World of Pern
[G] [P] 739.04.29 | Impromptu Celebration - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 739.04.29 | Impromptu Celebration (/showthread.php?tid=3980)

739.04.29 | Impromptu Celebration - Kaylira - 29.Apr.18

The rooms that had been given to Kaylira for her stay at Fort Hold were close to Xyliah's.  After her arrival yesterday, she had meant to show her firelizard egg to her friend, but had decided instead to stay in her chambers in case it hatched.  She had asked that her dinner be sent up to her, but Therion invited her to share the evening meal with him, which meant moving the box of sand to the parlor he had prepared for the occasion.  

They'd spent a pleasant couple of hours together and he had finally played his violin for her.  She had sung for him and then they had performed a duet.  When it was time to go, she had kissed him playfully on the cheek, which had made him smile.  Maybe there was hope that their marriage would be a happy one.

She wished the same for Xyliah, who would be married on the morrow.  Most of today had been spent planning a surprise for her and now that dinner was over  and her maidservant had brought what she had asked for, she carefully picked up the egg and placed it in the sling that kept it close to her body for heat.  Draping the bag over her other shoulder, she left her room, the maidservant following behind her with the box full of sand.

It was only a short distance to Xyliah's room and when she reached the door, she knocked sharply, hoping that her friend would be there.

RE: 739.04.29 | Impromptu Celebration - Xyliah - 05.May.18

Xyliah looked up with a start at the sharp knock on her door, her eyes wide as she tried to decide who could possibly be calling on her. Yanzi had left for the night not fifteen minutes ago, and she knew her lifelong friend and maid wouldn’t knock before coming back in – at least, not until tomorrow night! – and she wasn’t expecting to see Jalazmar until the wedding ceremony; her family was superstitious and her mother had informed him quite firmly that he wouldn’t see her until she appeared to marry him. Xyliah thought it was amusing but hadn’t fought her mother on it. Let the woman have her fun, especially since it did no harm to Xyliah or Jalazmar or their pending wedding.

Deciding it was probably Lord Therion coming to check up on her before her day of excitement and mayhem tomorrow, Xyliah quickly smoothed her skirts down, glad she hadn’t changed for bed just yet, and made her way quickly to the door. She opened it with a small smile and a polite look of curiosity on her face as she prepared to ask her host how she could help him. The vision of Kaylira before her was completely unexpected, and Xyliah squealed with delight and grabbed the other woman’s hands, squeezing them joyfully as she drew her to herself for a gentle hug.

“Kaylira! I knew you were coming but I didn’t know you were here!” With the wedding on the morrow, it was hardly surprising that no one had told her that her friend had arrived. Xyliah didn’t mind, she was delighted to see the other woman and beamed at her happily. “Come in!” she encouraged, still claiming one of Kaylira’s hands as she led her friend into the rooms she’d been given and flashed a quick, bemused smile at the maid who was carrying something. “Have a seat!” she added, “Do you want something to drink? I only have water, but Jalazmar gave me some really nice glasses. I think they’re from one of his sibling’s wives?” She pulled a face slightly, mocking and slightly embarrassed by her inability to remember where gifts had come from.