. “It’s as Shel says. Sometimes people click so well that it appears they’ve known each other forever. I can only imagine what I’d be like if I had I’shan influencing me from an even earlier age though!” How wild and mischievous would he be if that had been the case? Given the influence I’shan already had on him with bringing out the devious fun-loving nature, R’nd knew he’d be doomed.

While R’nd tried to befriend everyone he talked to and liked to be on good terms with everyone, I’shan was counted as one of his closest and truest friends. The older bluerider was entertaining as nothing was ever dull with I’shan around! But I’shan had also been a good mentor and helped him adjust into the life of a dragonrider. In the end, they supported each other and played off of each other well. He didn’t know what he’d do without I’shan in his life though when his friend was wrapped up in N’gelt’s embrace, there had been a taste of it. Though, R’nd quickly chided himself, he himself had been caught up in the land of B’jin for a while and was just as guilty for missing out on some time with I’shan.

Slipping an arm around I’shan’s waist, R’nd comfortably rested his head on his friend’s shoulder once he was certain the bluerider wasn’t going to bounce away on him. “But you should really be careful while alone with us, my lady. We’re quite the handful together!” Although she was doing well with them so far. Either her innocence made her oblivious to some of the deviousness radiating from I’shan or she was biding her time to counter-strike was hard to say.

Then again, perhaps she was striking against them both!

R’nd fell silent and stared at the girl for several seconds, trying to process her words. It was much like when D’ren had put together the wings and announced to the Weyr B’jin was mated to the elusive bluerider. It had been a shock that left him staggering home before pretending it never happened. In the end it seemed like it was easier to believe that and let everyone believe what they wanted and tune out any comments then to correct everyone constantly. Apparently people still fully believed they were mates. He opened his mouth to try and deny or change the subject but froze again as Rhaedalyn babbled on about some story he starred in.

“The what? He did?” I’shan had never said a word to him about something written about B’jin and him! It had to be interesting if it was causing Rhaedalyn to blush. All at once the pieces fell together and R’nd recalled hearing about the story that had R’nya and S’kef as lovers. “Oh no. No no. Shel!” R’nd detangled himself from I’shan, taking a step back so he could probably gawk at the man. Why didn’t anyone tell him? B’jin obviously didn’t know or the greenrider would never leave the hut thanks to embarrassment. When had it happened and how many people believed in whatever the writer had conjured up?

“What did it say? I’shan…” R’nd was too shocked and worried about the story to truly be mad at I’shan for forgetting or, more likely, purposely withholding information. It was also nearly impossible to ever be mad at I’shan. That was like scolding a puppy!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan smiled, sliding closer to R'nd and wrapping his own arm around the other bluerider in return. "It's true! R'nd and I are a damn fine team, dontcha think?" he purred, positively glowing as he basked in the attention of both his best friend and his favorite little goldrider. He was so lucky! So lucky indeed, to have such good friends! Then he had his perfect dragon and his own little flight of adorable flitters who were such good company! Life was good!

And you have mates

I'shan's face fell hard and fast. He froze in place, his grip tightening on R'nd for a few seconds as his good mood spiraled to the ground, crashing and burning. The little bluerider's throat tightened and his eyes glistened at the mere thought of N'gelt, who hadn't even spoken to I'shan in...how long had it been now? Since before the poisoning for sure! Had it really been that long?

Shards, I'shan had devoted so much time to not thinking about it that he'd lost track of time. Now that it had come up in conversation, he was so busy stressing about how all his careful efforts to avoid the topic during the past months had been foiled that he didn't even notice his unfalling tears.

"Yeah..."

Oh wait, they were talking about something else now. I'shan jerked away self-consciously as R'nd pulled away from him. What was he in trouble for?! R'nd looked so confused...what was going on? Ilveriath helpfully but cautiously repeated R'nd's words, carefully masking his own worry in his effort to comfort I'shan and keep the inevitable outburst from happening.

I'shan looked between Rhae and R'nd, pouting as a sense of guilt clouded him, and hung his head. "I'm s-sorry!" he stammered. Maybe he wouldn't have cried if only N'gelt or the story was being discussed, but both at once?

R'nd was going to be so disappointed in him! No amount of coddling form Ilveriath could keep the tears at bay as the bluerider pulled his kneed close and broke down, thin shoulders shaking.

"I'm sorry!"

Ilveriath sighed. Perhaps he should apologize, too. Really?

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd went into panic mode as he saw the transformation from excited I’shan to depressed I’shan. He hated seeing his friend upset and always wanted to protect him from the world when that happened. It was a trait that was both positive and negative in R’nd since it sometimes landed him with a sore jaw from jumping in to protect a friend. This time would be different though since he didn’t think Rhaedalyn or her dragon were going to punch him or sit on him but at the same time, he wasn’t even sure who had made I’shan cry.

It was likely him since even R’nd hadn’t made the connection about mates and N’gelt. He had been too absorbed in his panic over B’jin being his mate to focus on I’shan’s status. Ayyonth was staying out of the drama as well, finding it okay to quietly observe from his place near Ilveriath while casually checking on the brat playing not too far away. Since it seemed like the humans had all forgotten him, someone had to make sure the kid didn’t get eaten by felines.

After deciding it wasn’t Rhaedalyn but himself that made I’shan cry, R’nd was swiftly moving to wrap his arms around his friend for a tight hug. “No, I’m sorry. It’s not a big deal, Shel. B’jin and I never heard about it but it’s probably better that way. No harm done.” Rhaedalyn was promptly forgotten for the time-being as R’nd continued to hold I’shan and talk him down from his emotional distress. Without meaning to, he was doing an excellent job of showing off how tight their bond was that they had just been discussing.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn wanted to cry at the distress she had caused. She didn’t know about I’shan’s new single life and thought he was still happy with his brownrider. It seemed like her information was outdated and she mentally kicked herself for not catching up on everything sooner. It didn’t seem to help anything that she had brought up the note that had been found starring B’jin and R’nd. R’nd hadn’t known about it and I’shan felt guilty over forgetting to show it. She probably caused the end of the friendship! No. I think he’s sensitive and a tad overly dramatic but he’s not broken and will be fine. Aradissicath commented lightly to all of Rhaedalyn’s wild ideas of fights and enemies forever.

Rhaedalyn flopped down onto her knees, uncaring about getting her dress dirty, and wrapped her arms around Aradissicath’s neck for a bit of reassurance. Her dragon made her feel more confident at times and this was entirely one of those times but Rhaedalyn felt like she could at least apologize without crying or wanting to run away immediately after. “I’m sorry, I’shan. I never meant to upset you. And R’nd, I’m sorry I brought up something long forgotten and even unimportant.” She would have to bake both men something as an apology. She pies were still lacking but muffins and cookies weren’t too bad. A small basket of each for each man to enjoy would have to be made. Tomorrow morning seemed like the perfect time for the project and Rhaedalyn wondered if she could get a little jar of jam to give as well to go with the muffins. They were so much better with the sweet fruity spread!

Quickly standing once again, Rhaedalyn dusted off her dress and then looked around for her firelizards to see if they were causing havoc anywhere. It was always hard to guess what her little fair would get up to but she didn’t see them which caused a sigh of relief. She didn’t have enough energy in her right then to chase Muffin around in an attempt to get him home.

“Aradissicath and I should probably get back to the Barracks. We have to prepare for dinner still,” she really didn’t want to intrude on the men much longer, especially since they seemed to be having a private moment that she felt guilty over observing. It was nice to see how much they cared for each other but she had been the cause of the pain and now lingered as if trying to absorb some of that love between them.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan whimpered and rubbed his eyes for a moment, vision and mind blurred by the emotional outburst he'd just allowed to seep through. He frowned wearily, looking between R'nd and Rhae as the pair shouted their sweet reassurances and kind comments. He was so lucky! Here he was, ruining a perfectly nice outing with his drama, and they still loved him?! He melted in R'nd's tight embrace and shivered a bit, trying to quiet his own blubbering so he could at least explain that they'd done nothing wrong!

When Rhae excused himself, I'shan whined a hasty and desperate response. "Wait! Wait, don't go!" He wriggled free from R'nd, his slender figure only just wrenching free from the other bluerider before he launched himself at the girl. He threw his arms out, intending to wrap the girl in a warm hug. "Please don't go! I didn't mean to upset you...!" he said, squeezing tight before pressing a kiss to her cheek and peeling away.

"Seriously! Neither of you did anything wrong.." he said, frowning and rubbing his cheek. He caught sight of Isharyn nearby, splashing water at Ayyonth and giggling in the expectation that the dragon might splash back. Ilveriath slithered over as well, sighing a bit and moving his yellow eyes between father and son, finding himself worried about both of them. At least Isharyn hadn't noticed his father's little breakdown.

I'shan pouted a little, then sighed. The tears had passed and e felt like a selfish jerk for showing out like that, but look how fortunate he was! His friends were so sweet and kind! He had to make it up to them. "...You guys are the best. You two should come have dinner with me...I'll make it all myself. Please? I'll even explain! And you guys van tell me your favorite foods and I'll make it all for you...Please?"

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn was startled when she had I’shan grabbing her into a hug but she held back any squeaks that wanted to burst free. The hug was returned if only just before a kiss was planted on her cheek and the bluerider was moving again. It was almost unnatural how much the man couldn’t stay still or focus on one thing or emotion for too long. R’nd was a special friend indeed to deal with that!

“I’m the one that upset you, I’shan. Please stop apologising! I misspoke and it was careless of me.” Rhaedalyn would be angry with herself all night for ruining such a nice chat and dampening the moods of others. Both blueriders had been kind to her and they didn’t deserve any distress, not even a few minutes worth. Then stop apologising and accept the invitation you’re about to space out on. Aradissicath mentally and physically nudged her rider which made Rhaedalyn stare wide-eyed for a moment, blush when she realized the dragon would be heard by everyone, and then nodded.

“If R’nd doesn’t mind my company,” That bluerider was a massive flirt and had been kind to her since she arrived at Katila but ever since he helped with her virginity issue, Rhaedalyn found herself being extremely awkward around him at times. It probably didn’t help that she had all but begged for a second go at sex with him that night – something he had been all too accommodating to meet. It was only in that embarrassing moment that Rhaedalyn realised she owed both men before her for helping her meet her dear Aradissicath. Having dinner with them was the least she could do! “I would be honoured to eat with both of you.”

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Rhaedalyn was right; it took a special person to deal with I’shan’s quirks and mood swings but R’nd was glad he was that person. Every minute with I’shan was a new adventure and the man was proving it with each action and word. R’nd watched silently as Rhaedalyn was halted and dealt with and grinned at the invitation for dinner. He was never one to turn down a chance to enjoy I’shan’s cooking! He’d have to be sick in bed for that to happen.

When the adorable goldrider seemed to ask for permission to accept the invitation, R’nd eyed her a moment as if she was insane before smiling with a nod. “My dear, why would I ever mind your company? You are one of the most pleasant people to be around and certainly the prettiest. It would be my honour to dine with you.” His charming words weren’t all he had up his sleeve as R’nd gave a bow, reaching for Rhaedalyn’s hand in the process so he could place a light kiss to the top of it.

Ayyonth did his best to tune out the antics of R’nd as he let the child splash at him. He waited until it seemed like he wouldn’t budge before finally flicking his tail to send a light spray of water at Isharyn. He didn’t want to soak the boy, however, since that was likely to cause more drama from I’shan so he kept the play gentle without making a large splashing scene. Our riders are still handfuls, Ilveriath. Ayyonth commented while ducking his head out of the way as Muffin dive bombed for the water with Rumour zipping by overhead trying to catch his fellow blue. At least they balance each other out still as well. If that poor girl had been left with either man without the other around, she’d be left floundering while trying to calm them.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)