World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 731.07.24 | A very little dragon pile [Valerian]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
(If anyone else wants in, let me know. Backdated. Tams, tell me if it causes any problems and I can change the date.)

It was late and Jada was finishing braiding her hair for sleep. It was dry, since it was winter so she had taken her bath earlier in the evening before dinner in order to help prevent catching a chill. Manual dexterity was still tough since her small surgery (or major infection, depending on who you asked) so the braid was messy and uneven, and Krypth was eying her critically as the two of them settled into the pile of blankets and pillows that lay in Krypth's stone hollow on the floor. The dragonet had settled into her bed alone, at first, but after the incident she was clingier than ever in some ways. Since that night, Jada had taken to either sharing Krypth's bed, or letting the gold dragon back in hers. Then she had been reminded of it being a bad idea to let Krypth get used to the human bed, and now here she was, fluffing pillows with her Bonded.

"And you're not going to wake me up before dawn?" she asked Krypth for the fifth time, giving the little dragon a mock-severe look. The dragonet nodded instead of answering, shoving one of the pillows into just the right position so that she could watch the door. The little Gold had already shown a certain need to be in the know on things, just like Jada herself. It was somewhat precious, actually, except for the fact that it was hard to keep up with her often boundless energy. Still, at a little over a month and a half old, those moments when Krypth did sleep, she slept hard. Luckily, she was adapting quickly to a day-night schedule, even if she considered the false dawn to be the start of a new day. She was learning, though the bags under Jada's golden eyes cried a slightly different story. "And remember, if you don't get me up too early tomorrow, we can see about going someplace fun tomorrow. Like the lake. Okay?"

I understand. Krypth's voice was grave, crisp. Jada, I do have something to tell you. I have invited company for sleep time tonight. I heard about it from one of the other Weyrlings, who said it was quite fun and very warm. Your toes are often so very cold at night, and they get under my wings.

"You what? And they do not!"

They do. Like little worms. They just wiggle everywhere.

"Who did you invite?" One did not argue incorrect facts with their dragon. It simply encouraged them.

Everyone. She said it blandly. Except for Oruth, Unowth, Pluth, Sunoth, Coroth, Glieseth, Peostath, Hoth and Charath. Remenath said he didn't think His would be interested. Oh, and Terth, because His finds everything boring, and that makes me very upset.

Everyone, Jada decided, except for most of her siblings. Shards, Krypth had invited G'rem to come sleep with them all? How had she thought Remenath would even fit in their bedroom?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Valerian was doing his best to ignore Veeth, sitting several feet from him and staring intently, as he worked on a poem. He knew what his dragon wanted and while the young Harper wasn’t opposed to the idea, he wasn’t in a rush to get to it either. He hated interrupting his work when caught up in the moment and given the compliments Veeth sometimes gave in the rare times writing could be done without falling asleep at the desk, exhausted from the day’s work, Valerian knew the little blue understood the desire to be left undisturbed. However, Veeth was a budding socialite and liked spending time with his friends and when the golden friend requested his presence, Veeth puffed up a bit more with pride and became a bit antsy to answer.

“We’ll go soon, Veeth,” Valerian didn’t have to look over to know the dragon hadn’t moved from his prim posture where only his tail twitched occasionally as the only sign he wasn’t a statue. He held suspicions that the trick had been learned from Charath whether the spunky green knew it or not. I thought you would be excited to go as well. Jada’s a friend, isn’t she? Valerian ignored the question as he worked out the phrasing of the last line and finally called the piece done. He’d review it again later but he hardly made changes save for small grammar or word switch-outs. It drove his teachers insane when they offered advice and he refused to make drastic changes. If he didn’t like it as he wrote it, things would have been edited then or scrapped all together but he was always proud of what he put to paper. “We see her every day with classes and sometimes in free time. Tonight will be no different from other nights we’ve met up for.”

Valerian turned to look at Veeth in time to catch the dragon cocking his head to the side to watch him curiously. He knew there was a rebuttal coming but he couldn’t predict what it would be. But Krypth and Jada will be taking special classes without us soon and they’ll have less time for us for a while. I know you know that as well. Veeth’s sweet voice was tinged with sadness at the idea of losing time with a dear friend and Valerian patted his lap where a dragon’s head was quickly resting for soothing strokes over his head knobs.

“I do know that,” there wasn’t a need to deny it, it was literally written on the paper on his desk. The poem he had finished was a tale of tragedy as a brother and sister both Impressed but were on different paths throughout the weyr as one was gold and the other of low rank. The piece he had written when last he had the chance had been of a similar theme but of dragonriders that had been close friends before their duties pulled them apart. With the dragonets growing more in recent weeks, it was driving home the fact that two of his friends had Impressed gold and bronze while he was just a bluerider in the making. He had been relieved when Erisi, Allendris, and Jada all Impressed with him so they could continue to be together but Valerian’s pretty green eyes were opening to the fact that a divide was still to come. “You’re right. Let’s go see Jada and Krypth.”

Valerian barely contained a smile on the short trek to Jada’s room as Veeth merrily trotted in front of him. Veeth’s innocence and enjoyment of life was precious and his good mood was sometimes hard to block out. When the room was reached, keeping with tradition of not respecting his friends’ privacy when it came to their rooms, Valerian opened the door and let Veeth bound in before making his own appearance. Hello, ladies! He chuckled softly at the sight of Jada and Krypth curled up on the floor and the way Veeth went right over to greet the little gold with a nuzzle to her cheek before attempting the same on Jada.

“Veeth couldn’t wait to come see you two,” Valerian explained after the door was shut and he made himself at home on the floor beside Jada.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Krypth and Jada were fluffing up the last of the pillows (well, Jada was fluffing and Krypth was busily critiquing her work) when the door was pushed open. Krypth twitched, rising to meet her clutchmate as he pranced into her room. "Veeth!" Jada cried, and Krypth crooned happily, golden tail swinging side to side. Naturally neither girl could let poor Veeth get away with just a nuzzle on the cheek! Tonight was cuddle night! Krypth pushed back against him, following him over to the human woman, who proceeded to smooch the blue nose that was so obligingly coming her way.

Even in his youth, the ladies already loved Veeth.

Jada thought it would be a lovely idea to absolutely smother Veeth is snuggles, and between the two of them, they were certainly going to be able to do it. The gold dragonet crooned, sliding closer to her sibling while Jada leaned in to the affectionate blue, sneaky arms being sneaky in order to get around him better. Goodness knew if they would succeed, but they were going to try giving it a try! "Hi Valerian!" Jada greeted her friend, tossing him a grin before aiming another kiss for Veeth's face while Krypth's long tongue snaked out in his direction.

They weren't wicked females, but it was late, he was cuddly, and, well... Valerian fought back more. He would certainly get his turn though, but it was easy to tell which of the pair seemed to appreciate getting cuddlebombed more.

Krypth's tail flailed, and she backed away from her brother fairly quickly, abandoning her bonded to her fate while she decided to lavish attention on the softer of the two. Besides, Jada wasn't as comfortable climbing all over Valerian as Krypth herself, for a reason that the gold had yet to determine. Her Bonded got very awkward with physical contact with other people, which was silly, because Krypth adored contact, and it made Jada so happy! Valerian! You came too! It was so exciting! That was two of the people she had invited! And now, only all the others had to show up and there would be a big pile of people, and it would be so lovely and warm, and soft and such a nice soothing sound. She'd heard, however, that Gallifreth snored, which would be very unfortunate.

Luckily, Jada had taught her a trick with a pillow that should work wonders so long as she didn't accidentally smother him.

I'm so happy you made it. the dragon scrambled over her Bonded, aiming for the young man just on the other side of Jada's wide ass. Really, all this exercise and she still had a belly pouch? Krypth would have to put her on a diet. (She'd heard this word from one of the small female humans, who had said that she was going to be as small as Indivara by midsummer or else!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Valerian wasn’t opposed to smiling or laughing, he just didn’t do either that much in front of people. That said, he couldn’t help the bubble of laughter at Veeth being mauled with hugs and kisses and the way the blue seemed to enjoy every second of it. His dragon was apparently a lady-killer. If it wasn’t getting to be late after a long day of classes and chores, Valerian may have thought longer on that idea and what it might mean when the dragon was fully matured but for the time being, he was content to simply smile and bask in the happiness Veeth projected and seemed to give to the other two. “You spoil him,” he chided softly but it was clear he really didn’t care, far too amused at Veeth sitting pretty for his kisses with his tail rapidly swishing.

When Krypth came for him, Valerian braced for impact but the little gold had a bit more grace and dignity than some of the other excitable dragonets and wasn’t really in danger of being knocked over. He held out his arms and gave her a little hug and a pat on the head in greeting before letting her try to shower affection on him. “Of course I came, Krypth. Someone has to make sure you three stay out of trouble.” While it may have come off as joking around, Valerian was also partially serious as he knew Jada and how mischief seemed to find her even when she wasn’t seeking it out. Some days, Valerian was surprised at how well his friends functioned without him nearby to assist in one way or another.

“Were you already sleeping?” Valerian asked Jada, leaning over Krypth to lightly yank on the crooked braid. Given the state of her hair, it seemed a good guess though as soon as he sat back and returned to petting Krypth, realization struck. Jada had regained a great deal of mobility in her hands but it was hard to say how her dexterity was for finer details like tending to her hair. Working on the belief that mentioning her hands would only take away the bright smile Veeth was encouraging with a few stolen licks to Jada’s cheeks, Valerian let his question stand despite showing his oversight and hesitated a moment longer as he debated the idea that sprang to mind. This was Jada, they had known each other in their youth so what was one silly suggestion that could leave him open to her teasing about it? It really wasn’t that big of a deal, anyway.

Still, Valerian glanced at his hands before reaching back out for the braid for another little tug, “want me to braid your hair properly so it doesn’t slip free so easily?” Having two older sisters that helped raise him left him with odd secret traits so it was about time one of them was used.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jada cuddled the blue dragonet happily, trying to be careful with him. Krypth was a sturdy little thing, but she didn't know Veeth's particular limits and she didn't want to hurt him. His tail was wagging back and forth and she laughed, pressing her face to him again greedily while Krypth clambered over her. "I'm not spoiling him." she told Valerian, grinning at the happy-looking weyrling. "Do I? i don't think so."

The dragonet behind her crooned happily, multifaceted eyes almost glowing in happiness. Greedily, her head bumped up towards the Harper's chin, humming. You are such a good friend, Valerian. Jada and I value you and Veeth very much. It was true- much as they were very busy with one thing or another, Krypth thought it was good to see Jada so happy and feeling so relaxed. And Veeth was just loveable! We weren't sleeping yet, but I was starting to think no one was going to come to my Sleeping Gather.

Jada squawked at the hand on her braid, and fell into the tug, toppling away from Veeth and towards her humanoid companion, falling against her Bonded and blinking amber eyes up at Valerian. "I think Krypth had it about right.We were just finishing the pillow-fluffing." But Jada was still hoping that 'everyone' didn't show up. Just a few select people were fine, and there would be no disappointment if Val and Veeth were the only two! Veeth's tongue found its way over her cheeks and Jada cried out, squeaking at the wetness as it slid over her skin.

The next tug came and Jada made a little noise of almost-complaint, not quite sure if it bothered her or not. Not so much in that he had called her hair sloppy (a grave insult if this had occurred before the Hatching!) but in that it had simply been so long since someone had played with her hair just for the sake of playing with it, or simple kindness. "That would be nice," she agreed. "If it comes loose while we're sleeping, who knows what will get tangled up in there."

Veeth will be all wrapped up. Krypth's vote was instantaneous, and weighted with experience. I'm sleeping with Val!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

You’re not spoiling me! It’s just a natural reaction to want to lavish me in so much attention. Veeth chirped with his statement he saw as a truth but lacked in any real egotistical nature. He knew everyone found him adorable and he believed his friendliness to everyone inspired people to be the same to him. Valerian shook his head at the answer, somewhat amused at the knowledge that that would earn him even more affection but then eyed Krypth suspiciously.

Was he a good friend? He worked at keeping Jada out of trouble when he could and teased her as often as she did him, so possibly. They were a pretty balanced pair, he supposed, but it still made him wonder why Krypth was gushing at him so much about valuing Veeth and him. Well, whatever. He gave the gold dragonet another pat on the head and let the comment slide without even an arrogant comment about being a good friend because he was amazing. Jada had, surprising him somewhat, agreed to let her hair be braided and that task had taken over the forefront of his mind.

Without disturbing Krypth too much, Valerian shifted just enough to get into a better position to test his skills at braiding. They hadn’t been used in multiple turns but the basic idea was still there. The elastic was slipped free of Jada’s hair and placed around his wrist so it wouldn’t be lost amongst blankets, pillows, and excited dragonets. The next task was carefully parting the long hair into three even sections, something Valerian took his time on, fingers running through each section several times to make sure it was smooth and he was satisfied with the parting. In a way, he was testing what he was working with, just like any good Harper did with an instrument before applying their trait to it, though Valerian was wise enough not to point out to Jada he had just mentally compared her to a guitar. His cheeks weren’t in the mood for a vicious pinch attack that night.

As he started twining the strands left over centre, right over centre, he glanced briefly to Krypth and then back to the hair, “you’re sleeping with me, huh? I guess you could be a decent enough pillow,” he was teasing, somewhat, as Valerian was known to use a little blue dragonet or the side of a plump green dragon for pillows before. “But how many people did you invite, Krypth? I’m not sure this room can hold the entire class.” If all the weyrlings did try to cram into the room, which would almost be amusing, Valerian was glad they were in Jada’s room and not his. He didn’t want to clean up that mess or find his writings scattered and torn.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Krypth's eyes could possibly be described as luminous as she stared expectantly at Valerian. Surely, surely he would recognize now that he needed to scratch behind her headknobs. She had told him what a wonderful person he was, a heavy-handed fore-hint if she had ever given one. And it just so happened to be true. She knew she adored Veeth and Valerian because Jada smiled so much when she saw them, and because Veeth was simply lovely. She crooned as Valerian's hand stroked over her head, eyes shimmering blue and green. As Veeth's positioned himself differently in Krypth and Jada's nest the dragonet also adjusted, sneaking her tail under her Jada's leg and her nose into Valerian's lap. She could forgive Jada for being so needy and silly- Krypth had discovered that she wasn't very good at braiding hair yet. So she could use this opportunity to better observe someone who could actually manage it, until she got better. It was hard to try and stroke through Jada's hair with such unwieldy paws though, and she'd only get bigger. It was tragic, Krypth decided.

As one, Jada and the dragonet sighed, relaxing; Valerian's hands sank into Jada's mass of hair, and her own hands trailed over Veeth's blue hide, slipping over his head to a spot between the headknobs that the woman knew Krypth simply went wild for. The golden leg would thump and everything. Every snag that Valerian caught would make Jada's nose scrunch up. Luckily, he was... surprisingly gentle. Playing with a woman's hair wasn't a talent that she would have assigned to the Harper if she had been asked. It was an intimate action, in a way, and she hadn't been privy to that part of his life. Did he have sisters? Had it been a lover? How had he learned to braid hair? So many questions bubbled there, even as she felt herself yawn.

Relaxing!

I am sleeping with you. Krypth's confirmation was quick and crisp. I believe I have many qualifications that lead to me being an excellent pillow, not just decent. How (almost) insulting! I am good at everything I do. No ego there- it was the truth. Wasn't it? A snicker from the Harper, and Krypth's head shot up. Why was Jada laughing? Valerian had asked a question, and Krypth was going to answer it? What was so funny about the list of people coming to stay the night with them? I invited everyone in the class, and the Weyrlingmaster. Well, everyone except Oruth, Unowth, Pluth, Sunoth, Coroth, Glieseth, Peostath, Hoth and Charath. And Terth. I invited G'rem and Remenath, but Remenath said he didn't think His would be interested. I don't see why not.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Veeth crooned under Jada’s skilful touch and almost felt like he should be petting Krypth or Valerian in some way as well. Valerian was playing with Jada’s hair and she was rubbing his headknobs so it made sense to carry on the nice gesture! But the other two were both out of reach and Veeth was far too comfortable to move for more nuzzling with the pretty gold. There would be plenty of time that night or the next day to make up for it and he would, too. Veeth hated to short change someone on such nice things. Like now, how he would return the compliment given to Valerian and him. Jada, Valerian and I value you and Krypth as good friends as well. It’s part of why we’re here tonight. Valerian was in need of a friend and you’re good at cheering him up.

Valerian sent annoyance to Veeth at him sharing just that little bit of information though it wasn’t anything he wouldn’t say anyway. When Krypth spoke up, the annoyance was gone and he chuckled softly at the professional reply he was given and inclined his head in apology to the dragonet still using his lap as a pillow. He found that amusing as well considering they were discussing her qualifications for pillow duty. He had learned you didn’t argue with sassy greens unless you wanted to risk some sort of death-defying punishment and it seemed the same might apply with know-it-all golds as well. No wonder Jada always seemed frazzled and tired. Krypth was a hand full.

“So you invited half the class and an old man. Even still, I think we’re in for a lot of cuddling if even a handful more show up.” Valerian really wasn’t sure what to think of that. He was still glad Veeth hadn’t decided to host a slumber party with their class but even with the smaller number, they were all likely going to be getting up close and personal with each other. Some people Valerian simply didn’t want to be that close to. Maybe if Allendris came, which would be unlikely unless Vyaniorth got his way, Valerian could sleep between him and Jada with their dragons around them, keeping him from getting too close to the others he typically avoided.

That was if they showed up. Currently, Valerian was okay if no one else did.

Hands worked with a practiced ease as the skill came back to him with little issue. He had started over after a few rotations because he wasn’t satisfied with the tightness. On the second go Valerian found it acceptable; not too tight it would tug on and leave Jada’s scalp sore come morning but not too loose either where it would fall apart as soon as it was tied. He was nearly done when Valerian realised just how much hair his friend actually did have. It was often seen blowing in a wild mess and with its curls, it was hard to judge the true length but now he was gaining an appreciation for it. He couldn’t imagine having that much hair and the upkeep for it but at the same time he could see the appeal in having a lover with hair like Jada’s. It was almost enjoyable to run his fingers through the long locks before the braiding began. But it was all odd and unnecessary thoughts. Veeth would likely ensure he didn’t get this close to anyone else for another turn and Valerian didn’t think there was someone out there that would be able to tolerate him as a weyrmate so doing Jada’s hair would just have to sate any odd intimacy issues that arose.

As he slid the band from his wrist and twisted it around the end of the braid, Valerian realised Jada was probably being her usual nosy self or imaginative self and had created a reason behind his hidden talent. Since he rarely told anyone about himself, it was tempting to let her go on believing anything she had made up but like with Talian, Jada sometimes managed to pull information out of him without trying and had a chatty Valerian on their hands. He gave a light tug to the end of the braid, signalling it was done and finally confessed, “I have two older sisters that helped raise me when my mother was helping in other areas on the farm. Their hair was about half as long as yours but it seemed like a lot when I was so young and even still the last time I was able to visit them while Journeying.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Veeth's crooning made Krypth happy, because one of hers was happy, and Jada was happy and that made her simply overflow with feelings of happy. So much happy that she might even forgive the fact that her Gather was so small. In fact, it was forgotten and forgiven, all one-hundred percentages. She crooned to her clutchmate, tail thumping. It was wonderful that Valerian and Veeth loved her and Jada the way they loved them! Jada misses her little ones, and her home, and so we should spend more time with you. I will even make sure that I keep Jada on good behavior so that Valerian has no need to defend his cheeks. Though I think he likes it. His scowl is never an angry scowl when she pinches him, I don't think. Then again, I do not spend time observing humans like I do other dragons.

She lipped at Valerian's shirt, pleased that the human had acknowledged that she was a superior pillow. In fact, Krypth would dare say he would be hard pressed to find anything more comfortable than her! Except for Jada's front. Krypth missed being able to lay her head on Jada's chest without the girl complaining. It was always so soft, and made it easier for Jada to scratch her. In fact, she may suggest it later, when time came for cuddles to end and sleep to begin. Valerian's head was nowhere near as large as Krypth's.

I think Remenath would be very comfortable to lay on, and G'rem could use a good night's sleep. There is nothing more comfortable than sleeping with Jada. She makes little noises that are very relaxing. Rumbles.

"I do not!" Jada's protest was quick, but she didn't move from Valerian's skilled hands- skilled at braiding hair- to glare at her Bonded. Krypth rumbled in amusement. "I don't!" The Harper felt her spine bow, just a hair, and scritched at Veeth just a little bit more vigorously, to make Krypth sorry that she was missing out on the best scratch Jada had ever tried to give. Hah! She closed her eyes, feeling a little smile play across her lips.

It was lovely, all in all, having someone play with her hair. Jada let her head loll to the side, relaxing, daydreaming. When was the last time she'd had someone want to play with her hair? Most the people in Katila were more... businesslike... and she'd not made any particularly close girlfriends. Her hair was her pride. Her memory of home. Shards- the last time someone had just sat there and spoiled her was... "Two sisters?" The smile widened, and Jada opened her eyes.

The brief rush of pleasure that it hadn't been a lover was quickly stamped down in favor of curiosity. If she hadn't been afraid that he'd stop, she might have turned to face him. "How much older were they? Did they go to Halls as well, or-" No, he'd said visit them while Journeying, but it was still possible. "What were their names?"

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Valerian stayed silent as Jada and Krypth partook in their usual bantering. He wondered how either of them had the energy to bicker over everything every single day but in the end decided it was good for both girls. Jada would learn to hold her ground and develop more of a backbone in asking for things instead of nodding and doing what she was told instead and Krypth had a chance to learn how to compromise and listen to others around her. As exhausting as it could be to watch them butt heads constantly, it was still amusing, hence Valerian’s desire to stay out of it, even when Jada’s sleeping habits were mentioned.

Veeth, however, was curious and in a playful mood. He nudged at Jada’s hand as whirling blue eyes gazed up at the female Harper, You can rumble? That’s a special skill! I haven’t met many who can outside of dragons. To show what he meant, Veeth rumbled himself and then nearly rolled over with limbs and wings splayed everywhere when Jada upped her scritching skills. Krypth is right. We should get together more regularly! Jada’s very skilled with her hands. Valerian was pretty sure Veeth had just invented dragon purring with how content his dragonet sounded right then.

Still, Valerian said nothing as he took in all the craziness around him; at least until Jada, as suspected, picked up the dropped piece of his past. He was suddenly ceased with the idea of not saying anything else but, again, it was just Jada and sharing some more information wouldn’t hurt. What did hurt, briefly, was her use of past tense despite how correct she was. It sucked and for the most part Valerian was over it but sometimes even he was susceptible to bouts of remembering what was and longing for a taste of it once again. Thanks to Veeth and his own enjoyment of trying new things before he grew too bored, they never lasted long and Valerian was able to move back into accepting what had happened and getting on with life.

“Saphira is three years older, Seraphina is five years older, and I have a brother as well, Zayra, who is seven years older.” Despite his own debate just then about past and present tenses, Valerian still chose to use present while discussing his siblings. They weren’t in his life anymore but they, as far as he knew, still lived and therefore deserved that little courtesy from him. “They loved music as well but neither wanted to pursue it. They excelled at tailoring and gifted me with some clothes when I would go see them. You can blame them, in part, for some of my quirkier shirts.” He only had the outfit he wore when he was Stolen but Valerian had used the shirt as an example of what he wanted when it came time to harass Katilan tailors to make him more clothes. Whether he started a trend or not wasn’t really a concern of his, though Valerian hoped deep down he didn’t since it was a part of his identity.

“Zayra has likely taken over the farm to let our father retire; if the stubborn man even knows what that word is.” It was highly doubtful. Valerian definitely didn’t inherit the full gene of working hard from sunrise to sunset. He smiled a bit at that thought but it vanished as quickly as it came and Valerian shifted so he could stretch his legs out around Jada. It was a difficult task with dragons everywhere he moved but it was finally accomplished and it didn’t seem like he disturbed anyone. Veeth didn’t mind at least and green eyes watched Krypth carefully in case the gold felt put out. His hand was at the ready for extreme petting to ease any hissy fits.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A nudge against her hands had Jada glancing down at the blue dragon, face set in a firm pout. "I don't rumble on purpose." she said finally, leaning ahead a bit as though she were telling the dragon a secret. "It just- ack!" Legs and wings went everywhere and Jada shoved back against Valerian, trying to avoid them. Yet when the dragonet was settled again, she laughed, and the gold dragon made a satisfied rumble of her own.

Good things- pleasant things! Krypth pulled herself out of Valerian's lap and moved around, flomping her larger body down next to the blue and reaching out with one 'arm' to try and pull him into a sibling hug. She was very jealous of the fact Veeth was getting all the good attention! Krypth wanted Veeth's attention, now that Jada and Valerian were talking! (Jada would have to learn to share!)

"You have as many siblings as I do." Jada beamed and started to shift, to turn and face her friend. She'd known Val for turns, yet hadn't even known he had sisters? Why? Saphira and Seraphina... what were they like? Fiona was the same age as Saphira, Litir the same age as Seraphina, and Valerian's brother Zayra was a year younger than Cerisa. Fiona went to Southern Boll to learn weavercraft." Of course Val probably knew that, if Litir or Mother had shared that information.

It didn't slip past her that he referred to his family in present tense.

When had she stopped? Well, not stopped so to speak, but when had she accepted that she wasn't a part of that life anymore? Had she caved so quickly just because she had a dragon looking to her? This was... the ultimate chance to go home. When Krypth could fly... And who would think to stop them? Jada's breath caught and she trembled. Even if she didn't stay, even if she only got a brief look.

She could find out how her family was. Valerian could see if his father was retiring. All the Northerners who had lost something, and then found something more here in Katila, could go home and-

Just thinking this could get her in terrible trouble.

Valerian stretched out his legs around her and Jada shifted her weight to accommodate, to let him go past her. I don't think anyone else is coming. The crisp observation was more tired than disappointed, and the gold followed it up by opening her large mouth as wide as she could in a yawn. Does everyone have enough blankets?

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Veeth was one very happy dragonet. He was getting showered in affection from two beautiful ladies and he could feel through their bond that Valerian was enjoying himself as well. He knew his bonded was in need of this night out with friends! It was good seeing the humans talk about thing over than classes and relax. He gave a nuzzle of appreciation to Jada before wriggling closer to Krypth. He loved cuddles and the pretty gold was getting rather good at them.

When Jada shoved back against him, Valerian instinctively reached out to steady her with a hand resting on her waist. He wasn’t sure why he did it since they were sitting on the floor already so it wasn’t like his sometimes clumsy friend was going to send them toppling to the ground as she got out of the way of flailing dragonets. The hand was quickly removed and Valerian went about straightening his shirt though it wasn’t in need of the attention. Having his space invaded wasn’t near the top of the list of his favourite things and while he would sometimes do it to others knowing it bothered them just as much, he tried not to make a habit of it, especially with people he liked.

“Maybe some of our siblings have met and are friends or even lovers now,” Valerian wasn’t one to give voice to optimistic hopes or fantasies, though his poetic soul still managed to come up with them quite regularly. He wasn’t sure why he said that thought aloud or why it made him smile a little at the idea but he decided to chalk it up to the growing desire to make sure Jada was happy. They had found each other in an extremely unlikely place and became good friends, so why couldn’t any of their siblings do the same? Of course the most logical way for any of them to cross paths was to go to Harper Hall to seek answers for their missing brother or sister but Valerian hoped that thought didn’t register for Jada or she didn’t linger overly long on it.

“I think Litir mentioned that once. It sounds familiar.” It hadn’t been something important back then and didn’t directly affect him which meant Valerian didn’t pay it much heed. In truth, it didn’t affect him now either but he knew Jada was big on family and he had decided at some point over the months at Katila that learning about his friends and remembering little details like a sister entering weavercraft made a difference to them and was worth doing it.

I don’t mind a small gathering tonight and I will be fine for blankets, love, Veeth merrily piped up to Krypth’s sudden observation and question. Valerian eyed his dragon suspiciously. He was starting to toss that endearment around, few and far between, but it was still noticed every time. Who had he picked that up from and was it going to be a reoccurring thing when Veeth understood the sentiment normally associated with it? But that was nothing compared to what his little blue said immediately after, but Valerian will need his own blanket since he often ends up wrapped right up in it.

“I do not,” Valerian nearly raised his voice over that accusation and glared at the dragon he could feel smirking in great pleasure over teasing him. He knew Veeth would never betray his deep dark secrets or hurt him and it wasn’t like what he shared was all that horrible. In the end it really only showed he wasn’t used to sharing a bed and that he had his dragon curl up beside him at night more than he ever had a human since coming of age. Erisi would probably alternate between laughing and crying over such a sad sexual existence. “Besides, I’m more concerned about the lack of pillows. Now that is something I do like having my own of.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Krypth crooned to her Clutchmate as he wriggled closer to her, slipping close enough that she could reach him. Promptly she pulled him into a snuggle, one heavy golden limb draping over him lazily as her long green tongue snaked out to stroke over his head. That wasn't how baths were done! "Krypth!" Jada chided the gold dragonet gently, reaching out with a leg to prod at her. "You don't lick him! Pet him!"

Can't. Claws. He's very tender. Krypth was in no way alarmed by the fact that Valerian kept her clutzy Bonded from toppling all over with a well-placed hand. In fact, that was downright gentlemanly of him. whatever gentlemanly actually meant. She thought it was a fancy term for polite, but what was a gentleman? A gentle man? Valerian was gentle, and so was Veeth. Hmm! But Veeth wasn't a man, just a male. Gentlebluely would work for him, yes indeed. She'd coined a word! Krypth kept her self-satisfaction to herself.

"Litir always liked to travel. And I know if- I know he has always thought very fondly of you, as does Mother. I'm sure that they've met by now." If for no other reason that Litir had wanted to tell Valerian's family himself that his best friend had vanished right under his nose. Golden brown eyes blinked at Valerian's next words and she was incredibly pleased that her friend had cared enough for her family that he'd deigned to remember (maybe) such a detail. "Did you hear that, Krypth? Veeth doesn't mind a small group. And I don't either!"

They're the company. Krypth stressed the last word lightly, dismissively. Jada could almost imagine her Bonded saying, So they are the ones that matter. Hush. At Veeth's words, Krypth looked expectantly at Jada, nodding towards another blanket folded neatly next to them. Obviously, the dragonet had decided it was time to cuddle.

Veeth's words, however, were making Jada snicker a little too hard under her breath, while she desperately tried for a straight face. "i- I will m-make sure he has enough blankets." jada assured the blue as seriously as she could manage.

You can have Jada's pillow. She doesn't use it anyway. Jada would often roll off the sharded thing and flomp her head all over the floor. Silly girl. Krypth had quite the time trying to take care of her Bonded.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Veeth still seemed rather pleased with himself, this time for earning so much attention from their friends. Valerian barely contained an eye roll at his dragon and waved away Jada’s concern about the way Krypth showed her affection. “Larrikith licks him as well. I’ve taken it to be akin to our kisses.” If he had the ability to blush, Valerian may have had the courtesy to do so then as he realised how clumsy that sentence came off and could be misunderstood. He wasn’t about to go back and clarify he meant humans in general with their kissing and not specifically the two of them in the room since they both knew they had never shared anything more than a kiss of gratitude to a cheek. Thinking on it, perhaps that was the more appropriate association between dragon licks and kisses after all. However it wanted to be perceived, it got the point across.

“Litir and my family would get along quite well despite the women being far bubblier than me.” Jada would have liked them, Valerian decided but didn’t tell her that. What good would it serve either of them now? He hoped Litir brought his belongings and writings to his family so they would have something to remember him by. Perhaps the Master Harper had read some of his poems and had them put to music and they were favourites at gatherings in the North now. That thought left Valerian with a mixture of happiness and sadness. Most things he wrote were never to be seen by another but if they truly did spark such interest and emotion in the Master Harper and spread from Hold to Hold, how could he be disappointed or upset? If D’ren opened the North to the older riders once more, maybe he could ask B’jin to bring back word on the current songs just to satisfy his curiosity.

Thank you, Jada! Veeth crooned happily at knowing his bonded would be well looked after and gave her hand a quick lick. He did it in gratitude but also to lightly tease her as it seemed she didn’t understand the importance behind a flick of the tongue. Valerian smirked at him and reached around Jada to pat him on the head. So much affection! He was sure he would burst from it all soon but he wouldn’t complain!

“If Jada doesn’t need her pillow than I’ll make sure it has a good home under my head,” shifting once more, Valerian drew up his legs from around his fellow Harper and weyrling and wriggled over a bit so he was sitting beside Jada in the empty space where he felt he could stretch out and sleep. “It’s also not that funny,” he grumped and playfully swatted at the girl’s shoulder when he caught sight of her struggle to hold in a laugh.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jada wrinkled up her nose, scrunching her face in mild disgust at the sign of draconic affection. "It isn't grooming?" Of course not. That would just be silly. And make far too much sense. She and Krypth gave each other a mutual snort of disgust, and Krypth went right back to cleaning her brother's face. "He's clean, you know." she reminded the gold, who rumbled at her Bonded and flicked her tail.

"I can't imagine anyone more bubbly than you, Val." Jada gave her Harper companion her widest, most innocent eyes, batting dark lashes at him as he swatted her shoulder. She leaned over into the wet lick from Veeth, stroking her hand over the blue's face before finding a spot on his nose that didn't look as damp and pressing her lips to it. "You're so welcome darling. It's for my own self preservation too, you know. If Valerian's toes get cold, who knows where they'll go?"

Yours go under my wings. Krypth sounded mournful. She shifted, trying to help Valerian reach towards his bonded, and as he leaned around Jada, the Harper woman stuck her tongue out, aiming it at Valerian's nose. Veeth, look! She gets it!

Jada lost her control on her chortles then, bursting into full-blown sniggers and reaching for the pillow. Lifting it, she bopped her dragonet on the head with it. "I guess I can share the pillow." she assured her friend, shoulders sagging just a little, feeling weight ooze off them with her laughter. "And- it is that funny." Or she'd gone hysterical.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Veeth was having an amazing time. Krypth and Jada were amusing with the way they played off of each other and even Valerian seemed to be relaxed and enjoying himself. At the kiss he received, Veeth crooned his delight and passed it on to Krypth with a lick to her nose. There was no need to stand on formality with their little group and it was important to show that you cared. He was still training Valerian in that area. His human still held back on showing his emotions but Veeth couldn’t fully fault him for it. It made him mysterious and a lot of people seemed intrigued and wanted to find out what he was keeping tucked away for himself. The way he interacted with Jada and even Talian with sharing little details about his life was a good start though.

As excited as Veeth was, Valerian was almost the direct opposite. He hadn’t been expecting any sort of action by Jada so when a tongue flicked out and caught his nose, Valerian froze long enough for his eyes to widen and sat back quickly. Words were temporarily lost as his nose scrunched up before he rubbed the back of his hand over the attacked area. Perhaps he was acting like a child, afraid he got cooties from a girl; though Valerian couldn’t recall ever acting in such a way. He simply didn’t like people suddenly in his space. Then again, given Jada’s penchant for cheek-pinching, was a lick to his face with such a conversation going on all that surprising? “Even Jada can be a quick learner sometimes, Krypth.” Valerian smirked at the woman in question, having opted to retaliate with a gentle barb instead of anything physical.

That was to say, unless stealing the pillow counted as physical retaliation. While Jada broke down in laughter, Valerian grabbed the pillow the dragonet had graciously offered him, stuck out his tongue – though he kept it very much out of reach of anyone else – and flopped backwards, hands moving the pillow to land beneath his head just before meeting the floor. This was better, even if the pillow was of questionable comfort.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Krypth cooed at her clutchmate, rolling her big body around his smaller one and nuzzling him. In private, she was free to be openly affectionate with her favorite people, whereas in public she was already bitingly aware of her goals and station. Right now, however, no one was around- and Veeth would never tell! Would he? Valerian wouldn't, he didn't talk to anyone, and Jada was the keeper of all Krypth's secrets. So Veeth and Krypth cuddled, the larger dragon nearly vibrating with happy rumbles.

Jada went to pinch Valerian's cheek, face playfully pouty. "I always learn quickly." she lied, ignoring the fact everyone in the room knew better. She knew better than to think that Krypth would stand up for her, so she went for the weakest member of their group, reaching out to pat Veeth's head. She was down to mere snickering by the time the pillow was appropriated, and Jada started arranging blankets around everyone. No one to be going cold tonight! There was plenty of body heat to go around, with two dragons and two people.

She slipped down between Krypth and Valerian, watching as the gold dragon debated where she and Veeth should go. A gold nose pushed her Bonded's body in a little closer to Valerian, insistent. Where do you want to sleep, Veeth? She kept her mind-voice soft, as if she were whispering, and Jada grinned. Jada, stop finding it so funny. This is serious. It was one of Krypth's first sleepovers, and Jada was trying to make sleepy-time an occasion for mirth! Next time we will have to do it in Valerian and Veeth's room. They have windows with a lovely view of sunset. We can get started earlier, then, but we would miss the sunrise.

Jada nodded, starting to snuggle into the blankets and waiting for the dragons to pick locations. There would surely be shifting to be done once Veeth started to pick where he wanted to sleep.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

You wanted to sleep beside Valerian, right? I don’t mind! Jada seems very soft and good for snuggling so I’d like to curl up beside her if you don’t mind. Veeth kept his voice low as well, enjoying the idea of them whispering and looking like they were conspiring against their bonded. He liked to do that sometimes, speak only to a fellow dragonet without Valerian hearing a word and give his human innocent looks that made the man paranoid. No harm in gentle teasing! Valerian will steal blankets sometimes but he doesn’t move around all that much so he’s quite nice to sleep beside.

Valerian opted for his silent route, especially when he felt Jada moving closer to him. He laid on his back, staring at the ceiling and wondered what he had done to earn so much torment that night. Had it really been such a wise idea to leave the sanctuary of his room? Of course it was; what fun would it have been if they all sat there staring at each other? Despite Jada’s randomness, it had been fun and greatly needed. As he glanced over at his companions, Valerian suddenly wondered if that randomness was contagious or if he was finally starting to lose his mind when an idea struck.

He reached over Jada to pat Veeth on the head, “behave yourself and don’t pick up any habits Jada might have like sprawling everywhere or something equally annoying.” With the barest hint of a smile his green gaze fell on the goldrider in question, “you behave yourself as well.” The words were barely past his lips when Valerian bent in closer to lick Jada’s nose quickly before turning away. Instead of flopping onto his back once more, he turned onto his side, facing away from the girl he had just inflicted her own game upon. She didn’t need to see that it had left him a bit shocked at himself for doing such a thing.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Krypth crooned an assent to Veeth, shifting her body around so that she could snuggle against the male Harper, urging him to wriggle a little tighter as she had Jada. Only a month and two sevendays, she was still so small that sometimes Jada wondered how in Faranth's name the little dragonet could be so pushy and decisive. Nevertheless she was. Jada is a little shifty, but she is very soft in all the places. Not all the right places, no; All the places. Jada made a disgruntled noise, and Krypth raised her head above Valerian, looking placidly at Hers.

Jada lay very still as Valerian rose above her, stroking Veeth on the head goodnight. she shifted her fingers obligingly, not having realized she had already started stroking the soft hide again. "Hey!" she scowled up at him, the sulks perilously close to real this time. "You don't know what kind of bedpartner I am. I am sure this will come as a shock to you of little faith, but I can be quite pleasant to sleep next to, as Krypth has attested." Not that she thought Valerian would be trying her "pillows" tonight. Or, shards- any night. He was- nope, she was going to sleep. "And I always behave. Tell him, Kry-eee!"

His tongue darted across her nose, and Jada's brain froze. Oh, he learns quickly too! Krypth sounded delighted, and Jada was left to stare at Valerian's back, frozen as she watched Krypth snuggle into Valerian contentedly.

Taking a breath, she shifted a bit to wait for Veeth to come closer, using part of the pillow that had been left exposed for her own head.Luckily her hair had been braided, so her dark mess wouldn't sprawl all over the place. "Don't listen to Val and Krypth. I have the best sleeping habits."

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Veeth was enjoying all of the excitement around him. Even Valerian was having a little silly fun and that was a strange occurrence! He loved his human’s quiet ways but it wasn’t good to be like that all the time so when he loosened up and had fun, it made the little blue chirp his approval. He would have nuzzled with Valerian as well but everyone had already settled into their chosen sleeping locations which he didn’t want to ruin so he’d just have to remember to do it later on.

We’ll all find out tonight how everyone prefers to sleep. So I won’t pass judgement until then. He told Jada in soothing tones, not really worried about anyone getting upset but still making sure everyone was still happy with each other. He flicked his tongue quickly over her hand before resting his head beside Jada’s chest on the soft blanket. It was odd sleeping with new people but since it was Krypth and Jada, Veeth didn’t mind so much and shut his eyes.

Valerian wished he could easily accept the night’s arrangements like Veeth, shutting his eyes and drifting to sleep instantly. But it was a little hard to do when caught between the goldpair, one of which being a human woman he had licked. Boy, didn’t that sound interesting out of context. He would have smirked at the naughty twist of his mind but more attention drawn to him wasn’t something he craved right then. Instead, he forced himself to shut off his brain, at least in that area, and focused on one of G’rem’s boring lectures to lull him to sleep.

“Good night, everyone,” he spoke softly, as if hesitant to speak at all or say such nice things but it seemed right. After a pause Valerian figured he might as well go all the way and added in an even quieter voice, “sweet dreams.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)