World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.14 | Just a little dragon fever
6pm | Open

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Maliah found weyrs and weyr life fascinating. Everything about it was colorful from the people to the dragons and drew the eye. She was allowed a little more freedom in a weyr than she had been the hold and it was doing wonders for her. She sat nestled in a corner, charcoal, and paper in her lap as she sketched.

She'd never attempted to do something before she'd been sent to Jalazmar's household but when she'd gotten there, the talent blossomed. Mostly because she was allowed to have some kind of education as brief and limited as it was.

Her brow was furrowed with concentration as she tried to remember the various different poses and actions the weyrlings had done when they'd impressed. Some of them already committed to paper and charcoal. Maybe she'd be nice and give one or two of them a picture. Wings spread, tails tucked, and mouths agape. She pulled the paper away, staring at it before starting again.

She was going to need more before too long, she thought as a shadow moved into her light. "You're in my light," she said without looking away from her sketch, "Move."

PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kor'is was humouring Taith by going for a stroll side by side around the Weyr as the dragon decided to be nostalgic for what wouldn't be his home soon. Having regrets already? We haven't even left yet.

No! I want to stay with Malvayth though I'll miss my other siblings. But I was born here. I met you here. Taith replied, a bit solemn for once. Kor'is sighed and gave Taith's side a pat. We haven't even seen Telgar Weyr yet. You will love it and we can visit here if we really have to. Kor'is didn't think there would be a need, at least not to see the walls of this place. Taith would forget about it soon enough with the love he would undoubtedly have for Telgar.

As they neared the dining cavern, Kor'is announced he wanted a hot drink because the cooler weather still didn't agree with him. So naturally moving further north made so much sense. As he entered, he saw a girl curled up and drawing. You should say hi. He didn't, and kept walking to go make a tea.

A few minutes later and the girl was still there. Go say hi! You're clearly interested in what she's drawing. Maybe you can show your work, too! A hand went to his satchel where his sketchbook was housed. Not many got to see his work but going to see what the girl was doing wouldn't hurt and it would get Taith to stop pestering him.

It's mostly because you're curious. Kor'is ignored Taith and walked over to the girl, casually sipping his tea when he got there.

"That's normally my line," Kor'is snorted softly but he did take a step to the side so he wasn't blocking the light. He knew how annoying that was, especially when someone was doing it intentionally to bug him or get his attention. He supposed he was kind of doing it for the latter as well and was almost amused by how it didn't work and the girl pulled his own stunt of ignoring him.

"The tails aren't stubby enough," he pointed out after seeing a couple of sketches he thought might be dragonets. It was hard to tell with the art being upside down to him and the way she cradled the paper but he felt he was right in the assessment.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"Does it usually work?" she asked as her hand continued to move. She tilted the paper, cocking her head as she studied it. She was fairly new to the whole sketching thing and had found a talent for it and a love for it. Listening to his little comment was annoying even if she knew that deep down she appreciated it. She wanted to ignore it, toss her head, and frown at him until he was cowering in the corner but Maliah was pretty sure she wouldn't get very far with that.

She growled and scrubbed the tails until they were gone before she started drawing again. She shortened them, making the tails stubby as he suggested, and sniffed when she realized he was right. She finally glanced up to see who was interrupting her. Bluerider. Cranky by the look of the wrinkles she could see starting. "Well beastie," she said with a nod, "Apparently you were right and they did need to be stubbier."

She studied him a little more, head still cocked, and tried to remember his name. There were a lot of dragonriders in a weyr and Mali couldn't say that she'd met every single one. "I can't seem to remember who you are," she said, "I can keep calling you beastie but people seem to get pissed when I do that, so unless you like it, I'm gonna need your name."

PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor’is watched as the woman took his advice and being so cranky about it. There was something extra satisfying about not only being right but having the person begrudgingly admit to it as well. But they did look a lot better and more like freshly hatched dragons. Her drawings were fairly decent overall as well and Kor’is wondered if she had studied with a Harper or was self-taught like himself.

He was busy studying her page from his odd vantage point when he was asked for his name and Kor’is glanced up to see she had been studying him. He took that moment to return the favour since she made it sound like they should know each other. She didn’t seem familiar at all but he’d been busy with weyrlinghood for the past year so perhaps their meeting was long ago? Or she just figured she should know him. Or maybe it was her very unusual way of flirting. She didn’t need his name right away for any reason.

“Beastie is just an A plus bestie,” Kor’is stated, straight-faced as he played on the spelling in a slight pun. “I suppose I can call your Stubby in return since the dragon tails are the most memorable thing about you so far.”

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

The return study didn't bother her, sitting there with a raised brow waiting for his assessment to be finished. There was something always so arrogant about dragonriders when they stood watching a person, not that she minded usually but she was already a little annoyed by his critique of her drawings. She might have admitted he was right but she didn't have to like it. "I can't say that you're wrong," she snorted with a shake of her head.

"A joke is better than flipping your shit about it," she continued with a shrug. Most people, usually women, didn't appreciate when Maliah called them beastie. It wasn't like she was saying they were ugly but they never let her get that far with explanations. What could she do? Couldn't control the way she made people feel, that was their problem and not hers after all. She used to care about it, mostly for her mother and sibling's sake, but now.. Now she'd been given a taste of freedom and there was no going back for Maliah.

"Being Stubby might be the only memorable thing about me," she smirked at him with flashing green eyes, "But at least I don't have wrinkles." She punctuated the words by raising her hand to touch between her eyes lightly. "Oh dear, dear," she tsked with sympathy, "And here I thought dragonriders stopped aging when they impressed."

PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

He knew for a fact that he didn’t have wrinkles and didn’t rise to the bait by even touching his forehead. She was likely referring to the frowning he kept doing at her work that furrowed his brows and insulting his looks was going to make her feel better. “Nice try but I know I’m wrinkle-free and I Impressed just over a year ago so I’ll be looking this good for years to come. While you on the other hand, my poor dear Stubby, seem to be moving swiftly into your declining years.” Not knowing her age, Kor’is figured she was early to mid-twenties and she still looked rather good but it was close enough to the truth. He leaned in just a bit, examining her face closely before giving a gasp. “Is that… a little grey, right in your hairline at your temples?” He smirked as he straightened back up.

This isn’t what I had in mind when I encouraged you to talk to her, Taith pouted in his mind and Kor’is ignored him. He knew perfectly well that the dragon wanted him to make friends and that just wasn’t going to happen. At least, it didn’t happen without a long and challenging road for the person who thought themselves worthy of his friendship.

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Sure about that?” she smirked at him, “I hear sometimes we don’t see our own faults in the mirror. Might want to look again.” He didn’t have wrinkles, of course, but Maliah wasn’t going to tell him that. She grinned at him when he went on and on. He seemed to enjoy listening to his own voice. “It is what it is,” she said with a shrug of slender shoulders, “I can’t change that fact ya know? But at least I won’t be tied down to a single fate. Shame really.”

It wasn’t and she was utterly fascinated by the entire concept of dragons and dragonriders, her brother was one after all but why waste a moment to dig at him? She scoffed when he insisted she had grey hair. She didn’t and it was annoying that he said she did but the hell if she was going to let him see how much it got to her. A single brow cranked up and she hand waved the insult away. “Afraid I’ll look more distinguished than you?” she said and tossed her head bit, “More sophisticated and worldly? Hair’s hair my dear beastie and I can always dye it, but your wrinkles… I don’t think there’s much you can do for those frown lines between your eyes.”

PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor’is rolled his eyes as she kept on the path of wrinkles. He was done with trading barbs about appearances but it seemed she really did obsess over her own looks with the way she went on and on about them both. He was fairly sure she woke every morning and found the nearest shiny surface to examine herself for wrinkles and grey hairs. She probably barely ate as well, worried she would put on the slightest bit of weight. Another glance up and down her body left him wondering if maybe she was trying to lose weight. She was on the curvier side to a lot of the women that roamed the halls.

But that was another easy and now boring target. The one that caught his attention more was how she thought being tied to a dragon was a single fate and possibly a doomed one. He didn’t buy that for a second. “At least I can say I won’t be alone forever with a dragon beside me. Besides, I’m not the one hanging around a Weyr and drawing baby dragons with fervour.” She definitely protested too much about her appearance and her disinterest in Impressing but she gave herself away with the sketches and how quickly she had jumped to take his suggestion to make them better.

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"Oh honey," she pursed her lips with a sad shake of her head, "Babykins, sweet beastie, I'm never alone unless I want to be." He could take that however he wanted, it was no skin off her nose. She glanced back at the drawing she'd made, admiring the lines and curves of the images she'd put down on paper. She'd never admit he was getting under her skin. But only just a little, Maliah had dealt with holders with more snot than this dragonrider had and for a lot longer. Beat them off with a stick as soon as her tits started growing. Sad really.

"I'm pretty sure my brother would be awfully disappointed if I missed the impression of all those babies," she said with another smirk. She doubted F'drel would care much whether she missed the hatching of Fort babies but she could pretend. "Besides," she went, "Even I'm not so stupid to think dragons are some terrible and ugly thing. They aren't whers after all and they have nice lines, gotta learn how to perfect my drawing some way, and what better way than in a weyr hmmm?"

She studied him with a jaundiced eye from head to toe, sniffing in dismissal as she did so. "So.." she said, "Still no name beastie?"

PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor’is was close to making a quip about how he was certain she was never alone but that she also never made any sort of connections when she bed-hopped but refrained. It hit a bit too close to home given his own inability to let people in and he wasn’t going to present that little crack in his armour to this woman. You’re getting better! You and Malvayth’s rider are friends now after all. Were they? Maybe they were. He tolerated her a bit more now and the sex was great so that probably counted as a friendship.

“I’m sure you do everything your brother or anyone tells you.” Right. Like this sassy bitch ever listened to anyone without enough rank to back it up. Even then, Kor’is suspected she still gave them sass in one form or another before complying and bitching the entire time. “I beg to differ. You are kind of stupid to be sitting here instead of out asking a dragon to sit for you. Kind of hard to perfect your skills when you’re only going off of a flawed memory.” He had perhaps been studying Cazan too much lately but he was a lot more confident in his lines and drawing more realistic figures now.

Kor’is took a sip of his tea that was starting to cool off to a decent temperature as he debated names. Then he smirked. “No, still no name.” While their interaction was close to being called enjoyable, Kor’is still turned on his heel and started to walk away but did pause to toss over his shoulder, “not sure why you care so much about the name of a bluerider with wrinkles.”

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"Used to," she said with another smirk and shrug, "Better than getting my ass beat regularly." Not that she'd been horribly abused but holders weren't exactly nice to their drudges. It was luck that they'd been given to Jalazmar as a gift. Maliah was pretty sure if she'd had to remain where she'd been born she'd probably be broken. It was even better luck that Jalazmar and his wife were relatively nice people.

"Is it stupid though?" she rolled her eyes before flipping to a new page, "Or is it smarter to practice memory skills? Faulty memory or poorly thought-out insults.. Everything needs to be practiced right? Besides not every dragon wants to be bothered and Halomirth deserves a break." Charcoal and hand drifted over a new sheet of paper, starting lines of a cranky old man with wrinkles and Kor'is' eyes. "Because beastie," she said, "I always like to know the names of the people insulting me so I shortsheet the right bed."

PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

“It’s smarter to practice from memory when you actually know what something looks like so you aren’t constantly drawing something wrong,” Kor’is replied with another eye roll. The girl was dense if she thought seeing a dragonet once was good enough to continue drawing from. She’d already proven she sucked at it with the tail length. There wasn’t anything wrong with using a model—whether they wanted to be one or knew they were. I would pose for her! Kor’is had no doubt of that but didn’t relay the message. We aren’t even going to be in the Weyr much longer so no point in getting cozy with her, Taith. She had also mentioned F’drel’s dragon which meant she was likely from Ista and would be heading home soon.

“And I thought you liked a challenge going from your method of drawing. Giving you a name narrows down the thousands of beds scattered throughout four Weyrs, Stubby. Why would I take that away from you?” Once she had his name, she then had to find his weyr—which would be challenging given he was moving in the next few days. And it wasn’t like a lot of people tracked his movements, so good luck to her. He started walking again and without looking back, lifted a hand and gave her a little finger wave.

Date of Birth
07.10.719 ,
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"You're assuming this is the first time I've ever seen a hatching, eh?" she laughed and continued her quick sketch of Kor'is. "Practice still makes perfect, beastie, whether you think it's a waste of time doing it from memory or not." She was quite enjoying her little back and forth with the bluerider, got her juices flowing, and her imagination going.

"Don't worry," she said with a shrug and blew a gentle breath across her paper to remove some of the charcoal bits, "I'll figure it out and maybe pay you a visit." She grinned at her little threat, knowing full well that she'd either never find out who he was or figure it out and lace his sheets with some kind of itching plant. Bet she could find something. There were plenty of healers around Fort and one of them had to know what she could use. She wondered how well she could draw him without wrinkles. She'd show F'drel, maybe her brother would know who he was and she'd play her little game.

"Tootles, beastie," she called out as he walked away with her own little finger wave that might have only involved her middle one, "I'll be sure to find some wrinkle cream for you when I find your weyr!"

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)