World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.02 | First Look
11am | Zelana

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Quinvalis didn't release Zelana's hand until they were in the tiny room he shared with another Candidate that currently wasn't in. He shut the door and exhaled like he had been holding his breath for the last ten minutes. After they had told everyone they were unscathed and weren't near Malvayth at the time, they fled, Quinvalis leading the way.

He still didn't want to think about what had just happened--it was so much to take in. Corvilis being a jerk, a fight breaking out, an egg breaking and apparently a dragonet dying, Malvayth's anger... That was the part that bothered him the most. Malvayth was one of the sweetest dragons he knew, always so happy and ready to listen and tell stories. Seeing her like that was hard to come to terms with but it also hurt knowing the pain she was in. She was so proud of her eggs and in love with them--her prizes. He wanted to cry but he was still too shaken to even get to that part of grieving and recovery.

Besides, he still wanted to make sure Zelana was aware of what she had signed up for. Touchings were supposed to be the safe portion of the routine but now Quinvalis couldn't even safely rely on that fact. He used to only have to worry about the mental torment the eggs could provide, not physical injuries. "Touchings aren't usually like that," he finally said, finding some words that weren't just the screaming in his head that he had been doing for several minutes now. "They're more an attack on your mind, not... not that. Not the violence. That's more of a Hatching thing."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
"That..." Zelana closed her eyes and leaned back against the door for a moment as she nodded. It was good to know that really wasn't normal and not just an example of the teacher and everyone else assuming she'd know about it. "Good to know... my egg wasn't mean it was just... confusing. I still wasn't sure how to feel about it when..." her voice trailed off and she just gave a small wave.

Maybe they still shouldn't say anything. What if someone could hear them through the door? What if Corvilis heard that they knew? It was probably safer to just talk about something else so Zelly took a look around the room before sitting on the edge of Quinvalis's bed. "I heard Hatchings can be dangerous... but I also heard it could get weird at Touchings and I still wasn't really expecting or prepared for that. Even without the other stuff. It's not supposed to be a thing that happens too often, or at least that was what the teacher said. I know some candidates have died before."

Maybe that had been something they downplayed, though she wasn't sure how they could downplay death. A'tay had mentioned how it would be much safer to stay near Mylorah after all, though she wasn't sure if that was just because she was good at paying attention, or if she actually had experience punching baby dragons in self defense or something. Zelly would have to ask later.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

"My egg was judgmental." That wasn't fair. "It tried to be encouraging but..." Quinvalis shrugged. He supposed calling it all confusing was accurate. He didn't want to hear those things but probably needed to and was always left thinking about the interactions. Even now, he didn't think he was entirely lonely and he confided in Halomirth... maybe he did need to try confiding in a person, though. They were the ones that understood emotions and interactions better than a dragon who had their own view on everything.

He stared at Zelana in silence, knowing he wanted to warn her about the dangers of Hatchings though he didn't know why and he wasn't sure he wanted to go to the extreme. Maybe he did consider her a friend of sorts; she certainly hung around him often enough in the last couple of weeks and she sat beside him at the Touching. And he grabbed her hand for support when shit went done.

With only a sigh, he crouched down to unlace and remove his boots. As soon as he had, Quinvalis wondered why since showing off his leg scars would be easier by removing the pants but he wore nothing underneath. With his face heating up he skipped that tried to look at Zelly without adding to the blush. "Hatchings are very dangerous, no matter what anyone says. Even the one a few weeks ago had a few bumps and scratches but nothing serious. Hatchlings are enthusiastic but also can be scary. My theory is they're wild and uncontrolled before bonding." How else could one explain a hatchling intentionally attacking a girl and eating her face? He was so glad he wasn't at that one.

"I've been injured in a human stampede at Telgar when a gold hatchling rampaged and everyone panicked." Rightly so. Even small, they were still large enough to do damage--which he knew too well. With a deep breath, Quinvalis pulled off his long sleeved shirt and tossed it on his bed.

"I was also mauled when an excited blue and I crashed into each other at Aradissicath's Hatching last year. I was pinned to the ground and he scrambled to get off me and tore up my arms, legs, and torso. I barely survived and only because I threw my arms up to protect my neck and face and he didn't hit anything important elsewhere." He demonstrated how he had his arms to fully show off the scars. They weren't as big and ugly as they apparently could have been thanks to Indivara scaring him into listening to the healers but they were still there and easily seen if he let them be.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

For a moment Zelana was sorely tempted to say something to try and break the silence, but with how Quinvalis was watching her she felt like anything she did could spook him. She wasn't sure what she would be spooking him from, but she decided to just keep quiet, keep watching, and just wait to see what he'd do. Taking off his boots was probably just harmless, he was probably just trying to get comfortable.

Though that didn't explain why he was starting to turn a shade pink. Zelly shifted her weight slightly as she waited to see what he was going to do next. Maybe he was the sort that wanted to fuck to calm his nerves? Or maybe he just wanted to cuddle. She hoped it was for cuddling since that was her preferred way to burn off the sort of stress they'd just experienced. Zelly nodded along as he continued to speak. It made sense she supposed, to be born more wild and not know what you were doing until you found someone.

The talk about being injured in a stampede made her frown though. "I didn't even think about getting hurt on accident because of other people panicking..." and then her voice trailed off as Quinvalis started taking off his shirt. She almost didn't notice the scars at first, distracted by wondering if he was going to take off more, but once she noticed the first pale line on his skin she started to see more.

Zelly leaned forward to get a better look, eyes following the lines as they slid along his skin, in some places looking very obviously like they were left by claws, and in others a bit too messy to tell. It was a bit like looking at the clouds, she could see shapes in them, see mazes and pathways that had her lifting a hand to try and trace. She stopped herself short though, instead lifting her hand to ask him to pause as she asked, "Can I touch them?" The question seemed to catch him off guard and she gestured towards one of the scars on his arm as she said, "They have interesting shapes in them... that one looks a little like a shark. Do they still hurt at all or have they finished healing?"

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis took a step back, startled by Zelana reaching for him and asking to touch the scars. Why would anyone want to touch them? No one wanted to see them unless they wanted to gossip about him and see how badly torn up he really had been. He sometimes still overheard people whispering that it wasn't bad at all and he only got a scratch or two and was embellishing it for attention. From what he had heard, he'd passed out and was bleeding out quite nicely so a lot of those gossiping fools just made him roll his eyes and know who the real attention whores were.

But Zelana was continuously throwing him off. She wouldn't give up on getting him to converse and kept throwing in the idea they should cuddle, and now when he showed off what happened at Hatchings to scare her into being alert or not Stand at all, she wants to get closer.

"I don't understand you," he confessed, not for the first time since meeting her. "But I don't understand myself either because I'm about to say... fine." He tooka few steps closer, paused with a nibble to his lip, and then sat down beside her. The egg had told him to confide in someone and showing the scars counted as that in his mind. So far it was working out okay and he could at least let her examine them closer.

"Sometimes they itch and I think they hurt but L'gan says that pain is in my head. Just phantom memories of the first couple of months. I don't get them as much now."

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"I wonder if it has anything to do with the weather," Zelana said to herself. She realized she was thinking aloud and glanced up to meet his eyes as she elaborated, "I've listened to old sailors talk sometimes about how old injuries hurt when the weather is going to be bad, so that's how they know when storms are coming or things like that." She went back to studying his scars, surprised that he'd relented. She was fully expecting him to tell her no or even try to send her away, but here he was sitting on the bed next to her being shirtless.

She could probably turn this into cuddling if she played her cards right. For now though she tried to keep a light touch as she traced a finger carefully along the scars that formed the shape of the shark, or at least the shark she could see. "There's the fin on the back, and that's the tail, and these are the front fins." Up close, with her fingers following the contours of the scars, she could still only imagine how bad it had been. She traced along, occasionally skipping across healthy unscarred skin to connect to a new scar until she was examining a scar on his torso.

It was a lot of scarring, more than she would have expected, but at least they seemed to have healed well; they weren't broad sunken discolored chunks like she'd seen on some people. From a distance she couldn't even see some of the finer lines. "And this was all from one baby dragon? You must be very brave." Zelly wasn't sure she'd be able to go try and Stand for another clutch if something like this had happened to her, and she couldn't even imagine how scary it would have been in the moment. Since she already had permission to touch his scars, she decided that must surely extend to a hug and she leaned in to wrap her arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze. "Thank you for letting me see them. Do you want me to show you more shapes? I found a dragon on your chest. Or maybe it's a bird... it has wings either way."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis didn't quite see the shape, even with Zelana pointing out each part of the animal. Maybe his imagination also died along the way or maybe it was just perspective since he had a different view of the scar. Either way, he let her have her fun as he tried not to shiver under her touch as it kind of tickled.

He had been distracting himself with the weather idea when she called him brave. Quinvalis quickly shook his head to shut that idea down. "Hardly. This is the first time Standing since it happened and I'm still terrified--" he cut off when he was pulled into a hug. That was unexpected, only it shouldn't have been given who he was with. But she was pulling away before he could react with more than a light touch to her waist, his indecision ruining the chance to be nice and return the gesture.

"Um, if you want? The ones on my chest will be harder for me to see them like you do, though." He quickly pointed out so she wouldn't get mad when he failed to see the next animal he was apparently carrying around.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Well you're still going to Stand after all of that... and all of what just happened. So even if you're terrified you're still pretty brave." Zelana tilted her head curiously as she watched him, happy that he seemed to still be calm and not kicking her out of his room or trying to run away after the hug. Progress!

After their harrowing experience on the Sands it was a huge relief and a high point to be able to sit there with Quinvalis and think about something else. She looked around to see if she could spot a mirror in his room, but didn't immediately see one so she shrugged off the idea of trying to point things out in his reflection. Instead she started to trace her finger along the scars again on his chest, hoping that would be enough for him to help visualize it. "So right here is the dragon's head, and this swoop is its neck leading to a wing..."

She continued to describe the shapes she found as she traced them, finding it a nice and soothing distraction, at least for a moment. It was hard to forget that they were caused by a baby dragon... and soon enough she'd be standing out there waiting for one as they did whatever they wanted before they bonded with someone. Zelly paused, her hand pressing flat against his chest for a moment to just soak in some comforting warmth. "Can we lay down and cuddle a little while I find shapes? It's fine if you don't want to. I just... I think it would be nice after what happened earlier."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Despite his upside down view, Quinvalis was able to see some of what was pointed out. He never would have sought out shapes in the ugly reminder of that day on his own and he wasn't sure he would when he was alone either. But for the moment, it was nice to see beauty of some sort in them. Zelly also didn't reel away or make any sort of comment. There wasn't even pity. Just a curiosity and a good imagination.

So when she asked to lie down and cuddle, Quinvalis nodded. She still confused him and constantly left him wondering 'why me' but she treated him kindly and didn't care that he was scarred or had a close relationship with the Weyrleader. She just wanted a friend and Quinvalis was realizing he did as well. Zelly could be annoying with her persistence but he enjoyed her company as well.

He shifted to lie down on his back but having never cuddled someone before, he really had no idea what to do from there and waited for Zelly to take the lead like she always did. When she was settled against his side and he had an arm loosely around her, Quinvalis noted how intimate they must have looked and his awkwardness came flooding back. He was mostly naked with a pretty girl running her hands over his body! And now he was desperately aware of his breathing and if it would bother Zelana. Should he hold his breath? Shallow breaths? He was falling apart but at least he was in his own bed when he died of embarrassment because his lower half of his body was starting to respond to the touching. He tried to think about the horrible morning to distract himself.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

The cuddles were happening! Zelana took the time that Quinvalis used to lie back and get settled to try and focus on not getting too excited about her victory. No grinning, no giggles, just deep breaths and calm before she snuggled in close to his side and let out a pleased sigh. This was a much better way to relax after that earlier bit of panic.

She was lazily tracing her fingers along his scars again when she noticed he wasn't really as comfortable as he should be. Was he holding his breath part of the time? Zelly slid her arm around his torso to give him a gentle squeeze and then turned her head to set a very soft kiss on the shoulder she was resting her head on. "Let me know if I'm making you uncomfortable and need to adjust. We could spoon instead if you'd like."

Zelly settled back into the cuddle while he decided, her head shifting more to rest on his chest so she could better watch her fingers sliding along scars. Though that meant she could suddenly see part of why he might have been acting uncomfortable. Seducing him wasn't part of her original plan for getting Quinvalis to cuddle, but it certainly seemed like it was becoming a more viable option. She tried to keep her attention mostly on the scars but that only led her to notice that some of them ran down into his pants. Unable to help herself she asked, "You said your legs have scars too right? Could I see them?"

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“I’m fine. Totally comfortable. What makes you think I’m not? Spooning?” Quinvalis wasn’t panicking. No way. Not at all. His voice only cracked slightly on the last word and maybe that did count as panicking since he didn’t know what he had gotten himself into. “I’m fine, this is fine.” Was it fine? He supposed so since spooning was probably even more intimate and was that even something friends did with each other? He was barely even at a point where he was willing to call Zelana a friend so he suspected spooning wasn’t appropriate. But what did he know? Clearly not enough!

It seemed like Zelly was content to leave them as they were and Quinvalis was just starting to find a way to breathe without bothering her when a previous comment came back to bite him in the ass. “What?!” He squeaked again and tried to scramble away but then felt guilty for disturbing Zelly and froze in place instead. He tried to speak again but his brain was stalling. It was simple enough to explain that those scars were probably boring and lacked shapes and she had enough to look at already but words were suddenly very difficult to find and form on his tongue.

Until they weren’t and he blurted out the truth. “I’m not wearing anything under my pants.” Curse his mother for raising him to not lie! Instinct had him confessing instead of trying to sound believable in anything else he may have been able to come up with.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelana was starting to develop a fondness for watching shy boys get flustered and she couldn't help but smile as she watched him flounder for a bit even as he jostled her from her comfortable cuddle. He still wasn't running away, so she was still not too worried. His eventual confession left her confused for a moment though and she blurted out, "So? I'm not either."

But then she remembered this was a shy boy she was dealing with and she wrapped her arms around him in a comforting, but also trapping, hug. "But it's fine, you can show me your leg scars later. As much fun as it could be to try to get you out of your pants and maybe see what happens, I'd actually prefer to just cuddle for now... it helps me calm down and feel better. So thank you for letting me cuddle with you at all."

Feeling just a tiny bit bold, Zelly stretched up to give him a soft kiss before snuggling back up against his side, head resting on his shoulder. Now she just had to think of ways to get him to calm back down again to make the cuddle truly comfortable. She tried to think of a good topic to change to, one that wasn't snow or dragons. "What is your favorite thing to eat? Maybe I'll try to cook it for you sometime."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Great. Like he needed the thought of Zelly also not wearing underwear in his head right then! He barely stopped from groaning at the torture she was putting him through when she hinted she wouldn't mind getting him out of his pants. He was likely reading too much into it and she just wanted the view of the scars but Quinvalis knew where his mind was wandering and what he and his hand would be thinking about that night. He was so pathetic! If he was bolder, he would have made some sort of move and--

The gentle kiss shut his brain off again. It was fleeting and sweet...and his first kiss. He was blushing furiously and so glad that Zelly had curled back up against him and couldn't notice. Unfortunately she could probably still see the affect she had on him with his erection still straining his pants but Quinvalis did his best to pretend it wasn't there. And food! That was something he could focus on. Maybe.

"I don't really have a favourite food. I never wanted to be an inconvenience so I ate whatever was served and enjoyed it all." Oh look, another pathetic answer. How Zelana put up with him was always the question. "I guess I wouldn't mind you making the stew you said you liked making. I haven't tried the recipe yet." They had swapped a recipe each but Quinvalis didn't want to ask anyone if he could make a mess in their kitchen.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

With a nod that served to nuzzle her face against his skin, Zelly smiled. "Then I'll make stew and bring it over here later. Maybe tomorrow or the day after?" Zoremet had already suggested that she use R'dal's kitchen to do some cooking in while she was here in Fort, and she could make something extra for the two of them as well as thanks for the use of the kitchen. Cooking would be a nice treat for herself as well, something normal to do. "Oh I hope you like spicy food, because I love spicy food. If you can't handle it though I can make it a little more mild."

Zelana grinned as she started to trace the scars on his chest again, keeping her touch teasingly light. "Though I'm sure I can help you build up our tolerance to spiciness if you'll let me." Had she meant that as an innuendo? Probably, though she was truly interested in getting yet another person into spicy food with her. "Is it find if I sleep with you, by the way? The cuddling is nice and a nap might be good. If you want though I can just wait to nap until I get back to my cot, or I could find Zory if he's not busy cuddling someone else."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“I like some spiciness,” Quinvalis wasn’t sure what his tolerance was or if there was even spicier than what he had had in the past but the way Zelana spoke, he had a feeling Ista had some secret herbs or vegetables that he had never had. He should tell her to keep it mild but he was kind of curious—and he doubted she could get what was needed that easily if it was a regional thing so he didn’t have to worry.

No, he could spend all his energy worrying about the cuddles and sharing his bed. He had to admit, a nap did sound nice, though. It was barely midday but the Touching had shaken them up quite nicely and then he had to go and share his trauma and show his scars. Oh, and of course his hormones not having a clue about what to do with the situation. He was absolutely exhausted. There was no fight left in him and he couldn’t even muster the energy to tell her to leave. So he nodded. “You can stay.” Besides, it would be rude to kick Zelana out considering she had gone through the same event—and they still hadn’t talked about not talking about what they possibly saw. Maybe after the nap when they were thinking a bit clearer and had time to think on it more.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)