World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.01.03 | Rhymes With “Witch”
7pm | Vondal

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Helyna had been pleased to have Vondal back… for the most part. It had been great to have her friend by her side again, and to have his (rather confused) support during the gossip and whispers spread by that poorly written lurid note. She also appreciated how well he’d handled N’mor’s rather judgemental introduction of himself when dropping Vondlyn back off, and her friend handled the inquisitive little boy surprisingly well.

But lately, every single little thing he did seemed to be striking a nerve.

First he’d sorted her yarns by color rather than weight. Then he’d put a project back on the wrong shelf “just tidying up”. Yesterday he’d hung up one of the projects she was working on with Cazan over with Iliyith’s harnesses. And today—

“How many times are you going to drop that spindle? How they could decide to make you Journeyman and I had to learn everything secretly I’ll never understand.” Helyna snatched up the fallen spindle and deftly rejoined the thread, scowling at the thick slubs in the spinning. “Where’s your head these days, Von? We’ll be lucky if this is good enough to mend with, let alone make lace.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair
Dark brown, long and wavy

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Vondal raised an eyebrow, leaning back slightly at yet another snap. He certainly didn't remember the woman being so... snippy before. There was a reaction deep in his gut to just call her a catty woman from his time on the ship, but he was especially sure that would only lead to something worse. No, his best friend and wife... former wife, deserved better than that. He would have to handle this a bit more delicately.

"I don't remember you being quite so.... bitchy." Ah yes, he was definitely a master of diplomacy. He very quickly added, "I remember some of the sailors talking about their wives having a personality shift, getting angrier, snippier, finding more things wrong with things when they were pregnant. So... is this because of Vondlyn?" No, he was fairly sure this was also somehow worse. "Not that I'm upset about that, he's a wonderful boy. Though I thought those sorts of things ended after the birth now that I think about it."

He paused, pursing his lips as he watched Helyna very carefully. "You know, maybe I should just go make you a cup of tea. Would you like some biscuits with that?"

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

”Excuse me?” Her own dark brow arched toward her hair as her friend dug himself into a verbal hole. What the hell was he talking about; it was perfectly reasonable to be upset with the way he’d been messing up her things. And what was he on about talking about her son like he was the one causing her to be moody? “Of course it’s not Vondlyn. Don’t be an idiot.” Helyna wound the cop of thread a bit more aggressively than needed, then caught herself.

“Fuck,” she muttered, mostly to herself. It was early, wasn’t it? It had been two years the first time, though some golds were on far shorter cycles. Setting the spindle and fiber aside, she stood abruptly and crossed to the door to Iliyith’s space to confirm her theory.

The lighting wasn’t ideal, but the gold did seem brighter than usual. Maybe Vondal had just oiled her? No, Helyna didn’t have that sort of luck. “Fuck,” she swore again, more vehemently this time. At least Vondlyn was with Nem tonight so she didn’t have to worry about him picking up bad words. Heading back into the living room, she poured herself a glass of wine instead of the tea he’d offered to make.

“Iliyith’s going to Fly any day now.” She saw his moment of confusion and clarified, “a mating flight.” She took a long sip of wine, fingers playing with something on the mantel to have something to do. “We pick up on their emotions and they can color our own, especially when the golds or greens are going to mate. We call it being ‘proddy’,” she added, finally sinking back into a chair.

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair

Threads

Vondal had definitely heard stories about these sorts of moods from the sailors with wives, and he'd always thought that their rather harrowing allusions to near death had been for comedic emphasis. But the way Helyna had responded had him thinking that perhaps he didn't want to be near her shears at the moment as he scooted a little further away. At least he resisted the urge to go steal and hide them as she rushed off to her dragon (hopefully not to tell the golden beast it was finally okay to eat him).

When Helyna returned swearing, he considered just going to hide in his room to try and stay further out of the way, but then she mentioned that Iliyith was going to fly. But... didn't dragons just do that? He couldn't imagine the stately gold just walking everywhere. And then she began to clarify and it dawned on him. "Oh." Helyna wasn't pregnant... she was just... in heat? No, that seemed a poor comparison. Or maybe it was from the short chat they'd had about it before? Either way, she was some sort of dragon moody. "Proddy," he repeated just to give the word a try. "I see... so when dragons start to have their time of the... ah... year? Their time, the riders also get proddy. Got it."

This seemed like a much easier and more temporary thing to handle and Vondal scratched at his chin while he thought. "Should I go to the kitchens and tell them you need some desserts? Put some bubbles in the bath for you? I can also try warming a towel to wrap you in. Does being proddy give you cramps or anything?"

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

She couldn’t help a small smile at the attempt to compare it to a human’s courses. “Something like that. Though the cycles can vary. Especially in younger dragons or greens. But you’ve already experienced a little of a green flight.” They had talked about it a little awkwardly afterwards, Helyna having completely forgotten to warn him about that aspect of weyr life. But this was different.

“You’re sweet and I will definitely take you up on all of those later,” she said with a mischievous grin. “At least the desserts and the bath.”

“But you’ll need to make yourself scarce when the Flight actually starts. I’ll probably have a little bit of leeway to warn you, but I need to focus on Iliyith and making sure she controls herself at the start.” She explained what would happen so he’d be better prepared, taking her time and answering questions if he had them.

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair

Threads

The few green flight that Vondal had witnessed had been initially awkward, he'd found it rather hard to stay locked in his room and not go try to prowl about after one of the oh so many handsome men in the Weyr. After that talk and a bit more preparation, the others had been much easier to handle to the point that the latest one hadn't really bothered him at all. He probably wouldn't have even noticed it if not for the racket. So if this was just the gold version of all that then it probably wasn't too bad and Helyna would get back to normal soon.

"I will gladly get you some treats and bubbly bath things if that will help you not be so.... proddy." He was busy pondering this newest word in his vocabulary while Helyna talked about the differences, something about how the golds were much more noticeable and he'd have to leave to not be in the way. That was all well and good, he could just go do something to bide his time while he waited for all that to be over with.

He scratched at his chin again, still stuck on the word. "Is it called proddy because... you get prodded? Or is it a bit like touchy?"

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

She laughed at the question, smiling at her friend. “I think the latter, Von. I could do without the reminder that I’ll be… prodded.” Helyna made an exaggerated face at him.

“Hopefully Iliyith will behave and not be so dramatic since Rhezalth is here this time. She connived to have him come to Fort last time.” The goldrider rolled her eyes at her dragon’s antics.

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair

Threads

"Fair," Vondal said with a small laugh. At least Helyna was starting to relax a little now that she realized what was going on. Hopefully it meant she'd be a little less snippy soon. "It's still odd to me that they can plan and plot and try to sneak their boyfriends home. But hey, at least you know who it will be right? So that should help."

At least Vondal hoped it would help. He wasn't sure how he'd feel waking up after having a roll in the hay with some strange woman. He doubted it would be a very pleasant feeling though. "Did you want me to do anything for after it's over? I can try to sneak in, get some tea made. Or pour you a glass of wine and have some cheese ready." Sure he wasn't her husband anymore, at least not really, but Helyna was still his oldest friend and it was easy to want to help take care of her in little ways.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)