World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.02.14 | A Higher Ceiling
2pm | open

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
"Pharalth, just calm down-" Don't tell me to be calm! the stocky brown snapped, wings flared in irritation as he cowered and hissed at the ceiling of the weyrling barracks. V'lis was exhausted, he hadn't been able to have as much of a congratulatory get together after the Hatching because of Pharalth's touchy mood, and he hadn't been able to get any sleep with the dragonet constantly panicking and trying to flee outside. So he was just as grumpy and not in the mood to deal with this sort of needless obstinance.

The brown growled, his own anger being fueled further by his rider's mood, his tail twitching hard enough that it smacked V'lis in his bandaged chest, making the man cough and wince from the pain shooting from a broken rib. That immediately made the brown shrink down apologetically, his gravelly voice softer but still irritated. Sorry... I didn't mean it. Please can I go outside? I hate it, everything is too close. I need a higher ceiling.

"Okay, okay. Just... come on. You'd going to have to get used to be inside eventually you know." V'lis stood up, grabbing a blanket as he shuffled outside, finding a nice spot that wasn't too wet with snow right by the door so he could sit down and wrap himself up. At least the sun was out and shining for the moment so that he could feel a little warm as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

Pharalth tromped around in a tight circle before settling down next to his boy, the single bit of safe closeness in existance, face lifted to the sun as he closed his eyes and basked in its comforting warmth. This was much more like it, sure there was a wall a bit too nearby, but at least he had the sky overhead to keep him from feeling too cramped. The soft crunch of footsteps ruined the mood though and he cracked open an eye to glare at the intruder, letting out a soft hiss to warn them not to get too close. "Pharalth," said V'lis without even bothering to open his eyes as he sighed wearily. "If you want to be outside you have to tolerate other people being outside too. Otherwise we'll have to go inside."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim, fit from hard work at Katila
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It is just me and my rider, Pharalth. Do not be alarmed. We came with more furs for your rider.

"I noticed you were outside. Sedath decided she wanted a tour at the last minute so here we are," Zahrah offered with a wry smile, her arms full of warm furs. "I went to get you more furs and another pillow. You should be warmer with more of this, I think. V'lis, right? I'm Zahrah and this is my lifemate, Sedath."

The sky is prettier out here in the open, the gold said with a slight trill. May I sit over here for a while?It is a good time to sit after all that walking about. It was far enough away that she wouldn't touch him but close enough so that she could keep an eye on everything. It would have to do.

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

With a weary sigh V'lis cracked open his eyes to glare at the woman with her pile of furs. "Yeah, I'm V'lis now," he said dryly, still getting used to the name. At least it wasn't too different, though he wasn't sure what was wrong with Corv. The little dragon snapped at the thought, I chose a good name! Pharalth growled in irritation, hating how close the gold pair had decided to approach. Passing by was one thing but this was ridiculous!

He hissed again, glowering at Sedath as he got up and moved further away, still trying to be somewhat close to his rider but preferring to be away from the strangers than close to him. Stop crowding me! V'lis sighed, finding it hard to care about more furs or much of anything from the woman, Za-something? It wasn't like he could try to seduce her and get a bit of fun out of their meeting so why bother to put in the effort at all? Besides, women who acted concerned about shit that didn't involve them were always the nosiest and most annoying to deal with. "Just leave the furs and whatever then and stop pestering Pharalth. I was finally getting his ass to nap."

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"Sorry," Zahrah murmured, "only trying to help."

She set the blankets down gently and made sure the pillow didn't get wet or anything. If he wanted to be surly, well, he'd just been through Impression. She supposed he had a right to it.

I am not crowding you. I am over here. I cannot even reach you. All I wanted to do was sit for a moment. And all you do is yell when we came to make sure your V'lis was warm. There is no reason to yell and snap. No one wants to hurt you, loud Pharalth. I was trying to be nice as was my rider. I hope V'lis is warm and I you are alright. That is all.

Zahrah retreated, her fingers brushing her dragon's head gently.

"Come on then, Sedath. We're not wanted, here. It's alright, not everyone is suited to company," Zahrah said gently.

But...I just wanted to help and that was not at all fun. Zahrah crouched next to her lifemate stroked her eyeridges with a soft smile. There was a slight red yellow that had gathered in her dragon's eyes as she soothed her.

"Not everyone appreciates help, even if it makes things a little better for a while. Don't stress over it, too much."

Fine. If it must be that way, I cannot argue.

"Sleep well and warm when you do, V'lis. We won't take up any more of your time," she said quietly. Goodness, though, maybe it was just the hatching or maybe not but V'lis wasn't endearing himself to anything by being a butt. Then again, this was the angry brown, she remembered. And he was still angry it seemed, about everything.

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

I will take care of mine, mind your own, Pharalth growled, his voice extra grating in his ire. How stupid must she be to not understand such a basic concept as being left alone! There is plenty reason to yell when you will not leave! He flared his wings as he eyed the pair, considering if he should just charge them and try to scare them off.

V'lis had spent years training dogs before this, he knew better than to let unchecked aggression slide. He snapped his fingers as he sharply scolded in a voice far more commanding than his sleep deprived state should have allowed, "Ep! No! Down!" Pharalth was so startled that he turned to his glare on his rider, remaining silent for the moment. He could have words when the terrible rude strangers had left. When the woman spoke again he groaned, rolling his eyes. "Fucking shards, just go if you're going to!"

Pharalth waited until they had started to leave before turning his attention back to V'lis, gently head butting him in the shoulder. I am not one of your dumb canines. "I know, so don't act like it." The brown puffed up, angry as he moved to sniff at the furs left behind. Should I rip these? "Why waste them?" Pharalth considered it for a moment and nosed one of the furs closer to his rider. Then be warmer so I can stay outside longer. "Sure," V'lis mumbled as he tugged it up to cover him and closed his eyes again. Part of him was vaguely aware of Pharalth curling up on top of the rest of them to soak in a bit more sun.

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

They were already walking away when V'lis groaned at them to leave, so Zahrah ignored him and the very angry, angry brown. They'd walk around some more, maybe, and then rest. At least she knew that the furs were being used and that he'd be warmer no matter how it might have looked from any one perspective. Sedath was just irritated and surprised and a bit pissed off.

I thought we were supposed to care for everyone even if they are not gold she said pausing to stamp a foot as they left the immediate area. How do you care about people who seem to hate you?

"I don't think he hates you. I think there's probably a great deal going on right now and things are complicated but we deal with things bravely because we can. It's expected for a gold to be both brave and compassionate to everyone, which means you and I both are going to have to figure out how to tone your mouth down. Even when you are angry about something, little one, you must act in a manner befitting a lady and not let everything out," she said in a very low voice.

I. I was. I was acting badly?! Me?! Her eyes swirled faster gaining a little more red. I was being nice until I got yelled at for no reason. There is no cause for such rude behaviour that I could see. I did not touch him. I did not bite him, either, not even a nip. I wanted to help!

Oh no, now she was seething and delicately punctuating thoughts with stomping.

"I meant," Zahrah said quietly as they worked their way back into the barracks, "that you should choose your words carefully."

I...will do my best as I must. Oh! Sedath was embarrassed that she might be perceived as even remotely acting rudely or badly. It took Zahrah a few minutes to process that as the little gold took to her wallow, still grumbling to herself. Next time, find me a cause that does not include the possibility they will yell. I am not at all fond of that. Maybe I will not speak at all if someone will yell.

"Sweet girl," Zarah said gently. "You did nothing wrong. All you need is more of life so that you may understand it. You aren't very old right now, it's been hours. I promise, you will understand one day soon. And I will help you. I'm sure all of your clutchmates will be learning how this world works, too, in their own unique ways."

Fine. But they better hurry up about it. I cannot tolerate yelling.

Zh'yan
of Blue Teraseth

Date of Birth
20.02.716 AL, 29
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit but just a lil soft
Hair
Short, dark brown, light wave

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
“Present for you,” Zh’yan said, setting the bucket of oil down next to V’lis, whose eyes were closed, and Pharalth, whose eyes were also closed. Teraseth padded rather quietly behind him—certainly more quietly than many of his clutchmates—and settled a few feet away to stare at Pharalth. “Weyrlingmaster says if you’re gonna stay in the cold this long you have to oil him again. Says if he finds any cracking hide on Pharalth he’ll—something or other, I don’t remember. Just letting you know.”

Zh’yan didn’t care if V’lis—he only remembered the name because the Weyrlingmaster had just said it to him—got in trouble over it. He supposed he cared a little about the little dragon, cause he was just a baby, but Pharalth was also loud and annoying. If he had a rider who would let his hide get flaky from the cold that was his own bad choice, wasn’t it.

Teraseth cocked his head, considering. He supposed that was logical. Zh’yan wouldn’t do that to him, because he’d made a good choice, but maybe Pharalth didn’t. Teraseth considered him more intensely.

PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Another interruption, and right when he'd started to doze off. V'lis was so close to telling the other man to fuck off when he mentioned the Weyrlingmaster. He grumbled as he cracked his neck and stretched before opening his eyes and glaring at the bucket. "Ugh, fine. He's probably about due. Pharalth. Come on."

The sleepy brown cracked open his eyes and started slightly, puffing up and tensing as he glared at Tereseth. He gave the blue a tiny hiss as he eyed him, but after a moment of silence he settled back down and turned to crawl a bit closer to his boy. V'lis eyed the other dragonet for a moment before he started to slather oil onto Pharalth's hide with a rag. "Must be nice having a quiet one. Though Pharalth's not too bad when he's left alone."

The brown let out a grumble but stayed silent as he closed his eyes again, enjoying the soothing oil soaking into his hide. So far his brother seemed tolerable enough with how quiet he was, still a little close for his tastes but not nearly as insufferable as his sister had been. But what if he tried to get closer? Pharalth cracked one eye open so he could remain vigilant while he was oiled.

Zh'yan
of Blue Teraseth

Date of Birth
20.02.716 AL, 29
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit but just a lil soft
Hair
Short, dark brown, light wave

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Being hissed at made Teraseth’s eyes widen slightly, but he remained where he was, and kept watching Pharalth. His brother was interesting, if fussy.

“I guess,” Zh’yan said, half shrugging and looking over at Teraseth. “You don’t think he’s too quiet?” Not that Teraseth was silent; Zh’yan could feel him, could feel his curiosity towards Pharalth and V’lis, could feel just the bare edges of hunger at the edge of his consciousness—he’d probably see about getting Teraseth fed again after he’d finished this conversation, as much as it could be called one—but he didn’t actively communicate as much as some of the other dragonets did.

Not that he actually thought there was anything wrong with Teraseth, just that maybe he was a little odd. He hadn’t been at the Weyrs long, but he was getting the impression (hah) that all dragons were a little odd.

PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

"Nah, not too quiet," said V'lis as he gently maneuvered Pharalth to keep oiling him. "Some people just like to watch things." He glanced over at the blue and saw that he was just staring at his brother and nodded. "And... uh... looks like he's got that part down at least." And much more pleasantly, Pharalth was also being quiet, though he wasn't sure if the brown was just a combination of too sleepy and not agitated enough, or if he was trying to earn the same praise that his brother had for being quiet.

I can be quiet when things don't bother me, the brown said with a grump. V'lis reached over to give his eyeridges a scratch as he nodded. "I know, I know. Now give me your other wing so I can finish up and you can go back to sleep." And maybe he could try to get him to sleep inside. Pharalth let out a low annoyed growl again as he turned slightly to offer his other wing, still turning his head slightly to keep a wary eye on Teraseth.

"You don't have to worry about him, he doesn't look like he's getting any closer," V'lis said with a sigh. But you don't know, the brown hissed in irritation, tail flicking. "I'll keep an eye on him for you then." After a moment's pause the brown grumped and settled down, curling up and closing his eyes again while his rider kept oiling. V'lis turned back to Zh'yan, his eyes tired. "So yeah. i think it's fine that yours is quiet."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)