World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

The usual morning Line up.. [Jada]

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymlseia had dragged herself out of bed. The North and southern times were reversed, but she could tell. Spring had arrived. This particular da wasn't soaking wet, but she'd felt the past few months of Katila's spring time had given her more than a tast for it. She grabbed her meager brathing matterials, sweet and scrubbing sand a good clean towel. She breathed, the past few days had been exushting,  the  manadate of baby production had kept her busy- sort of.  she had nnearly collasped from work when she'd gotten back to her bed. And this morning in the grey dawn. Lymsleia the midwife dragged herself towards the bathingrooms.

She wasn't dirty- no, she'd cleared up the day prior, but a good hot bath one ones day off- was priceless. A time to reflect and get all pruney.  She grinned to herself, Talien's demonour had changed she relfected as she slid into the water. He was.. darker in mood and tone and it ate her. What'd happened to that boy she's been intruiged by? Gone,

Val, Ersi.. who else had impressed that day? Too many to name, Jada includded. The girl who'd been kind to her on the sands. The girl who'd gotten, the future of their world. She chose to believe that maybe that could make all the difference.  She twisted a strand of black hair as she sank beneath the water to wash the  soaproot, and sweet sand from her hair. She'd left a note on the door:

- 1 occupant, fee lfree to join.-

But the bath house seemed to quiet. Who was she going to share her birthday with now? She still hadn't found her blue rider-father... and that ate into her more now that ever.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
By now, Jada was so used to getting up whenever Krypth did, that she was surprised to find that she had actually gotten up before her. Swinging long legs over the edge of the bed, she ran fingers through rumpled hair until she reached the root of her sleeping braid and could go no further. It was a little earlier than usual for the Harper, but she was alert, blood pumping fast as though she were waiting for something. How strange... In her little stone bed, Krypth shifted, one leg kicking out as rhythmically as if she were running, her wings twitching in time with the movement of her legs. The Gold had jumped into Weyrling practice with great intensity. Wing practice every day, and oiling, and then she would 'hunt' Jada all through the Weyr- and then more oiling. And mud! Oh, the mud. (It had been heartbreaking when Jada had been reminded that the rainy season still hadn't truly begun.)

As Jada's life-mate made a snorting sound and rolled onto her back, all four legs now jutting proudly into the air, Jada reached over and grabbed a few items. Should she wake the dragonet before she left? Would Krypth panic if she woke to find Jada missing for the first time ever? She would be able to get out of the room if Jada shut the door behind her, and some time to herself would be more than valuable. Jada could only imagine that this was what being a mother would feel like, with the exception of oiling being interchanged for diapers. Pulling off her sleeping top, she pulled a loose tunic on over her head, then swapped out her comfortable sleeping pants for a pair that would be worn for the rest of the day. She didn't bother to fix her hair- she'd be washing it in a bit, and who would really be in a position to judge in the predawn light? "I'll be back soon." she told the room, and watched Krypth's leg bounce. Taking that as a reply, Jada slipped out the door and down the hall.

A long soak would be lovely, but improbable. It would likely not take long for the weyrling dragon to wake, and then Hide and Seek would be a role reversal. How long would it take the dragon to get irritated with Jada's version of the game? Would she remember it and possibly stop her own mischievousness? Probably not long, and probably not, but at least Jada would get more of a soak than if Krypth were in the room with her, as she often insisted on, talking and chattering and being bossy.

Stumbling out the door into the faint grey light, Jada glanced around and headed for the Bathing Hall, swinging her towel. Not too many were up and about, but Jada nodded acknowledgment to those the passed, giving them a smile. It was still strange to have everyone know her, but she was learning. Krypth was usually there to remind her of who dragons and their riders with an unerring accuracy, so it was the other people that Jada herself tried to keep track of. With 200-odd people in the Weyr it wasn't that hard, but there was a pressure to it now that Krypth kept pushing her. Mediocrity was a habit that the dragonet had elected to break her of.

A few rooms in the hall were full to capacity, at least according to the signs on the door. Jada didn't bother to check inside this early in the morning. Did she want to be alone? No, not particularly. And then she found her way to a sign that said, - 1 occupant, fee lfree to join -. Jada knocked briefly first, to alert the occupant that she would be opening the door, and peeked in.

Was the occupant male? She didn't think so- good. Jada stepped into the room and smiled at the familiar face. Candidate classes, healer hall, a distinctive look about her. Someone she knew, even if not all that well, was always preferable to the awkwardness that came when you were alone with a total stranger. "Good morning," she murmured lamely. What else did one say? Setting her cloth down, she pulled out her items and started to unbraid her hair.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
(16.Jun.12, 12:29 PM)Jada link Wrote: Was the occupant male? She didn't think so- good. Jada stepped into the room and smiled at the familiar face. Candidate classes, healer hall, a distinctive look about her. Someone she knew, even if not all that well, was always preferable to the awkwardness that came when you were alone with a total stranger. "Good morning," she murmured lamely. What else did one say? Setting her cloth down, she pulled out her items and started to unbraid her hair.

The good morning caught Lymsleia momentarily off guard. "Morning, Lady Jada." she responsed warmly. with a light wave of her hand. Lymsleia thought abotu the woman who'd been kind to her on the sands. The woman who'd impressed the future of the planet-- of the entire dragon race. "Mother to dragons-- I suppose might be a more fitting title, when Lady Krypth is older.." she mused politely. For a long moment Lymsleia let shifted resteless. "Umm forgive me, I shouldn't be talking about such weighty matters. I'm Lymsleia." she said changing the topic something much more light hearted.

"You want some help washing your hair?" she asked warmly, she ran a hand through er own dark black mess of hair, long as it was it was always welcome to have someone wash it.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jada paused at the 'Lady' and blinked at Lymsleia. "I'm just Jada." she said at last with a smile, and took a seat near the water, pulling the braid out of the last of her hair, shaking it free. "And we're looking at some time before Krypth is mother to anything." her laugh was a little uneasy. The dragon was only 5 months old, and there was so much weight being put on her golden shoulders. The dragonet was becoming quite spoiled by all the attention, which Jada was sure helped counterbalance the expectations. Mother of dragons. Oi.

It was a weighty topic, so Jada let the Healer woman back away from the topic gracefully. It was one of those things that required a lot of thinking, the time for which Jada rarely had. And she would prefer not to spend her free time worrying and being anxious. "I remember you." she said faintly, thinking. "One of the other Candidates, and I saw you at Healer Hall before. You tried to help some of the people on the Sands that day. It was very brave of you." She had seen the girl's attempt to help Farlint on the Sands. And having been distracted by Indivara, she was grateful. far was a nice guy, and didn't deserve what he was going through.

As the dark-skinned woman offered to wash her hair, Jada paused, tempted. She did like having other people play with her hair, it took her back to younger days. "Sure," she said at last, and tugged on her own dark curls. "We can switch off if you like. I know long hair is hard to keep in good condition."

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
SORRY!!!
"Well , 'just Jada'" Lymsleia said softly, humoring the goldrider with  bright smile, 'you're in luck.." she splashed a little bit of water of at the goldrider.  Time to get rid of some tension.  Lymlseia  undid her own hair, and followed the young rider's example. Hair loose and free, inhibitions-- in check. As Jada mentioned Farlint,  Lymsleia inhalled deeply. "I  ahh... its what I am trained to do, Jada. To stand there and have done nothing.. would have been more a crime. I wonder if it'd have been a crime to stop a dragon from mauling someone though.." She blinked when Jada reminded her of the offer of hair washing. "It is." she admitd politely. "It's one of those things that when I wash it, it takes an good few candlemarks to dry, even with towels."

Sinking down into the water Lymsleia blew a few bubbles. "Jada, do you think thread is gonna fall? I mean.. sooner rather than later?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh, good!" Jada grinned at the dark-skinned woman wryly. "I am in desperate need of a little luck. I will take it gladly!" Was there any better gift than good tidings, of one sort or another? Probably not. yesterday had been a long day, so Jada was a little relieved to have something to look forward to.

Was it a crime to stop a dragonet from harming a human? Jada doubted it, but who could say for sure. It probably wasn't very smart, unless one had backup. "It is still a brave action." she declared finally. "He hasn't gotten much nicer either," she mused.

Back to hair! Jada blinked and kept in stride with the conversation- brave people and the saving of lives in one breath, then common tasks in the next. Healers had such varied conversations- she was certainly never bored when talking with one! "I can quite commiserate with the tribulations of long hair." She rolled her eyes, grinning wryly. "I keep planning to chop it off, what with Krypth being so needy. I just haven't gotten to it. Every time I try she sidetracks me. I don't force the issue."

The future goldrider joined her companion in the bath, sinking into the hot water with a hiss. Bruises and sore muscles, and they had barely gotten started with more physical work. It was probably a good thing Jada hadn't gotten a fighter. She would ache forever. "Thread." Not something she liked to think about. The stories were terrible. "Someday we may have to face it again. I dread it. The carnage..." It had been a swathe of destruction... The dragons ancestral enemy. "We will have warning. The Red Star."

Typed this on my phone at work. Please forgive any issues.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia let the conversation bouncee and move freely. She hated staying still she hated stagnation and it was a good thing to move, to be alive. To not be bound by convention. "Well luck, you shall have ,Jada." she announced. "It was nice action, but I am worried about Farlint, I should spend some time with him." she spoke sadly though fondly. "I mean I saw him a few times but .. I guess I should spend some more.. Do you think all hatchings are that.. bloody?"

As Jada returned to the hair she smirked. "We could cut it now, you have some time and a good knife..." she gestures towards her clothing... "Is in reach and your dragon isn't here to distract you." As the conversation moved onto thread she  bit her lip. "The stories are one thing, the actual.. things  are another. Yes the Red star will be warning, but we're a small group. Katila can't defend all of Pern. What if we lost... a lot of peoples. Holds and the like? I mean just gone off the map."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I haven't really seen him." Jada mused. "He was in the Hall for a lot longer than Indivara. One of the other weyrlings told me that they'd heard he'd almost lost his leg! Tey told me Hoth had knocked it terribly." Surely the other girl had just been trying to frighten her though... or make her grateful that she had gotten off so lucky! Jada glanced down at her scarred forearms, the angry lines still red-tinged. "They say not all of them are so bloody. I hope not. Rare as a Hatching is, if every one were a bloodbath I should say it would not have been  remembered as a beautiful experience by the Harpers for so long." But ahh, beautiful it had been. She could still remember that first moment of looking into her Bonded's eyes.

"Cut it now?" Amber eyes glanced towards Lymsleia's garments, much more neatly clumped than Jada's own scattered cloth. She swallowed, eyes darting around to look at the pool of dark curls floating around her in the steaming water. When wet, they fell to a little past her hips, even the shorter parts coming to mid-back. It was simply... too much! The Harper bit her lip, considering. Now that she was faced with it... did she want to do it? Her hair was simply such a art of her, and she did so enjoy getting Valerian to help her braid it... But his generosity wouldn't last forever, and it... She nodded, shortly, eyes wide. "Maybe cut it all to mid back? Or my shoulder blades? N-Not to my shoulders, though, that might be too short?" Her words were a question, not a comment.

Thread. Thread was strangely... easier to talk about than cutting her hair. "We're a small group, you're right. Hopefully the Holds and Halls will remember the Harper's teachings, and gather themselves where they can be safe. Maybe they'll even make our jobs easier by congregating in a smaller, more defensible area? But shards, Lymsleia, if we're not revealing ourselves, they won't even know to try and make our jobs easier."

Our jobs. Hah!

Krypth would never flame. It was believed that it would make Golds infertile. She knew her dragon well enough by now to know that Krypth would not take being told she could not do something with any semblance of grace. Krypth and Nirinath would likely just remain somewhere, protected from their deadly enemy. Who knew?

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)