World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Meetings and Greetings [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
At four years of age, Kela was the youngest of the large shaggy canines that Terken loved best in life.  She was the only survivor from the first litter he had bred, and of all the canines, the only one he considered a pet.  Her pregnancy was just beginning to show, though since it was her first, she merely looked like she was carrying a bit of extra weight.   

He reached down to scratch her ears fondly, and put her on a leash.  It was a rest day today.  He had hunted yesterday, bringing down two wherries, and all the canines had been fed.  Except Kela, they had been exercised as well, and were scattered through out the fenced land he called his own, guarding it, or taken to the beastcrafters to help guard the bovines from Felines. 

He jogged lightly to the gather square, Kela keeping pace easily, tail awave with delight.  A quick stop by the dining hall had a bowl of water for her procured, as well as a treat because the worker he always talked to had a soft spot for the (overly) friendly canine.  Today's bit of work was mostly to keep her social.  It meant that he would pick a spot, sit down and wait for someone willing to come and pet her to approach.  The question was what spot? 

He sometimes took her by the weyrling barracks to keep her well used to the  sight and smell of dragon.  If he was lucky she would get to meet the dragons, something she seemed to love.  He suspected it was the mental touch of the dragons...he didn't know if she could hear them speak, but suspected she picked up on the emotions of the great creatures, if not the thoughts. 

Then again, she loved it when he parked them right near the dining hall and the kitchen workers cooed at her during their breaks.  He pretended he didn't see them slipping her meat or bones.  She loved the creche too, the kids loved brushing her, petting her, throwing a stick or ball for her...and she loved them right back.  He chuckled to himself over the canine being dubbed almost as much fun as a dragon. 

He picked a spot and set off towards it, sitting down in the grass.  Kela followed suit with a hand motion, and he pulled out his favoured brush to start grooming her.  He hated sitting idle, hopefully someone would come say hello soon.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
A canine! Farren swore she'd seen someone with one. She stalked through the buildings now, eager to find the beast and, of course, smother it with love. It had been a long time since she'd seen anything but dragons and men and she was eager for a change in scenery. She'd heard them around the weyr, of course, but finding time to hunt them or their owner down always seemed just out of reach and it had proved a continual frustration for her to not be able to pet the fluffy creatures. How frustrating was it to have something so close but simply not be able to reach it?

She spotted canine and owner across the way and broke into a smile, promptly changing her path to bear down on them. She waved, though she had no idea who the man was and was certain he had no idea who she was. Finally reaching them and stopping a polite distance away she nodded politely before fixing her eyes on the canine. She was adorable! And, she noted, getting fat. A tinge of annoyance touched her there. Even a canine could get pregnant when she couldn't, which meant she couldn't stand! That was frustrating if anything was. When all you want in the world is a dragon and the only thing keeping you from it is your own damnable body you were bound to be a bet testy over the subject.

"Hello!" She chirped, smiling at Terken. "She's lovely... May I pet her?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kela stood still, tail waving as Terken worked the comb through thick fur.  She stilled suddenly and he looked up in time to see the tail end of a wave. 

He set the brush down, murmured a soft word to Kela and she padded over to greet the woman.  "Of course, she loves the attention."  His words were quiet as he tried to place her. 

He failed to, something that didn't surprise him.  People weren't his thing, he preferred dogs.  Probably one of the stolen, he knew most of the plague survivors, and riders by face if not by name. 

Kela sat down next to the woman, politely nudging her hand.  Glad that she was staying true to the training he had given her to greet people politely, he decided to introduce himself.  "Terken."  Hopefully if he gave her his name, she would do the same.  "Dog's name is Kela."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She almost melted. She dropped to her knees and set about scratching the hound behind the ears. In the typical manner of women smitten with beasts, she crooned and awwed and made all sorts of nonsensical noises at the canine, telling her how pretty she was and how well behaved. She managed to get lost in her interaction with the furry creature and Terken's voice pulled her out of it as she lifted her head and looked abashed.

"Sorry! I should have introduced myself first. I'm Farren. She's beautiful." She planted a kiss on Kela's forehead and resumed her petting, smiling up at Tarken. "Thank you for letting me pet her. I've seen you two around but hadn't gotten the chance to come say hi... Hello!" She laughed, smiling brightly.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

That Kela lapped up the attention, coos and affections was a source of amazement for Terken.  She wriggled, waved her tail and when Farren dropped to her knees, proceeded to nuzzle and wash her face in happy greetings.  Well...at least one of them knew how to treat a girl.

What did one say to a girl?  They...giggled.  He touched the back of his neck trying to think a moment as Kela tried to crawl into the woman's lap so she could give more affection to her.  His face took on a deer in the headlights look and he scrambled for something, anything to say.

He decided he just couldn't be quiet, it might be rude.  Females were remarkably inventive about revenge when someone had been rude to them.  "Hello."  He didn't plan to say anything else, but silence stretched and he scrambled for soemthing.  Anything to say.  "I am glad you like petting her." 

Then he remembered some advice.  'When all else fails, talk of the weather.'  It was as good a topic as any. He hoped.  Right? "So....Nice weather we're having?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Fortunately for Terken, Farren had no problem talking to people. About anything. She could, almost, pull a topic out of thin air, though he was doing a lovely job with the bit about the weather. It wasn't top-notch conversation, but it was a beginning. Certainly better than sitting in silence while she smothered his canine with love.

"The weather has been nice," she agreed. "Though, I'd appreciate a good rain. A day to sit inside and get crafts done." She nodded, satisfied with that. She scratched Kela behind the ear and smiled down at the canine. "How old is she? Does she have puppies? Are there puppies?!" She turned, grinning up at him. The chance to play with puppies was an exciting one!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Blue eyes blinked at her words about rain and said, without thinking about it, "I hate being inside.  Walls feel like they're closing in after a bit.  How do you do it?" 

Embarrassed, he covered the slip, by answering, "About 20 days she'll have puppies.  Got another litter from some of the other canines I'll start training to hunt tunnel snakes soon...they're about 12 weeks old now." 

He paused.  "Most of the dogs get put to work right off but I've been thinking of placing some of the pups and older dogs with people around the weyr.  What do you think of the idea?"  It was an idea his mother had violently opposed, but he thought it might be a good way to ensure that bloodlines didn't die out...And those dogs that had managed to reach old age here deserved a chance at a good life for their last few years.  She would have said he was soft for thinking of it, but he loved the canines for themselves.  She hadn't.

Katila was rough on its canines, the fact that Kela was the sole survivor of her litter and the dwindling number of her type that were of breeding age showed that.  It might help him keep bloodlines strong if he started ensuring a couple of canines from each litter made it to adulthood, even if it was as glorified pets.

Kela licked and nuzzled at Farren's hand, tail stirring in the grass and body wriggling as she laid down and let her head rest in Farren's lap, calming a bit as the woman did.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She snorted, promptly covering her mouth and looking embarrassed at the sound. She changed it into a lighter laugh and smiled up at him. "I'm a woman. You get used to being trapped indoors." Kela didn't have to do much to keep Farren showering her with affection as she thought over Terken's idea.

"It would make sense. Assure that at least some are kept safe and can breed. I think it sounds like a fine idea!" She nodded, smile growing wider. She adored canines, though she'd never really had the opportunity to raise one. Her hold had had a couple, but they weren't her's nor were they pets she could love on. She stole them rare pats and scraps from the table when she thought she could get away with it, but other than that this was the closest she'd been to a canine and she'd promptly fallen in love.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Terken looked down.  "It's wrong to make women used to that."  Kela was currently trying to fit as much of her bulk into Farren's lap as she could, making him snort at the canine's dismay as parts of her kept falling out. 

He hmmed and offered, having the distinct feeling he would regret it, but that it would make her very happy.  "Would you like to come meet the other canines at my hut?  I created some kennels and runs...not entirely done yet,but what I want is coming together.  You can see those puppies I mentioned."  His words were hesitant, almost shy.  She was a girl but she seemed to love canines as he did. 

Kela perked at the thought of going somewhere, tail waving as her rear half slid out of Farren's lap and she tried to resettle properly.  When she did, this time her front half slid from her lap and she whined softly, shifting to sit up and nudge Farren in a plea for more pettings.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)