World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.02.01 | New Space, New Face
2pm | Open

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Larnell was feeling… overwhelmed. He’d gone from hiding away from his father in the home he’d grown up in, to being “Searched” by his visiting uncle’s dragon, to being packed up, and shipped off to the Weyr said uncle resided in. Now there he was, standing just outside R’nd’s and B’jin’s weyr, with his pack over one shoulder, wondering what it is he was supposed to do. R’nd had given him detailed instructions on where the Candidate barracks were, and offered to take him, but Larnell didn’t want to be bothersome and his uncle had other plans that didn’t involve chaperoning wayward nephews.

Thumbnail of his right hand finding its way between his teeth, Larnell took a deep breath and puffed it out, dropping his hand away from his mouth and biting his bottom lip instead. He’d head to the Candidate barracks and claim a bunk, and then… well. Maybe the dining hall to see what that was made up of. He enjoyed social areas like that; they often had friendly people and fun conversations and Larnell needed both. He was still feeling quite bogged down by the grief of losing his wife and child, and was doing his best not to dwell on it.

Larnell got lost several times on the way to the barracks, but wasn’t surprised by that fact. When he did make it, he found it almost empty. Apparently all the interested Candidates had been shipped off to another Weyr (Fort, he thought someone said) to partake in the pending Hatching. R’nd had said something about taking him if he wanted, but Larnell couldn’t think of anything worse than Impressing five minutes after moving to the Weyr and opted out. He’d take some lessons, and some time, and see what the future brought him. Besides; he hadn’t been officially Searched so he wasn’t even sure there was anything in him that a dragon would want. R’nd had just been kind enough to slap that label on him for Reasons.

Dumping what little he’d brought with him on a bunk and not worrying about whether or not there were bullies in the leftovers who would steal or rummage through his stuff, Larnell left the barracks. Those that were in it didn’t seem interested in conversations or meetings, so he left them be. The dining hall was a lot easier to find, and Larnell entered it confidently, even though he wasn’t really feeling all that confident. Head held high, eyes bright, and curiosity thrumming he was a little disappointed by how empty it was, but there were enough people milling around gossiping and he figured he’d find someone to mingle with without too much issue.

Like that person there! Smiling politely, Larnell made his way to the other person, who was sitting along but wasn’t giving off airs of ‘leave me alone’. Perfect! “Hi. Mind if I join you?” He asked politely, voice low and warm and smile still sitting pretty on his pouty face as he waited for a response.

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
S'far was lost in thought as he nibbled on a piece of bread, lazily lounging in his chair as he pondered the door situation. He'd finished getting it cut through the wall with a bit of assistance from one of his apprentice bronzeriders (though explaining to K'dar that it was a good and valuable lesson that definitely applied to running a weyr had taken a bit of mental gymnastics to pull off), and now he was trying to think of how exactly he wanted to handle mounting the door itself. Clearly it needed to be something more substantial than a curtain, but mounting the door on only one side of the thick stone wall just seemed awkward.

Perhaps he could do two doors, one on each side so that if a little lover's spat happened one could lock the other out. And if either T'ryn or Cazan left the Weyr for some reason, whoever moved in would probably find that a satisfactory enough solution instead of having to wall up the door completely.

The greeting had him looking up curiously, head tilted as he studied the young man. Not one he recognized, probably a new candidate. At least he was polite, and S'far smiled as he nodded. He wondered if the young man had any idea who he was, his smile broadening to a grin as he considered postponing an introduction. He could potentially have a bit of fun, and maybe learn a bit more about the young man if he tried to delay a proper introduction. "Take a seat, so long as you return it before you leave. What brings you here?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Larnell blinked, then grinned at the quip about the chair. “Yes sir,” he said cheerfully, pulling out the seat and setting himself down as he subtly looked for knots. He had no idea if the man before him was truly a ‘sir’, but he also knew that while he had been high ranking, now he was just a Candidate and from what he understood, that was little better than being a drudge. Talk about topsy-turvy!

“Dining Halls are a great place to meet people,” Larnell said easily, shrugging one shoulder and picking at the table’s edge with a smile. “Food makes people happy, and happy people are friendlier.” Certainly friendlier than finding some Hangry person out in the weyrbowl or something! Larnell was still a bit too overwhelmed by the whole dragon thing to feel comfortable roaming around where they might land on him. He knew Ayyonth enough to be comfortable around the blue, but he was also kind of smaller than some of the others Larnell had caught sight of before.

“Do you have a dragon?” He asked boldly, his expression changing to one of pure curiosity and wonder. True, he didn’t want to be squished by one, but they were absolutely amazing creatures and while he hadn’t really been truly Searched, he did hope to Impress one in the future! Maybe a nice blue like his uncle. Since he’d finally gotten rid of the pressures that came with holding rank, he wasn’t sure he was interested in getting himself a bronze. Heh. He could only imagine how disgusted his father would be if he Impressed a ‘lowly blue’. “Oh! I’m Larnell! I was Searched today by R’nd’s dragon.” Sort of. But he’d been told to keep that to himself. “He offered to take me to… Um. The other Weyr that has a clutch. But I want to get used to the Weyr first.”

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far smiled at being called sir, even though he was dressed down from working on the door earlier and not wearing his knots or anything else identifying. Or maybe he was a clever lad and already knew who he was, perhaps he could have asked someone else for the Weyrleader and been sent his way. You are ridiculous and over thinking things.

The dragon was proven right when the young man eagerly asked if he had one at all. S'far chuckled and nodded. "I suppose that is a good a reason as any to come to the Dining Hall. And I more than half a dragon, I've got a whole one." He took a closer look at the young man when he mentioned R'nd, wondering if the family resemblance he saw was imagined or real. It didn't matter either way though, he could find out later with a quick chat if he decided it was important. "Well it is a pleasure to meet you Larnell. I can understand wanting to bunker down here instead of heading to Fort. So you're a Hold boy then? Hopefully you don't cling too tightly to some of those ways."

He took another nibble of his bread before chuckling. "Have you had a tour yet or have you been wandering around looking for well fed dragonriders to introduce yourself to? I could show you around if you'd like."

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

“What’s his name? What colour is he? It is a ‘he’, right? Did I just insult your dragon?” Curiosity changed to horror and he stared wide eyed at the other man, biting his bottom lip in worry, hoping he hadn’t just caused a huge insult to a girl dragon, though the odds were the man was bonded to a male dragon. And he didn’t really have that flighty look Larnell was used to seeing in B’jin, who was a greenrider, and he kind of expected that from a greenrider as a result.

Once he was reassured he hadn’t caused insult, Larnell flickered back to the other topics that had been touched on, smiling brightly. “Was!” He was so glad to be free of the Hold. It was such a relief to be without the weight of heirdom on his shoulders and his father breathing down his neck with his expectations and demands… Losing Azende still hurt, and the loss of his child before the boy had a chance… that hurt, it hurt so bad that for a moment Larnell’s expression faltered before he packed his grief away once more – he’d face it that night – and flashed a bright smile.

“I haven’t had a tour, though I saw a fair bit of the Weyr as I got here from the barracks.” He chuckled softly, thinking of all the twists and turns he’d taken and how lost he had gotten. “Uncle R’nd offered to show me around, but I kind of like just wandering and seeing it as I go. Thanks for the offer though!” So long as he could find his way to his lessons whenever they started, Larnell wasn’t too worried about getting lost. Unless he got lost trying to find a toilet. That would be a bit of a worry!

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far couldn't help but laugh at the sudden concern the young man had when he thought he could possibly be insulting. "It's fine, it's fine. My old man is a bronze." Do not drag me into your silly games. Just introduce me properly. With a smirk at his dragon's demand, he added, "His name is Urudith. He wanted me to just tell you and not dragon and on about it."

He noted the brief moment where Larnell's face fell and he resisted the urge to try and offer reassurance for something he didn't even know about. Assumptions weren't always appreciated after all, and the young man's life in the Hold didn't matter anymore so long as he was a candidate here. Though there was that bit of resemblance confirmed. "Ah he's your uncle? He's a good man. You should do just fine in the Weyr. Though you shouldn't have to wander alone while you explore."

Old man, do I have any important meetings that I'm forgetting about? S'far could feel the wave of exasperation from Urudith as the dragon responded, I am not your secretary, but no. You have nothing important that I've been told about at least. So nothing involving any important dragon riders. S'far grinned as he slapped a hand on the table. "I'll walk with you while you explore the Weyr. That way I'll be able to answer any questions that come to mind. An unguided guided tour of sorts."

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Larnell blinked at what sounded an awful lot like a pun, but he wasn’t quite sure, and the conversation had moved on before he could speak up to ask about it. Or get the courage to speak up and ask about it. But it had sounded like he said dragon, as in the beasts, and not two separate words like drag on but maybe he just spoke a little funny and Larnell didn’t want to embarrass the man if that was the case! Not when he was being so nice.

“Oh, that’s – okay.” Larnell started, before giving in easily with a small smile when his companion slapped the table and looked absolutely thrilled at the prospect of shadowing him while he explored the Weyr. Larnell thought such a thing sounded absolutely boring for the dragonrider, but if he insisted, Larnell could cope with a companion. “Thanks,” he said politely, meaning it even if he would have been completely content to wander around unsupervised. The fact that the bronzerider was willing to answer any questions Larnell might think up was cool, though. He was sure something would pop up at some point and having someone there to ask without reservation would be good!

Speaking of questions popping up – “Um, before we go walking, is there anyone I should report to that I’m… here?” He had no doubt that the Weyrleaders were much too busy to take note of Candidates that were coming and going, but there was likely a Headwoman or someone in charge of the Candidates that should be told of his arrival, probably. Someone to issue chores to him (eww) or whatever it was that the Candidates got up to when there wasn’t a Clutch on the Sands. Would he have to do lessons? What kind of lessons did one do prior to Impression? Especially since he was quite good at the basics!

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far was already eager to see where they would go, what questions the young man would ask, and more importantly, how long before the jig was up and he was found out as not just a random bored old man. You are a random bored old man. Why can't you putter about your garden or work on that door some more? At least then you seem somewhat dignified. Urudith thought this entire thing was tiresome. Who cared if this was a new candidate, give the boy a chance to prove himself worthy of their attention first! S'far easily brushed the thoughts aside for now though. Just because he had a job to do didn't mean he wasn't allowed to have fun on occasion. Even if it was odd fun.

Lardnell's first question made him pause as he considered. "Oh I suppose you should meet the Candidate Master and the Headwoman eventually. You will need to know what chores you'll be doing to help out and they will have to figure out what classes you'll need to brush up on to give you a good head start in case you Impress one day. But we can save that for later; if they wonder what took you so long you can just tell them you were learning more about the Weyr. Now then, son," S'far grinned as he gave Larnell a firm slap on the back, "where to first? Do you have any sorts of hobbies or interest other than dragons? Maybe I can make a suggestion based off of that."

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Larnell grunted at the heavy slap to his back, not having been expecting it as he mulled over the eventual meeting with the Master and the Headwoman. He really didn’t think keeping them waiting on his meeting them was a good idea, since people in those kinds of ranks tended to be short tempered with tardiness, but he wasn’t really willing to argue with the dragonrider. A bronze dragonrider. He’d just tell them the truth – he got roped into walking around with a strange bronzerider who was insistent on being his guide.

Smiling, though he could still feel his back stinging where the man’s hand had slapped down, Larnell stood beside the bronzerider and thought about his question, picking at his lower lip as he did so. “Well, besides dining halls?” He asked, flashing a grin that faded quickly, though the amusement was still lingering on his features. “Not really, if I’m honest.” He enjoyed learning, and listening, and he was fairly quiet by nature so Larnell wasn’t really inclined to talk about himself. He wasn’t really sure if he had any hobbies – the things he’d had to do as Heir didn’t count – but felt the Weyr might be a good place to find one or two.

“What do people of the Weyr do to occupy themselves when they aren’t doing chores?” He asked after several moments of thought, pausing for a moment to make sure his companion was ready to begin their aimless wandering around the Weyr, before setting off towards the exit of the Dining Hall, and turning in the opposite direction than he had entered from. No point going back over what he’d already seen! He was genuinely curious about what he would do when he wasn’t doing chores or brushing up on his education. What was there to do? Could he hide away in a library somewhere? Did Weyrs have libraries?

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Not really? Come on, you have to be interested in something. Maybe you're secretly an artist? Perhaps you draw inspiration from nature, enjoy sketchy situations? Do you read? There is a library, though the best parts of the collection are sometimes already booked by another avid rider reader. Or perhaps you take after the Weyrleader. He has quite the collection of hoes. Uses them to weed out quite a few potential problems. He can be quite de-fence-ive about his territory though. So just be sure to stay out of his garden unless you want to help out."

Don't do this. You will scar the poor boy. S'far chuckled, giving Larnell another firm slap on the back as they began their wandering. "Otherwise, if you're not interested in gardening, some people enjoy a bit of crafting. We don't have the same resources as a proper Craft Hall, but there are plenty of talented individuals to learn a thing or two from if anything catches your fancy. I'm currently working on a project to add a door between two adjacent Weyrs for one of R'nd's boys. Oh, some people enjoy fishing or camping. I enjoy getting out myself on occasion."

S'far scratched his chin as he tried to think of other potential sources of entertainment. "I suppose you could always try to find a nice young lady or gentleman for entertainment as well if that was something you were interested in. I'd be a terrible wingman though."

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Larnell was aware, now, that the bronzerider was definitely spouting puns. Sketchy situation? He was smiling slightly as he walked along beside him, wondering if the man was aware that he hadn’t shared his name yet, or if he should ask for it again. He was entertaining, at least, though Larnell wasn’t expecting the comment about the Weyrleader and choked on a breath at the information that the man had a collection of hoes he used to weed out problems. It took until the bronzerider mentioned his garden for Larnell to realise he didn’t mean the man had a collection of women nosing out gossip. Larnell tried to fight off the blush at his misunderstanding, but couldn’t stop the snorting laugh.

A small laugh that came to a gasping halt when his back was slapped again. He stumbled a step, not having expected it at all. But that was twice now, so clearly the man beside him had a thing for back slapping. Okay, so be prepared. He could remember that. He came back from his musing at the side mention of one of his cousins, and Larnell nodded. He wasn’t sure about camping or fishing or rock work to make doors, but it was certainly interesting to learn what occupied other people’s time when they had it to spare.

“Aah,” Larnell stumbled over the word at finding a companion, and flushed darkly. “I’ll pass.” He said with a soft voice, but his words were firm. He could lose himself in lust, but while he’d never been head over heels in love with Azende, he’d never betrayed her either. Which meant all his sexual exploits had been with the young woman he’d had to bury not so long ago. The idea of sleeping with another woman was… Larnell shook his head, dispelling the thoughts and pursed his lips. “Maybe I’ll check out the library.” He said after a moment, though his voice was still slightly distant.

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far raised an eyebrow curiously at Larnell's reaction to his last suggestion. "Of course, you don't have to chase after anyone if you don't want to, though hopefully you aren't bothered by how much more open things are here than out in the Holds." If the boy impressed a dragon that would be a different matter of course, but he would leave him to learn those sorts of things in his classes. Dragons had needs and desires after all, and S'far didn't know a rider that would or could deny their mate. Not that Urudith had chased anyone in a while to demonstrate that point, but the bronze had always been a bit picky and S'far had lost a lot of his own drive for a while after Ronelia had passed.

The mention of the library was a happy enough change of topic and S'far eagerly nodded, gesturing towards the path they should take. "That way then. It's not the most well stocked library, I'm not sure if you're from a Hold that has a more impressive collection, but I think it does rather well. We've been turning a new leaf and trying to collect more books, even assigning a few scribes to make copies from borrowed texts. If you have the spine for it maybe you can help out here. You could always try to speak with someone tome-morrow about it once you're settled in more."

He led the way to the library and pushed open the doors before ushering in Larnell. "Here we are. Not much page-entry, but I'm rather fond of it."

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

“I’m not, really,” Larnell mumbled, feeling embarrassed as he trotted to keep up with the other man’s long strides. “Just not interested in playing.” He said, and was thankful when the subject was dropped in exchange for focusing on the library. Larnell let himself fall into that topic without as much reservation, relaxing as his companion babbled about it, and smiled slightly. “I have a neat hand,” Larnell said easily, “though I’m unsure about a project as intense as copying a whole book.”

He’d certainly never done anything that impressive with his writing, and while he felt he did indeed have a neat hand, he wasn’t sure if it was up to the whole book copying standard that Harpers were more often employed for… He was interrupted by the pun, and snorted softly to himself as he followed his companion to the door and was ushered inside the library. Larnell looked around with curious interest, smirking slightly at the introductory pun but not commenting on them.

“Nice,” he said, rightly impressed by what he was seeing. It wasn’t a Harper Hall library, but it was hardly small and he was certainly interested by the number of spines he could see lining the shelves that were nearby. It didn’t matter what the tomes contained, he wanted to explore them all. His home library wasn’t nearly as impressive and had mostly been stocked with records of income and expenditure which was quite boring to read after a while. “I think I’ll need to memorise the path from here to my barracks,” he said with a girn, still looking around curiously.

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Well I'm sure there are other things you could help with other than copying an entire book. Sorting things and the like. There is quite the assortment of books you know. Lots of book keeping of the books. Maybe minor repairs, you know how it goes. Some people are tear-able with how they treat books." S'far was glad to see that Larnell was interested in the library though. It was probably a good indication of his character or intellect in some regard.

S'far strolled along through the library, pointing out different sections of books and the best little corners to read in (at least in his opinion). "I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly enough. And if you decide you want to help out just let someone know. I'm sure they can find something for you here." Are you going to do this to every new candidate now? Or is such preferential treatment reserved for those bold enough to speak to you? He wrinkled his nose in an amused smile as he thought back to his dragon, I think only those that are bold enough for now. Though is it really bold if he didn't know who I was? I suppose I still was a strange man so there's at least that.

After giving Larnell enough time to look around he quietly asked, "So, was there anything else you were interested in seeing? Or shall I just leave you to the books? I know some people like to spend a bit more time in here than others."

Date of Birth
01.03.721, 24
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Larnell followed after his companion happily, taking in all that was said about and seen within the library. He loved books, loved learning. Finding a library full of new material to read was exciting, and Larnell couldn’t wait to lose himself in a world of new information. The section of fantasy books caught his attention, and he paused to presue a couple of titles with curiosity. He’d never seen and certainly never read stories that were made up; all Larnell had ever had access to were works of fact, not fiction. How fascinating!

“I didn’t know this type of book existed!” Larnell said with curious interest, holding up a book that had a rather bland cover, but the blurb on the back was interesting. Some kind of steamy romance, apparently – which definitely spiked his interest – “Are all these books make-believe?” He asked the bronzerider, peering up at the shelving. So many! “Who writes them all?” His eyes were wide. How much time did it take to write a book about made up things? It was such a bizarre concept!

“Um, I think I’d like to hang around here for a while,” Larnell grinned, still holding his romance book. “I’ve never read anything like this. It sounds fun.” His eyes were sparkling with innocent excitement; he had absolutely no idea the filth that was in the particular book he’d picked up.

PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Oh we get all sorts of donations. One of the other bronzeriders has been working hard to increase the supply as well, something about knowing a Harper." At least that's what he thought he remembered K'dar saying when he'd asked the young man about the influx of fiction books. S'far smiled in amusement at the questions. "Yes these are all made up as far as I know, they should have the author marked on them, though I'm not sure if it's a real name or a fake one considering the content."

S'far eyed the book that Larnell had grabbed, eyebrow raised curiously. "An interesting choice. I've personally never been as interested in those sorts of fantasies but I can understand why some find them appealing. Just make sure you put it back where you found it when you are done and don't do that silly thing where you fold the pages to mark your place. The front desk should have some spare slips of paper you can use if you need."

Still, odd choice of book or not, S'far was glad to see that the young man was excited and happy. He chuckled and gave Larnell a pat on the shoulder. "Have fun, don't get too wrapped up in your pages. Or at least make sure you have a good cover story of your own. I am going to head back out, but if you ever have any other questions feel free to find me and ask and I will try to answer them if I have time."

With another pat, S'far turned to leave before Larnell could catch him with any other questions. You realize you never actually introduced yourself. Oh I know. It's funnier this way.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)