World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Should Have Seen it Coming [Erisi]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
A'liran had always loved watching Astoreth hunt. He remembered being a weyrling and listening to some of his classmates complain about the blood and gore. They were squeamish. A'liran had to admit that he found it just a little bit funny. He wasn't exactly bloodthirty, but there was something about the primal beauty of a dragon on the hunt that he could appreciate. They were strong and graceful, almost fluid in their motions, and yet so deadly.

How good it was to be bonded to one of them. The feeling was the same now. A'liran stood to the side of the Range, arms crossed and eyes watching amusedly as Astoreth made a playful loop in the air above. The little green was sizing up her prey, he knew. She always eyed beasts that were a little bit out of her range. He silently reminded her not to let her eyes get bigger than her stomach, but she seemed to be in a pushy mood today.

I can take care of it she muttured, not exactly angry, but with a hint of standoffishness. A'liran's back straightened out and he let out an indignant snort. Suit yourself he said, pretending not to care, though she always worried him when she went on these little power trips. She wasn't a tiny dragon, but she was a green, and only a middling green. A large enough herdbeast could be dangerous to her. Like A'liran, however, the little dragon had a tendency for bravado. She would take the largest herdbeast on principle if he told her she couldn't; therefore, he kept his mouth shut and pretended not to care.

She had her suspicions, but the ploy still worked. A moment later, the green descended, snatching a juvenile and rending it between tooth and claw. A'liran felt a slight shudder at her ferocity.

He wondered for a moment what had gotten into him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I must wait for them to settle down, first.

'I do not want to spend all day here.'

Astoreth just picked one up, they are spooked. It would be easier if you would just feed me.

'You're big enough to feed yourself.'

Charath had set her bonded down not long ago, and had displayed an unusual level of politeness when it came to letting Astoreth have the hunting grounds. Erisi suspected it was a ploy to get him to feed her himself so she wouldn't have to hunt. He knew his dragon well enough by now to know that if there was the potential to make his life more difficult, she would take it. They were at another minor showdown with one another. Erisi knew that if she didn't start practicing hunting more, she was going to be a complete failure at it and he'd probably end up feeding her for the rest of her life. Charath also realized this.

She knew that him feeding her would just be so much easier and far more convenient for her. Are you ready to go yet? Charath crooned, knowing that her bonded was close to becoming fed up with the situation.

'You haven't even tried yet,' Erisi responded with a roll of his eyes that let him catch sight of A'liran. While he normally wouldn't go out of his way to chat someone up, A'liran just provided him with ample opportunity to ignore the dragon in his head. 'I'm just going to go say hi to Astoreth's rider, then. If you take terribly long who knows what I'll get up to with him.' It was a warning Charath knew well enough to listen to her. Erisi was getting to be uncontrollable. It was probably revenge for all the times she made his life difficult.

Erisi began the slow trek towards A'liran. He didn't much care for the rider other than that he was a decent excuse, and if he was lucky he could take a few digs at Charath today. "That was a, uh," he tried not to roll his eyes, realizing that this was a stretch of his sociable interactions, "a nice kill Astoreth made." Oh Faranth, he hated talking to people he hadn't really developed an interest in. A'liran was convenient right now, so he was trying.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran was distantly aware of the younger greenpair nearby, but he didn't pay any attention to them outright. He knew them by sight: Erisi and  Charath, the twin terrors of the weyrling barracks. Erisi was supposedly a total handful. A'liran liked that in theory, though he hoped it didn't get the kid's ass kicked one day like it had his. Ah, back in the day!

"Thanks," A'liran said, shifting his blue eyes to the younger man. He could feel Astoreth's hunger coursing through him with unusual vigor. She was ravenous today, tearing into the carcass like an angry feline shredding a crawler. A'liran liked it when she got like this. There was energy and power there. She made him feel strong.

"I'm surprised you know her name," A'liran said as he turned properly towards the young greenrider. "From what I've heard, Erisi of Charath isn't interested in much that doesn't concern himself." It wasn't a dig so much as a 'witty' remark. A'liran smiled and raised his eyebrows playfully. He half-expected the boy to get mad, but A'liran hadn't meant it in sincere aggression. He was in a playful mood.

Just to make sure, he elaborated. "You are Erisi, correct? Searched by I'shan and Ilveriath? What a wherry.." The last part was breathed quietly, though not so quietly that it couldn't be overheard. A'liran had no love for searchriders, especially not brown-screwing disgraces like that one. He just couldn't understand why they would volunteer for such a cruel task. The greenrider's lips twitched with a hint of catty distaste as he looked back to Astoreth, who had managed to completely cover her face, chest, and forelimbs in blood.

Classy

Shut up

A'liran's eyes widened in surprise. Well, wasn't she in a bad mood?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

This was interesting, to say the least. Erisi expected mundane conversation that he would have to drag himself through, but A'liran provided him with the interesting dilemma of determining whether the other Greenrider was insulting or just playing with him. He supposed he should play this through optimistically, but Erisi generally wasn't that type of person. He leaned back on his heels, giving A'liran a carefully distanced look. "Charath knew," he explained, as if he couldn't be bothered to figure out everyones' names on his own. He really couldn't be. Erisi tended to know a person only when that said person was of interest in him. "She won't tell me your name, so I have no idea what it is. She's not very fond of speaking about other people." No, the only names Charath ever actually said to him was his own and Valerian's.

Erisi was speaking in his usual way, which meant it was hard to determine if he was just making idle comments or taking subtle digs at A'liran. "But, you're not incorrect. I value myself far more than I value others, so why take an interest in them at all?" His social group was small, and those who weren't in his social group generally were ignored or picked on. Erisi wasn't really a bully, but he knew how to be mean, and when someone bothered him he liked being mean. For now, it was clear that Erisi was simply testing the waters with A'liran, not being mean, but neither was he necessarily being kind.

"Of course I am. I'd be insulted if you couldn't recognize me." Huh, funny how he demanded to be known while he couldn't bother to recall A'liran's own name. It was these double standards that dictated Erisi's... eventful life.

You are never going to stop talking. I imagine you wouldn't notice me right now even if I turned Gold and laid ten hundred eggs.

'A thousand, love.'

Don't mock me.

"I'shan is a piece of fuckin' work," Erisi grumbled. No, A'liran's comment hadn't gone unnoticed. It was probably for the best, too, as it made Erisi's opinion of the Greenrider rise just a tiny bit. If there was a person he hated most (and there were ton he could pick from), it was I'shan. The Bluerider had effectively tried to ruin his life. The only thing that had redeemed I'shan's terrible decision making skills was Charath. She was the only blessing in a situation Erisi considered distasteful even on the best of days. "Don't get me started on him."

Astoreth is slurping so loudly that the herdbeasts are still nervous. Charath complained loudly to Erisi - she wasn't going to hunt unless the conditions were prime, and they were not yet.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Shards, was Astoreth desperate to kill that extremely dead herdbeast. She growled lowly as she settled down on top of the tattered corpse, eyes whirling red as she angled her head towards Charath. Astoreth wasn't necessarily a friendly dragon, but aside from some dryness, she was generally very well controlled. She could keep her mouth shut and maintain her composure all day long, but something about Charath was apparently rubbing her the wrong way. A'liran sensed it and frowned slightly as he watched his dragon curling defensively around her prey.

"...Yeah, a piece of work. Takes one to know one, I suppose," he said, laughing lowly at Erisi's expense. A'liran was used to rolling with punches, and it seemed to him like the little greenrider was trying to get under his skin subtly. Was it true? Perhaps it was, perhaps not. A'liran was interpreting it as so, and partially unintentionally.

"I do agree, though. And in all seriousness...my condolences," he continued. It was unclear whether he was consoling Eri for being searched, or for being searched by I'shan. It was possibly and probably both. He stretched a little, eyes still floating between his own Astoreth and the other green in the field.

She's not going to take it from you. At least  Idon't think. Astoreth remained quiet, choosing not to respond as she continued to chew on her meal. A'liran's eyes widened slightly with recognition. That temperament...ah. Now it made sense.

He took a mental note and made a contented star by it. He needed something to look forward to, shard it! He figured it best not to say anything to the weyrling,  lest he be unsettled. It was something to keep in mind in conversation though.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

'Someone can't keep their beast tamed. Are you talking to Astoreth, Charath? Or did you just piss her off with your presence?' Erisi wasn't exactly pleased with how A'liran's dragon was behaving, but Charath hadn't expressed any concern with the other Green. She was being remarkably tolerable, which had Erisi suspicious already.

I am not talking to her. She is stupid, and is probably trying to ward me away from all the males. Like they'd want her. Charath hissed softly at Astoreth, feeling a need to defend herself from the irate female. There was really no threat of a fight, Charath just merely wanted to stand her own ground. It wasn't like she was going to rise any time soon and steal whatever dimglowed male wanted the other Green.

'Why is she trying to ward you away from males that aren't even here?'

She wants to behave like you want to every day. I am surprised you haven't jumped this one. If dragons could roll their eyes, Charath would have done so in that moment. Her bonded could be incredibly dim sometimes. She shouldn't be surprised - he had been unaware of how close she was to rising when she first took to the skies. It was obvious he was unable to tell it in other dragons.

'...You have got to be kidding me.' There were a few more grumbled thoughts, and likely an irritated glance sent in A'liran's direction. The man had to know his dragon was going to rise soon, which meant he wasn't telling Erisi this. "I consider myself to be far more stable than the man who Searched me," he responded just a little testily. A'liran was beginning to get underneath his skin, but sometimes bickering was exciting for Erisi. He had a tendency to pick fights where none were needed.

"I got Charath out of the deal, so that's something. Personally, if it could have been done any other way, maybe I wouldn't hate this place so much." A'liran still hadn't told him that Astoreth was close to rising. He had to wonder if the other Greenrider hated him that much already.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Astoreth wasn't talking, either. She normally liked Charath, at least enough to chat with her until she found her too annoying. Astoreth was tolerant enough to put up with a lot of wherry teeth, but not today. She merely mumbled to herself and continued her meal, though once she'd finished she wasn't beyond nosing the shredded remains about a little bit. It was undignified and primal; everything Astoreth enjoyed being when the time was right. She spent entirely too much time grooming herself for appearances!

A'liran noticed the attitude right away. It hit him suddenly, surging into him like fire. He narrowed his eyes. "Ast! Stop being a cow and get the shards out of there so Charath can eat!" he snapped suddenly. His demeanor took a dramatic shift, moving from mellow yet bristly to a much more forceful and visceral. He pushed his will on the green, causing her to snap and hiss as she backed away from the bloody spot she'd left on the ground.

Wher! she snarled before leaping into the air. She winked between, though she didn't go very far. She reappeared much higher, circling like a terran vulture.

A'liran scowled. He took a moment to compose himself, trying to reign in the extreme frustration that welled up the moment Astoreth's ire hit him. It was always difficult to keep his emotions under control when she got close. The early signs were subtle, until she found something to get grumpy about. Then it was a countdown, with his hold on her slipping more and more as time went on.

He sighed grumpily and looked back to Erisi. ''Sorry about that. She's out of Charath's way now," he said, smooshing his own proddy aggravation down into the back of his throat to try and keep it at bay. He knew how green dragons were, and he assumed Erisi would be familiar by now as well.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi watched Astoreth with the slightest hint of concern. He knew that the full grown dragonriders had better control of their dragons than he did with his, but that didn't alleviate the worry that Astoreth wouldn't stop being so territorial over her kill. He did, however, trust that Charath was smart enough not to get too close. I would like it to be known that I was not some feral beast when I was ready to rise. Charath confided in Erisi with that sort of superior air that he knew she carried most of the time.

With Astoreth finally off the hunting grounds, he could relax, and give Charath a confidential smile. 'You better go make a kill before she gets back,' Erisi advised his Green. Charath pushed herself back up into the air, circling low over the hunting grounds. She'd likely take her time with the hunt, carefully picking out a victim (and an easy kill) so that she wouldn't have to overexert herself unnecessarily.

"...Thanks," Erisi replied, the word heavy on his tongue. He always had a difficult time with showing appreciation. He watched his young dragon for a few moments before turning his attention back to the other Greenrider. "Astoreth is awfully moody," he pointed out. It was something that A'liran was already aware of, but Erisi figured he should put some effort into talking with the man. He still hadn't caught his name, but that didn't really bother him. He knew one of the pair's names, and that was good enough for him.

"Were you going to tell me she is close to rising, because I love forewarning about these sorts of things, so I can not be at the center of the action." It wasn't necessarily an aggressive statement. Erisi had a point, though. There was no need to unnecessarily throw himself into harm's way. He liked sex. He did not think he'd enjoy flightsex as much. He'd gotten lucky with M'bal, and he knew how other dragonriders got when they lost flights. Too many hormones would be in play for Erisi's comfort.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran watched as the younger green took wing, circling as she searched for a proper target. Charath was a fine looking green, though she already had a reputation for almost unbearable arrogance and a snappish tongue. A'liran didn't mind, though. He didn't think every green dragon needed to epitomize the sort of blatant aggression that he and his own partner favored, but that didn't mean he couldn't appreciate some spunk.

"It's no problem," he said as he leaned on the fence, eyes trained on the sky overhead. Shards, was Astoreth mad at him. Let her be that way, though. He could already feel the irritability creeping in. He wanted badly to lash out at her for no sharding reason, but he could feel her coiled in the back of his mind, waiting to strike the moment he said anything. So, like a smug participant in an argument that refused to rise to the other's bait, he stayed quiet.

It was somewhat distracting him from the conversation, but after a quick groan and an irritable stomp of the foot, he was back. "Sorry," he muttered. "She's insane." He expected empathy on that one, though Erisi's reputation told him not to expect sympathy. Little shit.

"And I'd have told you, had it not just hit me myself," he said, unconsciously shooting another glare up at the sky. "I don't know how much you've discovered about your own dragon's cycle, but sometimes it sneaks up on you like a watch wher in the dark." He didn't sound particularly bothered by it. Most of his agitation came from the waiting; he liked flights, but he hated the hours-long mindseige that came along with them. Stupid dragon!

A'liran was able to shove her aside for the time being. "I figure she has a few hours, though." He couldn't help but wonder if this poor kid had suffered a rough flight yet. The weyrling goldrider sure had; everyone knew about that little piece of gossip. It suited her right for not bludgeoning S'kef to death with a blunt instrument the moment he laid his hungry eyes on her!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Realizing that Charath was going to take her sweet time with this hunt, he decided to seat himself on the grass. He stretched his legs lazily out in front of him, silently musing over whether this would stain his pants. They were dark enough that it shouldn't be an issue if the grass did, anyways. The only person who would notice would be himself, and even then he'd probably fool himself out of remembering it every now and again. "I tend to think most dragons are insane, though everyone else's seems less insane in comparison to Charath." He gestured to the green beast circling lazily in the air. If it wasn't already known, it was becoming fairly apparent that their relationship was based on a lot of arguing, and a splattering of 'I love yous' inbetween their bickering.

"Charath decided not to give me a warning when she first rose. Fortunately, the rider of the dragon she chose was too drunk to be that much of a bother." He had enjoyed himself, but for some reason he was not counting on a pleasant experience the next time she decided to get a little action for herself. "It's probably the only reason we're still talking." He was hoping she'd take the hint and continue to choose decent victors. Knowing Charath, though, she'd pick someone terrible for him to end up in bed with.

Do not peg me for being cruel. Valerian would be disappointed in me if I let anything happen to you.

That was... not what he wanted to hear. Second-best to Valerian once again! He needed to start keeping track of how many times she mentioned his fellow Weyrling a day. He was probably brought up in every conversation they shared. Erisi had hoped that she'd grow out of this strange 'Valerian' phase, but apparently it was here to stay.

"I hope so. I want to have plenty of time to get away from here and go hide myself in my barrack." He was not... entirely optimistic about flights. Erisi liked things happening on his own terms, and rising dragons did not tend to listen to what he wanted.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A'liran followed suit, flopping into the grass and stretching out flat on his back. "They do that," he commented, letting his eyes close as he enjoyed the cool air and the soft grass beneath him. "I don't follow lessons. I don't imagine you've all had your talking to yet, based on how many are running around like headless wherries after Krypth and the first couple of greens..." There was a touch of apprehension there. He hated to see the youngsters unprepared, but the cynical part of him would like to point out that it's not his sharding job. Then again, the person whose job it was obviously wasn't doing a very good job, now was he?

Sharding dragon.

A'liran frowned. "You're lucky, really. I know a lot of guys who came out of their first flight with broken bones or whatever. It's pretty brutal. Or, I guess it can be." It wasn't always. A'liran would complain all day long about those times that were, but secretly he found gentle flights to be a little bit disappointing. He sure couldn't wish them on a weyrling, though!

The greenrider raised his hand dismissively at the last comment. "Don't worry. If it comes close, you'll sharding know," he said with a gruff, flippant laugh. He didn't mind this Erisi kid so much. He didn't exactly remind A'liran of himself, but there was a definite catty side that A'liran was both amused by and identified with. He just hoped it worked out okay for the kid in the long run.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Ugh, Krypth rising was a nightmare," Erisi recounted sullenly. He wasn't quite sure just yet that he wanted to be as relaxed as A'liran, so while the man laid down on the ground, Erisi remained sitting. He liked to look dignified in front of people he had questionable tastes over. He couldn't decide whether he liked the Greenrider or not. Quickly, he scrutinized Astoreth's rider. Definitely not bad looking, but Erisi couldn't decide if the man was more trouble than he was worth. Greenriders seemed to be flighty individuals, so if he wanted to he could probably get a good lay out of the man and be on his way. Erisi wasn't sure he wanted to invest more interest than he'd take in a potential sexual partner. He had enough friends, and acquaintances were nice to call on in times of dire emergency.

You're checking him out. You really are checking him out, Charath's voice was filled with disbelief over her rider's disregard for her own wants. She'd prefer him not to flirt and constantly evaluate every male that came his way, but there was little she could do to stop him. I thought you were well sated.

'For future reference.'

The future is technically any second after now.

'Exaaccttlllyy,' he purred into his dragon's mind. Erisi, however, reminded himself it was probably a bad idea to pursue someone who's dragon was close to rising. But, he did have to amend his earlier thought. A'liran was fairly attractive, but he still wasn't sure it'd be worth it.

Don't. You. Dare.

"Yeah, that's the part that doesn't exactly make me feel warm happy thoughts about Charath rising," Erisi snorted softly. He seemed to be warming up to A"liran, though that was only because he had decided the man had potential. He could probably be insufferable and still have potential with that appearance. "We're at the bottom of this weird dragonrider society structure, and it's not the kind of bottom I enjoy."

Stttoooop it before I drop wherry dung on your head!

"I don't have as much experience with it. I didn't notice until Charath pointed out why Astoreth was being so... grumpy." His gaze had drifted back to his dragon, likely so it wouldn't be too obvious that he had given the man a brief once-over.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Krypth's flight had been a nightmare indeed. A'liran groaned at the memory. What was the worst part of all that? Fears of Krypth's well-being after such an unusual display? The chaos it caused? The unfortunate victory by that monstrous brownrider S'kef? The whole thing had been undiluted chaos, and not the fun kind. A'liran hadn't had the best time personally, either. It was bad enough to be caught in a room with a flight-winner, but to be caught in the open by a bunch of blueriders during a goldflight? Not good.

He wrinkled his nose a bit at the next part. "Dude, I hated flights when I was younger," he muttered caustically. He generally pretended to still hate flights, but he couldn't be bothered with putting on an act right now. His indignant pride showed through as he tossed his head towards Erisi, eyes narrowing almost defiantly. "Ast didn't give me any warning at all the first time. Happened when I was out in the weyr bowl back at Benden, working on some of my exercises for class. Bitch just decided she was in a bad mood and took off."

Astoreth hissed in his mind. I'm not the bitch here! she snapped. A'liran looked upwards and bit back a snarl. Shut up. You ruin everything! Couldn't she see that he was trying to have a decent conversation here?!

"Pardon me!" A'liran said, still staring pointedly at the sky. He cleared his throat and rolled onto his side, facing Erisi and turning his attention back to the conversation.  "And yeah. Greens can be subtle sometimes...sometimes, they pull you right in with them and you don't even realize it until it's too sharding late..." He spoke with conviction and just a spark of irate rage, like a man arguing his innocence in front of an unjust court. "But I guess in a way, that's good...at least ya' stay lost during most of it. Pain doesn't hurt as bad and all that."

He wasn't trying to scare Erisi. He just viewed it as passing the ugly truth down to the next generation...a generation that obviously wasn't being taught correctly.

"..The dragons know, though. They always know before us, but they can't usually be bothered to tell us," he muttered.

You should be thanking me. You always WANT to be flown

Can in, Queenie

Overhead,  Astoreth shrieked in annoyance. Prove me wrong! You must be giving off a scent, because that boy obviously wants to fly you right now she growled sullenly.

A'liran raised a brow, then glanced over to Erisi. Wow, the weyrling was so obviously checking him out. A'liran felt a bit of a tingle, but he quickly crammed the thought away. This was a weyrling! If he took advantage of his own flightspawned emotions, he would be no better than the blue and brownriders! That didn't mean he couldn't be amused, though.

"You're looking at me pretty hard, kiddo." A'liran couldn't keep the playfulness out of his voice.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi arched a fine brow at A'liran calling his dragon 'bitch', but decided that it must just be how their relationship worked. Erisi wouldn't dare call Charath a bitch, though that most likely was because she would plot some elaborate scheme to get back at him. They insulted each other constantly, but normally it did not degrade down to name calling. Silently, Erisi applauded A'liran's lack of fear in tempting the wrath of a needy green dragon. "I don't look forward to it, really. I hate the idea of winding up with someone I didn't personally choose. It gives off this powerless vibe, like we really can't do anything but let whomever wants to fuck us." Erisi was the last person who had a right to complain about that, though. He was already making his way through the Weyr's stock of attractive men. It could practically be assumed that he'd want to sleep with whomever won one of Charath's flights.

But then he thought about people like I'shan, and that made his stomach twist in disgusted knots. "You don't hate them now?" he questioned. Faranth, that sounded worse. That implied that he was going to get used to having his power stripped away from him. Erisi was fairly sensitive over that subject, and eventually when he did have to face it... there was little way to tell if he would be able to overcome it.

He glanced over his shoulder, watching as Charath finally swooped down to snatch an older herdbeast. The kill was hardly clean, but he was silently proud that she had finally done something. Make sure Astoreth doesn't try and take it. She's in a terrible mood, and I am not inclined to share. Charath had carried her prize off to the side of the hunting grounds, her head tilted upwards to warily watch the other circling Green. Determined not to embarrass herself, she began to delicately pick away at her kill. She was better than Astoreth, she was not making a filthy mess out of herself!

A'liran's playful comment drew Erisi's attention back to him, and he eyed the man critically. Great, he hated being obvious with his desires. Sometimes it was inevitable, but Erisi did enjoy a game before trying to physically conquer someone. What he expected, though, was that A'liran was not being the sort of playful that he preferred. "You should take it as a compliment," he purred. Well, now that he was found out, he might as well make an earnest attempt at the man. Really, if Astoreth was proddy, that had to mean A'liran was as well. It should be an easy victory!

If he's not interested, I will laugh. You deserve to have someone turn you down. Charath mocked him, keeping careful attention on her bonded's behavior.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Whoops, caught. A'liran frowned at himself and tried to think of a not-too-defensive response. "Well, not as much as I did," he muttered, though the truth was visible enough in between the lines. A'liran liked flights. He still wasn't sure if he naturally liked them or if he had become used to them over the turns. He could still remember hiding in frustration in his room, spouting off hateful threats at his suitors while secretly trembling in horror at what was coming. At some point, he crossed the line into subtle anticipation, waiting eagerly for his suitors and making every effort to make their lives miserable before he was conquered. It was how he did things, but was it out of necessity or desire?

You love it, just as I do

A'liran's eyes widened and brightened with anger. He liked to think that greenriders as a whole were better than that, better than the sluts that others liked to portray and treat them as. So what if he liked sex?  Shouldn't the drooling blue and brownriders be worshiping him as an object of their affection rather than taunting him?

That's what he needed to get across to this kid.

"Sucks for us, but that's how it goes," he said. "You don't get to pick. Dragons sometimes claim to 'choose', but even if they do, they don't give a shard what YOU want," he said. "The male dragons' riders will take what they want and you just have to deal with it. It's wherry teeth, but that's how it goes." He paused, and inhaled deeply. "Bastards ought to be thanking us for what we're giving them...begging us like the hounds they are..." mHis voice sank low and sultry at the last bit, a mischievous smile creeping onto his face.

He appeared radiantly mug at the next part.  He liked being admired, especially while channeling Astoreth's needs. "I do," he replied, slowly sitting up again to face the attractive weyrling. "But kid. All I erver do is complain about bluies and brownies taking advantage of us...Shards, I just got done with it. Wouldn't jumping you while my dragon is proddy be just as bad?"

There was definitely some hunger in there. "No. How do I know I'm not just....seeing what I want to see?" he purred.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Charath claims to have chosen Gugaroth, which I am content to agree with him since she gave him a fairly sharding huge start." His Green had decided to rise with the Bronze right next to her! The flight had been short, and other male dragons had only gotten a slim opening to join in before Gugaroth had won. Erisi wasn't completely complaining, because M'bal hadn't been a bad victor for his first flight. Erisi hadn't been harmed, and his pride hadn't been grievously wounded. It was a nice first rise for Charath, and Erisi considered himself lucky that it hadn't been bad off for him.

I took you into consideration!

'Don't lie to me, you know you didn't. You just wanted to have the Bronze.'

But it worked out, so thus I took you into consideration. She really hadn't, but she did like to gloat a little bit about her first time. Gugaroth had been a fine catch! He was the kind of dragon that silly Krypth would dismiss, just because he was a Bronze. Well, Charath recognized that Bronzes were the biggest and the best! If Krypth wouldn't claim them for herself, Charath would, and then she'd go after all those Browns and Blues Krypth so loved.

Erisi laughed softly, the sort of laugh that was hard to determine whether it was genuine or forced. But hey, he did enjoy the mental image of all the male dragonriders bowing down to those who rode the Greens. "My sentiments exactly. They're fairly sharding fortunate that we're attractive Greenriders, or they'd have less fun." There were dragonriders out there that were downright disgusting. Erisi totally wasn't thinking of Dogul at that moment.

Oh Faranth, if A'liran started turning preachy on him, he was going to lose all interest in the man. The Weyrling playfully rolled his eyes, "No, because I'm far more attractive than most other dragonriders and I'm practically inviting you to." It was the most forward Erisi usually got, but getting A'liran in bed with him would be quite the catch. Shells, usually Erisi liked being the one who someone else was coming on to. It was rarely the opposite way with him.

He leaned over to A'liran, harsh blue eyes fixing on the Greenrider, "Because, as I've said, I think I am being fairly obvious here." He leaned back away from A'liran, a sly smile darting across his face. If the Greenrider didn't take his bait, he'd be frustrated with his life for the rest of the sevenday.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Clearly this kid didn't go for lectures. A'liran smirked, leaning forward and letting his gray-blue eyes wander over the weyrling. "Not trying to get preachy with you," A'liran commented casually, distracted by the sordid thoughts whirling around in the back of his mind.

It was always a struggle to keep himself well-behaved when Astoreth got like this. He'd been doing it for a while now, and he knew his limits. He knew her heat came on fast and made them both violent. Erisi had a reputation and obviously wasn't shy of his own sexuality. A'liran considered this a good thing, but shards....he could already tell they were way too much alike.

"Fine," A'liran said, sliding closer. He smiled and leaned in, hesitating only briifly to speak softly into Eri's ear. "Listen up," he whispered smoothly, Astoreth's wild emotions tingling in his body. "There are two things you have to know about me." His voice got low and his eyes narrowed, glimmering slightly with wild desire. "First...is that I'm a wild animal."

He leaned in and pressed his mouth against Erisi's, sliding in for a forceful kiss. It lasted only a few moments before he tore himself away and chuckled. "And second...uuhhh, that was a bad idea..." Overhead, Astoreth screeched. For a moment, A'liran feared his actions had given her the push. He sighed in relief when he learned otherwise.

He turned back to Erisi. "...She's too close. If we do this now, she'll go," he warned. "And I don't think either of us want that..." Not yet, anyhow.

A'liran stood up and offered a hand. "How about this, pal? Come to my hut tomorrow at sundown, and I'll show you something special." He winked.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi never seemed to get exactly what he wanted. For a moment he felt like he was being baited, with A'liran close enough that he could feel his warm breath against the shell of his ear. This was either promising, or bound to be teasing. He felt the first real flourish of heat in his veins, a soft but beckoning desire at the words whispered into his ear. The kiss, ah, was very nice. Erisi responded eagerly, and those few moments were enough. A kiss was all it took to convince him that A'liran was skilled, and that he wanted him.

"Well, I thought that it was a rather good idea," he purred, though his gaze was likewise drawn to A'liran's Green. Sharding Green. He was used to his own dragon getting in the way of his libido, but now someone else's dragon was getting in the way of his desires. Erisi would have cursed the Green out if he didn't want to risk irking a potential partner. The sour expression on his face likely said enough about how he felt over the situation.

He had to wait, and by nature Erisi was not a patient creature. The idea of him going out of the way to chase down A'liran was unappealing, but thinking back to the kiss and those quiet words... it could be worth it. Erisi would much rather A'liran come after him, but perhaps it was time that he started showing more obvious interest in potential partners. The outcome would be the same. He'd still get another taste of A'liran.

Erisi was almost like a petulant child after being told he could not get what he wanted when he wanted it, but he seemed to cave. He reached up to take A'liran's hand and pulled himself to his feet. "Don't wear yourself out too much with her rising," he warned with a somewhat playful smile. A'liran would need plenty of energy if Erisi was going to go out of his way to get to him.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)