World of Pern
[G] [O] [EVENT] 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [G] [O] [EVENT] 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=4685)

741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - B'kit - 18.Oct.20

He’d promised to meet up with J’shom by the entertainment tent later, and made plans to grab drinks and a dance or two with Mylo if he could steal her away from her lordling. For now though, B’kit was content to wander among the stalls, planning for gifts and trying not to overdo it. You should just buy it for him, Erebuth interjected as he lingered over a scarf wondering if J’shom would like it because it was so similar to Siolith’s coloring. Kitt flushed and let it slip from his fingers back down on the table, the wool soft and warm in the chill air.

I don’t even know if he likes scarves. Maybe he thinks they strangle him. Besides, there’s other stalls to visit yet. He felt Erebuth’s amused half-annoyance with his still-besotted rider. It didn’t seem to matter that they’d been dating nearly a full Turn; he still could barely believe it some days.

Buying a few baubles at a jewelry stall, he headed back over toward the main eating tent to see if he could find some cider or spiced nuts to nibble on later.

RE: 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - Sariel - 18.Oct.20

Sariel saw a familiar face as she sipped on cider and, delighted, called out, her green eyes twinkling. The sleepy blue firelizard draped around her neck let out a croon.

"Kitt?" It had seemed a lifetime since that Hatching and her inexcusable and rightly stupid emotional outburst. B'kit, now, she remembered of Blue Erebuth. Cirith gathered this information effortlessly and reached out to the older Weyrling.

Erebuth, hello! Cirith called gaily. My Sariel was at your Hatching. May I come sit with you? It would be lovely to share warmth.

Sariel rose to get a refill of cider and so she didn't have to raise her voice. With the distance closed she touched his elbow gently. Dressed in a soft grey-green tunic paired with a deep green pair of trousers, and belted in green and gold fabric, she looked positively festive.

"I thought that was you. Hello again."

RE: 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - B'kit - 19.Oct.20

Hearing his nickname, he looked up and grinned as he saw Sariel approach. “It’s great to see you again!” Still grinning, he pulled her into a hug. “You’re looking elegant—the cheek though of wearing trousers to a Holderfolk Gather. Probably only get away with that because you’re a gold rider now,” he said with a wink.

Ordering a pair of ciders, they moved away from the bustle of the line so they could catch up properly. “Congratulations on that, by the way. I wish I could have been there to support everyone, but Erebuth was too young yet. And after hearing about the earthshake it’s probably better I wasn’t there. I might have had a panic attack.”

Erebuth obligingly made room for the young—but much larger—gold, inviting her to curl up beside him. I would like that; it is cold here. Much colder than Ista, though not as cold as [i]between[/]. B’kit tells me your rider is L’gan’s mate? I like him. He’s a good friend, and Semath is very nice. Despite his usual wariness around strangers, he couldn’t imagine mistrusting the dragon of someone mated to L’gan.

RE: 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - Sariel - 19.Oct.20

Hugging B'kit back, she leaned up to press a chaste kiss on his cheek. It was such a genuine pleasure to see him again. L'gan kept her up to date on Erebuth and the rest of the Weyrlings so often she half felt as if she were there with him.

"Thank you," she murmured, all bright with that soft sort of joy remembering Impression always drew from her. "I think I'll always be a little shocked by it. That and the earthshake. That was really quite frightening for everyone."

Her fingers squeezed his arm sympathetically.

"Your support, no matter how it's given - near or far - is lovely and ever so welcome." She let out a soft laugh at his comment about her choice of outfit. "You know, it completely slipped my mind that someone might be offended. That might explain some of the scandalized looks I've been getting. Cheekiness I like."

She is L'gan's mate and they are wonderful together. He is very good with his craft, Cirith said with a soft croon as she settled and draped a warm wing over the blue. Being warm is nice and comfortable. It is a pleasure to share it when I can. Is this alright like this, Erebuth? I am not crowding you too much, am I?

RE: 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - B'kit - 19.Oct.20

Erebuth was startled but pleased to find himself draped in a wing. He hummed happily and snuggled close up to her side, though he tried to keep from jabbing her with any of his bony joints in the process. This is lovely, thank you. Siolilth didn’t usually allow the blue to snuggle as much as he’d like despite their riders being together, so most of the cuddles he got were from his clutchmates or Semath or Zellekath when the healers visited, and then only after being poked and prodded.

The riders caught up, talking about their dragons and what Fort was like. B’kit admitted he was relieved when he had Impressed at Ista despite all the setbacks of the particular hatching, since it meant he wouldn’t have to deal with winters at Fort or one of the other Weyrs. He had never tolerated the cold well, and the thought of staying through the full winter had him chilled through just thinking about it. Some part of him would always be tied to the jungles of the South.

“I've been thinking,” he said looking into his mug and flushing slightly. “I’ve been wanting to ask J’shom about sharing a weyr.” He smiled and glanced up. “He’ll say it's too fast, but to me it just feels... right?”

B’kit bit his lip and set the mug aside. “Is he right, though? Am I crazy to be thinking about a step like that?”

RE: 741.10.14 | wandering thoughts - Sariel - 19.Oct.20

You are very, very welcome. It did not matter that she was golden, it mattered that should could offer some goodness to another and that was excellent. She was affectionate by nature, as Semath knew, but it was especially nice since Sariel had been to Erebuth's Hatching. She had known of him before Cirith had even been and that seemed like a really long time to her.

A super long time.

I have heard much about you and your clutchmates. I am glad that we came to the Gather. I would not have met you if we had not and it is good to me far away new friends.

Sariel took a long sip of her cider and then grinned at B'kit.

"Absolutely, you should ask him. Sometimes, things just feel right despite however much time has passed." She reached to squeeze his free hand encouragingly. "Follow your heart or you'll second guess yourself too much. You care for the man enough to ask and that's the important part."