World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.22 | Moving Home
1PM | N’lis

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Madiquel’s steps were full of bounce as she left R’nya and Rhaedalyn’s weyr, having spoken with them at length about her desire to return to Fort, as she wanted to keep up her healer training and Fort was home. Its where she felt most comfortable and while Ista was lovely with the warmth, it wasn’t home the way that Fort was. So she would be moving home. R’nya was going to talk to D’hys about arranging to have her Papa transported back to Fort – he’d be asked, but they all assumed he would want to follow Madiquel – and Madiquel was grateful for that; Zezeth insisted she could, but Madiquel wasn’t willing to try her father as a passenger on the delicate and dainty green.

She could feel Zezeth’s exasperation at her thoughts, but she ignored the green as she made her way through the Weyr halls, her aim the Weyrling Barracks to see her friends that had Impressed at the most recent Hatching. She hadn’t made it to view the Hatching, as she’d been bogged down with a really bad bug and travel just wasn’t an option. Which upset her, because of course Quinvalis would go and Impress while she wasn’t there! Madiquel grinned as she exited the Weyr and made a beeline for the Weyrlings.

She spotted them easily, being overwatched by the Weyrlingmaster and Assistants, they were outside for some sunshine and late lunch. Some of the dragonets were sprawled out and sleeping, some were playing, some were still eating, and some were being oiled. Madiquel’s bright gaze flickered across the people until she spotted the one she really wanted to see, and she broke into a run. “Quin!” was all the warning the young rider got before Madiquel threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging tightly. “Congratulations!” She gushed, pressing a kiss to his cheek and beaming. “What’s your new name? Who is your dragon?” She released him and bounced on the balls of her feet.

Coming along behind her, a little more sedately, was Zezeth. She paused just far enough away to be polite, and curled up in the sun, watching the dragonets with curiosity and interest. They were so different than herself and her own clutchmates and the Weyrlingmaster seemed much more relaxed than their own! Of course, these dragonets were all healthy and happy and full of energy unlike the green and her two blue brothers who had struggled to even break free of their eggs. Hello, Zezeth said softly, in her low and gravelly voice, speaking to the little dragon that was clearly bonded to Madiquel’s friend, and the friend himself. She wasn’t big on speaking, so she didn’t add anything further, just watched them quietly.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The use of his old name was the only reason he looked up in time and prepared himself for the whirlwind that was Madiquel. He was still getting used to being called N'lis--which meant Dalsuth was using it more than necessary to help--and they would probably be in a tangled heap on the ground by now. Instead, he was standing with Madiquel clinging to him while his brain caught up to what was happening and finally had him returning the hug with a smile.

As she pulled back and bounced in place, full of her usual exuberance, N'lis realised how much he missed her. She had been one of his only friends and his first real crush. But he had learned why they were called crushes when he was left devastated and crushed upon seeing her dance so perfectly with A'tay. Interactions since then had almost exclusively been through letters but it didn't feel awkward to see her now. Maybe because he was so tired. Baby dragons were... a lot. Just, a lot.

"Hi! Um N'lis. It's kind of weird, I know. I'm still adjusting to it. And that blue who constantly has ants in his pants is Dalsuth." N'lis pointed to the dragon that was working on his dance moves. He'd been obsessed with the idea of dancing and songs since meeting Gangleri.

No, I don't! Do I? What do ants look like? Dalsuth stopped moving so he could start examining himself for the ants. And then he realised he didn't wear pants so he couldn't have ants in them and gave a delightful giggle before looking up at the large green that approached.Hello! Are you here to play with us as well?

N'lis' eyes went wide as a new voice brushed against his mind. He was used to those in the class and knew this wasn't one of theirs and glanced to Zezeth. "Hi, Zezeth. Thanks for coming to visit us."

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

“N’lis,” Madiquel repeated, trying the new name out on her tongue and finding she liked it, even if it was a little out of the box. She would have guessed his name would have still held the Q somewhere, but she liked the name his dragon had picked for him. It was kind of a bummer women didn’t carry honorifics anymore. Madiquel had no idea what hers would have been, and she felt Zezeth’s curiosity at the thought. Madiquel smiled brightly at N’lis, and reached out to grab one of his hands, squeezing it. “I’ll try to remember it!” she teased, grinning.

“Hello Dalsuth!” Madiquel added brightly, turning her attention on the little dragon but not letting go of N’lis’ hand for the moment. “That’s my Zezeth.” Madiquel said with proud affection. She was so happy with her dragon, who had managed not to hurt herself for the last six months at least, and seemed to have finished growing to be so much larger than her brothers. Of course, they’d learned early what the cost of that extra length was, and Madiquel was still afraid a strong wind would come along and break the dragon. She felt Zezeth’s mental snort of disgust at the idea. Her dragon was much too gutsy!

What kind of game? Zezeth asked Dalsuth curiously, surprising Madiquel with her words, but not the subject of her question. Zezeth loved being treated normally, and the little blue had certainly won himself a lot of brownie points by just jumping into wanting to play games. Zezeth inched a little closer on her belly, and chirped curiously. Madiquel laughed, shaking her head, and turned back to Quin—No, N’lis! – she reminded herself. “Guess what?” She said, squeezing his hand and beaming, answering her own question before he really had a chance to do more than hear it. “I’m moving back here!”

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Some of us like to chase each other and pounce on tails. If you get pounced, you lose! Dalsuth gave Zezeth a careful inspection, considering her ability to play the game. Your tail is very long, though! You might be an easy target. But I bet you're really good at pouncing! N'lis says I'm only eight days old but I'll be a lot bigger one day. Maybe eight months! Then I can properly pounce you. Do you want to try still? Do you know other games? Dalsuth continued to ask questions as he led Zezeth over to a few of his classmates that liked to play with him and N'lis gave a short and slightly nervous laugh.

"Sorry. He has a lot of personality. And enthusiasm. And energy." He chuckled again as he watched a few dragonets approach Zezeth and he smiled. He was probably just as happy for the distraction as their riders were.

When Madiquel asked her question, N'lis had no idea where to begin guessing but didn't need to anyway as his friend blurted out the answer. "That's amazing! There will be so many people happy to have you back here." N'lis smiled brightly, thrilled Madiquel would be around regularly again. Not that his life was still the same. He had a dragon to focus on and wasn't looking after Rhaedalyn's daughters anymore so even if Madiquel went back to that job, he wouldn't be there to help. But he suspected she would focus more on the healing that she loved.

"It's going to be a while before I can properly hang out again but I'm excited you're going to be back in Fort."

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Zezeth considered Dalsuth’s words for a few moments, looking at the dragonet and his siblings as she followed him over to them. I am a bit big to pounce you, she agreed. She and her brothers played pouncing games and tumbling play fights. But the blues were awfully careful with her and that took some of the fun out of it. Not that Zezeth enjoyed being hurt, but well, it was no fun if they let her win because they were afraid of hurting her!

I can run away, Zezeth said after a few more moments of thought. You can try to catch my tail. I do not think you will succeed! She stood up tall and stretched like a feline, preparing herself to run around and keep her flicking tail out of the pouncing paws of the youngsters. Once she’d been introduced to the other dragonets who decided they wanted to play, too, Zezeth started the game by bouncing sideways and prancing off, chirping teasingly as she kept an eye on the little ones, her tail flicking too and fro as she ran and bounced around more like a baby goat than a young dragon, the dragonets trailing after her in a good natured pack.

Madiquel watched Zezeth with a small smile as her dragon pranced around. “That’s okay!” She reassured N’lis, turning to grin at him. “She’s very playful, but tends to end up hurting herself because she doesn’t respect her limitations. I don’t think she will in this game, though.” The hatchlings were too small to do more than pounce on her tail, and Madiquel doubted they’d do much damage, even if they body slammed her. Besides, Zezeth was used to rough and tumble playing with her brothers.

A brilliant smile lit up Madiquel’s face when N’lis was happy she’d be moving back, and she giggled. “We’ll both be busy,” she said, gaze returning to the dragonets playing with her own green, “I’m going to go back to the Healer Hall,” she added. “I want to make Journeyman, but I don’t know if I can.” Not because she didn’t have the gusto and determination, but because there really weren’t any women of that rank that she was aware of, and while Verec seemed fair, he wasn’t the only one involved in determining if someone was ready to walk the tables. “But I’m going to try!” Grinning, Madiquel crossed her ankles and then sank to the ground, legs crossed, and tugged playfully on N’lis’ hand to get him to join her.

“How do you like having a dragon so far?” She asked curiously. He was only a few days in, so she knew exhaustion would be a large part of what his experience would consist of, but she was curious to know how it was treating him overall, and what he thought of it.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N'lis watched the babies and Zezeth with only slight apprehension. He believed Madiquel that her dragon would be fine but she was still frail and the young dragons were unknown variables. But the assistant seemed fine with the activity as well--no doubt their own dragon glad for the break from baby-sitting.

He sat down when Madiquel encouraged it and mulled over her dream. He was glad she was still pursuing becoming a healer despite the surprise Impression. It wasn't a huge secret that she hadn't wanted a dragon before it happened but she didn't seem to mind it now. Having Impressed himself, N'lis could now fully understand the bond and what riders meant when they said it felt like the missing piece had been found. He did feel complete now and one day he'd have enough energy to properly appreciate that. "Having a dragon is amazing! But exhausting. Ask me for more details in a month." He laughed, but also kind of meant it. He knew from lessons that what they had been doing the last week would be his future for a few more.

Since he didn't have much else to say on the matter currently, N'lis brought the conversation back to Madiquel and her dream because he was curious about something. "Have you considered becoming a dragon healer? I heard R'nya discussing it sometime ago. Maybe you Impressed Zezeth as a sign that dragons will need you one day." He wasn't really superstitious but from what he had heard about that Hatching, Zezeth was nearly dead when the bond happened. He already knew Madiquel was special and now he knew just how much. "Maybe once you learn more about healing, you can help get the dragon healers operating again and learn how to apply what you know to dragons."

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Zezeth seemed pretty happy as she bounced around with the trail of babies following her, and Madiquel smiled as they watched before focusing on N’lis again. His answer to her question caused her no small amount of amusement, and she laughed softly. “Okay!” She promised, and knew it was one she would definitely keep. Maybe in a bit more than a month, but definitely around that time she would be back to badgering her friend about what he thought of his Impression, and having a dragon of his own.

“Enjoy bathing and oiling him while he’s tiny,” she teased, giving a dramatic puff of air as she eyed Zezeth’s immense size for a moment. “At least she’s not gold. I think I’d have to steal Rhaedalyn’s daughters to use as washing minions if she was!” Madiquel couldn’t imagine being responsible for a dragon as big as most of the gold and bronzes got. Way too much work! She’d never have time to work on her Healing lessons!

When N’lis took the conversation in that direction, Madiquel tilted her head slightly and considered him thoughtfully. “Not really,” she answered honestly. “So little is known about the dragons and what can be done to or for them. But there are some Healers who are working on it, and they were so helpful with Zezeth and her brothers, you know?” She paused, nibbling on her thumb nail. “I might look into it when I’ve finished my people training,” she said, words slow and thoughtful, “but I think Zezeth and I will be better with the people; big dragons are better at making other dragons be quiet and lie still than skinny little greens.” She grinned, giggling when she felt rather than heard Zezeth’s snort of disgust.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis laughed but shook his head. “I dunno. I was helping goldrider Cazan oil Malvayth and that almost seemed easier than the constant upkeep on Dalsuth right now. He might be small but the oiling is every few hours makes him feel a lot larger.” But he could agree that he was happy Dalsuth wouldn’t reach the full size of a gold or bronze. No matter what he said about helping Malvayth, N’lis didn’t think he would want to do that regularly in the end. He’d only done it for several months and normally only in itchy spots, not always her full body.

He considered her reasoning and nodded at the sense it made. Madiquel would be good with the people, her charm and smile would set people at ease before she started setting bones or stitching a wound. He’d gotten to know several healers over the course of his career at Standing and especially recovering from the mauling and N’lis could say with certainty that bedside manners really did go a long way. He absently rubbed a hand over some of the scarring on his arm that was always covered up as he thought back to the nice ones. A couple of the healers always treated him kindly and sometimes even on his lowest days, N’lis still felt like they cared and weren’t judging him as inadequate.

But something Madiquel had said stuck with him and N’lis cocked his head to the side considering the idea. “Do you think bronzeriders or goldriders were dragonhealers before? Like you said, if larger dragons work better at calming the injured dragon, then those would be the best ones. I think it’s a good thing that R’nya has the women training after all.” The goldriders wouldn’t be combating Thread so having them trained to heal the humans and dragons injured in Threadfall really did make a lot of sense now that he was giving it more thought. Of course he didn’t want to discredit the other colours! L’gan had been one of the kind healers and spoke about his trying to learn more about the dragonhealing techniques and N’lis wished him well on that. Semath would be an excellent assistant.

“Anyway, when are you moving back?” They would both be busy for a while for regular meet ups again but N’lis was excited to have a friend back in the Weyr and wanted to have something to look forward to. Besides, it seemed Dalsuth was a fan of Zezeth and N’lis winced as he watched his dragon leap and wipe out on the ground. Dalsuth didn’t seemed fazed at all by it and was soon back up and leaping after the swaying green tail again. He was one determined blue and even as he had that thought, N’lis realised how much the game was like a Flight but on the ground. Thankfully they were months upon months away from worrying about Flights and N’lis quickly stopped thinking about it when he felt Dalsuth’s interest piquing.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

“It would make sense,” Madiquel said slowly, considering the question N’lis had put forward with pursed lips and a thoughtful frown. “And gold dragons really don’t have much else to do,” she said slyly, looking sideways at N’lis with a small smirk on her lips. “They can’t breathe fire, and spend so much time confined to the Sands.” It made sense to Madiquel that they would have something important to do, even if they couldn’t get out and about to fight Threadfall in the sky.

“Oh!” She grinned when the subject turned back to her move, and Madiquel bit her lip as she considered. “I don’t have a set day, really. Mostly its in the hands of R’nya what with the paperwork and stuff.” She waved a hand vaguely to indicate that she’d submitted her transfer and was waiting to hear back from it. “And getting Papa onto a dragon. Ze is too small to carry us both – I am not. – no matter what she says,” Madiquel said with a roll of her eyes. “R’nya said he would get D’hys to pick him up.” She swooned playfully against N’lis, fanning her face with a giggle. “He’s so sweet!” She was not talking about R’nya, though he had his moments of sweetness.

Sitting upright again and giggling still, Madiquel shook her head. “Hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m going to spend this afternoon cleaning up my weyr, and Ze and I brought a little bit of my stuff, too.” It was currently all dumped on the ledge of the weyr she’d been assigned, waiting to be put away. Madiquel wasn’t in a hurry to do that, because it was boring and none of her friends were free to spend a lazy afternoon with her dusting a weyr. Which was fair, but no fun. Better to throw herself at N’lis and his baby dragon class and enjoy the afternoon with friends.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis managed a little laugh at Madiquel’s swooning over the older bluerider. It sucked to be reminded again that she certainly had a type—handsome and blonde. He was neither which explained why she had never taken notice of him. But she’s noticing you now? Dalsuth said from where he stopped chasing Zezeth’s tail to turn and tilt his head curiously at the humans. N’lis paled at his dragon’s words and hoped the ground swallowed him in the next twenty seconds. It didn’t so he was left trying to keep his thoughts from wandering while also glancing around to see if anyone else paid Dalsuth any mind while also hoping it looked like he was trying to figure out who his dragon was speaking to.

It didn’t seem like Madiquel had really noticed as she continued talking about her move and her plans for the day and N’lis gave a quick nod to show he heard. “I would help you if I could,” he stated with a frown. While he loved Dalsuth with all of his heart, being a weyrling had a lot of limitations. He knew that from lessons and seeing so many classes over the years he’d been in the Weyr but he always believed it wouldn’t bother him. He was introverted and tried to stay away from people as much as he could and hid in his room when not needed for chores. Yet now that he couldn’t wander freely or help certain people like he used to, it was really noticeable how much he actually did interact with others and that he did have a few friends. Luckily Aederyn had Impressed with him so he had at least one friend with him in the class and it was easy to stay back and let the louder personalities draw attention. The only problem was Dalsuth was one of the louder dragons.

“I’m really glad that you’ll be back here, Madiquel. I said that already, didn’t I?” He blushed and looked at his shoes. She had a way of making him relax but also trip over himself in turns and it was clearly time to be a fool in front of her. “I’m also glad that our dragons seem to be getting along. I’ve heard of people that are friends or even mates but their dragons hate each other. That would be awful.” Hopefully he would never have to stay away from a friend to keep Dalsuth happy but N’lis currently didn’t think anyone would ever fall into that category from the way he pranced around with Zezeth and the others.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Madiquel flushed with pleasure, and impulsively leaned over to press a warm kiss to N’lis’ cheek, hugging him tightly. “Me too!” She grinned, leaning her head on his shoulder and turning her gaze towards the dragons as they were commented on, laughing softly. “Ze is pretty easy going,” Madiquel said cheerfully, sitting up straight as her dragon looked over, waving at the green before Zezeth bounced out of reach of the hatchlings again, trilling playfully. “I couldn’t imagine what I’d do if she didn’t get along with the dragons of my friends!” It was a pretty saddening thought, that some dragons couldn’t get along, not even for their beloved bonded.

Shuddering at such a distasteful thought, Madiquel slapped a hand over her belly as it rumbled, and she laughed bashfully. “I haven’t eaten yet.” She explained without need, tilting her head and brushing her hair out of her face. “Have you had lunch? Wanna come with?” A pause. “Are you allowed to go to the Dining Hall without him?” She indicated the dragon. “I’m not really sure the ins and outs of actual Weyrlinghood,” she admitted, scrunching her nose up. “I could get some food and bring it back?” A pause. “Are you even hungry? Letting you answer that might help.” She blushed again, wondering why she was feeling so awkward.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis blushed under the quick kiss to his cheek despite knowing that was just a very Madiquel thing to do with all of her friends. Again, he quickly thought about anything else, like the patch of grass they sat on, so Dalsuth wouldn’t start asking questions or announcing feelings again. But he was glad that after so much time apart because of one dragon or another, that Madiquel still seemed comfortable with him and he could call her friend. He didn’t know why he was surprised since they had been keeping in touch via letters.

He laughed at the growling stomach and string of questions which helped distract him away from dangerous thoughts. But he was soon frowning as he shook his head. “We ate a bit ago and we eat away from everyone else to help keep the noise down,” he smiled again as he thought about how loud their little class was when all together. One day he hoped to know what silence was like again. Another couple of months, hopefully. “But I don’t want to keep you from eating! The dragons are probably due another feeding themselves.”

N’lis glanced back at the ones playing with Zezeth and decided they would definitely be in need of some food with all the energy they were burning. And then some bathing to clean up after the meal and then some more oiling. He knew the growth spurt was fast and hard in the early months and started to slow around month five or so but that was a long ways away still. The class kept getting reassured that the rounds of oiling would lessen eventually and focusing on just itchy spots would begin. More things to look forward to and hopefully reach.

“But I’m really happy you stopped by and um,” N’lis hesitated and stared at the grass for a moment to gather his nerves. He was mostly over his crush he reminded himself but Madiquel was still pretty and left him floundering when he tried to be bold. “I hope you can visit more regularly once you’re settled in and our free time aligns.” There, he did it and managed a shy smile.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

“Oh,” Madiquel said, slightly disappointed, but she nodded her head thoughtfully, it made sense not to bombard the Dining Hall with loud dragonets. Madiquel had been lucky, what with her class being so small and with them all being generally quiet. Well, mostly. Until someone set off Dyoricath, of course, but Dyoricath had a voice loud enough to be heard across the whole Weyr regardless of where any of them were.

“Ze will probably want to eat, too,” Madiquel said thoughtfully, turning to look at her dragon. “She hasn’t eaten for a few weeks.” Studying her dragon, Madiquel chewed on her bottom lip. “I’ll have to ask R’nya if Xyreith can kill something for her. She hasn’t hunted since she broke her leg trying to take down a beast.” That had been so scary and Madiquel had quickly made arrangements with Eb’zer and L’gan to have their dragons bring food for Zezeth. That arrangement hadn’t ended even after Zezeth’s leg had healed, but with them moving back to Fort, other arrangements would need to be made. R’nya at least wasn’t likely to mind, but Madiquel felt both he and Xyreith likely had better things to do than hunt for a scraggly green.

Madiquel’s lingering consideration over her dragon’s needs was interrupted when N’lis spoke, and she turned her attention back to him, smiling easily as he stared down at the grass, oblivious to the reason for his discomfort. Her smile bloomed into a widened expression as he continued, and she nodded her head. “Definitely!” Madiquel extended her hands, offering them to N’lis to assist in pulling him to his feet so he could collect his dragonet. Once he was up, she gave him a quick hug. “I’ll see you soon!” She promised. “I need to eat and I have to tidy my room otherwise I’ll have no where to sleep tonight!” Laughing, Madiquel waved before running across the grounds towards the main entrance. Food!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)