World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

An Autumn Agenda [OPEN]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
C'vir was finally enjoying the weather. Autumn was slowly fading out, mercifully taking with it some of the summer's insufferable humidity. The changing seasons also meant that the rider and his brown were less likely to get caught in one of the south's harrowing storms when they chose to venture outside of Katila proper, as they had that afternoon. The lake was the perfect daytime destination; even Besulth, with his general aversion to being near water, had agreed that sunshine and fresh air belonged on their agenda.

The large brown stayed far back from the lake's edges, wings spread to catch the sun, watching his rider pace along the shore. C'vir had taken off his shoes and was wandering with his toes in the water, trying (and failing) to think of nothing but the enchantingly blue sky. The growing tension within the weyr's leadership hadn't gone unnoticed by the brownrider -- it was the topic of much speculation and it was setting him on edge. Things were always brewing just beneath the surface in Katila. There had been constant struggle since they'd arrived in the south, with rebellion either tightly reined in or right around the corner and the merits of some ranker or another constantly in question. For him, as for others, that kind of instability meant opportunity. Opportunity he didn't feel ready to seize.

You're brooding, Besulth injected, lazy but stern. We're here to relax, in case you'd forgotten. You'll have plenty of time to be contemplative later. For now, you have two choices: oil me, or I'll be forced to find us some friends to play with.

Caught between a smile and groan, C'vir accepted the dragon's mild reprimand without argument. No no, we don't need anyone to "play" with. I'll oil you and pretend I have no other concerns.

You shouldn't! Oiling me properly is concern enough.

You're right about that, bloody overgrown beast.

Besulth crooned softly, welcoming his rider to his side. The brown hoped that  the man would relax, appreciate the pleasant day, and let all be right with the world, if only for the moment.

Oops about initially leaving it undated -- now fixed! Thanks for the reminder; I felt like there was something I'd forgotten. XD

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
There are others, the blue murmured, as he walked sedately along beside the river, heading for the edge of the lake. They had landed some time earlier, the young dragon wishing to walk for some reason Z’ia had not been made privy to. Around both their heads, the three green firelizards zipped, playing in the warm sunshine.

“Oh? Who is it?” Z’ia was not overly concerned. There were usually others at the lake, especially dragonriders. With Katila being as warm as it was, and most of the river being occupied on such days by those without the delights of a flying dragon’s wings, the lake edge was popular for solo expeditions or small groups. Whomever it was, they could avoid them if need be – not that Z’ia saw any need to avoid anyone, unless they were severely annoying, or posed a threat to Aveleth’s good mood.

It is Besulth, Aveleth informed Z’ia, and the little bluerider grinned. Since graduating, he hadn’t spent nearly enough time over the past several turns with his classmates. It wasn’t that he didn’t enjoy their company – for the most part, Z’ia enjoyed everyone’s company – but rather that like most of them, he had moved into different circles upon graduation. Being swept under D’hys’ wing had definitely been cause of a large circle gap. The older bluerider could be so fussy about whom he bothered to spend time with.

“What’re they doing?” Z’ia asked, holding an arm up for Plauge who landed on it dutifully, the green climbing up to perch on his shoulder, her tail wrapping around Z’ia’s neck while Destiny and Chastity flickered around his head. Aveleth meandered along, speaking lowly as his pace slowed down and he came to a stop. Oiling?

“Then they shouldn’t mind company!” Z’ia cheered good naturedly, rubbing Aveleth’s soft hide reassuringly and urging him onwards. Taking the opportunity while the blue paused, Z’ia slipped down his side and bounced his way up the beach, leaving the timid dragon to catch up. Chastity landed gently on Aveleth’s head, but Destiny shrieked in delight and took off after the tiny bluerider.

When he was ostly close enough to be heard, Z’ia slung out a greeting, “Heeeeeeeeey C’viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir!” and continued his bouncing, sand skittering journey until he came to a stop not a few feet from Besulth’s nose. “Sup?” A cheesy grin formed on Z’ia’s face, green eyes sparkling.

Wow, Zi'a is so dusty. Sorry ><; He should sort himself out in a couple of posts.
Unless stated otherwise, Aveleth never speaks to anyone but Z'ia

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Hello, handsome, Besulth purred, peering at the petite bluerider in front of him but extending his thoughts to Aveleth as well. Handsomes, he amended warmly.

"Fuck's sake, Besulth," C'vir muttered under his breath, stepping around from behind the dragon's front leg. He'd heard Z'ia's approach and briefly ducked for cover -- he needed a moment in private to resign himself to the now inevitable social contact and to  begin the rarely smooth shift into conversational mode. You could have warned me, he silently admonished his dragon as he directed his attention to Z'ia, attempting a smile.

Could have. Didn't want to. You shouldn't avoid your own kind all the time.

I can't manage to avoid them at all with you around, he replied, patting the brown's shoulder nonetheless as he passed. He stopped a few steps shy of the newly arrived bluerider, almost disarmed by the other man's broad grin. He hadn't kept up with his classmates any more than he kept up with anyone else,  but remembered them all well enough. It was Z'ia's tireless good humor that C'vir recalled, that, and the bluerider's eyes. They were always expressive, never veiled, and thus nothing like C'vir's own, which remained inscrutable under even the best of circumstances.

"Oiling the brown beast, at his insistence," the rider replied lightly, offering a mildly apologetic grin. "You may recall how... forward Besulth can be," he added, alluding to the brown's overly familiar greeting. "Feel free to ignore him." This time his strained smile was the product of a tightening jaw, not sentiment. Not everyone enjoys your unsolicited attention, you know.

Relax. You know I mean nothing by it. I was only being friendly. You should try it sometime. The dragon swiveled his head to meet the top of C'vir's, exhaling softly into the man's hair. It sent the brownrider's curls askew, diffusing them along with his irritation. Though he only barely succeeded in keeping back a disgruntled sigh, the tension in his jaw eased and he felt his features resume their standard expression of detached placidity. "What brings you two out this afternoon? The water, or the weather?"

No worries! I'm still easing into C'vir myself.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z’ia grinned widely at the brown dragon, throwing the creature an exaggerated and overly coy wink in response to his greeting. Meanwhile, Aveleth gave a low croon that was somewhere between delight and mortification as he drew back away from his clutch mate, curling up while his eyes fluttered colours of the same emotions. His emotions were pleasant, pleased and past experiences with his fellow graduate told him that as uncomfortable as Besulth’s nature could make the timid blue, he had yet to push Aveleth beyond his threshold. It would probably happen someday, but it hadn’t yet and Z’ia saw no reason to anticipate such a thing.

Ignore him?” Z’ia asked, upping the tone of scandal as he turned to stare at Besulth in shock. His mischievous smile had managed to be retained for a moment, before Z’ia let it take on life once more, curling over his lips delightedly. “How could you ever ignore such a wonderful creature?!” Z’ia extended his hand, indicating Besulth’s muzzle though he wasn’t impolite enough to actively touch the other man’s dragon without permission.

If I bathe, will you oil me? Aveleth’s soft voice floated into Z’ai’s mind and the young man turned to grin impishly at his dragon. “Of course, Kiddo.” That was, after all, why that had come down to the lakeside – well, part of it. Z’ia had also come to destress and enjoy messing around with his dragon and the three green firelizards chittering. Plague nuzzled Z’ia’s cheek gently as Destiny and Chastity took off from where they had been seated on Aveleth’s neck ridges.

Turning his attention upon Aveleth, Z’ia removed the flighting harness that was on the dragon and tidily put it aside where it would not get wet or damaged. He did not feel like making a new set any time soon! The current set was quite new enough. “Go!” He gave a playful shove to Aveleth’s cheek to turn the dragon towards the lake, and watched fondly as the blue pranced happily to the lake edge and splashed in.

“Both, actually,” Z’ia finally responded to C’vir, turning his attention to his fellow rider as Plague settled herself back onto his shoulder after scolding Destiny and Chastity and making sure they went with Aveleth to the water; the blue was flicking water at the two firelizards with his nose. “The weather is enjoyable enough that the water is inviting. Aveleth enjoys swimming, and usually he would have managed to bring Zeianth along, but D’hys had other plans for the day.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C'vir, determined not to appear as amused as Z'ia's response to Besulth had made him, shook his curls back into place before giving the bluerider a slanted smile and the brown a permissive pat. Go on, then. You've already started -- why stop now? Crooning approvingly, the dragon stretched his muzzle to  meet Z'ia's outstretched hand. Good looking and well-mannered, the brown murmured coyly into the minds of both his rider and their new companion. Pleased with the attention, he withdrew himself from Z'ia's touch enough to aim one whirling eye rather pointedly at his own rider. Quite a catch, I'd say.

C'vir felt himself redden slightly, fingertips unconsciously curling in  towards loose fists at his side. "He's a talker. And a whore."

A rolling snort was the closest thing the Besulth could manage to a chuckle. Well one of us has to be a little slutty, and it certainly hasn't been you, as of late, the dragon playfully -- and privately -- commented. Give it a rest, or I'll find a way to get you into that lake, the rider hastily rejoined.

After that particular excange, the brownrider was happy for the momentary respite from conversation as Z'ia set to work removing Aveleth's straps; he needed the pause to bring himself back into balance. His dragon's quips disturbed him because they were true. Normally he made quite a show of his ability to get women into bed (a talent more related to his looks than his sweet talking skills), but for the past few months he'd had neither the energy nor the interest necessary for such pursuits.
I wonder why that could be, the brown inserted teasingly.
Can you not give me a moment of peace without interjecting? Not one? Ever?
You'll thank me for being so irritating eventually.

C'vir, doubtful he would ever see such a day, turned to watch Aveleth make his joyful plunge into the lake waters. He grinned at the blue, momentarily wishing he could trade Besulth in for the afternoon. The urge passed, as it always did, when he felt the brown's head nudge his shoulder as the dragon also turned to watch Aveleth. The rider reached back blindly, seeking the brown's head, and swiveled his shoulders back toward Z'ia.  "Besulth hates water.  He humored me today because he knew he'd get an oiling out of it." At the mention of D'hys, C'vir paused. Given his tendency to keep to himself, the brownrider was only very vaguely informed about the various Katila coteries and pairings. "Is D'hys your....?" He hesitated, trying not to allow his uncertainty to show. "Uh, werymate? Good friend? Sorry -- I'm afraid I don't keep up much with who means what to whom. Perhaps I should start paying attention so I don't have to ask."
You're not nearly as impertinent as you think you are. You are, however, making things more awkward than they need to be, so relax.
Is that supposed to be encouraging?

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

“The best kind of catch!” Z’ia agreed, grinning widely and throwing C’vir a teasing smile. The other man’s growing blush only further amused the tiny bluerider, though sparkling green eyes were as far as he took it. People reacted so funnily to such silly things! “No harm there, if he can back it up!” Anyone could talk big; it was following up those heavy words with actions that was the truly important thing.

Z’ia was personally pleased that his bedroom gossip was vastly under-exaggerated. Oh, there were hints occasionally of his darker streak, but the tiny rider was careful – troublemakers like that greenrider A’liran were not taken seriously, and they were the ones he targeted. Big mouths, a taste for danger and daring, and known to throw themselves around when wound up in lust. No one questioned it when that type came out of a bedroom looking damaged. Being a greenrider to boot they were almost entirely considered unimportant in the scale of things.

“Aveleth loves to swim,” Z’ia murmured in the slight pause, watching his dragon. Seconds later, however, the little bluerider was coughing and spluttering on laughter while Plague gave a screech and stared at C’vir with fiery coloured eyes. “Good F-faranth no!” Z’ia stuttered, still choking on his laughter, as he wiped away tears that had sprung up. “Definitely not!” Laughter was still ringing in the words, and curls bounced around as Z’ia shook his head, utterly bemused by such a terrible misconception. Weyrmate indeed!

“D’hys is rider of blue Zeianth. He is endeavouring to Weyrmate with our very own V’zire. Vikki is being very Vikki, but Dee is pretty determined so he’ll get his way eventually.” Considering that C’vir hadn’t recalled who D’hys was (Z’ia was going to have so much fun rubbing that in his friend’s ego), Z’ia wasn’t prepared to bet too much that he remembered V’zire’s honorific. Vikki should jog the man’s memory to the greenrider being their clutchmate, and if it didn’t, well, he’d just tease him for being so forgetful.

As for his relationship with D’hys, well, that was pretty easy: “D’hys is my bitch.” There wasn’t so much as a twitch or twinkle of amusement as Z’ia delivered that statement with a perfectly neutral expression, green eyes neither more nor less expressive than any other time. Plague chittered something, nuzzling at Z’ia’s ear before taking off lightly from his shoulder, the little green firelizard winging over to join Aveleth and her minions, scolding all three since she had apparently decided bathing was done and it was time to be oiled.

Aveleth, well used to the bossy little firelizard, ignored her as he finished his personal bathing, before leaving the water. Once out of it, he extended his wings and planted his feet firmly, shaking the water free from his body before trotting up the beach with the awkward dragon gait. Clean! he announced cheerfully to Z’ia alone, never having been big on public speaking, and then paused. His shy gaze shifted between the two humans and to look at Besulth, then back at Z’ia. Suspicion altered his features subtly.

… What did you do?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C'vir resolved to banish his blushes, even if it meant replacing them with brusqueness. His recently renewed preoccupation with Katila politics left him distracted, and slightly less guarded as a result. The slip in presentation was one the brownrider intended to rectify quickly, lest it become habitual. Startled by some combination of Z'ia's laughter and Plague's screeching,  the man's shoulder's jerked unconsciously, raising a rumble of displeasure from Besulth.  That wretched thing would be terribly easy to kill, the brown muttered irately. Eaaaaaasy. You know I can't let you murder people's pets, much as you think you'd enjoy it.
The brown, firelizard vendetta further reinforced, settled reluctantly, training a watchful eye on Plague as his rider continued conversing.

C'vir dutifully filed away the information about D'hys and V'zire's budding relationship,  hoping that it would prevent him from asking future stupid questions pertaining to the two. Faranth, I'm behind on things. I should be paying more attention.
Just now figuring that out? You're not normally quite this bad with names, either.
Disconcerted, the brownrider spent a moment placing both mentioned riders. His eventual success at mentally locating their faces, along with the reference to V'zire's nickname, jarred  his memory more properly than their honorifics had.  D'hys had been willfully forgotten; any thought of the bluerider brought with it the thought of the man's smile, which was dangerous. V'zire had been a perfectly pleasant -- if not exceedingly memorable --  classmate, but C'vir had grown particularly adept at justifying avoiding his Renewed Hope fellows post-graduation. Theoretically, he thought, weyrlinghood's purpose was partially to force the weyrlings to cultivate trust, relationships, and alliances that would keep the weyr functioning healthily; he had spent his time in training avoiding those bonds, tending Besulth, and struggling to outperform his own insecurity complex. As a result, he preferred to evade the assumed familiarity that he occasionally encountered from those in his class.
It wouldn't hurt you to have a few friends, or if you can't bear the thought of that particular word, allies.
Full of advice today, I see, the rider murmured more scathingly than he'd intended, fixing his gaze, which had strayed with his thoughts, firmly back on the bluerider.

"V'zire is the type to require some wooing," he recalled idly, more to himself than to Z'ia. He held back the barking laugh inspired by the bluerider's deadpan remark on D'hys, settling instead for a single lifted brow as he began to rediscover his own nonchalance. "Is he now?" He tipped his chin forward in mock seriousness. "Sounds like you may be getting a better deal than V'zire, depending on what exactly being your bitch entails."
See?! You can have bitches if you don't want "friends!"
The brownrider forced his lips together to prevent the escape of a chuckle, pausing as Aveleth, who appeared to have finished bathing, ambled onto shore to regard them all warily. Besulth crooned softly in greeting. Welcome back, my bathing blue beauty. They're finally talking about something interesting.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The way the dragon was eyeing off Plague did not go unnoticed by Z’ia, though beyond an amused, slightly smug look at the dragon, the tiny bluerider made no comment. He (and Plague, too) enjoyed the way she could so very easily make people and dragons uncomfortable, and entirely get away with it. Watching dragons squirm by the power of a firelizard barely the length of Z’ia’s forearm was both satisfying and hilarious. It was kind of like the way Z’ia could make men a foot taller than himself squirm without much effort. Satisfying indeed!

“Definitely getting a better deal,” Z’ia snorted. D’hys was still waiting to get the princess out of his panties, and Z’ia was very much enjoying watching his friend squirm and grumble even if he didn’t actually squirm or grumble. He’d give the bluerider props for being determined to win the little ice queen over, but he was definitely given V’zire props for making D’hys work so hard for it. The ridiculous greenrider would probably regret making D’hys work so hard when he finally spread his legs; the bluerider would be frustrated and Z’ia was not sure he could ever picture D’hys being overly delicate. Oh well. Z’ia’s opinion was more or less that greenriders were born wanting it, and if they were not, they learned to as soon as their slutty dragon picked them out of the crowd.

The fact that blueriders were notorious for running around taking such things far more than greenriders ever willing gave was not something Z’ia put together, and even if he did, he’d just shrug. It was his right as a bluerider to take what he wanted from a greenrider. That is why their dragons were coloured that way, and why he was a bluerider and not some primped up princess on green.

The sudden anxiety and amused discomfort from Aveleth had Z’ia’s gaze switching to his moments-ago excited blue to see him squirming placidly after Besulth’s croon, and Z’ia snorted, smiling fondly as Aveleth confirmed that the brown had welcomed him back, but he carefully hid what had been said with embarrassment. Z’ia snorted again, deeply amused, and petted his timid young dragon on the nose. “And I didn’t do anything, Kiddo.” He reassured, still smiling as Aveleth cautiously spread his wings out fully, enjoying both the light breeze and the warm sunshine on the thin membrane.

If you say so, Z’ia, Aveleth agreed placidly, eyes swirling happily as the tiny rider bounced over to his collection of miscellaneous items and came bounding back with the large bucket of oil. The liquid, scented with citrus extracts, gave Aveleth a spunky, fresh scent that was likely more closely associated with Z’ia and his personality than the reserved and timid dragon. Z’ia, however, quit firmly believed lavender was for girls and greenriders, despite the fact that the calming function of the oil would have well suited his stressful dragon.

Popping the lid open, Z’ia dipped both hands into the liquid and scooped up a double handful, which was swiftly smeared in the centre of Aveleth’s face, right between his eyes and down the length of his nose. The dragon gave a soft rumble of amusement before purring with pleasure as Z’ia began the well-practiced routine of rubbing the oil in. “Can’t remember the last time we did a proper oiling,” Z’ia commented, half to Aveleth and half to C’vir.

He oiled the firelizards regularly enough, but they were young and still growing, and they were dramatically smaller than Aveleth. In addition, they only wriggled when he was trying to oil between their toes (Plague) or around their nose (Destiny); Chastity, with her forlorn crush on D’hys, was perfectly content to lie deathly still and remain loose enough for Z’ia to extend wings and oil her toes without the little thing wriggling. He was almost positive she was trying to show D’hys how utterly amazingly obedient she was so that he would love her. Z’ia had no idea why the little green was so obsessed with his fellow bluerider, but he found her one-sided crush utterly adorable, and D’hys’ horror at it was fucking hilarious.

Z’ia was silent for some time, fishing around internally for a subject that would be in C’vir’s range without being boring or too hot. Aveleth’s soft suggestion had Z’ia perking up and he turned to grin cheerfully at C’vir. “Any bets on how many eggs Krypth will pop out this time?” Calling the dragon a whore might not go down well, so Z’ia compensated by using her name. “She got snagged by a brown again. When are you two going to start catching shiny hides?” Eyebrows wiggled playfully as Z’ia smirked.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C'vir lapsed easily into silence, content to leave Z'ia to his own devices as they both set to oiling their dragons. The brownrider enjoyed the chore almost as much as Besulth did; he'd had plenty of practice, and his familiarity with the task allowed him to empty his mind as he worked, a respite from thought he rarely received elsewhere. It wasn't uncommon for him to forget time entirely as he worked over the brown's almond shaded hide, losing himself in the rhythm of the task -- until the dragon started talking. Some days Besulth was better than others at enjoying his oilings silently: this afternoon was not destined to be one of them. He crooned lowly, pleased with his rider's thorough work. I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to do this every day. The rider shook his head, applying a generous amount of oil to a dry patch he'd discovered on the brown's chest. If you weren't so damn big, maybe I would. The dragon, in inspired response, drew himself up to full height, putting the area of his hide on which C'vir had been working well out of reach and leaving the man to stare up at him, hands on his hips. "And you wonder why I don't oil you more often," he chided aloud. He swatted the dragon's foreleg gently for good measure, waiting until the brown completely lowered himself before he resumed his work. "You have to be difficult, don't you?"  The query was voiced softly and with no lack of tenderness. You'd have no fun if I was well-behaved.

C'vir swivelled, drawn back to Z'ia by the sound of his question. "There's no telling with Krypth," he answered with a snort, reflecting on the gold's mating habits. Krypth's fertility wasn't necessarily a cause for complaint -- she was certainly doing her part to populate Katila -- but there were very few who weren't amused by the frequency of her reproduction. She rose more often than Okalinath and Nirinath combined, not that anyone expected much from the senior queen. "She's certainly... prolific, in her own way. I'm convinced she spends more time on the Sands than off."

The bluerider's second question gave rise to a noncommittal shrug, followed promptly by a deceptively offhand reply. "Whenever Besulth decides to make a go of it. So far he hasn't seemed interested, which is surprising, given how much he enjoys chasing greens." He paused to glare in the brown's direction, never one to miss an opportunity to make his displeasure with greenflight participation known. "He'd have a chance with Krypth, what with her apparent preference for browns." Besulth rumbled indignantly, unwilling to be sold short by his rider's breezy reply. I'd have more than a chance with any of them, thank you. On this point, C'vir was willing to concede, trusting the brown's estimations of his own abilities. And all in due time! At the moment, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if I caught a gold. It's you I'm waiting on, really. The brown, maddeningly, was right -- his rider, for all his ambitions, wasn't prepared for the sudden and demanding changes that winning a gold flight could potentially bring.

"I'm starting to think he has better judgment than I do, waiting. Catching a queen can be troublesome -- look at where it got D'ren." There were undoubtedly far more complicated reasons for the attempt on the former Weyrleader's life than the fact that his dragon had repeatedly caught Nirinath, but it ultimately boiled down to the man's position of power, a position partially based on Ronarth's successes. A bit of a heavy topic for such a pleasant afternoon, the brown remarked, his tone cautionary despite its lightness. C'vir sent the dragon the mental equivalent of a nod, equally eager to switch to less trying topics of conversation. He didn't care to publicly speculate about the poisoning, nor did he feel the need to bring the new Weyrleader, about whom he had yet to fully form an opinion, into the discussion. He quickly volunteered a different line of discussion: "Enough of politics. Instead, perhaps you can tell me the secret to having a dragon that doesn't torment you constantly. Aveleth seems quite the sweetheart."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

“Quite likely,” Z’ia agreed, snorting with amusement; the young gold seemed quite intent on attempting to repopulate the entire planet. Of course, she would be doing much better if she had the guts to pop out more than about ten eggs each time! Useless female; at least Nirinath had the decency to produce a decent sized clutch. And you are not biased at all, are you? Aveleth put in gently, his tone playfully amused as he nudged Z’ia’s chest with his nose.

“True enough,” Z’ia nodded, looking over at C’vir with a mild frown. Catching gold had certainly put S’kef in some interesting situations, which had resulted in some interesting results for D’ren. Well, shit happened! “Aveleth isn’t much of a chaser,” not that the young dragon needed to be. Z’ia was more than happy to capture his own quarry, and usually enjoyed it much more. Rilaleeyth is special, Aveleth purred slightly, not really paying attention to Z’ia’s thoughts, and his mind wandering. The young rider shook his head at the random thoughts flashing through, and moved to oil along the dragon’s side.

Z’ia was startled into a bright laugh at C’vir’s change in topic, and turned to look at his fellow classmate. “Aveleth? Sweet?” The rider’s tone was teasing and bright and Aveleth gave a low croon of amusement as he nuzzled Z’ia’s neck with his nose. “Wherever did you pick up that notion?!” Dark green eyes sparkled with amusement, and he petted his dragon’s nose over the top of his shoulder before tilting his head. “Not sure what I did, truth be told. Must be good luck, I guess.”

Destiny, the dragon crooned gently, causing the firelizard to stir and Z’ia’s eyes to glance toward the green before realising his dragon was speaking of their bond, not the appearance of the little firelizards. Z’ia grinned. “Destiny indeed, Kiddo.” Destiny chirped questioningly, and slithered over the top of Aveleth’s oiled hide to croon at Z’ia. “Didn’t do bad with the girls, either,” Z’ia smiled, picking up Destiny while Plague hissed lowly from her perch on Z’ia’s shoulder. The younger greens’ tail twined tightly around Z’ia’s wrist and she purred softly, leaning away from Plague but otherwise ignoring the temperamental green.

“You don’t have any firelizards.” It was a statement, not a question, though the eyebrow Z’ia lifted slightly at C’vir invited an explanation if he had one.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C'vir listened idly as he worked his way around Besulth's body, pausing occasionally to ask the large brown to adjust positions when he needed access to a hard-to-reach area. He nodded in a vaguely approving manner at the infrequency of Aveleth's participation in flights -- a further merit, in his mind, of the blue's. Though he often wished Besulth showed a bit less zeal when it came to lusty greens, he could forgive the brown's enthusiasm for the chase if the dragon would ever show a bit of discernment. Instead, he picked at random, rarely pursuing the same potential mate twice.
What's the need? To C'vir's continued chagrin, the brown was seldom without a query or comment related to his rider's thoughts. You're not involved with anyone. I'll fly who I like while I can.
Which would be fine if I enjoyed waking up in the beds of strangers.
Oh you don't? The brown's feigned surprise carried a bit of bite. You certainly enjoy making people think that you do, especially when it's the bed of a woman you happen to wake up in.

The rider finished distributing the oil remaining on his hands, rubbing it roughly into a large swath of the brown's hide. "That's all you get today, ingrate,"  he muttered, giving the dragon's side a final pat. "You've exhausted my patience." He abandoned the oil to lean lightly against Besulth, snorting softly with amusement at Z'ia's mention of luck. "I'm not sure it was luck that stuck me with this one," he remarked, jerking his head up and back towards the brown, who rumbled fondly in response.  Not luck, though it's certainly a sign of your own good fortune. You'd be helpless without me.

C'vir ignored the commentary with a bemused shake of his head, watching one of the more agreeable of Z'ia's green firelizards settle onto the bluerider's wrist. See? It's sweet. This time, it was Besulth that declined to respond, remaining pointedly silent. The dragon's feelings about firelizards were vehement and well-known; there was no changing his mind about them.

"Sadly, no," C'vir replied, chancing a peek at petulant Plague. He had a fondness for companion animals that couldn't talk back, a fondness that Besulth, unfortunately, did not share.  With a thumb, he motioned  over his shoulder at the brown. "It's forbidden." Though his voice was grave, the rolling eyes that accompanied the statement were not. "If I'm anyone's bitch, I'm Besulth's, which means I'm forced to submit to his anti-firelizard decree."

Sorry it took me so damn long to reply! We can wrap it up whenever you'd like or keep at it for a bit longer. I'm easy to please, haha :)

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z’ia grimaced at C’vir and his answer, with a flickering glance towards the brown dragon as he considered how he, himself, had come to be in possession of the firelizards he did claim. “Plague was an accident,” he offered, tilting his head to eye the eldest of his firelizards with a raised eyebrow. She crooned happily and licked his cheek, causing Z’ia’s face to split into a wide, affectionate smile. “I wouldn’t let her near him for the longest time,” he added, rolling his eyes slightly at himself.

It had been an unknown at the time, and Z’ia had been torn between the little flitters insistent need for affection, and Aveleth’s quiet approval for the creature. They were known plague bringers, however, and Z’ia had spent far more time washing his hands and banishing his little firelizard away from his dragon before he’d slowly consented that perhaps they wouldn’t cause what was left of the dragons – and most importantly, his Aveleth – to become ill or vanish between forever. What a horrifying thought! Aveleth crooned with soft reassurance and nuzzled at Z’ia’s side gently.

“Destiny and Chastity are from a clutch I found; Most of them got away, but these two decided to hang around.” An affectionate pat was given to Aveleth’s nose and he smiled warmly. “Aveleth named these two,” he added, causing the dragon to duck his head shyly though he crooned very softly with pleasure and pride. “She’s in love with D’hys,” Z’ia added, nodding at Chastity whose head had shot up at the name and a low croon rippled from her throat as she peered around for the mentioned bluerider, before sulking when he was proven to not be there.

“His stance is much the same as your dragons.” Z’ia’s eternal amusement was quite clear as he shifted Destiny to his other shoulder and scooped up the tiny, sulking green Chastity so he could sooth her placidly. He highly doubted Chastity would ever manage to win D’hys over, but the firelizards infatuation with his fellow bluerider was too hilarious to fight, and he enjoyed the way she made D’hys squirm just by being in the room. It was magnificent!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C'vir and Besulth eyed Plague with equal skepticism, both surprised by the green's sudden show of affection. Earlier, it had been a shrieking terror; now it seemed perfectly subdued. They're funny little things, firelizards, the rider mused, confident that the brown would latch onto the stray thought. If the dragon was conscious, he was listening, and if he was listening, chances were good he'd have a comment -- welcome or not -- to contribute. Small, dumb, and double the nuisance, I believe is what you're getting at. The brown shifted, lowering the bulk of his body to the ground and rolling the bulk of his weight onto his right side. He enjoyed the warmth of sun and sand enough to tolerate the washing he would now certainly be subjected to sometime in the next few days.

Z'ia's response interested C'vir far more than the asides of the basking brown. "An accident?" That phrase piqued his curiosity. From what he knew about firelizards, Impression was generally the result of concentrated effort (and some choice bits of raw meat) on the human's part. While Besulth expressly forbid his rider to so much as glance at flit eggs, if the man were to gain one on accident.....
Don't even think about it. The brownrider grinned roguishly, delighted to have goaded the brown for once -- it was so often the other way around. "How does one accidentally acquire a firelizard?"
You've given him ideas, the dragon informed Z'ia, snorting in the bluerider's general direction. Something I'd hold against you if you weren't so cute.

C'vir opted to spare Besulth a swat, instead flashing a faint smile in Aveleth's direction. "And lovely names they are," he affirmed, his demeanor softening for the dragon in a way it rarely did for people. The blue became more endearing by the moment! Lovelorn Chastity was also charming, pining after the distant bluerider she was so determined to charm bewitch. "Maybe one day," he mused, a remark addressed to Z'ia in reference to Chastity's pursuit of D'hys' affection and to Besulth to imply that the rider was prepared to wear him down where firelizards were concerned.

He cast a wayward glance at his darkening forearms before tipping his head back to consult Rukbat's position in the sky. "I'm afraid if I don't force the brown beast back soon, I won't escape the afternoon without quite a burn." He held his arms out in front of him, displaying their reddening surface.

We could go back inside, the brown started sulkily, broadening the reach of his mindvoice to include Z'ia in the remainder of his response. Or you could both strip down and get some sun were it matters.

"No." C'vir's eyebrows shot skyward the stern sound of his own voice -- he hadn't intended to reply aloud.

You probably didn't mean to show what a terrible prude you are, either, but you can't take it back now!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

“Yep!” Z’ia grinned good naturedly as he stroked Plague gently with one hand. “A batch of candidates went camping down by the lake for some reason, and I went along because why not? We found the firelizard eggs while we were down there. Of course, no one had seen them for decades, so we mostly thought they were tunnel snakes and the like.” Z’ia smirked sideways at Plague who grumbled softly under her breath but nuzzled his cheek none-the-less. “I found Plague’s egg then; it squeaked when I shook it so I kept it. I was hoping for a tunnel snake.” A wicked smirk played over his lips and Z’ia tapped the side of his nose. He would have had such fun putting the little creature in Tsuen’s hut, too!

“Heaps of the kids Impressed at an actual hatching that someone’s brat stumbled across, though,” he continued, “and most of those were accidental. They just like food, and most of the kids were running around with some type of food in hand or crumbs on their faces.” He shrugged, still smiling cheerfully. “Hunger is hunger, apparently.” He knew for a fact that R’nd had not intended to post, and there were several others – the green slut with a firelizard sucking his face, the bitchy little weyrbrat with one hanging off her toe while it drank her blood. It had been amazing!

“I’m gorgeous,” Z’ia agreed valiantly, executing a perfect bow for the brown dragon before rising, and a sly look was given to C’vir and Z’ia smiled, radiating innocence. “Reckon I could arrange for you to Impress by accident, if you want.” The mischievous bluerider’s eyes flickered to look up at Besulth, most of his attention was on C’vir, though he was clearly baiting the temperamental brown about a topic the dragon obviously didn’t like.

Z’ia’s attention had reverted to soothing Chastity, who was still sulking, when his mind was invaded by Besulth, and the curly head shot up, laughter bouncing free at the way C’vir’s response had been so swift to the dragon’s teasing prompt, and wicked green eyes sized up C’vir pointedly, a teasing smirk on the bluerider’s lips. “Reckon you don’t get much moonlight either,” he teased, eyebrows wriggling suggestively as he grinned at C’vir.

You are a terrible person, Z’ia! Contrary to his words, Aveleth’s voice was riddled with gentle amusement as he nuzzled Z’ia in the side and turned his own amused eyes upon C’vir, wondering how the brownrider would react to his silly human’s prompting. Z’ia’s mood was buoyant and pleasant, and Aveleth was quite certain that while the human wouldn’t get uppity if C’vir stalked off, he also knew Z’ia wouldn’t push the other man, either and would likely laugh it off… and then go and find a troublesome greenrider to torment.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)