World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.28 | What's in a Name?
8pm, SOLO

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
The sun had already sank below the rim of the Weyr bowl, and stars were stubbornly trying to shine outside, becoming more and more visible from the window above Aederyn’s cot, bathing the new rider in a faint light. Around her, a few of the other new weyrling class dozed, their dragons curled neatly in the wallows at each bed, some of them already seeming to have visibly grown, even in the two short weeks since they’d hatched. Jenath breathed slowly beside her and blinked a blue-green whirling eye open. You are awake.

“Yes, Jen, I am.” Aederyn whispered, watching to see if others woke at her green’s words. Jenath still had no sense of volume control, but at this point in the evening, nobody seemed to care enough to take much notice, most too tired to bother.

Her precious dragonet lifted her head and peered at her rider. Why?

“I’ve heard something interesting, is all.” She hoped that bit of information might satisfy the curious green, but she should have known better by then that it would only pique the creature’s curiosity more.

Always interested in the thoughts, stories, and opinions… Jenath wouldn’t rest until she had learned all she could. Oh? Do share…

With a small huff of a laugh, the redhead swung her feet over the edge of her cot, padding to the chest at the end. Picking up the pale green robe her brother had given her, she wrapped it around herself and gestured for Jenath to follow. “If we’re going to talk, it’s going to be outside where we won’t disturb others. At least, won’t disturb them as much.” With as little fanfare as they could manage, they made their way outside, stopping a few yards from the door where they wouldn’t bother others and could, hopefully, have a moment or two to themselves.

Jenath yawned and stretched, arching her back and fluttering her wings, a shiver rippling down her spine and to the end of her tail. She would grow into a pretty thing, for certain. Now, she looked a bit like a young runnerbeast, all limbs and little body, seeming as though, if her current trend kept up, she would grow in her height well before she began to build any substance onto her gangly frame. She tottered ahead, barely beginning to develop any sense of control over her disproportionately long legs and wings, stopping after a moment to stare back at her girl.

Well? What troubles you? What keeps my precious girl awake? The green peered at the redhead, eyes tinged with mild concern. She could tell that her girl’s thoughts flustered her, but it was the why of it that she didn’t understand. Unsure why such a simple thing could cause any kind of anxiety, Jenath waited for the explanation instead of trying to sort it for herself.

Aederyn nodding to the assistant on duty to let them know they weren’t wandering far, and stopped to sit on a large stone that some of the others used as a bench on occasion. A smile played at her lips, and her eyes sparkled with a mixture of joy and disbelief. “Well, I’d heard that, women, on blues and greens, are able to take dragonrider names again. They—we—were not permitted that before.” Until she’d heard about the announcement that came from another Weyr, it hadn’t really occurred to her how much a simple name meant, and when the word of female riders being offered name changes, the very idea brought her more joy than she would have thought to give to such a thing, and over the past few days, she finally figured out why.

She’d been told she was ‘less than’ for her entire life… She hadn’t been able to advance in her craft due to her sex. She’d been seen as a thing to barter with and barter for, being offered in trade to a holder in order to create some meaningless connection. Her thoughts and opinions, and even her innate talent and skill, had been brushed aside because she was female. She’d only begun to find herself and see her worth after joining the Weyr, and then even more so after Impressing a fighter, who would someday carry her through the skies, fighting Thread, same as the men on their own magnificent creatures. But, there was one thing that had still not set quite right…all of the other new riders on fighting colors had taken on shortened versions of their names.

All of them except her.

She hadn’t given it much thought, though. She was just overjoyed simply to have Impressed a dragon at all, if she was being honest. And, in the hustle and bustle that followed, taking care of Jenath, oiling her, bathing her, feeding her, a thing so simple as a name hadn’t really come up. But still, it was there. All of the young men who’d Impressed had shortened versions of their name, and hers remained…the same. It remained in its original, longer form, as a reminder of her gender. As a reminder of being…less than. Less than the young men. Less than adequate. Less than deserving. Less than worthy.

Unable to ignore such feelings coming from her girl, Jenath butted her head against the redhead possessively, chin practically in the girl’s lap. Don’t be ridiculous, you’re more than all of that, and better, too! You are mine. Her eyes whirled with red and orange. How dare anyone make her girl feel less than amazing!

With a soothing sound and a scratch at her eye ridges, the redhead calmed her dragonet. “Shhh, yes, Jen. I am yours. And I couldn’t be more proud of that. Now, shush, we don’t want to bother the others.”

Somewhat mollified, the green settled, sniffing in what the newly bonded was sure was a draconic pout. Well, I am glad of that. But what bothers you if that silly rule is no more?

She nodded. “No bother, luv. None at all. Now, while I don’t entirely understand why they were taken away to begin with, now that they are permitted again…I get to chose one.” A smile spread across her face as she contemplated the thought. How might she shorten her name?

The dragonet chirruped at her, eyes whirling green and blue. But, my girl, you’ve always been my A’ryn…

“I—What?” She wasn’t sure she’d heard correctly, staring at her precious lifemate, waiting for her to clarify.

It had never come up before. She nosed her girl once more before cocking her head, looking for all of Pern as the oh-so-clever one. You’re my A’ryn. Always have been. But I don’t call you by name, I just call you mine. She said by way of simple explanation.

A small, disbelieving laugh escaped the girl’s throat. “You…you called me that?”

The dragonet sat primly, arching her neck and preening in pride. Well, yes. To myself, at least. Though, if it pleases you, I’ll be pleased to use it with others, too. She crooned and warbled, incredibly satisfied with herself.

A’ryn blinked at the green, scarcely believing the creature, then slid from her seat on the stone to crawl over next to the dragonet. Tears finally spilling, she wrapped her arms around the lanky, delicate creature in the best approximation of a hug that she could, hiccuping somewhere between a sob and a giddy laugh.

A’ryn…

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)