World of Pern
[G] [C] [EVENT] 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Telgar Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Forum: Telgar Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=118)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] [EVENT] 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction (/showthread.php?tid=4984)

742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - T'ryn - 28.Mar.21

It was early afternoon and T’ryn had just finished up visiting with his youngest sister, Wynera, while they oiled some dry patches on Syrendryth. That was one good thing about having so many siblings—he hardly ever had to tend to his oversized lizard on his own. It was nice to be able to catch up with her and simply relax now that Cazan was moved into Telgar Weyr and settling in well. They still had some stress from the pregnancy and of course his brain came up with a million different scenarios for everything from the birth to even the damned door that gave them extra space. Why it bothered him so much, he couldn’t say other than that it had been an idea before they agreed to be mates. At that time, he wanted them to be close but with their own space still but to raise the baby together, he didn’t want to worry about being too far away. Now that they were mates and the amount of time Cazan spent still in her shop—which he loved and supported her work!—and the time or two she’d slept there so she didn’t bother him made him worry. It was all for no reason, he knew that, but he couldn’t stop how he was. Instead, he tried to focus on it being the area she shared with her husband when he was around. Cazan was living two lives smashed into one space and he needed to be supportive and help her where he could.

Which was why when he came home and saw the muffin left on the counter, untouched, he sighed. Cazan was horrible for not eating when she was caught up in her work and as he scooped up the muffin to bring it to her office, T’ryn gave a little smile. It was just like when they first met and he thought she was her brother. He started making it a habit to bring the leatherworker lunch every day and made sure it was eaten while they hung out.

“Hey, Zanny. Did you eat? This muffin has your name on it if you haven’t.” T’ryn smiled as he went up and carefully kissed Cazan’s cheek. She was working with dyes that afternoon and he didn’t want to distract her too much. At her insistence that she had something earlier but her stomach was being a tad touch and go now, T’ryn didn’t push. That was the downside to the pregnancy but it also ensured he stayed on top of what she did manage to eat. “Well, it smells like cinnamon and it’s pretty tempting…” he laughed as Cazan waved him away to eat it, taking a bite as he did so.

An hour later, as he sat on the ledge doing some care to his riding straps, T’ryn found his vision blurring somewhat and was hit with a wave of dizziness. Thankful he was sitting down, he took a moment with hands pressed to his temples and eyes shut, hoping it would pass. When it did, he slowly got up, leaving his work behind so he could head in and grab some water. It was a nice enough day out for the start of spring but he’d been in the sun a lot regardless of the temperature. He gave a faint chuckle as he poured a glass of water. He had been so focused on caring for Cazan that he hadn’t taken any consideration into what he may have been in need of.

He stumbled as he took his drink, grabbing the counter to balance himself. What the heck was going on? Was he seriously that dehydrated? He forced himself to finish the glass he had and then refilled it before going to Cazan to let her know what was going on. “I think maybe I was in the sun too much today,” which was starting to sound weird given growing up in Katila and living in Ista for so long. He knew what to look out for, didn’t he? It was a bit hard to think clearly as drowsiness was trying to lend its strength to the dizziness. “Caz… I don’t feel—” his words cut off as the glass slipped from his hand and T’ryn followed it to the ground a second later.

Syrendryth was sunning with Bedith when he felt the fuzziness of his rider’s mind growing stronger and then it cut off as T’ryn fell unconscious. T’ryn! He rarely spoke to anyone but when their bond weakened, his lifemate’s name was called out in panic to anyone who would listen as he hopped from Bedith’s ledge to his own to find his boy.

RE: 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - Cazan - 28.Mar.21

Cazan had honestly forgotten all about the muffin when T'ryn walked back in. She'd been happily working on dying the leather panels for an infant carrier so that she'd be able to carry the baby hands free either on her front or on her back. At least that was the idea. Hopefully it would work out as well as she thought it would in practice.

She had the last piece dyed and was carefully setting it down to dry when T'ryn stumbled in. "Too much sun?" That had Cazan frowning as she turned to get a better look at him as he began to sway even more. And then he was falling to the floor and she was shoving herself to her feet as she shouted his name in a panic and rushed to his side. Hearing Syrendryth only made her more worried, and Malvayth echoed the name in concern.

"T'ryn!" She gave him a gentle shake at first, but it quickly grew more frantic as her own panic began to rise. "A healer, I need a healer. Mal!" Malvayth shouted through the Weyr for a healer, demanding that one run to her weyr. It was an odd moment for Cazan to hear her dragon's voice in anything that wasn't either a shrill screech or a silly or pouty innocently airheaded tone. She tried to keep it together as she cradled her mate's head, take something from the odd example Mal was setting, but she was a blubbering and sobbing mess when the healers finally came after a perceived eternity.

Once the healers had practically wrestled him away from her to take to the infirmary there was a shift. Cazan started to calm down a little, started to rationalize that T'ryn was getting help, that she should try and calm down and maybe let his family know what had just happened. It would give her something to do. It was something she could try to focus on to be productive and not helpless.

She grabbed some paper to start writing the quick notes when Mal's voice came softly, Will he be okay? The gold was curled up cuddling Syrendryth for a bit of added comfort as she began to fret and worry. Cazan choked back a sob, her handwriting turning shaky as she pressed on writing the message. I don't know, Mal... I hope so. He has to, came the forlorn and pleading reply. Cazan nodded as she finished up the letter and called for Lady. She'd send it to Mylorah, she would have an easier way of telling the siblings he had in Ista, and Caz could tell K'dar herself if he didn't already know.

Once Lady was on her way, Cazan made her way to the infirmary, fretting and hovering at the entrance until she was finally allowed in and she realized there was a much bigger problem. The Weyrleader was there, and another bronzerider, along with news that there had been two deaths as well. As selfish as it was, she couldn't bring herself to do more than worry about her mate as she was given a chair by his bed so that she could at least desperately hold his hand.

RE: 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - Mylorah - 29.Mar.21

"What the fuck, Cazan? You suck at writing letters," Mylorah informed the goldrider as soon as she was spotted upon entering the infirmary. She was followed by all three brothers that also lived in Ista as she moved over to the bed she knew she would find T'ryn on. Syrendryth was somehow holding himself together enough to explain to Xyxyth what had happened only a few hours earlier and he passed it on to their group. Cazan's letter had been vague at best but the urgency was there. She had rallied her brothers and and led them to Casa's weyr. Thallyath finally Flying the day before had lost its shine and the golden dragon hadn't decided if it was worth Casa travelling with another with so little known of the situation and a Weyr to run. Mylorah had promised to send a better letter with news as soon as she had it and then they borrowed R'dare--bless his sweet heart and his insistence he could wait outside--and the three without dragons were split between Xyxyth and Kadaisicalth.

They had rushed as quickly as they could but now she faltered in her stride to the bed. A hand took hers and she startled and then smiled at Orgailian for lending his strength. Still, she gasped when she saw T'ryn. They believed it was poison and there weren't any injuries but even unconscious his face was twisted in pain. All of her brothers were sweet and sensitive on their own ways and it was so hard seeing one of them in so much pain.

"What happened?" They already knew from probably the best source but hearing Cazan's version was still needed. Maybe a part of her still wanted to punish the goldrider for her part in Fediletch's punishment by making her say it all out loud again and relive it. But if that were the case, it was quickly shoved aside as Mylorah pulled Cazan into a tight hug. "And how are you doing?"

RE: 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - Cazan - 29.Mar.21

Cazan had been sitting at T'ryn's side the entire time, with only reluctant breaks to move and use the bathroom while Lady kept an eye on him. The gold firelizard was despondent as she lay curled up next to the bronzerider, having resisted and eluded all attempts to chase her off by the healers. The normally inquisitive and friendly enough little thing didn't even bother to move or acknowledge Mylorah when she arrived, instead letting out a soft, pitiful little whining sound as she tried to beg T'ryn for pets in an attempt to make him feel better.

"Sorry," Cazan croaked, her voice still hoarse from her earlier sobbing bout, though her tears had at least dried out for the moment. They nearly started back up again as Mylorah gave her a hug and Cazan tried to fight them back with a hiccup as she closed her eyes and gave a desperately tight squeeze of her own. "I think... I think it was the muffin."

She took a deep shaky breath as she tried to calm back down and clear her head. This was important, and though it was rather difficult to try and think straight and not just start panicking or raging again, she needed to try and keep a clear head. "S'far is sick too... so K'dar... he... I punched him, but he asked for it... I mean he really did ask... nevermind. Everyone started asking questions, I know people have been back to my weyr to check, and T'ryn's weyr. And..." This wasn't helping. Another hiccup choked back a half sob and Cazan forced herself to take a few more deep breaths as she tried to cling to whatever steadiness Malvayth was getting as she was cuddled up to every dragon she could convince to join her.

"I was working on some leather, T'ryn came and brought me a muffin. We checked with the kitchen and no one from there had dropped it off, so it was just... found in my weyr likely. I wasn't feeling hungry so he ate it. Maybe an hour after that he came back in, he said maybe he'd been in the sun too long and then he fell. Mal called for the healers and... and here we are."

Cazan turned back to T'ryn, reaching out to clutch at his hand again. "I'm sorry I didn't send a better letter, I just... I wanted to make it quick and get it sent out. I sent your letter before I even told K'dar. I thought you'd be the best one."

RE: 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - Mylorah - 31.Mar.21

Mylorah had no doubts that K'dar had asked to be punched. She would have laughed at it but now all she wanted to do was punch him as well. Did he seriously use their brother's accident as a way to get some sort of satisfaction? He had better tell her it was so he could feel pain and not so he could achieve any level of pleasure.

"Syrendryth filled us, well Xyxyth, in." He also mentioned that their connection was still there but extremely weak and that terrified Mylorah. But she didn't tell Cazan. The goldrider's love for T'ryn was so clear and touched even her heart. She couldn't add to the woman's grief since Mylorah believed Cazan already blamed herself. But really, they needed to communicate better and ask where lone muffins came from! T'ryn might get a smack after all of this as well.

"Your bad letter still worked and you were right to send it to me since I brought them all," she waved in the direction of her blonde posse that seemed fine to let her take the lead for the bit. "Thallyath Flew yesterday or Casa would be here as well. But I'm going to send R'dare back with all that we know so he can update Casa and Zelly."

Mylorah sighed as she stared at her brother. He currently looked at peace which was comforting and only because Syrendryth wasn't bellowing and Malvayth wasn't screaming the loss of Syrendryth. "I'll write a letter to N'mor. He needs to know as well. They're like brothers."

She glanced at her other brothers and waved them forward, unsurprised when Zoremet dove into Cazan for a hug. "Can you trust us to watch over him while you go take a break? Get something to eat and drink? T'ryn will be mad at all of us if we didn't look after you and your baby for him."

RE: 742.03.28 | A Stark Reaction - Cazan - 31.Mar.21

Cazan felt another pang of guilt as she realized she'd completely forgotten about N'mor. At least Mylorah had thought of it, she'd clearly been a good choice to send that letter too, even if it had been very poorly written. "I'm glad you came, I just feel like I know you a little better than the others, and you always seem to have good ideas and just... I don't know, you seem very level headed, and confident in things."

As Zoremet came in for a hug, Cazan tried to force a small smile and return it as she added, "I'm glad you all could come. Hopefully he wakes up soon to see... see you all too," she choked back a soft sob, giving Zory a tighter squeeze as she sniffled and nodded at Mylorah's suggestion. She could trust the gang of siblings for a little while at least. K'dar had tried to offer, but he was busy with the Weyrleader being poisoned as well and she'd sent him on his way.

Still, even with the promise that the siblings would keep an eye on T'ryn for her, Cazan was reluctant to leave his side. "I'll leave Lady with him, if anything happens send her for me, please." She didn't want to go eat, didn't have the appetite for it, but the thought of her mate being so disappointed if she neglected to made her sigh and pull away from the hugs so that she could shuffle off and go scrounge for some toast and fruit at least. Maybe by the time she was done there would be some more news, hopefully something good.