World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Silence and Solitude [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Silute landed by the lakes edge having headed out for a bit of a swim for him and Teegarth. Both enjoyed nature and playing in the water so they snuck away and did it ever chance they got. Is anyone around do you think SiluteTeegarth said timidly.  Looks find to me I don't see anyone about  don't worry no one gonna notice us out here taking and swim and besides were just swimming not like we doing anything bad.

Well I worry everyone on edge  Oh look a pretty rock Teegarths attention is absorbed by a white round like object well not excactly perfectly round more like oval in shape. Silute leaned down and brushed the sand away from the object. Teegarth I think its a egg. You found a egg. Silute chuckled softly and reached down to pick it up. He didn't see any others near it and wondered if maybe someone might of missed this one. He knew that they been looking lately in this area for the eggs after all them firelizards hatched for the candidates and some riders.  I wonder if anything is in this one Hatch it! Teegarth said softly then his attention was taking up by the form of leaves on  the trees and he went to look at it leaving Silute with his thoughts.

The egg is from the birthday drawing.

PA - First Post!

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

Written By: DeeStar
It is a beautiful day out N'kal, we should do something fun!, came Torath's pleasant even tone, though he sounded a bit excitable today. N'kal wasn't in a horrible mood himself, at least not at the moment, and supposed it would be kind of nice to disappear and relax, which was what he usually did, but most of the time Torath was off with the other dragons sunning himself like a big baby.

'Yeah, alright.', he sent back after a moments thought. 'What would you like to do today?' It was several minutes before he responded with, The lake!! Let's go to the lake!! We can swim and roll in the sand!. N'kal gave a grunt but chuckled a bit. He was certainly glad that Torath wasn't a green as he couldn't handle him so cheerful all the time. 'Alright, give me a bit and we can go.

An hour or so later N'kal had a small pack hung over one shoulder and they were lazily drifting toward the lake when Torath rumbled. Looks like we are not the only one's out to enjoy the day!  N'kal grunted as Torath banked left and sure enough there was a blue and his rider on the beach. Right then he was more then glad to turn around and go home, and almost said as much, but Torath beat him to it, Please can we stay? It's only one blue and his rider..It can't hurt..Oh! It's little Teegarth!

N'kal knew of Teegarth and his rider Silute. He didn't hang around him much because he was a bit to friendly for his tastes, but the kid was alright. His dragon was a runt and was picked on by some of the others and it pissed him off. 'Yeah alright. Land already before I change my mind' Torath trumpeted his pleasure and dove for the beach, causing N'kal to tighten his grip as he had left without his saddle again. Torath pulled up several yards away from the blue and his rider, landing gentle as not to jar N'kal more then he already had. He laid down so N'kal could slide down his shoulder and leg, jumping the last couple feet and landing solidly.

He hadn't had any intention of bothering Silute but Torath had bent he great neck to nose him gently. Come on.., he urged and grumbling he rolled his eyes at the great swirling blue eye before him. 'Fine fine...you're lucky I love you..great beastly pain...' He scratched Torath's eye ridge a moment until he rumbled deeply, then turned to the blue and Silute and raised a hand in greeting as Torath offered his own greeting to Teegarth, Hello, may we join you?.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Yes please join us. We would like that Teegarth replied.  Silute looked up from where he was looking having put the egg in his pocket with some warm sand before looking up to see who had joined them.  He smiled softly "  Hello  N'kal  and Torath"  Silute inclined his head in greeting.  " Did you come for a swim?" He asked softly. He knew the lake was a perfect place for the dragons to swim even Teegarth loved to swim  especially when he had the need to feel clean.

"Or did you come to hunt for them eggies that everyone has been talking about  all over the weyr.?" He didn't think N'kal was a  egg hunter but he asked anyways just to make sure.  " He folded his hands behind his head as he watched them approach him. Silute's smile was warm and welcoming. He loved people and liked to be around them. Though with Teegarth being teased  they been avoiding  people lately and going off on their own more which is totally out of character for  Silute but he loved his dragon enough to give him what he wanted a times.

PA - First Post!

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

Torath bugled his happiness at the invitation and actually trotted over to the smaller dragon and looked him over. You really are just a tiny thing. He rumbled softly as he got closer to the blue. Have the other's stopped teasing you?, he questioned with a bit of a protective tone to his voice.

Torath was more then willing to get all growly and snarly at anyone teasing others. He did NOT like when others were teased for size or color. While he waited a response, he very lazily folded his wings and dropped to the ground, rolled onto his back, and started wriggling about in the warm sand, forgetting about the riders for a moment and spraying sand around with his tail.

N'kal grunted as he watched Torath go be his usual self. It warmed his heart just a bit to know Torath was still protective over those that needed it, N'kal was too, for the right people. He turned his attention back to the younger rider and gave a stiff sort of smile and jerked a thumb at Torath. "He's swimmin', I'm watchin'", he said in his usual gruff manor, to which Torath quit rolling in the sand to look at him upside down. Not fair!!, came a sullen answer followed by Torath's attempt at a whine, which was more of a gurgling sound. "Oh for crying out loud...hush...I'll get in when I am good and ready."

He actually cracked a slight grin and shook his head before looking back at Silute. "Eggs?", he said with a raised brow as he thought about what he had meant. Apparently the boy didn't realize the man before him avoided people and therefore had no idea most of the time about the local talk. It took a minute for him to figure out what he meant. "Oh...those damnable firelizard eggs?" He gave a shrug and glanced over at the dragons. "Torath wants me to get one so he can play with it.." No sooner did he say that Torath flipped himself over, spraying sand everywhere and reared up on his back legs, bugling to the sky before dropping to all four feet again. Pleeeaaassseeee?! Come on N'kal!! Just one!?!

His lips twitched and he laughed deep in his throat, it always amused him when Torath broke his usual temperment and acted this way. "I am still not convinced they are safe to be around dragons..." Torath grumbled and sat and hunched his neck and shoulders in a quite convincing pout before he looked over at Teegarth. He's being mean...want to swim? N'kal looked from Silute to Torath and would have thrown something at him if he had hand something. "Hey! How am I mean for wanting to make sure you're safe? Brat dragon...Bah! Go swim!"

Looking back at Silute he sighed. "Forgive my...less then enthusiastic opinion of firelizards." He turned his gaze to Torath and grumbled. "We fled the plague that was believed to have been caused by them. I am not eager to see him or any other dragon sick ever again." His eyes darkened and his face set into a scowl. He hadn't meant it too, but the past still hurt damnit.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Teegarth tensed slightly as Torath approached and mentioned his size but he relaxed as he realized the big bronze was only making an observation of his size and not teasing. They have stopped for the most part. Thought I do hear snickers and whispers sometimes when they believe that I do not.   Teegarth admitted softy

Silute chuckled as the big bronze just flopped onto the ground and started to wiggle around. Sure at first he was worried about Torath upsetting Teegarth but then when he realized he wasn’t he turned his attention back to N’kal.  His grin grew wider as he heard N’kal say that only his dragon was doing the swimming because he was just going to be watching.  He knew that the bronze argued with N’kal about it because he noticed his look and then his reply confirmed Silute's suspicions

Silute decided to keep the egg a secret.  He sure didn’t know that the bronze rider didn’t talk to the others or pay attention to the gossip around the weyr.  He blushed softly realizing he set the bronze off again  as he flipped over and sprayed everyone with sand.  He watched the display the bronze made and wondered if it was a long standing argument or a least discussion between the two of them.

Yes let’s go for a swim. I love to swim. Silute can swim well to he often does when it’s just us. Teegarth said softly.  Teegarth headed for the water. Silute watched him go he knew the blue loved the water and swimming especially when it was a hot dry day.  He looked back over at N’kal “well you do have reason for thinking that. So there is nothing to forgive.  Especially since you older riders were there at the time and have valid concerns.  We younger riders never experienced it so we don’t know and we are not afraid but it doesn’t make you concerns less valid.  “

PA - First Post!

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

Torath growled and snapped his jaw, standing over the blue and swinging his big head around as if looking for something, like he expected another dragon to be near by to pick on the blue at that moment. I do NOT like this! He dipped his head and one great swirling yellow and orange eye got close to Teegarth's face before he rumbled deeply. You tell me, or find me if it gets out of hand. I will help you. There are too few of us left, to be worried about what size or color a dragon is! He stomped his front feet on the ground and fanned out his wings a moment before folding them again, all teeth and growling, very unhappy that Teegarth is being harassed.

N'kal for once relaxed his face into something close to apologetic when he looked at Silute, before calling out to Torath. "Calm down Torath, come on now. We're out here to relax remember?" Torath swung his head around toward N'kal and looked at him, his eyes still swirling angrily. He snorted softly at N'kal, which was nearly as bad as him blowing raspberries at him. He sighed, moved forward and scratched his eye ridge. "Stop scaring Teegarth with your growling and snapping. I am sure if he ever needs your help he will ask.  Now calm down." He was calm and gentle with him and kept scratching him until he was calm, when his eyes were slowly swirling blue he felt safe enough to turn back to Silute.

"Sorry, I hope Teegarth isn't to upset. Torath can get a bit...excitable when it comes to others being picked on and teased." N'kal wasn't one for discussing the past with people, but he felt the need to explain, at least a little, "We uh...we've got a bit of history with this same situation. Touchy for us both I s'pose.", and left it at that.

N'kal was glad that Torath did not continue with his pouting about the firelizards after calming down about the Teegarth situation, though he was likely to hear about it at a later date, if not on their way home. He watched as the sulky bronze followed the quiet Teegarth into the water. Once in the water however his mood seemed to have lifted again. He trumpeted at Teegarth, and took off swimming, folding his wings and going under the surface for a minute or so before breaking the surface, splashing water everywhere. Content for the moment he swam in a lazy wide circle around Teegarth and answered his previous comment. N'kal can swim too when I can get him in the water.... He then shot a pointed look at N'kal before rolling over in the water, then resuming his lazy circles.

N'kal grunted a bit, back to his normal self, at Silute's words. "Yes well...you younger riders would do well to heed us and take caution when introducing those little beasts back around our dragons. We are so few, they would not survive another outbreak." His gruffness died away to a solemn tone as he watched Torath swim with Teegarth. "Bah!", he said sharply after a moment. "Pay no attention to me!" He dropped to the sand and watched the dragons play before looked back at Silute. "What else is going on that your younger ears have heard that mine have not?" He was at least, for Torath's sake, going to attempt being more social today. It wouldn't kill him he was sure. Well he hoped not anyway... No one has ever died from talking to someone..., came an amused comment. He grunted and ignored him, after which he heard a deep grunting sound carry across the water, which meant of course that he was being laughed at.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Silute smiled " Teegarth will be just fine. He doesn't get scared easily though he does get upset when the others tease him about being a runt of a blue. But sometimes i guess being small  could actually have advantages. He can move more gracefully like the greens and it might help him in catching them in the end sometimes. We might never know will we. "

Yes I suppose it could have advantages.  And I will tell you if there anyone picking that i cannot handle I promise. Teegarth promised quietly. He enjoyed swimming in the water and splashed a little at Torath playfully.  He wanted to swim and play in the water. He always enjoyed it and  his smaller size made  it easier for him to glide threw the water easily.  So he guessed Silute was right about there being some advantages.  But did they wash away the disavantages he didn't know yet.

Silute chuckled at Teegarths antics in the water. " Its a good thing he likes the  water course he looks right at home sometimes in the water. Silute plopped down in the sand by  N'kal.  " I haven't heard many rumors running around recently. Since most of the talk lately has been surrounding the firelizards and egg hunting. No ones had time to gossip about anything else i'm afraid. " Silute replied quietly.

PA - First Post!

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal nodded slightly, arms crossed loosly against his chest. "That's good to know that he does not scare easily." He actually gave a bit of a smile when Silute gave reasons being small was a good thing. "Exactly the right way to look at it. Sure he is small but he is fast and agile. Those are good qualities for any dragon. Figure out his strengths and run with it...or fly I suppose." That would make much more sense..we are not whers..we do NOT run, Torath snorted at him softly. He gave Torath a look and said, "Don't you snort at me mister! I corrected myself." He was terribly amused with the bronze's response, considering how Torath felt about the little beats.

Torath rumbled and gave the little blue a bit of a nuzzle. Alright. I am sure one day they will stop, you just need to show them you have had enough. And I will gladly help. He snorted softly and flicked his tail slightly in the water, gave a bugle when he was splashed. He dipped his muzzle in the water, sucked in a mouthful of water, then lifted his head, water dripping everywhere and made a display of spraying said mouthful of water all around Teegarth. He then gave a croon and made several waves around Teegarth as he dropped beneath the water, diving down, rolling around under the water smoothly before resurfacing a ways away with a roar and spray of water.

N'kal had to give a bit of a laugh at Torath's antics as well as Teegarths. When Silute spoke he gave another chuckle and nodded. "I would say so. If you ever loose track of him, I'd have to say check the water first, he could easily hide there for hours and no one would know!" He listened as Silute answered him then gave a shrug. "Blasted little beasts...I suppose if they are reappearing it means they are healthy again..but the one thing in all of Pern that scares me...is losing that great bronze beast. I can't bring myself to trust that the firelizards aren't still sick."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Silute watched Teegarth play in the water with the big bronze Torath.  He was happy that Teegarth was very playful and that their personalities tended to mess well.  Though Silute was a social and caring young man he was also pretty shy when he didn't know people. He noticed that lately his advances of flirting had been very unsuccessful so he had stopped trying.

He wondered if Teegarth would soon pick a green to start chasing he was surprised the blue hadn't even started checking them out. He sure wasn't holding back for Silute's sake. Cause Silute could be a little horny at any given moment and he didn't mind sleeping around at all.

Silute chucked. " Yes, Sir  Teegarth is defiantly my little water baby. Hey no calling me little  teegarth swung his head over to look at Silute for saying the offensive word.  Silute just chuckled softly Sorry Teegarth "correction Teegarth is my big water baby. " Silute grinned  " course that doesn't have the same ring to it.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)