World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Romance...What's That Again? [J'ver]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"Sit down, love."

It still felt strange to use endearments. S'kef had used them for his old weyrmate many turns ago, but ever since then, such words seemed to turn to ash in his mouth. He still hadn't found one that perfectly suited his adorable J'ver, but he was content that he'd find one eventually. He twitched a bit in self-depreciation as he seated himself across from the greenrider.

It was getting late. The food was still hot and they were far from alone, but the dining hall was far less crowded than it was even an hour before. It was an ideal time to sit down and enjoy the food before it got too cold. The others would trickle out slowly, gradually leaving S'kef and the object of his affection alone in the glowlight. S'kef smiled, trying his best to appear sweet and civil, though he expected his effort would only amuse his partner.

"So," S'kef said, corking their wine before pouring some for J'ver first. "Are you as sharding sick of T'shiro as I am?" The brownrider was really at his wit's end with that buffoon. He shook his head and sipped at his wine, trying his best to keep his complaints confined to his inside voice.

Wing practice had been rough lately. After the flight with B'jin, which everyone saw the results of, S'kef was even more hated than usual. Everyone liked B'jin, and this monster had hurt him! What was worse, though, was what followed. S'kef had made a point of holding hands with J'ver before and after the next practice, finally confirming the entire weyr's long-held suspicions. They'd received a few congratulations, but far more mockery, even some threats. They were both disliked, and while S'kef was perfectly happy to be disliked together, but he'd come close to decking a couple people for J'ver's sake.

He'd get them eventually. No one insulted his greenrider.

T'shiro was a problem, too. His barking had never been muzzled, and S'kef was starting to suspect the bronzerider knew what he thought of him. S'kef didn't care, but he actively dreaded the day the damn fool tried to call him out. That was going to be a fight. S'kef was doing his best to take it in stride, though. He suspected R'nya favored him over the damned bronzerider, so for now he would play nice.

Playing nice was so sharding hard sometimes. After an entire day of it, nothing hit the spot quite like bitching about one's wingmates with his weyrmate, though.

His official weyrmate. S'kef playfully kicked J'ver's foot under the table. "So, Jai. I'm sick of my hut eing vandalized."

He raised a brow, R'nya style. "...So I think I'm going to start sharing yours. What do you say?"

Ugh. Bad delivery. He smiled, but it looked more like baring his teeth.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
J’ver nearly tripped over his own feet when he heard such a term of endearment come from his brownrider. It was so odd and he wasn’t sure he liked it. In fact, it made him a bit nervous, thinking he was about to be in trouble for something. He carefully eyed S’kef before slowly sitting down and finally accepting the glass of wine. A slow sip was taken though icy blue eyes never left S’kef’s face as J’ver tried to figure out what was coming. He almost laughed when the hatred of T’shiro came up and J’ver finally fully relaxed since he wasn’t in danger of being tongue lashed.

While S’kef did his best to refrain from giving voice to all of his complaints, J’ver wasn’t nearly as kind that evening and spoke honestly though in low tones as he wasn’t in the mood to have to deal with any T’shiro sympathizers. “Possibly more so. He’s a little boy playing in a man’s world. I can’t even begin to fathom what D’ren was thinking when he made that assignment.” A bronze dragon was wasted on that man, that was for certain. In fact, J’ver would have pegged him as a bluerider if they had met before T’shiro had Impressed. There was just the right type of air around the man that gave off a lazy and irresponsible attitude that simply didn’t mesh with the shiny hide of the dragon he hid behind.

Another sip of wine was taken to stop himself from rambling on about every single fault their wingsecond had since, while J’ver enjoyed pointing out the flaws people had, he actually wasn’t in the mood to continue devoting so much time to such a man. S’kef’s sudden jump to the vandalism of his hut brought J’ver around to the interesting turn the population had taken in regards to him. He knew he wasn’t well-liked and it never bothered him since forming attachments with anyone always seemed like a waste of time. Everyone used everyone; that was a fact of life. To have given so much of himself to S’kef had been a shock but in the end J’ver had convinced himself they were still using each other but with a few more emotions attached to their actions than he was used to. That was fine; S’kef had always been the exception to the rules, hadn’t he?

But to have more greenriders ask him why he stayed with such a cruel brownrider while others just sneered in disgust and openly avoided him was a bit uncalled for. It was rather rude of them to judge him even though J’ver judged and mocked each and every one of them daily. “I’m sorry, what?” J’ver was snapped out of his musings and plotting slight revenge on some of the more annoying of riders around him when S’kef mentioned, well, what had he mentioned? The brownrider wanted to share his hut? Share it, how?

Oh.

J’ver quietly set the glass down on the table and folded his hands in his lap as he silently observed S’kef for a moment. Was the man looking for a built in maid? That’s what it sounded like with the way he mentioned his dislike of his hut being vandalised, something that would have to be cleaned up every time. No, that didn’t seem quite right. While he could see S’kef leaving the cleaning to his adorable greenrider, J’ver didn’t see that as a motivating factor behind such a decision as to… as to…

Live together.

He loved S’kef in his bed but could he handle S’kef constantly in his space, sharing everything he owned, and invading the quiet moments of privacy he often enjoyed while sewing or after a long bath with a cup of tea in hand? But, mates lived together, didn’t they? This was the natural progression of something he had demanded they go with. S’kef confessed his feelings, J’ver made it clear he didn’t want to share with green whores, and now… now they shared a hut.

Besides, it didn’t sound like he had much room for negotiations with the way S’kef so bluntly, albeit awkwardly, put it.

“When would you like to put this thought of yours into action?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef had to admit that he liked J'ver's nervousness. He didn't usually try to provoke it, but it was an empowering sight. It stood as proof that J'ver was a good boy and still knew a greenrider's proper place. S'kef wouldn't have had it any other why, and while the notion of forcibly re-taming his sweet J'ver was not a pleasant one, he wouldn't have hesitated to do it if he thought the poor dear was getting cocky.

He watched silently as J'ver commented on T'shiro, smiling at the greenrider's biting tongue. S'kef hated people, too, but it was more fun to listen to J'ver tear them apart than to actually do it himself. J'ver was much cuter and so very dignified when he insulted people. S'kef admired his pet quietly, nodding in agreement before making his proclamation and waiting for the realization to set in.

It was cute, how long it took for J'ver to piece it together. Th thought process, however, was the same. This was what mates did. S'kef was making some big concessions, too! He was happy to make them, but he was putting his foot down on this one.

He wanted his pet close to him at all times.  He wanted control.

Of course, S'kef liked his private time as much as J'ver did, so he wouldn't breathe down his pet's neck too much. It would be nice to have someone to clean up for him, though.

S'kef leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, shrugging casually. "By the end of the turn?" he inquired, though that was his long estimate. "Or sooner." As soon as possible.

He looked around, taking note of the thinning crowd. Hopefully they'd be gone soon. Then he could talk about the really important stuff. Domestic issues would suffice for now, though. "We may as well, at this point. Yours is nicer than mine and I'm never at home anyhow." He hadn't been home much since the flight with Larikith. That whole incident reminded the brownrider of just how unfathomably attached he'd become to this sneaky little brat before him.

S'kef lifted his wine glass and took another sip. "...Besides, it will be very advantageous one I become Wingsecond, don't you think?" He smirked and sipped at his wine again. "That idiot bronzerider will never know what hit him."

That would teach that bronzerider who not to fuck with.

"Are you excited?"

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver knew while it sounded like he was being given options and a choice in the matter, he really wasn’t. The moment S’kef said ‘Or sooner.’ The greenrider understood that was what would happen. He imagined within the next few days he would see S’kef’s items all around his hut, taking up his space, his drawers, his neat and orderly arrangement. The thought made him a bit twitchy and another sip of wine was taken to help steady his nerves before something horrible was said and he not only had a cranky brownrider on his hands but a punishment might follow. “Sooner would be nice,” he finally managed to agree with a hint of a smile and a slight nod of his head as if he had given his royal blessing on the matter.

It likely was a good idea and something that would benefit them both. S’kef already spent more time there than he used to and J’ver was warming up to the idea. True, it was mostly because it was easy access for sex any time it was desired on either end but it also made working on their plans easier to do. If an idea came to them, they could speak about it in that moment rather than a dragon-relay for meeting up or going to the other’s hut to work out details. And while S’kef was a typical manly man that couldn’t remember to put his muddy boots outside or clean up his dishes, J’ver was starting to believe it wouldn’t be too much of a hindrance to his current lifestyle. After all, he sometimes cleaned up after S’kef in either location as it was in order to earn points and keep the man’s favour earlier in their relationship.

“You bring up an excellent point. I can’t say I object to the idea of being thoroughly attached to the wingsecond,” yes, having them live together would be the final proof that they were properly mated and it would stop foolish girls from sniffing around his brownrider as well.

“Oh, I’m very excited for the fall of one and the rise of another,” J’ver returned the smirk and slowly ran the side of his foot up S’kef’s leg in a subtle touch of flirtation. The thought of them receiving any level of power once again was a turn on just as much as watching someone hated fall out of grace was. Many would call him twisted but J’ver called it comfortable in his own skin and knew what he liked.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef knew what he liked as well, and a cute, clever, thoughtful little greenrider was high on his list. He smirked a bit, pleased by the implications lurking in J'ver's voice and even more pleased by his lack of protest. J'ver was a good boy and knew better than to argue. This arrangement was going to be perfect.

"You're too sweet," S'kef said teasingly, smirking at the subtle gesture and returning it with a gentle pass of his own foot. S'kef was not a subtle man, but he was coming to enjoy these little public games. It required a different approach than he was used to. It required different rules. It was new and interesting, and as much as S'kef loved dominating his little pet, he liked the occasional surprise as well.

"I'm glad you're excited, though," he said, poking at his food a little bit as he glanced to the left and right. The crowd was starting to thin out.  "You won't have to wait much longer. Think of all the wonderful things I'll be able to give you," he said, eyes widening and a cruel smile creeping across his face. It felt good to me ambitious again. It felt good to look towards the future with a purpose, not only for himself but also for his beloved greenrider. S'kef wanted the very best, and J'ver deserved it...

"So, J'ver. While it's on my mind, I was wondering about this trusted friend of yours?" he asked, raising a brow inquiringly. If J'ver trusted the man in question, S'kef trusted him, too. "Any word on that? If you think he's right, I'll go have a chat with him once the meal is done. Where shall I go, or will he come to me?"

He lifted his wine and finished it off. It was dry and yet rich, an absolute delight, but nothing like what he and J'ver would enjoy in the near future. Well, assuming he got his way. He hadn't gotten his way in some time now, but that was all the more reason to do it right this time.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

What S’kef could give him when all was said and done hardly left his mind since the idea was proposed to him. There had been a brief moment of hesitation, a doubt that it might backfire and they’d be truly left without while everyone laughed at their failure. It didn’t last long, however, when J’ver’s confidence burst through and destroyed the doubt. It would be a fun challenge to set into motion but once it was; it was going to be perfect and leave them both quite happy. An easy life was within reach once again! J’ver was almost giddy over the realisation but he remained composed, both in public and especially when with S’kef. He’d show his enthusiasm but it would be better controlled. “I know. Just as I know you’re the only one capable of fulfilling my needs.” He smirked, twisting the words that were more materialistic in nature into those of a far more sexual nature. The brownrider had turned out to be the only one who did in fact know what was needed or wanted.

The final swig of wine was taken before J’ver set the glass down, fingers toying with it for a moment before replying to the inquiry over his friend. “Worry not, for your reliable J’ver has already arranged for that. You will meet with him tonight though.” J’ver didn’t want to give out too many specifics. The crowd was thinning but it was hard to say who was still listening. He doubted most would be brave enough to inch close enough to overhear anything but it paid to be cautious. After Talian ratting him out and ruining everything, J’ver was extra suspicious of everyone and what was said in public. “Only keep in mind what I said. He can be …playful, but he can provide exactly what is needed.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef winked. That was good to know.

"Just think," he said, voice lowering, "how easy it will be for you. No more humiliating wing practices and no more howling from that dog T'shiro." The brownrider practically purred as he spoke, as proud himself as if he'd already succeeded. "I  do forsee a few potential problems, though. More from brownriders than other bronzeriders." His eyes widened subtly and he gave a firm nod, trusting that J'ver would know of whom he spoke.

"But that's a concern for another day. I want you to sleep easy, knowing that soon no one will ever be able to hurt you again." His lip curled in resentment as he thought about the animals that so harassed his poor pet. J'ver was the perfect greenrider, proper and obedient. He was handsome and polished, poised, polite, clever...he was the model that all those mewling fools should aspire to be! Instead of being admired, he was persecuted by wretches like A'liran and B'jin! And their wingmates were the very worst. Oh, how badly S'kef wanted to tear down those fools for daring to speak ill of his mate!

The anger smoldered in his eyes for a moment as he thought about it. He didn't need to let his emotions get the better of him, though. After all, they were in public. He scowled at nothing in particular and leaned back in his chair.

"...I think that M'bal is especially insufferable. Other than T'shiro, of course." While not exactly a gossip, the brownrider certainly liked taking his anger out on people who couldn't defend themselves. Helpless people were ideal, but absent ones would work in a pinch. Besides, it was best to get back to casual conversation now, and he knew how dearly J'ver enjoyed trashtalking morons.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“When has such an obstacle been a problem for us?” J’ver waved away the issue, completely unconcerned with the brownriders whether they be only one or all of them. S’kef was the only one worth his full attention; all others paled in comparison and were easily trampled on the climb to the top. “But I do love it when you promise me such things.” An easy and pampered life? J’ver couldn’t wait!

Oh, S’kef was talking about something else now? J’ver almost frowned at the subject shift, thinking they needed to spend far more time on the benefits of giving him easy wing practices among other things. But since the subject shift was to complain about and trash-talk other people, J’ver supposed he could go with it. “M’bal is a bronzerider. It shouldn’t surprise you one bit with how he acts.” J’ver clicked his tongue in annoyance at the thought of the man. That was someone that didn’t need to be in any sort of power and J’ver was glad for his hand in making sure he didn’t receive Weyrsecond.

“I hear he likes mingling with weyrlings,” J’ver scrunched up his nose in distaste as he thought about the rumour that was based on a rumour about the two men in question bathing together but quickly realised how S’kef could take his words and added, “green weyrlings. He clearly lacks true ambitions if he hasn’t take an interest in gold. That is still a wonderful investment, by the way.” It certainly didn’t hurt to build relations with all the goldriders and their dragons, even if they were annoying little females.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef nodded almost pleasantly. "He's toast," he replied dismissively. He expected trouble, yes, but he also expected no effort in correcting the situation. He liked the other man, though, and he hoped it wouldn't come to that. Hoping for the best, however, was not something S'kef did lightly. Hoping for the best was a setup for sure failure. He preferred to assume the worst and be flattered when things went easily.

And they could. He was sure of it this time.

He nodded a bit and scowled at J'ver's gossip. "Green weyrlings? Shards," was his only comment. He could hardly believe he'd once held bronzeriders in such esteem, especially when so many of them were sharding fuck ups? M'bal must have fallen off the deep end to be dredging so low. Good!

S'kef shrugged and gave off a smirk. Golds were indeed good company, at least for public opinion. It amused him how the Weyr wriggled after his second victory with Krypth. They trembled, but S'kef wasn't going to leave his and his precious J'ver's futures to chance!

"Good insurance," he said simply. "So, where should I meet this friend of yours?"

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver traced a finger around the lip of his wine glass and hummed confirmation that that was what he had heard. He had yet to dig into the rumours and find the truth, not finding it all that interesting or even worth his while as of yet. Perhaps one day down the line it would be required but for the time being, M’bal barely registered to the greenrider.

“Since Krypth rose so early, I’ll be watching the new golden hope closely in case she shows an inclination to show up the greens as well.” J’ver may not like S’kef in bed with other greenriders but he was all over the idea of his brownrider with gold. They were fairly useless outside of their dragons clutching but one day one of those golden girls would replace the aging Tsuen. It never hurt to at least be in the good graces of the vapid whelps.

“Where would you like to meet my friend? He knows it will be tonight but Rilaleeyth will pass on the location.” J’ver wasn’t sure if S’kef wanted it to be in public or not. He saw more merits in privately meeting than he did in publically, but he wasn’t about to make the assumption and plan it out to what he thought would be better. Some plans were delicate and assumptions could ruin them; something J’ver had learned all too well when he assumed Talian was harmless and didn’t need to be watched when dealing with B’jin. That green whore caused so much trouble!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Here," S'kef said. He knew the choice in question was counter-intuitive and perhaps surprising to his partner. S'kef wasn't actually sure how to explain without saying too much too loudly, but he trusted his pet to trust him and obey.

The hall was quickly emptying. By the time they finished eating, it would be empty and most of the weyr would be home. S'kef and this 'friend' stood a much greater chance of being noticed if one made an uncharacteristic trip to the other's weyr than if he simply stayed put, in the dark, where no one would wander by and even if they did they weren't likely to look twice. There were often late night drinkers in the dining hall. Who would waste the energy to glance a second time and identify them?

But Tyrrisath coming to visit? Or someone unusual visiting  S'kef? Someone would take notice. They would be too curious and gossip-hungry to resist, and S'kef refused to allow the association.

S'kef leaned forward, lightly placing one hand on J'ver's cheek. "Take your time with your meal and our conversation, my pet. Once you are tired, go and send your friend to me. I will be brief, and then follow soon after. I say we give the neighbors something to gossip about tonight, if they intend to be so nosy..." The comment was just a much a hint at his motives for a public meeting as it was flirtation. The brownrider smiled. "And I do trust that if you notice any Talians on your way out, that you'll kindly escort them home."

Shards, he almost hoped it happened. He was in an aggressive mood, and he'd love to have some punk to take it out on. A broken bone or two would shut them up and relieve so much tension. This was, of course, just a wandering daydream. The brownrider knew that everything needed to go perfectly. It must, and it would. They'd made many mistakes already, but they had learned from each one.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)