World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Food for thought [I'shan]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin walked into the dinning hall right on I'shan's heels.  He had to admire the man before him. He though he was a wonderful person and he enjoyed the time he has already gotten to spend with him. Even more now that he is getting to spend more time with him even though they just coming to eat a meal together.  He hoped that maybe they could spend a whole lot more time together now. But he really didn't wanna push his luck.

Seijin was also glad the the firelizards all got along well together. Maybe he could talk I'shan in to bringing Squee by ever one in a while to play with his two little ones. It would give him  a wonderful excuse to see the man more often. He wondered if he should suggest it.  " So I'shan what are you in the mood for? I'm hungry so i probably would eat just about anything right now. I sometimes get absorbed in my work and forget to eat till i pause and take a break and the hunger catches up with me. "

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan had already plowed into the food by the time Seijin spoke up. The bluerider chuckled as he raked various items onto his plate, almost certainly more than he could actually eat.

"I dunno!" I'shan piped in reply to Seijin's question. "Let's find out." He trotted over to the nearest available seats and plopped down, tossing his tray down in front of him. He didn't wait, immediately snatching up a meatroll and taking a small bite of it. "Dude," I'shan said with a shake of his head, "Mine are so much better."

Suddenly, Squee appeared. He landed with an excited trill, diving onto I'shan's plate without wanring and snatching a scrap of meat. I'shan yipped in surprise and watched with amusement, laughing riotously as the fire lizard proudly took off with his prize. I'shan watched, pointing as the creature took off. "Sh-shards! He scared the shards out oe me!" I'shan laughed. He shook his head and looked to his plate, half of which was not scattered on the table.

The bluerider didn't care. He left the bits on the table and started picking at what had gone untouched. "So, how have you been?" I'shan asked, shifting his playful gaze to the younger man. "How are lessons and all that? I remember mine being boring as shards! All I cared about was getting my dragon!"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin watched I'shan make a plate and though to himself that it looked like he was the only one that went hungry at times. "Your's are better maybe you can make me them sometime and I'll get to see how much better they are. " Seijin replied softly giving I'shan a playful wink. 

He sat across from I'shan and  laughed softly as Squee came in and stole from the plate.  He gave Lana a meatroll as she landed on his shoulder and placed one on the table to Claus who followed his friend and then went after squee as he picked up his own prize the two having followed Squee there. He wasn't as suprised to see his two after Squee already surprised them.  " I guess we were not the only ones hungry."  He watched as Lana left to follow the others after eating her prize more daintily.

He smiled back at I'shan as he continued eating. He had to blush a little " classes are going well.  I'm hanging on every word.  B'jin gave us a rundown of future classes and said their might be riders that he'll bring in to some of our talks.  Though there one class in particular I'm not ummm " He blushes softly again " "really ready for just yet. Seems I haven't quite mastered all the expectations of being a  good candidate. Maybe you could help me with that?" He bit his lip softly throwing that out of the blue.

Seijin ran his fingers threw his hair a bit nervously. " but your right they can be boring. cause this is not the first set of lessons i've been threw. .  " they had just had Class on flights earlier that day and they went into it in much more detail then he has in previous lessons.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Shards...Speaking of meatroll and class..." I'shan's words fluttered out almost as an afterthought, his mind wandering in a pseudo-related direction inspired by Seijin's words. I'shan's face brightened. "I should bring a few batches to your classes one day! I bet B'jin would love that. It would give me something to do one afternoon and maybe help everyone perk up a little bit..." He knew some of the poor dears were still miserable, and as a guilt-laden searchrider, he loved anything that could make him feel just a little bit better about his actions.

His mind snapped back to the classes in question. Eyes widened curiously and he tilted his head. 'What class would that be?" he inquired. What could possibly have this sweet kid so flustered? "What do you need my help with?"

He reached for the glass of wine he'd poured and took a long drink. Yeah, it was probably too early, but he didn't care. He was in an amazing mood, and what else could make an amazing mood even more amazing? Booze.  Yes. This was happening.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled " I would most assuredly have to fight for one of them when you bring them to class. But I am sure B'jin would probably love a distraction of food specially if he gets to have some as well. I don't know anyone who would turn down good food. " He chuckled softly " I can see it now."

He wiggled in his seat and looked over at I'shan as he asked about what class he was speaking of. " The class was all about sex  truthfully. I think he covered every topic in the book. And everything I didn't even know about it. He even spoke about flights and sex. " His face colored a little more.

" Worse thing is. Is I've been hearing talk about it. But I um you see. Well I ain't ever done anything at all about it. And the way he been talking and the class that coming up on the rooster next on his list.  Well I'm just a bit worried about it. " Seijin replied softly his voice getting a little lower as he leaned in closer so people around them wouldn't overhear.

" I mean i sure know what it is all about don't get me wrong. But I ain't put it into practice.  So serious can you find it in your heart to ummm help a poor boy out with this umm issue?" He looked over at I'shan nervously. He hoped he wouldn't get upset or run away cause of this but he didn't know anyone else well enough to even bring this up or ask anyone else. He lowered his eyes to the table his heart pounding.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Things had a tendency to fly over I'shan's head. He also had a tendency to make a joke out of everything, to take nothing seriously until something gave away that he should. This was one of those situations, and suddenly I'shan felt very, very stupid.

Seijin's flirting was serious. Well, I'shan had figured it was serious the first time, but I'shan had a reasonable excuse then. Now, well...he hadn't been faithful to N'gelt for months. He supposed nothing was stopping him now, but...wait, why was Seijin asking again if he knew that? Was the kid that stuck on him, or....or was I'shan developing a reputation?

He took another long drink. A reputation? Did he have a reputation as a slut? I believe he is merely fond of you Ilveriath assured his bonded. Please, do not fret

I'shan's blank expression slowly gave way to a smile. "Well...you did make me a new coat," he said, wringing his fingers coyly in his lap while he considered what he was being asked. "...I don't mean to be lukewarm, it's just that, well..." He bit his lip.

"I, err...I was a searchrider. And I still feel bad about it...ruining people's lives and dragging them here..I guess I am worrying about...taking advantage of you. I've already done a lot of damage." He looked away, obviously tempted and conflicted. He wanted to, but he wasn't sure if he should.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin wiggled suddenly feeling very nervous. He liked I'shan and he trusted him. He never would of asked if he didn't have feelings tied into this as well. He really didn't want his first time to be with someone that he didn't care for cause it was more special and more important then that. 

He looked up at I'shan again. " It just that I rather ask someone that I choose rather then have someone randomly chosen for me.  And I do like you and all and trust you as well. I believe that there is no way that you would hurt me.  But I understand if you don't wish to. It is a bit much to be asking when you don't know me all that well." He looked down at his own hands and then ran a hand nervously threw his hair.

Seijin blushes softly and nervously. He was worried that he had chased I'shan away now. " I'm sorry, I've upset you. I never meant to do that. I apologize. But being here with you now its nice and i have complete faith and trust in you. Your not taking advantage. I'm the one who is asking.  "  He started to pick up the mess on the table and put it in his own plate.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Choose someone for you?" I'shan blurted. Damn! He knew B'jin was serious about 'no birgin flights', but that came as a surprise to I'shan. He'd always known the greenrider to be exceedingly modest and even a little shy, so it was hard to imagine him organizing such a thing. I'shan's shock faded quickly, giving way for a little blush and an amused expression.

"B'jin is such a prissy bitch," I'shan said finally, his tone bright and filled with playful affection for his friend. 'But he still knows what's best, I gather! Virgin flights can be bad. I've caught a couple, and they're always so upset."

The bluerider hopped to his feet and quickly helped clean up. He finished off his wine with one gulp and snatched Seijin's plate away, unceremoniously shoving it aside and plopping his own on top of it. He promptly left it, trusting that some unfortunate kitchen worker would deal with it. "C'mon, Seijin," I'shan said, almost as if he'd forgotten the conversation entirely. He skipped ahead, moving to a door and holding it open for Seijin.

"You know,  I'm not sure why they added these extra rooms onto the dining hall. Parties, I guess? That's all I see people use em for," the bluerider commented casually as he kicked the door closed. "Can you push a chair over here?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Yes that is something that I worry about" Seijin replied softly. He had to smile softly as he heard his second reply cause it was both playfully and light. He looked up at I'shan. " so there is merit to his concerns. You know this first hand." He nibbled his bottom lip softly with his teeth.  He still picked at the mess on the table and noticed that I'shan joined him as he spoke. 

Next thing that Seijin noticed was that I'shan took his plate and set it aside with his own. He looked back up at I'shan." Coming, I'shan." He followed after him quickly relieved that he didn't scare him off as he had feared he had done. That was something he really didn't wish to happen to of scared him away from him. He after all didn't have many friends. 

He hadn't noticed the door to the side room before but then he never looked before. He followed I'shan to the door. "Private parties maybe" he suggested softly as he walked threw the door that I'shan held open for him. He watched as I'shan shut the door with his foot. " Yes of course, I'shan" He replied softly and grabbed a chair and pushes it over to the door.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan snickered as he pushed the chair in front of the door, locking the back under the doorknob to ensure that no one could barge in. I'shan was suddenly shamefully amused. Did Seijin even realize what was going on? Had he picked up on it, or was he just going with the flow.

The bluerider spun around and slipepd his fingers under his own shirt, peeling it up and tossing it aside once it was removed. "Well, you make a good point," the bluerider said, taking a cautious but curious step towards the young man. Seijin was kind and easy on the eyes. Since he'd approached first and I'shan figured he owed him a favor, well...why not?

Some part of him was still worried. Had it really become this easy, to just hop into bed with anyone? His mind wandered to N'gelt, who was out there in the Weyr somewhere, doing his job...oblivious to I'shan's shenanigans. It didn't feel right, but it was hard to care when I'shan still hadn't seen him.

"One time, though," I'shan cautioned the young man, smiling warmly and yet sadly at the same time. "I still have a mate. But B'jin is right...you can't go into flights blind.." he purred.

He really, really needed to talk to N'gelt. This would help him get his mind off of it...

Feel free to go ahead and do the fade in your post

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin couldn't help but smile as I'shan completely blocked the door and removed his shirt. Seijin licked his lips nervously though he looked at I'shan completely trusting in him. He was finally positive that I'shan was gonna grant his request specially when he went so far as to say that Seijin made a good argument. He wasn't sure in the beginning but the blocking of the door confirmed his thoughts.

Seijin  slipped off his own shirt as I'shan approached him. He reached out and touched his chest softly with his fingers feeling the warmth of anothers skin under his fingertips. " I understand just this once, I'shan" he promised softly his name spoken almost in a whisper. His heart skipped a beat at the purr of I'shan's voice. His eyes showing nothing but complete trust with a hint of desire mingled in.

Seijin tipped his head up and looked into I'shan's eyes as he stepped forward into his arms completely surrendering to his will and desires letting I'shan guide him and teach him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~fade to black ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan glanced quickly to the door. The knob had giggled once during the encounter, but I'shan had ignored it and instructed his partner to do the same. Whoever it was had eventually left, undoubtedly with some gossip fodder to go with it, and disappeared into  some other part of the building.

It had been a long time since I'shan had done anything like that. Most of his partners were far from virgins. It wasn't bad, but it was certainly different, and I'shan liked different. The same old thing bored him quickly, and he couldn't escape the smug feeling of being the more knowledgeable party. He was determined not to disappoint or mislead this young man, who seemed so willing and trusting.

I'shan was a fumbling creature, so often breaking fragile things without meaning to. In this case, he was extra careful.

The bluerider pulled his pants on, blushing lightly but looking accomplished and spent. "So..." he crooned. He ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled in one long, satisfied puff.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin had only tensed up once and that was when the handle to the door jingled.  He started to look toward it but I'shan called his attention back to him and told him to just ignore it. So of course Seijin had obeyed his directions without question.

His mind was still reeling with the aftermath of all that I'shan had done to him. He was gentle and patient and Seijin's body felt good all over but he was a little sore. He didn't know about that part.  He pulled back on his pants slowly as well and glanced over at I'shan. He smiled over at I'shan  his eyes shining brightly as he slowly pushed himself off the table he leaned against after he pulled on his pants.

He walked over to I'shan and leaned up and kissed him softly and tenderly .        " Thank you I'shan, for granting me my dearest wish and being my partner for my first time. It was the most wonderful gift anyone could of ever given me and I am glad that it was you." He said softly. "And that was the best sharding thing i have ever felt in my whole life is this always how it is?" Seijin asked curiously.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan wrapped one arm around the young man and casually returned the kiss. "You're welcome," he purred, though he did feel the slightest edge of guilt. It wasn't over the actual act, but more the young man's exceedingly kind opinion of him. I'shan hardly thought he deserved it, and while he did feel a little bit guilty, he was also extremely flattered. More than anything, though, he was relieved to have not disappointed the young man. It was good that his first time was enjoyable, not something awkwardly forced by a weyrling master or cruelly forced by a flight partner.

"Not always, unfortunately," I'shan said as he peeled away. He smiled softly, pleased at the young man's assertion that it was the best thing ever. It did wonders for I'shan's ego, that was for sure! "Flights can go bad sometimes. But..." Shards, did he really want to give this kid a speech about bad flights afterthat? Shards, he'd just be repeating what the kid had already heard in class.

I'shan laughed flippantly. "But you've heard all that crap already. No, it's not always like that...but it should be. And I don't see why it can't be," he said, smirking a little bit. "And there's no shortage of it. I'd just say be careful who you run around with...there are some real assholes out there. Gems, too, though.."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin was on a wonderful high. It all was better then he ever though possible and he wondered why he was foolish enough to wait this long. Course it could of had to do mostly with who he choose. Of that he was most positively sure. He really had the most enjoyable time.

"If I had my way it would always be that way. But I'm sure that it is sometimes up to a draw of who flies who." He sighed softly "  But I will be as careful as I can be. I'm just not sure who i should avoid or not. But I guess I will find out soon enough. " He ran his fingers threw his hair smoothing it out " There are always rumors flying around. I usually don't listen to them though." He admits softly.

He winked playfully. " After all not all of them can be you. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Not all of them can be you

It felt good to hear things like that. I'shan smiled, his thoughts wandering between that which he'd just experienced and that which he'd been neglecting. "You'll figure it out," I'shan assured Seijin, slowly making his way to the door and dislodging the chair.

"It's...it's really nothing to worry about," he said, hoping to Faranth it was true. Seijin was a nice kid. I'shan found himself hoping that he got stuck with a dragon whose flight behavior suited him. Flights were ugly things to so many people, and it just wasn't right.

The bluerider opened the door and smiled, motioning for Seijin to leave first. "I'm glad to have helped. That was fun...you're gonna make the next guy really happy, you know that?" Partially due to I'shan's own expertly given advice, naturally.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin grinned back. " thats true I will figure it out now. At least now there will be no worries or anything to hold me back. I must admit though your mate is a lucky man. He better treat you right. "

"I know and I have you to thank. And am really glad I asked the right person.It was more then fun. " He smiled at I'shan as he slipped out the door. He headed back to his room. He had a lot to think about and a lot of feelings to go through.  He we deliriously happy and felt good all over but he was a tiny bit sore as well.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)