World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Rising Tide [Open!]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Caxith thought she was really quite tolerant of T’rielle’s habit of running around like a lunatic. It wasn’t like she had to go with him everywhere he went, but that didn’t stop her from complaining even when she was simply sitting in one place. Nice enough of her to let him continue, she thought, and not make him stop outright. She would not mention that one time she’d ended up pinning him down with a foot because he wouldn’t shut up about some activity or other and she was just trying to sleep you sharding ninny, so shut up and I’ll let you up. It tended not to work particularly well, mostly because T’rielle knew better than to think that she’d actually do anything. He would be wrong, though, because Caxith hadn’t let him up until he’d been quiet for a solid five minutes (which just about killed the talkative greenrider, let me tell you).

T'rielle, for his part, had learned quickly enough where the green's boundaries were, and he was remarkably good at skimming that line without crossing. It certainly didn't hurt that the green had no qualms about pointing out when T'rielle was being dense, and the young man had learned very quickly to take it into consideration, at the very least; as long as he paused for a second, thought about himself, then Caxith wouldn't get too snarky at him, even if he didn't really take her advice.

Despite the potentially (and occasionally not) clashing personalities, the two of them really were capable of getting their acts together when they needed to. Caxith never had to ask T’rielle to come with her down to the river so she could take a swim, and she never needed to be told that he couldn’t stop moving, that he just needed to do it and to deal with it on the rare occasions when the rider just needed to get his mind recalibrated. This specific occasion was one that ended with T’rielle sprawled on the riverside and Caxith wallowing in the river, doing her best to surreptitiously drench her rider when he was least expecting it. You’re a terrible beast and I hate you. She was not above pulling him straight into the river either, he knew (she’d done it more than once, and he just about drowned every time--swimming was not one of his strong points).

He heard a rumble, and saw bubbles erupt from the surface of the river where he could see the green’s head submerged. He could see her eyes looming up at him through the water, and a moment later she erupted onto the riverline beside him, not quite managing to keep T’rielle dry. He sighed, but nevertheless moved to her side and gave the green an affectionate pat and scratch along the ridges at the base of her skull. The dragon gave an affectionate hum as he did so, allowing the action to go on for almost an entire minute before shaking her head. I want to go fishing. T'rielle was severely unimpressed by that statement, rolling his eyes and settling back on the ground just in time for a loud and not particularly painless thwap to the back of his head. Hey! That hurt! Caxith just rumbled, seeming unconcerned. She levered one of her Looks at him before slipping back into the water with typical grace.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Araith had been growing quickly far more quicker then Seijin had  though she would but then he should of guess that dragons go big fast. They decided that since they had a little break from the chaos that they would go down to the river so they could swim. Araith liked to swim  but then seijin noticed that most dragons liked the water. He had brough some oil with him and Lana rode on his shoulder and Claus hovered in the air. He had been thinking on things that he had learned in class and wasn't really aware of his soundings until he heard splashing up ahead and paused.  He wasn't sure if this rider would like to be intruded on it wasn't someone he had meet before and he wasn't sure if he knew who the green dragon was. 

"Maybe we shouldn't interrupt " He  turned and spoke softly to Araith.  I suppose so but I did so wish to bath and swim a little. Araith replied softly but reluctantly back.She was really wanting to go in the water.

Seijin turned around to head back and away from the river. Araith slowly turned to follow.  Seijin  was normally very  friendly and  talkative but he had learned that sometimes it wasn't nice to just walk up on people uninvited. 

He though back to his meeting with B'run and wondered vaguely what he was doing these days. He hadn't talked to him since he drug him home that one night and was looking forward to talking to the man again when he was sober this time.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Caxith, for her part, noticed the green pair before T'rielle did. For being as observant as he was, he really was exceptionally good at putting himself in places that made it incredibly hard to actually do any actual observing. At the moment, for example, he'd situated himself on his back, arms crossed behind his head. One knee was drawn up, the other ankle resting against it, idly bouncing to a rhythm in his head. The green spent a moment watching the other rider--she didn't recognise the dragon or the rider with her, but supposed there might be an off chance that T'rielle did.

We have... A pause. I stand corrected. We were going to have company. The dragon didn't seem too terribly put out by that fact, but T'rielle practically sprang into a sitting position and twisted around to see who it was. Nobody he knew, judging by the dragon, but he was never the sort to turn away company. "Hey!" He yelped, scrambling to his feet--and almost not making it in his rush--and jogging a few strides after the mysterious pair, he didn't even think of the possibility that they might have backed off because they didn't want company. Everyone wanted his company! "You're welcome to join us, if you'd like. Caxith was just wallowing--" Fishing. "--fishing. I mean. If you wanted company."

Smooth. The green was halfway out of the water now, the upper half of her body sprawled on the sandy riverbank while her lower half remained in the water, tail lazily swaying back and forth in the current. Oh, shut up.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin turned back when the man ran over to them as they started to walk away.  "Oh hello, I wasn't sure if you were up for company and we didn't wish to intrude on a private moment." Seijin said softly almost shyly.  "I know that some riders do not wish to be interrupted at times so I try not to intrude. " Seijin is very consious about not making anyone upset with him.

You think he's cute don't you. I suppose you could be right from a humans point of view of course. Is that why you get quiet around certain people but you don't have this shyness when you were around I'shan even though i can tell you face flushes and your heartrate increases. Araith says smoothly but a bit teasingly. Oh hush Araith. Seijin replies cheerfully and teasingly himself. He is not upset with her observations.

" This green beauty is Araith and I am Seijin. May I catch you name even though you haven't throw it at me yet?" Seijin smiles brightly getting a bit more confortable now that Araith teased him into relaxing.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

T'rielle tried his best not to grin too brightly at the other young man, having the briefest flash of worry that his over-friendly nature might finally prove to be too much for someone. That worry was forgotten, however, as soon as the other rider spoke. "Oh, Caxith might protest, but I'd wager that there's plenty of river around here for the lot of us." He paused, casting an affectionate glance at the offending (or offended, depending on her disposition of the moment) green, who had since slipped back into the water, flowing gracefully after the silvery flashes that gave away the position of her prey. "Lucky for you I function better with company."

He grinned again, turning back to Seijin as the other man gave his introductions. "It's a pleasure, Araith and Seijin. My name is T'rielle, and that green sea serpent over there is Caxith." He indicated with a thumb over his shoulder where Caxith had allowed the current to pull her a ways down the river. Oi, get back here and be social. The green head rose out of the water, a rather sizable fish clutched in her jaws, still wriggling weakly--T'rielle guessed in the last of its miserable death throes. You are going to have the worst fish-breath, Caxith.

What's wrong with fish?

Nothing, until it's spent a couple days festering in your mouth. The dragon harrumphed, and with a small amount of admittedly impressive maneuvering of the now-deceased fish she swallowed it whole. Rising proper from the water she made her way to T'rielle's side, casting an eye in the direction of the other green pair. It was not overly judgmental, for which T'rielle breathed a silent sigh of relief. Caxith could judge with the worst of them, and while T'rielle might not have minded if he weren't such a social butterfly, the fact that Caxith's ridiculous over-protectiveness budged in on his social time was something he would never let the dragon forget--in the most affectionate manner, of course. T'rielle couldn't stay mad at anyone for long.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin grinned back at T'rielle as he watched Araith head toward the water. " Its a pleasure to me you T'rielle  and Caxith  as well." Seijin replied cheerfully.  He joined T'rielle to watch the dragons in the water and chuckled as he saw Caxith come up with a fish. "Looks like Caxith loves fish."

I can catch fish too Seijin Araith dives in the water to demonstrate but she only gets a little fish compaired to the one Caxith got. Seijin grinned even brighter and looked fondly on Araith. good job Araith a great catch indeed.  Maybe your next fish will be even bigger and more impressive then that one.   He wanted to encourage Araith and she practically glowed with pride at the praise for her catch.

He smiled back over to T'rielle " I'm glad you don't mind having company. I do enjoy having someone to talk to myself. I love spending time with Araith and come here to swim but I still like being around other people as well and so does Araith. She can be quick a chatter box when you get to know her.  " Seijin says softly.  He did note though that this greenrider was more open the other greenriders he had meet so far.  He seemed more like him.  He relaxed and sat down by the waters edge as the bigger green  got out of the water and Araith continued to chase fish.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

T'rielle acted the obligatory servant and scratched Caxith's right eye ridge when the green offered it to him, giving her an affectionate pat on the neck with his free hand before stepping into a position that allowed him to watch Araith as the smaller green slipped into the water. He grinned, giving Seijin a somewhat sympathetic look. "A bit competitive, is she?" Once Caxith had decided she'd had enough of being pampered (for the next five minutes anyway) she turned one plate-sized eye on the younger green, though T'rielle wasn't sure whether she was being judgemental or just watching for the sake of watching.

"It's not so much that she likes the fish themselves all that much, I don't think, but she does enjoy the act of catching them." He said, leaning against Caxith's shoulder and peeking under her neck to watch Araith in the water. The green manfully resisted the urge to give the younger dragon some advice on her technique, though she was certainly not above giving said advice to T'rielle, who played the dutiful listener, making his own observations on Araith's fishing skills (typically in the Weyrling dragon's favor). She's better than you were the first time you went fishing. Do you remember--

I do. Don't remind me.

He suppressed a laugh, always happy to get the better of his dragon every once in a while. Caxith, for her part, took it with good grace, fixing her rider with a steady eye but elected not to say anything. T'rielle turned his attention back to Seijin, shrugging the shoulder that wasn't still pressed securely against his dragon's shoulder. "I never much saw the point in not letting people use a place that doesn't have my name written all over it. Not just my special place, you know?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin chuckled "not as competitive as she is talkative. Just wait till she gets going. Course I can't get her away from pastries  she got hold of one and now she loves them the weyrlingmaster is gonna probably have my hide. He told me to be real careful about that. "  He sighs softly running a nervous hand threw his hair.

He peeks over at T'rielle "so you come here often  then. She seems really good at catching fish and swimming so she must have had lots of practice. " He comments on his green beauty.

"I didn't think i'd end up with one of the most talkative dragons. Course she has to get to know you first she can still be shy " He sits down along the edge of the water and watches Araith swim. He does notice that she doesn't talk as much when she gets into a activity like swimming.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"My excuse was generally along the lines of 'Oh, but I couldn't say no to that face!'" he said, indicating the direction Caxith had wandered in with a thumb over his shoulder. She had slipped back into the water a polite distance away from the younger green in the hopes that she wouldn't scare any more fish away. She was not so interested in the fish anymore as she was in the water itself. It wasn't particularly accurate, all things considered, because Caxith refused to make a face of any sort, but he figured (hoped) that the other man was imaginative enough to figure it out without a literal example.

He glanced over his shoulder to watch the green cavort in the water for a moment before throwing another grin at the younger greenrider. "She liked baths more than was good for her as a Weyrling. She grew out of that, but never the swimming," he said, then laughed as Seijin continued. "Caxith wasn't exactly expected, either. But we get along well enough, so I never really thought about it overmuch." When Seijin moved to sit by the water T'rielle followed, though he stayed standing and kept a good couple feet of distance between the two of them as he watched the Weyrling green swim.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sejin grins "well it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't resist their dragons cravings and wants. " He chuckles softly " I know that kind-of look quite well I think Araith has practiced it to get it just right cause I can never refuse her.  Maybe I just love her to much to  say no."

Araith eavesdrops on  Sejin's thoughts You love me. And want to make me happy. There nothing wrong with that. I love you and want you to be happy too. Soo you think this one is cute too.  Araith teased Seijin.  She's been noticing certain men  that Seijin makes note of. 

Seijin blushes softly [i]oh hush Araith.  Don't you dare share that. [/i] Seijin quickly maintains his composure and looks over at  T'rielle course in his mind he had to admit that  T'rielle was easy on the eyes.  But no way was he gonna start thinking about that now.  Course Araith was growing up and he had starting thinking about other riders and they dynamics of relationships.  But they weren't ready not yet. They had time. Seijin smiles  and prays that T'rielle did not notice the exchange between him and Araith.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flights and the theoretical romance (or lack thereof) that occasionally went with them had never been something of huge consequence for T'rielle in his time as a weyrling. By the time he found himself on the Sands in front of a little green dragonet he hadn't exactly been a blushing virgin, so that first flight of Caxith's, beyond the unfamiliarity that flightlust brought into it, hadn't been of much consequence. A bluerider, he recalled, though he couldn't remember the name of the rider or the dragon. He was fairly certain that Caxith might have known the latter, at the very least, but she simply couldn't be assed to tell him, because there really was no reason for him to know. The past was passed, and all that.

"It's hard not to love them," he said, casting a fond glance at his own dragon, who had submerged herself up to her nostrils, wings fanned a bit away from her body under the water. "Even if they are insufferable know-it-alls." He raised his voice a little, directing the statement more at his dragon than the green weyrling.

I wonder where I got that habit from, hmm?

Pulled it out of your ass, I'd wager.

T'rielle was not oblivious to the fact that his dragon had yet to do more than look at the other green; she was not the type to initiate conversation without being prodded into it, and even then it was never a particularly smooth introduction. He didn't spend much time worrying about it; something of an attention whore, T'rielle never had an issue with being the sole recipient of his dragon's attention. Your emotions are showing, the green purred, amused.

I always have emotions. You just don't pay any attention.

Mmm. Yes, that must be it.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin was amused as he watched Araith play in the water luckly she stopped teasing him about  the people he was checking out.  He after all only had  been with one person so he still had curiosity  about others.  But then he wasn't sure how to broach a subject like that with other riders.  He wished he was able to talk about things with other greenriders.  Cause who knows someone might have so tricks of the trade they can share with him  so he don't end up getting himself hurt.

Seijin knew that was a possibility and he knew that it would most likely upset Araith if something hurt him being a weyrling  he just didn't yet have the skills needed but he'd learn and he'd do it as fast as he could.  For both his and Araith sake.

He smiled again as he saw Araith looking toward the other green. loss for word dearheart  I've never seen you be so quiet. Are you being shy? Araith swiveled her head from the water to look at Seijin I am not being quiet and shy. I am just having fun and swimming. And I really just don't know what to say.    Araith muttered back. She peeked back over at the other green Caxith.

Seijin leaned back and folded his hands behind his head and looked up.  " There is so much we don't know and so much to learn how did you ever take it all in?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Caxith was well aware of the scrutiny she was recieving from the weyrling green, and if anything, only made her own antics the more dramatic because of it. T'rielle suppressed a very manly giggle at his dragon's expense, glancing down at Seijin in the sudden silence.

Is it always that obvious when I'm talking to you?

Only most of the time, dear heart.

He grinned again, then barked an abrupt laugh at Seijin's question. "We've been together for six years and I still don't know all there is to know. Don't worry yourself too much over it," he said. "If there's something you ever really need to know, chances are Araith will take it upon herself to make sure you figure it out. Or someone will, at least. Anything else is usually left up to experience. Nobody's ever going to have identical experiences, as I'm sure you've figured out by now."

Caxith, having decided she was quite bored of swimming, pulled herself back onto the shoreline, proceeding to curl herself resolutely around T'rielle, prompting the greenrider to take a step away from Seijin so the dragon didn't intrude on his personal space too much. Her head was between the two riders, tilted ever so slightly towards the weyrling so she could examine him without actually looking like she was doing so. It wouldn't do to show any actual interest or anything, after all.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin blushed as he became aware of T'rielle looking at him.  " I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. " He was still not used to holding a coversation  both outside and inside his head and feared he let the conversation with T'rielle lapse when Araith bespoke him.  " I'm still getting used to talking with Araith without speaking outloud. " He explained hastily.

" Oh thats a great relief. I am always so nervous about messing something up or hurting Araith somehow.  So far though i doing pretty well in classes. B'jin ain't been yelling at me all that much not that he's doing much yelling at the others but he did have words with them during a lesson before. " seijin nodded softly at Caxith and noticed his green had  slide out of the water leaving araith to play alone. Course Araith was more playing them  hunting cause she wasn't really hungry having been feed recently.

Seijin just relaxed  as the other dragon  looked him over. He wasn't really paying attention to the looks and curiousity of the other dragon.  He didn't even feel eyes on him at all.  " So besides swimming and catching fish what  else do you do.?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Don't worry about it," T'rielle said with a chuckle, "it takes time, even for the best of us. There's a whole dragon inside your head, you know. Takes some getting used to." For a moment he let his attention drift towards Araith, watching the green weyrling play in the water. "She certainly doesn't seem any worse off, I'd say. Healthy as any runnerbeast." Caxith was prone to agree, though she was obliged to add that nobody equaled her perfection. T'rielle had no trouble admitting that he agreed, though at least he had the decency to acknowledge that he might have been just a little bit biased.

"Oh, this and that. I'm quite boring, actually." He said. It wasn't an accurate description of his daily life, really, but T'rielle figured it was probably best for him not to corrupt the new blood right off the bat. However tempting it might have been. It wasn't that he was a troublemaker--well, no, he could definitely be classified as a troublemaker, but definitely not the kind that projected it onto innocents. Even if he was occasionally indirectly (or directly) responsible for dragging some poor soul along on his escapades. It was all fun and games until someone got their ass kicked for corrupting the Weyr's youth.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin scanned the water and watched Araith continue to play at chasing the fish and swimming.  She loved the water course he noted that a good majority of the dragons liked being in the water. He wasn't sure why but it was a common element. He never met any dragons that didn't like being in the water.

He chuckles " Yes Araith is healthy I do give her that and growing like a weed  and i surprised she ain't developed a gut with how much she eats. But the weyrling Master did say that would change when she is full grown to a healthy eating pattern.  She shouldn't be snacking on them pies as much as she does though its a bad habit. "

He smiled over at T'rielle as Lana peeked over at him from around his neck making a soft chirp before laying her head down again.  He reached up and petted her softly as she curled back up again.  He looked around and wondered what had disturbed her slumber.  " I find it hard to believe that  you are  boring. After all i wasn't stolen just yesterday. " He joked softly. "I'm sure you have many interesting stories to tell.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
@Kiren

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)