World of Pern
[G] [O] [EVENT] Secret Santa 2.0 - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News, Events & Contests (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Past Events (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=157)
+---- Thread: [G] [O] [EVENT] Secret Santa 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4568)

Secret Santa 2.0 - SunsetWay - 03.Dec.19

I thought about doing another Secret Santa event for the holidays this year but then decided, why not spice it up a bit?

So instead of just randomly matching characters together, I'll randomly toss in an object or an idea for the pair to thread about. For example, M'ris, F'drel, and shopping. Or L'gan, Rhaedalyn, and baby-sitting. Or R'dal and Sariel get lost in the woods (let's hope not! How did they even end up there? Where's Edath?)

Whether you have someone you want to sign up or not, please toss me some ideas to add to the list to help keep things spicy and not leave me floundering and you ending up with a really lame idea.

Like last year, I'll leave everything up to random.org but I will intervene when a player gets their own characters paired up together.

And if anyone wants to be in a thread with three people instead of just two, put that down as well and if there are enough interested, I'll toss up some trios as well.

Also feel free to say you wouldn't mind your character having more than one pair up. Given how many characters I have alone, that will likely be doable and help lower the odds of your own characters matching up. (Looking at you, Candidates! A fun way to get them active or meet new people.)

Sign up by December 6th and I'll randomize it all that night at work or early Saturday morning so everyone has plenty of time to plot and play.

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - ThistleProse - 03.Dec.19

I'd prefer 1 on 1, but my availables are:

B'jin, Casa, Eb'zer, Indivara, Madiquel, N'mor, Phinarion, R'nya, T'bia, and Xyliah

I'd prefer to only play with the first six that show up in Random.org, as I'll be overwhelmed with all ten xD

Ideas
- Stolen Kisses (could be stolen from the RP partner, or stolen from someone not in the thread and now they're hiding etc)
- Chore Failure (dun fucked up dat chore)
- Something Borrowed, damaged (oops. You dun fucked that up too!)
- Gardening
- Turnday Plans
- Romantic / Platonic Sunset Viewing
- Catch That Cow (It escaped! Plus points if no dragonriders are involved xD)
- Shopping Trip
- Hangovers Suck
- Avoiding Trouble
- Hunting for Information

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - Zandelion - 03.Dec.19

tentative sign up, whoo!

characters to throw in the pot:
- F'drel
- Vaera
- Sh'ran
- Tala
- Nerreh
- Tazikel
- M'dox

any of them can get multiple threads or threads with more than one person

Ideas:
- Lost Item
- Being Sick
- Something Happened To My Clothes, Can I Borrow Yours?
- Insomnia (It's 3 AM and Neither of Us Can Sleep)
- Awkward Flirting (between the characters, one character complaining about someone flirting with them, practice flirting on each other cause they're dumb teens, etc)
- Sharing A Bath
- Subterfuge (however people want to interpret that)

Trio Idea: person A walks in on B and C doing something and misreads the situation

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - BardlyThere - 03.Dec.19

*chucks Cazan into the mix**also chucks Je'ler in just in case*

Multiple threads is fine, multiple peeps is fine too.

Ideas:
- Officer I've had a doozy of a day... shenanigans have happened and it's far too late to properly explain now
- would you believe that I got lost and ended up here on accident? Someone ends up somewhere they shouldn't be either on purpose or accident
- an accidental date (what do you mean you weren't really flirting?) Miscommunication is a hell of a drug.
- how much booze was in that punch?

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - ValGal9 - 03.Dec.19

Signing up!

Characters for pairing:
- L'gan
- B'kit
- Helyna

I'm open to multiple threads and / or more than one person in the pairing (trios!)

Ideas:
- I don't think it's supposed to look like that / do it yourself if you're such an expert
- teach me to... (cook / sew / insert skill here)
- 5 at heart (be silly and don't act your age)

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - Pallas - 04.Dec.19

Signing up...Sariel. Greenrider Kestra, too!

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - Jenn - 07.Dec.19

Leeeeet's do

Dandioar
Ameris
A'dis
Raigan
N'vian

Not all of them have to be thrown in though, I'd be chill with one or two with Dandi being the #1 preference

RE: Secret Santa 2.0 - SunsetWay - 07.Dec.19

Here are the results! I didn't end up doubling anyone up or giving out groups of 3s to keep it simple. Since Zan and I each had a double up, I swapped out a character around to spread the love.

To keep it nice and honest, I screen capped the results with only the above mentioned edit on it. Just find your character(s) and match their number to the other team's same number and then find that number in the list of suggestions. (If you're 14, then find the other person who is 14 and your the 14th suggestion)

[Image: me9SUMj.jpg]

[Image: 0o8NHKj.jpg]