World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.02.18 | Checking on Treasures
2pm | open for Malvayth's weyrlings, weyrlingmaster/assistants (if those exist)

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan was busy packing and not busy flying with Malvayth, and of course this was a problem. She should have been practicing with her! Even if she was so full of eggs it should have been fine to take a ride, Mal knew how to be gentle with her precious rider after all! Still she supposed there would be plenty of flying for the both of them soon when they went to their new home, and Cazan promised to go flying even more after she clutched so for the moment the gold had stopped pouting and sulking to go entertain herself in another way.

So she made her way to the weyrling barracks to check on her prizes to see how they were doing now that a few days had passed for them to get used to their new mates. And Malvayth was still so proud of her little clutch! They had all hatched into handsome and pretty little things and had been quick enough to find their partners and even some were grumpy or clumsy or perhaps a little shy they were all wonderful in their own way she was sure. After a lazy set of circles to squish the snow down she settled into a comfortable lounge outside of the barracks and let out a cheery chirp as she announced her visit.

Hello tiny little treasures! I hope you are resting well. If you are not so sleepy I wouldn't mind visiting with you. Cazan must have sent word ahead that she was coming because one of the assistants opened the door and Lady flew out to go perch regally atop her head with her own little chirp.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim, fit from hard work at Katila
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
I am here! The gold was quite awake and gracefully found her way sitting up as she tilted her head and squinted a little as she thought.

I am also not sleepy but my Zarah is. I am not hungry yet, either, so I will only wake her when it is time to eat. I think that is reasonable. I am glad you have come!

She wriggled a little to find a more comfortable spot and crossed her dainty forelegs. There, that was much better. Much better indeed.

How long will you stay? Her green and blue faceted eyes whirled a little faster.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Are you awake? Are you still sleeping? Fayath's hesitant whisper was accompanied by a gentle nuzzle to Amos's arm. He stirred, eyes opening to squint for a moment at her eager face before he smiled and reached over to rub her eye ridges. "Hi, sweetheart. I'm awake now. Are you itchy?"

He didn't think she was itchy, she didn't feel hungry yet since the last time he'd fed her, but it was possible that he was still too sleepy to pick up on any of that. The little green wiggled a little and gave him another nudge. We have a visitor! Can we go see?

"Oh sure thing. Let me pull on a shirt and we can go see." A'mos let out another yawn as he sat up and pulled on his clothes. Fayath gently tapped her claws on the floor as she paced around in narrow circles until he was ready to go and then stuck close by as he walked her outside to go meet with Malvayth. A'mos found a section of wall to lean against and watch from as Fayath squeezed behind his legs to cautiously peek around from behind them. So big! "Mhm." Maybe I will be that big one day. A'mos chuckled. "I doubt it, sweetheart, but we'll see. Are you going to go say hi?"

Fayath eyed her mother warily for a moment before she chirped. Hello!

PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
They had been learning the hard way the last few days that Dalsuth wasn't meant for standing still. It seemed like his entire being rejected the idea and he always eventually started to lean to one side and then topple over. And then when he had to give in and sleep, it resulted in him sprawling, as if he was hugging the ground to keep from moving. It was kind of cute but did draw attention to them regularly and N'lis squirmed every time.

Currently neither of them were asleep, having just finished up tending to some itchy spots. Others usually had nap time next but Dalsuth usually needed to burn off a bit more energy and ran around a bit. They were about to do that when Dalsuth stopped, head tilting, and N'lis thought he was going to tip again. Instead he chirped excitedly and started prancing on the spot. Malvayth is here and wants to see us! Can we go?

N'lis' own excitement increased and he nodded. He hadn't been able to see the gold since he Impressed but knew she was proud to have him bond to one of her babies. Now he was able to properly show him off. "Of course! Out we go," he ushered his dragon out, though Dalsuth never needed the encouragement and once outside, he zoomed around the others, prancing and being genuinely happy. N'lis was reminded of some of the dogs they had on the farm when he was little and the way they jumped and barked when having fun outside.

Guess what, guess what! Dalsuth exclaimed to Malvayth--and everyone, really-- as he trotted here and there, N'lis and I have the same Hatching day! Isn't that cool? N'lis groaned. Once the little guy realised what a birthday was, it was all he wanted to tell everyone they met. N'lis had tried to pretend like it wasn't his birthday the day of the Hatching but his mother wished him a happy one and he couldn't stop thinking how Impressing had been one of the best gifts ever. And then it led to moments like this and he quietly took a few steps back attempting to blend into the shadows.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Another oiling. Seemed like the tenth one already today. Wringing the excess out of the cloth, she bent down to work on Jenath’s foreleg, paying particular attention to the parts that seemed the most abused by the frozen ground and still somewhat chilly weather. Jenath crooned, eyes sliding shut in the pleasure of it. Aederyn swore the green was already getting bigger. Or at least taller. Over the past few days, it seemed that every one of Jenath’s meals went to lengthening her already long limbs instead of filling her out. Well, that would happen eventually. Every dragon was more than a little different, that was for sure.

Jenath lazily opened her eyes again, warbling to her girl. Now that you’ve finished oiling my legs, I would very much like to stretch them. the green arched her back, letting her head go as far back as it possibly could, which was actually quite far, Aederyn noted, mildly jealous of the dragonet’s apparent flexibility, and rose from where she’s been lounging. We seem to have a visitor, too! With a bounce, the green trotted to the doorway, watching her girl expectantly. Well? Aren’t you coming?

“Of course, Jen. Give me a moment.” Standing, Aederyn worked sore hands into even more sore legs, trying to coax the muscles into releasing so she might walk more easily. Something in her back popped with a crackle, and, with a satisfied sigh, she followed after her green.

Jenath practically danced out the door, and yet, in having figured out how to keep her wings off of the ground, she seemed to have forgotten how her own legs worked. The redhead reached down to catch her silly creature before she tumbled, righting her and making her promise to slow down and stay close. A flurry of activity surrounded a very familiar gold, and Aederyn grinned. “Come Jen, let’s go say hello to your mother!” Her proposal was met with an enthusiastic chirrup, and they made their way to join the knot of dragonets and their people.

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

"Huh, where's everyone else going?" V'lis murmured as he rubbed some more oil onto Pharalth's belly. The brown cracked open an eye to look at him before answering, A visitor. Malvayth. "Oh, did you want to see her?" V'lis wasn't honestly sure if he did or not, especially after all of that Touching nonsense. They probably should, it was probably one of those things that looked good to other people. Pharalth didn't seem inclined to agree. It will be crowded. He paused a moment, rolling slightly so that his rider could get at another itchy spot as he considered. But it would be outside.

V'lis let out another sigh, knowing how much his dragon hated the ceiling and everything else about the weyrling barracks. "Come on then. I'll finish this up and grab a coat and we can go find a spot off to the side." Once he'd finished up they headed out, Pharalth immediately letting out an irritated growl as he quickly zoomed past his siblings to get past them into some open space off to the side. He gave V'lis a glare for daring to casually stroll along instead of running to catch up to him. "I'm too tired for running, Althy."

I hate that name. "Yeah, yeah. Is this a good spot?" V'lis looked around, hoping it would be fine. The gold was looming at the center of everything, but they could see her clearly enough, and no one else was within five feet of them. Pharalth marched around his wide, flapping his wings and thrashing his tail vigorously to make sure to keep their space clear before finally settling down to watch.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Malvayth looked upon her collection of babies, rumbling softly in delight. She had won all of these pretty things with their yellow and gold bellies! She supposed she wasn't entirely sure what else to do with them now that they were out of their shells, except check to make sure they were doing fine. The gold quietly peered at them all, the tip of her tail twitching as she eyed one after another. Yes, they were all absolutely gorgeous, she decided. She really had won her game quite well.

She turned to the little gold, head tilted as she considered the question. Until I am done I suppose. Or perhaps Sedath's question had been about her transfer? I will be leaving to another Weyr soon. At least, it was soon as far as she knew. Malvayth was just waiting for her precious rider at this point to finish packing her things and get ready for their camping trip. Which wouldn't be that day, or the next she thought, but still rather soon. She squirmed in delight at the thought. Yanth and Aradissicath will be around to tell you all stories! I made sure of it.

With a nod to the shy little green Malvayth chirped, I know! It means I can't fit in places so well as when I was little, but that's okay, I can see many tall things. Maybe you can also get tall, or you can pretend when you learn to fly. Yes, this seemed like good and appropriate wisdom.

Seeing N'lis was an absolute delight and she eagerly responded to Dalsuth. It is! It also is Cazan's Hatching day as well! It is a very good day and I am excited you all get to share it! A bit more privately to N'lis she added, I was so excited for you but Cazan said I should make sure you have time to rest too. I will miss you when I go. A quick glance at Aederyn had her giving her other oil helper a similar message, Cazan said I would have to leave my oil helpers behind when we left so you will have to oil yours instead of me. I will miss you and I am glad you get to help one of my babies.

Mal gave another pleased chirp at all of her little baby prizes, tail tip very carefully twitching. Even her grumpy brown was there! She gave him a soft chirp, but let him be by himself with his rider. So long as they took care of each other they would probably be fine, but she supposed that applied to all of her babies. Feeling especially wise she decided to say that part aloud for them all. Be good to your mates because you are my prizes and I have good prizes.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Dalsuth gave another chirp of excitement as he learned someone else shared their special day. It seemed like only the coolest people hatched on that day and he was okay with that! N’lis chuckled softly under his breath as he watched his dragon interact with Malvayth but startled when she spoke directly to him. It wasn’t unusual and they had had many conversations since the day he was brave enough to approach the gold pair but he hadn’t expected it then. She was clearly there for the babies and N’lis was fine standing back and letting them interact for a bit before the hunger or sleepiness drew them away.

He knew Malvayth was happy for him but hearing her say it made his eyes water. She was one of the few dragons that spoke with him and he never felt foolish around her no matter what he confided in her so her happiness and praise meant almost as much to him as R’nya’s did. But then she had to remind him that she would be leaving for another Weyr any day now and the tears did fall as N’lis forgot there were others around and he ran up to Malvayth to throw himself against her side in what counted as a hug considering their sizes. But it wasn’t the first time he had done such a thing but it very well could be the last.

“Thank you for being you, Malvayth. I’m going to miss you.” He didn’t know what else to say, especially in front of his classmates that he was now very much aware of and slowly stepped back from the large gold. Dalsuth was right beside him instantly, leaning against his side in comfort—or support, but he was going with comfort—and N’lis bent down to give his dragon a hug as well when he felt Dalsuth’s distress. “Malvayth is a friend of mine but she’s going to be moving far away so we won’t see her for a while. So I’m a bit sad but nothing to worry over.”

Oh no! That doesn’t sound good at all but I am glad we’ll still have stories. Those sound fun. Dalsuth turned his gaze up to Malvayth after he was certain his human would be fine. Will you come back? You won’t stay away forever? N’lis would very much like to see you again and you can show us your tricks! Dalsuth had taken an interest in watching the gold’s aerial shows every time they were outside and she was flying. N’lis had never had a chance to fly with Malvayth and wasn’t entirely sad he wouldn’t get to go on her wild ride she promised but now he worried she would teach his own dragon to spin and twirl like she did and his stomach dropped.

R'nar
of Green Anserath

Date of Birth
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
You should wake up

"Why should I?"

Because there is a surprise outside! Can't you hear?

"Aren't you tired?"

No let's go! Let's go!

R'nar really had no other choice but to get up, the small but chubby green flopping all over his legs. "You have to move Anny," he laughed as he swung his legs over the side of his bed. He was a little surprised that there really wasn't anyone in the room, though he could hear the squawk and giggles outside. He moved out, following the pale tipped tail of the dragonet in front of him. "Wings up Anny," he said with a soft and affectionate smile as the little green tightened her wings to her back. She'd gained a bad habit of dragging the tips over the last few days and it was everything R'nar could do to keep her wings up.

Did you know it was my R'nar's birthday too!? she shouted with glee as she bounced to a stop in front of Malvayth. And he tells the best stories! R'nar shook his head, a slight smirk on his full mouth as Anserath took the lead in this conversation. He didn't mind it at all and settled back out of the way so the small green could spend time with her dam. He nodded with a grin at the rest of the weyrlings as he waited for Anserath to be finished with her visit.

PA - First Post!

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

People could share hatching days? Fayath was delighted by the discovery and turned to A'mos, head tilted curiously. Do we have the same hatching day too? He chuckled and shook his head. "No, sweetheart. My birthday is still a long ways off. I'll let you know when it's getting closer okay?" Okay!

The little green turned her attention back to Malvayth, wondering if it was safe to get as close as some of her other siblings had. Dalsuth's rider had even gone up to hug her! Sensing the desire, A'mos gave her a gentle nudge. "Go on, I'll be right here."

As cute as it was that Fayath stayed so close to him, he really did want her to feel secure enough to go have fun and make friends. So with a little more prodding she left his side to go sit with her siblings, finding one to press her side against as she eagerly listened to the gold and all of the chatter from the rest of the dragonets.

A'mos smiled, happy to see her having fun. He turned to R'nar and gestured towards Anserath as he said, "She's cute. And happy belated birthday if all that is true."

PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim, fit from hard work at Katila
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Zarah woke abruptly, blinking until she was sure she was actually awake as she rolled over to find her lifemate who hadn't moved from her wallow. It felt like she'd been asleep for ages and even then it wasn't enough sleep at all.

"Time for oiling," she mumbled, "food?" This was directed at the very much not bothered Sedath.

Neither. But Malvayth has decided to visit before she leaves. She is not staying at this Weyr. I do not know why. But I am sure it will be an adventure, Sedath said, her tone sounding a bit excited by the prospect. Do all of us get to go on adventures?

"No, darling. I believe we're staying at Fort for a long while. You Impressed me here, so here I have to stay and where I go, you go."

Obviously. I cannot go anywhere without you, that would be stupid. One day I will fly and then perhaps I can go up without you but you are my lifemate and I am yours. That is the way of things. Dragon and rider, always. The bed creaked threateningly as Sedath leaned into it.

"Already thinking ahead, are you?" she asked with a soft laugh.

One day I will be big, too. It is a concept we will have to get used to, yes? Sedath said, recrossing her forelegs gracefully. I will still be perfect when I am grown. You will see.

"You're already perfect." She turned her attention to the queen outside her barracks and said, "Thank you for coming to say hello, Malvayth."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
“I’ll miss you too, Malvayth.” Aederyn gazed fondly at the big gold, a sad smile playing at her lips. Malvayth, mother of her own Jenath, and the dragon of one of the few friends she’d managed to make at the Weyr… It was a bittersweet moment, to be sure. She laughed a bit, looking at her dragonet with the warmest smile she’d worn in quite some time. “Oh, she’ll certainly need the oiling, too, with how she’s already growing. I’m glad I get to help her, too.”

She hoped she might be able to wish Cazan well before she left, but knew the goldrider would understand if she didn’t. Absently, she wondered how she might be able to continue her leather working practice with Cazan leaving…but there would be time enough for that. It would be something to pursue after weyrlinghood. And after Healer Hall training. Then she could pursue it more, perhaps…

We are good prizes. The little green crooned, preening and posing to show off her lanky frame for others to admire.

“Yes, yes you are, little luv.” Aederyn couldn’t help but agree. A dragon to call her own… She turned back to the gold, watching as Qui—N’lis—threw himself against her side in the sweetest hug, bringing tears glittering and threatening to fall from her eyes. My, what an emotional few days…“Thank you Malvayth. I am so glad to have one of your prizes to call my own. I promise to take the best care of her that I can and more.” She beamed at the little green, still poised just so and warbling happily, blue-green eyes whirling at the others surrounding them, so curious and eager to learn, and, she noticed, starting to tinge with hunger. It wasn’t a moment later that the now-familiar feeling tickled at the back of her mind and bottom of her own stomach. “Now, let’s get some more food in you, then back to bed.”

R'nar
of Green Anserath

Date of Birth
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Anserath was excited as Malvayth settled with them. The little green bounced in place as her sister came toddling over and Anserath glanced at her. You can sit with me, Fayath, she offered the other green and shifted over so Fayath could fit in with her. She didn't mind it and she could feel the deep approval for her actions from R'nar. She'd done good and the man wanted her to know it.

He grinned as A'mos joined him, the other greenrider was attractive and R'nar didn't hide the appraisal of him. He wasn't a shy and wilting flower, R'nar knew what he liked and he never tried to hide it from anyone. "She's pretty cute, I suppose," he laughed and nodded towards Fayath, "Is she a bit shy then?"

He chuckled again, nodding with a laugh. "It is," he admitted with that nod, "Anserath found out and wants everyone to know. And she's not quiet about it." He glanced back over to his green, making sure nothing was amiss as she futzed with her mother. Satisfied that she was being nice and was alright he looked back at the blonde candidate. "Bit difficult with them at first sometimes. Well, Anny likes to argue and she hasn't really shut up since waking up. And thanks," he said with a shrug, "Not many people told me that and it's appreciated."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)