World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.02.07 | In a Jam
3pm | open

J'me
of Green Jammerith

Date of Birth
08.02.718, 27
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Between careful turns of the page, Jimeleah's right hand drummed on the table as she reviewed written accounts of burn accidents and how they were initially treated. It wasn't exactly thrilling material, most texts regarding burn victims focused on long term treatment and healing, and that wasn't something she was particularly interested in. Once that initial moment had passed and the patient was either stable or dead (which, she supposed in morbid fashion, was just another way to be stable), Jimeleah preferred her involvement to be done with so that she could move on.

Those papers look boring. A little. I'm just curious if there's anything about the initial treatment of burns that leads to better long-term outcomes. There was a pause before Jammerith responded, Well, I have an idea for something more interesting you could do if you wanted to take a break from that. Jimeleah chewed on her thumbnail as she continued to read. It's fine, I'd rather just finish getting through these so that I can return this book before it's missed. The green's normally soft and breathy voice held a lot more smoke and irritation as she asked, How much longer?

That made her pause as she did a more thorough mental check on her dragon. Jammerith was uncomfortable, annoyed, embarrassed... she abandoned her desk and pulled on her coat as she walked towards the door. Jam, what have you done? Where are you? The dragon's voice was much softer and embarrassed as she said, I saw some children playing under these trees and I thought I could fit...

Oh no. Jimeleah rushed to the bowl, quickly spotting the hint of tail sticking out from a small stand of trees, their branches bent low to the ground to create the sort of natural cave that weyr brats would make a cozy hideout out of. Only it was stuffed with a green dragon at the moment. "Jam," she sighed in exasperation. "Where are you stuck? Can you move your... no your wings are pinned and one's wrapped around that branch. How did you get that far in?" With a scowl she started to examine the situation to try to find some way to free the green.

PA - First Post!

L'tri
of Blue Jedreth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Dark brown eyes watched the blonde rush out the door and into the bowl with what could only be a frantic look on her face. L'tri's head cocked curiously from his position on his bench by the wall of the weyr. What the heck was going on over there? He looked, studying the area to see if there was anything amiss but couldn't really see anything from his place. He was a little further away from the trees, making it harder to see from a distance. You should go look. That piqued even more of his curiosity. Well what's happening? he questioned the blue.

Something quite amusing.

Were there kids playing wherry in the trees? The feeling he got from his young blue was not at all what he was actually think and L'tri grabbed the straps he'd been inspecting before standing. He stretched lightly, groaning a little at the pull in his lower back, and started towards the blonde as she started looking around the trees. He blinked almost dumbly as he noticed a green tail sticking out of the trees. "What the hell?" he murmured as he came to a stop and just goggled at the fact that there was a dragon in the trees.

"Is she stuck in there?" he asked the woman who continued to examine the copse of trees.

Jammerith and Jimeleah his blue supplied him when he struggled a little with her name. Ah. Yes. The weird and very small green from Jed's clutch. "Do you need help?" he asked as Jedreth landed not far from them in the bowl.

PA - First Post!

J'me
of Green Jammerith

Date of Birth
08.02.718, 27
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

The tip of Jammerith's tail gave an irritated twitch as she waited for her rider to figure something out. As small and flexible as she was, the entire situation was rather uncomfortable. She'd gotten a wing tangled in a branch when she tried to back out, and then trying to go forward again she'd gotten her other wing caught on something. Rather than panic and make the situation work she'd just hunkered down, waiting for someone to help with all the poking sticks and branches. "Just stay calm, Jam. We'll figure this out."

At least that was what Jimeleah was hoping for, though she wasn't sure how. She might have to try and find someone to help cut some of the branches out of the way. She turned to the man who'd walked up, not quite remembering his name though she recognized him as a rider from her class. It started with an L she was sure though. She scowled and gestured at the trees. "Jam decided to see if she could fit... only now she can't get out."

Jimeleah circled the trees again, hoping a new angle would help things. "I'm not sure exactly how you could help yet, but I'm sure the answer is yes. Her wings are just kind of... hooked around branches, but she'd having trouble twisting back around. I think." Do you remember who this is? Jedreth's rider. L'tri. She nodded and turned her attention back to L'tri. "Do you have any ideas? Because other than trying to cut it all down I don't know. I'm Jim, by the way."

PA - First Post!

L'tri
of Blue Jedreth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

He chuckled when she called her dragon "Jam". The name suited apparently and L'tri said as much. "The nickname is appropriate," he grinned at her even as his clever little mind tried to figure out how, exactly, to get the small green out of the trees. L'tri was generally pretty even-keeled, not much fazed him on a daily basis, but this was absolutely fascinating and he couldn't quite stop staring at the green's flicking tail. He was, however, fascinated as he was forever grateful that Jedreth never decided to do things like this.

It would only end badly if I did something like this

L'tri had to admit that the blue was not wrong in that regard. He was a larger blue and he would never be able to fit in a tree like that. "Does she do this often?" he asked as he started walking in the opposite direction as Jimeleah. He glanced up to find the green spectacularly stuck with wings akimbo. "Hmmm," he murmured as he studied her predicament. He had an idea but he wasn't sure if it could be done and didn't really want to chance it. Jed, could you between out of this? he asked the blue mentally. It would be a risk I wouldn't be willing to take, the blue told him from his station near the branches.

Jammerith, the blue called out to the green, Does anything hurt?

"I can climb up there and see if I can bend the branches out of the way," he offered the blonde. He had no trouble scaling a tree, something he'd spent a childhood doing, "Might be able to get her unstuck that way."

PA - First Post!

J'me
of Green Jammerith

Date of Birth
08.02.718, 27
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Sometimes Jimeleah wished the nickname wasn't so appropriate, but she had to admit it was. This wasn't really the time to get upset over it though, she needed to keep a cool head to prevent this from turning into something truly awful rather than the current annoyance that it was. And embarrassing, Jammerith added. Well perhaps you deserve a little bit of that. This isn't the first time you've gotten stuck. The green huffed, shifting her weight and flicking her tail back and forth enough to make a rattling sound in the foliage.

"She likes to squish into things and see if she can fit in places. Last time she got stuck in my weyr for an hour until I got enough oil to squeeze her back out." Jimeleah tilted her head as she considered and then shook it. "I don't think oil will help here though.

The green was becoming more irritated by the minute and let out a disgruntled hiss as Jedreth called to her. Just my pride. This is very uncomfortable though. I don't see how anyone could enjoy this. Foolish children. Jimeleah rolled her eyes. "Yes, that's right, Jam. This is all the children's fault. Surely they are the ones who are wrong."

She walked back around to the bluerider, studying the branches he was pointing out. "That might work. Maybe if I can try and squish in there too I can help move her wings out of the way." With L'tri climbing the tree and pulling, Jimeleah moved to try and get into the tree as well to start carefully moving the wing. Or at least that was the plan until Jammerith enthusiastically started to squirm backwards as soon as she felt the pressure ease up on her wing.

Unfortunately in her haste she got her wing stuck on another branch before she was more than halfway out. Jimeleah sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You know you only look more ridiculous now, Jam. Your ass is hanging out." Shut up.

PA - First Post!

L'tri
of Blue Jedreth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

L'tri tried not to laugh at the image of Jammerith getting stuck in Jimeleah's weyr. He was even more glad that Jedreth never attempted something like that. He was pretty sure it would take more oil than L'tri could even get to unstick the blue from his weyr. "Sounds messy," he said as he watched Jam twitch her tail just beneath the canopy. He shook his head as he watched. Dragons were sometimes the silliest things on the planet.

I think human children are considerably smaller than you, the blue told her with a large amount of sympathy in his voice.

L'tri snorted as he started his climb into the tree, swinging easily until he reached the branches he wanted to hit. They were damn near close to getting her unstuck when she got herself restuck and L'tri groaned quietly. "Jed!" he called to the blue, "Get up under her and help her stay up. I don't want her to be spraining her wings while she's hanging there." The blue did as he was asked, slipping in beneath the green to ease some of the gravity pressure from her wings.

Still nothing hurting? he asked the green as he shifted slightly to prop her up a little better. L'tri looked over at Jimeleah and grinned when she teased the green. He did have to admit that Jammerith did look ridiculous hanging halfway out of the trees. "Well," he said with a shrug, "She's mostly out now. Should be easier now." He moved to the next branch and started working again before nodding. "Push on that one would you," he told her as he motioned to one of the branches hanging Jam's wings up.

PA - First Post!

J'me
of Green Jammerith

Date of Birth
08.02.718, 27
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

I know that! Jammerith snapped at the blue, her tail twitching again as she struggled against the branches and sent them rattling. "Jam! Cut that out!" Jimeleah frowned as she scolded the green and was met with another agitated hiss. "You're going to make it harder to get you out, now hush. As soon as you're free you can stretch out and I'll make sure your pretty green hide isn't too scratched up okay?"

With a soft grumble, Jammerith settled down again with only a soft startled squeak as the blue squished in beneath her. Still nothing hurting, she grumbled again, still terribly embarrassed by the ordeal and needing so much help. She shifted her weight as carefully as she could to try to be a bit more comfortable, not only for herself but for the blue she was so precariously on top of. She waited until her rider was climbing around in the tree branches before softly murmuring to Jedreth, Thank you. I am sorry to have caused such a fuss.

She wasn't about to admit that she was enjoying the attention, and Jimeleah wasn't in the mood to tease her about it as she carefully made her way to the branch that L'tri pointed out. She did take a page out of Jam's book though as she thanked the bluerider for his help. "Thanks, by the way. I know you didn't have to stop and help, and you could have just poked fun at her." She grabbed onto the branch and pushed, and let out a relieved sigh when between the two of them and an anxious wiggle the green fell free of the foliage to sprawl ungracefully down onto the snowy ground with an undignified squawk.

"Oh good!" Jimeleah leaned against the branches for a moment longer before jumping down. "I'm going to want to check you over where it's warm." She turned to L'tri, trying to think of some way to show her appreciation. "I can offer some warm tea or klah if you want. It's the least I could do."

PA - First Post!

L'tri
of Blue Jedreth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Jedreth didn’t take the snappish words from the green to heart. He was understanding of her problem, knowing with certainty had she not been stuck she wouldn’t have snapped at him. He, of course, really had no idea whether that was true or not but he liked to think it was. If he was in the same position, Jed was pretty sure he’d be wanting to bite people’s heads off too. He only grunted a little when her rear settled on his back.

Good, Jed to the green with a pleased sound, I would be rather upset if you were harmed in any way. Your hide is far too pretty to be scarred up by trees. L’tri rolled his eyes at the blue, flirting with the green in an unassuming way to take her mind off things was completely the blue all around. L’tri wasn’t even sure the blue knew what he was doing. Don’t worry, the blue told her with assurance, You haven’t caused any fuss and if you have, I don’t mind.

“Hey,” L’tri waved away her apology with a chuckle, “It’s no big deal.” He was taking a page out of Jedreth’s book, make something large be not so big and trying to diffuse the bad situation by making it a little less intense was Jed’s go to method of life. “It’s kid of rude to poke fun at someone having a bad time isn’t it?” he asked with a cock of his head and pulled the branch as Jimeleah pushed. L’tri gave his own satisfied sigh as Jammerith slipped out of the branches. Jedreth yelped as Jam’s exit from the trees took him a bit by surprise and the blue sprawled in an ungainly heap beneath the green.

“Do you need help checking her over,” he said after laughing at Jedreth’s grumbling as the blue heaved himself back to his feet. The bluerider landed gracefully and stood from his crouch before nodding in agreement. “Sure,” he said with a smile, “I wouldn’t mind some klah if you’re offering.”

PA - First Post!

J'me
of Green Jammerith

Date of Birth
08.02.718, 27
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"I should be just fine to check her, but you're welcome to help if you want. Let's just get back to my weyr first where it's a bit warmer." Jammerith was already slinking away, waiting until she was well clear of the trees she'd just been caught up in before flying towards the weyr, her wings a little unsteady and her general motion a little more wobbly than Jimeleah would have liked. Hopefully it was just a bit of lingering stiffness from being caught, but she would have to check them over just to be sure. She sighed as she gestured for L'tri to follow her. "Well let's go. I'm hoping she just needs a bit more stretching and not that she pulled anything. Oh and yours is also welcome to join us if he wants."

I don't see why. Jammerith's voice sulked. She'd already been involved in one embarrassing spectacle, she didn't need an audience while she was being checked over. Because it's polite. He did help you out after all and I don't think he made fun of your or anything earlier when you actually deserved it. There was a pause as the dragon considered and then relented. Fine, I suppose he can come as well.

The green was already curled up in her wallow when Jimeleah ushered L'tri inside; the space was obviously originally intended for a much larger dragon and it only made her look even tinier. "I'll get some water started for the klah and then we can get take a look for anything obvious. I'm fine, Jammerith pouted as she turned her nose away. "If you're fine then this won't take long at all."

Once the kettle was heating up and they'd gotten started, the dragon's tune changed. Instead of being terribly grumpy and embarrassed she sat still, easily extending limbs and wings for inspection, basking in her rider's attention. And she supposed a little bit at this other rider's attention since he was intent on helping as well. Once they'd found all of her small scratches and put some ointment on them she eyed Jedreth for a moment before making room for him to join her. Thank you again for your help. Once the blue had settled she immediately snuggled in, half shoving herself under him.

Jimeleah rolled her eyes at the little display and went to pour the klah. "Here, thanks again," she said as she offered L'tri a cup. She walked back to the table only to find it was still covered in her medical research. "Couch it is," she said with a nod, too lazy to bother trying to reorganize and pick it all up yet. She settled down easily on one end, feet tucking up underneath her comfortably. "At least you get a fun story. I doubt you've had to free a dragon from some trees before."

PA - First Post!

L'tri
of Blue Jedreth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

L'tri followed to her weyr and waited while she put the water on for the klah. He'd noticed the put upon reaction to him and Jedreth's presence from the green and had almost declined the invitation but he couldn't. He needed to make sure that the little green was going to be alright and he was the type to help where he was needed. He didn't mind helping Jimeleah go over Jammerith to make sure she was alright, he didn't really have anything better to do.

It was a quick look over, catching scrapes and scratches here and there before slathering numbweed over them. He made sure Jam got a few neck scratches and ridge scratches as he helped Jim work through what needed treatment and what could be left alone. He could feel Jedreth's curiosity and the blue finally came inside to inspect things. When they were finished, the blue gazed at the green expectantly and a little hope, and the sigh he let out when she scooched was delighted. L'tri grinned as he thumped down next to her to mantle a wing over her back.

It was no trouble, he told her with a grunt as she pushed herself mostly beneath him. L'tri chuckled and followed behind Jim. His brows cranked up as he looked at all of the things she had scattered across her table. He'd forgotten that Fort made the women get healer training before standing and the paperwork looked like healer stuff. It was all a foreign language to the bluerider, not the brightest L'tri had never been slated for the crafts. He took the cup from her and inhaled the scent before taking a sip.

"Your weyr is enormous," he said as he settled on the other end of the couch and shifted to tuck a leg up before turning to watch her. "I'm sure I can find some kids to tell it to," he chuckled, "No one else to regale with a tale." Oh, he was sure Madelan or E'rid would listen to him but not without something in return. "I do have to admit I've never seen a dragon stuck in a tree before," he laughed a little, "Does she do that kind of stuff a lot?"

PA - First Post!

J'me
of Green Jammerith

Date of Birth
08.02.718, 27
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Jimeleah looked around her weyr and nodded. "I suppose it is pretty large. I think it belonged to a brown before, maybe a bronze." She smirked as she took a sip of her klah. "I'm waiting for them to tell me there was some sort of terrible mistake and I'll need to move to a smaller one. Jam would probably like that, honestly."

After another sip she glanced over in her dragon's general direction, amused that Jammerith had decided the blue was acceptable to cuddle. She turned her attention back to L'tri and nodded, "She just likes to squish into small spaces in general. When she was even tinier it wasn't so bad with her trying to fit under beds and behind things, but she still tries to fit there. Last week she tried to get under the table. Nice that she seems to have made a friend this time at least. Not sure how long that will last for though. She's... particular."

There's nothing wrong with being more selective. Jammerith grumbled and huffed slightly, tucking her nose against Jedreth for some more cozy warmth. So far the blue seemed acceptable enough, but it was still too early to tell either way. For now, after her harrowing adventure, she was content to accept some cuddles and comfort. Jimeleah smirked at the response in amusement and decided to change the subject. "So what about you, L'tri. Does yours ever give you such strange and bizarre problems? And do you help out in the creche? Or just have kids of your own?"

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)