World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.04 | Impressions of Another Kind
~Dinnertime, Zahrah

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
The touching gone horribly awry had left her mind reeling, even days later. Calling the mood ‘melancholy’ was an understatement, and many moved as if in a sluggish daze, as if hoping to disappear into the very shadows. Others she hadn’t even seen since that terrible morning…

Rudi crooned from where he sat on the table in front of her, butting his head into her hand for affection, eyes whirling slowly, echoing the anxiety and worry she felt. She’d called him well away from the Sands, giving him a firm command to stay with her, both for his safety and her own need of comfort.

An egg damaged, killed…no matter how large or small the clutch, it was devastating. Had it been touched? Did it ever feel the presence of a human before one shattered its life-preserving shell? She liked to think that it had felt the love of one of the candidates before it was killed…so that it might have known that not all humans were awful. Briefly, she wondered if it had been the one she'd laid a hand on, and the idea both saddened her and brought a small measure of solace.

Rudi had crept up her arm to perch on her shoulder, burying himself in her hair, seeking to console both himself and his person in any way he could. He trilled as he noticed the other redhead walking past, and Aederyn nodded to the tall woman. They’d been at the gold egg together when it happened. She offered her a small, sad smile and a wave as the girl collected a plate and made her way off. Rudi hummed in her ear as another woman sat down nearby, dark blonde hair pulled away, a sadness in her blue eyes, no doubt reflecting the mood of the entire Weyr. “Hey.” Aederyn offered, unsure what else could be said.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim, fit from hard work at Katila
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"Hey," she got in return and Zarah reached to pet Shard in much the same manner as Aederyn was petting Rudi. The big brown shifted to tuck himself around her neck, warm and affectionate, his eyes reflecting sorrow as well as mild anxiety.

"Do you need company?" She offered a soft smile and pulled her klah in for a sip. There was little to be done about the grief that followed such a loss but all the Weyr felt it.

It made her cold and a little numb.

"I've plenty room at my table."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

With a small smile and shrug, she moved herself from her current spot to the one opposite the other woman, mug of klah in hand. Resting her elbows on the table, she took in the figure across from her.

Even with those few words, she decided she liked this woman. Despite the subdued atmosphere still hanging over everyone, giving them all a right to be a introspective, and even a bit selfish…after all, there was now one less egg on the Sands, meaning one less opportunity to Impress, this woman was still reaching out to see what others needed.

Aederyn hadn’t seen her around before; she must be visiting from another Weyr. She vaguely recalled her scrambling to get out of the way of rampaging Malvayth, as most had been doing during the touching. She hadn’t seen what came of her after that initial panic. “You okay?”

Absently, she rubbed at the small sand burn on the side of her own forearm she’d earned when she tackled the other candidate dodging a particular gold tail. Not quite entirely unscathed, but certainly luckier than some of the others.

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"I was on the outside when everything happened," Zahrah said, "and able to take a few of the younger Candidates to safety. Emotionally, I think all of us are bruised and battered in some way from the experience."

She sipped her klah contemplatively.

"The loss of a dragonet is almost unthinkable as it happened. The instigator should be barred from the Sands unless they both had a hand in it. Violence should never be an answer around the clutch."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“Agreed.” She nodded. “That someone could be so careless foolish around such fragile things…” The thought still left a bitter taste in her mouth and she swallowed hard. “Good job helping some of the others. Doesn’t cease to amaze me how many candidates there are, and so many from other Weyrs, too.” She raised her eyebrows as she thought about how the candidates’ barracks had filled seemingly overnight.

“I guess, all the better to offer the dragonets as many chances to find their match as they can, right?” A number had come for the clutch a month ago, and even more, mostly other women, had piled in for this one. This woman being among them. “You’re visiting, right? For a chance at the gold?”

Rudi chirped, his mood lightened slightly as well, and hopped to the table to try and coax the other brown down from the woman’s shoulder, pleased to have yet another playmate.

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"Mm," Zahrah nodded, "but I'm not sure this one likes me. She wasn't sure I had room for a dragon in my life."

She had spent her life ready for a dragon, ready for that part of her that would never be full to be filled. She half shook her head.

"I have a daughter and a very lovely man who both understand that if or when I Impress, my dragon will always come first. There is nothing I want more than a dragon in my life. The right dragon will see that and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

Aederyn laughed a bit. “By the time I got to her, she was just tired. Tired and overwhelmed. I think I was probably the fifth or sixth set of hands on her shell, after all.”

The woman spoke of her family, a man and their daughter, and she found herself thinking on her own family. “Mm, must be nice.” Her family had pretty much washed their hands of her, except of course for Alekse.“To have their support.” And she meant it, too. But family was who you made it. Other than her brother, her family was her chosen people, in the Weyr, many with winged companions of their own.

She adjusted herself on the bench, offering a small smile. “My brother likes the idea of my Impressing. He’s glad to see me here in the Weyr. We don’t talk a whole lot, though, or at least, not as much as I’d like. He’s off somewhere east right now, chasing some girl.” She chuckled at that. The idea of him committed was still such a novel idea. “I’m hoping to get a message to him though when the Hatching starts that he might be able to attend. If he can hitch a ride with a dragonrider. According to his last letter, he’s become acquainted with several over that way.”

She leaned forward on her elbows, glad for the conversation and distraction from the events of the last several days. “So, a daughter?” This woman didn’t seem very old, her child must be a young thing. As a mental side note, she couldn’t help but think on how everything over the last month has circulated back to children and relationships. She was beginning to work through it, and it was slowly becoming more and more comfortable a topic. “How old?”

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"A daughter, yes. Zarel's ten," she said with a smile. "Eleven, soon, as she likes to remind me. She wants to Stand like me and to be a Runner as well. She's quite fast. But whatever path is hers, she'll find it, I'm sure."

Zahrah sipped at her klah for a while and then smiled radiantly.

"A brother supporting you is lovely," she said with a nod. "I hope he'll be able to attend, then. There are no shortage of riders willing to give a ride to Hatchings, that's for sure."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“She’ll get to fly either way, then, either with wings or her own two feet.” Aederyn laughed. It was nice to hear of other girls aspiring to a craft, and she was glad Weyrfolk seemed so much more accepting of it.

“If your family makes it for the Hatching, I’ll have to meet her. I Ran for a while before I—was searched.” She almost said before ‘she ran off’, but thought better of the impression that might leave. No sense mucking up conversation with needless information that would lead to uncomfortable questions. And she had been Searched. It was just at her request.

Eager to turn the conversation away from herself, feeling she may have talk too much lately, as well as wanting to make a friend of her conversation partner, she asked after the girl again. “Was she born in the Weyr? She’ll be able to stand soon, won’t she? Wouldn’t that be grand, to Impress young. Grow up with a best friend and companion.”

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"At Katila, which seems lifetimes away now," Zahrah said softly. "In another turn, she'll be eligible. You should meet my daughter, then. She does love running and will have an awful lot of questions. So far, since we're from Benden, she's been working on running from the Weyr to one of the older stations on the route. She's getting quite fast about it even in winter."

She sipped more klah and smiled.

"It would be lovely to Impress that young," she agreed. "Perhaps a little older for my sake but I can't tell a dragon what to do or not to do."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

The thought briefly crossed her mind of this Benden candidate being the one her brother had run after…but no. She had a man already, and a child with him, and she got the impression that they’d been happily together for some time. Couldn’t be her. And Runners were common enough that the craft could be sought by anyone with a talent for speed and pace. A shame…this woman was quite nice. If he were going to be taken with anyone, she hoped it was someone like this woman. But if not her… Was he after that other Benden girl? Elloren? Hm…She’d have to watch that girl more carefully.

“Very true.” Aederyn replied, nodding in agreement. She’d stood at one Hatching already, and the next was right around the corner, any day now. She hoped against hope that her life mate would be among them, but no amount of willpower could make a dragon choose her. “Well,” she plucked her klah cup from where she’d abandoned it earlier. “To Impressions. Whatever and whenever those may be.”

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

She raised her cup to that easily. There was nothing more she could drink for than good Impressions.

"To all that come with it," she added gently. "Hopefully, quick and clean Impressions. I've seen some..." Zahrah shook her head and huffed softly. "No, everything will be fine, I'm sure. It has to be. I can't think any other way about it."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“Indeed.” Aederyn frowned into her mug. Thankfully the last Hatching she’d stood at was fairly calm, other than the chaos created by the sheer number of hatchlings. “Quick, clean, and easy. There are only a dozen eggs, it should be.” But then the memory of Malvayth’s own hatching came to mind, and the earthquake, then the mauling, and the gold’s shrieking… Setting her lips in a determined line, she repeated those last words, more for her own comfort than anything. “It should be.”

Across the hall, a small bit of motion caught her eye. Elloren was getting up and moving toward some other candidates gathered around the table where klah and sweet rolls were set out. Hm… Her mug, she now saw, was in need of a refill… “Well, it was an absolute pleasure making your acquaintance, and I hope we get the opportunity to talk again. For now, though, more klah.” With that, she rose, headed toward klah, and, perhaps, the person her brother had taken to so much…

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)