World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.07.08 | Three Days In
11am | Open

Ta'sin
of Brown Cernovith

Date of Birth
09.10.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slim, fit
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Sin woke up, feeling blissful as he was curled around the dragon he’d Impressed. Or that had Impressed him. Either or. Fact was, he slept so well now that he was bonded it was surprising and not something anyone seemed to have mentioned in the past. Maybe it was just him? Not that the mental bliss was anything compared to the cramped muscles that ached as he unwound himself from around his dragon and got up off the floor. The bed was too small for them both, and both he and Cernovith preferred to sleep in a pile. So no bed. Just blankets and pillows on the floor. Not ideal, but the Weyrlingmaster hadn’t said anything. Sin figured he wasn’t the only one sleeping on the ground, though.

Breakfast was an ordeal. Normally, Sin wasn’t inclined to eating too early in the morning. It just didn’t agree with him. Unfortunately, Cernovith did enjoy eating in the morning, and the food he needed to eat was beyond disgusting. Chunks of flesh all bloody and cold (or worse, still warm) was not something Sin had ever wanted to deal with in the early hours of the day. Or any other time, for that matter. But he did, and without too many complaints, because he loved his little dragon. Little for now. I’m going to be so big! Cernovith injected, causing Sin to laugh softly. “Not too big, I hope. I have to oil you.” And Cernovith had shrugged, because that was a future problem for Sin to deal with, and right now he had food to eat.

After breakfast had been a bath – for Cernovith, not Sin – and an oiling. Now, as lunchtime was drawing near but not quite there yet, the pair were outside in the weyrbowl with most of their class, soaking in the extreme sunshine (or hiding in the shade) while the dragonets snoozed or played. Cernovith was currently sprawled on the ground near Sin’s legs, as Sin worked on memorising the names of his classmates. His gaze was flicking from pair to pair and naming them both in his head – new honorific and dragon’s name – before moving on to the next. Cernovith was actually being very helpful as he made corrections.

“How is it you know all their names, and you’re barely three days old.”
My mad skills. Cernovith drawled back, opening one eye to peer up at Sin who stared down at his dragonet in bemusement. “Uh-huh.”

PA - First Post!

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Rh'us was napping in the shade, head propped up on Hispidath's tail, the tip of which curled around to wrap around his arm across his chest. The bronze had also been napping, but finally started to stir, his front claws stretching as he yawned. He studied his man for a moment, pondering if he should wake him up or not, but decided to try and let him sleep in a bit more. Rh'us was so tired but he'd been doing a lot lately! He even finally started to use his name more often than not! And he was being a little less grumpy to August, which was nice.

He wanted Rh'us to be happy after all, and spending time with his friends while not being grumpy with them was important. At least most of his friends. There were some friends he knew about that required grumpiness, but Hispidath didn't really understand how or why that worked, just that it did. Maybe he could get Rh'us to learn to be less grumpy! And maybe letting his rider sleep in would help with that.

But it was boring! He did his best not to squish his tail since Rh'us was using it as a pillow, and instead looked around for anything else entertaining to do. One of his brothers was awake and not too far away! Hispidath let out a soft chirp and did his best to keep his shout to a whisper that hopefully wouldn't disturb the sleeping healer. Cernovith! Want to play a game? A laying down game guessing game?

A cautious glance back at Rh'us made it seem like he was still asleep, for now. He was still lying down, still had his eyes closed, wasn't thinking very loud awake thoughts or being especially grumpy. It was probably fine. The tip of his tail gave the barest twitch as he turned his attention back to his brown brother. You have a neat scar. I like it. Where can I get one? He'd asked Rh'us about it before, but had only been told that it would be rude to ask about and that didn't make any sense at all!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ta'sin
of Brown Cernovith

Date of Birth
09.10.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slim, fit
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Cernovith looked up curiously when he heard one of his siblings say his name with that tone that indicated he was actually being spoken to, not spoken about. Tilting his head lazily, Cernovith looked around for the dragon the voice belonged to, and finally settled on the lazing form of Hispidath. I guess that sounds okay, he said honestly. What kind of guessing game?

The comment about his scar had Cernovith tilting his head to look at his belly, and he felt Sin stiffen beside him. Cernovith gave a snort, and nosed at his tummy, giving the healing cuts a gentle lick even as Sin berated him for it. He did it, and Cernovith pointed accusingly at the bronze dragon brother who was not Hispidath, the one that had clawed his belly and made it hurt. Sin had told him he was lucky they weren’t deep, otherwise his insides would have come outside. That didn’t sound very healthy at all!

Stasnding up, Cernovith made his way closer to where Hispidath was lying with his human leaning on him, and settled down a polite distance from him. What game? he asked again, not wanting to talk about his injuries any more. Talking about them reminded him of them and reminding him of them made them itch and itching made him want to lick them and that made Sin get upset with him. He didn’t like it when Sin was upset with him.

Sin, for his part, sat down beside his young brown and set about getting some oil into his wing joints, glancing occasionally at Rh’us to see if he was going to stop napping and be social while their dragonets played or not.

PA - First Post!

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Hispidath craned his neck about to eye his other bronze brother. So that was where he could get neat scars? Maybe he'd ask him for help later on. For now he turned his attention back to Cernovith, tail tip giving another lazy twitch as he thought about how to explain the game. I say a thing about something I see and you guess what I see. And then you say a thing about what you see and I guess. It was a game he'd pulled out of his rider's memories, something he used to play with his daughter and it seemed fun. And maybe it would let Rh'us sleep in a bit more so that maybe he could be less grumpy.

The bronze took a long look around, trying to decide what his first thing would be, and after noting a particularly nice looking rock finally declared, I spy something gray! His tail gave another twitch before winding a bit more around his rider's hand, causing the man to stir. Rh'us blinked, squinting at the brightness even as he lay in the shade. "Wha... oh." He had a crick in his neck and his arm was stiff from being held in the same position by a tail and he gently batted it away before sitting up with a groan and cracking his neck with an almost obscenely loud pop.

Much better. Rh'us squinted around, giving Ta'sin a brief nod before his gaze caught Hispidath's face beaming up at him. You're awake! We're playing the I spy game! Can I have a scar too? The healer's briefly melted face turned still and annoyed. "A... scar... no, not on purpose." A sense of deja vu hit him and he realized this was remarkably like trying to negotiate with daughter when she was small...

Hispidath got up and turned, immediately and gently headbutting his rider in the chest to force a snuggle. Rh'us cleared his throat and focused a bit more on the present moment, shaking his head. "You have to earn scars, you can't just go and get them on purpose. I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunity. That and they hurt a lot."

Oh. The bronze considered that for a moment. If he was going to get something he wanted to do it the right way so he just nodded and left it at that before turning his attention back to his brother and their game, giving more clues as needed. With that settled and Hispidath distracted, Rh'us yawned and realized that Ta'sin was still there. Might as well acknowledge his existence further. "Morning... I think. How are you and yours?" Dragon healing was not his specialty, but Rhamnu-Rh'us! figured basic wound healing was probably similar enough. "Hopefully it's not too itchy. I know a cream that... well Nari would know better if it would help. Helps humans at least. Either way, don't let him pick at it. Men, women, children, dogs... doesn't matter they always try to pick." And they hardly ever listened to advice to avoid doing so.

Ta'sin
of Brown Cernovith

Date of Birth
09.10.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slim, fit
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Okay, Cernovith said, considering the instructions he was given on how to play the game. Then he waited quietly for Hispidath to start. When a grey item was chosen, Cernovith stretched out lazily and peered around, after checking with Sin on what colour ‘grey’ was, since he hadn’t had that one come to his attention yet. That taken care of, Cernovith started a very serious search without moving. After several moments, he nodded towards the entrance. The entrance way? he asked hesitantly, tilting his head and eyeballing his brother.

The loud cracking of Rh’us’ neck had Sin flinching with a grimace, as he turned to look at his companion. The dragonet talking to his rider caused Sin to smile, and he pretended not to hear the conversation about gaining scars, though it was hard not to when dragonets were so damned loud at the moment. Sin brushed a hand back through his hair, and turned to look at the man. “Hey,” he responded easily, giving a lazy smile as he finished working on Cernovith’s wing joint and moved down to his leg. “We’re doing okay. Cer is obsessed with licking his scratches, but I think they’re healing okay despite the constant irritation. I’d be willing to try to cream. I’ve been putting the oil on it,” he lifted his hand slightly to show his oily fingers and the cloth he was holding. “But I don’t know anything about this kind of thing.”

PA - First Post!

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

No! It's smaller than that. Guess again! Hispidath's tail gave a pleased swoosh behind him. He wasn't sure if there was a way to win the game, but he felt that if there was he was probably pretty close. Then again he didn't know if there was a way to lose it either. Either way hopefully it would continue to be fun and if it wasn't then they could change the game to something else now that Rh'us was awake.

The healer fumbled through his pockets until he found a pencil and a scrap bit of paper that Hispidath had torn from his notebook so that he could scribble down the name of the cream. "Make sure you don't slather on too much. You'll just want to cover the area, maybe cover that up with loose bandages or something. If he tries to lick it will taste quite bitter and his mouth might become numb. Just double check with Nari-" He's N'noa now! Rh'us sighed, why did dragons insist on giving everyone silly new names? It's not silly it's nice. "Yes, of course... anyway, check with N'noa just in case, and probably let T'cai or one of his assistants know or something." That way if anything went wrong it wouldn't be solely his fault.

"I don't think oil could hurt, helps their skin anyway so long as you don't just pour it into an open wound I imagine..." Rh'us started to scratch at his own arm as he felt itchy and when the sensation refused to let up he scowled and rolled just enough to grab onto his bronze and wrestle him closer. "Come here, you." With only minor initial flailing, Hispidath settled in for his own oiling, letting out a pleased chirp at the attention his rider was giving him.

At least Rh'us didn't have to reach far to get a rag and some oil; with all the weyrlings out there were supplies scattered everywhere and the weyrlingmaster and his assistants helping where they could to bring more oil or food as the dragonets demanded. He found it annoying so far, dedicating all of his time to Hispidath. At least the bronze didn't seem particularly bothered by that, he knew his mate was grumpy now, but he knew that there was so much more than that and he loved him all the same. One day I'll be big and I'll help you. "I'll be sure to teach you how to stitch," Rh'us responded with dry amusement.

Though it would be a while before he could get back to that. Once the itching had subsided, he focused back on Ta'sin, mostly ignoring the game as Hispidath continued to give clues as needed. "Are you a weyrbrat or did you get searched and snatched up from a promising apprenticeship somewhere?" He assumed the new brownrider was a weyrbrat, but he couldn't quite place him in his memory.

Ta'sin
of Brown Cernovith

Date of Birth
09.10.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slim, fit
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Umm, Cernovith looked around some more, flicking his tail thoughtfully as he tried to find the grey item his brother was spying. He really couldn’t see all that much around that was grey, which made it hard, though maybe it should have made it easier. Cernovith got sidetracked by that line of thought, humming to himself and fidgeting as Sin tried to oil his joints. He was further distracted by Hispidath’s comment about N’noa, and crooned. His mate is Atranth! He’s blue. “Thank you, Cer,” Sin said, amused, and glanced apologetically at Rh’us. “We’ve been practising names.” He explained.

“Did you find the grey object,” he asked his dragon, directing Cernovith’s attention back to the game he’d completely forgotten about, and Sin smirked as he returned his attention to Rh’us. “I’m a Weyrbrat. Katilan.” Sin was proud to be Katilan, but he also k new that didn’t mean much to those that were Searched, especially those that had been dragged to Katila without any sort of choice in the matter. He eyeballed Rh’us for a moment. “Suppose you were Stolen,” he said, tone apologetic, as if he’d had any say in the matter.

Is it that rock? Cernovith suddenly crowed, springing to his feet and half trampling a startled Sin as he danced around, excited to have found a grey item that could be what his brother had been spying. “Cer! Come back here!” Sin wrangled his dragonet back onto the ground and near his lap, so he could continue oiling the wriggling baby.

PA - First Post!

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Indeed, a blue... good job remembering." Rh'us said the words idly, in the same way he'd idly speak to a child while trying to keep them distracted while he had to tend to a wound. He was just glad that Hispidath seemed to enjoy the silly little game since it served as a good distraction that helped keep small children (and dragons in this case) entertained without them having to move about.

"Ah, a Katila brat. And yes, I was Stolen." Rh'us left it at that, it wasn't something he wanted to think on further, it would only upset him and thus Hispidath and that would only make him even more cranky. For now he concentrated on oiling the bronze baby who was so solid that it was really hard to keep thinking of him as little.

Luckily the dragonets provided further distraction as Hispidath flared his wings, nearly knocking Rh'us in the face in celebration. You're right! It was the rock! After a brief round of flailing from both dragon and rider until wings had been captured and made still again, the bronze turned back to his brother to excitedly continue the game. Now you have to pick something to see and I'll guess.

With the bronze settling in and getting ready to take his turn guessing, Rh'us got back to the oiling. "So, you're a brat. Probably wanted this for longer than you remember. Any goals?" Because he certainly didn't have any of his own except try to get through this and then see if he could get his life back to normal.

Ta'sin
of Brown Cernovith

Date of Birth
09.10.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slim, fit
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Yay! Cernovith crowed in celebration when his guess was proven correct, and he flared his own wings, causing Sin to swear and duck his head to avoid being decapitated by the membraned limbs. As he, too, was wrangled back into folding his wings and lying down quietly, Cernovith took to gazing about with excitement. He had to find something good to be his item, but not something too good as to never be guessed. Hrm! It was almost as difficult to be the spier as it was to be the guesser!

Something green! Cernovith said after a moment, turning to look triumphantly at his brother. There was lots of green around them, but Cernovith was quite sure that Hispidath would never choose the tree near them, when eh could guess all their sisters or grown dragons or the grass or—the list went on and on! He was so clever! Cernovith crooned with a whirl of his eyes, thoroughly excited to see how long it took his brother to figure it out.

“More or less,” Sin laughed, working on one of Cernovith’s joints before sloping down the dragon’s rump and onto his tail. The young dragon was flicking his tail a lot, which was making oiling it hard, especially once it got some oil on it and became even more slippery and hard to hold. “Hoped for bronze, thought I’d get blue. So a brown is a nice compromise,” he laughed. “Not sure I have what it takes to be a greenrider.” His nose scrunched up, and Sin shook his head slightly. No, he’d seen too much of what the lives of greenriders were like to want to play that role. “No goals, though, except to spend as much time doing as little as possible.” He laughed, genuine but also teasing. Some people seemed intent on being Wing or Weyrleaders, and Sin was not one of them. Not at all!

PA - First Post!

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Hispidath's eyes swirled in excitement as he started to look at everything green. Grass? No, too obvious, also it was starting to maybe be brown from the sun? So it probably didn't count. He had many green sisters, that was a possible option! But which one? Clearly there was a methodical method to solve this and so he started to immediately spout off each of the names of his green sisters one after another.

Rh'us immediately paused in his oiling to pinch at the bridge of his nose. "Hiss... Hiss stop. While I commend your thoroughness, sometimes you can try to eliminate a broader category first. Start with a broader guess. Maybe ask if it's even a dragon first."

The little bronze blinked as he considered the option for a moment. This was one of the reasons that he loved Rh'us! Not only did he know how to do things so precisely, he could do things easier without being sloppy! Hispidath puffed up proudly as he turned to his brown brother and asked, Is it a dragon? Upon receiving his answer he started to study his surroundings again, head craning about as he hoped getting new angles might help.

With the bronze pondering quietly again, Rh'us got back to oiling, glancing over at Ta'sin as he considered the response. "As little as possible. Well, at least you're honest about it and self aware enough to turn laziness into a goal. Certainly better than the brownriders that are killing people."

Ta'sin
of Brown Cernovith

Date of Birth
09.10.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slim, fit
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Sin grinned broadly as the baby bronze began sounding off every green in the vicinity, and Cernovith chirped in at each one with variations of ‘no’ or ‘nope’ or ‘nada’ with a cheerful and playful tone that wasn’t nearly as grating on Sin’s mind as some of the other dragonets around were. He was, however, looking forward to the days when their dragonets would speak only to them, and they wouldn’t be stuck listening to thirty or forty voices all at once. He was jealous of the smaller clutches some of the others had been Weyrlings in. It must have been much easier on the mind!

Nope! Not a dragon! Cernovith sounded sad that Hispidath had taken Rh’us’ advice to think broader, and if dragons could pout Sin was pretty sure Cernovith would have been pouting sullenly. He patted the little brown dragonet on the head, and got an excited nuzzle in return. Sin smiled at his little lifemate, and patted him again before laughing at Rh’us. “Oh, I don’t know about laziness. I just don’t want responsibility.” His face fell at the mention of brownriders killing, and picked at his oil cloth for a few moments. “Yeah. Brownriders don’t have the best reputation.” He said quietly after a while.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)