World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Dinner is Served! [Private!]

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B'jin was not happy as he slipped out of his hut and over to his dragon, one hand skimming over her muzzle in greeting as warm breath was gusted over his face. Her rider's trepidation wasn't lost on the little dragon and she watched with a combination of irritation and amusement as he climbed aboard her mossy green hide and settled down. When she was sure he was ready, Larrikith winked between to reappear above R'nd's hut where Larrikith greeted Ayyonth with a low rumble. She didn't bother landing, waiting until the other pair were in the air and able to lead them to N'gelt's hut. Neither she nor B'jin had any idea where the new 'Second lived, and while she didn't mind the opportunity to be the only green amongst a group of boys, B'jin's general opinion was that he would rather roll naked through a numbweed patch. Larrikith had advised he suck it up and keep his lover company, since it would rouse a lot less questions than why he looked like a giant puss ball.

B'jin was not amused.

Alighting gently outside the hut that they had been lead to, Larrikith crooned a warm greeting to both Ilveriath and Saquith. Nuzzling Ayyonth's shoulder adoringly, Larrikith curled up primly beside the younger blue, not on top of him, but distinctly with him. Hello! Cheerful and chirpy, the little green's voice was issued to both the additional dragons, her tone tinged with amusement at her rider's expense. This evening should be fun. She glanced slyly at Ayyonth, then turned half her attention on B'jin, settling comfortably. Regardless of what the evening contained, she was almost positive putting R'nd, B'jin and I'shan into the same small building would be entertaining. She didn't know enough about N'gelt to figure what his presence would add, but she figured it would only add to her entertainment.

B'jin had slipped from Larrikith when she landed and stood with the green, fingers brushing over her hide as they waited for Ayyonth to land and R'nd to dismount. The greenrider's expression was carefully neutral as he slipped up beside R'nd, twining his arm through his friend's and standing somewhat closer than was completely necessary. A warm smile wove over his lips as he lowered his eyes demurely so as not to meet R'nd's own grey gaze; the greenrider's brown eyes were dilated with terror as he put a great deal of effort into appearing unconcerned and at ease with the idea of entering a hut for dinner with two men he'd Flown with and a violent and possessive brownrider. B'jin knew N'gelt from Telgar, though he'd been lucky enough to never have flown with him, and was hopeful that the colourist rider remembered little to nothing of him.

Nonetheless, B'jin was positive bathing in a tub of numbweed would be more pleasurable than the upcoming evening... but R'nd had been convincing with his pretty grey eyes and B'jin felt he owed the younger man some for dumping his son on him. Not that B'jin felt his hide would be worth anything if S'kef got word that he'd been at a celebratory dinner for N'gelt's promotion. Really, was there any thing positive to come of this evening? Shivering slightly and wishing the night were cooler to blame for the action, B'jin pressed closer to R'nd and let him dictate whether they'd knock or enter or... whatever.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’nd was still wondering how and why he agreed to the dinner honouring N’gelt’s promotion to WeyrSecond. It wasn’t that he hated the brownrider, it was just that they didn’t have the greatest start to a friendship and ever since the man’s fist met his face, R’nd wasn’t sure he liked being anywhere near him. It also didn’t help that I’shan was hosting a dinner that he made himself, just like the time N’gelt walked in on them talking and assumed the blueriders were about to take the party to the bedroom. He adored I’shan, counted him as one of his closest best friends and did a lot for him, but R’nd wondered if he would ever find the line he finally couldn’t cross. He had even withheld information from the Weyrleader for I’shan! And wasn’t that something? How much trouble would N’gelt be in if R’nd finally confessed to who hit him? R’nd had a feeling D’ren wouldn’t believe him thanks to how long he waited and saying it as soon as N’gelt became a man in a position of power would seem suspicious.

Not that he had any intention of saying anything. It would break I’shan’s heart and while R’nd still didn’t like how easily his friend submitted to N’gelt’s every whim and drove himself into that horrible drunken state of existence during their break up, R’nd would still support I’shan and do his best to keep his friend happy. Thinking on it, the break-up occurred because I’shan and B’jin danced together and now they were to all dine together. What was I’shan thinking? Likely the same thing he always was; it would be fun and entertain his friend. R’nd should have said no, explaining the dangers of this idea but he had accepted the invitation in the end and even convinced B’jin it would be a nice night together with friends – and a questionable brownrider. Perhaps he was just being unfair and N’gelt deserved the chance to show his good side, the side I’shan was always fawning over.

Whatever the reason was that convinced him to go and bring B’jin with him, R’nd had put on a smile and greeted B’jin properly with a kiss when they had both landed outside of N’gelt’s hut. That was another problem with the night; why weren’t they meeting at I’shan’s, especially when he was the cook? It didn’t matter, not really, or so he hoped. It wasn’t like they were walking into a den of pain with no escape. R’nd was confident the door would work from the inside just as the windows would break in case of an emergency. A quick glance at B’jin as he brushed back some of his lover’s fringe had R’nd briefly wondering if B’jin was mapping out the same escape routes. “Everything will be fine, love, you’ll see. You know I’shan and how much fun he is and from what I’ve seen, N’gelt likes seeing him happy.” Yet again R’nd wanted to warn B’jin not to flirt with I’shan or to mention Flights around the sensitive brownrider but he held his tongue. It would likely make his friend nervous or provoke to do both things he was warned against.

“I’m along for the crazy ride as well, remember.” R’nd gave a reassuring pat to B’jin’s arm. He didn’t mind how close they seemed to be, taking his own comfort in the closeness of his friend. Perhaps if they showed a unified front, N’gelt wouldn’t eye either of them suspiciously all evening and attack one of them when they asked I’shan if he was serving dessert. Knowing he couldn’t delay any longer, R’nd knocked on the door, not at all in the mood to risk entering the hut of a brownrider he barely knew. If it was I’shan’s hut, he would have let himself in without question, but now was a ‘better safe than sorry’ situation.

Ayyonth nearly glowed as he took up a casual stance with Larrikith pressed up near him. He liked the older green and how she seemed to delight being in his presence as well so there wasn’t a need to be embarrassed by her desire to show off their level of friendship. She was quirky and fun, what more could be asked for in a companion when their riders were off causing their own mischief in one form or another? He returned her nuzzle and crooned before greeting Ilveriath and Saquith as well.

I look forward to the entertainment. R’nd’s dynamics with the other men are always fun and I don’t see tonight being any different. R’nd did an excellent job of keeping N’gelt’s name locked away as the one who punched him though with all of his stressing since the invitation had left R’nd not as focused on what he kept from his dragon. He had seen the fight play out in R’nd’s memories earlier that day and while Ayyonth wasn’t sure he liked the idea of going to the dinner, he hadn’t said anything and instead encouraged everyone to go. What good would come from cowering all the time? It was best to face fears so everyone could move on. He had no doubt B’jin and R’nd would look after one another but R’nd had also already learned to watch what he said, or at least how he phrased it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ilveriath was already there. The blue lifted his thin neck and crooned to both of the new arrivals, his eyes glowing with gentle mirth. Greetings, friends. Are you looking forward to an evening of madness? he inquired, his intonations sly and filled with anticipation. The whimsical blue loved a little bit of drama here and there. He was distantly aware of just how badly this could go downhill, but maybe he was just a bit too much like I'shan...maybe he almost hoped for it.

The door flung open. "R'nd! 'Jinny!" I'shan squealed, eyes flashing with joy. His hair was sticking out in every direction and he sported an unflattering apron with a large stain going right down the front of it. The enthusiastic bluerider stepped aside and waved for both of his friends to come in.

Everyone else may have been worried about the evening, but I'shan sure wasn't. He was thrilled. After all, he was sleeping with the Weyrsecond. It was basically the best thing ever.

"Dinner will be ready soon! Oh Faranth, I'm so glad you guys could make it!" the bluerider said in a singsong voice. With that, he practically jittered his way into the kitchen, where some of his mother's best recipes were boiling over the fire. He wasn't sparing any expense or effort tonight; his N'gelt deserved the BEST.

"Go ahead and sit down!" I'shan cried out of the kitchen. "I have some appetizers on the table in the living room!" And he did! Meatrolls, coated in a special glaze. I'shan was absolutely giddy to see or at least hear their responses, but he tried to contain himself. He had to watch the stew, after all.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin frowned unhappily when he realised that R'nd wasn't fooled at all by his badly played charade. It wasn't really surprising, and under different circumstances, B'jin would have been pleased to realise the bluerider had grown to know him well enough to pick up on his worry. However, B'jin generally liked to think he did a better job of hiding his thoughts and emotions than he actually did and while there were occasions when he did a satisfactory job, the present was apparently not one of them.

Regardless, the greenrider warmed at R'nd's soothing comment and the gentle endearment. Leaning closer to his friend, B'jin gave a nervous snort of amusement as R'nd added the commentary about what a crazy ride the night would be. Deciding not to respond verbally, B'jin instead leaned up to press a light kiss to R'nd's jaw line. He dropped back to his regular height when I'shan flung the door open with gusto, the greenrider's eyes widening dramatically at the excitable squeal. Blinking, B'jin's features changed to form a warm smile even as he leaned subtly into R'nd, falling back to let the bluerider enter the hut first before re-gluing himself back to R'nd's side when they were (safely?) inside.

"Hello, Shel," B'jin murmured, amused, as he watched the bluerider flutter around excitedly. When the younger man dashed for the kitchen, B'jin leaned up to whisper huskily in R'nd's ear, eyes dancing with amusement. "Like we had a choice." While his words could be taken badly, the fond amusement that laced them made it clear B'jin didn't actually harbour any ill feelings toward the other man, and he was legitimately curious as to whether someone actually existed that could say no to I'shan, while calling him a friend, and not end up drowned in guilt and the bluerider's tears. I'shan was not someone you turned down - especially when his cooking was involved.

Speaking of! I'shan's wild cry caused B'jin's features to brighten noticeably, and he swirled around, tugging R'nd along with him as eager brown eyes sought out the location of the nibblies Shel had just promised him. "Ooh," B'jin cooed, still tugging R'nd along as he beelined for the table, jerking to a sudden stop as he remembered that N'gelt was meant to be around somewhere, he felt R'nd crash into his back as he peered around apprehensively. Not spotting the brownrider (though that hardly meant he wasn't there) B'jin continued his path with renewed spirit, stopping much more smoothly to peer appreciatively at the contents on the table.

"Yay!" B'jin's cry was one of childish delight as he spotted the meatrolls on the table, and using the hand not occupied with clinging to R'nd, B'jin picked one up delicately, pausing only long enough for R'nd to grab his own before tugging the other man over to the couch and claiming a seat, wriggling closer to his friend so their thighs were touching B'jin babbled something random about how amazing I'shan's cooking was as he picked daintily at the meatroll. Despite his absolutely undeniable desire for good food, B'jin firmly believed said good food should be savoured, not shovelled in like some people were wont to do ... Par'a!

Larrikith wasn't sure whether to be amused or embarrassed by the fact that B'jin's overly dramatic (and in her opinion, unfounded) fear was so easily dispelled by the offering of food. Food of a particularly good quality, if B'jin were to be believed, but food none-the-less. In the end, she decided on the both, shooting Ayyonth a flat look that was fuelled by emotions of exasperation aimed at their humans (which was nothing new, really) though her eyes swirled with the warm shades of deep amusement. Yes, B'jin was often worthy of a headache induced by head-bashing on something hard, but he usually also did something amusing in the process. So long as he continued to amuse her, Larrikith decided she could live with the whole embarrassment factor.

Oh, I will be deeply disappointed in all of them if we are bored to sleep. As if that would ever happen! Larrikith gave an amused snort at her own statement. If they bored them all to sleep, then the group of humans were obviously planning something to torture the dragons, and Larrikith personally had no desire to be trolled by her rider; it was her job to make his life uncomfortable!

[sup]Fifty? Fifty? Are you sure? xD
B'jin is amazing hahaha <33[/sup]

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Saquith's attitude was distinctly different to the three smaller dragons'. He didn't see why tonight was to be particularly entertaining or an 'evening of madness' as Ilveriath put it. It had been five months since the rainy explosion between the Brown and Bluepair and while Saquith didn't exactly remember the details unless N'gelt thought of them, there had been a great amount of uneasiness between Ilveriath and the Brownpair. It had eventually passed, but there were moments when Saquith remembered, when Ilveriath didn't respond quick enough and he would worry. Ilveriath was almost an idol to the Brown, he didn't want to lose the paternal figure as a companion again. To Saquith, that night five months ago had been madness and that was something he did not want a repeat of, even if he couldn't remember it properly.

He offered a small croon of greeting when Ayyonth and Larrikith landed. Hello. He sent, readjusting his wings as he watched the couple curl up together. His eyes whirled a yellowish green, reflecting his anxiousness at his fellow dragon's comments. Saquith didn't do a lot of associating with people or dragons, being so quiet and reserved he wasn't exactly the best companion to hold a conversation with. This lack of frequent socializing left him awkward and unhappy with being in the company of too many others at times, something that was definitely happening then.

Inside, N'gelt hadn't quite shown his face. Oh of course, being selected for Weyrsecond, well, it was only time until it happened. But I'shan had insisted on throwing a small, intimate dinner in his honour. At first this had seemed a great idea, his closest allies and friends would all gather to stroke his ego. Then came the time to gather those allies and friends... but I'shan seemed to have a different idea of who to invite in mind. Eventually they had compromised, R'nd could come along with an optional plus one invite. The majority of people that could withstand N'gelt well, they didn't run in I'shan's circles, nor did they particularly treat the Blue or Greenriders with much respect. It was a great sign of N'gelt's affection that he had opted for I'shan's circle, though he had refused any woman be allowed to enter.

This resulted in a very small party.

Grunting he stood from his bed, hearing R'nd and B'jin entering and being greeted by I'shan jovially. He would have a night of drinks with his own, much more tolerable friends another night. At least he could give R'nd points for turning up even after N'gelt had punched him at their first proper meeting. Well, if you could call N'gelt's drunken stumble home and demand for sex a proper meeting. Pushing his hair back off his face he approached the door, taking a deep breath as he prepared for what was probably going to be a very droll night.

N'gelt peered into the make-shift kitchen he had let I'shan set up, he wasn't exactly a cook and as such only had a room to store dried meats and ale that was now a kitchen. He raised an eyebrow in surprised approval, I'shan was managing well with the fire they had set up and it smelt delicious.

"This should become more permanent." He grunted to the Bluerider, so dutifully watching the stew.

Well. It was probably time to meet the guests who were here to celebrate his promotion.

Sighing N'gelt walked out into the main living room. "Hey," he greeted, giving the pair a brief nod before striding over to pick up a meatroll and sitting in a large armchair. Taking a bite he frowned a little and stared closer at the food, the glaze on it was unfamiliar to him. But it was good, very good. Of course, he wouldn't verbally acknowledge that, but the speed in which he consumed the first and started the second was more than enough proof.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

All of R’nd’s fears and apprehensions vanished when I’shan opened the door. How could anyone stay upset or coiled with any amount of tension when his fellow bluerider beamed so brightly? That was probably why R’nd could never stay mad at the man for more than two minutes and always went out of his way to help I’shan, whether he knew it was done or not, and stayed such great friends. I’shan was trouble but it was fun and usually worth it – including getting punched in the face. Well, mostly. That had been a miserable night and few days following and even now R’nd wanted to rub at his cheek in memory of the pain but he ignored it. This was a night of celebration! It was a night of new beginnings as they celebrated N’gelt’s prestigious promotion, so why couldn’t they also count it as a new first impression and start over?

At least he hoped N’gelt would see it that way and not take a smile the wrong way and start a brawl. R’nd was close to worrying again about the decision to accept and then drag B’jin along. After all, he still wasn’t fond of how controlling the brownrider seemed to be given how I’shan seemed a bit more subdued and didn’t spend as much times with friends anymore. Of course R’nd failed to see how he, too, could be pinned with both charges, though he likely would have argued it was for different circumstances.

“Thanks for inviting us to share this special ni—” R’nd laughed as B’jin jumped at the idea of I’shan’s amazing food, dragging him along as well. He could understand the enthusiasm since their friend actually knew that a kitchen was used for more than alcohol storage. The laughter stopped when B’jin did, sending R’nd bumping into the greenrider since he hadn’t been paying much attention to begin with but likely wouldn’t have expected such a reaction regardless. He looked around as B’jin did, a bit confused, but said nothing as he was once more pulled along to the food. It was sort of intriguing watching how quickly his lover’s mood swung from nervous to excited several times in a matter of seconds.

As they claimed the couch and B’jin scooted closer, R’nd placed a hand on the greenrider’s knee and gave a little squeeze of reassurance. Despite his own misgivings starting to fade away under I’shan’s excitement, R’nd wanted to make sure B’jin still knew he was there for him and nothing bad would happen.

He was on his second meatroll when N’gelt finally appeared. R’nd almost choked on the delicious morsel as a brief flash of panic hit him with memories of their first meeting returning. He had been enjoying I’shan’s cooking then as well, laughing and sharing gossip. This would be different, though, it had to be. “Hey,” he found his voice after swallowing, pleased it sounded calm. “Congratulations on becoming Weyrsecond. I don’t doubt that you will do a fine job at it.” It was best to get the flattery out up front just to make sure the brownrider knew he wasn’t there to cause trouble. Besides, it wasn’t entirely a falsehood he spoke since anyone would be a better choice for Weyrsecond than S’kef. Even Kerrin wouldn’t be as horrible. Well, R’nd quickly corrected as his nightmares came back, maybe not Kerrin.

If R’nd says anything as amusing as his thoughts are currently expressing, then I suspect none of us will be bored into napping.Ayyonth chuckled softly and shared some of R’nd’s back and forth thoughts with Larrikith. He knew Ilveriath wouldn’t mind the peek given some of the crazy things they had both been witness to when their riders got together but he held off on sharing then, slightly unsure of current boundaries. It was why he didn’t even consider sharing with Saquith. He didn’t know the brown that well for starters, but since R’nd was still nervous around Saquith’s rider, it likely would have been in poor taste to mention what was thought about N’gelt.

Still, he didn’t want the quiet dragon to feel left out and asked after N’gelt. What is your rider’s current mood, Saquith? Was he surprised at the promotion? I hope he doesn’t mind such a small gathering.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"More permenant?" I'shan asked, perking up a bit at the brownrider's words. He turned his head and beamed. "Really? You'd let me set up a kitchen in here?" he said. How sweet! N'gelt was insistent and stubborn when it came to what was his. I'shan loved the idea of making his little makeshift kitchen more permanent; a true sign that the brownrider had let him into his life! I'shan leaned over and gave the other man a kiss on the cheek before looking back to his stew.

"Thank you, baby. I'm glad you let the others come over," I'shan purred, not realizing just how cowed he sounded. He was cautious these days, always worried that he might upset his loving brownrider. It really did strike I'shan as unusually generous of N'gelt. He'd had his differences with both B'jin and R'nd, after all.

After N'gelt left, I'shan concentrated on the stew. It looked so perfect! It looked, smelled, and tasted just like what his mother had made him as a child. He smirked and quickly took it to the kitchen, where he'd already done all the place settings. He placed the pot in the middle and ran into the living area.

"It's done!" he squealed, for no other word properly described it. He rocked back and forth from toes to heels as he motioned for the others to file into the next room and seat themselves.

"It's my mom's old recipe from up north...she always did make the best food," he elaborated, barely able to contain his excitement. His two favorite friends and his lover...it was going to be the best night ever.

He walked into the pantry and retrieved a bottle of wine. He'd brought several, some to cook with and some to share. He popped it and smiled.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin looked up, startled, at the sudden sound of N'gelt's articulate greeting, brown eyes flashing to glance at N'gelt's before levelling on the brownrider's chin, unwilling to meet the colourist man's eye for a variety of reasons. B'jin pressed subtly closer to R'nd, his nervousness rearing its head once more at the new Weyrsecond's appearance. The greenrider had no major issues with the other man. He was simply everything B'jin hated in a brownrider (starting with the simple fact that he was a brownrider). Of course, he was still about six levels up on S'kef, so B'jin figured if he could work with that threadscored excuse for a human, he could probably survive being around N'gelt. He didn't think N'gelt would handle him in quite the same manner as S'kef did, however; the ex-Weyrsecond could be baited and teased, much like B'jin expected Wher baiting gave some people a thrill. Or like standing on the edge of a cave and daring Thread to get you or... B'jin's thoughts trailed off as the greenrider peered up at N'gelt from under his lashes and fringe of growing hair, not quite as subtle in his actions as he'd have liked but probably enough considering the younger rider was stuffing his face with I'shan's food. B'jin bit his bottom lip and ducked his head down, shoving another piece of food in his mouth, before he started giggling.

The Harper's nerves were high strung, and his imagination was overworked at the best of times; it hadn't taken much more than the stray thought of N'gelt eating so much of I'shan's food that he'd get fat to put the timid greenrider in a particularly delicate situation where he was liable to choke on the pastry he was attempting to swallow if he didn't somehow stop himself from erupting into giggles like a virgin holder girl (and those little girls could giggle) and get himself into trouble. He wasn't particularly sure any of his companions would react well to a sudden fit of laughter. R'nd would probably worry he'd cracked (which was probably true), I'shan would... well, probably think it had something to do with his cooking (which was not), and he could only imagine how badly it would cause N'gelt to reflect upon him. B'jin swallowed his mouthful with difficulty and cleared his throat, doing his best to swallow the laughter that was so very close to the surface. Brown eyes were dancing with humour, but he kept them focused in the direction of his knees, studying R'nd's hand in an attempt to settle himself.

A deep breath was taken, which B'jin then sighed out; it was jittery, and badly timed as it ended just as R'nd finished flattering N'gelt. B'jin's chin jerked up, seriously worried that the brownrider would take offence, eyes wide. Of course, N'gelt's opinions of greenriders may give him leeway, but it also caused issues and B'jin faltered, wondering if he were better off holding his tongue and being a good boy and not over stepping his place, or to jump in and make sure that it was understood he wasn't meaning to insinuate that he felt what R'nd had just said was a mockery. Faranth! Somewhat wild eyed and pressed tightly against R'nd's side, B'jin was visibly relieved when I'shan came bounding in with a squeal, offering escape and release - the greenrider jerked, a very conscious desire to bound over to the table and stuff his face and belly with Shel's very good cooking, and escape whatever reaction N'gelt might lay upon him.

However, the stronger reaction, one of turns worth of training, was a snap of brown eyes to the brownrider. Despite being visibly high strung and nervous (and more than a little terrified he'd insulted N'gelt with his giggly-sigh when R'nd had been speaking), the greenrider unconsciously sought permission before so much as rising; running always made it worse, and B'jin was pretty sure N'gelt knew all kinds of ways to make 'worse', worse. At some point between N'gelt entering and I'shan's enthusiastic claim, B'jin had threaded his fingers through R'nd's, and his grip on his friend's hand was vice-like.

[sup]He didn't actually laugh, I'm not sure if that made itself known; he just gave a giggly exhale as R'nd was finishing his flattery.
Crap. I forgot Larri. I might edit her in. Otherwise assume she's simply smugly watching the goings on from Ayyonth's side.[/sup]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

N'gelt paid little attention to both R'nd and B'jin, they weren't exactly his friends. He did nod and grunt his thanks to R'nd's flattery, though he needn't have gone out of the way to make it clear he wasn't there for trouble. After their first meeting, if you could call it that, N'gelt had spoken, or more listened, to I'shan about R'nd. They were close friends, but nothing more if that's what N'gelt wished. Which he did. So! N'gelt didn't care for R'nd's fancy word play much more than soaking up the compliment to feed his ego.

Funnily enough, B'jin's attempt to stay quiet and unnoticed had the opposite effect on N'gelt. His eyebrow arched up as he watched the older Greenrider twitching and jumping at seemingly everything. He continued to stare at him when I'shan called out that dinner was served, absolutely confused. Standing he walked over to B'jin and grabbed him by the arm. It wasn't a tight or menacing grip, though no doubt the frightened man would see it that way.

"Are you ill?" N'gelt frowned. He didn't want someone sick in his hut, spreading germs everywhere so that he would in turn be sick himself. Maybe it was a mental illness? Were those even real? N'gelt felt it was a bit of a scam really. He stared at B'jin's face, trying to see if he was sweating or had a runny nose, any little telltale sign that would confirm illness.

After a few moments he let go, warily walking over to the dining setup, keeping a close watch on the Greenrider. He sat down, feeling a little uncomfortable with the intimate setting and the additional pair. It was almost like they were spying on them... but with an invitation to do so. Did that count as spying?

When I'shan returned with the bottle of wine he eyed it suspiciously, wondering if in his excitement his lover had forgotten probably the first rule he had: no wine. Others were welcome to drink it, but N'gelt wouldn't touch a drop of the stuff. It was ale or liquor for him! He gave a quick glance around, was it rude to get up and dig out a bottle of ale for himself now? Was there some kind of etiquette?

This was stupid.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin didn't utter so much as a sound when N'gelt grabbed his arm. He did, however, almost plaster himself on the roof in terrified shock. Brown eyes huge, B'jin turned to stare up at N'gelt in horror, trembling visibly. It took a moment for the Weyrsecond's words to register, the greenrider being too focused on the way the brownrider was eyeing him off, and wondering if he would make it out of the hut alive. When they did, B'jin shook his head timidly, refusing to take his gaze from N'gelt's face but incapable of not answering. His voice had gone on holiday.

When N'gelt finally let him go (it felt like a lifetime!) B'jin collapsed back against R'nd, trembling as he pressed back against the bluerider, unconsciously - but visibly - seeking reassurance. He cautiously relaxed his grip on R'nd's hand after a few moments, still pressed tight to the bluerider's side. I believe he thinks you're weird, Larrikith put in cheerfully, her words distinctly giving the impression of N'gelt. You are acting remarkably silly. B'jin frowned, pouting slightly. He was not! You are acting like a wherry surrounded by hungry dragons. You do realise no one is going to eat you, right? Well, R'nd might, but you haven't objected to that yet.

B'jin wasn't quite sure whether to be amused or embarrassed, particularly when he realised Larrikith had shared the entire wherry eating comment with R'nd. He was still trying to decide when he found himself at the table, and blinked. Had he lead them over, or had R'nd? Did it matter? B'jin lifted his free hand to ruffle through his hair, the fingers of his other hand still securely linked with R'nd's. The greenrider glanced sideways at his lover, before seating himself, letting the other man's fingers go so he could reclaim his own. It was less reassuring, but he was sitting on the other side of the table to the brownrider, so he should have some forewarning if N'gelt decided to attack him...

Right?

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd kept a careful track of N’gelt’s movements and would admit to only himself that he tensed the slightest bit when the brownrider approached B’jin. They hadn’t made any advancements on I’shan and neither had they insulted N’gelt so he assumed they were safe but still why get so close? He worried more when B’jin seemed ready to bolt from the room, through the ceiling, before replying without a word. R’nd, normally so quick on his feet and had a pretty word for everything, couldn’t think of a reason to explain B’jin’s odd behaviour to go along with the shake of head and let it be as was and wrapped an arm around his friend’s waist in silent comfort instead. The brownrider had wandered off so it was of no real concern anyway. R’nd’s real concern was B’jin’s well-being and giving him strength. He didn’t know why he was so jittery outside the usual caution greenriders and even some blueriders had around brownriders but he’d be the needed support all the same.

Larrikith’s comment made him chuckle softly under his breath and R’nd gave a quick nibble to B’jin’s ear as they stood from their spot on the couch to join the party at the dining table. “I’m glad you haven’t objected. Maybe I’ll continue the nibbling later tonight?” The words were whispered for B’jin alone, a promise of pleasure if B’jin so desired to take him up on it. Sadly, they were soon seating themselves at the table and had to behave again, though with the spread before them, it was easy to focus once again at the reason for being there.

“Your mom’s recipes are always amazing, Shel.” Grey eyes went large for several heartbeats as he realised what he said, sounding so familiar with I’shan by using a nickname and letting on he ate the man’s cooking in the past. He quickly stole a glance at N’gelt and hoped he wouldn’t be leaving another dinner early again because of his big mouth and N’gelt’s heavy fist.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan missed most of the drama, too preoccupied by the wine selection process to overhear much of the conversation. He turned around just in time to see B'jin pull away from N'gelt's grasp and cringe against R'nd. I'shan frowned. Surely N'gelt hadn't done something out of sorts already? Not after I'shan had requested that his lover be on his very best behavior tonight?

The little bluerider bit his lip and continued on, banishing his concerns to the back of his mind. B'jin was probably just being a little bit skittish! That made sense, right? B'jin was always a little bit skittish, though I'shan had started to notice that it appeared to be around the riders of male dragons more often than not. As he bustled into the kitchen, I'shan wondered if he'd done anything unseemly during their flight to make B'jin so nervous around him.

Within minutes, his concerns were behind him. He moved into the dining area with a bright smile and quickly began serving dinner, starting with the wine. As he moved from glass to glass, I'shan thought about what a treat this must be for B'jin. After all, it wasn't every day that a bluerider served a greenrider dinner! In his own smug delight, he didn't pause to consider that such thoughts made him part of the problem not part of the solution. Empathy wasn't his strong suit, but he was trying.

Next was the stew. I'shan quickly spooned out generous portions to each man, pausing to give R'nd and B'jin a thankful and reassuring look respectively. He really appreciated the er...risks they'd taken to attend.

Oh! He'd forgotten the most important part! How could he? The little bluerider frowned back at his mate. "I'm sorry, baby! I forgot to get your drink," I'shan said in a flourish of uncharacteristic subservience. In the back of his mind, Ilveriath shuddered. I'shan was too focused on the task in front of him to notice, but Ilveriath was awfully worried over this little trend.

I'shan darted from the room like an obedient kitchen servant running errands for a lord. He returned with a bottle of ale, which he opened and apologetically handed over.

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to forget," I'shan cooed, wholly unaware of his own cowed behavior. Then, with a supremely satisfied look, the oblivious bluerider seated himself.

"How's the food?" he asked his friends eagerly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Well, that was certainly a lie. N'gelt continued to watch B'jin with a perplexed frown, there was no way anyone acted like that without being sick. If there was such thing as a mental illness, some undiscovered malfunction within the brain, B'jin definitely had one.

Larrikith... Saquith sent quietly. Is there something... wrong, with B'jin? There was plenty of emphasis within his voice to let her know he meant mentally. He didn't want to accuse the little Green of Impressing someone not altogether there, but if anyone knew it would be her and honestly, he just wanted to know so he could soothe his rider's confusion. He shifted a little, uncomfortable with those who were present; something largely reflected into him by N'gelt.

He looked up at R'nd's words and frowned. Shel? Who on Pern was Shel? Of course... the compliment had to be directed at I'shan because he was the only one cooking here and it was his mother's recipe. But Shel? Okay. Clearly those lacking in minds gravitated together and stuck together.

I'shan was Ishellian before he graduated. Saquith supplied, eager at the chance to ease his rider's confusion.

N'gelt's eyebrow shot up as his eyes went out of focus. 'And you know this... how?' He paused, realizing with his dragon's obsession for knowing names it was a stupid question. 'Nevermind! How do they know?' B'jin was from Telgar and R'nd Impressed at Katila, unless I'shan went about touting his pre-graduation name... which he didn't to N'gelt's knowledge... how did they know?!

I do not know. Perhaps you should ask? N'gelt only just held in a scoff at his dragon's suggestion.

Ask.

Them.

The mentally struggling ones.

Yeah, right.

N'gelt was pleased when I'shan quickly returned with a bottle of ale and an apology. He saw nothing unusual in his or his mate's behaviour. This was completely normal, was it not? He accepted the bottle, giving him a small smile in return, a refreshing change from his confused frown. It wasn't what could be called a kind smile, though it was genuine enough coming from the burly man. Taking a swig he set it down before digging into his mate's wonderful meal. The night had improved bounds in the past few moments; his needs were attended to without needing to be spoken and he had a delicious meal before him.

"You needn't ask." He grunted in answer to his weyrmate's question. I'shan had received plenty of praises from N'gelt about his cooking before. That he was offering a more permanent installment, well, a properly dug fire pit and roasting setup, was probably the greatest compliment of all that he was capable of.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd was doing his best to keep an eye on everyone and to continue looking like this was just another normal dinner with friends. To be fair, it almost was, and probably could have been if he kept his mouth shut when he met N’gelt. How was he to know the brownrider didn’t like being reminded he was a loser? He won I’shan because of losing, that was all he meant and while R’nd was still beyond thrilled to have won B’jin’s flight, he thought his best friend would have been an amazing runner up prize. Or so he imagined; they had never done anything more than flirting in all their time of knowing each other. Much woe to that.

He complimented I’shan with enthusiasm that would keep him safe from a face full of fist as each dish came out and was sampled. They really needed to hang out some more again, especially with food involved! A covert glance to N’gelt reminded R’nd that that might not be such a grand idea. Being alone in a private setting would likely anger the brownrider that R’nd still wasn’t overly sure about. It really didn’t help N’gelt at all that I’shan seemed so determined to everything perfect for the man and seemed so eager to please and get some sort of praise. It was so …anti-I’shan. Of course his friend loved attention but he didn’t run around in circles and hope his lover was upset over not getting a drink right when he wanted it. And ‘baby’? Did he seriously just hear that word come out of that mouth in that tone? It was disturbing and R’nd had to raise his glass to hide the frown that he knew he was giving.

That also gave him an idea. “I’shan, why don’t you lead a toast for our new Weyrsecond?” R’nd was testing I’shan now. He worried for his friend being with a violent man and wanted to see how he would behave when it came time to flatter him in a fancy speech. It’d likely also show if I’shan truly was falling into a submissive trance or if the scene over the ale was a one-off.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)