World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
742.01.15 | A Gentle Respite
1pm | Esille

Date of Birth
15.04.698 ,
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
A hoof stomped, knocking the bug off a leg as Pendalier waited patiently for Esille to come along. He'd decided to spoil her a bit and knew full well that she enjoyed anything that was enjoyed by those at a higher station than she was. So a quick hack around the hold lands would be suitable so he'd sent another drudge with the message. All she had to do was dress appropriately with the necklace he'd demanded she never remove wrapped around her pretty neck and he would do the rest.

The gentle bay mare he'd chosen for her was chosen specifically for her placidity, Pen couldn't have Esille on a runner that could harm her. His own mount was a chestnut stud he'd purchased some time ago from Raigan and today was the first time they'd be under saddle. So far the beast was calm enough and gentle enough that Pendalier had high hopes for a decent ride. He scratched the runner's ear and was treated to a blow of air across his hand.

He turned when he heard the shuffle of feet, finding Esille coming towards him. His harsh mouth curved in a smile as he took in the sight of his mistress exactly as he'd demanded. "Are you ready?" he asked her as he reached for her hand to draw her in for a short press of lips against her smooth cheek, "She's a sweet girl, won't give you too hard of a ride. We'll be gone a while, did you make sure the children are cared for?" Not that he didn't trust the help to do anything except what they were told to do but he could never be too careful.

He led her to her mare and carefully lifted her to saddle before turning to his own mount and swinging up easily before looking at her with another smile. "Ready?" he repeated his question and had half a mind to take off at a breakneck speed but refrained. He wanted her to enjoy herself not die.

Esille

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
18.11.704, 40
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Dark Brown, Long

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
One more check in the mirror, one more slight adjustment, one more little touch to the necklace that gracefully sat against her skin, and Esille smiled, satisfied with her outfit. It wasn't anything particularly fancy, but it looked nice enough while being practical and allowing her a bit more freedom of movement. She assumed that riding a runner could potentially be dirty business, and that being able to move and not get tangled in a saddle would help things. So she had a pair of snug fitting but comfortable pants that she normally used for exercising and a blouse that was nice, but not so nice she would be distressed if it became dirty.

Now she just had to go meet Pendalier so that he could take her out riding! Esille hummed softly as she went out to meet him and softly gasped in delight as she saw the two majestic beasts he had with him. They were always so much bigger in person than she expected to be whenever she saw one up close and she was careful and slow in her approach. "They're lovely!"

She smiled at the gentle and quick little display of affection and nodded. "Of course. I've made sure the children will be watched and tended to while we're out." Esille reached up to gently pat the mare, marveling at how sweet and gentle she seemed. Once Pendalier helped her up and into the saddle she shifted her weight to get comfortable and looked around from her new vantage point with a broad grin. "I'm ready!" At least she hoped she was.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
15.04.698 ,
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

He could feel the disapproving stares of the maid that had been his wife's, a woman who had joined his household when he'd wed and managed to remain. Her hot gaze bored a hole in his back as he pressed that kiss to Esille's cheek. He never did understand why he kept the old bitch around but he knew it was because of her affection for his children. Perhaps not his bastards but his other children. He couldn't stop the lingering caress of Esille's back and rear when he lifted her to the saddle, a parting gift to the harridan that stood watching.

"I never expected otherwise," he murmured at her answer of the children. It was a routine question, something to take his mind off the fact her pants hugged every inch of her delectable thighs and ass, something to remind him that they were off on a ride and not a quick fuck in the fields. Hooves thumped soothingly against the ground as he led them out of the courtyard and into the countryside. His holding wasn't as vast as some but it was moderately large and Pendalier took her through it.

His stallion was a little frisky, dancing and prancing as he attempted to court the mare that Esille rode and it earned him a laugh or two from Pendalier as the man kept him under tight control. He didn't correct the beast, it was only natural for the animal to do what he was doing but he kept the horse going along with a tight rein. His eyes were sparkling with humor and determination as they rode along.

"I've a surprise for you," he told Esille and jerked his head towards the pack tied to the back of his saddle. "Decided to treat you to a nice picnic," he told her, "It's a bit chilly still but figure why the fuck not? I brought a blanket or two with the food, it should be fine. Spend some time alone without servants and kids hmm?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
18.11.704, 40
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Dark Brown, Long

Threads

Esille didn't even notice the maid until she was securely settled in the saddle, and when she saw the disapproval in the other woman's face she couldn't help but smirk as she turned her attention to Pendalier and the ride ahead. The woman could be as bitter as she wanted to be, so long as she kept taking care of the children and didn't do anything stupid.

Besides, she had more important things to concentrate on, like not falling out of her saddle as they set off. At least the mare was easy to manage and rather forgiving as Esille got used to the bouncy gait. Though she supposed it wasn't all that bouncy as she eyed Pendalier's stallion and watched his antics. She let out a soft laugh that she tried to muffle behind a hand to keep from spooking the horses since she recalled some of them could be skittish when it came to sudden noises.

"A surprise?" Esille eyed the pack and then grinned. "A picnic sounds wonderful!" All the more wonderful because it was with Pendalier. As much as she loved taking the younger children on little outings and picnics, there was something just so very refreshing about doing something without them on occasion. She gave her love a warm smile, delighted by the rather romantic idea he had. Maybe it would be a good time to bring up getting married again... but she held her tongue, deciding to wait until after they were settled and eating comfortably before she broached that topic.

To distract herself from the idea she looked around, eyeing the lay of the land. "Where were we going to set up? And did you bring any treats for the horses too?" It seemed silly, but they were doing a very good job on the ride and she felt they should get something.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
15.04.698 ,
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

His smile was indulgent as she exclaimed her excitement over a picnic. It was a simple thing, a matter that was easy enough to put together for her but it was always a good stroke of his ego when she immediately loved his ideas. He tugged his horse closer to hers to lean in to capture her mouth in a quick and heated kiss. It was seconds but it was enough to show her how pleased he was with her. He didn't like her always compliant and enjoyed when she fought at times but when it came to a gift for her, Pendalier expected her agreement.

He shifted his stallion away from her mare before the fool got any ideas and was smiling at her question. He nodded his head forward and pointed a little distance away. "There's a copse of trees up there," he told her as he pointed out the hillside, "A bit out of the elements and it'll give us a nice view of the countryside." It was a nice spot, one he'd found in his childhood long ago, and didn't mind sharing it with her. "I suppose there might be some apples in the pack for the horses," he answered her with a chuckle and a nod before leading them up the hill.

It was a nice spot and Pendalier dismounted, breathing deeply and looking out over everything that belonged to him before looking at the other thing that belonged to him. He moved to help Esille from her mare and set her on the ground before taking care of the bridles of both horses. Saddles were loosened before Pendalier hobbled the pair. Moving to unpack the picnic, he handed one of the blankets to Esille before spreading the other out with a snap of fabric. "Come down here," he told her as he dropped to the ground and spread his legs out.

"Do you want to eat now or later?" he asked her when she complied.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
18.11.704, 40
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Dark Brown, Long

Threads

So far Esille was rather pleased with her ability to stay upright on a moving animal, though part of her smugly thought that Pendalier might have had some hand in that. She didn't even lose her balance when he came in close to give her a kiss, though it certainly added a bit of an added thrill to the moment. It helped her relax a bit more once he pulled away and she loosened her grip on the reins a little, sat a bit less stiffly as she enjoyed the ride and took in the scenery as they rode through it.

It was easy to pretend that she was truly important sitting high up on her steed, surveying the Hold with Pendalier instead of just going along on what she was sure was really a very casual ride. When they finally reached their destination she reached down to gently pet the mare's neck, praising her behavior though she wasn't sure if the beast could understand or even appreciate her words or not. Her legs were slightly wobbly once she reached the ground and she used it as an excuse to wrap her arms around Pendalier in a tight hug. "That was fun. Does she have a name? She's so beautiful and lovely and well behaved! At least she seems well behaved to me."

Esille watched as the horses were tended to, curious about all of the little details that she wouldn't have normally considered went along with sitting on top of a horse. It made sense that they'd have to be kept from wandering off, and that they would want to be comfortable while they rested, but it was so odd to think about those little details when she never had to bother with it before. She joined Pendalier, lounging against him comfortably as she watched the horses. "We should probably eat soon at least, so that we have more time to relax and digest before riding back. Thank you again for taking me out here, it is really quite lovely. Do you think I'll be able to go riding with you again sometime?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
15.04.698 ,
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"She does not," he told her with a shake of his head and a kiss to her brow, "Give her one you'll like, she's going to be yours anyway." Why not gift Esille with something that they could both enjoy? Pendalier had every intention of doing this again and again with her until her ass was sore and she couldn't take it anymore. The idea of it brought a smirk to his lips before moving off to take care of the beasts. He enjoyed her eyes on him even if it was less devouring and more for her benefit, now was no different than any other.

He huffed a breath and bent to inhale the scent of her hair, clean and fresh as she settled in with him. Arms wrapped around her lightly, fingers playing against her arm as they watched the horses moving about while they grazed. "We should," he grunted and gave her light push for her to move, "I've brought cheese, meats, and bread. Maybe some wine and a dessert for later." He started dragging everything out, setting the wineskin to the side and arranging the food for easy reach. He glanced back at her with hooded eyes.

"You'll come again," he told her carefully, "When I ask you. Why do you think I've made a gift of the mare to you? You're not thinking ahead, Esille. Should I take her back and only allow you to ride in front of me when I feel you've earned the prize?" The last was said with a teasing grin, any harshness in his tone soothed away with that tease. He motioned for her to dig into the food, grabbing the wineskin and filling a glass to hand over to her. "Eat and then we'll relax before heading back to the hold."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
18.11.704, 40
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Dark Brown, Long

Threads

The thought of having her own horse completely boggled Esille. She was used to Pendalier spoiling her with gifts, but this seemed so much more. It was a horse! Her horse! And now she had to think of a name... what sorts of names did people normally give their horses? Maybe something based off of her pretty color. Or perhaps something based off of her personality? She was such a gentle beast after all...

Pendalier's teasing distracted her and she pouted. "I just wasn't expecting such a lovely gift and then I got distracted with trying to think of a good name, and I would love to come riding with you again when you want me to." She turned to wrap her arms around the man in a tight hug, nuzzling her face against him before pressing a long kiss against his lips. "Thank you, she is wonderful. Maybe I'll think of a name by the time we're done eating."

She took a sip of the wine with a smile before turning her attention to the food, and though she wanted to think of a good name for her new horse, her thoughts kept wandering to her Lord. On the one hand he had just given her a gift, so perhaps asking about marriage would be greedy and too much. But on the other hand... what if the gift was a sign that he was in a good enough mood to be receptive to the idea? Perhaps she could try to indirectly ask.

After she was done eating she leaned against Pendalier, watching the horses again. "Maybe Brandy for her name. I don't know if it's a good one. Do the wives of other lords get to go riding with their husbands very much, or is that not so common? Either way I feel special that you would take me with you."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
15.04.698 ,
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Pendalier accepted her hug and kissed her back thoroughly before she pulled away. Even pouting he couldn't help but admire her beauty. He had chosen wisely when he'd chosen her from among his wife's maids. She adored him and she complimented him in ways that his wife never could. Or would. He watched her with an indulgent look on his face as she sipped from her wine and dug through the food. He chewed his fruit thoughtfully as he watched her and washed it down with his own drink of wine.

His fingers drifted through her hair as she leaned against him, playing the strands through his digits, and watched the horses along with her. It was soothing, comforting, and relaxing simply being. There were no expectations out here, no one watching over his shoulder as he sent this missive or that. No one to judge him while he made decisions that could make or break the hold. It was soft and inviting to just get lost out here with not a care in the world.

"Brandy is a good name," he agreed as he stroked her hair before frowning slightly. It didn't color his voice and for that he was proud but he frowned at the crowd of her head nonetheless. "They do," he told her carefully and slowly, "Mine did after all when she was feeling up to it." When he hadn't forced another babe in her belly that was. "You should feel special," he told her with a smirk, "It's not often that a lord's mistress is allowed to accompany him on a ride. Even alone as they are."

Would she squeal and cry now because he had called her his mistress and nothing more? He almost wanted her to rail against him, fight him for acknowledgment of her place at his side. It was an acknowledgment that would never come because it was a thing that would never happen but Pendalier couldn't deny her the chance to ask he supposed.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)