World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Graduation Giveaway [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
It was a party, but V'zire seemed to look as if he were attending someone's funeral. It might as well have been his own with the position he had landed himself in. By no means had it been intentional, he was just too kind hearted to leave the poor things to fend for themselves out in the wild! Of course, that was the way the natural order of things would have it, but V'zire was a bleeding heart. So, he had 'rescued' two firelizard clutches unthinkingly. He didn't even like firelizards. Most of the Weyr had adapted to their presence well enough, but V'zire knew what they were - plague carriers. The greenrider refused to let any near Niskziath, even though she was oddly fascinated by them. Niskziath had a fascination with all things, and it was shamefully easy to turn her attention from firelizards to something similar, like birds.

Are you panicking? A pause. You are panicking.

'I'm not!'

...Okay. The green dragon was easily convinced that her bonded was not panicking, and his distraught emotions clearly meant something else... which she hadn't quite figured out yet. It would take her a while to piece this one together.

Truth was that V'zire was fairly close to panicking. He hadn't really thought things through when he rescued the apparently abandoned eggs. V'zire had simply wanted to help them, but they were going to get in the way of everything! It would be a disaster if they all hatched in his care - he didn't want to accidentally bond with one. But, shells, he could have tackled that problem if it occurred. What he could not tackle was the not-so secret truth that D'hys disliked flits just as much as V'zire. What would his lover think to see him with fourteen firelizard eggs? He'd take him for some obsessed firelizard fanatic! He'd be dumped on the spot. V'zire was far too invested in the relationship to let a clutch of firelizards get in his way! He just needed to get rid of them all before D'hys found out he was even in possession of them. The bluerider would think of him poorly, and he'd lose D'hys' faith entirely.

No more hand-holding, no more sweet kisses, no more less-than-innocent kisses (and that thought alone brought a blush to his face). The only relationship he had ever taken a chance on would be snatched from him by some silly miniature dragons! They had to go, they had to go right now. V'zire did not doubt that D'hys would seek him out soon to dance or cuddle, and V'zire could not be seen with flitter eggs.

The young greenrider had secured a table for himself, and fourteen eggs lay on top of the table, cushioned by a thick blanket that he hoped would keep them warm without boiling them. Oh no, if he inadvertently hurt them he'd never forgive himself! That was it, V'zire was even more determined to see every last egg out of his hands and into those that belonged to people who liked firelizards and had some idea of how to take care of them.

I would like one. Is there a pink one?

'No, love, there isn't.' Even V'zire sounded a little disappointed at that.

Oh. But not nearly as disappointed as Niskziath was.

That's right, folks. This is a firelizard egg giveaway thread! V'zire has found his hands full with fourteen more firelizard eggs than he would ever want, and he really needs to get rid of them before his boyfriend realizes he's been 'tainted' by association with them! These are completely free - all you have to do is post your character wanting one, and V'zire will be more than happy to let you take one or three off of his hands!

The color distribution is:
Dud (1)
Green (2)
Blue (4)
Brown (2)

Received Firelizards:
Isscer (Brown)
Aeldan (Green)
K'tir (Green, Blue, Bronze)

However, you may not request a specific color! : D It will be a surprise, and well, one unfortunate soul will end up with the dud egg.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Isscer had slipped into the party earlier, looking freshly scrubbed and dressed in his nicest tunic. Of course, what he considered his nicest was very much out-of-date, but at least it was clean and made him look presentable. With his face and hands scrubbed clean and his damp hair washed and combed down flat, Isscer looked remarkably put-together. Typically he was rumpled and dirt-smeared; he tugged at the neck of his rust-colored tunic, scratching at his collarbone, observing the crowd from his vantage point near the back of the Gather Square.

Isscer sipped on a glass of wine, lazily people watching. He was somewhat amazed that he had managed to get away with brooding in the back, but perhaps that meant that his glare was improving in strength. The crowd appeared to be primarily weyrlings and riders, but he swore he saw some crafters interspersed, a brief glimpse of knots here and there in the crowd.

But it was V'zire with his mess strewn all over the table that caught Isscer's eye, and had for some time. He had found himself drawn to the spectacle again and again, trying to figure out the hang-dog expression on the greenrider's face and why he thought it proper to bring a sharding firelizard clutch to a Graduation event. Isscer was not adverse to the idea of a firelizard, but had never seen the appeal in collecting them like other appeared to do. He supposed they could be useful, and there was something to be said about how tiny they were when they were hatchlings, but he had always considered them a step down from a dragon.

With time, however, that view had changed. The many flitts around the Weyr had changed Isscer's mind; they were nowhere near as intelligent as dragons, and many of the crafters had flitts and seemed perfectly fine with them. It wasn't necessarily something to worry and fret over, as Impressing a firelizard was very different from Impressing a dragon. He was more open to firelizards than dragons, seeing little threat in them, and so V'zire's table was intriguing to say the least.

Isscer got to his feet after draining his cup, making his way through the crowd towards V'zire's table. "You must be excellent at finding firelizard clutches. I don't think I've ever seen this many gathered together." He cast a curious look over the many eggs, considering it, before he dared to ask, "Are you looking to get rid of them?"

Isscer would be interested in taking an egg off V'zire's hands! =]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Surprisingly, Aeldan found a certain amount of enjoyment out of Weyr-wide events; graduations were a particular favorite of hers, though she had yet to pin down why that was. It was rare for her to actually talk, unless someone initiated, but she liked watching the people interact. And the food certainly wasn't something to turn her nose up at.

But sitting at a table and hoping no one decided that she looked lonely was something that got old as the hours passed, and while the celebration hadn't been in full-swing for long tonight, it was something she kept keenly in mind. Looking like she was actually trying to get something accomplished didn't mean that she had to find something to get accomplished. Wandering around the Dining Hall with a mug of klah clutched in her hands was impulsion enough, right?

Aeldan was not overly familiar with the ins and outs of firelizards. Sure, she'd seen them around the Weyr and the like, but they had never been of particular interest to her. To be frank she wasn't sure what the point of them was. Dragons, sure; they were big, they were strong, they were useful. Firelizards were cute, of course, and they caused their share of mischief--but Aeldan just didn't see why that was considered a good thing. Maybe it wasn't. Which just brought her back to wondering what the point even was.

As it was, stumbling upon someone with a whole clutch of the things was thoroughly confusing. One, maybe, she could understand. But however many this person had was just dumbfounding. And enough to spark her curiosity to the point that she actually dared to venture into the general vicinity of the table that the man (and now another party-goer) had taken over. She didn't approach it, per se, but it was hard to miss the fact that she was tentatively eyeing the table.

Aeldan thinks she might want one. Possibly. There's a small chance. :P

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

'Can you keep a look out for me?' V'zire sent the message along to his Green, who was already distracted by an unattended child trying to reach up to her head to pet her. V'zire did not actually get a response until a couple of minutes later, when Niskziath actually recalled that he had spoken with her. In fact, it was a mild miracle that she remembered at all. Dragons had notoriously short memories, but Niskziath's seemed to be shorter than most's. For who? Niskziath blew a wave of air over the child's head, watching its hair ruffle with great interest.

'D'hys. Please?'

I have not seen him yet. He is usually with you. Have you lost him?

'...Oh, no, I haven't. I just want to know if he's going to come my way or not.'

I will inform you. A few minutes later and she had already forgotten about her supposed mission. She had not only acquired one child, but a small group of young humans. She was busy chatting politely with them, and she would not dare have her attention removed from the fragile humans!

V'zire sat alone for quite a few minutes, wondering to himself if he should have made a sign. But, he really didn't want to draw too much attention to himself. He didn't really want most people he knew to see how many firelizard eggs were in his possession, because that would quickly get back to D'hys and oh Faranth, that couldn't happen! The greenrider was relieved when he seemed to draw somebody's attention. Isscer was greeted with a warm smile, one that was incapable of judgment. V'zire was simply happy someone had come to his rescue!

"Hello! I, uh, didn't really intend to find any, let alone two. I certainly don't need fourteen firelizards, and I don't even want one. So, to answer your question, yes. I'm trying to get rid of them all - they're free, I wouldn't dare try to charge anyone for them." Firelizards actually made V'zire vastly uncomfortable, but he was too much of a bleeding heart to let any of them come to harm! They just weren't allowed around Niskziath, because at the first sign of a flit or dragon coughing he was taking his dragon and disappearing back into the wilds.

"You're more than welcome to take one or two of them, please?" He picked up an egg right then and held it out to Isscer, as if seeing the egg proffered to him would persuade Isscer even more to take one off his hands.

V'zire had only slowly grown aware of Aeldan. Her presence certainly wasn't dominating, but more than a few times he had seen her cast glances towards him and the clutch of firelizard eggs. The girl was also given a smile in greeting, though he wasn't going to make her feel obligated to walk over and talk to him. He'd wave if he wasn't busy trying to gently offer an egg up to Isscer before he could walk away.

>:D Next post is when I'll let you know what Isscer has gotten.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I see," Isscer said, looking over the small eggs. They were quite tiny, and perhaps the one good thing about firelizards was that if the firelizard had a mind to leave, it very well could go feral. It was a relief to Isscer, who had no intention of making the thing stay if it didn't want to, and who felt less pinned down knowing that there was some kind of escape route should it be needed.

"Between the fourteen firelizards and the dragon, you would never get finished washing and oiling hides." It was a very tentative joke, and Isscer followed it with a smile, reaching out to take the firelizard egg V'zire held out. "I suppose I could take one off your hands." It wouldn't be very proper to be rude to the man who was giving firelizard eggs away, now would it?

"I'm sorry, I don't think we've met." This was most likely due to Isscer avoiding most all greenriders if he could help it, but that was just semantics at this point. "Junior Journeyman Farmcrafter Isscer, also a Candidate for Krypth's clutch on the Sands at the moment." It was rare that Isscer would stay to chat, especially with a greenrider, but he did feel indebted to V'zire; he looked V'zire over then, thinking that he looked vaguely familiar but not able to place a name to the face. "How did you find all these eggs? You must be either extremely lucky or extremely unlucky--imagine if they had all hatched before today."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

V'zire laughed softly, and even if the joke wasn't all that great, he would have laughed anyways. The greenrider was one of the kinder people in the Weyr. He was a gentle individual who liked the company of others, though never really demanded for it. "I would never have any free time!" V'zire agreed, though he silently figured himself to die of a heart attack long before any of the flitters were old enough to need a proper bath. If he didn't drag Niskziath down with him, he was sure his death would be even quicker! "You would, really?" There was a great deal of hope in his voice, which indicated that the young man did not want any of them at all. Shells, it was a wonder why he even had them if he had no desire to keep them or make a profit off of them.

V'zire was not going to take the risk of giving Isscer enough time to consider his decision. He didn't want the young man to change his mind and take back his offer! He gingerly passed the egg into Isscer's hands, as if holding the egg meant that he was completely tied to it. It was his now, and now all V'zire had to do was go through thirteen more eggs and he would be firelizard free. Maybe, at this pace, he'd get rid of them all before D'hys came by to check up on him. It was that hope that managed to ease his panic, at least for the time being. As long as more people came by and took some eggs off his hands, they would not see the 'hot mess' that was V'zire.

"Oh, we haven't. I'm sorry. I usually know most of the people in Katila, at least by name. I'm V'zire of Green Niskziath. It's nice to meet you, Isscer, and oh, good luck in the next Hatching. I'm sure there's a dragon waiting for you." Why wouldn't there be a dragon who wanted Isscer? The young man seemed quiet, but also very nice. Surely a dragonet would gravitate towards such a personality! "I found them near the lake, actually, though I imagine the lake has been heavily scoured since the first few clutches were found. I kind of just felt bad about leaving them," he shrugged his shoulders helplessly. "Oh Faranth, that would have been a nightmare! I'm sure most of them would have gone feral, but then some wouldn't and I'd have more flitters than I would ever want."

Isscer has received one brown firelizard!
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Aeldan returned V'zire's smile with a slightly nervous-looking one of her own, as if expecting him to demand her walk over there and take an egg whether she wanted one or not (even if she was probably going to end up doing just that anyway, and not by force). It was another couple minutes, and after V'zire had handed the egg over to Isscer, before she approached the table and the little array of eggs. Her hands were crossed firmly before her, not quite clutching at her middle.

"Hello," she said quietly, giving V'zire another brief smile now that she was finally making a proper approach and greeting. She was quick to return her gaze to the eggs--they didn't look back, which was all well and good for her. There also may have been a fair amount of speculation going on as to what was in the eggs. Not that Aeldan was really any good at guessing, if she judged by how the last Hatching she'd attended had turned out compared to her guesses. "Are you giving all of them away?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The tiny egg was cradled gently in Isscer's hands, and he looked at with with a sense of amazement. At least there were no crazy feelings involved; this egg seemed normal, thank Faranath. Isscer very nearly frowned at V'zire's well-wishing, thinking that the very mention of a dragon for him was distasteful and could very well jinx him into actually Impressing.

He managed to keep a straight face, but there was no hiding the fact that Isscer noticeably relaxed when the conversation turned back to firelizards. He glanced down at the egg, then back at V'zire. He understood the hesitance behind not wanting a firelizard, let alone fourteen; the memory of the plague still lingered, but especially with the dragonriders. He might not have been fond of dragonriders or dragons, but the stories he had heard of how painful it was to lose a dragon were horrifying, even if he didn't fully understand how terrible it really was. He supposed he would never understand unless he Impressed, but Isscer did sympathize with the riders being afraid for their lifemates; he didn't wish any of them dead, after all.

"I thank you," Isscer said, a bit too formal and stiff, a nervous smile playing at his mouth. "I, uh, hope you manage to get rid of the rest," he added quickly, moving away from the table as Aeldan approached.

I wonder what you'll turn out to be? The egg seemed so fragile, and although Isscer still didn't really know how to feel about the firelizards, he knew that it needed to be cared for properly. Perhaps a bit of warm sand in an empty cup would do for now, at least until he could take it back to his area in the barracks... Isscer smiled, what felt like the first genuine smile in ages, and moved back towards the center of the Gather Square to see what he could scrounge up.

Thank you Krysin! I'm so excited to see how this turns out. (:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

V'zire was not so oblivious that he didn't notice Isscer tense when he wished him luck with the next Hatching. He held back the urge to apologize for bringing the young man any form of discomfort since he figured that it would only draw back the uncomfortable well-wishes to the forefront of Isscer's mind. The greenrider did feel a little pity for the young man, since he so badly did not want to Impress. Isscer clearly did not understand how much joy a dragonet would bring him. There was a feeling of completion now that he had Niskziath. He hadn't known how much he was missing until she had found him on the Hatching Sands. Isscer may not want to Impress, but V'zire certainly hoped he did! He'd be so much happier, and maybe a dragonet would help him overcome his own weaknesses.

"I'm certainly going to try to! Have fun!" He'd thank Isscer as well, but he didn't want to appear too desperate to be rid of the eggs, especially not since he had another person approaching his table. One egg down, and so many more to go! Perhaps it would have been better to leave them next to huts and hope people decided to take the eggs in. Unfortunately, it would have been a little too dishonest of V'zire. The guilt would have eaten him up and before the day was through he'd go try and collect them. No, this was his best chance to be rid of the uncomfortable creatures!

"Hello," he greeted Aeldan with a charming smile. He was ashamed to note that he didn't know her name. He was familiar with almost every dragonrider, but the common weyrfolk were mostly a mystery to him. Shells, V'zire knew a majority of the Candidates as well! He was a people person, and was able to recognize most people in the Weyr by name. "Oh, yes, I am. No charge, and if you want two that's perfectly fine with me!" He really did have no shame when it came to getting rid of these sharding flitters. Even with a steady stream of people coming by his table, it was going to be difficult to find home for all of the firelizards.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Aeldan knew that she'd seen this greenrider before, but much the same as V'zire, couldn't recall his name--she wasn't even entirely sure that she'd ever properly learned his name. She was distracted from gathering the courage and whatever scraps of dignity she hoped she still possessed to ask his name when V'zire said she could take two. Her eyes widened, and her hands clutched at the hem of her tunic reflexively for a moment.

"Oh--oh, no, I couldn't possibly..." Two firelizards! Just the thought of one was almost too much for her. For being someone on the verge of standing at a Hatching (A dragon Hatching, no less!), Aeldan had a remarkable inability to imagine herself in a position of power (which was quite relative, she'd come to realize over the years) over another living creature. Even the rare runnerbeast that she came into contact with tended to walk all over her, as timid as she was. Power meant responsibility, and Aeldan took responsibility very seriously. Failure, to her, was utterly out of the question, and she wasn't particularly keen on making a mistake with something as sentient as a firelizard (or, Faranth forbid, a dragon!). Runnerbeasts were different, she had long ago decided, and would very stubbornly stick to that decision.

"I'm sorry, I don't--I don't think two would be a good idea. One will be exciting enough for me, I think!" She gave a weak, very unconvincing smile to V'zire before letting her eyes drop back to the table and the array of eggs again. In the back of her mind she was guessing which would give up what color; that one a bronze, maybe, those two a green--she was quite sure that she would be very far off her guesses, but it didn't hurt to guess to herself. No one even need know what was running through her head!

PA - First Post!

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It was meant to be a night for celebrating but that almost didn’t come to pass thanks to the Weyrleader’s brilliantly timed announcement about honorifics. There had been a scuffle with a lot of words tossed around before S’kef dealt with the situation away from the happy party-goers and eventually the mood lifted once more and the tension in the air faded away. The graduation itself was nice though a bit boring since he wasn’t actually apart of this one. His class seemed far livelier as well but K’tir supposed that had something to do with the fact that almost their entire class had been survivors that were brought South willingly. The current class seemed to be all Stolen Northerners and many seemed so serious! He couldn’t really fault them for that though; even he was more serious than anything else since Impressing. That, however, wasn’t a thought he wanted to dwell on that evening though it was hard with Z’rak lurking around the party as well.

Once all the words were said and done, the real party began with the booze flowing more freely and the music going in full swing with the Harpers giving it their all and enjoying themselves on stage. K’tir gave in to a few requests to dance since he wasn’t opposed to fun and didn’t see the harm in it but after more spins around the floor than he could keep track of, the brownrider wandered away from that crowd in search of more liquid refreshment. He grabbed a glass of something – it was only identified by the grimace he had after swigging down the Katilan wine – K’tir went in search of a place to sit but instead found himself drawn to a small group crowded around a table looking at something. It was likely some card game in progress or even trading the results of guesses on honorifics but still K’tir ventured over since being a spectator was far less demanding than swinging a partner around in a lively dance.

He was surprised to see the table was covered with eggs that naturally would be of the firelizard variety since that was all anyone ever talked about and would flaunt. As one of the three people standing around departed, K’tir was actually shocked to see who was left behind. There was still a chance the eggs belonged to the terrified-looking girl or perhaps there was a note saying everyone could just help themselves but a quick appraisal of V’zire showed how nervous and even desperate the greenrider was, meaning he was the owner of the clutch.

K’tir didn’t have any solid opinion one way or the other on flitters. He had Impressed after Katila was formed so he didn’t have the true bond to a dragon that had many older riders paranoid once again that they could lose their beloved. He had been close with Noith during the relationship with the blue’s rider but even then K’tir never developed a true hatred of the creatures. He didn’t love them either though. They could be annoying pests that got into trouble, broke items, and stole food. Some owners were terrible at controlling them and K’tir wanted to flick the human’s forehead as punishment as much as he wanted to do it to a firelizard accosting him. All the same, both of his children had a huge interest in the pets and bugged him at least once a sevenday for their own. His reply never changed; they were both too young to have one. They couldn’t Stand for a dragon yet so they weren’t old enough to care for a miniature version either. He questioned the attention span of both as well.

“Hey, V’zire,” it was a casual greeting for someone that was a former classmate and someone he had the occasional run in here and there since. They weren’t best of friends but they weren’t enemies and as far as K’tir could tell they weren’t frenemies either. Then again, V’zire didn’t seem capable of hating someone in the open so there wasn’t a chance he could hate someone behind their back and still smile at them. “Showing off, selling off, or giving away the eggs?” His children may not be old enough to have firelizards but K’tir was still willing to contemplate bonding one to himself for their enjoyment.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

V'zire was beginning to feel guilty for merely mentioning that Aeldan could have two eggs. He certainly wasn't telling her to take two! If she wanted none, he wasn't going to force her to take any. But, shells, the poor girl seemed a little overwhelmed by the idea! He briefly wondered to himself if she would do good with any flit, but he wasn't so greedy that he would keep them all! V'zire wanted them gone, and Aeldan was old enough to take care of one. So, it didn't matter if she had no desire to take two. So long as she took one off of his hands, he'd be happy! "It was only a suggestion," V'zire assured the teenager.

"Feel free to pick whichever one you want! It's hard to tell what color is actually in each egg," V'zire picked up one of the eggs, holding it out in suggestion to Aeldan. If she wanted to touch and hold them, she was more than welcome to. V'zire would allow almost anything if it meant she'd take an egg off of his hands.

Just then, the sight of another individual distracted V'zire. An unhindered smile broke out across his face as he recognized a former classmate. "Kaji - Uh, K'tir!" Silly. Of course he knew K'tir's honorific, and it had been a while since they had graduated so he should be used to using it by now. If they had been back in class, V'zire would have not had the guts to talk to K'tir at all. He had harbored a crush for the brownrider since Candidacy, and it had taken him some time to get over it. Now that he had D'hys, his crushed seemed all the more silly. K'tir had never shown any interest, and thus V'zire's interest hadn't been nurtured or fed. Now that he wasn't crushing on K'tir, he could actually talk to the brownrider with ease. There was a confidence in him that hadn't existed before, and it allowed for him not to be a bumbling idiot around the other man.

"Do I look like the type to show off?" he asked with a small, playful smile. He hadn't placed K'tir as the type to desire for firelizards, but he certainly wasn't going to turn the brownrider away just because of that preconception! V'zire counted himself among one of the few that still had their reservations about firelizards. The greenrider just wasn't willing to take the risk of them being plague carriers and being around Niskziath. The Green was a little sad that her bonded would not let flitters near her, but she was easy enough to distract. "I'm giving them away. You're more than welcome to take a couple off of my hands," he sucked in a soft breath, "please?" The last word was spoken in a pitiful plea. Surely K'tir would give in to temptation and maybe take the entire clutch - okay, perhaps that was just wistful thinking.
Code:

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

A sideways glance was given to the young girl beside him to see if she was in the process of bargaining for eggs though it looked more like V’zire was begging her to take some. He’d leave her to it, giving her time to sort through whatever was going on in her adorable head as he spoke with V’zire. “According to many, you’re always centre stage to them.” The greenrider was quiet and shy but that seemed to attract more people to him. V’zire was either extremely good in bed and at convincing his lovers not to tell the weyr about their exploits or he was extremely chaste and that was another part of the appeal. The man was brilliant in the game he played or he was oblivious to the games played around him.

“I think I will,” K’tir replied to the offer to take some. He wasn’t sure why exactly he felt compelled to do such a thing when he had lasted so long in avoiding the rush to have one or more. Perhaps it was the pitiful way V’zire was looking at him right then or perhaps it truly was his need to make his kids happy. Katiryn was doing well with her lessons and Kajiran had grown out of his temper tantrums to be a far more tolerable young boy. A treat was in order and maybe Impressing one firelizard or even two so they could each play with one on visits wouldn’t be such a hardship. “My kids might think I’m the coolest dad ever if I Impressed some flitters on their behalf.” That idol worship would likely only last a day, maybe two if he was lucky, before the sulking began over why they couldn’t have one to be truly their own. He’d deal with that later, however. Right now, he was in a good mood and wanted to spoil his brats and help out a former classmate. The night was made for celebrating and spreading good cheer so why not? 

“You pick. You seem to be the expert out of the two of us,” K’tir wasn’t sure which ones were the good ones and had no idea what colour would be within. He was horrible at guessing for actual Hatchings and had in fact pegged Ghaeth’s egg to contain a blue that would definitely Impress to someone else. But I am brown and only you were meant for me. Can I name the little lizards? K’tir almost smiled at the excitement in his dragon’s voice and covered it up by a covert wiping the back of his hand over his mouth. The brats should probably have a hand in that but you can offer them suggestions.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She honestly wasn't quite sure what to do with the egg once she'd taken it from V'zire; it had been less of a conscious decision than it had been the simple fact that she had become used to taking things that were shoved at her without question. It wasn't that she hadn't wanted it, exactly, but she was terrified that she was going to do something to damage the poor creature inside without meaning to. She held the egg gingerly in her cupped hands, almost afraid to do so much as move.

A small smile played across her face briefly, and she almost didn't notice K'tir approaching the table until he spoke, at which point she took a small step to the side and away from the center of V'zire's little display. It was a long moment before she realized that she was still holding the egg, at which point she wasn't quite sure if she should put it back on the table or simply bid V'zire and his newest customer--if that was what you would call him, anyhow, in this situation--thanks and good day respectively. Once she had decided on that course of action, however, she spent another long moment half-listening to the conversation going on between the two riders, waiting for a sufficient opening.

Once it came about, Aeldan surprised herself by not hesitating any longer than it took to cast a somewhat nervous look at K'tir before speaking up. "Oh, I think I'd like this one. That is, if you didn't--have plans for it already, or anything," she said, not quite sure if he had actually intended for her to have the egg he'd handed her or if it was just...a test-drive or something. She didn't know how this sort of thing worked, at all, and had kind of managed to throw herself into it without reading the instruction manual. Winging it was an acceptable alternative, surely!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

For Peorray, the graduation celebrations only served to remind her how long it had been since she'd come to Katila. It was strange to think that this was the first clutch she'd stood for: that once-peers were full riders when her life hadn't changed much at all. It was plus one son, she added in silent haste and a bit of guilt, but that wasn't exactly the same sort of thing.

She cast about for some sort of distraction to the brooding turn her thoughts were taking and her eyes lit on the table at the back. Manned by a greenrider, she noticed, wandering over to have a look. It held a blanket with... oh. When she saw what was in the blanket, she could feel her face fall in disappointment. Firelizard eggs. She didn't have the abhorrence for the critters that some of the dragonriders seemed to, but she wasn't fond of the pests with wings either.

She was surprised, but pleased, to see Aeldan accept an egg. Good on her for speaking up. Peorray left her to conversation with the brownrider and the egg-giver, edging away from the table to escape back into the crowd before the man could try and talk her into one too. There'd be other things to occupy her time tonight.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Now that Aeldan had the egg, there was no way that V'zire could be convinced short of crying to take it back. The girl seemed to be responsible enough. Her uncertainty meant that she cared enough to raise a firelizard right. That was all the reassurance V'zire needed. "It's your's!" he answered Aeldan with a warm smile. "No one else has laid claim to it, and I think you'll be the perfect owner for it." Aeldan, at least, would be far better than V'zire considered himself to be capable of. The little egg was her's! "Thank you, and take care," Of the egg and herself. The greenrider was silently relieved that he had managed to remove another egg from his possession.

Now that Aeldan had been taken care of, he could focus his attention more on his classmate. K'tir's next claim startled the honest greenrider, and he blushed slightly with embarrassment. "I-I'm not, nooo, surely I'm not! I-I just like being around people." And he had been doing so good with not stuttering all over the place. Now that K'tir had managed to embarrass him a little, all of his control over his own tongue slipped away and he had no idea how to get it back. "I'm not the type o-of person people gravitate towards. I'm usually the o-one honing in on more interesting in-individuals." V'zire seemed to only become more embarrassed at his own stuttering, and a little pained by it.

Relief came in a small amount when K'tir voiced his desire to take one off of his hands. "Your kids s-should know that they have the coolest dad already!" V'zire protested with a tentative smile. However, K'tir had already landed into the trap, and there was no way he was going to get out of it unscathed. "O-okay, your guess is as good as mine, really." V'zire tentatively picked out an egg and set it to the side of the main pile. He glanced up to K'tir, trying to figure out if the brownrider approved or disapproved before making his next move. V'zire selected another egg from the horde and set it with the first.

For a moment it seemed as if he had made up his mind, and then with a smile that had the potential to melt hearts he grabbed a third egg. "Two for your kids and o-one for you?" he squeaked, and stared plaintively up at K'tir. His attempt to be charming likely made him appear more pathetic and desperate, but if it convinced K'tir to take three eggs he would suffer through the embarrassment!

Aeldan has received one green firelizard!
Code:

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

K’tir couldn’t decide if in that moment V’zire was adorable, pathetic, or adorably pathetic. There wasn’t anything wrong with stuttering and it was hardly noticed by the brownrider that was a father of a young boy that stumbled over his words all the time while learning to speak in proper sentences. It was simply what the greenrider was trying to say that left K’tir so confused on how to feel. It was clear V’zire was trying to be charming and friendly but it wasn’t natural and it left him awkward and embarrassed. V’zire might not believe he was popular and attracted attention but K’tir could see how so many were trying to get into his pants now. It was endearing and made a man want to see what else V’zire would say and what one could get him to say or moan underneath them.

“I like to think they think that as well,” K’tir replied with a half smile. His daughter adored him and she was still at an age where she was his princess and he could do no wrong in her eyes so long as he wasn’t denying her a chance to Impress a firelizard. He always wondered why parents wished their kids could stay a certain age forever but he could understand now. She was sweet and worshipped him. In five or so turns and she’d be off a woman grown and doing as she wanted. K’tir also liked to think that wouldn’t happen and she’d always be a sweet lady but parents always said that as well.

Arms crossed over his chest and a hand cupped his chin lightly in consideration as he watched V’zire select his eggs. Really, they all seemed close to the same size in his estimation and there didn’t seem to be anything clearly marking what colour was within. That was a pity, really, since K’tir really would have preferred picking which colour he could bond to. When V’zire picked up a third egg, it was at first thought to be a swap out, thinking one of the ones already selected wasn’t as good for some reason as the others. But then V’zire asked a charming question and gave him such a look that K’tir could only blink in response.

A third egg? He didn’t need three! He really didn’t even need two but the children would never be happy with only one. If for no other reason, they would each want to name one and K’tir could see both using them as stuffed animals to curl up with in bed. Two was a must but three? He sighed, it was a lost cause. That face was so full of hope and desperation that K’tir felt horrible for even considering saying ‘no’ to his classmate. “All right. Two for the brats and …one for me.” Ghaeth was already a hand full but now he was going to add on three flits? He was clearly insane.

Or brilliant. “Does this offer of three eggs come with the promise to help out with oiling or even wrangling them in from time to time?” K’tir had no idea if V’zire tried to avoid firelizards in general but he liked the idea of getting the greenrider to lend a hand if ever needed since he was helping out by taking three of the buggers.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It worked! V'zire immediately smiled as K'tir consented to taking three of the firelizard eggs from him. He wasn't fully aware of how manipulative he was trying to be, or he would have felt terribly guilty over getting K'tir to take some firelizard eggs off of him. All he saw it as was an innocent suggestion, K'tir certainly wasn't obligated to take any more than he wanted to. Of course, V'zire was positively thrilled that K'tir was going to take three away from him. That was a small chunk of his egg count that would be immediately chipped away. He knew, at the very least, that K'tir would take good care of the firelizards and they wouldn't be terrible pests. The brownrider had always seemed like the responsible type, even when they were Candidates together. Truthfully, they hadn't really hung out... so who knew if V'zire's judgment of K'tir's character was accurate. The greenrider had a terrible sense of judgment, if only because he tended to think the best out of every person that came his way. The habit hadn't bitten him in the ass... yet.

Apparently, shoving the burden of taking care of firelizard eggs onto K'tir came with a price. His smile was a short lived expression, though it didn't quite draw downwards into a frown. V'zire earnestly tried not to show how much the idea was unappealing to him. It would be a nice chance to get to know K'tir, but firelizards already made him uncomfortable! That was why he was trying to get rid of all the ones he had. The Greenrider was clearly torn over the idea - he didn't outright hate firelizards, he just tended to avoid them for Niskziath's sake. Some people could easily forget that firelizards had carried the plague, but V'zire was not one of those people. He had lost his family to the dragon plague, and he wasn't keen on taking unnecessary risks when it came to Niskziath's health.

I will stay away. Ghaeth and I can talk about how he got his hide to be such a pretty color...

'B-but...'

It is really so pretty, and I don't remember ever talking to Ghaeth about how pretty he is before. She likely had, but had long ago forgotten ever holding such a conversation with a Brown. Sometimes, V'zire was convinced she chose R'ore's dragon every flight because his hide was interesting. Niskziath could be awfully easy to please.

'I just don't want you to get sick...'

Why would I get sick? From jealousy? Oohhh, just think if I were that color. I would be the prettiest Green.

'Umm... Nisk... you wouldn't count as Green at that point.' He turned his attention back to K'tir then, his demeanor softening when it came to pleasing Niskziath. V'zire really was incapable of doing anything to upset her. Even when he was hurt, he'd kept his mind as positive as possible to keep her from being influenced by his pain.

"O-okay. I can help from time to time," V'zire agreed with another small smile. "Niskziath would love the chance to hang out with Ghaeth, and Niskziath does not take all day to oil, so I can certainly help with a few flitters." He still didn't sound all that thrilled over the idea, though he was trying to be sincere and upbeat. "O-oh, and thanks, for taking these. It really helps." He was beginning to doubt he could get rid of them all before D'hys spotted him, but at least if he was free of most of them D'hys wouldn't be too disappointed in him.

K'tir has received: 1 green, 1 blue, and 1 bronze
Code:

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

K’tir took to balancing the three eggs in his hands, trying to figure out what would be the best way to carry them home. It was already clear he couldn’t spend the evening at the party with his arms full, even if he had only taken one, it would have been a risk. Someone could bump into him or he could have too much to drink and end up having a splattered egg on his boots. Neither sounded too appealing to the brownrider that finally got the eggs situated and looked up at V’zire. It was clear he was talking with his dragon or he felt extremely bad about giving him three eggs. It was possible since it was V’zire but the way the greenrider visibly softened before his eyes, it was definitely because he had come to some sort of agreement with Niskziath. K’tir had no idea that they had been bickering over his comment about needing help.

“if you’re sure,” he commented with another adjustment of an egg he had cradled between chest and elbow. The silly thing would likely slip right down his jacket with his luck that night. “I’m sure I can get the kids to help out when they’re over as well but it’d be nice to have them see us do it a few times before they got in on it.” They will both have fun with it as well. But, it would be nice to spend time with Niskziath. She always seems like she’s having so much fun! That was an understatement. If there was one thing K’tir remembered from their weyrling days about V’zire it was how much his dragon liked to do her own thing and they never seemed to be near the top of the class, where K’tir spent his time.

“I better get these home and tended to,” K’tir hesitated, wondering if he should say more, like explain he would be back to the party later or he’d see the other man around some time, like at oiling time for the flits. He supposed some manners would be nice. He was trying to impart that knowledge into his brats, especially since he was certain his son was spending a lot of time with a boy that had a bluerider for a father. “Thanks for the firelizards and good luck finding them all homes. Oh and Ghaeth is excited to see Niskziath again.”

Once more confirming he wasn’t going to drop his eggs, K’tir turned on his heel and began working his way through the crowd. Ghaeth offered to pick him up on the edge and bring him home but K’tir waved away the gesture. It wasn’t too long of a walk and it would give him time to figure out what to do with three of the little critters bonding to him.

ooc: Thank you! It'll be fun having him deal with them hatching. XD

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)