World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Labor of Guilt [Sanderon]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It had been a long day, but the longest part was still coming. I'shan grimaced as he stuck his hand down in a bucket of cool water, watching as blood oozed out of it to cloud the surface. The cut wasn't too bad, though it was bad enough that he might have whimpered over it if he thought e had an audience to placate. When it was just him, he was a great deal better at keeping pain to himself.

You should be careful, love Ilveriath said as he stuck his head in the door. I'shan had left the door and windows open all day for the purpose of ventilation. He had quite the project brewing in the barracks' kitchen, and he didn't want Sanderon to detect it before the appropriate time.

It's funny, really, I'shan said as he wrapped his hand up and went back to work. The last time I did something like this was for N'gelt. There was a weight of sadness in his voice. I'shan missed N'gelt, and there was nothing worse than missing someone who was right there beside you. Hhe was pretty sure N'gelt would scold him for his current endeavor as well, accusing him of only caring about this kid because he wanted some positive attention himself.

I'shan, who was experiencing an amazing streak of pessimism regarding his own value, would not have been surprised to discover it as the truth.

Ilveriath rumbled and craned his neck forward. That's foolish, and you know it the dragon chided lightly. I'shan waved a hand at the dragon before carefully organizing his project and covering it up. "I don't wanna hear it right now, Ilv," the bluerider said, disgusted, though he wasn't sure what at.

His mood had declined steadily throughout the process. A while ago, he'd been singing happily while he worked. Now, as he looked over the finished product and lifted it, he found his spirits rising again. Mmaybe that little nudge Ilveriath was giving him was helping, too.

The bluerider took off down the hallway and carefully balanced the trey in one arm as he unlocked the door to Sanderon's room. "Hey! Guess what!"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
"86...87...88..." Sanderon counted each push up he made under his breath. He had already done crunches and deep knee bends. He was a little on the sweated side but the activity helped to pass the time. It had been five days since he had seen Talian and no word had come yet from anyone about it. Sick and tired of waiting, he quickly got himself into a daily routine. As of yet he had not been allowed out of his room. At this point in his mental reasoning, he did not get angry over it. In fact, he did not blame them at all. After what he had done, he wouldn't be surprised to spend a turn or more locked away here. In fact he totally expected it to be so.

"89...90...91..." He heard I'shan's footsteps. By their tone and speed, it seemed to Sanderon as if the man was carrying something. He also seemed to be in a hurry.

"92...93...94...95..." The sound of the lock was being fiddled with but he kept going. He was nearly finished with his push-up set.

"96...97...98...99..." Sanderon kept counting as the door opened.

"100." Sanderon finished and he turned over and sat there upon the floor, his torso sweated with his efforts. His dry shirt lay on his bed. His feet were bare. There were no need for boots in his room.

Hearing I'shan's enthusiastic greeting.

"Hey! Guess what!"

Nodding his own greeting to the rider he wondered what was up. "I have no idea." Sanderon answered I'shan as he stood up. Taking his shirt that was laying on his bed, he ran it across his sweated face and then turned. "What's that?" He asked when he saw what I'shan was holding.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan bumped the door open with one foot and walked inside, letting it fall shut behind him. He didn't bother to turn around and lock it, even after he set the large tray down on the table on the far side of the room. It was a subtle display of his increasing trust. Sanderon didn't seem keen on trying to fight his way off the island anymore, or at the very least had accepted that notion as impossible and dangerous.

The bluerider corrected his sleeves, which had been rolled up during most of the preparation process. Then, with a smile, he pulled the tray's cover off to reveal what he'd been working on all day. I'shan loved any excuse to cook, and in all honesty there wasn't much for him to actually do on the island other than skip around outside and talk to Ilveriath. Well, there was Sanderon as wel, but I'shan tended to assume that the kid didn't want much to do with him.

That was something the bluerider had been working on forcing himself to understand and accept. Reasonably, he knew he couldn't expect everyone to like him. That had never stopped him from trying, or letting it bother him when it didn't work out. Lately, he'd resolved to be on his best behavior regarding , in particular, this boy.

Maybe Sanderon would never like him. I'shan was oddly at peace with that, in spite of his usual behavior. Maybe it was the recent conversations he'd had with some of his friends, maybe it was Ilveriath, or maybe he'd just quietly understood all along but refused to acknowledge. This wasn't about him. It never had been and never would be. I'shan was both selfish and selfless at the same time and often oblivious to his own ravenous focus on his own needs. Since talking to the others and having long thinking-aloud sessions with Ilveriath, well...he was a little bit embarassed over his own behavior.

None of that showed for the time being, though. I'shan was all smiles, though the desperate tinge was missing this time around. He motioned down to the meal he'd prepared, which was balanced around a central dish of roasted herdbeast which had taken all day to cook just right. There was also far too much of it.

"Listen," I'shan said, holding his hands up half-defensively as he started his explanation. "I know you and Talian heard me the other day. I didn't want to spy on you, but the Weyrleader was pretty insistent that visits be supervised. I technically wasn't even supposed to let him in the room by himself, but I knew you weren't gonna hurt him."

The bluerider sighed. "The Weyrleader is just worried about you, is all. After Talian tried to kill himself, he's been sick over the whole thing. He just...I guess he views everyone here as his responsibility. It's his job to keep us all safe. So, I listened in...and well, I know you can't have your special thing with your family. I don't know the details, but I know when something special happened in my life, my mother always cooked for me. So...I figured I'd do the same for you."

Ilveriath reminded I'shan of a small detail, and the little bluerider laughed.

"Oh yeah. We have another guest, too. D'ren couldn't m-"

I did! I made it! Ronarth said loudly. I'shan jumped at the bronze's voice, which appeared suddenly in both humans' minds. But I can't find a window. Is there a window?

"There's not a window!" I'shan shouted, loud enough for the bronze to hear through the walls. The dragon was positively distraught. Well how am I supposed to share the food?

I'shan's jaw dropped comically. "It's not for YOU! No way, you fat...!" he squealed. "There's no way you're getting near it. And I better not catch you trying to fit in the windows in the lobby!"

D'ren said you had to do what I tell you

"No he didn't! I have to do what HE tells me! You're just a fat dragon!"

Amused, Ilveriath took this opportunity to wiggle into Sanderon's mind, though he knew the young man had no way of replying to him. The meal is in honor of your skills with your bow. I bear a deep scar from that day he said calmly, no malice or bitterness present in his soothing mindvoice. He sounded similar to I'shan, but deeper and more distant, with a gentler flow. In my estimation, you are a worthier opponent than any pack of felines. He didn't know if Sanderon had seen him clearly enough to notice the large scars he bore from that particular encounter, protecting his poor rider from an entire pack of the beasts during their exile. They were hard to miss, but Ilveriath no longer remembered the pain. In fact, he perhaps misremembered the pain of the arrow, since I'shan tended to remember it so..dramatically.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon noted I'shan's failure to lock the door behind him. He thought it was a very interesting thing. He had no desire to run out and be an idiot but he did miss looking at the stars and seeing the sun on his face. No matter, he deserved what he got.

Watching as I'shan brought in a covered tray and set it upon the table, he was very curious. The smells coming from it were very enticing. He hadn't smelled something so wonderful for an incredibly long time. He wondered what was up. It was something out of the normal routine and he wasn't sure if he could trust it. Seeing I'shan's bright smile was encouraging though. There was nothing suspicious about it. The man seemed truly delighted in what he was doing or about to do. Sanderon was more than a little confused though. This amount of enthusiasm had never accompanied a meal before. Neither had the delivery of this food. Hidden under a lid upon the tray? That was a new one.

When the lid came off the meal and revealed a feast of food surrounding a beautifully roasted herdbeast, Sanderon took a short step backwards in his surprise. It was the most delicious thing he had seen and smelled since...well since his mother's cooking. With eyes instantly confused and his stomach grumbling with want and his mouth watering with the smells, he looked to I'shan for an explanation.

Hearing the bluerider confess to have listened in on his conversation with Talian and the reason behind it surprised him for a variety of reasons. The fact that he wasn't angry at all was one of them. The other was that I'shan had trusted him to be safe. Was the fact that the door to his room being unlocked right now another evidence that he was trusted? The thought was a welcome one. It felt good to be trusted even if it was just in a small way.

When I'shan continued about how the weyrleader's job was to protect him and make sure he was okay, as well as everyone else a strange sensation began to filter into his heart. Respect for D'ren and appreciation for I'shan's watching out for him felt nice. Perhaps he wasn't so alone after all.

Hearing I'shan mention his 'special day' with his family brought his chin up and his eyes focused intently upon I'shan's. He did not know where this was going but he hoped the bluerider would tread carefully. This was a very sensitive topic with him that he had thought he shared only with Talian.

Sanderon turned his gaze from I'shan to the feast laid out nicely upon the tray and then back at I'shan again. His mouth opened slightly and his eyes grew soft and pained. Another emotion could clearly be seen and it existed in his entire countenance. Deep appreciation. Sanderon was extremely touched. His heart thudded with a strange warmth that he had not felt in a very long time. And he was very much without words to describe how he felt.

A small part of him wanted to toss the food aside but it fizzled very quickly. I'shan might have been one of the direct causes of his capture, but he was also the one to have gifted him with the acknowledgement he had been without for so long. "You made this...for my huntsman's gift?"

Hearing of another guest visitor, Sanderon perked stood straighter wondering who it might be. He didn't have long to wait before a very familiar voice entered his mind. Sanderon found himself smiling. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, he liked the weyrleader's bronze.

"Ronarth." He acknowledged with a feeling resembling joy. He thought it was funny that the bronze was looking for a window. The last time he actually saw the bronze looking through one, he had broken it without his snout.

When the conversation between Ronarth and I'shan's yells continued, Sanderon did something he hadn't done since he had been at Katila. He laughed. His voice was rich and open showing his good will and the humor he saw. And it was especially humorous when I'shan yelled back calling Ronarth Fat. It felt so good to laugh. He couldn't believe he hadn't done it before.

When Ilveriath's calm and soothing mindvoice came to him, Sanderon's checked his laughter down to a smile and listened. The words were few but their importance to him was incredible. It took him a long moment before he could utter a sound. With a sober face, he spoke, "I'shan. You and Ilveriath stole me away that day and it wasn't a fun day for any of us. I have forgiven you. But I will never forget and I don't think you will either. It is a harsh thing that is between us."

Reaching out his hand for the first time to I'shan, he offered it to the man with a look of appreciation and respect in his eyes. "You gave me more than you know. I became a true huntsman today. ...Thank you."

After letting that sink in, he made a request. "Would you allow me to eat this outside with Ilveriath, Ronarth and yourself? I haven't seen the sun in a long time. I will not run. You have my solemn promise."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Even though I'shan had resolved not to get mushy and finicky over this kid, he couldn't help but smile when he saw the way the young man was admiring the meal he'd prepared. It was more then he usually got from N'gelt, at least since the grumpy brownrider had been assigned as Weyrsecond! I'shan remembered thinking that was the best thing in the world at first, but the following sevendays quickly proved him...well, he didn't want to say wrong, but perhaps 'over-enthusiastic'. N'gelt wasn't around much anymore, and the longer they stayed together, the more the brownrider seemed to take him for granted.

Now wasn't the time to linger on that, though. I'shan nodded slowly in response to Sand's question. "I sure did," he said. "I hope I did it right, or...at least came up with a passable substitute. I'd have made it with wherry instead, since that's something wild, but I'm better with red-blooded meats," he quickly explained.

His little spat with Ronarth left him impetuous and adorably red-faced. By the time he'd finished his shouting match with the dragon, however, he was thrilled to realize Sanderon was laughing. I'shan's own laugh quickly joined him. "You're most welcome!" he said, pausing when he realized that Ilveriath was bespeaking the boy.

A moment later, I'shan's eyes widened and his jaw half-slacked as Sanderon offered him his hand. Without pause, I'shan reached out and took it. I'shan's hand was soft, as all dragonriders' hands were, and his grip was almost excitably firm.

"I'm glad. Glad to have done something good, I mean," he said, almost tumbling on his words. The spunky bluerider was so used to being told everything he did was wrong...it felt unbelievable to know he'd finally done something right. He flashed a twitchy smile. "..Same to you, really."

He had to take a moment to consider the request. He wasn't supposed to let Sanderon outside, and the hesitance showed in his face...But this was still the same bluerider who once leaped out a window to evade the Weyrleader. After a second, his most impish grin appeared. It was diabolical. "That sounds like a plan to me. Come on, I'll carry the tray.  You go on out."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

His calloused hand gripped I'shan's soft one. He was pleased that at least the man had a firm grip. That was good. But would he allow Sanderon to leave his prison, if only for one meal? He saw the rider hesitate and prepared himself to accept a 'no' for an answer.

When the answer finally came, Sanderon had to pause and replay what he had just heard. He did not ask for confirmation. He simply pulled on the shirt he was currently holding and then moved to the door. He paused at the door and looked back just to double check. He would hate to have been tricked. When no call came for him to stop, he nodded his head just slightly in thanks and then reached out and opened the door.

It was within his ability right now to slam the door in I'shan's face and lock the man in. This thought even crossed his mind but it was dismissed quickly. He had no intention of doing such a thing. He would have a few weeks earlier without a second thought. But things had changed. He had changed.

For a moment he was uncertain which way to turn. He had been unconscious when brought in. But remembering the numerous times he had heard I'shan's footsteps, he turned in the direction they always seemed to come from. Following the path the rider had taken, Sanderon had to squint and sheild his eyes quickly when the sunshine suddenly hit his face through a window.

He heard I'shan's footsteps behind him and so after a short pause, he kept his eyes narrowed and his hand shading them and headed towards the outdoors. Opening the main door he took a deep breath of the fresh air and felt the breeze on his skin. Lowering his hand, he blinked several times and then stepped outside carefully.

"Ilveriath, Ronarth... You are well?" He greeted the blue and bronze that he saw were nearby. Turning back to I'shan when the man joined him, he added. "Thank you. It feels good to be outside again."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon didn't have to look far to find the dragons, or at least one of them. After his squabble with I'shan, Ronarth relocated himself to the front of the building and stuck his head inside the door I'shan had left open, undoubtedly lured by the wonderful smells still wafting through the air. The bronze nosed one of the pots over right as Sanderon made his appearance, pinning it against the stove and snaking his forked tongue into it to lap at the leftovers.

When I'shan came up behind, carrying the tray precariously in both arms, he frowned. "Hey! What the shards are you doing?"

The bronze turned, eyes flashing a bright shade of yellow in response. He spoke for all to hear: Burning my tongue... He sounded amazingly disappointed at that fact. I'shan just puffed up, not unlike a prissy teenaged girl, and stomped his foot.

"Serves you right, you fat beast!" he said, his voice becoming impetuously high. He was impossible to take seriously like this, at least in Ronarth's estimation. I can't taste the food because it's so hot. You should make it less hot he suggested before pulling his neck back through the door. Then, he blinked a time or two and looked at Sanderon. My tongue hurts, but I am fine. How are you?

Ilveriath, meanwhile, walked up behind and coiled into a sitting position close by. I am fine as well he purred softly. I'shan mumbled about his food being stolen as he edged his way outside, walking a fair distance from the building and eventually coming to rest under a nice shaded tree. "Why I never...." he sighed as he walked past, mumbling something about people controlling their dragons.

Ilveriath was highly amused. He purred a bit, hanging back to accompany Sanderon on the walk, though for a dragon it was only a few strides. I'shan appears excitable, but he is quite thrilled at your acceptance he commented, almost poking fun at his erratic rider. His words, however, were laced with affection. While I'shan laid the food out, Ilveriath laid down close by, setting his head close so I'shan could pet him. When Ronarth attempted to do the same, I'shan wielded a spoon threateningly. "Go away! This is NOT for you!"

Ronarth sulked. Just a little?

"No!"

The bluerider sighed, composed himself, and looked to Sanderon again. "Anyhow...sorry about all of that," he said, managing a slightly embarrassed laugh. "Here, though. This is for you, so you get to make your plate first." He beamed. Hhe'd made way too much food for one person, but he honestly hadn't expected Sanderon to want to share.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seeing Ronarth licking the pot sent Sanderon's mouth into a slow grin. He had a feeling I'shan would scold the bronze for his bold intrusion into the man's cooking pots. He liked the dragon's antics. Hearing that the beast had burned his tongue only made his grin widen. He did not say anything though. He listened and continued to walk while I'shan's rant came right on time.

"You shouldn't have raided the pot." He pointed out to Ronarth when the dragon mentioned his burnt tongue. Sanderon's grin was a little more subdued now but still there. "I'm glad you are okay otherwise." He added.

When Ilveriath showed up, Sanderon turned and looked upon him with a different mental perspective. This dragon had been in his mind several times the last couple of seven-days. He did not like the part the Blue had played in his capture but he felt he understood the overall character of the dragon a little more than he had before. So, perhaps for the first time since his capture, he stopped and really took in the dragon's appearance. Instead of just seeing the blue hide and the flashes of memory that came with it, he looked carefully. He opened his observant eyes and really took a look at what he had been avoiding for so long. He saw the scar his arrow had made. He also saw several scars of battle with...feline claws and teeth by the looks of them. The slight variations of color in his hide, to the size and shape of his body, his posture, the current coloring of his eyes, the set of his wings... every little detail was taken in and it told him a story of hardship and pain.

Sanderon frowned a little at this revelation. He did not want to 'like' the blue, but he certainly couldn't hate him as much as he once had. Especially with what Ilveriath had been doing for him lately. He didn't know if he could hate the blue at all at this point, though some harsh feelings still remained and probably always would. He tried to be civil though. There was no reason to be spiteful.

"It's good that you are fine." He mumbled quietly in reply to the Blue's answer to his question. As he walked by the blue's side, he turned his attention to him when he spoke of I'shan being excitable but thrilled. One corner of his mouth pulled up into a half-smile. "When is I'shan ever not excitable?" He asked quietly for the Blue's ears only.

When they all reached a nice shady spot under a nearby tree, Sanderon stood awkwardly, not knowing what he should be doing at this point. He watched as I'shan set things in order and Ilveriath settling himself near his rider.

Having I'shan chase Ronarth off though, brought a quick frown into his eyes. Setting himself down on the opposite side of the feast from I'shan, he waved Ronarth over. "You can sit by me. But do not touch or I'shan will eat you." He couldn't help the quiet smirk that played upon his lips and the quick gleam of playfulness in his eyes. "I'll give you something after we're finished." He added, but knew that he would probably sneak a piece or two to the bronze throughout.

Taking the plate at I'shan's encouragement, he took another appreciative look at the 'gift' meal before him and sighed. So many emotions were conflicted in him over this whole gesture but he chose to ignore them and sort it all out later. For now, he nodded his thanks and piled his plate high.

A sudden thought came to him at that point and he wondered why he hadn't thought of it before. Before taking his first bite of the mouth-watering food on his plate, he asked,"Why are you here without your rider Ronarth?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan minced about for a moment, making sure everything was perfect before flopping in the grass to fix his own plate. He hadn't expected it to be shared, but she sure as shells wasn't going to complain! "Don't feel so bad for Ronarth," he said, pointing the spoon for emphasis. "That dragon steals food from everyone. All the time." He took a bite. Oh, it had come out perfect! "But," the bluerider continued with an awkwardly full mouth, "it might give him a stomach ache. I gave Ilv people food one time when I was a weyrling, and that was enough!"

The bluerider was perfectly relaxed and seemed just fine to sit there and eat, babble, and occasionally reach out to pat his dragon. Ilveriath began purring softly, a light rumbling sound that emanated from deep in his chest, and slid his snout just close snough to brush against his rider's thigh. I'shan paused and looked down, a flicker of enchantment shining in his eyes, as if he were looking upon the beast for the first time. "Pretty boy," he crooned, reaching out to stroke the flat snout.

Ronarth wanted pats, too. He slid his own nose towards Sanderon, imitating Ilveriath even though he was much, much larger. He's too small to eat me the bronze pointed out helpfully. And besides, he is very concerned with what is and is not people food. I am not people food. So he won't eat me.

Ronarth was not Pern's smartest dragon.

The next question caused the bronze's eyes to turn yellow. Oh...D'ren would have come, but his little human is sick. Maybe she had too much people food... the bronze said. He bristled uncomfortbly. He hated to think that anything was wrong with D'ren's baby, and he failed to understand that an upset stomach didn't equal really sick. He had to stay and take care of her

He glanced towards I'shan. Besides, he does not like Ilveriath's rider much. D'ren says he doesn't respect people who stay in 'abusive relationships'. Whatever that meant.

I'shan glanced up. He noticed Ronarth's distress and frowned. "Is he okay? I didn't upset you, did I, big boy?" he asked, curious and oblivious.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon took his first bite of the food as Ronarth snuck in closer and placed his large head close enough to touch. The taste of the food in his mouth made him smile with appreciation. "Delicious." He commented quietly. He hadn't tasted something so fine in a long while it seemed.

With the plate on his lap, he took a second bite as he listened to Ronarth speak in his mind. It was funny when he mentioned not being 'people food' and Sanderon couldn't help the slight smirk that came to his mouth as he ate. Hearing about D'ren's sick child was taken properly with a frown and a nod of acknowledgement.

"I hope his little human is feeling better soon." He commented to Ronarth. "I'm glad you could make it. I remember you being in my head when I lost my mind. Thanks for being there for me."

Hearing Ronarth's next words about D'ren not liking I'shan and how I'shan was in an abusive relationship, caused Sanderon to stiffen slightly. He was very careful to keep his facial expressions steady and he purposefully did not look at the bluerider for a moment.

Abused?

Hearing I'shan address Ronarth's distress, Sanderon quickly took a piece of meat from his plate and tossed it over for Ronarth to catch...or not. It might just land on his snout if he wasn't quick.

"He's fine." Sanderon nodded. "You aren't though, are you?" He added boldly as he took another bite of his food. After enjoying the taste, and swallowing it, he washed it down with the drink that was also provided. "Care to tell me about your life I'shan? You've learned enough about me from eavesdropping the other day. What makes you happy and sad? Have any goals for the future? Fallen in love with anyone?"

Sanderon kept his voice calm but his questions were a little personal. He spoke boldly, wondering if that was the right tactic. It didn't matter who the person was or if he even liked them or not. If someone was in danger, Sanderon would help if he could. If I'shan was in an abusive relationship, things had to change. Then again, Sanderon was well aware of the fact that if I'shan did not want the help, he might not be able to do anything about it. I'shan had been taking care of him for a while now. Maybe it was his turn to look out for I'shan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ronarth's head shot up like an eager canine. He snapped at the meat, catching it awkwardly before tossing it back into his mouth. There wasn't very much of it, so the dragon decided the best thing to do would be to chew it for as long as possible. That served as the perfect distraction for the topic now at hand, which didn't rouse any sort of suspicion from I'shan, but earned a quiet whirl of yellow in Ilveriath's eyes.

I'shan glanced towards Sanderon, surprised but beyond pleased by the uncharacteristic, indeed unexpected change of heart. "Hm," he said, crossing his arms and rocking back against the dragon's neck. "I don't know if I really do much," he said. "I..." Wow, that was a broad topic. The bluerider's enthusiasm wavered when he realized how much he could potentially talk about...and how little of it was positive.

There was Farlint, who might never walk again. There was N'gelt, who ignored him. There was B'jin, who'd become afraid of him. Then there was Erisi, Ishadhe, R'nd....it was a lot. I'shan hadn't really stepped back and viewed the big picture, instead choosing to look at each little incident in a vacuum. Okay, so he was a failure as a father. Check. His weyrmate had run his friend off. Check.

How, as he glanced over the whole mess, he couldn't help but frown.

"I guess it's been day to day stuff since the plague," he muttered. He felt a very sudden, very acute sense of homesickness. He'd been so pleased by the unification of Katila and so happy to have something resembling civilization again that he'd never stopped to question it before. He'd been petty, frivolous, living day to day. He'd always lived day to day. Maybe that's why his problems seemed so small when they were isolated. He could ignore one thing.

He swallowed his discontent and let out a beaming grin. "I dunno, though. I mean, I have a lot to be thankful for...I was just a teenager when the plague hit. My mom died the same turn, and almost none of the dragons as young as Ilv was made it across the sea...and I dunno, I'm kind of a wimp. Somehow, we survived through all that, so...I guess I'm jusy happy to be here, no matter what happens."

It was an honest, candid answer that he thought hard about. It was also not exactly an answer to Sanderon's question.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon watched as Ronarth snatched the piece of meat out of the air from the corner of his eye. His main focus was upon I'shan as the man spoke. He was quick to realize that the man did not answer his most important question.

Eating his meal in silence for a while, a part of Sanderon enjoyed the delicious meal and just the freedom of being outside again. It felt...good. Looking around at the trees, the water, the meal and I'shan, also the dragons, Sanderon took every tiny detail into his mind. It was instinct to 'see' things that others might overlook.

Seeing I'shan, Sanderon saw a man who was not strong emotionally. Physically, he had done a very fine job of capturing him...for the most part, but was he strong enough to protect himself from emotional or mental harm? A feeling in Sand's gut suggested that what Ronarth had said was very possible. This blue rider might be in an abusive relationship after all. It was tiring just thinking about getting involved if that were the case. But he had everyone that saw his own troubles turn a blind eye. Sanderon refused to do the same.

Ronarth...who is abusing I'shan? He silently asked, hoping that the dragon might hear him and answer. Knowing the answer might be useful for him to help.

As he waited for an answer, Sanderon wondered if he should let it go for now or confront I'shan openly. He did not even know if I'shan was 'with' anyone for sure. On that level he could care less. But he did care about a person in possible trouble. His protective side kicked in and before he talked himself out of it he opened his mouth and put it all on the line.

"You are in an bad relationship. Aren't you? I'm offering my help." Setting his eating utensil down upon his plate, Sanderon settled his calm gaze upon I'shan and gave the man his full attention. He would help if he could.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ronarth did not hear. He was too busy chewing on his piece of meat, rolling in the grass, sniffing things, and generally being distracted. Ilveriath, however, was both sensitive and alert. The search dragon was constantly locked on Sanderon, watching his mind for signs of disturbance, though his task was less one of scrutiny and more one of curiosity at this point. He saw no reason to dislike the boy, in spite of having been shot. He no longer felt or remembered the pain, and like I'shan, he was happy to be forgiven.

The question was troubling, though. The dragon exhaled, his eyes flushing yellow, but he did not reply. He knew the answer, but what could he say? He decided to wait and see what else the humans might say before chiming in. He didn't want to betray his rider, but he also wanted very badly to help.

I'shan was happily working away at his portion of the meal when the next question came. It froze him in his tracks. He'd been asked about his relationship with N'gelt before. Most people seemed to think the gruff brownrider was abusive! The fact that the rumor had gotten around to Sanderon of all people, who surely didn't know about their weyrmated status, alarmed and troubled him. How could he answer that?!

"No," he lied, almost panicked. "I mean, well...No. People misunderstand," he said. He was defensive, but not snappish. In fact, he seemed terribly cowed by the question, which wasn't helping his answer look any more legitimate.

Memories flooded him. He remembered the first time he met N'gelt, and how dangerous and wild it had all felt. It had been a horrible, beautiful thing. N'gelt was rough sometimes, yes. He was demanding and callous and gruff and rude and sometimes gross. He wasn't so bad though. I'shan knew it to be true. N'gelt wasn't the monster everyone portrayed him as, but trying to argue in his mate's defense was useless; people always just said he'd been tamed and trained to respond in such ways. They said 'of course you'd defend him, you're blind to the truth!'. But he didn't think he was.

How could he ever, ever make Sanderon understand, though? I'shan looked away, ashamed, as he tried to ponder a proper response.

Ilveriath latched on to the memories and saved him. It is N'gelt he said privately to Sanderon. Ilveriath could remember all the details now. N'gelt and I'shan were engaged in a flight together, as opponents. Saquith and I both lost, and N'gelt took I'shan instead. It was an uncomfortable situation, but they have grown fond of one another  He made sure to include the last part, which was undeniably true. For some reason, those two cared deeply for one another...even if their habits were mutually destructive to one another.

Ilveriath was uncomfortable, but he felt the need to continue,if only to avoid drama. N'gelt would not harm him physically

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon saw clearly I'shan's defensive lie. He had even expected it. The man wasn't a very good liar at all. Tilting his head slightly, he narrowed his eyes with deep consideration and listened as I'shan claimed that people just misunderstood. If that were the case, why was the man lying?

Frowning slightly he was about to ask I'shan to explain himself then when Ilveriath gave him the answer he expected Ronarth to give. Had the blue been listening again? Evidently.

N'gelt?!

Sanderon's face grew stern and his body visibly stiffened at hearing the name of the man that had lashed him during that public torture. The ache still across his back seemed to flare up as his memory of that event came clearly to his mind. If I'shan was involved with that man, he was anything but fine.

Spitting into the grass at his side, he turned his dark gaze back to I'shan. His voice was still surprisingly calm with only the slightest hint of harshness as he said, "N'gelt? You're with N'gelt?" Closing his eyes for a moment, he was extremely aware of his anger getting stronger. Shaking his head at himself, he worked hard at putting his own feelings aside and concentrated on I'shan. The man needed some serious help.

"You say people misunderstand." He offered. "Make me understand then. I'm listening." And he was. People sometimes did misunderstand. As much as he hated N'gelt, he wanted to hear what I'shan had to say.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan knew when he'd been seen through. He fidgeted uncomfortably and reached out to Ilveriath for help, but he was surprised when he came to a strong wall. I'shan winced, stunned to find himself walled off from his placid partner. If he were asked, Ilveriath simply would have replied 'this hurts me more than it hurts you'. I'shan didn't need to run from every confrontation. He didn't need to lean on someone else every time he was asked a hard question. N'gelt wasn't there right now, and neither was R'nd. Ilveriath, the eternal answer to I'shan's insecurities, was still there, but conspicuously silent.

I'shan hissed in frustration, glaring at his dragon. You told him? You TOLD him?

Ilveriath projected his apology, but only for the hurt he'd caused, not the action. He had a right to know. Keeping it a secret was not going to protect him for long. Besides, are you ashamed of N'gelt?

I'shan's eyes widened. No, no he wasn't. He sucked it up, swallowing the rapidly forming lump in his throat, and looked back to Sanderon. He saw the anger there and almost wilted, but he forced himself to maintain eye contact.

"I was afraid you'd hate me even more if you knew. That's....I couldn't stop crying that day, it was just horrible," he murmured. "He's...I dunno.  He always makes me feel so safe and wanted. He's jealous, and protective...but he never lets anyone mess with me. I-..." He was stammering, his usual eloquence cut short by the tension. Sanderon was obviously trying to be calm for him, so he tried his best to be calm in return.

"It's a long story, really. It started with a bad flight. It's just something that happens, I guess. And he complimented me after, and paid attention to me...I guess I was just really sharding lonely. He's really different from me, but he protects me and he likes the things about me that...just kind of annoy everyone else..."

He wiped his eyes. "I'm really, really sorry about what happened." There was that word again. This time, like last time, he meant it.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon saw the moment when I'shan confronted his dragon. With a glaring hiss, the man obviously shared words with his blue. What they might be, Sanderon had no clue. What he did know was what Ilveriath had told him. He kept his anger in check and just waited. His meal was left alone on his lap as he watched the silent exchange.

When I'shan turned to him Sanderon noticed that the man kept eye contact. Despite the fact that it looked a little forced, he thought it was a good sign that the man would not avoid this subject now. What he heard the man say at first caused him to shake his head.

"I don't hate you for that. You aren't the one that tortured my flesh." He wanted to add that I'shan was the one that had tortured his heart but he left it alone. What was done, was done.

Listening as I'shan continued, Sanderon's eyes remained narrow and he found himself shaking his head very slowly. When the man was finished, he ignored the 'I'm sorry' part and went straight to the heart of the matter without mercy. Laying it straight out in all of its horrible truth, he spoke.

"I'shan, he raped you, gave you a compliment and then claimed you for his own. There is no misunderstanding possible with that. Don't you see? Of course N'gelt likes you. You probably never tell him no."

Sanderon was no longer hungry. This whole thing just made him sick.

Turning his gaze away from I'shan, he looked first to Ronarth playing in the grass and then to Ilveriath. To the blue he thought, How can I help?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan paused, staring blankly back at Sanderon as he processed the words that had just been spoken to him. A lot of people had insinuated that N'gelt didn't treat him 'right' or that their union got off to a violent start, but no one had ever taken that step before. It's not like it wasn't something I'shan knew already, though. He was just an expert at lying to himself.

He frowned, thinking hard on that first encounter. He remembered the way he wriggled and squirmed, demanding to know the name of the brownrider suddenly facing him.

He remembered stirring later and rolling over to face the man. You raped me, he'd pointed out, like it was no big deal.

He offered Sanderon a lopsided smile. "That's the messed up thing around the weyr," he said. "That's...just how flights work sometimes. It's like being drunk. Sometimes you don't even really remember. And I guess I would be just as much at fault because I didn't really say 'no'." It was an embarrassing subject, but I'shan was often embarrassingly candid about personal details. He was more at ease now, though he reflected a bit of sadness.

"I could tell he wasn't going to let me go even if I did, and I was wrapped up in the flight, so  I let it happen. That was my fault. But he was good to me, and didn't kick me out on my ass or beat me up like..." He frowned a bit as he thought of that horrible, wildcat green he'd caught that one time, the one that gave him the fat lip and black eye. His expression was comical.

"It's just dragonrider drama I guess. Ilv wouldn't have put me through it if I couldn't take it. They never do." He looked up, eyes shining with gratitude. "...Thanks for asking about me, though. I don't know who tipped you off, but 'Gelt would never hurt me. I guess it does sort of look weird from the other end, though. He's quiet and grumpy and never really around anymore since he got that job, and he can be...demanding towards me..."

He winced modestly. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't recall ever saying 'no'. Suddenly, he felt very vulnerable indeed. "Heh...my friends all hate him. He broke up with me for dancing with someone else at the hatching feast last turn, and we both got all depressed. He avoided me when I tried to talk to him, then finally Ilv went to try and talk to him. It was pretty bad..I wandered over there and his dragon shoved me in the door. Knocked me down once, then just kept pushing. Bruised me all up, but I know he didn't mean to. He's just big."

He laughed, crisp and fond. He really did love N'gelt, and while that showed, a great deal of consideration and awareness did as well. He'd never thought of his relationship in that light. N'gelt's control over him wasn't that complete, was it?

Was it?

He swallowed hard. "...Thanks again. You know, I know everyone thinks and worries about it, but not even my best friend has actually said anything TO me. I think he's afraid of 'Gelt finding out. I know he thinks about it though, and hints about it...So, thank you for being the first one to actually say something. I'm fine, though. I really am."

Ilveriath sighed deeply. You are already helping. For one so friendly, he is always alone.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

When I'shan offered Sanderon a lopsided grin, his frown deepened. This was not a matter to be smiled over. Shaking his head and sighing quietly he listened as the man began to speak. He could see the different emotions crossing over the rider's face. When he saw awareness and enlightenment, Sanderon's expression relaxed a little. He wasn't so much angry at this point than worried and frustrated. Perhaps I'shan had been blind to what had really happened?

Just rider drama? ...'Ilv wouldn't have put me through it if I couldn't take it.' ...What?

Throwing a quick glance to Ilveriath and Ronarth, Sanderon stiffened. He could tell that the dragons did not enslave the minds of their riders, as he had once thought. But was this any better? With his mouth slightly open as he sucked in a tight breath and his brow furrowed with serious incredulity, he kept his voice silent for a while as his brain tried to examine I'shan's words from every angle. When he finally spoke he did not mince his words. What he thought, he spoke.

"I could care less what N'gelt thinks. And someone had to speak up. This is not right and you are not fine. How can you let your dragon do that to you? How can you shrug it off as a normal occurance? If this is the way it is with riders ...maybe now you'll understand why I don't want to impress. If being a rider means getting beat up, violated and raped I want no part of it."

Surprisingly his words were not shouted. They were tight with feeling as he sat there with his plate of food still resting on his lap.

Turning to Ilveriath after hearing the blue's words, he said something that might be taken as unkind but he meant it to be taken with serious thought. "Could he be alone because you allow things like this to happen?" In silence he added with his mind only. Was I captured for the sole purpose of Impressing a dragon when all it will do is allow me to be mauled by sex-crazed maniacs? No thanks. I'd rather die. You should treat I'shan with more dignity than that. He needs strong friends not rapist-lovers.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At first, I'shan blinked disbelievingly at Sanderon's comments. He frowned a little bit, pursing his lips as he tried to think of a response that didn't sound like frantic barking. He was a dragonrider. He knew the bond. He knew it was worth the crazy inconveniences and hardships that sometimes came along with it. How could he tell that to this kid, though? This kid, who'd lost so much? There was no way to magically impart understanding upon him, no way to word the perfection of a man's bond with his dragon. What could I'shan ever say in response to that demanding question, then?

He thought about it, muted but attentive. "It's...impossible to describe," he said, reaching out to lightly run his fingers over Ilveriath's snout. "The bond, I mean. It's put me in some compromising positions a few times, but it's...it's like finding a whole new part of your soul that you never knew was there. He didn't change me or force me to be anything I'm not. It's like...it's like he gave me exactly what I needed, nothing more and nothing less. "

"...I know it sounds nuts to you, though. I didn't believe it before, either. But when I watched Erisi and Valerian Impress at the last hatching, I cried. That sounds stupid, but all I could think about was when I met Ilv for the first time. He's...so incredibly worth it." He laughed joyfully at the end, looking down at his dragon with supreme fondness, even though the blue's eyes were suddenly clouded in worry at Sanderon's words.

I'shan heard them and frowned. He wasn't like some; he didn't snap at people for speaking harshly to or about his dragon, but it still looked like he'd been kicked in the gut, perhaps from the pang he felt from the dragon. Ilveriath was confused. Allowing what to happen?

More dignity? Ilveriath asked, his words public.  What is it that you mean? I would never harm I'shan.

Ronarth, who'd found the perfect patch of grass for rolling, heard what was being discussed from Ilveriath. D'ren does not like other males. Or females aside from Tsuen. He only likes Tsuen. So I only chase Nirinath. I don't know. He seemed to mentally shrug, like it was no big deal.

I'shan hugged Ilveriath's head protectively. "Oh, Sand. Dragons...don't really understand things the same way we do. They don't really..." How to word it? "I've known greenriders to be snatched by people during flights and be rattled afterwards...and report that their dragon didn't understand why they were upset. Dragons don't think about those things the same way we do. To them, it's natural."

Well, since everyone was being blunt..."There's no way to prevent it, really. It's something we all have to get used to. It sucks, but when it really comes down to it, they won't let something happen if it will really hurt you mentally. Never. That's what I remind myself of after bad flights..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon listened very carefully to everything I'shan and both dragons had to say. He was still in body but his mind was racing, trying to make sense of it all.

"I found a whole new side of my soul recently and it wasn't very enjoyable." He commented finally after what seemed like a long time. "I don't understand. Maybe I never will." He admitted as he watched the obvious affection both rider and dragon had for each other. It was undeniably strong.

Glancing at the food in his lap, he frowned at it for a moment as the memory of I'shan's recent laughter came into his mind. From Ilveriath, to Ronarth and then back at I'shan his confused gaze roamed. Then he nodded once. "Maybe you are fine with this. ...But I'm not."

His voice was still quiet and not shouting and his racing mind was slowing down a little. He did not like what he was hearing at all but something did give him a glimmer of hope. What Ronarth had said about his rider's preferences influencing who he flew...that was a very good thing indeed, if it could be trusted. He had no idea how he felt about Ronarth's rider, D'ren at this time but he thought it couldn't hurt to at least ask him a few questions. He wanted to make sense of it all.

Not saying anything else because he did not know what to say, he picked up his eating utensil again and began to eat his food once more. If I'shan or the dragons wanted to continue to speak to him, that would be fine. But for now, he had a lot to consider. He was very confused with conflicted ideas and emotions.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan managed a slight, yet impish smile. "I don't blame you for that. It's like I said...it sounded crazy to me when I was a kid. And I....well, I guess I was afraid Impressing a dragon would compromise who I am in some way. My mom really wanted me to go for it, though. It meant a lot to her." He paused and took in a sharp breath, as if startled or somehow wounded by his own words. He could remember how his mother pleaded for him to heed the searchrider's call. It was his destiny, she told him.

Ishellian had never believed in destiny, only in the present. Yet for some reason, he still went.

He exhaled suddenly, almost drearily, as he decided to share. "I didn't have a father, you see. I had mom, and she had me, and that was it. She told me my father was a dragonrider, though. So when they searched me, she just...she was so proud of me. So I gave it a shot." He shrugged. "Ilveriath is a sensitive dragon. He has tendencies, but no dragon ever picks someone without a reason. But I also know that dragons don't harm people...and if you really, really don't want a dragon, deep in the pit of your heart and gut...none will bond to you. They'll smell it, and they'll stay away. There's no such thing as an unwanted Impression."

He smiled reassuringly, though he was also amused by his own trailing thoughts. B'jin often claimed to have not wanted Larrikith. I'shan knew there was something off about their bond, and while he didn't understand it, he also knew B'jin loved Larrikith more than anything else in the world.

"I know a lot of you guys are worried that a dragon can ruin your life. I've never seen it, just so you know. But I don't wanna do like some of the others do...and I dunno, insist that you HAVE to have one to be happy. If it happens, it happens...if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to."

I favor him to Impress

I know you do.

Ilveriath seemed to relax again. He set his head in I'shan's lap, where the small man wrapped both arms around the beast's snout and squeezed.

As for the relationship, I'shan wasn't sure what else to say. A briuef flash in his eyes suggested that it was not okay, but it vanished as quickly as it appeared. N'gelt loves me he reminded himself.  He glanced to Ilveriath for reassurance, but the dragon wasn't sure what to offer. He knew the brownrider seemed to love his own bonded, but N'gelt was a cloudy figure with many secrets. Any time Ilveriarth made an effort to learn them,  Saquith always interfered. Until I'shan and N'gelt spoke on even ground and shared those secrets together, they would remain buried.

Ilveriath hated those secrets. They were hurting his rider.

I'shan frowned a little. Ilveriath had shut him out again. He could feel the dragon's walls slamming closed around some sort of negative emotion. Ever since the flight that day, I'shan had become aware of it.  He hated it. He hated thinking he was so weak that his dragon had to shield him from pain.

Ilv? I know you're worrying about me. Please stop.

The blue's eyes suddenly flushed a shade to match his hide. I cannot he crooned. He lovingly bumped his snout against I'shan's face, causing the man to recoil.

"Ouch! My nose!"

Ilveriath rumbled in embarrassment and lapped his tongue at his rider's face in apology. I'shan giggled.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon ate slowly, enjoying the bites of food that I'shan had prepared. The Gift Meal to acknowledge his standing as a huntsman was extremely rewarding for him. What he had learned from listening to I'shan and the two dragons gave him a lot to think about. He was very conflicted though.

He had been avoiding the dragons and hatching like the...well, plague to put it bluntly. But now from really listening and seeing how I'shan and Ilveriath interacted he was becoming enlightened to a whole new realm of possibility.

Dragons were nothing like he thought them to be. Ilveriath was not the wicked, hateful monster he had thought him to be either. Ronarth was, well a little slow but very thoughtful. If he did not want to be impressed deep in his gut none of the hatchlings would choose him? Really?

But what did his gut really say? Sanderon did not know, especially now. This stay on the island again away from everyone had given him the opportunity to slow down his chaotic mind and life enough to think more clearly. He was amazed at some of the thoughts he was beginning to entertain even now.

Seeing the playful banter between I'shan and Ilveriath while Ronarth played, brought the corner of his mouth up in a careful grin.

"Thank you I'shan." He offered after a long moment of silence. What that 'thank you' encompassed he did not say, but he meant it.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)