World of Pern
[G] [O] 742.08.29 | I want to break free - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [G] [O] 742.08.29 | I want to break free (/showthread.php?tid=5122)

742.08.29 | I want to break free - Xanthia - 29.Aug.21

Xanthia had finally done it, she had gathered enough marks to make her travel possible. What few clothes she had been tossed into a bag with some meagre supplies of water and food and in the dead of the night she had left home.

Sporting a black eye and split lip, curtsy of her mother's latest outburst, she was heading out of the Hold and making her way towards the Weyr. It was a good a place as any for a destination after all. Last she had heard, her brother, Rutos, was there. Maybe she'd be lucky enough to bump into him. Or maybe she'd bump into a dragonrider and she'd be able to convince them to take her to Weyr. All those situations seemed pretty unlikely but she had to hope for something.

Her ribs ached, in silent reminder that they were in fact bruised and disliked it immensely. Taking a sip of water from her water skin, she adjusted her bag and started her long journey. It would be long, and she was quite sure her feet would be a bloodied mess by the time she arrived.

RE: 742.08.29 | I want to break free - T'bia - 02.Sep.21

T’bia was full of smiles as he made his way back to Jycent, the blue dragon lingering in the empty gather square while his rider shopped. T’bia had several items waiting to be picked up, but he enjoyed shopping too much to just arrive and leave without doing some poking around, and picking up things he didn’t need but definitely wanted in the moment. A new scarf that matched Jycent’s pale blue was wrapped around T’bia’s neck, while a pair of fresh new boots – tailor made – were ever so comfortable.

He’d also picked up a couple of items that M’dox had ordered, the bundles folded neatly before they were transferred to the bags Jycenth had hanging across his neck. As he put the items away, T’bia babbled happily to his dragon, not talking about anything but covering everything. It was Jycenth that noticed the young woman not far away moving with that steadfast way that said she was going places and that intrigued the dragon. Since they were going to be heading home now, the curious pair decided to poke their noses into the young woman’s business.

Jycenth stood still as T’bia mounted up, and then the dragon jumped into the air, not looking for height so much as just getting enough air that he could glide down to where the wandering figure was; Jycenth loosed a low rumbling sound as they got close, back winging so that he landed lightly, and trotted with that awkward gait dragons have when they’re on the ground. “Hello!” T’bia called, waving with one hand. “Would you like a ride somewhere?” T’bia asked, after being prompted by Jycenth that it would be polite, and T’bia was always one to be polite.

“I’m T’bia, and this is Jycenth.” He introduced them both with a shy smile.

RE: 742.08.29 | I want to break free - Xanthia - 02.Sep.21

A quick rest stop near the gather square had turned into a fairly decent sleep. Mildly alarming she was able to sleep better out in the open at home, but then it was not a surprise. By the time she was moving again, it was well into the afternoon. A slate roll had served as something to stop her stomach growling and as she was making her way away from the Gather Square, a rather sweet voice called out. 'hello! Would you like a ride somewhere?' Her body spun on the spot to look around and only took a brief few moments before her eyes travelled up to see a blue dragon gliding towards her and landing not far from her. Dragons were definitely more graceful in the sky she decided, watching the dragon's front end dip down and rise up in their ever present looping gait. Seems having shorter front limbs did really affect their movement on the ground. Out of the politeness she had been trained, she stopped, barely covering a wince as her ribs bemoaned the twist she had made to clap eyes on the rider.

"A ride would be fantastic. I was not looking forward to walk to get to the Weyr." She stated, inclining her head to both T'bia and Jycenth. She had not met a dragon before, and never so close. "A pleasure to meet you. I'm Xan." Her smile was crisp and unfamiliar, although her tone was flattened, she had hoped it'd convey the correct level of politeness towards the rider. Her eyes moved from the bridge of the nose of T'bia [She'd had hoped that looking there would mimic eye contact well enough to be be friendly] to the blue dragon nearby.

Her head cocked off to the left, her eyes trailing along the dragon. Although her expression showed betrayed nothing, if one were to look enough, they'd notice a delighted sparkle to her eyes.

RE: 742.08.29 | I want to break free - T'bia - 05.Sep.21

“Oh,” T’bia said at the acceptance of his offer; the walk to the Weyr was not something he had personally done, but he knew the Weyrlings of Fort were allowed to fly straight when they were big enough for such travel. It wasn’t too bad, but T’bia also imagined it wasn’t all that much fun when done alone! Having a dragon was double beneficial – a travel companion and a ride all wrapped up in one big body that required a lot of maintenance.

“We can take you to the Weyr!” T’bia beamed, giving Jycenth a slap to the side of his neck and nodding. They would even be able to fly straight and avoid the chill of between. Maybe the lady would enjoy the view from the sky. Jycenth came to a stop not too far from the young woman, lowering himself so that T’bia could swing a leg over and slide down his dragon’s side. “Some people find it easier to climb up themselves, and some people prefer to be hauled up. Which would you like to try?” T’bia smiled warmly as he stood beside Jycenth’s leg, giving the woman a chance to mull over her options.