World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Brick by Brick!

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia struggled a little bit as she hauled the water towards the small area she'd been assigned. Dressed lightly, in a pair of borrowed, pants and simple breast band top. she had bound her hair back with a  strip of pliable leather. It kept most of the peices from her face but the few strands from her eyes.

She pullled the large amount of the water to her work area, and wiped her brow. She had been asked to build a hut, the task that had been assigned was a reminder. She was still an outsider to the community she'd be asked to inhabit.  Well first task was to build a place for others to live first. Prove the value of oneself and then improve the community. This was killing two wherries with one stone.

She crouched and mixed a small cup of water with the dirt mixture to make a slurry. She mixed it a little and then added it to the small base she was building.  She  would sculpt the walls, and build a hut.  She liffted one end of the large log and placed it atop the slurry, and then walked to the other end and moved it carefully, leverage could only move so much. Creating a single new hut would take some time but it would be well worth it. The only problem now she realized as she looked up at the wall, she'd built. It wasn't very high only about to her waist. "How am I gonna get them rest of the way?" She looked around. People or a dragon would be helpful, at this point.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Construction duty was actually something she was good at. At least the Weyr had grown to use her talents more. The smith was not a small woman and she had no trouble lifting the heavy bricks. She made it look rather easy, although if one looked closely the look of determination on her face would tell a different story. After a while the bricks were heavy.  A slight dribble of sweat began to crawl down her forehead and was swept away by a dirty hand; Leaving a gray mark across her forehead.

The smith walked towards the young woman who seemed to be looking for help. “Need something?” Eolira had no use for weak people be it mental weakness or physical weakness. She was strong and expected other people to live up to the same standards she held herself to. So while her question was innocently stated she found herself examining the young woman with growing distaste. Why would they put such a petite willowy woman on a chore like this? This would mean more work for her.

If they expected her to be a team player they had another thing coming. Eo cared about one person and that was herself. She wiped her dirty hands on the smock she wore over her brown pants and light tunic. Her boots were well worn like her dark colored smock. She often used it when cutting gems. The dust could get everywhere. Looking at the work the other woman had already done she figured the girl was having trouble getting the bricks higher.

That was where being tall was helpful. Eo was a good ten inches taller than the other woman and could use that to her advantage when building. Also she was much more muscular. The other woman looked to be more used to feminine tasks. There were step ladders for this. Although she supposed the girl had not thought to look for them.
Unless you are the original player, or are granted specific permission, these characters are not adoptable.
They may be mentioned in passing, however. Please view their profiles and keep them in character.

PA - First Post!

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia took it all in. "I could use some help." She spoke softly as she felt the woman's eye appraise her. She  lifted the log. "I just can reach that high-yet." she says patting the wall of logs she'd raised herself. "The name's Lymsleia, its pleasure."

The dark skinned woman tugged at her hair and let a few strands of dark hair fall to the back of her neck. She might not get sun burn easily, but overly warm skin was no picnic. Lymsleia carefully applied another layer of slurry to the logs,  and carefully evened it out. She had managed to get one log-end up, but it seemed a futile effort to try and move the other one without unbalancing the frst end.

The young woman wasn't a toothpick, or a reed- and she certainly wasn't a skinned little coddled holder's daughter. Muscles rippled, sinewy and strong, but it was more the fact that it was her stature and build made it much more difficult to do this kind of work.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
She could well see the woman needed help but kept whatever snide comment she might have to herself. Sometimes it was easier to get angry at people’s ineptitudes than to be helpful.  Neither would prove very beneficial at this point in her task. It also did no good standing there watching the other woman struggle. She would just be here longer then. The smith responded to the introduction formally, “Eolira, Journeywoman Smith. Call me Eo. Never made a hut before have you?” She asked although the question was more a statement.

She looked at the mortar Lymsleia had created. At least she had done that part right. Making things was not as easy as it looked despite people’s constant underestimation of what it took to build. Eolira took a good amount of the mortar and slapped it onto the layer of bricks in front of her. Then took a few bricks and placed them easily and efficiently into position. She went back to the mortar and moved over two feet and repeated.

“If you cannot reach something we are not so primitive here at Katila that there are no stools. We even have ladders. Unless you are afraid of heights that is a viable option for you although with bricks and mortar you would still need someone to hand you what you needed.” She said as she felt the sun burning her cheeks. This was going to be a long day.  Could be worse, she supposed as she continued laying bricks. It could be raining and at least Lymsleia was trying. Some people sat on their lazy butts and did nothing.

“I’ll get as far as I can at my height. In the meantime, go to the head of construction and ask for a ladder. When you get back I’ll hand you the supplies and you can lay the bricks.” They needed a plan and Eo was comfortable making the plan and taking charge of the situation. Lymsleia was obviously fresh off of the island and had no idea what to do. She would get the hang of things here at Katila in no time. Everyone who put forth an effort did.
Unless you are the original player, or are granted specific permission, these characters are not adoptable.
They may be mentioned in passing, however. Please view their profiles and keep them in character.

PA - First Post!

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia drew herself up and nodded at the direction of the other woman. "Thanks. I wasn't sure if there had been time.." she pauses at her own statement. "Sorry, I didn't know if one could be spared. I am new, and haven't yet learned the paritcular ins and outs of the my new community." Lymselia allowed herself to remain formal as the wall rose another few inches. "I thankfully only do poorly at very high heights." She stepped away to allow Eo to work.

Heading towhere the head of construction was, she returned soem time later dragging a large ladder. It was about twice her height and it was clear perhaps that the muscles were not quiet all they seemed to be as she had to stop every few minutes to adjust her grip on the ladder that was twice as tall as she was.  " I am Journeywoman Healer." she added as she returned. "So how long have you been here, Eo?"

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)