World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

watching a greenrider [A'liran}

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin noticed A'liran in the dinning hall. He remembered seeing him around but never meet him. But he remembered that I'shan talked about this particular rider before. He desided to bite the bullet and shyly went over to meet then man. But first he had to watch and wait for the right moment. He was kindof nervous but knew that B'jin said they should meet others specially the riders and get to know about them and learn more about dragons and riders.

He brushed his hair back nervously from his face and picked up a plate filling it to the brim. Lana was on his shoulder as usual but Claus was off  somewhere  he wasn't sure where but was sure he would appear when he was hungry and wanted to eat.  He walked over to the table that the man was siting at.  " Hello is this seat taken." Seijin asked softly and quietly. He was a bit unsure how he would react to being disturbed but he hoped for the best.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran was bored, and he hated being bored. He sat alone in the dining hall, having arrived a bit late to sit with his usual group of friends. He poked at his food, grimacing at how cold it had become, and pushed back from the table. He considered getting up and moving on, but the gnawing in his stomach reminded him that he probably needed to eat, even if he wasn't overly pleased with his options.

Maybe he was just focusing on the food because he didn't have anything else to focus on. Fate, however, seemed keen on remedying that. When someone small seated himself beside the greenrider, his first reaction was to draw up and spin threateningly in the intruder's direction. However, instead of seeing Z'ia as he expected, A'liran instead saw a younger man whom he was unfamiliar with.

"Oh," A'liran said, his surprise showing, though it was not displeasure. So it wasn't Z'ia. Cool.

"Nope," A'liran said, spinning back into his prior position and lifting his  mug of klah. "You ain't bothering me. What's your name?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin  smiled brightly  at A'liran  " I'm Seijin one of the  current candidates." He introduced himself softly. " I've seen you around your one of the greenriders right?" He asked softly sure he had gotten the dragon color right for this particular riders.  He snuck Lana a bit of food where she perched on his shoulder to keep her quiet as he studied the man  beside him.

He brushed the stray strand of hair behind his ear as it feel forward in his face. He seemed a bit nervous since he never spoke to this rider before. But Seijin was ever curious about others and wanted to get to know them. Though he wasn't always sure how to go about doing it. " Weyrling Master B'jin  suggested to  us in one of our classes that we could talk with riders and get thier stories about their own impressions. May I be bold enough to  ask about yours? " He asked shyly. "its ok if you rather not. its just curiosity on my part." he rushed on quickly. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran raised a brow. "Impression stories, huh? B'jin's gettin' into some mushy stuff," he commented with a light chuckle. B'jin was a softie deep inside, wasn't he?

The greenrider took another drink and shrugged. "I guess. There's not much to it, though. I failed clutch after clutch for two turns before I finally impressed Astoreth," he said. He laughed almost cruelly, oblivious to the severe expression that suddenly crossed his face. "She was a small egg. I'd touched her egg. Gave me a snappy feeling, like it wanted to fight."

He sighed fondly and rolled his eyes. "Fiery little bitch, she is. She gave me that atittude right off the bat, and I sharidng love her, even if she is a green." Not that A'liran didn't love greens. It was what a green dragonet bought to her rider that worried him. He wanted to make one very important point to the young man, though.

"You know, you have a 50% chance of walkin' off those sands with a green. It'll ruin your sharding life," he said. He leaned closer, with absolutely no respect for the boy's personal space.

"But I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin listened softly as A'liran related the story of how he meet his green from the touch of the egg to when she hatched.  He wondered vaguely if the dragon firery personality matched its riders or if that was reversed.

Seijin swallowed softly as  A'liran leaned in  closer to him. He noticed that the rider was really close inside his space. He couldn't help but noticed that the man was very good looking he licked his lips softly trying to pull  his mind from the gutter that it fell into.  Course every since he sleep with I'shan for that one night of learning.  He though about things like that more and more now. His face colored  lightly as the pink flushed across his face and to the tip of his ears.  " why would it ruin you life?" Seijin asked softly he just had to ask he needed to know the answer to that question. He knew that he  was a likely candidate for a green  it was mentioned to him.  But then you never knew till they hatched just what you would get. 

He relaxed slightly as  A'liran said he wouldn't trade her for the world though. It made him happy to know that even though he though it was hard  the love for her was still there which means it probably went in reverse as well. She loved her rider as well.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran smirked. He could see the haze of lust lurking behind the young man's eyes, and that was just awesome. Ali loved being desired. He loved being pursued. He loved the fact that his mere closeness was enough to make this kid blush! Ali's smile widened and  he winked, slinking back into his seat and leaning lightly on one elbow.

"Why would it ruin your life?" A'liran asked. He laughed lightly, the seemingly-flippant gesture tainted by a hint of underlying pain. If only he'd been warned back in the day! He'd never trade Astoreth, nor even blame her sweet green hide for a bit of the trouble their bond had befallen him. It wasn't the green dragon's fault. It was the people.

"Blueriders, kid. Bronze and brown, too," A'liran said, nodding sagely. "Has your weyrling master talked about flights? Has he told you what happens afterwards?" There was a long pause. "...and sometimes out of flights completely?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin tried to get his heart-rate to calm down as A'liran sat back in his seat. He ran his fingers threw his hair again brushing it back from his face. 

Seijin blushed brightly. He could feel the heat spread across his cheeks yet again. " Yes in class we did talk about flights and some of the things that could happen. But is it really all bad. " Seijin couldn't believe that all blue riders were bad he had faith in one particular    but he did listen to A'liran with a open mind. "Sometimes it can be good, I refuse to believe that it will all be a terrible fate to befall someone. I have to believe that and want to believe it. "

Seijin reached up and brushed finger tips  against his cheek softly. " Have you never had someone to reach out and just want you because of who you are?  You said you never would give her up for the world so i hope there were some good moments for you both. " He said softly almost tenderly.  He meant it as well he didn't want to think that the greenrider's life was always so terrible.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Optimism. That was nice to hear. A'liran chuckled a little bit and nodded, not reacting to the soft hand brushing against his cheek. A'liran was a defensive man. He didn't trust anyone, much less some random kid. At the same time, though, A'liran often clamored loudly for recognition. He was a firebreather, calling out for people to acknowledge greenriders for what they ought to be. He wasn't used to actually getting what he asked for, and so easily at that! Too easy. He recoiled.

"You're a good kid," A'liran said. "I'm not tryin' to scare you. I'm just telling you what I wish my weyrling master had told me," he said. He started to take another bite of his foot, but screw it. He pushed the plate away.

"You're right. It's not always bad," he said. "Flights can be fun. They're like this...ultimate sort of freedom." His blood ran hot at the thought. A'liran loved the sensation that came with it. "It makes you feel powerful and free. But here's the thing; those blue and brownriders ought to be thanking us for what we give them. They ought to treat us like we're beautiful, but most of them don't. Some of them do...but most of them don't" He was exaggerating, but he hardly believed so. He spoke from his own experience, which was tainted and biased from his own hard times.

He looked to Seijin again and sneered. "...You just have to be ready for it. I hope that's not what happens to you, though. I hope if you Impress a green, you get treated right...and I hope if you Impress anything else, then you'll actually have a shred of sharding respect."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin pulled back he worried that he had offended the rider. He curled his feet up into his chair and watched A'liran quietly for a moment. " Don't worry you haven't scared me " Seijin replied softly " But you have given me  lots more things to think on and learn from. I would never want to be someone that was feared just because of who chose me  on the sands.  And there may come a time when I do get myself hurt over something.  But I hope that it never will change who I am.  "

Seijin tips his head to the side. He notices that A'liran pushes his plate away from him  " I'm very sorry I interrupted you meal. I guess I should of waited to ask about these things I didn't know that I would ruin your appetite over asking. " Seijin felt bad he though it was all his fault that A'liran had stopped eating and pushes his plate aside. He wiggled nervously feeling a bit like a errant child instead of the young man that he was.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Nah, kid," A'liran said, unconcerned with his meal. "Food's crap. You don't have anything to do with that," he assured Seijin, turning away from the table once more to focus his full attention on Seijin.

"You keep that attitude, then. It's amazing how many people forget all about the people they knew before they Impress...who recategorize their classmates based on the dragon they Impressed. It's a factor, but they're the same sharding people. It won't be much more than a talking point at first, but I remember once the dragons started to grow up...well, we started being objects to them. It was even worse for the poor girls, but it didn't take long for the blues and browns to see no difference," he grumbled.

He crossed his arms. "It's worth it, though. Like I said, kiddo...I wouldn't trade Ast for the biggest bronze on Pern."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"oh thats good" Seijin gets flustered " I mean its not good that the food is nasty just good that its not my doing that made you lose your will to eat. " Seijin hurries to explain. He finding himself a bit more talkative when he get nervous or flustered.

" I'll be happy with  whoever chooses me if i am ever lucky to be chosen. I starting to worry though i've stood a few times now and nothing. Maybe I'm just not ready. " Seijin looked up at A'liran. " Its funny though, I guess that when it happens that all things change wither you want them to or not. Cause you can't stop the people around you from changing for better or worse. Even if you stay exactly as you are. "

"Its good to know you  wouldn't give her up that you don't have any doubts on that.  I think that might even be the most important thing to know that there will always be someone there to not be alone anymore. But its also a scary thing to think about to  for those who never felt it. " Seijin smiles up at A'liran.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran listened patiently. "You sound like me, kid," he said, eyeing the food with mistrust before finishing off his klah. He appreciated the optimism, but he wondered if Seijin had comprehended a word he'd said before. This wasn't about people changing. This was about people turning on each other.

"I was ready to take over the world with my baby green.  Everything was fine when she was little. Everyone compared what they got, of course, and became conscious of the way the mature riders treated one another...and well, my classmates saw blue and brownriders walkin' all over greens and they thought 'well, damn! I wanna do that, too!'." He shook his head.

"You be better than that, right kid?" He gave a flat smile. "And don't worry. The search dragon wouldn't have pulled you if you didn't belong on a dragon. I had to wait a damn long time for mine, but not everyone does," he commented. He remembered how much it burned him to see people Impressing on their first try. "I'm sure you've heard that before, but everyone'll say the same cause it's always true, no matter how many times you say it. There's a dragon waiting for you, but it doesn't always come right away. Sometimes, it takes a while...sometimes it comes before you know you're ready."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Conratulations Seijin, you found a clue!

Clue 02:

Beneath the table, your foot bumps into a crumpled piece of paper. If you choose to inspect it, you notice that it's a neatly-written list of ingredients. One in particular sticks out to you: Tansy, a well-known poison. A strong variety of the plant grows here in the south. It became well known in 231 after Master Healer Talian used it in a suicide attempt.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Its a shame really that others would feel that way just cause others do something don't mean you have to do it. Last time i looked we weren't a bunch of herdbeasts just following the leader each of us has something special about them. There no reasons for the lack of respect. But then what do i know i'm just a child compared to all of the riders. " Seijin sighed softly.

He heard a rumple when his foot hit something under the table and reached down and picked it up. Seijin being ever curious  opened it up  assuming it was probably a note someone wrote and then meant to discard. He smoothed it out neatly and read the wrinkled list.

Seijin's eyes widen and he looks to his companion wondering if he should show him. He looked down again at the paper knowing that he better hold onto it specially since the word toward the top popped out to him. A word he was close enough to of heard weyrmaster B'jin say before he moved off when the bronze had tore into the healing hall.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I hear ya on that," A'liran said, shaking his head slowly. "...You know, kid, I like your chances. I'm not a searchrider..." The word was filled with a slight measure of hatred. "...But I like your chances just the same. You're positive and friendly, and I bet the dragonets will love that." He was making it up as he went, really. He was anything but positive and only selectively friendly, and yet Astoreth had come for him. Maybe it was just his luck. He waits for turns, gets slapped with a green, and look what it got him!

Something else soon caught the greenrider's attention. He leaned over, eyes narrowing at the crumpled piece of paper Seijin had collected. "What's that?" A'liran asked.

He scanned it quickly as Seijin unfolded it. A somewhat surprised expression crept onto his previously bland features. "...Well what dumbass would be stupid enough to just leave that? Shards, you think that's real, kid?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin looked up at A'liran his eyes betraying his nervousness as he looked again at the paper and back to the greenrider. " I have no idea if it real or not. But it is crumbled up like trash and  looks like it may of been lost so there might be a possibility of it being for real. "

" The big question is do we bring it to someones attention or not?" Seijin wasn't sure he didn't hear good things about S'kef specially after the rider had whipped B'jin  before  so he'd be nervous to bring something like this to the man's attention. Specially if it was something someone planted for fun.  He though about  I'shan he trusted him totally but he hadn't seen him out and about  and wasn't sure if he should  find and disturb him. He could be with the mate he spoke of and he wouldn't wanna interrupt them. 

He looked back and A'liran and asked the question burning in his mind. " Do you think that brownrider S'kef would  punish someone if they took something like this to him and it turned out to be  you know  untrue?" Sure Seijin had been licked plenty of times by his father for misbehaving but he never been whipped like he had seen publicly.  That just terrified him. " Truthfully I'm not sure if  he can be trusted after seeing what he can do to another rider like that." Seijin admits softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran scowled. "Lemme see that," he said, scooting closer to examine the paper. He didn't recognize the handwriting. He frowned, tilting his head to one side and then the other, trying to think of who was stupid enough to just leave this out in the open. Was the assassination attempt engineered by idiots? Shards, it just seemed so asinine!

Seijin's nervous question roused anger in the greenrider. He was no fan of D'ren and had yet to decide exactly how he felt about the whole situation; he didn't like D'ren and had often flippantly wished death on the man, but now that he saw it actually happening, he wasn't sure if he meant it. Plus, even if he did, S'kef was ten times worse.

He held his hand out. "...I'll take it to him," he said. He'd gotten in trouble plenty of times, been lashed more than once. He wasn't scared of delivering a stupid found message to the asshole, and there was no reason to risk this poor kid being in that position. "I won't even tell him who found it, if you don't want me to."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smoothed it out more and moved back so that A'liran could see it better. He watched as he read it and appeared to study it.  He blushed brightly he bet A'liran though of him as a child now to be so fearful of delivering a suspicious note to  the brownrider. 

Seijin didn't have much contact with D'ren so had no idea how he felt about the man being so sick. But he wouldn't wish the dragon to suffer so because of a rider being sick. Since he was stolen he was unhappy at first but as he began to  learn about the dragons and meet the others hear his option changed quickly. He never once resented D'ren or K'ren for taking him.

Seijin looked up at A'liran as he said he'd take the note and obediently held out the note to the greenrider.  Seijin gulped nervously.  He didn't want the greenrider to get into trouble either. That wouldn't be fair of him and  Seijin would feel  totally guilty if he found that the greenrider was hurt because of him. " y you don't have to do that you know . I wouldn't want you to get in trouble either.  I'm not worth getting in trouble for"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran gave a playful smirk and attempted to snatch the note. "Don't you worry your cute head over it, bud," the greenrider said, looking over the note and shrugging almost flippantly. "I'm not afraid of that old bastard. And besides, I've been in trouble before. That brownrider has had his sick fun with me more than once...You're up for Impression, though. No reason wherry shit like this should bruise your chances, kiddo. Let me take care of it."

He smiled, almost mischievously. "Ol' S'keffy is no problem," he said. "You just leave him to me." He folded the note and tucked it into his pocket before smiling, once again with a horribly mischievous air.  was looking forward to a chance to exchange words with the new 'Weyrleader'.

"Weyrleader indeed," he scoffed out loud. He crossed his legs and shook his head. "S'kef's gonna get what's coming to him, I figure. He may think he's on top of the world, but I don't think the bronzeriders will tolerate a brown Weyrleader for long..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin just had to smile at A'liran as he reached for the note.  He sounded so sure and confident that seijin  was impressed with the greenrider. He wished he could be that brave but he was nervous about crossing the scary brownrider for any reason.  He tried not to worry since A'liran told him that he shouldn't.

"Yes Sir, I'll leave him to you clearly you know what your doing. " Or at least Seijin hoped he did. Seijin defiantly had a healthy respect for the greenrider now though. He nodded when he heard A'liran say that the bronze riders would not stand for S'kef being the weyrleader for long. "I think your right" He knew that was right there was gonna be unrest among them he heard whispers of gossip going threw the weyr. But nothing he would repeat of course.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I'll figure it out," A'liran said in reply. He wasn't worried, at least not too much. He imagined Seijin's concern was born of over-caution, but when dealing with a snake like S'kef, there was not really any such thing. No need for this innocent kid to stick his neck out in the line of fire.

"I'll take that over in a little while," he muttered, not worried about it for the time being. He wasn't in any hurry. He shrugged, then grinned. "Speakin' of bronzes and browns," he said, "Tell me about your classmates. Who do you think is going to Impress what? I hear I'shan is banking on one of his girls Impressing a blue," he said. He personally didn't see it. That girl was far too motherly to Impress a blue.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled at A'liran  "well since we just guessing mind you. Talian I envision that if he did impress he’d get a blue instead of a  green. Now Sanderon I was thinking maybe a blue or possibly even a brown. which would put a lot of people on the alert.  Farlint I am guessing  for blue of course.  Kerrin I think maybe a green though I know very  little about him.

With the girls let’s see Ellaira I thinking a green. Jazira possibly a green I honestly don’t see her on any other color but I probably could be wrong . Eloria defiantly a green but let’s see Indivara I think would get a blue as well but I don’t think she would be happy at all about it.

I don’t really know much about most of the others. So I can’t even hazard a guess as to which ones they would impress at all.  Course knowing my luck I’m probably off the mark for many of the ones I guessed at.  Having only seen some of them in class makes it hard to get to know their personalities and desires and things of that nature. So making a guess based on just what you have observed  is shaky at best.

"Did you imagine that you would get a green or were you hoping for something else?" He asked A'liran softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran found it charming how much thought Seijin put in to the simple question. Dragonriders always loved to speculate over who would Impress what, but the candidates' opinions on the matter were often even more interesting. They knew less about dragons and had less experience guessing matches, but their gut instincts were surprisingly good sometimes! Plus they were more in touch with their classmates.

A'liran snorted. "That Talian isn't going to Impress. Kid's a headcase, poor little bastard," he said. And if he did, A'liran added silently, that doormat kid was a green for sure. It was better that he not!

"Sanderon? Blue or brown? I can see that," he said, sneering somewhat. That kid reminded him of himself, and he wasn't sure how he felt about this.

"He was searched by that piece of shit I'shan, and his dragon pretty much only picks out green and blueriders from what I hear." He shrugged harmlessly. Of course, he had no idea that Seijin was fond of I'shan. Even if he had known, the comment wouldn't have been designed to cause offense. It was just a comment. A'liran was abrasive that way. He smirked. "...Same for Farlint. I bet you're right."

Hmm, who else?

"I don't know anything about the girls. Damn Weyrleader did his best to keep em off the sands, didn't he?" He snorted derisively. "Oh well. I wish em luck. You're probably right there too, though...greens for all of em. It takes a girl with huge balls to attract a blue, they say." And out of that set, Indivara was it.

The next question earned a moment of consideration from the vulgar greenrider. Had he expected a green? "I had no idea," he confessed. "I mean, by that point I knew all the implications and all the trends...But I guess I never envisioned myself as the type. I was a little surprised. It didn't matter anymore, though. As soon as she spoke her name it was just....wow..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"So your saying that at the actually moment the world just went silent and it was all about her. Your complete focus was on the newly hatched dragon.  It seems all romantic when you think of it that way. And then afterwards the fun really begins.  kind of like when my firelizards hatched. That magical moment when the shell cracked and the tiny  lizard popped out and then the madness started the hunger the demanding. Least claus and lana didn't hatch on the same day I think i'd be very overwhelmed. " Seijin said softly.  He reached up and rubs Lana head as she always hid perched on his shoulder.  Claus was probably off in his quarters causing mischief as usual.

He looked over at  A'liran when he said what he did about I'shan. He remembered that I'shan said that things were not always good when there were flights  but he wondered what happened to make A'liran have such a low opinion of I'shan.  Seijin filed it away for later though he'd be careful about bringing him up around A'liran. It would be bad manners to bring it up and to ask. If A'liran wished him to know he would tell him. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran chuckled. "Well, if you think those fire lizards are great, just you wait till you get your dragon..." he said. He eyed the little green with interest. Ali had been cautious and apprehensive of fire lizards at first, but over time he'd come to find them distantly amusing. He even sort of wanted one, though it wasn't something he planned on going out of his way to obtain.

He couldn't help but approve of the little green. "Greens have a lot of spunk, don't they?" he said with a bit of a smirk. "She looks good on ya." He reached out with one finger, attempting to poke the little green. "They're the most beautiful, if you ask me...and they do beautiful things for the rest of em. It's a crying shame things go the way they do..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Lana chirped softly in greeting as she noticed that A'liran reach out his hand she leaned her head in and rubbed against his hand lightly. Then a sound of contentment was heard  she liked people and liked anyone that Seijin liked most of all. Though if anyone threatened Seijin she might not be as pleasant.

Seijin chuckled " Looks like she gave you her stamp of approval. " He smiled at A'liran and chuckled softly.  Surprising enough she the calm one I have a brown Claus and he nothing but mischievous. He's probably gonna show up soon though to eat.

Sure enough the brown happened at the moment to plop down from seemingly out of nowwhere and land on the table.  He walked over to Seijin and held up his clawed foot as if begging.  Seijin hurried up and  handed him one of the rolls he put in his pocket.  "Be nice now Claus" he warned softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran let out an amused snort. "Well, look at that," he said, admittedly charmed by the little green. Maybe these things aren't so bad he thought inwardly, greeted by a soft comment from Astoreth. I haven't gotten sick yet she said with dry amusement. She found her little cousins charming, but that was about it. She wasn't overly interested, but there was plenty of Ali to go around. She figured she could share a small piece of her feisty rider with a fire lizard if she must.

Somewhere in the distance, Astoreth yawned and went to sleep. Ali almost felt himself fall into her torpor when the tiny brown appeared, startling the greenrider as he landed on the table. "Oh! Hah!"

A'liran smiled. "They're pretty cute," he said. "I didn't want em around Astoreth at first, but so far it looks like everything is going to be okay..." Maybe, if their numbers remained steady, he would look into getting one. He thought he'd look pretty snazzy with a little companion on his shoulder, and it would be an amazing Z'ia-lookout!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin nodded  " Yes, I know many people who were quite nervous when they first arrived and it is very understandable.  I've been trying to keep them calm and not to cause any undue attention to themselfs specially when i'm in class. I know weyrling Master B'jin didn't seem to care for them much at first either.  But I guess as long as Lana her behaves and don't make waves she won't get banished from my shoulder anytime soon. she can be quite the little charmer."

Course now that the little cousins are around we learning to take much better care of our own dragons specially our class. We have some ideas now that would of eluded us before cause of taking care of the firelizards. " He said quietly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Eh," A'liran said casually, slumping forward onto his elbows and eyeing the little creatures with mild interest. "I can see how they would be useful. You're wise to keep them on a low profile for now, but people haven't been as uptight as I expected," he commented. He watched the little green in particular, admiring her delicate form and subtle movements. She really was quite cute, and so similar to his own Astoreth when she had been a hatchling!

I do think I want one he decided, his attitude expressed only with a passing smile. I suppose I can consent to that Astoreth replied loftily, but he paid her no attention. You're such a priss!

With that, A'liran rose to his feet. He lifted his tray and carefully untangled himself from the bench. "Well, nice meetin' you, kid. I have to go take care of some things, but I hope I helped." A lot of people were betting on this candidate going for a blue or green. Either way, Ali hoped his words had helped in some way. Pern could use some more optimists, though...

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Its been nice meeting you as well Sir. " Seijin replied  "You have helped a great deal. Thank you so much for your time. I appreciated it very much. " He said with all honestly. He found that he liked this green rider. He smiled brightly as the rider rose to head about with his tasks. He did worry slightly about what would happen when he went to take in that paper but  A'liran told him not to worry about it so he wasn't going to. He seemed to have it well in hand and  Seijin  was gonna trust him at his word.

Seijin  motioned  Claus to hop up on his arm before picking up his own stuff and heading out back to his room. He had a lot of things to think about and wanted to take time to reflect on everything.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)