World of Pern
[G] [C] [EVENT] 742.03.29 | Growing Worries - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] [EVENT] 742.03.29 | Growing Worries (/showthread.php?tid=4989)

742.03.29 | Growing Worries - V'lis - 30.Mar.21

V'lis had gotten used to being outside, since Pharalth still constantly objected to being inside the weyrling barracks. It was also already becoming difficult to just fit the dragon in there in the first place. He was already over twelve feet long and still rather bulky in build. That meant so much more oiling, more than the other brown in his class, more than most everyone else really, and Pharalth was still eating like a bottomless pit, just in fewer meals instead of a constant flow. So that was good at least.

I am not fat. The brown hissed as he stretched a wing out for more oil. "I never said you were fat, I didn't even think it, you little grumpy shit. I touch you every day, I know you're not fat." Pharalth craned his head about to give his rider an annoyed narrow eyed glare before huffing. I know. I'm just reminding you. As much as V'lis wanted to stay annoyed and be displeased about his dragon he couldn't. Sure things had been rocky at first trying to deal with Pharalth's claustrophobia and the general irritation and aggression it triggered, but as time had gone by he'd actually become more than fond of the grumpy little bastard. Though maybe little wasn't so accurate anymore.

Pharalth was steadily becoming one of the biggest dragons in his class, on pace with the gold, and while V'lis was rather excited about the potential his boy had, he was also nervous. Even as isolated and constantly hovered over as the weyrling class was, news of the poisonings had reached them too. So far most of the targets were golds and bronzes, and with no bronze in their class, he was worried whatever maniac it was would target him as some sort of next best option. There had been brownriders on the list of victims already after all. He'd even gotten very picky about the food he fed Pharalth, always having the dragon try only a little bit at first to see if he felt funny before really digging in.

Don't be so worried, I will take care of us, Pharalth said with a confident huff. He glared around them where they sat out in front of the weyrling barracks and gave a glare at a familiar man who was walking by. I'll even fight him if I have to. V'lis looked up and immediately grabbed onto the brown's neck to pull him back as he hissed softly. "Don't you fucking dare! That's D'hys, you do not mess with him." As the bluerider got closer, he changed his tone slightly, trying to be more reassuring though he was sure his dragon could still sense some of that lingering fear. "He's the guy who always knows what's going on and you don't want to get on his bad side, okay? He's a much better friend than enemy and you don't huff and puff and get growly at friends."

The brown settled with only glaring at D'hys until the man had wandered far enough away that he could turn back to his boy with concern. Why? V'lis knew he wasn't asking about why he shouldn't growl at friends, he could feel the real reason for the question. He rubbed the back of his neck as he sighed, his voice lowering. "Look, with everything that's going on... if anyone could pull that off it's D'hys. I don't know why, but he always seems to have plans that I don't get or understand. We don't want to really piss that guy off. I'm pretty sure I almost did right before I met you."

Pharalth considered that for a moment before just giving a silent nod and stretching out his other wing. He still wasn't entirely sure about the matter, but it was something to think about, something he could ask about again later on when his rider seemed less rattled.