World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.02.04 | Terrible Chances
2pm | Open

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
He grimaced at the pull of the cast on his shoulder as he walked along. He''d gone into that touching with nothing but a good thought and smile and he'd come out with scrapes, bruises, and a busted arm. Malvayth had knocked his ass down with a fat tail when she'd gone after the other candidates, leaving Landen on the floor clutching his arm.

It ached with the cold and Landen hated it. Granted he'd only had it in the cast for a couple of days but he'd managed to bang it on multiple walls and a table. It was frustrating and annoying.

He had been damn near ready to go home to Benden, had even started off to the 'master about going home when some other candidate had managed to convince him to stay. Malvayth's clutch was going to hatch any day now and what if his dragon was in the bunch? It sounded good at the time, enough so that Landen had started hesitating and procrastinating his stomping to the 'master's. But now.. Maybe going home was a better idea.

He doubted he was going to impress here at Fort and he couldn't say it wasn't a disappointing idea but he wasn't exactly Fort material. If anything he was more Ista than Benden even, but Benden was where he wanted to be, not in stuffy as hell Fort. He sighed and walked along, eyes on the ground instead of right in front of him.

And he ran straight into a body walking towards him.

"Fucking seriously?" he growled out and winced at the sudden pain in his arm.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Zoremet was daydreaming again, trying to decide if he wanted to still Stand for the clutch after everything that had happened. The gold dragon was understandably upset, but would that mean that all the other eggs would be upset too? Could she possibly have infected them with her anger and grief? Or would they have been able to feel those emotions on their own when their sibling died? Did dragons remember things that happened in their shells?

He supposed that didn't matter since this was T'ryn's mate's clutch, and he wanted to support his family so he would probably still Stand but just hope for the best. Whether the best meant he Impressed or not he wasn't sure. Zory was quickly shaken out of his thoughts though as he collided with a larger and taller man, wincing at the cursing he produced.

"Sorry!" Zoremet quickly said, shrinking down on himself as he tried to assess the situation. Oh no, he's bumped into one of the injured candidates! His face fell as he straightened back up and apologized again, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Is... can I do anything to help? Should I run to find a healer for you? I really am sorry, this is all my fault..."

He wasn't sure what else to do as he started to frantically look around. At least he could try to make sure that no one else bumped into them while they tried to get this sorted out. Or maybe he could just have him sit down and have a rest. "Maybe you should sit down, there's a spot over there that could work."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

The pain was pretty damned bad but when the other man shrank down and his face fell, Landen felt bad for his outburst. He didn't particularly like feeling bad about things, it was too much work in his opinion, but he did. He was a little soothed when the other man took the blame for the situation, even though Landen could be blamed as well. He hadn't had his eyes up and paying attention any more than Zoremet had. And that's who it was, a candidate that Landen had met briefly during his stint in Ista.

"It's fine," he said and waved his hand in dismissal, "I don't need a healer. They've already done their damage." He lifted the cast for Zoremet to see. And started to feel bad again when Zoremet had a panicked look on his face. "Hey, hey," he said with a shake of his head, "No harm, no foul. I didn't die after all." He wasn't sure if that would make the other candidate feel better but what else could he have said? Probably a lot. He reached out with his good hand and patted the other candidate softly on the shoulder.

"Sure, yeah," he said and looked over to the spot Zorement was pointing out, "I could sit down a bit if you don't mind helping me over there." Not that he needed help but Zoremet seemed to need that extra bit of something to do. "You'll stay with me?" he said with a secret smile, "Just in case I need help again?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

At least he didn't need a healer, so that meant that Zoremet didn't hurt him too badly. He sighed in relief as he took a moment to compose himself and get a better look at the other man. He seemed familiar, and after a moment of studying his face he was sure he remembered the man's name from his brief time in Ista. "Landen right? Sorry again about running into you." He took another look and realized that the only obvious injury was the man's arm. It was possible he had another injury that didn't require a cast or splint, or was just disoriented from the pain. "Did you also sprain your ankle? Here, I can help you over to that bench."

Zoremet carefully moved to the side that didn't have a cast and took Landen's arm to lead him over to the bench he'd spotted. He blinked in surprise at the request for him to stay and smiled, glad he could have a chance to be helpful and do something nice. He took a seat on the bench next to Landen. "Sure. I can stay and help and keep you company. Sorry again for bumping into you though. I was just distracted and thinking about stuff. How have you been? Are you still going to Stand with the arm?"

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Yes," he said as he inclined his head, "And you're Zoremet. I remember you from Ista, you're a hard one to forget." And he kind of was. A good looking guy with pretty blue eyes and body, Landen didn't easily forget people that drew his eye. He winced at the pain in his arm, maybe playing it a little more than it actually was. The initial jolt from bumping into Zoremet had dissipated and now the candidate was just messing with Zorement. Fun for Landen and it could be fun for Zoremet or at least less worrisome.

"Oh no-no," he said as he shook his head when Zoremet asked after his ankle, "Just.. The pain from my arm, you know. It's a little bad yeah? I appreciate your help, Zoremet." Landen smiled at the other candidate, lips curving into a bright smile as Zoremet moved to the other side of him to take his uninjured arm. He brought his hand up to cover the smile that was turning quite wicked as Zoremet settled him onto the bench. The other candidate was way too sweet for his own good and almost Landen felt bad for taking advantage. Almost.

He smirked as he glanced at the other man. Landen was curious about what he was distracted by and his brow raised. "Thinking of some big titted girl?" he teased the other man and bumped him companionably with his shoulder, "I couldn't say it was some fine piece of ass that was distracting me when we bumped heads."

"They told me I had to," he nodded and shifted slightly so Zoremet could fit next to him on the bench, "I touched too many eggs before Malvayth started trying to murder everyone. You don't have to apologize for bumping into me. If you hadn't then we wouldn't be here talking now would we?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"It's the least I could do after running into you," said Zoremet with a nod and a smile. It was good to know that even after the accident he was able to help and make it up to Landen. It would have been awful if the man held a grudge! "Hopefully it feels better soon, I'd hate to think I messed it up even more."

The question about a big titted girl confused him more than anything. Zoremet blinked at Landen, eyes wide and confused, his head titled as he frowned. "What? No... why would I be thinking of that? Did something happen to a girl with large breasts at the Touching?" He frowned as he searched his memory. He didn't think there were any shockingly busty girls there at the time, but he normally didn't pay too much attention to girls anyway in that regard. How big was big? Instead of trying to solve that mystery he just shrugged and decided to say what he had been thinking of instead, "I was just wondering if I should Stand or not. I'll probably have to, I'm just worried that all the baby dragons will be angry or something."

He took a seat next to Landen, casually leaning against the other man. "And I can still apologize for running into you. There are other ways to talk to someone other than hurting them. Hopefully nothing else happens to you during the Hatching. Or anyone else for that matter."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Oh I'm sure it will," Landen assured the other man. They'd given him some fellis and numbweed to keep the pain at bay but Lan hadn't used any of it yet. He liked the feeling of fellis too much and while Landen tended to be a shit, he didn't want to walk around life in a haze. "You didn't," he said and patted Zoremet's shoulder gently, "They got it pretty well secured in this cast you know. Don't even move at all."

Landen hid a smirk behind his hand and a fake cough when Zor blinked at him in confusion. "Good to know," he murmured quietly before shrugging. "Virile young man like you?" Landen said with a gaze that drifted up and down Zor's body, "I would have figured a big titted woman would be right up your alley." It wasn't the worst thing for Landen to surmise that Zor probably never thought about big breasted women. There was an innocent sweetness to the other candidate that Landen appreciated and he studied him from the corner of his eye.

"You should," Landen said, "I'll be there after all, and hell if the dragonets get too angry or want to eat you I'll protect you." He probably wouldn't, but Zor didn't need to know that. "Distract them or something, that might help," he continued as Zoremet sat near him and leaned against him. Landen tilted towards the other candidate, giving him something to press against and the older candidate murmured under his breath. Maybe Landen didn't want to think about big titted women with Zor leaning so sweetly against him.

"Don't worry your pretty head about it," he said with a gentle wave of his hand, "No harm done, I didn't fall and I didn't die after all. And my arm's starting to feel a little better from the pain now." He glanced at the other candidate. "You can come talk to me any time you want to," he continued with a grin, "If I'm still here anyway. Nah, crazy bloody hatchings aren't the norm I doubt anyone will get hurt. Heck, that crazy touching isn't even the norm, usually a lot quieter than that."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Vir... oh!" Zoremet blushed as he shook his head. "No, I've never been that attracted to girls." Men on the other hand... he glanced over at Landen, the blush deepening for a moment before he shrugged. The other candidate was probably being polite because of his arm and the incident. But if he wasn't... Zory leaned a little bit more against Landen, hoping he wasn't bothering him too much.

The talk of the hatching was a welcome change of subject and he nodded. "My sister and some other friends will be there too. Mylo is usually pretty good about keeping people safe, so I'm sure I'll be okay... unless she Impresses and leaves me alone on the Sands.

He grinned up at Landen, part of him pleased that he'd been called pretty, even though he knew it was probably just a turn of phrase. "Well I'm glad I didn't knock you over, and I'm certainly glad you didn't die or anything. Though I don't know how bad I could feel about that since I don't think that could have been entirely my fault." Zoremet shrugged, twisting around slightly so that he was practically lounging against Landen. "I know they're not normal, it's just been a long time since I've gone. Almost feels like a bad omen to have some of this happen when I've only just started back up."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Also good to know," Landen grinned at the blush that overtook Zoremet's cheeks. "I'm attracted to both," he admitted with a companionable nod, the grin still on his face as he looked at Zoremet. "Women are nice and all, but there's just something about a good-looking, virile looking man you know." He was a pretty man and sweet, everything that Landen was generally drawn too and he shifted to allow Zor to lean a little more against him.

"You're lucky you've got all that family to stand with you," Landen told, "None of mine wanted to come with me so I've been all alone in the weyrs." Maybe the last was said a little pathetically with a small sad smile. Whether Landen truly felt that way was a complete mystery. The candidate did really know how he felt about anything at any given time, he just knew he was having a good time.

"I'm certainly glad you didn't knock me over," he laughed, "A bruised ass on top of a bruised ego wouldn't have been the greatest thing you know." Landen didn't have to be asked twice, even if Zoremet didn't actually ask the question, and he moved to wrap an arm around Zr's shoulders, tugging the younger candidate tighter into his side with a pleased hum. "It might have been all my fault if I died," he said solemnly, "I certainly wouldn't have blamed it all on you."

"Is it though?" he asked when Zoremet said the touching felt like a bad omen, "You're here. Cuddling with me, having a nice conversation. If that touching hadn't happened I just might not have been walking around outside and you might have missed this chance." He was pleased with that idea and nodded slightly to set it.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet wasn't sure if the word virile really applied to him, he didn't think he felt especially virile... but it was possible he just didn't really understand what Landen meant by it. Still it was obvious that he intended it as some sort of compliment and that made Zory squirm a little as he tried to keep his blushing in check.

"I am lucky," he said quickly, "though sometimes it feels like there's more pressure when they're all there. What if I just disappoint them by not Impressing? Or what if I get hurt but they're all there to see and it makes them feel awful?" Still, at least he wasn't alone though and the thought of Landen being alone made him turn just enough that he could give the man a hug. "And maybe you can try to stand with us or something if you want to be less alone."

The mention of a bruised ass though made Zory giggle. "That would be awful," he agreed. "You couldn't even get someone to try and kiss it to make it better." He settled in to a proper cuddle, and he couldn't help but agree that maybe this was a nice result of the Touching after all. Cuddles were always nice, even... no, especially in the colder weather. "Well I'm glad that I bumped into you a little, but not that I hurt you."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Landen grinned as Zoremet squirmed against his side. He was quite enjoying creating those little blushes on the other candidate's cheeks. Maybe he should just keep complimenting the other man, it seemed to be his best bet. As much as he was enjoying those blushes, Landen was enjoying the little flirts he was giving. He wasn't sure but he was getting the feeling that Zoremet was a shy one, someone who didn't flirt often or wasn't flirted with often, and in Landen's mind that simply wouldn't do.

"Do you think they'd be disappointed though?" he asked, "I bet they wouldn't. They'd probably just tell you that your dragon wasn't born yet or something like that." He glanced at the other man out of the corner of his eye. "Well they love you yeah?" he said with a chuckle, "They'd always be sad if you got hurt I bet. When I love someone, I always feel bad when they get hurt. Kind of the name of the game right?" Not that Landen had ever actually loved anyone.

He murmured with pleasure when Zoremet gave him a spontaneous hug and couldn't help but to give one back, arm tightening around him with a sigh. "You know," he said with a pleased nod, "I wouldn't mind that at all." Provided Mylo or one of Zoremet's other siblings didn't murder him. He chuckled when Zoremet giggled. Ahh, but he was an adorable man. "If I fell down right now and bruised it would you kiss it better?" he asked with a mock pout as Zoremet snuggle into him deeper.

He shook his head a little as he squeezed the other man's shoulders. "I told you not to worry your pretty little head about it," he said with a huff of breath and a wink, "No harm done. You can bump into me any time you'd like. The cuddles would be worth it, I think."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

He supposed Landen had a point when he mentioned his family would be sad either way, if they saw it happen or not, and they were always trying to be encouraging. Zoremet was idly nodding to that thought and to the thought of the man joining them during the Hatching for company when the subject of a bruised bum came back up and made him giggle again, his cheeks turning a shade pinker. "I guess that depends on if I had to kiss the bruise itself and where the bruise was."

Zoremet pulled the arm around him a little tighter, his head leaning back to rest against the other man as he relaxed with the laughter and jokes. Landen was really rather comfortable. "Maybe I should skip the bumping and we can just get straight to the cuddles. If you wanted, that is. I still don't know if my head really is all that pretty."

It was a silly thing to feel so flirtatious, and Zory pulled back just enough to sneak another glance at Landen's face as he adjusted in his snuggle. Of course it was another tan skinned slightly scruffy face on an older man. He already had one tiny crush and now another one? Did he have a type? It was probably not something he should worry about either way, he should be content with his cuddles.

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Oh I don't know," he laughed as Zoremet grinned again, "Maybe I'd let you chose where you'd have to kiss."

Landen let the other candidate wrap his arm a little tighter, shifting so Zoremet settled against him a little more comfortably when the other man leaned back. He didn't mind it, cuddle with other people was quite a delight for Landen and he made a note to seek out Zoremet as often as he could. He was fairly certain the other candidate was quite good at cuddling and Landen did so enjoy a nice cuddle. "I'd love to skip the bumping and go straight into the cuddles," he said with an amused nod, "Sounds much more pleasurable."

He glanced down at Zoremet and studied him a moment. "Trust when I say you're head is pretty," he told the other candidate seriously, "I am a professional when it comes to a beautiful face, Zoremet, and your head is definitely in that category." He slipped his arm out of Zoremet's grip, fingers caressing just slightly as he did so, before he moved to stand. "Come on," he said and held out his hand to help Zoremet off the bench, "Want to go have some coco or maybe some lunch with me? We can talk more about your pretty head and those wonderful cuddles you keep mentioning."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"A professional huh?" Zoremet shook his head as he laughed. "I guess I'll just have to trust that you know what you're talking about when it comes to rating heads." He was just starting to close his eyes when Landen pulled away and got up. He pouted, couldn't help himself at the loss of that bit of comfort, but quickly replaced it with a soft smile at the offer. "I thought I was supposed to be helping you. Glad that you're feeling better though. I don't want to be a bother or take up too much of your time so whatever you want to do is fine by me."

With a small squeeze of the offered hand, Zoremet pulled himself up, wrapping his arm around Landen's good one without even thinking about it. "So what are you going to do after the Hatching if you don't Impress? Just go back to... uh... you're not in Ista anymore... was it Benden you went to? What's it like? I heard someone say it was even colder than here."

Zoremet frowned at that thought, he much preferred the warmth, it was just easier to lounge in, and didn't hurt his leg like the cold did. Though he supposed if he kept Standing at colder Weyrs there was a chance he'd have no choice but get caught in the cold for a while. The thought was enough to make him shiver as he muttered under his breath, "I don't like the cold. Ista is much better about that."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Good," he chuckled, "Because when it comes to heads, and I know pretty faces, yours is a delight." He didn't mind the tease as he bounced up and offered a hand to Zoremet. He hadn't missed the adorable pout the other candidate at leveled at him and Landen's lips curved in amusement. "Just repaying all of the sweet comforts you've given me," he told the other man with a serious tone to his voice that belied the twinkle in his eye, "You're definitely no bother and I have plenty of time on my hands for new friends, Zoremet. You'll be my friend won't you?"

Landen was delighted when the other candidate wrapped himself around his arm, and the darker man bent his arm to keep Zoremet close to him. "Go back to Benden I suppose," he said with a nod as he answered, "Benden is... Easier I guess." It was a little difficult for the candidate to explain why he liked the weyr. t helped that Ameris and M'ris were so much more progressive and understanding than the others. There were rules but nothing was so strict that it was stifling. "It's a bit colder," he laughed, "But there's a little more freedom there than there is here."

He had a secret hope that he would impress at his home weyr. He wouldn't mind if he impressed somewhere else but he didn't want to have to wait an entire turn before he could transfer home. "You like Ista best?" he grinned at the other man as he led him towards the dining hall. "I was born there. Well.. Not the weyr but the hold. But it's harder to cuddle in Ista. Too hot, being in Benden makes a cuddle that much better because you have to wrap yourself all around the other person to keep warm you know."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Of course I'll be your friend!" Zoremet grinned, pleased by the prospect. "Always good to have friends. Maybe I'll try to knit something for you, like a hat. It could help in Benden when it's cold." And he supposed that was another good part of the cold. He didn't get to wear a lot of the cozy things he knitted for himself a lot in Ista, though he had been experimenting with making lighter more open patterns. And the point of cuddles being nicer in the cold did make sense too. "I suppose it might be nicer to cuddle if it's cold, though I don't mind cuddling when it's warm too. It's really nice to cuddle on the beach. And I do like Ista the best I think. I like the warmth and the beach."

He followed Landen, not really paying too much attention to where they were until he looked around and realized they were already in the dining hall. "Oh, when did we get... never mind. I should probably introduce you to Pit." At the mention of her name the green firelizard popped into the air nearby and lightly landed on Landen's shoulder, staring intently at him as she crawled around him to try and familiarize herself with another person she could possibly get to rescue her boy the next time he got lost.

Zoremet smiled up at her and reached up to give her head an affectionate pat. "She's not the best at delivering letters sometimes, but she's good at finding people when I need her to. If I ever end up in Benden I'll have her find you. Oh, are we eating here? I'm not too hungry, but I could get something small. Oh and coco... coco would be nice. It's too cold to not have coco." He shivered slightly, shaking his head with a frown as he squeezed closer to Landen for more warmth.

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Landen grinned at Zoremet and pressed his hand over his heart. “My hero,” he said as he fluttered his eyelashes at the other candidate. Landen had friends. At home, some here but he didn’t particularly seek them out for anything and the idea of having Zoremet ready and willing to be around him was enticing. “You’d make me a hat?” he asked with genuine pleasure at the idea of the other man knitting him a hat for the cold of Benden. “I don’t know what I could give you in return,” he continued with a shrug. Landen had grown up with the knowledge that if something was given, something was expected in return. Whether that was work or sex, Landen didn’t understand gifts of altruism.

“It gets sticky when you cuddle in the heat,” he laughed with a wink, “But it does give everyone an excuse to get naked and lounge around. You don’t have to be careful about cuddling on the beach or you’ll get sand in uncomfortable cracks.” He did have to admit that he missed Ista quite a bit, he’d been born at the hold and searched for the weyr in the sun and warmth. But Benden was his home now.

Landen grinned again when Zoremet was surprised to find they were in the dining hall. The candidate had been so excited and so talkative that it didn’t surprise Landen in the slightest that he hadn’t realized where they were. He was ridiculously adorable and Landen knew for certain he would have to remain in his life. “She’s cute,” he said just as Pie popped in and started chattering at the green. “This is Pie,” Landen said as he waved a hand at the little blue, “He’s too lazy to do much more than eat and sleep. Can’t get him to take a message if it killed me.” The last was said with amusement and Landen scratched the blue with an elegant finger.

“Did you want to eat somewhere else?” he asked with a curious tilt of his head, “We can just get the sandwiches and coco and go somewhere else? Maybe the barracks?” He slipped his arm around Zoremet’s shoulder as the other candidate tried to tuck himself in tighter to his side and shrugged. “We can go wherever you want to Zor,” he told the blonde with a light jiggle, “It don’t bother me none. Just say where and we’ll go.”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Pfft, I'm not a hero. And I'll try to make a hat. I make a lot of things but I don't finish them all the time... but I'll try! I'll just need your favorite color and you don't have to do anything for me, you're a friend. I just like to do things sometimes." That and if Landen did give him something he'd feel horrible if he never actually finished knitting a hat. Zoremet didn't mention that part aloud though.

The appearance of the blue firelizard made Zoremet laugh, especially as Pit gave him a curious poke with her nose before retreating back and down into Zory's sweater with only her head peaking out. "And wherever is fine. I'm not the best at picking places to go. The barracks sounds fine though. But if you have a better place in mind we should go there instead. I'm the one who ran into you and hurt your arm more, so you should have preference."

Zoremet was definitely not the best at making these sorts of decisions, usually just wandering until his feet decided for him or until someone else picked. He could at least pick a sandwich though, grabbing the lightest one he saw with the most veggies on it and a mug of hot coco. He blinked for a moment and looked up at Landen. "Uh... should I carry something for you? Maybe we should just eat here instead because of your arm..."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

“We can go back to the barracks,” Landen said as Zoremet’s little green poked her nose into Pie. Pie chattered, curious and as happy as a pig in slop, at the green. Landen shook his head at the blue before chuckling as Pit slipped right back down the other candidate’s shirt. “The barracks are a bit more private, I suppose,” Landen replied with a wink, “Less noisy and we can talk more there.” Landen tapped his arm lightly and nodded his head.

“It doesn’t hurt anymore,” he said, “But I appreciate you giving me the preference.” It wouldn’t have really mattered to the dark hair man. If Zoremet had wanted to stay in the dining hall he would have accommodated him. If Landen wanted to keep Zoremet around he’d better work for at least a little. “Oh!” he exclaimed when he remembered he’d forgotten to give the other man his favorite color, “I like blue. Hoping that’s what I impress honestly.”

Landen shook his head and started to lead Zoremet back to the barracks. “See? A little hero. If you want to just carry my cocoa I think I can manage the sandwiches,” he answered and handed the drink over, “It's a little awkward trying to carry a cup and everything else.” Landen shoved open the common room door and strode in to find it mostly empty. He found a table and set all his stuff down. “Got any plans after tonight?” he asked and popped a piece of veggie into his mouth, “After the hatching? Got an idea what you want to impress?”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Blue," Zoremet repeated to himself with a nod. "That's a good color. Light shades, dark shades? Something bright? Dull? Or just blue? I could try and surprise you if you want." He carefully took the cocoa, making sure he had a good handle grip on everything as he followed Landen back to the barracks.

He was rather proud of himself for not spilling anything as he carefully set it all down on the table. With everything safe and secure he took a seat next to Landen so that he could lean against the handsome candidate a bit more comfortably again. He ignored the sandwich in favor of a sip of coco and sighed happily as he considered the rest of Landen's questions. "Tonight? No. Maybe I'll knit some more or think about going hiking or hang out with some friends."

But after the hatching? That was a harder question and Zoremet took a small bite of his sandwich, something with bacon and lettuce and tomato, as he thought. "If I Impress I guess I'll just deal with that. If I don't then I'll go back home to Ista. And... I don't know. I never really thought about what color I want. All of my brothers are on bronze... but I don't know if I want that. I might have to do things you know? But I don't know if people would pick on me if I'm the only one with a green if that happens... so I don't know."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Just blue," he shook his head as he handed the cocoa over. He liked Zoremet and the other candidate was accommodating enough that Landen knew he'd probably seek him out more than once. For what remained to be seen, though, he wasn't all to sure what Zoremet would be down to do besides cuddle.

He settled at the table, scooting slightly to accommodate Zoremet's body when the candidate sat next to him and Landen huffed with a pleased breath when he leaned against his side again. He grabbed up the sandwich, cast only getting in the way slightly as he lifted the food up to take a generous bite. He chewed and swallowed before glancing at Zoremet. "Wanna hang out with me?" he asked with a raised brow, "Maybe you can show me how to knit. I've never tried but could be interesting. Or we can just cuddle."

"Maybe I'll get myself down there and visit," he offered with a grin, "Who knows when there'll be another clutch down there, plus it's no big deal to swing by when I go visit family." He frowned, brows furrowed as his face darkened slightly at the thought of anyone picking on Zoremet. The blonde was a delight, sweet, and a little too gentle for bronze but if anyone teased him for being on green, Landen was pretty sure he'd get a little pissy.

"You'd be pretty on a green," Landen offered with a smile and twitched a hip against Zoremet's, "You'd be pretty on bronze too but prettier on a green. And if anyone teases you over it, I'll give them a kick in the ass."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet contemplated what shade of blue to try to knit Landen's hat out of as he took another small nibble of his sandwich. He glanced up at the man's dark hair and eyes and his tan skin and his dashing stubble and decided maybe a lighter tone would do nicely for some contrast. He was worried that Landen had caught him staring for a moment but then quickly brightened at the offer to hang out.

"That sounds good! I can show you how to knit but it might be hard with your cast. And cuddling is always nice." Zory brightened at the idea. He laughed, a tiny doubting snort mixed in as he shook his head. "I don't know if I'd really be pretty on a dragon. If anything the dragon might draw more attention. Though a green might be able to match with Pit, so that could be neat. But I don't know. We'll see what happens when it happens." He almost said if, but had quickly corrected himself to try to remain positive about it. He still had time after all, and if Mylorah hadn't impressed yet then surely he'd have time too. It was probably better to not worry about it.

"And you don't have to kick anyone for me," he added with a gentle nudge of his shoulder against Landen. "K'dar would probably beat you to it." Zoremet wrapped up the remains of his sandwich and set it back on the table to maybe snack on later as he adjusted to cuddle a bit closer to the older man, taking a deep satisfied breath so he could happily sigh. "Cuddles are always nice, but if you want I can run back to my cot to grab my knitting and show you some things. You can come with or we can go to your cot or whatever you want to do. I'm easy."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Maybe you can just show me while I cuddle you," he laughed with a twinkle in his eye, "The cast will definitely make it hard." He didn't know much about knitting but he did know he would need two hand to do it. Landen wasn't always the brightest but he did know somethings. "Zor, you're pretty right now," he shook his head with a rueful chuckle, "Remember I'm expert on pretty and if I say you'll be pretty on a dragon, you'll be pretty." The boy was not for bronzes and Landen found he had a little bit of excitement to see Zoremet on a dragon his own could catch. "I think green is perfect," he said with a wink.

"I'd still do it," he told the other candidate firmly. "People who make fun of someone for something they can't control are fucks and deserve a kick in the ass." He frowned as he tried to place K'dar's name, it was unfamiliar but Zoremet said it like Landen should know. "I.. Uh.. Can't remember who K'dar is, refresh my memory?" he asked with a mock hopeful look in his eyes.

He watched the other candidate wrap his sandwich up and Landen followed suit, though he didn't have much to wrap. He was a little surprised to find he'd demolished almost all of the two sandwiches he'd grabbed and drained all of his cocoa. "I can follow, that way you're not making a million trips just to get over here to me," he said and shifted to stand with the agreement, "We can just leave the sandwiches here for a little bit, we might get hungry again later."

His lips curved into a wicked grin at the last words Zoremet said. "You're easy huh?" he asked with a light chuckle, "Probably shouldn't advertise that, then I'd really have to kick people in the ass." Was that a little possessiveness in his tone? Probably but for the time being Landen could be as possessive as he wanted of Zoremet. He had him all to himself at the moment and Landen wasn't changing that. "I could definitely use a cuddle," he continued and held out his good hand for Zoremet to take.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zory nodded and tried to focus on thinking about knitting instead of a handsome man telling him he was pretty. Though maybe it wouldn't be so disastrous and embarrassing if he did end up on a dragon that wasn't a bronze one day. "I'll show you something easy to do. Maybe start on that hat for you. Oh and K'dar is my oldest brother. He's at Telgar now, in the apprentice program."

He nodded as he made sure his sandwich was properly wrapped up and stood up to lead Landen to his cot. "Oh I didn't mean it like that, I just meant easy going," Zoremet added with a soft blush. Not that he didn't mind having that sort of fun on occasion, but he definitely didn't want people to think he would just do that for any reason or anybody. "And really you don't have to beat anyone up for me, I promise."

Zoremet gently took Landen's hand, giving it a small squeeze as he led him back to his cot. He grabbed his needles and some blue yarn and once Landen was comfortable he snuggled up tight against his side. "Okay, so I'll show you how I do this and if you have any questions or want me to slow down or explain anything let me know. And if you get bored and want to do anything else just tell me, promise I won't get upset."

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Sometimes it's okay to beat someone up for a person you care about," Landen shrugged with a quiet laugh. He was pleased that K'dar was Zoremet's brother and not someone he had to compete with for the other candidate's affection. Not that it wasn't something he would have to do eventually, he'd have to decide if that was something he even wanted to do long term but he knew he would right at the moment. "And you if you want to be easy," he continued with a wink, "I won't stop you."

Landen let the other candidate lead him to his cot and climb into it. He waited patiently for Zoremet to get his knitting needles and yarn before shifting to make room for him. He sighed as Zor snuggled tight to his side, hand trailing softly up and down the other candidate's arm as he began to show Landen how to knit.

He was surprised to find that the entire thing was interesting, though he wasn't quite sure how Zoremet kept everything sorted in his mind and a small fall of fabric had started to take shape. He hummed quietly to himself as the other candidate went on through the instructions, Landen shifting a little to press tighter against Zoremet. He cleared his throat softly and reached up to lay a hand over Zoremet's to stop the movement of his knitting needles.

"Hey," he said and looked down at the other man, "Do you mind if I kiss you? I've been thinking about it for a while and I'd really like to. You can tell me no if you don't want to. I just.. I just can't stop thinking about it is all."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"It still doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do just for some teasing," Zory said with a soft huff. As much as words could hurt, they didn't tend to cause injury, so why get worked up about them? Still, he didn't want Landen to think he was mad at him so he looked up to give him a smile. "But thanks for caring."

Zoremet did his best to not just blush and sputter at the turn of phrase being used against him again. Once he had his knitting in his hand everything softened down into a nice peaceful focus anyway as he worked, occasionally talking about what he was doing, occasionally just working quietly. He enjoyed knitting, even if it sometimes brought sad memories with it, and he loved to knit most when he could casually lean against a friend. The only way it could have been better was if they were outside back in pleasantly warm Ista, soaking up some sun.

"Hm?" Zory blinked at the hand on his as he paused in his knitting and then turned his head to look up at Landen curiously. He'd been expecting a question about his knitting, certainly not about kissing, and his cheeks immediately began to warm up as he blushed and nodded, his heart starting to pound in his chest. "That... yeah... that would be nice. I'd like that."

With a quick twist to the side to set his knitting down, he turned back to the older man and snuggled up a bit closer before leaning in to gently press his lips against Landen's.

L'den
of Blue Zigsath

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim, fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Landen knew he should probably be more cognizant of the difference in their ages but he really couldn't think about it. Zoremet was too pretty and too willing for Landen to allow it to bother him much. He smiled as Zoremet's cheeks flushed and nodded with agreement. He tucked his arm beneath Zoremet and tugged him a little closer across his chest as the other candidate gently pressed his mouth against Landen's.

Landen hummed lightly, tongue sweeping out to trace a line across Zoremet's lips before dipping in to probe the other candidate's mouth gently. He explored with kips and tongue as Zoremet kissed him, Landen's hand drifting up to bury his fingers in the hair at the back of Zoremet's head. He murmured a quiet moan and shifted to roll the blonde across his chest as Landen sought to deepen the kiss. He doubted the other candidate was quite ready for sex and Landen was patient enough for kissing and heavy petting.

He enjoyed the feeling of the other man draped across him and Landen's continued to cup the back of Zoremet's head as his other drifted down to play lightly up and down the otehr candidate's back. He stroked his hand along Zoremet's spine before pressing the other man a little more firmly against him as he continued to kiss Zoremet with soft lips and tongue.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)