World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.01.25 | Clean Routine
9pm | M'quel

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
N’lis sat leaning back against his dragon out on Dalsuth’s ledge. The sun had long since set and it was chilly that evening but he didn’t mind. It was nice and needed after working so hard all day. A few months ago his weyrling class started to prepare their personal weyrs but they were on levels that weren’t open yet so it had required a lot of work. Given how shy he was over his scars despite the work Zelana and M’quel had done to make him appreciate himself a bit more, N’lis still didn’t want to have to spend his life in the common baths, skulking about and hoping they would be empty. He also didn’t want to rely on his relationship with R’nya to get him what he wanted so N’lis had approached his Weyrlingmaster with the offer to continue working on cleaning up the two levels being opened up if he could get a weyr with its own private bath. Somehow, it worked and N’lis spent a lot of his free time scrubbing empty weyrs or dragging old items out but it was worth it.

Speaking of baths, he was in need of one but the allure of sitting on the ledge of his own weyr after a couple of months of living there was still too strong. His own home! It was the first time since he was young and they left the family farm that he’d had his own space. His own bedroom. It was weird but he was growing to like it with each passing day. No little sister in a bed next to his. No roommate in a tiny room. Not in a room full of classmates and their dragons. Just him—and sometimes Dalsuth’s nose poking its way in far enough to check on him.

He didn’t even mind the location since it was his home and he worked to get what he needed to maintain a happy life. In order to get a room with a private bathing area that also wasn’t too large or clearly meant for a family, N’lis had agreed to what many would have turned their noses up at. He was on the higher of the two levels recently opened and there was only a weyr intentionally left abandoned between him and the landslide that he’d been told had always been there. That meant he was also above the lake. Sure, he was higher up but noise did travel up and bounced around. So if a group went swimming or dragons started splashing around—or worse, a young class of weyrlings were yelling and splashing—he’d likely hear them. But none of it mattered to N’lis.

I like it as well. I miss being close to everyone all the time but I see the appeal of our own home as well. N’lis patted his dragon’s foot nearest to him and smiled, staring up at the stars.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
“Knock knock!” M’quel said, rather pointlessly, but with a wide grin as her dragon landed on the edge of the weyr, and she slid down Zezeth’s side, still grinning as she spotted her friend leaning against his own dragon. “I finally escaped the med-bay.” She said, and held up her left hand. “I even stole some wine from R’nya. Rhaedalyn said he didn’t need it, and I wanted to bring something to celebrate you moving into your own weyr. Apparently wine is the drink of the moment.” She shrugged, and set the bottle down by Dalsuth’s paw.

“I’m sorry it’s taken so long to get to come and see you,” M’quel said, quite sincerely, eyebrows drawn together as she waited for a moment to make sure N’lis wasn’t upset with her, before sitting down beside him and wrapping her arms around one of his. “I’ve missed you!” She said, pressing a kiss to his cheek and still cuddling his arm. “How are classes going? Dalsuth looks really healthy! He’s getting so big! Your hide is so gorgeous, Dalsuth. I love that you still have the gold on your belly. Its so unique! You look so bright compared to Zee.”

Zezeth gave a soft snort, but didn’t comment or reply to M‘quel’s statement, instead curling herself up on the other side of the humans; she wasn’t really one for being cuddly and preferred to keep her personal space. That wasn’t to say she wasn’t friendly; she had given Dalsuth a warm greeting of nose-to-nose when they arrived, but she didn’t speak much at the best of times, so there was very little in the way of conversation from the young green dragon.

M'quel leaned across N’lis and picked up the bottle of wine. Leaning against her boyfriend, she popped the bottle open and took a sip of the red liquid. She grimaced; M’quel had never been overly fond of wine, but it wasn’t bad – she wasn’t sure that R’nya would keep bad wine! She took another swallow, and then offered the bottle to N’lis.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis lit up when he saw Zezeth approach the ledge and continued smiling as M’quel made her way over to him. It faltered slightly as his brows pulled into confusion over her apology. “I’ve missed you, too,” he finally found his voice after his ray of sunshine kissed his cheek and settled in. M’quel had a way of making his day brighter, even those lower days that coupled a migraine with the feeling of not belonging anywhere.

“Please don’t apologise either. We’ve both been busy lately. In fact, I only recently got home and haven’t made it through the bath yet so you might not want to sit too closely,” he chuckled, though N’lis was a bit worried about getting M’quel dirty. He was likely covered in dirt, dust, and who knew what else that he didn’t want to think about. He was enjoying the job thanks to the satisfaction of being useful for a change but it was kind of gross.

Dalsuth puffed up as much as he could with the way he was lying down so he didn’t disturb N’lis but he was pleased with the compliments all the same and tried to show a bit more of his belly. He knew he and his clutch mates were unique with their extra little splash of colour and he loved it. N’lis wasn’t a fan of the extra attention but since Dalsuth was and handled any sort of comments, he was growing used to it. “I think he’s plateauing now and shouldn’t grow anymore. I hope, anyway! That’s a lot of hide to look after.” His arms didn’t hurt quite as much when it was time to bathe or oil Dalsuth but it did still take time to do. He also secretly thanked his dragon on occasion for helping him get into shape. His arms were nicely defined and N’lis didn’t feel quite like a wet noodle anymore.

“Classes are winding down. Just review mostly to make sure we can survive without constant supervision,” he was going to miss the routine of classes but he was excited for his graduation and whatever may follow. He wasn’t one for planning too far ahead and his only plan was to just go with it day by day and find his place in the Weyr. Currently, he liked his place beside M’quel and smiled again as he accepted the bottle of wine.

He saw the way she had grimaced and was preparing for a bad bottle but found it to be rather pleasant. “I spent a lot of years living in a tavern remember,” N’lis pointed out with a laugh as he took another drink. He wasn’t a heavy drinker—really only had it at celebrations or a fancy dinner—but he could handle wine. The taste of it at least. He never had more than a glass so he wasn’t sure about his tolerance but he enjoyed what he did drink.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

“Neither have I,” M’quel said in amusement, looking down at herself. “I should have bathed before coming up, but I didn’t want anyone to side-track me!” M’quel knew she could be covered in all sorts of icky substances, from numbweed to blood and everything in between. Then there was the stink of a hard day’s work, and she frowned slightly as she worried in turn about getting N’lis dirty. But since he was dirty too, she decided not to worry about it. Maybe she’d even be able to wrangle him into the baths, and M’quel snuck a look at N’lis out of the corner of her eye, from under her lashes.

For all the fun and instruction D’hys had helped her with, seduction wasn’t something they’d worked on. It wasn’t something that had come up in conversation, and it wasn’t something that had actually occurred to M’quel until then, as she took the bottle back from her friend and took another mouthful of the liquid, laughing softly at his comment. “Before, Rhaedalyn and I would have watered down wine sometimes after the girls had gone to bed, but I don’t have time to drink, honestly.” Besides, who wanted to be seen by a drunk healer?

M'quel took another swig of wine, and set the bottle down, linking her hand with N’lis’, twining their fingers together and resting her head on his shoulder. “So,” she said softly, before deciding to be more direct. She lifted her head from N’lis’ shoulder and turned to face him, setting their clasped hands in her lap. “Are you going to kiss me, now?” Her voice was just low enough to not come across as too demanding, and she blushed lightly, but found and held N’lis’ eye. He wasn’t under restriction anymore! He didn’t have any good reason not to, and if he did well. She’d… she’d... She didn’t know what she’d do.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis smiled as their hands met and fingers twined together. They still hadn’t had their official first date due to varying circumstances but he was starting to think that it didn’t matter. They spent time alone together and did things like hold hands with M’quel resting her head on his shoulder. That probably counted for something. So what if it wasn’t the picnic lunch or something utterly romantic that he would have asked Rhaedalyn to help him plan? Sharing wine on his ledge was close enough to that ideal moment.

He would have stayed like that until one of them got cold or M’quel decided she needed to rest and headed to her own weyr except a question caught him off guard. Oh. Right. Kissing. Maybe that’s why he hadn’t thought of their times together as a proper date. He’d been too afraid to try such a thing, mostly because Dalsuth was young but he was an accepting dragon and nearly a year old. Don’t use me as the excuse for your fears. You know she likes you and I have no real objections to what you do with your mouth. N’lis hated when he was called out so easily but didn’t argue. He had still been afraid that M’quel would reject him and wasn’t that into him so he had been content to hold hands. Maybe he would have stayed at that level forever if she hadn’t said anything. Zelana had to give him a solid shove into action as well.

And it was rude to think of someone else when his girlfriend was clearly into the idea of kissing. “I guess I should, huh?” A small and shy smile tugged at his mouth as N’lis leaned in and placed a soft kiss to M’quel’s lips. He then sat back enough to check her expression once more, in case there was any doubt or disgust and smiled again when he didn’t see either. Encouraged, he went back for another taste, this time lingering and putting his very limited practice to use.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

M’quel’s expression eased into a bright smile when N’lis finally responded, his small and shy smile causing her own to bloom broadly as she waited, lips still stretched into her wide smile when he pressed his own to them. It was so brief M’quel barely had time to recognise that it had happened before he was pulling away. Her smile faltered slightly, a little disappointed in such a brief and innocent kiss, before he was pack again and when he deepened it, M’quel released his hand to wrap her arms around his neck, pouring herself into his lap, wrapping her legs around his waist so she was all wound up around him.

Unlike D’hys, M’quel didn’t think N’lis would be strong enough to stand up and take her with him; she wasn’t particularly chunky but she was muscular and while he was tall, he was lithe, but he might surprise her! Not that M’quel was thinking about D’hys, as she deepened the kiss and nipped at his bottom lip, sliding her tongue gently between his lips to explore. She could feel his arousal grow under her, and it thrilled her; M’quel ground down against him, hardly subtle, and gasped into his mouth. The kiss broke, and she buried her head against his neck, gently biting as she rolled her hips again, moaning softly.

She hadn’t had sex in, well, a few days. But since that door had been opened to her, M’quel had been thirsty for more. She loved learning, loved the sensations, and loved the blissful sated feeling that came after it. She wanted to experience it with someone she adored, and she adored N’lis. He was a wonderful friend, and a fun kisser, and she was sure her shy boyfriend would be fun to have sex with, too, even if she was sure she’d have to work a little to get him to relax and enjoy himself instead of overthinking it like D’hys had taught her. She almost giggled at the idea of getting D’hys to give N’lis some lessons, but she knew it wasn’t quite the same thing.

Sitting back a little, and being sure to roll her hips helpfully in the process, M’quel shifted her hazy gaze to meet N’lis’, taking in his expression as she smiled slightly, deciding to be frank again because he appeared to respond better to that than her gentle and hopeful prompting. “I want to have sex with you,” she said softly, her lips against N’lis’ so the words were breathed against his mouth. Hopefully he wouldn’t throw her off his lap! He seemed to be enjoying the kissing, she could feel that, and sex was clearly the next logical step!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Kissing, N’lis firmly decided, was great! He had enjoyed it with Zelly, though it was weird at first being so up close and very personal with someone else but she had been patient with him and a good teacher. Eventually he relaxed enough to think that maybe kissing him wasn’t a chore and Zelly had enjoyed herself as well. But kissing M’quel, someone he’d had a crush on for years, was on a whole other level. And the way she climbed into his lap with such ease? It was starting to melt his brain a little and turn him on—something he knew she knew with the way she moved against him.

He would have been happy with just kissing that night, thinking that they’d had such a slow start to their relationship that it would continue that way. N’lis liked that idea, as much as his body was currently aching for more. He wanted to savour his time with M’quel and make sure (again) that she wasn’t with him out of pity and that she was enjoying herself. But when they finally broke apart and M’quel beat him to saying something, all of that was pushed off the ledge.

“I… uh... now?” he really was great with words, a part of his still functioning mind pointed out as he floundered to keep up with his girlfriend that knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to say it. That was something he liked about M’quel. She was the sweetest person he’d ever met but she could still speak up when needed and wasn’t a pushover, despite what people thought because of her kindness. Apparently they didn’t need more time to make sure he wasn’t a pity-case and was actually desired and N’lis gave a shy smile.

“Me too. With you, I mean. Not sex with me, that’d be mastur—um. Please?” It had been a year since he’d been with Zelly and she was much more of a force to be reckoned with so N’lis had let her take the lead. That meant while he had some experience with sex, he didn’t really know how to go about getting them to that point. Did he just start undressing her where they sat? The idea had some appeal to it, especially given how much he liked M’quel straddling him, but wouldn’t a bed be more appropriate and comfortable? Not to mention private. They were higher up but there would likely still be a peeping T’hom somewhere.

N’lis cleared his throat and tried for less desperate and more confident as he reaffirmed, “I want to have sex with you as well, Madi.” He took another deep breath as his hands tugged at M’quel’s shirt just enough that they could slide under the material and gently rest on smooth bare skin as he didn’t want to be too bold and wander further or remove clothing. “Here if you want but my bed isn’t too far,” he cracked a small smile, trying to cling onto the confidence and infuse a little humour.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

M’quel laughed softly against N’lis’ lips as he gaped at her, pressing hot little kisses against the side of his neck, nipping occasionally, and letting him process the idea. He hadn’t thrown her off his lap, which was an excellent start, and she’d known N’lis for a long time, long enough to know he was shy and awkward and she adored that about him. It made him sweet, and not at all like a lot of the other Weyrfolk who thought they were the Faranth given gift to men and women both. Some of them, like D'hys, were right. But that wasn’t the point.

Another peal of laughter tumbled free from M’quel as N’lis stumbled over his words, and she giggled freely at his cut off statement about masturbation. She’d done a lot of that, too. D’hys had fine tuned her abilities to please herself when she couldn’t be with someone who would do it for her. She turned a mischievous smile on her boyfriend. “You can masturbate if you want,” she teased gently, going back to nibbling on his neck, and pressing her cheek against his as she whispered in his ear, “so long as I can watch…” She could feel his face heat up, and it caused her to giggle again.

M'quel breathed softly against N’lis as his hands slid up under her shirt, and she nipped lightly at his earlobe; his hands felt both cool and hot against her skin, and she wanted to feel more of it, everywhere. She dipped her hands down the back of N’lis’ shirt, from the collar, and spread her fingers so she could feel as much of his shoulder blades as possible. It was a little awkward, but it wasn’t really on her mind as she gave a playful pout. “Ledges are great for dragons but maybe your bed would be better.” She paused for a moment, remembering how grimy she felt and she knew N’lis had mentioned wanting to bathe, too. “Or a bath.” She hadn’t been in her friends weyr yet, and didn’t know it had its own bath. “They’re close, yeah?”

As she spoke, M’quel carefully extracted herself from N’lis’ lap, not liking the distance between them, and extended a hand to help him to his feet, wrapping her arms around his waist once he was standing, and shifting onto her toes to kiss him again, enjoying the way he tasted and the feel of his lips, nipping and teasing at them before she let the kiss finish, so he could make a decision about where they would go to next; she was happy to wait while he collected himself, smiling excitedly up at him. She’d waited so long for this, and was immensely pleased with herself for the current progress, and promise of what was to come.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis was certain his face was burning hotter than the sun in that moment. He’d been walked in on once when he was masturbating foolishly in the public baths but that had horrified him and left him afraid to even think about such an act for the longest time. However, he couldn't deny that over time the memory spawned a fantasy of M’quel catching him instead and where that would lead. That had helped get him through the last few months of weyrlinghood since he’d been too afraid to even kiss his girlfriend let alone involve any sort of sex.

“Sometimes I don’t think you’re real,” he gasped as she nibbled his neck again. That was definitely an arousal point for him and he had no doubt M’quel had already figured that out. “You’re beautiful and kind and… and you just gave voice to a fantasy I have regularly.” His face was still on fire and his confidence was wavering a bit as his voice lowered but he had managed to get the confession out and he was still alive and M’quel wasn’t laughing at him for having it. So that was something!

He was definitely ready to take up the offer to relocate to his bed when M’quel mentioned a bath and N’lis frowned. Right, he had forgotten they were both dirty from their day’s work and that probably wasn’t the sexiest of invitations, no matter how close they already were. “I have my own bath. It’s small but we can take turns if we can’t share.” The first time M’quel had joined him in the bath had been a shock but he warmed up to it over time and came to enjoy it since they were alone and, he realised now, like dates. Really, why had he been so focused on a date when he’d been having them for so long?

“I’ll give you a tour on the way in, if you like,” not that his weyr was large and they had to enter the main room to reach the bedroom and bathing area anyway, but it was only polite to ask and it helped him collect his thoughts a bit more since that was normal and not nearly as sexy. Although the kisses she kept giving him made it difficult.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

“Really?” Her voice was husky with lust, and while she spoke the word as a question, it wasn’t really one. She beamed at N’lis with pride at his revelation, and wrapped her arms around his neck again, pressing her mouth eagerly to his in a playful reward for his words. “Fantasies are for fulfilling.” She told him serenely, lowering herself back down from her toes. She was used to reaching for kisses, since D’hys was several inches taller than the younger bluerider, but aside from that they were as different as night to day. M’quel let her hands slide down from around N’lis’ neck, gliding over his chest and stopping at his waist.

“I want to share,” M’quel said with a slight pout, as if that would change the size of the tub in N’lis’ weyr. To be fair, he was prone to under exaggerating things, so she had a feeling that ‘small’ would still be big enough for both of them. The people who had originally created the Weyrs had been generous with their creations, and M’quel was sure even a small bath in a small weyr would have to be more than serviceable. Otherwise, what was the point?

The invitation for a tour was met with a short shake of her head, and she smiled wryly. “Later.” After they were done ruining all the good a bath would do them, after they’d spent hours (and hours!) soiling his bedding with sweat and sex. She took his hand, twining their fingers again and smiled up at him brightly, waiting for him to lead the way to their shared pleasures, eyes sparkling with lust and delight.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)