World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Written In The Stars [Site Event - WA Grad]

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Valerian boggled at Harac for a moment when the gold chittered at him and finally got the message that he was being summoned. He had half a mind to simply shoo the little gold away or tell her to tell Erisi to stop being lazy and come get him himself but he knew that was all a waste of breath and time. So he followed Harac, rolled his eyes when he was chided for stopping for ten seconds, and continued on until he was standing beside Erisi. The smugness that rolled off of his friend was intense but it wasn’t anything new either and no comment was made on it.

“I wasn’t speaking to the Weyrleader since someone in that position would know better. I was speaking to two idiots that can’t think before speaking and were intent on stealing all the attention and the night from us.” Valerian had had his doubts over the night, unsure if he wanted all that attention over simply surviving and getting an honorific but he had come to terms with it in the end literally as they travelled from hut to Square. To have everything he was now excited over suddenly stolen from him didn’t sit well with the opinionated Harper and he didn’t think twice about letting his ire be known. In hindsight, he still didn’t see the problem in his actions though he was well aware of the fact he could have been pulled along to be whipped as well. Although Valerian was willing to see the humour in it as well, knowing he was often seen as the quiet one when compared to Erisi.

The music started up and Valerian tossed a quick look over to the stage and saw B’jin was already enjoying himself. If he got so drunk he slurred the words of the song written for him, Valerian was going to have to consider murder as an appropriate punishment. Then again, he knew how well the greenrider could hold his alcohol while he sang so it was safe to say the song would remain intact. Valerian accepted the chair pulled out in invitation and continued to people watch a moment before shrugging in response to the question. “I don’t know. I thought there was going to be a proper time for Veeth to tell everyone but I think now is good enough. Veeth?”

Valerian turned towards where Veeth was mingling with his clutchmates and the pretty little blue paused and looked back at him. You don’t want to pick your own? The confusion was obvious in the dragon but Valerian saw everything clearly. Of course not. You were excited to give me a name and you deserve the chance to be the first one to say my honorific. After all, it’s an honour to be chosen by a dragon and then named by one, right? Sometimes, he was a little extra cheesy with his dragon since Veeth seemed to love that and now was no exception.

V’ler. The name was meekly spoken to both men but a moment later and Veeth felt the encouragement from his rider and how pleased the man was to have that name and he spoke again with more confidence. I like the honorific V’ler.

“Well, there you have it. You won’t have to confuse me with the twins. You only have the continued torment of trying to figure out which Vian is which now.” He liked the name and it even had a vowel! Veeth definitely was a kind dragon. “And what will I be calling you now?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Terken had missed all the chaos somehow.  Then again he was attending under duress, but it seems that gathers in general were the one thing that R'ana and his father could come to consensus on.  It was why he was gussied up in gather clothes, and missing Kela...though her absence had more to do with the litter of puppies nursing from her than anything else. 

It was why he was late enough to have missed S'kef marching off the riders including R'ana.  It was why, even now he was looking around for his foster mother, to prove he was here so he could leave.  His father had already seen him, smoozing with some of the weyrlings made him too busy to come over though.  Terken was grateful, deeply grateful, for that much. 

He heard someone say her name and turned, then blinked at a somewhat familiar face.  "That's not her.  R'ana wore her hair down tonight and is carrying a bag of gifts for the weyrlings."  He placed him then.  "You're Oahvakeen, right?  She was going on about dancing with you and someone named B'run and congratulating the weyrlings and giving everyone gifts.  I don't understand why she isn't here." 

He looked around.  "She's wearing blue and purple.  Maybe we can find her together?  Once I prove to her I've been here, I can leave.  I don't know any of the weyrlings so I'm not sure they would accept congratulatons from me." 

Sorry this took so long!  Feel free to have him reject, or accept and they can find a way to either have fun, or not.  Up to you!

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
The person he thought he was talking to turned around and definitely was not R'ana. In fact, it wasn't anywhere in the ballpark. There was a man speaking, but that wasn't R'ana either. It took Oahvakeen a moment to realize that the man was speaking to him.

"What? Oh...", he fumbled for words, struggling to process what the man was saying. But it didn't make much sense : gifts for weyrlings? Dancing with him and B'run? He felt a heat of his cheeks blushing at the thought that she'd been talking about him, especially dancing. And then he felt sad and even jealous of this B'run person.

"I'm Oahvakeen. Who are you? How do you know my name? How do you know R'ana? What's her real name, without honorifics, because of the announcement?", he had recovered social skills and now tried to grill Terken about her. At least he'd had the foresight to ask about her real name.

"Oh. Yeah, man, let's go find her.", any excuse would do to get out of this cesspool of angry men. He did enjoy the music, but he would have no regrets about leaving. Plus he just might make a new friend.

-- Oahvakeen exits --

Yeah, let's branch off into this thread: http://katila.second-pass.net/index.php?...icseen#new Can you post first? If you don't like branching off there, we can work out something else

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"That would be a little too bold for you," Erisi teased with an easy smile. Charath snarked in his head, and by the expression on his face it was clear he was bickering with her over something. Valerian would likely be smart enough to pick up on the fact that Charath did not appreciate Erisi taking little snips at Valerian. It was harmless, but Charath worshipped Valerian more than the entire Weyr put together worshipped D'ren over S'kef. When Charath was young, it had really bothered him how much she liked Valerian. He suspected that Charath had realized that, and it was the reason why she was still so hung up over him. His Green would take any chance she could to get underneath his skin. Their relationship was a series of 'one-upping' each other.

"I thought so too, but now I don't think there will be." Erisi didn't care about it as much as Valerian. Sure, this was supposed to be their moment, and that was where the offense was taken. He didn't much care for being a dragonrider. He loved Charath, and she (along with Valerian) had done much to reign Erisi in. He had been sour and unapproachable before, with a penchant for causing trouble. Now he was just mostly sour and unapproachable, with a slight chance of ending himself into more trouble than he could get out of. Charath earnestly wanted Erisi to be a positive representation of her, even if she was just as bad as he. The Green often went out of her way to make sure her bonded at least attempted to do good and succeed. Valerian, on the other hand, was a person to vent his frustrations on or with. Valerian had a calming effect on the volatile greenrider. That, and he was a really good lay.

Veeth was perhaps the only dragon that Erisi didn't get upset over talking to him. It was partially because Veeth was bonded to Valerian, and partially because he did genuinely like the Blue. If the dragon was born human, he would have been considerably charming. He also couldn't ignore the fact that Charath detested Veeth. It made perfect sense to accept the dragon on that fact alone. "V'ler," Erisi appraised the name with a purr. "Not bad. I have enough trouble figuring out which twin is which, I don't need a V'ian thrown into the mix. I'd have to call you Valerian, and that would be such a terrible insult."

Erisi shrugged his shoulders at Val - V'ler's inquiry as to his new name. He didn't place as much importance on the change as V'ler did. "Honesly, what can you make out of Erisi? I never had many choices to begin with!"

I would suggest the name E'si.

'Shut up. Do you know what it sounds like?'

It would be accurate.

Erisi rolled his eyes at his dragon., While he didn't think an honorific was important, he had spent some time trying to figure one out for himself that wasn't horrible. He had been fairly settled on R'si, since it was a little more subtle... "Charath says E'si, so I guess we're going with that now."

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B’jin would never slur a lyric, Larrikith put in dryly, clearly having been eavesdropping on Valerian’s mind. Her voice carried a variety of emotions, and the lingering effect of B’jin’s excessive consumption of alcohol was easy enough to pick up on from the unfocused way in which Larrikith’s thoughts were shared. The alcohol wasn’t affecting her so much as she was trying to keep her attention on B’jin, and make sure he didn’t drown himself in liquor. He’s too good. He’s also far too proud. The man would probably throw himself between without any assistance on part of any draconic creature should he screw up a song; Especially one written just for him to sing!

His ability to form a sentence, however, is severely lacking. This would be why Weyrlings are not allowed to drink. Do you have any idea how hard it is to decipher the drunken crap bouncing around his brain? It is giving me a headache! And he won’t even feel it tomorrow, the bastard. Where does all that alcohol go? The green dragon’s ranting faded off with a mental huff though she didn’t stray far from Valerian’s mind. He had always had a comfortable brain to sit in, and ever since Larrikith had discovered Veeth was quite genuine about not minding her presence within it, the green had once more been quite happy to spend time in it.

I like your new name. It is very classy. I wouldn’t tell B’jin his new name for weeks, because of how he wouldn’t tell the Weyr my name when we Impressed. I thought it was funny. Of course, I would not have even remembered that if he hadn’t thought of it and let me see it. He wasn’t very good at blocking me, back then. He’s better now. So he was stuck going on as Benjinamor for several days after graduation before I slipped up, then he was B’jin. Not that he liked that, of course. He hates his honorific. He’s used to it, now, but he still doesn’t like it. An extended pause. Fuck I hate it when he drinks. Oh. He’s going to sing your song now.

Despite the shocking amount of alcohol B’jin had been consuming, his arrogance and pride – along with decades of training – kept his voice clear as he sung. As the musicians around him struck up the first chords, B’jin’s voice was low and husky when he began singing, carrying easily across the crowd but clearly invested in the words leaving his lips, “It still feels like, our first night together…” Despite the fact that he was clearly swaying where he stood from alcohol, rather than any attempt to keep in time with the music, B’jin’s bright (and clearly drunk) eyes shifted over the crowd, words flowing freely from him as alcohol was flowing into him.

“So, if I love you, a little more than I should – Please forgive me, I know not what I do.”

Had he been a little more sober, the words he was signing may have held more relevance, and he might have even faltered - ! – and made a mistake in surprise, or shock, or some other stray emotion that B’jin was still stubbornly refusing to analyse. He knew what he felt, and for whom, but he also knew those feelings were not a part of the deal, that they were deal breakers. R’nd wasn’t a keeper, he was a have-fun-while-he’s-interested type. “Don’t deny me, this pain I’m going through,”

Despite that, B’jin had fallen into the trap, just like every other man and woman R’nd managed to, unintentionally, collect the hearts of. It wasn’t fair, of course, but then, life wasn’t fair – so love had no hope at all. But B’jin was drunk off his face, more so than he usually got at gatherings such as the one currently being celebrated. It could have, perhaps, been attributed to the fact that he had read the song and seen something in it that V’ler had written, designed so everyone in the audience would put the pieces together while the ever-oblivious couple would likely remain completely oblivious. Or, at least, in that moment, B’jin would remain so.

Whether he had managed to put the pieces together while sober was left unknown, with Larrikith likely being the only creature with any hope of figuring that out and the dragon frankly not caring. She was having far too much fun slinking around on the edge of V’ler’s mind as the bluerider watched her rider sing. She’d tried to seek out R’nd earlier, but he’d been dancing and she had lost sight of him in the throngs of people some time ago. She was sure he would have noticed the lyrics by now, and like V’ler’s, she was more than a little excited to see how the younger lover took it.

“The one thing I’m sure of, is the way we make love!” Larrikith gave a cackle of amusement in the back of V’ler’s mind, loving the way the young Harper had put the line in, and the way B’jin sung it with such gusto. He would probably never be able to pull the song off so well again… especially once he realised the significance of the lyrics! This is great. Larrikith sniggered, having a great time watching her rider on the stage, though she gave a brief flare of concern when B’jin stumbled sideways in a pause between choruses’ and nearly fell off the stage.

“Can’t stop, loving you,” B’jin’s voice faded away, and he stumbled a little again, a fellow Harper catching him by the upper arm with one hand, and giving the man another shot with the other. B’jin threw it back hazardously, the dragon completely unsure how he managed to get the liquid down his throat and not all over his face, before her drunken bonded was being carefully escorted off the stage before he fell off and broke his neck. He’d probably break it walking over to Valerian – if the stumbling, people-bumping motion he was engaged in could be classified as walking in any way, manner or form – and he finally stopped before the two young Graduates.

“Prittie ssong,” B’jin slurred happily, completely losing whatever talent he possesses to keep lyrics spoken straight and clear in regular speech. “writ’ee moor,” a pause, “nohtnow,” he added, swaying hazardously as he reached out to grab Valerian’s hand and tug him to his feet. “Dance!” beaming brightly, B’jin set wide, begging doe eyes on Valerian. They had to dance, then B’jin could find R’nd and they could dance, before going home to dance. B’jin giggled drunkenly and tugged on Valerian’s hand again.

He is singing Bryan Adam's Please Forgive Me; all copyright blah blah blah yada yada goes here.
IC-ly Valerian wrote the lyrics for B'jin and R'nd because he finds their ignore-the-obvious about their relationship funny/frustrating/etc.

I had the song on repeat during the tag writing, and here is the YouTube of it if you wanna listen to it/don't know it.

Linky

I have no idea how to write drunken speech. B'jin says "pretty song; write me more; not now; dance."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

The way Erisi purred his new name had V’ler smirking. It was clear his friend approved of it before even saying that he did. “I’m glad it’s to your liking. I’d hate to have to ask Veeth to come up with something else,” he wouldn’t ask that of his dragon regardless since it was the name chosen and V’ler meant to stick with it. If R’nd could tough it out and grow to like his ridiculous vowel-lacking name, then V’ler could ride out anything tossed at him. But Veeth had picked something with a bit of flare and it wasn’t too similar to anyone else’s name which left him with a bit of the uniqueness he always had a taste for. It was perfect.

Erisi’s new name was fairly perfect as well. “E’si… probably not my first choice but I like Charath’s choice as well.” It was going to be weird adjusting to new names both in calling friends by honorifics and answering to his own. Allendris was probably going to be the hardest since he was still Allie to V’ler despite the new name of A’dris. Maybe he’d be nice once in a while and use it. Maybe.

V’ler winced at Larrikith suddenly piping up. He was used to her voice and never minded her company in his mind but he hadn’t been expecting it since he was talking with E’si and not B’jin or even the green dragon herself. He laughed as she went spiralling into a babbling spree, ignoring Esi’s questioning glance and letting his friend think he was crazy for a moment longer. A word was not going to fit into Larrikith’s one-sided conversation, not even when she paused so the newly graduated bluerider let her continue on, absorbing the story like a sponge and enjoying her cheerful chattering that was a clear indicator of B’jin’s level of intoxication. He did, however, brighten up when Larrikith mentioned his song was about to be sung. “Larrikith informs me my time to shine is about to begin. I wrote a song for B’jin to sing and I think it’s going to invoke some great reactions.”

V’ler turned around in his seat so he could see the stage and watch B’jin’s performance. Larrikith was of course right and the man sang without a slur or dropped note. In fact, it was extremely passionate and V’ler had a feeling that was partly due to being drunk and partly due to not realizing what he was singing. No doubt B’jin didn’t prep before hand and the oblivious idiot had no idea he was singing a love song to R’nd. It was exactly as planned. His gaze drifted over to the bluerider in question to see if he had caught on but V’ler couldn’t see his face too well but it did look like he was in shock and starting to zone out. Those two had probably the best relationship in Katila and didn’t even know they had it. It was sad, frustrating, and amusing.

By the time the song ended, V’ler was pleased that his lyrics were brought to life so wonderfully and laughing that he had pulled one over on the lovers. He hoped others would tease the men on the morrow so the amusement would last a little longer as he saw them boggle over what people were talking about and then die of embarrassment when they caught on.

He wasn’t too surprised to see the greenrider stumble toward him though it was unclear what B’jin was going to say. Had he figured it out? Would it just be praise? Praise and then a frown? V’ler grinned when he was praised – he decided it was through the slurring, anyway – and told he should write more. “I plan on it. Some will be just for your voice as well.” Oh, he had plans, many plans. Of course he’d continue his writing in general but there were ideas for other B’jin-to-R’nd songs forming and V’ler was going to have fun with them. They would have to wait though since it seemed like he was going to be a dancing partner. Wide eyes met B’jin’s bright and glossy eyes as he was suddenly standing and being urged to the dancing area.

Well, why not? R’nd would likely pout but the bluerider was an adult and could get over it, assuming he even noticed and wasn’t in a comatose state. V’ler enjoyed dancing and B’jin was a friend so it made sense both would eventually collide. So long as that was all they did together! He most certainly was not in the mood to repeat anything more intimate with the greenrider and V’ler purposely ignored Veeth’s devious giggle in his mind. “If I end up supporting you more than dancing with you, I’m dumping your ass on the ground. Just a fair warning.”

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd had enjoyed the trip around the dance square with Kahleena enough during the first song that he asked to keep her hand for the following two as well. She was giggly but he found quite a few girls ended up that way around him and had long ago learned not to be offended or wonder if he said something funny. It was just something girls did just as they swooned around him at times as well. It was strange but at the same time his ego loved it. They chatted casually about one random thing or another and asked after each other’s dragons. R’nd almost made a promise that he would enter her maiden flight but gold wasn’t for him. He enjoyed the females well enough and their dragons were interesting but he didn’t need that kind of attention or harassment. Bronzeriders and brownriders would make his life miserable or completely shun him and R’nd did not like thinking about people hating him.

When the chords of a song he didn’t recognize sounded, R’nd knew instantly that it was the song written by Valerian. He thanked Kahleena for the dances and excused himself so she could get a refreshment or find a new dance partner and so he could move closer to the stage to get a good first look and listen of the song.

It started out as a nice ballad, something R’nd knew he could dance to and sweep anyone off their feet to. It was melodic and B’jin’s voice was hypnotizing and so passionate. He stared up at the greenrider, a smile on his face as he watched B’jin thrive in his element. This was what the man loved to do and it was obvious. He’d have to thank Valerian later for creating a piece B’jin so clearly enjoyed performing. By the chorus, however, R’nd’s own tune was starting to change. Naturally it was a love song, it seemed most ballads were, but the lyrics were starting to stand out a tad more and the bluerider couldn’t help but notice how familiar they seemed. It wasn’t that he had heard them before but more like he was …living them. Grey eyes grew in shock as the words sank in further and how intense his lover sang each one.

It was a love song from B’jin to him. That was all R’nd could think and slowly his brain started shutting down but not enough for Ayyonth to be tuned out as the blue laughed within his mind, enjoying every line. This is definitely about you. I think the gesture is sweet that you were thought of and B’jin loves singing it to you. Love. Love. Love. B’jin had said that to him before, hadn’t he? He was definitely saying it now and asking for forgiveness as well. No, there was nothing to forgive as nothing was being said, or heard, or something. R’nd blinked in confusion as he tried to sort everything out as he tried blocking it out at the same time.

A nearby man that was a friend was suddenly short a cup as R’nd grabbed it and downed the contents, only grimacing at the end when he realized it was Katilan wine. It didn’t matter, he needed the drink. He needed a few more but his feet were firmly rooted in place and R’nd found he still lightly swayed to the beat and hummed along to the chorus he was picking up on already. He wasn’t the best singer but he remembered lyrics well enough all the same.

Never leave me, I don't know what I'd do,

“I won’t,” R’nd found himself murmuring aloud in response to the lyrics the same time he swore his heart skipped a beat at the fear of being wanted so deeply. Yet, he didn’t want to be left or alone either. It was simply a perfect line that expressed so much about their relationship or whatever it was they called their time together. You know what that feeling is that you’re ignoring right now. Don’t deny it, R’nd. Ayyonth tweaked a line of the lyrics to suit his needs as he continued to enjoy the show from the back of R’nd’s mind. It was fun watching him end up so confused and then try to find a way out of the feelings that were hitting him but tonight a gentle nudge into exploring them was given.

However, by the end of the song, R’nd still stood in the same spot with an unfocused gaze. He wasn’t quite sure what to think of that song and had no idea what to say to B’jin. No, he had an idea about what to say but didn’t know how to say it. By the time he started to figure that out, R’nd shook his head to clear out the fogginess and went to look for B’jin on the stage only to realize he had left it. With a frown the bluerider looked around the immediate area and finally saw his lover dancing with Valerian. Once, there had been a time when it hurt to see B’jin go dance with someone else when R’nd had blown off people to try to make it to B’jin to see if the man was okay after encountering N’gelt. Now, there was a hint of jealousy but it didn’t bother R’nd as he knew where everyone stood and that he had literally been standing somewhere like a statue for too long. It was time to change that though.

With a grin in place, R’nd went up to the happily dancing friends and placed his hands on their shoulders to gain both of their attentions. “May I cut in?” he directed the question at Valerian, making it clear he wanted his fellow bluerider to leave so he could have a dance with B’jin. Thankfully, it was Valerian and he was willing to leave without a fuss and R’nd slipped into place, wrapping his arms around B’jin’s waist to pull him close.

“My amazing greenrider,” R’nd greeted, smiling, once they were alone.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin smiled brightly, completely oblivious to any and all plotting Valerian had up his sleeve. The greenrider blinked a few times, before frowning comically at Valerian when he issued his warning, B’jin’s lips falling into an indignant pout. “M’fne.” He slurred, before grinning once more when the young bluerider put up no more fight and the dance floor was obtained. Yay! B’jin’s attempts at dancing were far more drunken stumbling in the direction Valerian tugged him in, but he was clearly enjoying himself and managed to not step on his partner at all.

Not in the mood, Larrikith purred sweetly to Veeth, purposefully excluding both B’jin and V’ler from her thoughts as she teased the young blue. That would indicate there are agreeable moods... Her tone was devious, playful, and highly amused. Fancy little V’ler having moods for B’jin! Oh, she would have so much fun with that, later. So much fun indeed!

The gentle touch to his shoulder startled B’jin; Valerian’s hands hadn’t moved or wandered and he could still feel the light weight from the touch so where was the additional hand coming from?! Huge eyes snapped in the direction of the voice that soon followed, and B’jin’s face lit up when he recognised R’nd. No fight was given as Valerian slipped away, the greenrider barely even acknowledging him as he left, instead slipping easily up against R’nd with a soft hum of pleasure.

“’lo, gohjush,” B’jin slurred in response, one hand resting lightly on the side of R’nd’s neck as the greenrider carefully leaned in to place a light kiss on his lover’s nose, smirking when he pulled back a little after successful application. Brown eyes, clearly drowned in alcohol, were warmed with obvious affection for the bluerider, the extent of which he usually kept buried for fear of upsetting the other man. It was an unconscious action; B’jin wasn’t ashamed of the things he felt, but he was unwilling to make R’nd uncomfortable because of them.

sorry love x.x

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“That song… and your voice…” it was like R’nd was nineteen again, not twenty-nine as he stumbled to find the right words to describe how he felt from B’jin’s singing and his simple presence. It was still amazing how he always seemed to have the right words for any situation and for dealing with any person but when it came to the greenrider pressed against him, they were always lost and he was left floundering. What was it about B’jin that stole his inability to think? “I love your voice and the way you sing,” R’nd decided to work with what he had, which was essentially nothing, and decided to stop trying to think as he held B’jin close and swayed in time to the beat of the new song.

As he looked into those brightly shining brown eyes, R’nd found there was something there that he once again couldn’t describe. He knew how B’jin felt and depending on the day and time, R’nd even remembered it and acknowledged it without wanting to faint. Tonight, however, there was something else. There was a reflection of a young blonde man staring back at R’nd but he had a goofy grin in place and there was something different about the soft setting of that man’s eyes. What made that man seem so happy and on the verge of bursting from that positive emotion? “I…” R’nd started, thinking briefly he might have figured it out only to stop when he either wasn’t sure or his mind wouldn’t let him process the rest of the thought. It was true, he had had a few drinks so far during the celebration but his mind was still his own and hadn’t been given over to the power of wine. Maybe that was actually the problem and he was too sober to finish any thoughts.

“I… I luh,” it wasn’t panic but that stilled his tongue but the feeling he was being completely inadequate and his feelings for the special and brilliantly talented man in his arms wouldn’t be conveyed properly. So words were abandoned and R’nd was suddenly kissing B’jin hard and passionately as if it would be the last kiss they ever had. Everything was put into it as a hand slid up B’jin’s back and then neck to come to a rest tangled in the braid his fingers knocked slightly out of skew. He knew what he felt but R’nd couldn’t get the words to come out in the right order without another noun in the sentence.

In the distance the sound of a dragon’s head connecting with the roof he sat upon could be heard.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I'm flattered that you would have Veeth pick out a new name just because I disagree with it," E'si answered loftily. He took a sip out of his glass of wine, his mind still set on enjoying the evening despite all the drama that had surrounded it. S'kef was tasteless, so it was hardly surprising the man would unwittingly incite a minor rebellion at an event that was supposed to be of celebration and well, some sharding fun. It was an evening to congratulate him on putting up with two turns of Weyrling lessons, and not abandoning ship the first time he could. Shells, if there was a reasonable way to abandon ship now, he would do it, but that was besides the point. Erisi - E'si - had difficulty still with the idea that he couldn't run his life exactly the way he wanted to. He had been one of the individuals that took longer to reasonably adjust to the change in his life.

He wouldn't have adjusted nearly as much as he had if not for Charath. The Green was his saving grace, and kept him relatively in line. Of course, he'd never let her in on that fact. It'd go straight to her ego, of which was massive. It was a small miracle he was doing as well as he was now, and not outright picking fights with nearly every member in the Weyr who rubbed him the wrong way. V'ler had been good for keeping him out of trouble too, though E'si wasn't quite aware of that. His classmate had a knack for pulling him away from a situation that was becoming too heated (and not the sort of heated E'si usually liked).

E'si snorted softly at V'ler's comment over his name, "You can just say you don't like it. I doubt Charath will change it, even if it's you asking her to." It was rare for him to so readily submit to his Green, but while the name sounded ridiculous, he didn't have too much against it. Really, what could be done with Erisi? He didn't have many letters in his name to work with, not like V'ler who could have picked so many different names.

"Please tell me this aforementioned song is ridiculous and hilarious," E'si inquired with a slow smile. He still wasn't fond of B'jin. It was amazingly difficult to get him to change his opinion on someone once it first formed in his head. B'jin was a notable Searchrider, and E'si loathed the rank to begin with. Who B'jin Searched and buddied up with only proved to irritate him more. However, he knew V'ler liked B'jin, so he tried not to show his distaste for the greenrider too much. He was being sensitive, V'ler should be smart enough to both pick up on it and appreciate the gesture.

He should have expected a love song, but didn't. E'si had to be paid some marks to be convinced to sing a song about love. E'si almost felt embarrassed for B'jin, that the greenrider was so obviously serenading his lover. Someone wasn't going to be able to live this night down. "I can't believe you wrote that!" he shook his head, though it was unclear whether he disapproved or was amused. It was more the latter. "You'll certainly woo some girls with your lyrical prowess," he teased. E'si could at least appreciate that V'ler had sort of set up B'jin for what E'si considered to be a most embarrassing event.

The song ended, and B'jin made a definitely tipsy stumble over to their table. E'si had the good graces not to look irritated at the man's arrival, though B'jin's company wasn't favored. So, the fact that B'jin was dragging V'ler off with him also balanced out any negativity he would have felt at having his company whisked away. B'jin was gone, and if that meant he had to drag V'ler into an uncomfortable dance for it to happen, E'si was more than okay with it. He hoped B'jin stepped all over V'ler's toes, and that he had a good enough view to witness it... because that would completely make his night.

With his prior company now trapped in the arms of a drunken greenrider, E'si finished off his cup of wine, batting at Harac as she tried to lean over and lick his lips. The Gold chittered at him irritably before taking off, likely to harass another poor fool who had anything sweet in their hands. He leaned forward, picking at his plate of food rather contentedly. E'si was determined to be in a good mood, and nothing seemed to be capable of actually dissuading him from it.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin grinned drunkenly, the expression lopsided as he swayed in time with R’nd’s movements – more or less – and fingers of B’jin’s left hand tapped gently against the side of R’nd’s neck in time to the music that was playing around them. His right hand, pressed firmly against R’nd’s chest, was being used both to keep himself upright and in motion, but also to avoid crushing R’nd’s toes with a misplaced step. It would hardly do to damage his lover! Especially after taking such care not to harm Valerian!

The agreeing comment B’jin wanted to voice (he was good, and he knew it, but he was ever so pleased R’nd was happy to acknowledge that fact too!) was lost before it could form on his lips as the words failed to swim through the alcohol drowning his brain. It didn’t seem to matter, though, because it looked like R’nd wanted to say something. B’jin frowned slightly, though. Perhaps he’d had even more alcohol than he had thought, because his hearing kept cutting out after R’nd’s first word!

Slightly worried brown eyes stared at R’nd in confusion when words seemed to be spoken but unheard by greenrider ears, and it took a soft touch from Larrikith to brush away the mild panic that would have risen at the thought that he was somehow deaf and how would he sing if he couldn’t hear!? Then he was being kissed, and brown eyes popped wide in surprise before fluttering closed as B’jin responded whole-heartedly, following R’nd’s lead without thought as hands shifted so his left arm could warp around his lover’s neck, the right twining around the taller man’s waist.

He had been planning on dancing more – if the drunken stumbling alongside R’nd could honestly be called anything of the sort – but B’jin was clearly quite happy to jump straight to the dancing if that was what R’nd wanted. The fact that they were still in the centre of the gather square was completely forgotten by B’jin as his right hand slipped under the hem of R’nd’s shirt and up his back, completely caught up in the emotion-pulsing kiss the bluerider had initiated.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

V’ler was extremely pleased with himself. He heard a couple of people nearby talking about the song B’jin sang so passionately and the way he seemed oblivious to it and the way R’nd turned into an attractive gawking statue during it. It was all he could hope for with his little slice of revenge on the greenrider that he called friend and sometimes tormentor. The best part would come once B’jin sobered up and he was reminded about the song and he took a closer look at the lyrics V’ler was certain hadn’t been carefully considered before performing. What made everything better was R’nd cutting in to dance with his mate he didn’t know was his mate and the adorable and increasingly sexy display of affection.

A few cat calls and whistles were given but the way B’jin’s hands kept creeping under R’nd’s shirt and the how the bluerider showed no interest in letting go of B’jin or dissuading him against such things, V’ler wondered if either heard the noises or remembered where they currently were standing. It was amazing how wrapped up in each other they could get and not even notice it! R’nd’s reputation stated he wouldn’t mind what they were doing and where but B’jin would slowly die of embarrassment and R’nd would feel guilty and possibly even mildly panic over the debauchery he led his lover into. Lips pulled up into a wicked grin as V’ler waited a little longer before moving back in to the new source of entertainment for the night.

What are you planning on doing? You aren’t going to be mean to B’jin, are you? Veeth was still adorable at times and while V’ler could sense his blue wasn’t too concerned, his interest was piqued enough to watch what was going on. Only a little but it’ll be fun.

“People seem interested in your new dance, B’jin. I say… get a room for it,” V’ler commented as he stepped in close to make sure he was heard over the music and the lust the two were caught up in. Just in case that wasn’t heard, however, V’ler went for a topic he was certain would reach a prudish greenrider’s ears, “nice small clothes.” He walked off when he saw R’nd’s wandering hand hesitate at the fly it had just undone to reveal the material in question.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin liked being drunk, it meant nothing bothered him – a nice change from the days when all being drunk did was numb the pain. That was not a thought to be lingered upon, either in general or at that point in time. Not when there was a gorgeous you bluerider with his arms wrapped around him, and hot lips, and eager fingers and why ever was there so much clothing on top of that delicious skin?! Larrikith, for her part, liked B’jin being drunk, most notably because it meant he did funny things that he definitely would not do in a sober state. Such as making out so vigorously with R’nd in the centre of the Gather Square, at a graduation dance where almost the entire weyr population was present.

Larrikith was so proud!

You’re going to spoil my fun, Larrikith pouted playfully to V’ler as he spoke to her ridiculous human, the little green dragon watching eagerly from where she was perched outside the main circle of humans, watching B’jin with deep amusement and affection. He was simply going to die later. He’d probably even be moved to yelling at her, which he hadn’t done in what felt like years.

Indeed, Valerian’s first couple of sentences indeed fell on deaf ears, as did any and all of the audience input from around him and R’nd; none of them were important, obviously, and B’jin was quite content to continue forgetting anyone existed but the gorgeous man he was happily exploring with hands and lips both. Unfortunately, Valerian also knew how to hit the greenrider’s button, and at the low words, and B’jin pulled away from R’nd enough to frown irritably around them. Who was stripping? They should go somewhere more private! That would be you, dear. the laughter on the green dragon’s voice was rich, shared with both Ayyonth and R’nd if he weren’t too far gone to hear her input.

A startled, extremely drunken look was shot at R’nd, confusion clear in the greenrider’s hazy, lusty eyes. It took a few heartbeats before B’jin became aware of the frozen hand at his pant front, and B’jin’s brown eyes widened dramatically and he stepped forward, unintentionally trapping R’nd’s hand between the lower parts of their bodies. Which only caused the greenrider a whole new form of distraction as he peered up at R’nd coyly from under his lashes, forgetting all about their audience within a heartbeat.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn tried her best not to show it but she couldn’t help but be pleased with herself for getting the Harpers to start playing and help draw away the attention that had landed on S’kef and those outspoken against the change in honorifics. She had been useful! Not only that, but she had been useful to the Weyrleader –even if he likely would never know about her assistance. That didn’t matter though since the music that started was well-played and B’jin’s voice beautiful. The new song, or at least it was new to her since she hadn’t heard it before, was gorgeous and B’jin sang it with such passion that moved Rhaedalyn to multiple sighs of longing. If only she had a man to sing like that to her!

It was clear the song was about, for, and to R’nd which only increased the sappiness Rhaedalyn was drowning in. How could she have ever been against the mere idea of men being together? What they shared was true love and it was such a beautiful thing to see! R’nd looked a little in shock, Rhaedalyn noticed as she glanced over at the bluerider. It was endearing. He was such a playboy that watching him act like, well, a shy girl like herself, made him all the more wonderful. B’jin was lucky and from the looks of things, R’nd already knew he was lucky to have the greenrider in return.

As people danced around her, coupled up during the sweet song about love, Rhaedalyn didn’t mind being left alone. She swayed in time with the beat, losing herself to the lilting voice and message it conveyed as her gaze continued bouncing between the two men. When the song ended, the spell cast upon everyone, including B’jin it seemed, lifted and the murmurings about the lyrics began before the next song was struck up. Rhaedalyn watched B’jin grab Valerian – she felt bad that she didn’t know his honorific yet even though they would have just been decided on minutes before – and from what rumours told her about the newly graduated bluerider, his talent with a quill and words likely left him as the mastermind behind the song that moved her so much. She’d have to ask him about it later but first, she had to watch R’nd snap out of his daze and find his mate!

They were, as always, ridiculous adorable together! Rhaedalyn gave another sigh as the lovers united for dancing and, what she imagined to be, sweet words exchange between them. It was only when they started to get too intimate that Rhaedalyn felt the familiar heat of a blush coming on but she couldn’t look away. They were so lost to each other that it was still romantic to her! Even when Valerian said something to them that made B’jin seem to tense up and R’nd give a quizzical look at the greenrider, Rhaedalyn found their commitment to each other endearing.

Whatever happened, it didn’t distract them for long as R’nd grinned at B’jin and Rhaedalyn blushed further when she saw their hands in places not meant to be visited in public and they continued on. Someone needed to usher them away but the young woman wasn’t foolish enough to believe it would happen just yet. No doubt many wanted to see how far they’d go before stopping themselves – even she was a little curious!

“I wish I had someone like that,” Rhaedalyn whispered a loud without thinking and stared longingly at the relationship she wanted but didn’t seem destined to have even as Valerian walked away shaking his head and smirking at the pair.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

“My lady,” R’nya murmured quietly, his voice not much louder than Rhaedalyn’s as he slipped up beside her from behind. “You will find yourself a man–” an eyebrow arched slightly, teasing her playfully at the presumption of a gender, “Though I like to imagine you have more class, my dear, than to make such displays of yourself.” The bronzerider’s pale gaze flickered to look past the young woman and at the two men wrapped around one another, completely oblivious to the world around them. Typical of their caste.

R’nya ignored the bronze dragon as he gently picked up Rhaedalyn’s left hand, moving calmly to stand before her as he dropped a slight bow to her, raising her hand slightly and peering up at her with amused eyes as he straightened once again. “May I claim a dance, my lady?” He paused, politely waiting just long enough to receive an indication of the affirmative, before leading her gently out towards the main dancing area. He was pleased to see most of the girls enjoying themselves, and shot the various men they were dancing with a look just hard enough to see several sets of hands shift upwards and away from trouble, and small distances appear between bodies, but not enough to send the men running away from their partners.

Reaching a suitable spot, R’nya paused and let Rhaedalyn compose herself, watching her with subtle amusement as he lifted the hand still in his to place it lightly on his own shoulder, and relocated both of his own to the young woman’s waist, quirking an eyebrow at the blush on her cheeks. He opted not to comment on it, as another Harper took up the position left by the otherwise occupied B’jin, and another song was struck up. Holding Rhaedalyn gently, R’nya lead her into the dance.

“You need to learn to control that blush, my lady.” His voice was low, so as not to be heard by other dancers, but warm with fond amusement. “It is very pretty, but it will cause you issues if it pops up at an inconvenient time in the future.” A goldrider was not the most authoritative woman around, but Rhaedalyn would find what little authority she had to throw around severely limited if she blushed like a pretty little virgin every time someone flashed her a smile!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

“R’nya!” Rhaedalyn squeaked her friend’s name, eyes wide from shock, and cheeks turning a pretty red. She hadn’t expected to see the man again that evening since her last spotting of him had been walking away with S’kef. Duty came before leisure and Rhaedalyn didn’t want to presume the busy and fairly popular bronzerider would have time for her that night. “I… I hope someone will want me as well. And… well, they’re a bit bold but they’re so in love that it’s somewhat sweet.” Rhaedalyn looked down at the ground, embarrassed that she had confessed such a thing. R’nya would likely think less of her for it!

Apparently he didn’t as he asked for a dance and took her hand in his. “Oh! Of course you may, Ren,” he was ever proper but also silly for thinking he had to ask! It wasn’t like she had a long line of suitors and there would always be a spot open on her dance card for the bronzerider. Z’ia would always have one as well but the bluerider didn’t know that and in fact would have to know she existed for a dance to happen. That was a depressing thought! Good thing she had R’nya guiding her to a good location for a dance to distract her.

Another blush came as he relocated their hands but Rhaedalyn recovered quickly and situated herself properly. She knew how to dance since that was another good way to show off she was a suitable wife for potential suitors though Rhaedalyn didn’t think she was the best, especially after several turns of not dancing properly with a partner on a regular basis. She still pranced and danced around her room or any location where she knew she was alone, humming quiet tunes but dancing with someone else was always a different experience entirely. It seemed R’nya knew it was as well with how he commented on her blushing which only made the young woman blush even more, especially considering he found it pretty.

“I’m sorry, R’nya. I…” it was hard to explain to such a confident man that she lacked in confidence most days and was a bit on the shy side. Her shyness was partly why she didn’t trust many people right away, needing to know their motives and whether they would understand her and accept her as she was. R’nya was a surprise ally with how easily he had taken to her in his own way and it still made Rhaedalyn smile to know she had made such a dear friend that would always watch out for her. “I’ll do my best to lessen the blushing.” A bright smile was given to the bronzerider before Rhaedalyn ducked her head again with a soft laugh. It wasn’t because she was blushing but because she couldn’t cover her smile with her hand as she often did. She found her large mouth and large bright teeth to be unflattering and she often covered her mouth when laughing or smiling.

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)