World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.02.14 | A Little Oil Goes A Long Way
3pm | Aederyn & Jenath

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Elloren technically was supposed to be on a dragon homeward bound in about two hours but she was all packed and ready to go, her bag atop her Candidate bed. That meant she had time to kill and that time went into finding Aederyn to wish the woman and her green Jenath well.

She might not have Impressed but that didn't mean much as she was still excited and thrilled to have been on the Sands. She hadn't Impressed at Telgar, either and it hadn't slowed her down any. In fact, it made her determined to keep Standing.

"Hello, there Jenath and Aederyn," she said with a grin, carefully dancing around a bit as she juggled a can of oil in one hand and cloths in the other. "Congratulations on your Impression! She's very lovely and she'll be such a flier when she grows into those wonderful wings of hers."

Elloren was wearing clothes that could be easily soiled and washed as she set down her burden, so it didn't really matter what go on her.

"I was told to get you some oil for your lifemate. I'm not leaving for a few hours yet, so I thought I'd come check in on you and yours. May I help you oil her?"

Arrow pffed in from between, chittering, and then picked up a cloth. He was ready to help, too!

PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
“You really are a bottomless pit, aren’t you?” Aederyn held yet another morsel of meat out for her dragonet, who took it and chewed delicately before swallowing, warbling in delighted satisfaction.

II cannot help that I’m hungry. She peered at the bowl in her girl’s hands, nosing halfheartedly against Aederyn’s shoulder where she sat on the floor by the wallow. But I suppose I am full for now. A few other new pairs were making their way in and out of the weyrling barracks, allowing both human and dragon to stretch their legs, and the green warbled curiously. Might we go for a walk? I’d like some sun.

Aederyn stood, passing the near-empty bowl to another new rider with a still-hungry dragon. No sense wasting meat. “I suppose. But it is cold. You’ll dry and itch if we’re out too long.” Shards, this was already exhausting…She’d been up at the crack of dawn to feed the ever hungry creature, oil her, and back to sleep for a precious few hours before repeating it all again. She hoped, hoped against hope, that they both might get some solid sleep tonight.

The green tilted her head at the doorway, eager to be out. That’s fine. We don’t have to be out long… She stretched mightily, arching her back like a feline and making her long legs look even more gangly.

With a sigh, the redhead stood, guiding the dragonet outside and nodding to the weyrlingmaster and dragon stationed outside, letting them know where they were going and what for. After an easy stroll around a portion of the bowl, Jenath found a suitable spot of sun where the snow had melted off and plopped down, her young frame a bit tired from the exertion. “Well, are you ready to go back inside for some oiling?”

No. I like it out here. There’s lots to watch.

“Fine.” She sighed, too tired to object. After a few minutes, some movement caught her eye, and the other redhead, Elloren, approached, pot of oil in hand and a blue firelizard in tow. She offered to help oil, and Aederyn could have cried with relief. She offered a smile.

“Oh, yes, that would be lovely, thank you!”

Oh, look! Another rudi! The green lifted her head from her forelegs, listening intently to the chittering the creature made.

“That’s not—oh, never mind.” Aederyn shook her head and shrugged, taking a cloth from the taller girl and dipping it into the oil. “By the way, I hope I didn’t hurt you…I didn’t mean to tac—well, I meant to do that, but I was just trying to get us out of the way…”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"Oh, I was fine," Elloren said with a laugh. "I am so pleased you Impressed such a beautiful green. Jenath, right? I'd be envious if I could be but I'm not. There are still so many Hatchings to be had and so far the ones I have been at have been delightful."

She sat and set the oil nearby, helping when and where she could.

"I hope they all are but I know not every one can be as nice as this one, Save for that very angry brown, it was really nice."

PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“Thank you,” She chuckled a bit, gazing fondly at Jenath and stifling a yawn. “I’m glad you were there, really. Not all Hatchings are as…easygoing as this one was.” Even if it was at an inconvenient hour. She hadn’t slept hardly at all… “I do hope you find your lifemate soon. I’m sure someone will find you soon enough.”

This young woman really was quite a delight, though that could just be the lack of sleep talking. Aederyn took another oil-soaked cloth from her and passed the first back for more. It was a real shame that she’d distanced herself from Elloren so. She’d unknowingly deprived herself of yet another amiable acquantance. How silly of her to think that Alekse had been after [I]her/[I]…definitely not his type, and it wouldn’t have been a good match.

Who is Alekse? Was he…hunting? But not you? The green peered first at Aederyn, then at the other girl. Did people hunt each other? How curious…she would have to ask others how, and why, that was a thing…

Sleepy eyes snapped open, big and round, at her dragonet’s questions. ‘No, that’s not…” A flush started to creep up her neck, and the other redhead had the expected questioning look on her face. “I’m sorry, I…” Her tired mind wasn’t allowing her to properly compose her thoughts, and she blinked back and forth between the dragonet and the girl for a moment before attempting to explain, looking to each in turn. “Alekse is my brother. And no, not hunting. I don’t think. Not that way.” She shook her head, brow furrowed. “He sent me letters that he was going to Benden after a girl. I thought that was you, for a bit, but it’s…Sedath’s…Zahrah.” Unable to elaborate further, she shrugged.

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"It's alright," she said with a soft laugh, dipping the oil-soaked cloth into her bucket and then squeezing it out. "Mistaken identity's just one of those things that happens in a situation like that. At least it does int he books I read. Hatching alone is enough to worry about. Mmm. Sounds like your brother made a love match."

She headed the cloth back. Honestly, all that squeezing would be enough to make her want to sleep for turns. Why didn't more people help? It would be so much better if they had some helpers, like the quiestest of the creche or something. Was being in misery a part of the program?

Maybe it was just Fort Weyr or maybe just because it was early days.

"Did you want tea or klah? I can be right back with some," she said, wiping her hands on the towel at her waist.

PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“If I have tea or klah now, I won’t sleep at all later, however tired I may be. Thanks for the offer, though.” She gave the other girl a wan smile, watching her eyes take in the various tasks and experiences of not only herself and Jenath, but of all the other newly paired, too. She watched her for a moment before she spoke again. “Let the idea of all of this get comfortable in your head. If and when you ever Impress, we can promise you, it’s a dozen times again more exhausting than you think it is.” She laughed, eyeing the little green.

Jenath yawned, eyes settling into a slow, sleepy whirling. I am tired, now, too. Can we go back inside? I like sun, but it is still warmer inside. I want to sleep where it’s warm.

Aederyn gazed adoringly at the dragonet—Her dragonet—before looking back up at the other woman. “But oh, is it worth it!”

She sighed and lightly rubbed Jenath’s eye ridges. “Come, little luv. Let’s go back inside, then.”

The pair started back the scant few yards to the door of the barracks, and the tired girl looked back over her shoulder at her oiling helper. “Thanks for the help, Elloren. And best wishes wherever you may Stand.”

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

"It's always worth it," she said softly, watching the pair. "Even the sleep deprivation. I am absolutely thrilled for you, even if you are exhausted. I'm heading back to Benden soon, here, but...oh, you did so well to Impress each other."

She smiled and when they were done and the green said she was sleepy, well. That was just too adorable.

"Sleep well Jenath. And Aedeeryn, too, while you can," she added with a wink. "You're so welcome. I'm glad I could help."

The exhaustion wouldn't be too bad once the dragonet had more control over herself and wasn't growing at such a rapid rate. Elloren moved inside, heading toward the dining hall to get some klah for herself and then to wash up a little.

One day, that would be her with her newly Impressed dragonet. One day.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)