World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.01.23 | Morning Run
6am | Aederyn

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
You know we graduated, you don't have to keep running every day. We can go somewhere, do things, meet new people. D'nei kept going though, taking his usual loop around the bowl while Casnovath lounged on his ledge and watched from afar. He wasn't used to running this early in the day, but he'd woken up and couldn't get back to sleep and had decided to get his run out of the way.

Oh, oh wait who is that? The dragon had spotted another runner up ahead of D'nei, pausing to stretch. Dare you to say hello. He considered it for a moment and decided that it was harmless enough. Besides if he didn't take the dare the blue would just pester him into trying to do some other ridiculous thing. So he slowed down to a jog until he finally came to a stop by the young woman who looked like she'd was stretching at the moment after a warmup. "Hello. Do you normally run around this time? I normally start a little later."

He wasn't winded, not yet, but D'nei took the opportunity to rest and stretch himself since he also was no where near done. It's rude to not introduce yourself. It's also rude to eavesdrop, he responded in amusement, knowing that Cassie didn't consider it to be eavesdropping at all since it involved his person. Still, D'nei gave the woman a nod as he said, "I'm D'nei of blue Casnovath, by the way."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Cold morning air stung her lungs, and she adjusted her breathing to take it in smoother, slower breaths so as to not freeze herself from the inside out. Light had only barely started to fade the night sky, but it was still dark enough that she would be able to slip out to the hold road, and then to the traces, without drawing attention. There was something about the crunch of snow underfoot, the way the frozen trace moss compressed and bounced against her steps, the winding and weaving of the trace around the terrain, that running in the bowl just couldn’t recreate.

She’d been out for half an hour already, just lightly jogging around the bowl, warming up her muscles and reacquainting them with the work an actual run would bring, when she stopped to stretch and work a kink from the muscle down the back of her thigh. Digging the tips of her fingers into it, she worked the knot loose before dropping herself forward and touching the ground, allowing the pose to pull and fully loosen the tightness there.

From her awkward vantage, she spotted another runner coming up behind her, and she stood and straightened, momentarily afraid that her little excursions had been found out, or worse, found out and deemed wrong…

The young man caught her off guard with a question about her running habits, and glad that he at least didn’t seem upset about them, she shrugged. “I try to be up and around before I have to actually be anywhere else. Classes start early and morning chores earlier. I used to love night Runs, so this time of morning, still a bit dark, is really something I do whenever I can.” She laughed a bit, hiding a smile at the memories.

He introduced himself, and she remembered having seen him around the Weyr, but that had been it. She thought it was in some of the weyrling classes she’d watched Cazan and Malvayth in, but she couldn’t be sure.

“Aederyn, candidate.” She dipped her chin in a nod by way of introduction. “Nice to meet you.” Wanting to keep moving and keep the chill at bay, she nodded toward the path she’d been on. The trace could wait just a bit.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

"Oh that makes sense. I just help with keeping track of supplies for the healers, so I don't have to be up early. I've never thought to run at night though, wouldn't you have trouble seeing? What if you tripped or something?" D'nei hoped he wasn't being too intrusive with his question, but when Aederyn nodded towards the path it seemed enough like an invitation that he nodded and said, "Oh, I'll join you."

He let her set the pace and lead the way, following along quietly. Curious, Casnovath roused himself from his ledge and took to the sky, flying towards the runners so he could try and get a bird's eye view of this candidate. Nosy, D'nei accused the blue as he passed by overhead, pale belly flashing through the sky. Curious, he corrected. With a soft huff, D'nei picked up the pace so he was a little closer to Aederyn so that he didn't have to try shouting. "Don't mind Cassie, he's just curious and wanted to see where you were taking me. How long have you been running here? Sorry if I'm being too nosy."

D'nei was so thankful that he'd focused so much on exercise and getting into shape when he had Impressed, it meant he wasn't quietly dying while trying to carry on a conversation. It wasn't easy by any means, but at least he wasn't feeling so pathetic next to this woman who very clearly has been running for much longer than he had.

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

She grinned. “Night runs were my favorite before I came to the Weyr. And the moss on the traces is a very different texture. Feels different, sounds different. You’d know if you went off, even in snow. The traces are always kept clear, too.”

Leading the way up and out of the Weyr, they made their way down the hold road. Her eyes scanned ahead and found the trace marker that only a Runner would recognize for what it was. Smiling, she turned off the road and gestured for D’nei to follow, pausing long enough to catch a breath and explain. “We just need to watch out for others and make sure we don’t damage the trace; the path. Traces are near sacred to Runners.” A part of her felt mildly guilty over using the traces when she was no longer Running messages, but with Rudi in his customary position, flying ahead and keeping watch, they’d be able to duck out of the way if anyone happened along. This particular trace was seldom used anyway, as it bypassed stations where most Runners preferred to stop and rest.

The rider’s blue glided easily above, and she waved at him. “He’s beautiful. And I don’t mind him at all. Another set of eyes is a bonus, anyway, if he’d oblige us to watch for any others. Though I think we’re probably alone on this stretch for miles.” She shortened her stride slightly, letting their pace slow a touch in order to make conversation easier, especially for the man who wasn’t entirely used to the intensity of running to which she had become accustomed.

“I’ve been running, here and elsewhere, for a while. I was part of the Runnercraft, apprenticed at fourteen.” Her voice took on a wistful note, thinking of her days in the Craft. It had been less than a turn since she left, but it seemed much longer. Tilting her head back over her shoulder, she laughed. “And I’ve gotten used to questions, honestly. Not many Weyrfolk know much about Runners. Not something anyone really deals with since dragons can go between before a Runner would hit their stride. How about you? Running a recent hobby?”

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

D'nei had no idea where they were going, but at least Cassie was nearby in case anything happened. He followed along, curiously listening to her. "Oh you were a runner? That's interesting! We used them on occasion back at the Hold. Well I didn't, but my father was the Steward so he would need to send messages on occasion. I thought runners used horses for some reason..."

It certainly explained why Aederyn was having a much easier time of this than he was, but at least she'd slowed down just a little bit to make conversation easier. "I'm ah... well I started after I got Cassie really. Weyrling class demanded exercise and I realized I liked it more than I thought I would." That and it had provided a nice normal feeling activity to focus on when living in the Weyr and taking care of his dragon seemed overwhelming. "So I've been running for a year now. We just graduated."

And that means that we can fly to our adventures now instead of just running around in circles, Cassie added with a soft huff to his rider. He was still rather curious of this red headed woman D'nei had run into, and kept making sure to pass overhead, on occasion twisting about in a lazy barrel roll that he'd learned to do from watching Malvayth to try and show off the bit of purple on his back while also getting a slightly different angle to study the stranger from. She said she is a candidate, yes? How long has she been here?

It was a harmless enough question, so D'nei indulged his dragon. "How long have you been a candidate here? Have you already finished the Healer Hall studies?"

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“Not so much Runners as other couriers. Occasionally Runners might stay with a particular Hold and learn to ride. From what I saw, only the wealthiest Lords kept horses for Runners. Most of us only had our own two feet. And maybe a firelizard.” As if in agreement, Rudi chittered and dove briefly before flitting ahead on the trace once more, leaving her smiling at his antics.

She laughed easily with the blue rider as he expressed his enjoyment of the exercise. “It’s almost it’s own type of flying, in a way. Being able to just run” The sun was beginning to rise, brightening the horizon. She watched the blue roll lazily above them, noting the interesting splotches of color across his back as the light caught his unique hide. It really was quite striking.

“I’ve been here nearly a full Turn. I couldn’t go any further in my craft, and I had no interest in settling for managing a station with a holder husband, so, last spring, I let my feet take me to Fort and was Searched. Hopefully a pair of wings can take me to the places the runner craft couldn’t.” She barely managed to keep her feet when he asked about the healer classes, only her well-honed instincts and training catching her before she could misstep. Those classes, damn them. Hm… “No, not yet. An arrangement had been made for me to help with the Weyrwoman’s children in exchange for being permitted to Stand. I’ve also been learning another craft and assisting another gold rider, the skills I’m learning proving useful to the Weyr, as well. Should I Impress, I will of course do as asked and take the Healer courses upon graduation.” She let the silence hang for a moment, the only sounds coming from their feet on the trace. “What about you? You came from a Hold?”

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

Not like flying at all, Casnovath said with a soft huff to his rider. I don't know, she has a point. I don't have to fuss with your straps and get my leathers on in order to running. I can run whenever I want. I bet it would be fine if we took an easy flight without straps. We could try over the sea so that if something happened you could just go for a swim and I could grab you from there. No, thankyou.

D'nei could feel the dismissive bah without the dragon having to say anything more. He smirked in amusement and shook his head. "Cassie has been teasing me about running since we had our first flying lessons. So you've been in the Weyr for almost as long as I have. I barely had time to unpack my things before I Impressed and then I was basically just busy all the time so I didn't have time to meet many people."

It seemed a little odd that she hadn't already done the Healer classes if she'd been there that long, a little inefficient if anything in his opinion, but that really wasn't his business. She knew the Weyrwoman and that was rather impressive in itself. "You help the Weyrwoman? That's nice! And yes, I came from Sattle Hold, I was studying to try to become a Steward like my father before I was Searched. I never really thought about dragons much before that but..." he frowned a moment as he thought back to where his life had been going before that. It certainly wasn't anything he wanted to talk about with a stranger so he tried to keep it vague instead, "This just seemed like an interesting opportunity."

He shifted the conversation back to Aederyn, still curious about her. "So you said you didn't want to settle down with a holder husband. Did you actually have an arranged match you were running from? Or just not interested in that sort of thing to begin with?" Now who's being nosy? D'nei flushed slightly in embarrassment as his dragon called him out and he quickly added, "Sorry if that's too personal. Just curious. Um. What else do you like to do besides going for runs?"

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

She did feel a bit self conscious over the whole Healer Hall thing, but she was grateful for the opportunity to Impress as quickly as possible. She was glad of the current physical activity, it hid the embarrassed flush to her face well.

The words had been out of her mouth before she had much of a chance to stop them. Apparently she was still a bit bitter about that whole situation, she thought to herself, or she wouldn’t have brought it up. She had offered the information freely, though, so it was a bit much to hope that he’d just ignore the remark about her intended setup. But, alas, no. Of course it was his next question. She smiled ruefully, more to herself and her lack of mind-to-mouth filter. No matter. She wasn’t shy. “No, no, it’s fine. It was…implied, but never finalized.”

Still feeling a bit guilty for leaving that poor boy back at the station that day, she offered a bit more explanation, but crafted the response a bit more carefully than the initial blurt of random information. “He was agreeable enough, but marriage means babies, and that…” She grimaced, wrinkling her nose, trying to play it off as lighter than it actually was for her. She gave him a wry smile before shaking her head. “Pass. Don’t get me wrong, I like them, I just…don’t want any.” Which was mostly true. She couldn’t stomach the idea of going through a repeat of that ordeal from those turns ago. No kids for herself.

She thought on his question for a moment, a few strides going by without a word. What else did she enjoy? “Well, I’m learning leather working. I do enjoy that…” She bit her lip in thought as she went over other activities, her face splitting into a wide grin. “And music! Dancing! That’s probably what I miss the most, if anything, about the station. On warm evenings in the summer, Father would play, Mother would sing, and we, along with any other Runners at the station would spend the night outside dancing and singing along. Sure, the Weyr has entertainment some evenings, and Gathers from time to time, but it’s not quite the same.” She shrugged. “I wish there were more opportunities for it here.”

Up ahead, the trace split, one direction circling around a small hill, out of sight, and the other looking like it would loop back toward the hold road. She raised an eyebrow, letting D’nei decide which way he’d like to go.

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

D'nei still felt bad for asking such a personal question and blamed his dragon for rubbing his nosiness off on him. Even with that though he couldn't help but blurt out another potentially too personal question, "Oh you don't want children?" He cringed, shaking his head as they kept running. "Never mind, sorry, not important. At least the dragons can help with that with rides between for people who want it. That wasn't something I knew about before classes."

Not that he thought that lesson would ever really apply to him. Still, with Flights (that he was still dreading), it was good to know about and he'd dutifully taken notes anyway. He was glad to listen to her talk about the things she liked to do, the dancing and listening to music. "Dancing sounds fun, though I've never done too much of it. I liked to watch mostly. Music is always fun too, it can be very inspirational sometimes."

He eyed the fork in the road and slowed down his pace, unsure of which path to take. On the one hand he's already gone on quite the little adventure already and returning back to a familiar path seemed safer and more comfortable. On the other he could already feel Casnovath's curiosity about the other direction. He frowned, wishing the decision wasn't up to him for a moment before just letting his dragon win. He gestured to the path that circled the hill with all of its mystery. "Is that way safe?"

Maybe he shouldn't have asked that question aloud, it seemed ridiculous to think that part of a running trail was unsafe. "I mean, that way's fine if you think it is. You probably know the area better than I do."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

His question caught her a bit off-guard. It was something that she had still been hung up on, if she were being honest with herself. Before she could respond, he’d changed the subject, and she sighed, a bit relieved. She nodded as he elaborated on the use for a certain ability of the dragons. Going between as a form of preventing pregnancy was extremely useful. But she wasn’t sure it was anything she wanted to mess with. Best to just avoid the whole process.

“Dancing is fun, and great exercise.” She tossed a smirk over her shoulder at him, trying to gauge how he might respond. “Maybe, if you’d be willing, I can teach you more, sometime.” Hiding a grin, she went on. “And if not, we can just listen. The harpers around here to play quite beautifully. Inspiring, indeed.” On those last words, she couldn’t help sounding a little wistful. There was nothing quite like losing oneself in a melody.

She grinned, jogging ahead of him and spinning around on the trace to face him, only slowing slightly. “Yes, completely safe. At least, last time I checked. There might be some ice on the trace, but if we keep an eye out we should be just fine, promise. It’s got some beautiful views, too.”

The two started off down the trace where it wrapped around the hillside, their crunching steps and breathing the only sounds for a bit. She did miss the warmer weather, and would be pleased when it returned. Unlike those with dragon companions, she couldn’t just up and fly off to warmer skies and traces. “You just graduated, right? You planning to stay at Fort or are you going to relocate?”

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

"Dancing as exercise huh?" D'nei had honestly never considered that, though it made sense considering that you had to move in order to dance. He smiled at the offer to teach him, laughing softly between breaths. "Maybe, I'm not sure if I'll be a good student though. I was never all that good at it, but I could try. And if you think I can't be salvaged then just listening to the music sounds like fun." Has he just agreed to something? And if so, what?

D'nei didn't really have time to think too much about it though, or rather the energy he could have used to worry about it was being spent on the run. And at least he should get some good views on a trail that she assured him was safe. Just had to make sure he paid attention for any ice. Cassie did another pass overhead to try and peek down on them again before looping off once more with a lazy beat of his wings. You don't have to worry about slipping on ice when you're flying. D'nei ignored the comment as he followed along, enjoying having a running partner to show him a new trail and not wanting to spoil it by bickering with his dragon.

Yes, we just graduated," he answered with a nod. "And... I'm not sure actually. I suppose I was planning on staying. No reason to go anywhere else, and I enjoy the little job I have to help keep me busy. You'd be staying if you Impressed right? Or did you want to try Standing in other Weyrs?"

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

She thought about it for a moment, letting the rhythm of her footsteps steady her mind. She hadn’t given it much thought. Her primary concern had just been Impressing at all. Anything past that hadn’t been of much consideration just yet. She figured she’d just take that as it came.

“If I Impress, I’ll probably stay. I like the area, it’s always been my home.” She padded along, thinking. She knew some people in other Weyrs, but wasn’t particularly close to any of them. “If I don’t Impress here, I might stand at Benden if the opportunity arises…my brother is on the traces over that way, working toward his mastery. It might be nice to be close to him again. Honestly, though, one place is as good as any other. No real reason to move. And if I Impress, I could always visit other places…then come back to a pleasant weyr here.” She smiled at that, satisfied. “Also, I guess, it depends on what I Impress, of course. Green or gold…maybe blue? if at all...” She glanced back over her shoulder at the blue rider. “Did you have an idea, or a feeling, before you Impressed Casnovath?”

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

D'nei could understand that, he himself hadn't really found any desire to leave back when he still lived in the hold, it had taken a dragonrider and some heartbreak to convince him to leave. "no, I guess I didn't have any ideas after I Impressed Cassie... I think I was just too busy trying to figure things out. I still am a little bit. I uh..."

He stumbled slightly as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. At least he recovered quickly enough from the misstep, which he wouldn't have been able to before he'd started exercising. "Ah... well really I'm a bit slow at some things. Like getting used to new places and really settling in. So I going somewhere new doesn't really appeal to me. At least unless Cassie really gets it into his head I suppose."

With a laugh, D'nei added, "I suppose getting him has made some things easier. It's hard to worry when I know some things are up to him." Like flights? the blue teased. Hush, D'nei snapped back, though he supposed that literally was one of the things that were definitely up to his dragon. He didn't want to think about that though, instead trying to get back to talking with Aederyn. "I guess it's like he gives me some sort of purpose and occasionally direction. Sorry if that's a boring answer. I'm not the most exciting person."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“Exciting...perhaps not.” She lifted her eyebrows and tried to hide the grin on her face. “But ‘interesting’ is usually better anyway.” She did a quick spin to face him, letting the smile show through, dancing easily over the trace before facing the direction they were headed once more. “Hold-born, but whisked off to Impress a lovely blue, studious…inspired…you sound plenty interesting.”

Her already big smile broadened at the blue rider, and she decided then that she liked him. He was a decent sort, to be sure. And if he was going to be sticking around Fort, she certainly wasn’t going to complain. He was more than good company, and if perhaps, she could teach him to dance…

The sun had crept over the horizon by now, and the redhead skidded to a stop before rounding the next hillside, gesturing for D’nei to do the same. “My brother was always the one to stop and take in the pretty things, but even I have to admit…this view is worth stopping for.”

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

D'nei couldn't help but laugh when she suggested he was interesting. "Oh... I don't know about that. But thank you." He grinned, pleased that she thought so at least. "You're interesting too. I didn't even know about these little running trails... traces? And your firelizard seems to be rather well trained. I don't think I could train one to be a lookout on runs. And... oh."

When Aederyn stopped he did too, looking at the view and the sunrise in awe. It really was a lovely view and D'nei couldn't help but point it out to Casnovath. You see this? The blue landed nearby to get a look from the ground. It is rather pretty I suppose. The sunrises can be just as lovely from the sky as well you know. He let out a soft snorting laugh. "It is beautiful, the view is great. Cassie can't help but suggest the view is better from the sky. He's such a brat about my running."

Only because that is all you do all the time. You could change things up, try something new. Hey, I'm on a new route this time. I suppose. The blue yawned and stretched out his wings before he took off into the sky again with a dramatic twirl. D'nei rolled his eyes and turned back to Aederyn to grin. "Thank you for showing me this. Maybe I can convince Casnovath to let you get a different view of the sunrise or a sunset sometime."

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

She nodded. “I’d like that.” A light smile played at her lips as she watched Casnovath whirl lazily into the sky. “I’d like that a lot.”

With a small laugh, she bounced on the balls of her feet, suddenly shy. Her brother would have called this setting: two young people, a beautiful sunrise, and, for all it mattered, seemingly the only people awake on Pern…’romantic’. She would have flushed at the thought, if the exercise hadn’t already colored her neck and cheeks. She was still unusually indecisive on whether or not she wanted romance or anything that went with it…but a part of her wasn’t opposed to the idea. At least, not to the romance part. The other stuff wasn’t as appealing just yet.

Regardless…this, right now, was just a new acquaintance. And, she hoped, the start of a friendship. She still hadn’t many friends in the Weyr…R’dal, and by extension, his friends…Cazan and Mal, August was kind enough when she saw her…but then, she’d really kept mostly to herself and hadn’t really sought out friendships. Well, it was time to change that.

“The trace splits up ahead. If we keep on the main trace it goes all the way to station 292, But as much as I’d welcome a fifteen-mile Run, I think the candidate master might be a bit irritated if I wasn’t back in time for my morning chores.” She rolled her eyes in mock seriousness, but her cheeky smirk gave her away.

“Come on, the offshoot doubles back toward the Weyr. We’ll be back at the hold road in no time. We might even be able grab some klah before the rest of the Weyr empties all of the pots.” They started off again, and found themselves crossing through familiar territory soon enough. “And I intend to hold to my word. I’ll teach you to dance. If you’d like.”

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

"Then I'll just have to make sure to try and plan for that sometime, I'll figure out when and make sure Cassie is in a good mood to show off the view without showing off so much that it's a bumpy ride." D'nei squinted at the sunrise, admiring it and basking in the light for the moment. It had been a while since he'd actually taken the time to just relax and enjoy the view and he appreciated that Aederyn had taken him here to share that moment with him. It was nice to have a... friend? Maybe. It was still probably too early to tell either way, but at least so far the run had been enjoyable and she seemed nice enough.

Maybe he would write some poetry about the moment, put down a few lines as soon as he got home to help further cement the picture in his memory. D'nei turned to grin at Aederyn and suddenly realized how alone they were, looking at the sunrise. It was the sort of thing that real poets wrote about. He cleared his throat nervously and smiled, glad when she started talking about the run again. "Fifteen miles sounds a bit long, so back to the Weyr is probably best."

Running was a good distraction, helping to settle his mind again as he followed along behind Aederyn. "Some klah sounds great. And I think learning to dance sounds fun if you can put up with me. Maybe I can do something in return like give you a back rub." Are you flirting? What? No! Ah, I see. Because that sounded like flirting. D'nei's face was luckily already too pink to betray him as he fought the urge to say anything else and potentially make things more awkward. At least he was still having a good run.

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

“Oh, a back rub sounds delightful,” The redhead let her head sag back, eyes rolling up at the thought of such a thing. It had been a long while since she’d had the sure hands of an attending station master or master’s wife work loose the knotted muscles up and down her spine…she didn’t dwell too long on the thought, though, instead needing to stay focused on the trace ahead. Her running companion went momentarily quiet…had he been flirting just now? No, couldn’t have been. That was just her own head getting to her. Alekse had been a poor influence in that regard, the rascal. D’nei was probably just talking to his dragon.

The hold road soon appeared around another few bends, and it won’t long before they were back within the high walls of Fort Weyr. People were milling about, mostly lower cavern folk, as well as the new pairs from Aradissicath’s recent hatching. She slowed, shaking her limbs and swinging her arms, trying to keep the muscles relaxed. Oh, how she did still love a good run…

The smell of hot klah wafted from the lower caverns, barely detectable on the chill morning breeze, causing her mouth to water in anticipation. “Well, as soon as we both have some free time, I’m more than willing to give you some basics. If you hold up your offer, of course.” That smile that had been living on her face for most of the run tugged at the corners of her lips again.

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

See, she probably even thinks it was flirting. She just said she likes the sound of a back rub, that's all. Mhm... if you say so. I'm not sure she's good enough for you anyway, if all she does is run about. Too boring. D'nei managed to stifle a groan, instead focusing on his breathing and the run and trying not to let his cheeks get more red than the cold could account for.

At least they were soon back on a familiar road and headed back. He could look forward to puttering about the medical stores, checking counts and updating numbers in books, alerting people to possible shortages, and trying to make sure the oldest supplies were at the front of the shelves. D'nei was brought back to the immediate reality as their run came to an end and he paused to rest his hands on his knees as he caught his breath and then stretched and shook himself.

D'nei turned to his running companion, unable to keep himself from smiling. "I'll try and find you when I'm free so we can try and schedule some time for that. Just remember I'm probably really quite terrible." He hadn't even gone dancing with Keavos back when they were together, had only ever watched the lord's brother dancing and mingling with others at parties while he quietly looked on. He did hope the man was doing well.

"Right, it was wonderful to meet you but I should go get ready and go get some work done. I look forward to seeing you again sometime, Aederyn!" He gave her a quick and hasty wave, fighting the urge to blush again as he turned and jogged off towards his weyr. You could have done better than that. I thought you didn't think she was good enough in the first place. That doesn't mean you couldn't do better. Please drop it for now. Fine, fine...

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)