World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.02.14 | A Spot of Concern
9am | L'gan

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
With all the Hatching commotion, Sariel barely had time to get the twins out to creche before she found herself alone for a few moments. She let out a long sigh and closed her eyes as Cirith peered in at her from her spot on her couch, her eyes whirling happily.

What a whirlwind it had been.

And a new Fortian goldrider to add to the mix!

That was exhaustingly satisfying and the woman looked like she could handle herself, too. At some point, she'd do a proper meet and greet but it was early days yet. Right now, Sariel was definitely keeping her morning to herself. She was going to bathe until she was wrinkled and limp.

Not too long, please, the gold chirped brightly. You have been very tired of late and it is not just yourself you need to think of, now. Can you not sense the change? The young gold's words brought her to a stop in her wanderings and then she was through the partition to stare at Cirith for a long moment. Certainly, she had been more tired but noticing it hadn't been on her list of things of late what with Erebuth and B'kit's injuries. She had been so focused on that and graduating that she--

You are clutching! Like Malvayth's! This is wonderful. It is a celebration! Yes? Cirith craned her neck and gently nudged her tiny rider. She backtracked and decided it must have been Turn's End when she and L'gan had last-- Oh, she hadn't even given thought to the fact she was late. No, no, she wasn't going to let it bother her right now. She was going to have a soak, wash her hair, float for a little while and de-stress from worry. Then she'd tackle this newest issue with her husband.

~*~

After luxuriating in the bath for a full hour, she finally got dressed in a soft velvet purple dress that fit with the waistline under her breasts. She pulled on a warm fur and soft wherhide jacket to ease some of the chill and knew she'd not be still until she'd talked to L'gan. Sariel was a healer herself, how could she just forget about her monthly courses? It didn't usually matter, she supposed because most of the time they were careful about betweening at least when they had a playmate over. It was less of an issue when it came down to the both of them and she'd been thoroughly distracted of late. They both had, honestly.

Do me a favour, love, and bespeak Semath. L'gan and I need perhaps thirty minutes or more. I don't know quite how long it will take. If he's busy, tell him to come when he has a chance. Cirith reached out to Semath with a gentle rumble, asking L'gan very gently to come see Sariel when work permitted.

After all, she wasn't ill, she was just unexpectedly with child.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
There were only a few injuries that needed tending after the Hatching, thank Faranth. The clumsy little green would bear watching, and he couldn’t help smiling as he thought back to his own Impression. He’d grabbed another cup of klah to get through the morning, then gone to check in on B’kit and Erebuth. He’d seen the bluerider at the hatching and wanted to make sure he hadn’t over exerted himself with the walk.

As he ran through a few exercises to strengthen Erebuth’s wings, Semath reached out through their bond. Cirith says Sariel is looking for you. When you have some time. Did they say what it was about? No—should I ask? No bother. Tell them I’ll wrap up with Erebuth, then I’ll be there. Maybe half an hour or so.

L’gan kept up the exercises, curious about what was going. Erebuth was healing well, all things considered, but his range of motion left a lot to be desired. Hopefully in a few weeks they might be able to transfer them back to Ista where it would be warm enough to swim to try to get some sort of flight back.

Heading back to their weyr through the corridors took longer but was infinitely warmer. Semath made it back ahead of him and was warmly snuggled up with Cirith when he checked in. “Sariel? Sorry about the delay—Erebuth was doing well today, so I didn’t want to cut his session short, and Noa is taking it easy for a while, though I’m sure he’s eager for an update.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

"It's alright, it's nothing serious. I'm alright. We just need to sit down and talk about wothing for a moment. Cirith was kind enough to tell me this morning that-- Oh, L'gan, you might want to sit for this next part."

She adjusted herself on the little couch for a moment, moving over a little. It was a joyous thing but also concerning all at once and she wasn't sure how to feel right now.

"I suppose I've been forgetful and entirely too busy of late but I'm pregnant, we are. And I'm leaning toward keeping it, if...if that's alright with you." With the twins, it had been a hard pregnancy, and they'd nearly lost all of them near the end of it but she was healthy now.

There was Cirith to take into account as well.

If you wish to keep it, I do not object. Another small one would be wonderful. The gold's eyes whirled faster in happiness, projecting love and warmth to both of them.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Her insistence that he sit down did nothing for his nerves, but neither Semath or Cirith seemed stressed by whatever it was. Sitting next to her, L’gan caught one of her hands, relieved as she settled enough to tell him what was going on.

The news was extremely exciting, but also extremely worrisome. They were usually so good about betweening, when had they forgotten?

“Bell, you barely survived the twins, and that was living at the Hall with the best Healers on Pern around at all hours.” True, she had been young at the time, but no younger than many others. He had been absent for much of that pregnancy due to the timing of his Impression, and he’d had to get special permission to be there when the twins were born.

But now—“what if something happens to you? You know I would love another child, but what about Cirith? There’s a third life you’d be risking now.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

"If there is any trouble, my love, Healer Hall is not far. If you want, in the later stages, I can always go there especially if things seem to be as bad as they were. Or perhaps if this is very normal all that will be unnecessary." She brought his hands up to her lips to kiss them gently.

"Hopefully, this will be a child instead of two, much as I love the girls," Sariel murmured. "Cirith seems to be excited by it. She said I was clutching, earlier. If I do go through with this pregnancy it'll be the last, that's for sure. I know it was very close last time but you'll be here and there's no one I trust more."

Except me, the gold said blinking sleepily.

"Cirith, darling, you can't deliver a child. It's complicated and not like Malvayth laying her eggs," Sariel said laughing enough that she leaned into L'gan for support. "That said, I trust you very much as my lifemate and for all the things you can do."

I should hope so. I would be a poor lifemate if you could not. She shuffled forward as close as she could get to the both of them to address L'gan. Cirith didn't quite abandon her cuddle buddy, Semath, but she did want to be as close to her favourite people as possible. This was a difficult thing to do for a grown gold. She tried anyway with her long neck extended and her multifaceted eyes brightly glowing.

I love you, L'gan, this you should know. It is not time to worry. It is time to be happy. I know Sariel like I know myself. She is right, Healer Hall is not far! It will be quick for a Master Healer if they are needed. I can say when if she cannot. Risk this once more, I will be fine because she will have me with her to keep her safe.

The gold huffed gently, her eyes whirling fast but with steady blues and greens.

"Mmm," Sariel murmured. "The lady has a point. All of us together are strong and this is worth it to me, to Cirith as well. Another life to watch grow into their own..."

That made Cirith croon and rumble and she might have squeaked.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)