World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.08.25 | Red Star Gazing
7PM | Open

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B’jin leaned backwards, putting his weight on his hands as he stared up at the sky, specifically the Red Star, and puffed out a breath to himself, eyes narrowing at the Star. It was getting closer, much closer than he would like and yet the Weyrs were still so unprepared for when the Thread would come. There weren’t even wings set up in any that he was aware of, and then there were all those people who believed the Red Star was just a star, that Thread was long gone and would never be back. B’jin felt differently, and that made him anxious.

Pulling his legs up from where they’d been dangling over the edge of the weyr, B’jin crossed them as he eyed the Star once more. Beside him, a stack of parchment and rolls were spread out, all of them related in some way to the Red Star and Threadfall. He’d taken to studying up on the Star since being told he was all but recovered. He’d never speak again, and that took a huge toll on B’jin. He loved to talk, loved to sing, and found his voicelessness to be incredibly irritating. Larrikith would occasionally play the role of communicator, but the green dragon had gotten bored of that very fast.

So, besides his rolls and parchment piles, B’jin also had a piece of parchment he could wipe clean stowed nearby with a stick of charcoal. His handwritten messages left a lot to be desired as far as neatness went – he’d gotten sick of being perfectionist about his writing very quickly – but they got the message across when Larrikith refused and general sign language didn’t cover more in-depth messages.

Aren’t you sick of staring at that Star? Larrikith asked blandly, from where she was curled up in her space she shared with Ayyonth. It’s getting brighter. Thread is coming back. It’s just a matter of time, Love. Which you have in piles now you’ve finished sulking Not exactly a lot of jobs available when you can’t talk, now is there? We could still teach Weyrlings, you know. B’jin sighed and reached over to pick up a blank piece of parchment and a quill. Only until you get sick of playing messenger.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn was antsy. They had finally got the twins down for the night and it would have been the perfect time to relax with his mate but they currently had custody of Yfris and T’ryn encouraged Cazan to go be with her husband. He had needed to get rid of the energy that had him so wired up and mentioned a walk and perhaps visiting his dad while also promising he wasn’t going near Ista. Cazan was still fine with his side lover but he’d been trying his best not to go to Ista and tango with certain people.

The walk had calmed him but a visit with R’nd and B’jin still sounded nice and T’ryn wanted to get some advice. So his feet brought him to the door that he knocked at and received no answer. Frowning, he started to turn away but Syrendryth’s voice stopped him, relaying that he could see B’jin on the ledge from where he sat outside the Hatching Ground, protecting Bedith from any and all threats.

Feeling like he wouldn’t be intruding or end up in trouble for wandering in, T’ryn let himself in, calling out a greeting to alert everyone to his arrival as he made his way to the ledge. “Hi, B’jin. Dad’s not around?” T’ryn smiled at the greenrider but his gaze swept over the space, noting the lack of the bluerider. He hadn’t seen or heard him inside either so R’nd was likely off socializing. That was fine. B’jin was good company and it wouldn’t be as weird to ask some of his questions with one of happy pair missing.

T’ryn sat down in an area that wasn’t covered in papers and glanced at the nearest one. He was a bit shocked to see it mentioning the Red Star and turned his focus on others, finding much the same thing. B’jin was a Harper but T’ryn always thought he was more akin to the frivolous ones that didn’t necessarily believe what they preached but it seemed that perhaps he was wrong. He studied the greenrider for a moment and then looked up at the sky to where he knew the Red Star would be waiting. R’dal had been saying for years that it was coming. T’ryn believed that it would come again but it wasn’t until recently that he noted that it did seem closer than the first time R’dal had pointed it out.

“I didn’t take you as a believer if I’m being honest,” T’ryn gave the confession with a slight shrug as it admitted his view on B’jin maybe wasn’t the highest. He adored the man and did think highly of him overall but it was such a serious topic and B’jin was not the most serious of men. “I don’t know what the delay is with getting the wings set up so we can start practicing and preparing. I mean, before the attacks started or even now since they seemed to have stopped. And I’m feeling fine before you ask.” T’ryn gave a small smile and even held up his hands to show they were steady. He couldn’t show off that he was headache free but he figured the lack of wincing and the fact that he was out and about was solid enough proof.

“I actually have some wings made up. I like building them in my free time but I don’t know if Weyrleader S’far would be interested or think they were that good. Weyrleader M’ris only used mine because it was an emergency with the fires and nothing else was made up.” Despite the horrible circumstances, it had been pretty cool to have something he worked on be used and to see it in motion.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin’s attention was drawn away from the star he was studying at the called out greeting, and he turned to look in the direction from which T’ryn would come, offering the young bronzerider a small smile and a shake of his head to indicate that R’nd was indeed not to be found nearby. His bluerider was off doing whatever he fancied at that moment, but B’jin was sure he’d be home with stories to tell when he did appear.

T’ryn’s admission was met with a one shoulder shrug, and a shake of his head. B’jin had always believed in the Red Star, to the point where he was among those who had been beaten for such a belief. Thread would fall again, B’jin had no doubt about it, and the increasingly bright Star proved it, as far as he was concerned. Leaning over slightly, B’jin picked up one of the sheets of parchment and handed it to T’ryn; it was a draft of Telgar’s current riders, shuffled into wings that made sense to the greenrider; he had helped when D’ren was organising the wings, many many turns ago, back at Katila. He had a feeling the bronzerider had only been placating him, though.

Picking up his piece of parchment and charcoal stick, B’jin set about scribbling a message; You should ask. We need wings again. Especially after all the attacks. The signs are there for threadfall. There are bigger clutches, and we used to have a surplus of golds, too. B’jin shoved the message towards T’ryn so he could read it, and rubbed absently at his neck with his free hand; he was wearing one of the fancy scarves he’d been gifted by R’nd’s sister; it was delicate and gauzy material that was designed to be pretty, not functional. B’jin loved the collection he’d been given, though he wished deeply that they had never been needed.

Taking the piece of parchment back, B’jin used his sleeve to wipe it clean so he could write on it again, irritated – not for the first time – about how he couldn’t write nearly as fast as his thoughts processed. It was incredibly annoying, and had him scowling at the parchment as he wrote messily. N’mor is working on Wings for M’ris. He didn’t add that he was fairly sure M’ris was too drunk to know what N’mor was up to. You should for S’far. Better safe than sorry. And it would give T’ryn something to do that wouldn’t impact his health, no matter how insistent he was that he was fine.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn accepted the paper passed his way and after a moment of glancing over it, his eyes lit up with excitement. He wasn’t the only one with the weird hobby! Of course he liked to tell himself it was in preparation for perhaps one day being a wingleader or second but seeing B’jin enjoyed working out who would work best together made T’ryn feel less like an oddball. He spent a few minutes looking it over, impressed by a lot of the combinations and how just as many overlapped with his ideas. He pointed out a couple of changes he would make based on personalities or the size of the dragons but otherwise T’ryn was all compliments as he traded the paper for the one B’jin had just been writing on.

T’ryn agreed with the assessment and told B’jin so. However, he didn’t think S’far would be interested in his work, not when he could be working on it himself or have his Second do it. Like N’mor. T’ryn laughed and shook his head as B’jin shared the rest of his thoughts. “Nem is Weyrsecond,” which was amazing! Sure, it was kind of spur of the moment and due to tragedy and from what N’mor said M’ris just sort of pointed at him and called the job done, but his friend was one step closer to his dream of being Weyrleader. “It makes sense for him to work on it. I’m… nothing. Maybe a nuisance?” he gave a self-deprecating chuckle but T’ryn did kind of feel that way. Asking S’far to help make arrangements to get his then pregnant mate relocated between Weyrs, asking to make two weyrs be adjoining, and even when they were both poisoned and disturbed S’far in the infirmary. Sometimes he wondered if S’far actually liked him.

“Maybe I’ll still ask him or give him what I started so he has a base to work with if he doesn’t already have one. But only if you don’t mind working with me to bounce ideas off of; credited of course,” T’ryn added after a moment’s thought. B’jin had good ideas but he was also a greenrider and T’ryn knew not everyone took what they said seriously. T’ryn personally believed in respecting rank and that every rider had a purpose and specific jobs but that didn’t mean greenriders were dirt and couldn’t express ideas or expect to be treated like humans.

“But first, can I ask you something?” T’ryn blurted the question out before he lost the nerve or his dad came home. He really didn’t want to try having this talk with the bluerider around. He waited for the confirmation, hesitated while trying to find the right question, and then finally gave it a shot. “Have you ever worried you aren’t good enough for R’nd? Or that you’ll screw up and he’ll leave you? Or that you have a secret or did something so horrible that you would never be forgiven or looked at like you’re a freak of nature? And that’s more than one something.”

T’ryn frowned, brows drawing together before they shot up as he realised how the questions were phrased and could be taken. “I’m not hinting at anything with your relationship! It’s just how I feel lately with Zanny. I’m going to mess this up, B’jin, and being with her is the best thing to happen to me. Aside from Impressing Sy,” he gave a roll of his eyes and glanced toward the Hatching Grounds where his bronze still stood guard at the entrance.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin gave T’ryn a dirty look when the bronzerider called himself little more than a nuisance, pursing his lips in disagreement but not bothering to articulate his opinion on paper. He knew T’ryn well enough to know he’d be able to read B’jin’s disagreement without having to put any effort into it, such as writing it down or even speaking – if he’d still been able to do that. B’jin’s hand rose to his throat again, brushing his fingers softly over the gauzy material that was the scarf he was wearing.

When T’ryn asked if he could ask a question, B’jin turned his face, one eyebrow arched curiously and indicated with a slight nod of his head that T’ryn could ask away. He wasn’t expecting to be completely bombarded with a slew of questions, and B’jin struggled to keep up with T’ryn’s onslaught. Raising both hands, B’jin made a slow-down motion, his face a concerned puzzle as he tried to make sense of what T’ryn was asking, and what he was trying to ask. B’jin ran one hand over his head, finger combing his hair back and pursed his lips as T’ryn rephrased his question.

It took B’jin a moment to remember who ‘Zanny’ was, but once he recalled that it was easier to focus on the questions that had been asked, and the ones that were floating between the lines. B’jin puffed out a breath, and bit his bottom lip as he considered how to answer. Taking back the paper, he brushed it clean with his sleeve and considered it, twirling the charcoal stick between his fingers. After a moment, B’jin wrote slowly, still thinking about his word choice as he went. Constantly. R’nd is the best thing to ever happen to me… he paused, tapping the charcoal against the parchment, just after the last period. B’jin stopped after several minutes, and handed the piece of paper to T’ryn with a shrug.

He wasn’t sure what else to say; his relationship with R’nd had plenty of bumps along the way, but all of them were caused by B’jin being stupid, not R’nd. One day he was sure R’nd would throw in the towel and leave his sorry arse on the cold floor. But B’jin didn’t want to say that to T’ryn. Didn’t want to think too much on how lucky he was to still have R’nd when B’jin was so prone to throwing tantrums that left him wondering why the bluerider cared.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn didn't rush B'jin as the greenrider took his time finding the right words. But when the paper was passed over and he saw his own words echoed back to him, he gave a soft laugh. "He probably feels the same about you." There was no doubt the pair loved each other and he knew he shouldn't doubt Cazan or worry she would wake up and realise her mistake but that was only because she didn't know all his truths. He loved and trusted her with his entire being and she had said much the same in their sappier moments alone together and perhaps that's why he was drowning so much in guilt.

"She has a husband and a boyfriend so does she really need a mate?" T'ryn asked aloud, finally giving voice to a portion of his fear that helped him believe Cazan would one day leave. "Especially a messed up mate." He truly didn’t have an issue with Cazan’s lovers since they made her happy and he knew how much love she had to give to the world at large. How could he ever ask her to keep any portion of herself bottled up? But having Yfris and Kor’is to turn to meant it would be easier to dump him if she had a reason to.

“I guess I just need to clean myself up and be someone she can be proud to be with.” That meant cutting off all side lovers—especially one in particular. He’d done it before so he could do it again, even if it meant avoiding contact all together in situations that wouldn’t have them constantly surrounded by people. He’d also work on being a better bronzerider. One that wasn’t afraid to chase his dreams and T’ryn pointed at the list of wings. “I’ll come by soon and we can work on these together. I think we can come up with something that Weyrleader S’far won’t be able to ignore or even find fault with.” T’ryn sounded a lot more confident than he felt but he wasn’t sure if that was due to his thoughts still wandering to personal issues or a lack of belief that he might be good at something.

“And,” T’ryn hesitated for the briefest of moments as he wondered if he was overstepping or might be insulting before finally pointing to his neck, “the scarves really are nice. I bet Cazan would make you leather chokers as well if you wanted to play around with styles. Kor’is sometimes wears things like that. Maybe between the two of you you’ll start a trend.”

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin lifted an eyebrow at T’ryn’s rhetorical question. Did she need a mate? Probably not, but that just made it all the more obvious in B’jin’s opinion, that she wanted T’ryn. B’jin reached over and gave T’ryn’s shoulder a gentle squeeze, before taking back his piece of parchment and wiping it clean. He quickly scrawled a simple ‘Probably not, but she wants you anyway.’ which to B’jin made the biggest impact. Clearly Cazan needed something from each of her partners, though B’jin couldn’t begin to imagine why she would need three partners. Sounded like a lot of headache to him. And heartache, according to T’ryn.

She likes you for who you are now,’ B’jin scrawled after T’ryn had spoken. ‘Remember that.’ – he was not made for this kind of conversation. Especially without a voice to help him. There was too much time to think between thinking something and managing to get it out on paper. Made him doubt himself when if he’d been able to speak verbally he wouldn’t have the time to. B’jin pursed his lips and tilted his head, but a smile formed when T’ryn brought up the wings and their formations. A single, firm nod was given, B’jin looking forward to the task. He felt so alienated even though it was he himself that was cutting everyone else out.

B’jin’s whole demeanour changed when T’ryn pointed out the neck scarves, and B’jin cringed visibly, hand going to his throat and he grimaced to himself, running his fingers over the line of the scar that could be felt through the scarf he was wearing. After pursing his lips, B’jin looked up at T’ryn with a tiered face, and gave him a half smile before mouthing an exaggerated ‘thank you’. It was a sweet thought, but B’jin wasn’t sure he wanted to wear leather chokers. He was still getting used to the feel of the gauzy summer scarves.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“Stop playing with them if you don’t want people to remark upon the scarf,” T’ryn pointed out with a laugh when he saw the way B’jin reacted to him mentioning them. He could only begin to imagine what it was like for the Harper to no longer be able to sing and talk while now being talked about all the time. T’ryn had yet to hear anything negative but being a bronzerider and closely tied to B’jin likely helped in that. Still, he meant what he said and thought the new accessory suited B’jin. The greenrider just had to stop playing with the material.

T’ryn turned his gaze to the outside world and once more stared up at the Red Star while thinking on B’jin’s advice. It did seem like Cazan liked him for who he was and he liked who he was when he was with her. That wasn’t something he could always say when he was with his lovers. They brought out a side in him that he wasn’t a fan of and the guilt he brought home afterward was always easily read on his face. He didn’t want to bring that to Cazan, didn’t want her doubting that she was the cause of anything negative, and certainly didn’t want to worry their kids. Yes, he was going to have to make some changes and they wouldn’t be easy.

“Do you mind if I sit with you for a bit? We don’t need to talk. Sometimes just silent companionship is all that’s needed.” His visits with F’drel were often filled with silence while they played chess or simply sat on the ledge together, thinking about their own things. B’jin had given him a lot to think about and while he was itching to work on the wings some more, T’ryn didn’t want to go home yet and really was interested in the company and the view.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin’s hand paused where he was fiddling with the scarf, and he gave T’ryn a pouting scowl. Then he sighed softly, and returned his hand to his lap, looking chagrined. He gave T’ryn an apologetic smile, which changed to an inviting one when T’ryn asked if he could stay. B’jin was more than happy to keep the company; though it was unlike to be so, he felt more isolated from his usual friends and company since the attack and his recovery. No one seemed to want to spend time with him, and for a socialite like B’jin, that was almost as painful as the loss of his voice.

B’jin leaned over, sweeping up the papers he’d been reading or tossed aside, and made a clear spot for T’ryn to seat himself. B’jin smiled warmly at his young companion, and offered him access to the papers, setting them between both of them, and then went back to what he had been doing originally, comparing the Star to what he knew, and the promise it made by appearing so close to them.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)