World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Snakes & Scorpions [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Terror was the first thing that Danny felt when the terrible little beast slithered out from under the table. She'd just been cleaning the tables, minding her own business, when a little brown...thing appeared and sent her screaming. Or, to be honest, it was more of a squeak than a scream, but loud enough to scare the living daylights out of herself. A hand flew to her mouth--the hand that was holding the dirty dishrag, to be exact. She made another, slightly strangled, little sound as she stumbled backwards, pressing herself against the nearest wall as the snake crept slowly closer and closer.

Aeldan made a little gagging noise and pulled the cloth away from her face, casting a more than a little desperate look around the dining hall hoping for rescue in some form. The thing wasn't even a tunnel snake--at least, she didn't think it was. She wasn't going to walk up to it and ask or anything--that would just be stupid. The thought never even entered her mind to bespeak her father's dragon, and the beast had always been respectful enough of her distance not to impose, so he probably had no idea that Danny was fully convinced that she was going to die, right then and there, from a stupid snakebite.

But oh! The thing was starting to move away from her! Slowly--ever so slowly--she inched towards the door out of the dining hall. It took a solid two minutes to traverse the ten or so feet with the speed she was going, one hand--now free of the dirty dishcloth--still clenched over her mouth, the other clutching around said rag and pressing against her heart as if that would do anything to keep it from beating out of her chest or up through her mouth. She really, really hated snakes.

Slipping quietly through the door outside and pausing a moment before forcing herself to peek back around the corner to make sure the snake hadn't miraculously changed trajectories and decided to come after her when she managed her daring escape.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Peorray set her tray on the counter, briskly –but carefully- shifting the dirty dishes on it into the basin of soapy water at the sink. It wouldn’t do to be too hasty and break some through carelessness. Katila was doing well, but few things brought more ire from its oldest inhabitants than wasting resources. She could understand that and approve. She’d always been raised to respect and take care of what she had, too.

She blinked in mild surprise as the girl assigned to scrubbing duties moved to the sink, interrupting her thoughts with the motion. Well, it wouldn’t do stand around daydreaming when there was work yet to be done. The Weyr went through a lot of dinnerware and there was still too much of it out there on the tables. The sooner she helped clear it, the sooner the other girls could finish wiping down those tables and Peorray herself could steal a bit of time to visit with her son before bed.

She snatched up her tray again and headed back to the kitchen entrance, coming to an abrupt halt at the sight of someone backing toward her on the other side. Grateful for her height, she peered over the girl for with a confused frown. “What are we looking at?” She asked, breaking her silent observation. “Did the dirt in the corner finally come alive?”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Aeldan let out a very dignified squeak when someone spoke from what sounded like right behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, she took a quick step to one side, doing her best to both get out of the other woman's way without actually going any further forward.

"Oh! I--I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get in the way," she started, tripping over her words a bit and silently thanking Faranth it wasn't her feet she was tripping over. Glancing around the room a little desperately, she couldn't see hide nor slimy scale of whatever that thing had been. "Um, there was...something under one of the tables. It--well, I thought it was chasing me, but I don't see where it went..." she trailed off, still looking around the room and running a hand through her hair--which, naturally, only served to make it even more of a mess than it already had been.

She turned back to the other woman, not quite making eye contact before her eyes skated off to the left. "There really was something there, I know there was," she murmured, hands wringing the towel anxiously in front of her. She vaguely recognized the woman, but couldn't quite put a name to the face. "I'm sorry, I...I don't know your name. Mine is Aeldan. I didn't mean to interrupt your work, really."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Peorray eyed her askance for a moment, taking in her skittish attitude, before favoring the girl with a reassuring smile. This one obviously needed more careful handling. "Peorray. And I believe you." Besides, she wasn't Aeldan's superior. If the girl was faking to get out of work or attract attention, it was no skin off her own nose.

"What sort of something was it?" She asked the girl curiously, casting her eyes around in search of anything unusual. In truth, the gesture was half for Aeldan's benefit, to avoid making her more nervous than she already was. "A big something? Where did you last see it?"

Peorray took a few steps in the direction Aeldan had come from. If there was a pest skittering around, she had no problem killing it for the girl. And if it was a particularly dangerous something, it would need killing before young children sat down to eat here.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

To be honest, Aeldan hadn't even considered the fact that Peorray might not have even believed her. Convincing people that she'd seen what she had was the furthest thing from her mind, and it didn't take long for it to come to the surface before being shoved right back down again at Peorray's words. She gave a surprised smile in return before her eyes dropped back to her hands.

"Um...it looked kind of...well, it looked like a tunnelsnake. I think. I didn't really...get a good look at it. It...kind of scared me." Being embarassed of that fact, while a briefly entertained thought, was quickly thrown out in favor of potentially having her problem solved for her without her own potential death ( a little dramatic, perhaps, but nobody was going to tell her that if she never said it out loud, now were they?).

She looked back at the table she'd been cleaning upon seeing the creature. "No...not big, really. But--well, it wasn't tiny, but it wasn't dragon-sized either." There was a moment of wide-eyed thought as Aeldan thought about that one before her mind eventually wandered back to the original topic. "Over there, under that table," she said, indicating the table in question with her free hand while the other worried mercilessly at the rag she still held.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

If Peorray had thought it was dragon-sized, she'd have been long gone. Brave was one thing, suicidal quite another. And, her mind insisted on noting, it wouldn't have fit under the tables at all. A bit of a shame- that would've at least made it easier to find.

"Hmmm.... everyone's afraid of something. Sometimes for no reason at all." Peorray commented absently as she crept toward the indicated table and tightened her grip on the tray she still held. It was meant to carry dishes, but would do just as well as a blunt instrument. She briefly considered asking Aeldan to run back to the kitchen for a sack to trap it in instead, but discarded the idea almost immediately. The last thing Katila needed was to set another pest free around here.

A flash of brown caught her eye and she started to bring the tray down, but instinct also had her bringing her feet up as something dashed through the space where they'd been. "Shit!" She hissed, a little embarrassed and angry that she'd jumped like that, and spun around to track the thing before it disappeared again under the next table.

"That thing's fast. Did it come out the other side? Can you see?" Was Aeldan even still in the room after the thing had made its move? Peorray, eyes trained on the table, wasn't willing to lose track of it to look up and see for herself.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She was going to have nightmares about this for weeks. It wasn't even a question. It was just going to happen. The sad thing was, this shouldn't have been such a big deal; calmly exit, find some strong, handsome man to kill the thing, and continue on her way. But here she was with Peorray (who was more than capable as far as Aeldan was concerned at the moment) and a motley array of kitchen utensils that really didn't seem like they'd be much good at all.

It took her a long moment to decide that Peorray's comment didn't necessarily warrant a response, and it was with a small sigh of relief that she remained silent. She watched worriedly as Peorray edged towards the table in question, leaning awkwardly to one side so she could see around the older woman. In case the thing decided that she looked like a much better target to attack. She squeaked loudly at Peorray's exclamation, more on instinct than actual fear because it obviously hadn't darted in her direction.

In fact, it had made a very direct course towards the wall, whereupon closer (slightly) inspection Aeldan spotted a small hole. "It--I think it went in that hole," she said. She moved closer, displaying a lot more bravery than she actually felt, and bent down ever so slightly to inspect the hole. "I see light. It must lead outside." She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not; chances were that if anyone else saw it, a dragon would shortly have a new inhabitant in its belly. Something, she found, that she wasn't too sad about. Unbidden, the thought occurred to her that the hole might be part of a network, of sorts; it could go down, and just come up somewhere else in the building, and then they'd have to go through the whole process all over again (Faranth forbid!). "What...do you want to do?"

ugh, I'm sorry I took so long! Truth be told I forgot about these poor girls, lol.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Peorray followed Aeldan over to the wall, mildly impressed that the girl was willing to approach it. For all they knew, the thing was still curled up near the hole's entrance and laying in wait to strike at the fools who came poking around. But if that hadn't occurred to the girl, Peorray wasn't going to upset the redfruit cart by mentioning it.

"Do?" She turned to look at Aeldan with a bit of confusion. They'd hit a wall -literally- and Peorray had assumed they'd be dusting their hands of the problem. Problem fled and out of their reach. It wasn't as though they could go in after it. But if Aeldan wanted to do something else about it, she'd do her best to be constructive here.

"Well, we've got a couple of options." She said slowly. "We could wait and hope it comes back so we can kill it." Except that might take too long, with work to get back to. "We could say good riddance and hope it never comes back. Or... I heard that ground hot pepper is repellent to pests- we could see if we could find some and put a streak of it outside the hole to keep it away."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)