World of Pern
[G] [C] [EVENT] 742.04.04 | Visitors - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] [EVENT] 742.04.04 | Visitors (/showthread.php?tid=5011)

742.04.04 | Visitors - Ojassa - 08.Apr.21

Ojassa forced herself to sit up a bit straighter, fighting off the light headed dizzy spell that even that small movement was causing. You need to lie down and rest, Quayleth objected, a hint of worry at the edge of her voice. The healers finally let my boys in to see me, I am not going to just stay lying down as if I were on my death bed. They're worried enough. If you do not rest they may have to deal with that yet. Ojassa let out a frustrated sigh, pausing to hold her head for a moment. Her oldest, Tassadrin, adjusted the pillows behind her to help, doing his best to not look worried as Jasandian tried to climb up onto the infirmary bed to join her.

"Thank you, Tassy," she said with a smile despite the hoarseness and pain in her throat. She settled back against her pillows with a sigh, making sure that her youngest was settled before patting the bed on her other side. Once both boys were up and settled she wrapped her arms around them as tightly as she could, grateful that they hadn't been hurt at all. A coughing fit was the only thing that made her pull away as she covered her mouth and winced in pain. Everything still burned, she still had to squint to see things, but so long as her boys were fine she would get through this.

She wanted to say so much more, but even those brief raspy words had hurt more than anticipated. At least Quayleth was willing to talk to them for her, and had already updated and reassured them as much as she could. Her soothing manner probably helped to keep the boys so well behaved and quiet during their visit, which was still much too short for Ojassa's taste. After some cuddles and soft reassurances passed from her by her dragon, and promises from the boys that they would be good for the creche worker minding them while she was in the infirmary, she gave them both kisses to the cheek and waved them out.

How much longer did the healers say I was here for? Until you are well enough for them to release you, came Quayleth's calm and steady reply. But while you are awake, I should tell you what all you missed. Brownrider K'tir still can't see, Ghaeth spent some time cuddling with Zeianth. I don't think D'hys stopped by to see you though. If he did, he was being particularly sneaky about it. Ojassa let out a soft huff through her nostrils that stung just a tiny bit. I'm sure he was just busy, or perhaps you were just distracted. Perhaps. You should sleep now, and get better. I will make sure you won't miss any news. With a sigh the goldrider nodded and settled back against her pillows before closing her eyes. It wasn't as nice as her own bed, but it was comfortable enough that sleep came quickly.