World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.06.20 | Fistful Sleeper
8pm | R'nd kids, et al

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
It was hard to breathe, and K'dar found himself coughing hard enough that he shook himself awake. Except once the coughing fit was over he couldn't stop the tightening in his limbs, and his head was still foggy and tired and was someone grabbing him? It was hard to see, and he snarled, cursing as he swung and his fist connected with something and then... then he was sure he was dreaming, trapped in a white room and sometimes people would show up to fight him. The dream changed every now and then, to disgruntled faces, shouting, intense itching and burning in his skin, worry, Tiberuth trying to yell at him... it was hard to make sense of it all.

K'dar blinked, squinting up at a ceiling that seemed slightly wrong. His chest ached and he let out a few coughs as he tried to figure out where he was and why he was so tired. He must have had an awful lot to drink with Yfris. Had he just been left in the party room? "Yf-" he cringed at the pain shooting through his throat. His mouth was dry, his chest ached, his nose felt raw. And when he went to rub his eyes he found his hands were strapped down. He heard someone's voice, Zory's maybe, saying, "I think he's awake again!" But what was Zory doing in Misty Hold?

"He wasn't really awake the other times, but thank you for telling me." A man suddenly came into view then, and K'dar frowned as he tried to place the gruff face lined with a rough beard and with a yellow and purple black eye making him squint down. One of Yfris's uncles perhaps? No, after a few blinks and some squinting he realized the man was dressed like a healer. "Wha-" "Hush," the man snapped, stern frown still set on his face as he reached up to frame K'dar's eyes with his fingers and spread his eyelids open a bit more uncomfortably.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" he asked as he waved a hand up in the air above them. K'dar scowled, squinting. "Two," he managed to croak, "I'm not drunk... thirsty." "Oh good! At least it's responsive agitation instead of the other day when you nearly hit Orgailian. Can't have you further injuring my other patients. Now do you know where you are?"

K'dar blinked. What was the man talking about? Why would he hit Gail? Why was a healer standing above him after a party... how overboard had he gone?! There was a moment of panic and K'dar started to try and tug his arms free. "You're in the Benden Weyr infirmary. It's the twentieth, you've been unresponsive since you were poisoned on the seventeenth."

That didn't make any sense and suddenly K'dar realized he couldn't hear his dragon either as some of the memories began to come back. Tiber?! He didn't scream aloud, but the panic was evident on his face as the healer pulled a vial out of his pocket and worked on trying to restrain his head. After a few more moments of panic there was a stirring and a sleepy reply, Finally... don't scare me like that. K'dar didn't like how sluggish the dragon's voice was, but at least he could hear it, and could feel the flood of relief from the dragon. He didn't even care that the healer was pouring a liquid into his mouth and pinching his nose shut to make him swallow it down. Once everything had gone down his gullet, K'dar closed his eyes and took several deep breaths as he tried to get his heart to slow down.

"Sorry," he croaked, though at least his throat was feeling a little better. "Was worried about Tiber..." The healer huffed and nodded. "He's with N'noa, recovering. Now you get some rest, if you can promise not to try and hit anyone I'll let your siblings free your arms. Either way, Stay. In. That. Bed." With that order given, the healer stalked out. K'dar sighed and finally took a moment to look around and spotted Zory and Gail in their beds. Right... they'd been hurt first. "You two are still here?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Orgailian looked up from his journal he was writing in when Zoremet alerted everyone to K'dar's waking. Since nearly getting punched by one bronzerider and shoved aside by another, he'd stayed away from K'dar's bed. It didn't matter that he was tied down now because he suspected the man knew how to head butt or gain super strength and break free. He stayed safely in his bed while Rh'us scolded K'dar and was smirking over the fact that he wasn't the one getting that level of bedside manners for the moment.

Truthfully, he was a better behaved patient since waking two days ago and finding someone had left his messenger bag of notebooks and ink for him. The last he had seen them was in the library when they were attacked since he was making notes on flora native to the region so he could both have a more accurate setting for his next short story and perhaps hunt down some plants himself if given time to explore outside the Weyr. One of those likely wasn't going to happen now for quite a while. Perhaps both since he wasn't feeling overly creative and had been keeping his journal close by to jot down what happened that day and his feelings since.

"We're pretty attached to our beds in here... though not nearly as much as you are," Orgailian smirked as some of his snark started to come back to him. He didn't hold any grudges against K'dar for trying to punch him, not since Rh'us explained it was a known issue for coma patients. Even if the Healer had been lying to him, Orgailian happily accepted that as the reasoning since he otherwise would have believed K'dar was showing how he felt over their attack and who was truly at fault for it.

"You know you could have just asked to sleep in here if you wanted to stay close. No need to go to such lengths," he added as he saw Mylorah and T'ryn return. His stomach growled and roiled at the same time when he saw the food. He missed solid food but he did not miss vomiting regularly. Rh'us had approved Zelly's magical drink and some soup but it was still a struggle at times to keep it all down. Maybe he was just tired of the liquid diet but he was severely dehydrated and Rh'us was just mean so nothing delicious for him.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"You know Gaili is feeling better when the sass comes back," Mylorah commented as she entered the large room with a plate in hand alongside T'ryn. Her two injured blonde brothers insisted they would watch over K'dar and that she and T'ryn both go take a break and eat. A'tay and Wynera were both in Telgar to assure their mom in person they were fine but also so Xyxyth could check on Malvayth. She also knew T'ryn and A'tay had some schedule between them and possibly Kor'is to keep Cazan company but Mylorah didn't know all the details, only that T'ryn was drowning in more guilt and worry than usual.

It was only after her gaze swept across the injured trio that Mylorah realised K'dar was truly awake. "Korlin!" The plate of the promised smuggled dessert was set on Zory's bed as she raced to K'dar and threw her arms around him. "I was so worried," she confessed into his neck, tears falling freely from all of the emotions rushing out at once. So much relief but the fear she'd been living under still had her rattled and Mylorah didn't know what to do with it all except cry and cling to her big brother.

"I almost lost you. I can't... don't... you aren't allowed to leave me as well." She loved all of her siblings but she'd been raised alongside K'dar from her birth. He was always there for her and stayed by her side through the landslide and all the losses that came with it. He never left and she needed him. He was her rock just as she tried to be a rock for the others. She sniffled and wiped at her cheeks as she finally let go of her brother and frowned at him. Why was he still bound? Needing something to direct her mess of emotions into, Mylorah worked on the buckles until he was free and then she was back to hugging him now that he could return the gesture.

"Can I get you anything? Probably some water? I brought brownies but they aren't as good as C'dhin's. But, y'know. Chocolate is chocolate."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

It took K'dar a moment to decide if Gail sassing him was good or not, he was still tired, thoughts still sluggish as he tried to remember what all had happened, and his belly was warm from whatever the healer had given him. There were glimpses though, of both of his brothers looking a bit too pale, both too hurt, and that was enough to make the bronzerider frown for a brief moment before he smiled. "I'm glad you're feeling better."

By the time he'd gotten around to saying it that it he realized he was basically echoing Mylorah as she walked in. How long was he out for? The healer had just told him but he couldn't quite recall yet. "I'm still here," he said hoarsely, arms jerking at the straps as he tried to hug her back. Once she undid them his arms felt heavy, but he moved them anyway. Even in the dim fog he was still trying to think through he knew he needed to comfort his little sister.

That was why, instead of immediately asking about Tiberuth he just nodded to her offer. "Water." Now that he could move again he realized he was thirsty, that he was sore from not being able to move, his stomach gurgled and he wasn't sure if it was from hunger, the poison, or whatever the healer had shoved into him. It was more struggle than he thought it would be, he was wheezing and the pain in his chest and throat came back though a bit more dull and distant, but he managed to get himself sitting up at least.

He was still wobbly though, enough that someone shoved some pillows behind him so he could lean back a bit. "Fuck." At least there was water, though that also stung a bit going down, though thankfully not once it hit his stomach. That was just empty, at least as far as he could tell. He frowned in confusion. "How did I get poisoned? What happened to Tiber? He feels so far away. I think he's sleeping?"

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah set the cup of water back on the table as she tried to find the kindest way to bring up what happened. At least he could still feel Tiberuth so she didn't have to work him through the panic brought on by thinking the bronze had left him. The bed wasn't really wide enough to curl up beside her brother, though Zory managed to make it work. But Zory was also made of liquid like a feline and just poured himself into whatever space was available for cuddling. She was not and settled for sitting on the edge and holding one of K'dar's hands in hers.

"The oil you borrowed was tampered with and started to burn Tiberuth's hide. You passed out, from the fumes or something, I dunno. It's all gone way over my head but T'ryn can probably explain it in great detail," she looked back at the brother in question and saw him sitting with Zory and eating a brownie. He shrugged with a little nod in response to her statement but Mylorah was more concerned over the fact he was eating chocolate. He really was stressed if he was eating sweets instead of the bowl of fruit he'd brought as an alternative to the brownies. They'd get to that issue later when they didn't have brothers in the infirmary.

"Anyway, Tiberuth has been kept sedated to help him through the pain and to keep him calm while you've been very much not present. I've been spending time with him though and he's doing well. N'noa has been tending to him personally so he's been in excellent hands." She reached out and brushed the back of her hand over his brow and then down his cheek. Orgailian had been feverish in the early hours of his poisoning and T'ryn had been in a fever the whole time he had been in a coma as well. She only had the basic skills they had been taught in Katila but it made her feel better to check if K'dar was hot while also hoping it was sort of a soothing gesture as she added, "he's been scarred, Kor. His hide has a lot of white marks now and you better not make a fuss when you see him. I've worked hard to get him to believe me that they make him more distinguished and that the ladies will like them."

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"The oil," K'dar repeated the words to himself as if that would help jog his memory. It did, but only vaguely. He remembered it had become harder to breathe after a while, that suddenly Tiberuth was complaining of a burning sensation and then... that was it. The rest might have been a dream as far as he knew. He blinked over at T'ryn and was satisfied enough when he only supplied a nod.

Zory finished a mouthful of brownie and added, "You woke up a few times. At least I thought you did. But you were... not right. You didn't know what you were doing, and sometimes you were shaking." The scrawny blonde turned to the other bedbound blonde and quietly asked, "Gail do you think if we crumbled and mixed this up into some milk you could keep it down?"

K'dar only barely heard the comment about the brownie mix, but instead of commenting on how gross it sounded, he just blinked at his sister, brow furrowed in concern. "Sedated..." that certainly made sense, but he didn't like it. "Just have to make sure he stays safe if he's sedated... someone should watch him. Make sure no one can sneak up on him and do anything. More than N'noa." Not that he didn't trust N'noa... he just wasn't sure he could keep Tiber safe from a maniac. It was enough of a concern that he started to push himself back up again before he had to stop and wheeze and settle back on the pillows.

"This sucks," he said with a huff. "It's what I get for not keeping Zory and Gail safe. I just... just need to be able to know where everyone is all the time, and what's going on. Should be easy." He took a few more breaths, the burning making him cough and hiss. "I'll try not to make a big deal of his scars. They aren't that bad are they? Maybe they'll fade?" He was more worried that Mylo had put up a fuss about them. If they were so bad that she had to convince Tiber that they looked good... then maybe they didn't? "He's not... not too bad right? He still looks like himself at least?"

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

"Gross." Orgailian looked at Zoremet with an expression of absolute revulsion. Brownies did not deserve that fate and he wasn't a huge fan of milk to begin with. Not that water would be any better. "I'd rather try to eat the fruit T'ryn obviously doesn't want tonight." Their older brother rolled his eyes but got up and handed over the bowl of sliced fruit. Orgailian gave him an overly sweet smile to show off his innocence before turning his attention on the fruit and poking around in it. Cantaloupe! Tasty and mostly liquid. Orgailian popped a piece in his mouth and hummed in appreciation for whatever trade deal got the melon so far north.

He had only been partially listening to Mylorah and K'dar but he snorted when the bronzerider decided he was being punished for not saving other people. "Get over yourself, K'dar. You're a bronzerider, not a superhuman. You can't be everywhere at once or suddenly appear because you sensed us in danger." Hmm. Orgailian jotted a note in his book of ideas. He was onto something with that and wanted to remember so he could revisit it later when it was quieter and he could think.

"And Mylo is likely being overly dramatic thanks to the company she keeps lately," Orgailian smirked at his sister as she glared at him. They had chatted enough about Gangleri and what K'dar might do if he learned too much about what she got up to with him that he wasn't about to name names. But it was still fun to tease her.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah was ready to fight K'dar if he tried to sit up again but her attention and glare turned to Orgailian when he teased her about Gangleri. Was it going to be a race to see who would anger her first? "You keep that head on that pillow and you," she turned back to address all of them, "I am not being dramatic. My brother, however, likes to overreact to the smallest of things and his dragon is Syrendryth's son." Hearing T'ryn groan, she knew at least one brother understood her point of prideful bronze dragons.

But then she turned back to K'dar and was holding his hand again because she needed the contact to prove he was real and fine more than doing it to comfort him. "Maybe the scars will fade. Some do," she wanted to be reassuring but she also knew she wasn't the smartest person in the room, especially when it came to dragons and healing. "But it genuinely doesn't look that bad. The white markings blend well with his colouring and could be seen as part of his pattern." On a darker dragon like Taith, the white markings would stand out and show what they were but Tiberuth was of subtler colours and she at least thought they would be fine.

"Syrendryth's been staying close to Tiberuth when we're here and I'll go sit with them again soon. Rhezalth and maybe N'mor might even join us again." Mylorah frowned at T'ryn offering up more of his time to watch over dragons instead of going home to his mate and kids but she appreciated it and smiled in the end. He was going to wear himself out but she suspected the two or three bronze dragons would make him nap while with them before he did fall flat on his face.

"See? Nothing to worry about. You know T'ryn is an excellent dragon-sitter." Considering how much he had helped take care of Rhezalth alongside Syrendryth after the landslide and then again by lending a hand when he could with Malvayth, T'ryn definitely had a good head and deft hand for dealing with fussy dragons.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"It's not that gross... it's... like if you had a mouthful of brownie and poured some milk into your mouth at the same time." Zoremet pouted before nibbling a bit more on his brownie. His appetite hadn't been the greatest since the attack; the healer had said something about how that was probably because he'd lost so much blood and had been encouraging him to eat more to try to help his recovery. At least the brownie was easy to eat, and he had T'ryn's company while he did so.

He was leaning against his brother when he heard Gail scolding K'dar about not being able to save them. "It's true.. you can't be everywhere, and even if Pit had gone straight to get you there wouldn't have been time." Zory frowned, shoulders sinking. "I just wanted to try and help and I wasn't good enough to do that. I couldn't run though, couldn't just leave Gail behind. What if he did worse things to him?" His memory was still a little hazy, and he didn't like thinking or talking about it, but he remembered a few things. Like how the man had worn a mask, and was taller than him. He shook his head to try and clear the memory and instead nibbled on his brownie again while he continued to lean against T'ryn.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I don't overreact all the time." K'dar pouted. "Though if one of your... friends... is causing you a lot of drama you should probably talk to them about it. And then let me know if you want me to punch them." He frowned for a moment and turned his attention to his hand as he flexed it and squeezed it into a fist. With a nod he added, "Yeah I can still do that if someone else holds them still for now."

Zoremet talking about trying to help against their attacker made him shake his head. "Zory... it was good that you tried to help. Like you said, something worse could have happened if you ran. But you have to consider your strengths. You're not built to just fight someone, so try to be faster, throw things and lead them on a chase while you send Pit for help. Or... I don't know... if you really want I can try to teach you to fight a bit better. Or even just help you practice getting away and dodging."

It wasn't a very fun thought if he was honest, especially with why he wanted to do it. Still, it felt like something he could do that was more productive than just sitting and waiting for a healer to tell him that his brothers were getting better. Though now he was the one in a bed and his siblings were waiting for the healers to release him too. K'dar sighed, letting himself sink into his pillows a bit more. "I'll just have to see them for myself. I'm having a hard time imagining what it looks like right now."

At least T'ryn was there to help make sure no one could go after Tiberuth while he was drugged. K'dar gave him a smile. "Thanks. And if someone could tell N'noa I'm awake maybe he won't have to keep Tiberuth sedated. That way he can at least defend himself and you can get back to Cazan and the twins sooner."

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Orgailian set the bowl of fruit down beside him, having lost what appetite he had. He picked up his journal and quietly flipped back a few pages to where all of his fears from the day he was attacked were written down. He had been wrong about Zoremet hating him because he was the reason he was so viciously attacked but he was the reason his little brother was upset and that sucked just as much. And despite his comment of moments earlier telling K'dar to stop trying to keep them all safe and implying they were weak, it stung hearing Zoremet echo it. Okay, fine. He was the weakest link in their happy little family but they didn't have to discuss it in front of him.

They were wrong on one thing--surviving was worse than whatever else could have happened if Zor had fled. He now had to live with how badly he had failed, seeing his brother bare the proof of it for the rest of his life. Why didn't Zoremet run? Orgailian was certain the attacker hadn't seen his brother until he intervened. He and Pit could have gone for help and returned to find him paralyzed on the floor. Only one dying brother, not two. Orgailian knew he wasn't the self-sacrificing sort but that outcome would have been a lot better than where he was now with drowning in his own guilt and everyone's pity.

The journal was also set aside as Orgailian swung his legs around and slipped off the bed. He heard Mylorah start to say something but he cut her off without glancing back at any of the siblings. "I'm pretty sure I can still take a piss without assistance. I'll try to scream this time in case a crazed killer is hiding in there." Rh'us may have been cranky and stern but at least he had given them some dignity back by allowing the waste buckets to be moved from near their beds back to the little alcove used as a restroom. He still had one near his bed for emergency puking but otherwise he was free to hobble his way across the room for some privacy.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah smacked K'dar on the arm to show her irritation with him, though she was certain the narrowed eyes she leveled on him would have been enough. "There's no drama, K'dar, and if there was, I would handle it myself. What Gaili was being a brat about was that I'm friends with Harpers--ex-Harpers? Have you spent five minutes with Ulliendis?" She knew perfectly well that Orgailian had meant Gangleri and while K'dar knew she knew the Master Harper, she still felt it best not to point out that they usually ended up naked when left alone. But Ulliendis was also a bed buddy and on a whole new level of dramatics so he was safe enough to use as a distraction--one that seemed to work as K'dar seemed to consider it and nod.

She let out a sigh and leaned in to kiss his forehead. "I'm sorry. I know you're trying to be better about that," she stated before he had a chance to explain himself. She was being unfair to her brother and knew it. The man had just come out of a three day coma! Being confused, a little slow on grasping meanings, and falling back into old ways were all very natural. Rh'us had warned them about things that might happen if--she did have a moment of hatred for the Healer when he said that--he woke again but for the most part, he still seemed himself and she'd forgotten all that they had been told.

And then, thankfully, the conversation turned away from her love life but unfortunately back to the guilt all of her brothers seemed to have. None of them were to blame! And she certainly didn't want K'dar lurking and popping in whenever he could to ensure she was safe. Knowing her oldest brother, he was already working out a way to take T'ryn's double weyr even further and explain to Weyrleader S'far why he needed at least four joined together with all exits but one sealed off so he could keep them safely guarded. At least the idea of fighting seemed to keep that idea from forming out loud. She still didn't trust him not to think about it, though.

When Orgailian stood up, she instinctively started to ask if he needed anything but his words stopped her. He had been in a good mood (for him) minutes ago, what had happened and why the comment about lurking attackers? The defending themselves talk. Damn. She smacked K'dar's arm again. "You jerks," she hissed when Orgailian was out of sight. "T'ryn smack Zoremet for me, please?" T'ryn was getting too good at rolling his eyes at them but he did what she asked; in his own way that saw a gentle tap to Zory's knee.

Keeping her voice low, Mylorah explained the little she knew for certain, "in the few days when he was still delirious from pain and fellis, he kept mumbling he was useless and that he was sorry to Zoremet. But how about we all stop blaming ourselves and focus on healing and keeping an eye out for more trouble?" She still didn't know if her brothers had been targeted intentionally and were at risk because they survived or if it had just been bad luck. Either way, the buddy system, even to the bathroom, was starting to seem like a good idea again.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I know you can handle things yourself, Mylo. But sometimes I just want to help too. I don't have to, it's fine." K'dar wasn't sure if he'd met Ulliendis or if the name was just familiar because he'd heard other people talk about the boy. Either way, decided not to worry about it too much. Harpers were very prone to dramatics. He couldn't even have a normal conversation with Gangleri before he started to ramble on about something. At least she didn't stay mad at him for too long and he reached up to give her a quick hug.

But as soon as Gail was up and Mylo scolding him, K'dar cringed. "What? What did I do?!" Off on his bed Zory also whined despite how softly his older brother had tapped him. "But he's not useless! He was paralyzed! I was the one who-" K'dar cleared his throat to interrupt and luckily that shut his baby brother up. He turned back to Mylo, his voice soft as he hoarsely said, "I didn't know Gail felt like that. And I don't know how to make him feel better except to say I don't think anyone blames him at all for anything that happened. He probably won't believe it though.."

That was an easy enough prediction to make about any of his siblings if he was honest. K'dar sighed, reaching up to run his hand through his hair. "So. Just... watch out for trouble huh? Probably try to stick with someone, even just a friend. At least T and Tay have their dragons. Pit was very helpful, but not sure if she counts as a buddy." He felt like he'd brought up the firelizards before, but maybe that had just been with Tiberuth. He let out a hoarse chuckle and whinced before adding, "I think Tiber was going to let me have a firelizard just as a little watchdog. I'm still not sure though; they really do worry him whenever they get too close."

K'dar gave Mylo a gentle nudge, she was generally pretty good at talking to the siblings without them feeling like she was being too big brothery. That and ever since the healer had poured that drink down his throat he'd been feeling a bit drowsier. "You talk to Gail. Or tell me what to say. I just worry about everyone, and he's right, I can't be everywhere at once, but maybe I could just try and teach people some fighting tricks. Or get Gail a little stabbing knife. He seems like he'd like that sort of thing more than punching someone." He yawned, shifting his weight to settle more comfortably against his pillows before reaching out to grab the cup of water for another drink.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn cringed at the idea of Orgailian having a knife. He agreed that their brother did seem more inclined to stab than punch but that was the problem, wasn’t it? “Arming Orgailian seems risky given how annoyed most people can make him. You’d have to bind him to a lot of promises.” He’d leave that up to K’dar if he was serious about the idea. As to firelizards, maybe that would be the better direction? He personally never got one because he had Impressed at his first Hatching and Syrendryth was handful enough. He knew Mylorah and Orgailian liked the critters but had never had any desire for their own either. Maybe it wasn’t a bad idea to press upon them both again. But he was going to leave K’dar on his own with that idea as well. Both siblings in question were already annoyed and T’ryn knew better than to push either of them when they were in a mood.

It was also why he came up with an alternative idea for how people were feeling. “Mylorah can talk with him if she wants but I think Zory and Orgailian are the ones that need to have a proper chat about what happened and how they’re feeling.” He gave his little brother a look that said not to argue with him on it. He didn’t know how much they had said already since he wasn’t always there but it seemed like a conversation that didn’t need an audience so it may have been avoided until now. “Clear the air. Stop blaming yourselves and make it known you don’t hold the other responsible.”

He looked at each of them and decided they would probably behave for the rest of the night and since everyone was awake now, Mylorah could handle watch duty alone. “I’m going to join the dragons for a bit and give N’noa an update on K’dar. A’tay and Xyxyth will relieve me when they get back and spend the night with Tiberuth,” T’ryn explained his plans as he got up from the bed. If he was lucky, he’d make it back to Telgar before Cazan went to sleep. He missed her and just wanted to hold her for a little while but always hated waking her up when he got into bed. Kor’is might even be spending the night again if he returned too late. At least she would have someone with her since he was failing as a mate.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Maybe it was how tired he was getting or maybe it had something to do with whatever the healer had shoved down his throat, but K'dar thought for a moment about what T'ryn said and then shrugged. "You know... I think I'm more okay with the thought of Gail stabbing someone than the other way around." Either way it was becoming increasingly obvious that he wasn't going to get any better at thinking at that moment.

At least K'dar was still generally aware enough to see the hesitation in Zory's face about having to talk to Gail. "Hey. Remember how much it sucked when I wasn't talking to you? You two should talk. Listen to T'ryn so he can get home to his mate and give me more nieces and nephews. No one else is giving me nieces and nephews." He huffed at that before yawning loudly. He could imagine Mylorah just glaring at him or hitting him for that, or maybe she really was glaring at him, so he added, "No one actually has to give me more tiny relatives. I'm just tired I think."

It was almost like he was a little bit drunk, though he imagined it was probably the medicine combined with being tired from the poison. "Tell N'noa he doesn't have to drug Tiber!" he called out as T'ryn headed out. Maybe someone should tell this healer that he didn't have to drug him either. He let out another yawn before giving his eyes a rest.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"I don't think he'd stab that many people," said Zory in an attempt to offer some support for Orgailian. But T'ryn was probably right about giving him a knife being risky. That didn't mean that he was right about having a talk with Gail though about what had happened. He was going to frown and object, but then K'dar reminded him about how awful it had been when he thought that K'dar hated him because they weren't talking. But that had turned out to be for a silly reason, and there was nothing silly about this. Except maybe K'dar acting a little loopy and making strange demands.

With his dark haired brother having been asleep for so long, it seemed a bit odd that he'd seem so sleepy. But Zoremet wasn't a healer and Rh'us had given K'dar some sort of medication when he'd started panicking about his dragon. It was probably some sort of sedative, probably had some fellis or something similar in it too. That idea made sense at least, and he might ask the healer about it later the next time he saw him. For now though he just relented and nodded. "I guess I'll talk to him. Maybe I'll just cuddle him and Mylo can scoot my bed over so she can be comfortable too. Or we can push all three of them together and have just a giant super cuddle bed?"

Cuddles would make the talking easier, at least that was what Zory hoped. So with T'ryn abandoning him, he decided to move over and just take over Gail's bed himself while he waited. Hopefully his brother wouldn't spite him by just going to his bed instead.

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Orgailian could hear most of the conversations still going on because he wasn’t that far away and he snorted when they debated how many people he might stab. Zoremet was probably the most accurate in guessing he wouldn’t stab that many only because it would take more effort than most people deserved from him. It was something to consider but that wasn’t what he brought up when he finally shuffled his way back into view.

“Go to Fort Weyr and find Tandrelyn. She’ll introduce you to Relian,” his cryptic comment given, Orgailian finally noticed Zoremet had held true to his idea of cuddling makes everything better and had moved into his bed again. Fine, he could go with it again. Besides, it was kind of nice, even if the stitches sometimes poked him and Zoremet put too much pressure on his stomach and made the world blur from pain. Since the room fell silent and he could see Zoremet staring at him, Orgailian assumed the other two were as well. Yep, though T’ryn missed out as he’d already slipped off to dragon-sit.

As he tidied up his books and writing equipment, Orgailian played nice and explained further. “Tan and I hook up when I’m in Fort. She mentioned once she wanted to be a mom and didn’t care if I played dad or not. Relian will be two in a few months.” That was all the info they were getting from him because he knew they were all about to start yelling and demanding answers so he wasn’t going to give them any. He grabbed another cube of melon from the bowl and slowly chewed it, enjoying the chaos he had created. The bowl was set aside with everything else and Orgailian crawled into bed alongside Zoremet.

“I won’t be answering any further questions tonight nor will I be having any sentimental conversations. I will, however, take the fellis the good Healer Rh’us left for me to take before bed.” Following through with his statement, Orgailian grabbed the cup that had been prepared and left for him, downing the contents as quickly as his body would let him. He knew some conversations did need to be had but he still wasn’t ready for them and turned onto his side to further show he was done with visitors and everything else.

“You’re big spoon again, Zor.” He probably would be fine on his back but sleeping on his side had always been comfortable to him and still helped when he had an emergency with a rebelling body. Giving it cantaloupe could be a trigger and it was best not to risk it.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet wasn't sure if K'dar really heard what Gail had said about the lady in Fort and the baby she had. Sure the older brother had muttered something, but his eyes had seemed a bit glazed over and he didn't really respond like he thought he would have. It was a surprise to Zory to find out that he was an uncle to more than just the twins. Even that thought was weird to him a lot of the time though. Weren't uncles supposed to be somewhat... grown up and settled down or something? K'dar at least had fishing, a dragon, and a fancy position in Telgar. Zory just had cuddles. Oh and he had Pit and could knit he supposed, but that still didn't seem very uncle worthy.

And as much as he'd wanted to ask some questions, Zoremet was glad that his brother put a stop to it before any could happen. Because no questions meant no other conversations either. Being the big spoon was fine by him, and he waited until after his brother had taken his medicine before he settled in comfortably behind his brother. He thought back to what Mylorah had said earlier when K'dar had woken up about Gail's sass and smiled. He draped his arm over his brother, trying not to push too hard on his stomach while he was awake at least, and gave him a gentle squeeze. "I'm glad you're feeling better. You even ate another solid thing!"

He wasn't especially tired himself, but that was fine. He didn't need to take his own medicine when he had cuddles to lull him to sleep. But he did pause and lift his head to look for Mylorah. "Are you going to be okay? You can use my bed. Or push it over here and cuddle too. Or cuddle with K'dar, he could probably use some too."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah grinned as she heard Orgailian's reply that cantaloupe barely counted as solid food but did no more than that. Whatever he was feeling and the issues he had about the attack seemed to be reined in again as let Zory sleep in bed with him. Maybe she didn't have to worry about them since they were talking in general and getting along but T'ryn was right and they needed to clear the air between them so imaginary wounds didn't fester and create something worse.

"I'm fine for now, Zory, though maybe I'll steal your bed in a little bit." The Candidatemaster had been kind to her, Wynera, and Zelana by allowing them to hold weird hours and spend more time in the infirmary than doing other chores. Part of her wondered if that was because there wasn't a gold egg in this clutch and the man wasn't fond of women Standing for all colours. Ameris and M'ris had been the ones to lead the change in policy so it was hard to believe their ranked staff would think differently so maybe the man was just awesome and understood the importance of family.

With the blondes sleeping or content, Mylorah focused more on K'dar. He was still kind of conscious but his loopiness was coming slower now. She urged him to let go, that it was okay to sleep again and maybe Tiberuth would greet him properly when he woke again. When he finally was asleep, she kissed his forehead again and gave a soft sigh. Alone in the dark again. At least this time it came with less anxiety since it seemed all of her brothers were going to recover. But she was left with her thoughts again and the most important one at the moment was--what the fuck? Orgailian had a kid?

Out of all of them, he did make the most sense to have a kid or two already running around so that wasn't really all that surprising. But he didn't tell any of them. Okay, that was pretty in character for Orgailian as well, especially since she was getting the vibe that he was only a sperm donor and didn't have much contact with his child. That was going to change if K'dar had his way. If K'dar even remembered the confession. She'd have to remind him or he'd be extra cranky that he was the only one not aware because Zory was definitely going to end up telling their missing siblings since it was kind of a big deal and worthy of family gossip.

After a while, Mylorah grabbed the book she had been reading to her comatose brother since he was admitted. Since she doubted he was aware of it anyway and wouldn't know she was reading ahead, she quietly read, finishing the last several chapters. Then she was sitting in the darkness again and gave up, stealing Zory's abandoned bed. She didn't move it, though, as Rh'us had bitched up a storm about messing with his things and making his life difficult last time the beds had been touched. She wasn't overly tired so a light nap would do and hopefully keep her alert enough in case anyone entered the room. Rh'us would likely peek in soon since it had been a while since his last rounds but he was there to help her brothers and she was getting used to the sound of his footsteps that she wouldn't worry. Anyone else, however, better be family or have an excellent reason for a late night visit.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)