World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Custom Customer [Jisralna]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
R'ana was dressed in one of her nicer outfits for this errand, a divided skirt and dressier shirt than her preferred tunic.  She wasn't trying to dress to impress, she was more hoping to show a good faith effort of looking nice for this. 

While she was known to be a green rider, she was trying to cut down on the visible reminders of it.  It tended to annoy the crafters, many of whom were Stolen.  She wasn't able to empathize too much, but she could and did try to acknowledge it. 

She picked up her bit of trade goods, a basket of dried meat strips.  It was a fortune in jerky, something she thought might be useful for someone who had recently impressed firelizards.  She had added some sweet smelling lotion in a tiny jar to the basket, as a good faith gift.  It might help the woman with stretchmarks, R'ana seemed to recall she was pregnant. 

She walked, Shanith walking behind her, a ball in her jaws.  The dragon was excited, hoping to find someone to play with her with it.  She split from her as R'ana passed by the creche, and headed to the Dining Hall.

She was able to wheedle a kitchen worker out of some of the chilled juices, carrying four bottles with her, tucking them into her basket as well.  She headed to the crafthall with the heavy basket now, slipping into the building.  She looked around for the woman, having to peek around a bit before she found her. 

"Jisralna?"  She offered her a smile, and asked, "May I ask about a moment of your time?  I brought something cold to drink."  She stepped back, eyes lowered a bit, according her respect, for she was a Journeywoman. 

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The boys were a month old now and had done quite a bit of growing. Jisralna had learned the less desireable habits of her little trio and was working hard to curb them. Of course the added effort to her schedule tended to leave her feeling even more exhausted at the end of the day. It didn't help any that it had been raining for the past four days straight and there was mud everywhere. It also didn't seem to help that Silly and Gambi were bent on driving her insane that morning, nor that her back ached. In fact, almost everything seemed to be bothering the weaver that day so when Silly tackled Gambi and the two clattered into a floor loom that had been tucked into the corner, she snapped.

"Enough!" She shouted--though a Jissy shout was far less booming than say a normal person's shout--and flung her hand out. Silly quickly launched himself into the air and blinked between to avoid any proper scolding while Gambi made a rather pathetic noise as he tried to regain his balance on the looms strings. Storming--which looked a great deal like waddling--over to the loom, she gave her best stern mother look to the meeker of her two browns then carefully extracted him from the loom so as not to damage the work in progress. "If you two don't start behaving like Weaver, you'll be banished from the work room."

Though she was chiding, her voice softened as she clutched the darker brown to her chest and inspected him for any damage. Silly could get a little rough at times but thankfully, Gambi was more than capable of holding his own. All she could find was a superficial scrape so after kissing him on the head, she settled Gambi on the pile of rags where Weaver had watched the entire event. He sounded a cheeky little trill as though to say "nananananana" then settled back to unraveling one of the scraps of cloth, one thread at a time.

Before she could so much as settle her mind much less her body, there was a voice at the door. Turning, Jisralna blinked as she spotted one of the few female greenriders in the door of her little workroom. Curiosity spiked as she noted the basket and then the defferential posture. Confused for a moment she simply stared and then the offer of something cool to drink seemed to sink in and a friendly smile blossomed. "Of course, come in..." She fished for the proper name then thinking she had the right one decided to err on the side of caution; she wasn't exactly well versed in the names of every dragonrider. She did know the names of all the Bronze and Gold riders as well as their respective dragons--not that she knew them all by sight--but unless they were ranking individuals or she knew them, the chromatic riders were a bit more than she could handle. "Greenrider. What can I do for you?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She entered carefully, the shout from earlier having her wary a bit.  Ah.  Firelizards.  She relaxed a bit though upon seeing them.

Her smile was warm.  "I'm R'ana."  She spoke quietly.  It took her a moment to dig out the bottles and slide two towards Jisralna.  "I think I was told there were redberry, with some of those purple berries added for flavor?  It should be good at any rate."  She added, "And I was hoping to be able to trade for some scraps of cloth?"

She blushed as she added, "I make toys for my dragon, balls mostly, but she goes through them so fast I ran out of scraps not long ago.  And I'm pretty sure her last ball is about to take a mud bath." 

She touched her mind to Shanith's and checked, whimpering in her head as she found her, rolling in the mud.  Great.  Evidently she was bathing her, in the rain, after this.

R'ana settled to sit, finding a spare chair, and laying the basket on the table, as it was heavy.  It was a pretty basket, woven of grass and twigs into a bowl with a handle.  A bag and a jar showed inside it, the jar containing the lotion and the bag the smoked meat.  She just hoped the firelizards didn't smell it.  She didn't know how to handle the small beasts.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She smiled as the rider introduced herself and gladly took the bottles of cool juice. "It's nice to meet you, R'ana." She moved over to one of the tables in the room and set the two bottles down, resisting the urge to break the wax seal on one or both and chug them. So the rider was here to trade for scraps? The Weaver looked over to where two of her boys were curled up on the scrap pile and smiled. "Well you certainly came at a good time. I have a good pile saved up. Please, make yourself comfortable."

Deciding that the juice would taste better cold anyway, she picked them up from the table again and turned, moving towards R'ana slowly and deliberately. She offered one of the bottles back to the woman with a smile. "It's never good to drink alone I've heard." Eyes sparkling, she pulled out another chair and settled herself, trying to picture a dragon playing with a ball of rags.

"Your dragon sounds like fun. What is her name?" Once Jisralna was settled, the little blue stirred from where he'd been curled up and fluttered over to settle on the woman's pregnant belly, chirping and otherwise being so adorable that Jissy didn't have the heart to shoo him away, despite her embarrassment. "I don't know why he likes this belly so much, it's always in the way."

While R'ana might have been here for business, Jisralna was grateful for the distraction and found that she was more than a little desperate for a bit of company. Before long, though, Silly returned and with him in the picture Gambi stirred as well and the two browns climbed and glided about looking for vantage points, curious and yet a bit nervous about the new presence. "Don't mind them, mostly harmless but they're getting better."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana hesitated and settled to sit down.  She nearly answered abou the scraps right away, then took a moment to read Jisralna's actions and relaxed into a more friendly and less wary state of mind.

She tucked a foot behind the fung of the chair, and took her two bottles from her basket.  Showing them to the candidate, her smile turned a bit wry.  "I picked up four of these.  It's so hot today, I figured two apiece would be good." 

The greenrider smiled at the lizards and said, "Shanith.  You've probably seen her around, she's a long green, very dark and very friendly.  I wonder sometimes if the fascination iwth pregnant belly isn't something similar to dragons.  Shanith was always nuzzling mine and trying to talk to the baby when I was in the last stretch of carrying 'Rani.  I think it's why my daughter always liked her though."

R'ana tucked the basket closer to her and eyed the lizards a moment, but stayed relaxed.  R'ana opened a bottle and took a sip, taking a moment.  "Are they hard to train, your lizards, I mean?  They seem to be wonderfully behaved so far."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)