World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.02.17 | And Flights of Firelizards In Their Heads...
8:30pm | Taydarell

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
After attending the Hatching, she knew she wanted to Stand someday. How awesome would it be to Impress a blue like her grandfather or even a green. Mama had gold so it seemed odd Zarel would Impress one but who even knew? It wasn't impossible and her mother had Stood for a long time, hadn't she? She took a bite, the last one, of the stew and decided she could do anything her mama could, right? She wasn't a baby, either. She was eleven and that was almost old enough to Stand!

How incredible would it be to Impress her very own dragonet at any Weyr--even Telgar which was so cold toes probably froze. She frowned a little, glancing around the dining hall as she looked for a familiar face that was missing. Where'd he go? No one was that fast of an eater, right?

Since Taydarell wasn't at dinner and she didn't want him to starve to death, she made up a plate to take to him because she could. What if he shrivelled up? How horrible. No one should miss dinner, that was for sure and not an especially good one, either, which this was. He was nice to her and she didn't want him to miss out on the bubblie pie she'd snagged him either. Her dark hair bounced around her shoulders as she walked the corridor to the room he shared with his brother T'pel and knocked briskly.

"Taydee!" she called, "You missed dinner. It's Zarel. I brought you some of the best stuff they had. And a bubblie pie fresh from the ovens. I asked special. Good bread, too, for dipping."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
His stomach hurt. A lot. Another rumble in his gut had him writhing on the stool next to the hearth, arms wrapped around his middle. Maybe he shouldn’t have had so much of that stuff...what had T’pel called it? Coffee? Well, whatever it was, it wasn’t klah. But, it did the job it was supposed to do. He didn’t want to risk being sleepy at all that day. He was sure the precious firelizard egg was going to hatch any time now! And if it took nasty coffee to make sure he was wide awake for it, then fine.

His stomach grumbled again. Or maybe he was just hungry. He hadn’t eaten, after all, since the breakfast he’d had at first light, when he’d had his first cup of that gross, smelly liquid. He downed the last of it that was in his mug. He’d lost track of how many cups he’d had, but the pot T’pel had made him that morning was gone.

Hopefully he wouldn’t need to make more. He didn’t watch his brother make the stuff, he was too busy keeping an eye on the egg, so he probably would’t do a very good job making the brew. Not like that lack of skill would make it worse, though. It was already pretty bad.

Footsteps outside signaled someone coming. T’pel? No, he was too busy hanging out with Kestra. And Ky wasn’t back yet. Plus T’pel usually came from the ledge anyway, either by Ky or using the outside steps up from the bowl. So who was it? His question was answered when that girl’s voice piped up and told him why she was there.

Maybe food would be a good thing.

“Come in! Door’s unlocked!” He called back, not really feeling like moving anyway. The egg needed watching, and his stomach still kinda hurt, too.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Okay," she called back and slipped in with her tray. "I saw you were gone from-- Ooh. You got an egg! That's why you missed dinner. How close to hatching is it?"

She passed the plate off to him immediately and crouched to look at it without touching the surface of the egg. It looked pretty hard, maybe like it was going to hatch any time. It must be so close to hatching that if you looked away it might pop! crackle! and the little creature would chirp like the gold had done until someone fed it.

Or something cute like that. Maybe it wasn't always cute, either, maybe it would be like that angry brown. It could be. Who knew? Not her!

Then again, maybe they were different than dragons to some degree. It could get weird. Things got weird all the time. She eyed Taydee and grinned.

"Can I sit with you and wait, too? I did go to the Fort Hatching where my ma Impressed the queen but we weren't sitting really close. I did get to take a piece of the shell. I was gonna get it made into a necklace for her."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

The smell wafted to him as soon as Zarel squeaked through the door. Another growl from his stomach and he determined that he must just be hungry. Just really, really hungry. His mouth started watering, too. Yes, hunger must be it. He eagerly reached for the tray as she bounced in, nearly tipping it into the floor though as he also tried to reach for her as she jumped down by his egg! But no, she didn’t touch it. She better not. And she did bring him food. He supposed he could let her stay, just for a little bit.

With a begrudging grunt, a spoonful of stew already occupying his mouth, he tried to talk around it. “Got it from da candidate mashter. Itsh gonn’ hatsh any time mow,” he mumbled before swallowing. Mmm, that was good. He swallowed again for good measure, trying to make sure the bite was all the way down before he scooped another one to his mouth. Thinking better of talking and eating at the same time, he eyed the spoonful as he spoke. “And I guess you can stay for a bit.”

The bowl emptied as his belly filled, and he found himself tearing at the bread as he listened to her tale. “Wow, the queen? That’s amaz—” He coughed, catching his own enthusiasm, but tried to make it look like the bread. If he was going to be a bronze rider someday, he couldn’t get so worked up over every single Hatching. Dragonriders saw lots of Hatchings. How was this any different? And he wasn’t there, so that was that, too. “That’s pretty neat.” He finished, much calmer.

His stomach seemed to have calmed since getting food into it, and he shifted to set the tray down beside the stool, next to where the small bowl of meat sat waiting for the tiny occupant of the egg. “Thanks for dinner, Zarrie. I guess I was kinda hungry.”

They stared at the egg shell for a bit. He rotated the pot and heaved a sigh. He got it almost a week ago. It should have hatched by now, right? The shell was all hard. The tiny little stretch-mark things had grown. Why didn’t he have his firelizard yet? With nothing to do but stare at the thing, he figured he might as well talk to Zarel. She was nice, after all. Like flowers. "Wanna split the pie?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Sure!" she said smiling as she settled further back from the egg after having her fill of looking closely at it. "I don't think I've honestly ever seen an egg this close before. It's big, too. What do you think is in it? Did you get it from the Candidate Master?"

It could be anything, really, but the larger eggs were usually gold, bronze, or brown. She hoped it was a bronze because Taydee deserved something awesome. He never go mad at her for running and he'd always been nice during classes and he was twelve already so he could actually Stand if he wanted. Shen had to admit she was a little jealous of that fact. She wished she were twelve right now!

Zarel bit her bottom lip, still staring at the egg with wide, dark, eyes.

"And do you have names you're considering or are you gonna wait for it to hatch? If it's a bronze, maybe Jasper, like the stone. It's pretty. That would work for a brown, too. Ma's got a brown she named Shard and he can do all sorts of tricks. Good messenger, too. Ma named him Shard because he's very intelligent but when he was small, he used to break her clay figurines by knocking them around with his tail. It's pretty long."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

The pie smelled so good! And tasted better! He licked his fingers as he gave half of the handheld pastry to Zarel. At least she had backed away from the egg. Eyes growing wide in disbelief at her questions, he stifled a laugh. “A bronze silly! I have been so great in all of my classes, and helped some riders oil dragons, and even helped clean up after messy creché, that the candidate master was so pleased he offered me a bronze!” Well…At least, that’s what T’pel had told him. And he was fine with that. He had been working hard. He bit his lip. He didn’t want to think about that, though. An egg was an egg, and a bronze was even better. “What, can’t you tell by the color shell?”

He watched her face fall slightly and suddenly felt kinda bad. She wouldn’t know, would she? She hadn’t been around them before. “It’s okay, Zarrie. They do kinda look alike if you haven’t seen them much, especially bronzes and browns.” He leaned forward conspiratorially. “I got to see almost the whole clutch when I went to pick it up with T’pel!”

Hunched forward, bent towards the hearth, his stomach took that moment to offer a threatening grumble. Uh oh. Maybe food hadn’t been a good idea. Or was it the coffee?

Rumble rumble.

Oh no.

His eyes went wide as a horrible hurt went all the way through his small stomach, cramping up his insides and making him wince. Desperately, he looked at the egg, sitting so serenely in the little pot of sand by the hearth. He looked at Zarel, then over toward the privy . He could wait, right? He was fine.

Rumble rumble.

Maybe not. His gut twisted hard, and he stood up, doubled over, his arms again wrapped around his middle. “Zarrie, watch the egg! I gotta go!” Half-waddling toward the necessary, and the pot waiting within, he cast nervous glances back toward the girl and his precious egg, groaning…did it just wiggle? No way. It hadn’t moved all day. It would be fine for a couple minutes. Or more. Another wave of awful cramps made his insides make awful noises, and he groaned, frustrated. “Let me know if it does anything!”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I bet seeing the clutch was pretty awesome," she said with a nod. Technically, she'd get her egg next turn when she was twelve but it was such a long wait -- worth it, sure, but long. "Oh, I see what you mean about the colour. I suppose it is bronzey, now that I look at it."

And then she looked up to see Taydee making a run for it. Oh no. She'd taken her eyes off the egg for two seconds and snapped them back on it dutifully.

"Better hurry," Zarel said, her voice a little anxious. The egg shivered a little. "I'm pretty sure it just wobbled. I know I didn't just imagine it."

OH. IT JUMPED.

"Taydee, it's moving!" she hissed. "I can hear him tapping on the egg, I swear."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Taydarell thought he heard the girl say something and his brow furrowed as he tried to make sense of what sounds he heard. His thoughts were interrupted, though, by his stomach twisting in on itself. and hurriedly, he closed himself into the tiny room, hoping the stone walls of the weyr would both allow him to hear what was happening outside, and yet still block the girl out there from hearing anything about what was going inside.

He mercifully allowed his poor stomach some relief. What had done this? Was it the stew? The pie? He did feel bad right after the pie…oh, no…the coffee! He hadn’t been feeling good since he’d been drinking it…maybe he should have stuck with klah…

“What?” He yelled. His stomach flipped, and he doubled over himself again, groaning. He hated feeling sick. And this was the worst kind. His insides were doing somersaults and he knew he was going to be in there for a while. He determined he never, ever wanted to touch that nasty coffee ever again. He was sure it was that stuff that did this to him. Why did people think that stuff was good if it made your insides try to become your outsides?

The girl was trying to tell him something about the egg, but his insides were so unhappy he had a hard time focusing on what she said. “I didn’t hear you!”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

This was bad. Taydee was in the necessary, she was with the-- THERE. It definitely rocked. It would hatch without him if he didn't hurry up! She lifted the egg with its pot and banged into the privy door with her head as she went to knock.

Ow.

"TAYDERELL, THE EGG," she yelled, her voice breaking a little. She didn't want to have his bronze hatch in her arms but it was totally kicking up a fuss now. "The egg is doing things. What do I do? Shove it in with you?"

CRACK. Scrabble. Crack.

"It's gonna hatch right now! Oh no..." What would have happened if she hadn't come? Would that be worse? The egg was making shuffling sounds now. "Hold on until Taydee gets out, little man. You hear me in there?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

“What are you doing?!” Voice cracking, he shuffled his clothing around to try and cover himself up as the door threatened to fling open., and then it dawned on him what she was trying to do! She was bringing him the egg! “Oh, yes!” He leaned forward, calling back out to the Zarel. “And don’t forget the meat! If I don’t feed it, it’s gonna fly off for food and won’t Impress at all!” He was practically screaming now, and his poor stomach still hated him, but his firelizard was hatching! His bronze was hatching! He’d earned that egg, and he was gonna get it, too!

He leaned forward again and was just able to unlatch the door. Another rumble of his insides kept him where he sat, and abandoning hopes of retaining any dignity, he waited eagerly for his friend to return.

“Hurry up Zarrie!”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

She was definitely hurrying but she couldn't carry the meat bowl and the bowl with the sand, too. Instead, she put the egg tucked against the crook of her arm, cradling it against her, and hauled the meat bowl in the other.

"I've got it, I have. Meat too." The hairs at the back of her neck rose as she twisted the knob to the privy door.

Seven different alarm bells went off in her head at that moment because, with a jerk and a shudder, the egg hatched just as she was coming through the door and there was a creeling firelizard clinging to her hair and shoulder. The door had crashed inward, the meat bowl rolled and--

"Oh no, no, no. No!" she cried, watching the creature's eyes whirl red and orange from hunger. "Taydeee, stuff something in his face! Ouch. Sharp little daggers. Go to Taydee, silly thing! He's your boy. Go to him!"

The bronze was all wings and legs and the creeling/hunger feeling was awful like she hadn't eaten in days but-- Oh. He must Impress Tayderell! He must.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

The door crashed open and she was holding a ball of eggshell and firelizard—firelizard??—and the bowl of meat tumbled to the floor, and—

“Oh noooo!” He wailed, watching in utter despair as the bowl spilled away from where he sat! He leapt forward, tangled in his own trousers around his ankles, scrabbling at the floor and—the bowl! He reached for the bowl and flung it over, but no morsels remained. “No, no no no!” He shrieked, features drawn in a terrible grimace as tears threatened to spill down his cheeks. The little bronze must be sooo hungry! If he didn’t eat—

“ZARRIE, FEED HIM!” He watched helplessly from the floor, backside in the air, and completely unable to get out the door to the meat morsels sitting tauntingly just outside his reach. Zarel stood right in the way with the firelizard, his firelizard, and he had nothing to offer the stupid thing! He screamed at the girl, hoping to at least startle her into moving. “FEED HIM BEFORE HE FLIES AWAY!” He knew he couldn’t get himself up in time, and the meat was out the door, on the other side of Zarrie, and there was no way he could get to it in time without risking hurting the fragile little thing. The tears spilled over as he watched her, hurt and embarrassed and frustrated. He had been so close!

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

She did as he said, quickly getting one morsel after another into the little guy before she realised she could feel him in her head. She was silently crying because she'd just Impressed Taydee's bronze just by trying to get it to him. And the Impression was wonderful and terrible all at once. What kind of friend was she if she Impressed his bronze?

It was horrible.

Zarel sniffled for a moment.

"You should feed him, too," she said softly.

"I'm so sorry. I tried really hard to get him to you." What would have happened if she hadn't been here? The creeling ceased as the firelizard nuzzled her hand. He wasn't quite full yet.

"Taydee? Please name him."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

With an exasperated growl, Taydarell pulled his tunic around himself, yanking his trousers up. Cheeks flushed with embarrassment and outrage, he glowered at the girl holding his firelizard. How dare she? How dare she Impress his firelizard? His bronze? He stood there seething for a moment, lip quivering and tears streaming angrily down his cheeks. He watched the pair for a moment, the flit now contentedly nuzzling the girl’s hand.

He choked back a sob. He’d been waiting for so long! He felt another sob building in his chest, and he hiccuped, trying to fight it back down. T’pel had helped him pick it up from the candidate master! What would he think? All of the hurt, frustration, shame, and anger finally showed itself as a small, whimpering wail. Low, sad, and completely uncontrollable, the sound escaped before he had any chance to try and stop it. Not like he cared now, though. She had a firelizard. She had a bronze. His bronze. For a fleeting moment, he thought that seeing her with it was far worse than it going feral, after all.

All of the upset made his stomach rumble once more, and, with one more mighty glare, he slammed the privy door shut, leaving him and his stomach to their own rumblings, away from Zarel and the little bronze.

After his insides had finally emptied themselves, and he’d had a chance to settle, he begrudgingly came back out into the main living area, hoping she’d be gone with her prize and he could sulk in peace. But no, she was still there, kneeling by the hearth now, the little flit curled, sound asleep, into the crook of her arm. Her eyes were puffy, and her face all blotchy. Had she been crying too? Good.

Without a word, he sat down, frowning at the pair. The little bronze did at least look happy. He was a pretty thing, too. The tears welled fresh in his eyes again. Pretty, and not his. He blinked the tears away furiously, determined not to let them show.

“Jasper.”

His voice was low and sounded like he’d gargled sand.

“Jasper is a good name.”

Eyes flashed with fury as another thought occurred to him. “And don’t you dare tell anyone how this happened! If you do, I’ll…” he balled his hands into fists, but it was an empty threat, he knew. He didn’t hit girls. Even if they stole his firelizard egg. And he was still too sad about the whole thing to fight about it. He just wanted to be alone now…

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Okay. Jasper he is." It was a good name and matched the red of the stone she had pictured in her mind. Zarel paused to stare up at him, looking shocked.

"I'd never tell anyone," she said in a very quiet voice. "Why on Pern would I? You're...a friend and friends don't tell things like this. We'll make up a story and it'll be--"

She had watched the pot, had tried so hard to get it to him, and then mucked everything up. His anger made her back away a little towards the door.

"Don't be mad at me forever, Tayderell. Please. I couldn't bear it." The bronze, sensing her sadness, crooned, stretching out his head for Taydee to pet if he wanted. His girl wanted to make something right, after all.

"I'll find you the best egg I can and make it up to you, I promise. Maybe two."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

He screwed his face up in the biggest scowl he could manage, flinching away from the little bronze like it was a tunnel snake. He didn’t want anything to do with it now. Heat flushed his face again and he bit his lip, shaking his head. “Just…go away.” His voice wavered from anger to sadness, and he sniffled. “You’ve done plenty already, Zarel.” He glared at her, confusion and sadness in her eyes. He felt bad for making her feel bad, but she started it. She Impressed his firelizard.

It was by accident, though…she was trying to help. He was upset and angry, and he wanted so badly to blame something. It wasn’t his fault, was it? No! It couldn’t have been. He couldn’t blame himself for it. He supposed he could blame the coffee…but blaming a drink didn’t make sense…nothing made sense. Well, he wanted to blame something and the girl in front of him was the only thing left. Hmph.

“And I’ll be mad for however long I want.” Taydarell punctuated his point with a fist pounding the chair next to his thigh. And how did she expect to get more eggs?! The thought stung like ocean water on a skinned knee, and his pout deepened. She was making her way to the door, her prize—Jasper—in hand. At least she was leaving now.

Before she slipped out, he whipped around to face her on his seat, eyes pleading. “Just…promise to take the best care of him, okay?” The tears threatened to spill again as he waited anxiously for her reply. She would, he knew. She was always the most thoughtful girl in creché, always trying to be helpful and kind to everyone…but he wanted to hear her say she’d take care of the little bronze. Just to make sure.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

His words hurt so much and her eyes kept getting wider as tears fell from them. He sounded like he was going to be angry forever and never forgive her. Still, she marshalled herself as best as she could.

"I'll take the best care of him ever, I promise, Taydee."

Her eyes filled up and her nose ached and she wiped at her eyes with the back of her hand. He hated her, now, and it wasn't even her fault. She'd been doing everything she could to get him his firelizard.

Everything, even embarrassing him in the process and now he was going to be so angry every time he saw her.

"He'll be the best looking, oiled, and handsome bronze in the Weyr. And I will make this up to you, somehow. I never back out of a promise. I know I can't fix it now and I...I know you're angry at me but somehow, I'll make it right."

Maybe when he wasn't so angry with her they could-- They could do things again. She shut the door behind her, walked a little, and then dissolved into tears, sniffling and sliding down the wall. She'd never, ever stay around anyone's firelizard egg again. She'd never, ever get that close if it was going to cost her a friend like she was pretty sure just happened.

The little firelizard crooned as she cried, his eyes whirling in sleepy distress.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
9.4.729, 15
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average, a bit skinny.
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Pursed lips drew into a frown as he nodded at her, his face more sadness than anger now. He watched her disappear out the door, and he was pretty sure he heard her sniffling outside. The slight feeling of satisfaction that he had earlier, knowing she felt bad, too, didn’t feel as good, now. His stomach hurt, but not like it did earlier. He moved to curl up on the couch, drawing his knees to his chest and holding them against him, hoping it would make him feel better.

But no, this was a different hurt. This was the kind of hurt, like when he did something he knew he wasn’t supposed to do…which didn’t happen often now, because he had to be good if he was ever going to Stand at a Hatching, but he still knew the feeling. But…he hadn’t done anything wrong! He had every right to yell! And to make her leave! She took his firelizard! Right…?

But she hadn’t meant to do that. And she had been trying to help, to bring the egg to him, and she hadn’t meant for the stupid thing to hatch in her arms. It wasn’t on purpose. It was just an accident. A really, really dumb accident.

His lip quivered again, but he wasn’t sure now if it was out of feeling mad, or sad…or guilty. Maybe he shouldn’t have yelled. Not wanting to think about that, still upset and embarrassed by the whole thing, he stood with a huff and started to pick up the mess they’d made. A few meat morsels were still scattered around, slimy and gross. And the bowl. And pieces of eggshell. T’pel and Kyrionth would be home soon, and he knew his brother didn’t like big messes. He’d hate it if he stepped on a piece of meat barefoot…

He’d have to explain what happened, too. Grrrr… Well, he was in the bathroom and it hatched and he didn’t impress. Plain and simple. Maybe he’d explain the whole thing later, after this other hurting feeling went away. If it went away.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)