World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.01.20 | Visiting Hours
10 am | Open

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
B’kit was dozing, bundled up carefully near Erebuth’s space in their temporary home. Someone had brought extra braziers and blankets to help keep the small blue warm, so it was cozier than the weather outside would imply. The healers insisted that both of them move as much as they could bear so that the skin wouldn’t heal stiff—something Kitt found easier than Erebuth, so he alternated between the dragon’s alcove and the living quarters—but they also still insisted on doses of fellis, which left him nervous and exhausted after endless rounds of nightmares.

A few friends had already stopped by, and it seemed like there was a near-constant stream of healers and assistants checking in. He tried to not let it worry or irritate him, though it brought back uncomfortable memories of those first months after Impression.

He was mostly thankful that whatever had happened with his hearing seemed to be improving; that had probably been the most unnerving aspect of the accident in the immediate aftermath. There was still some ringing in his right ear, but he could mostly hear when the healers were speaking without having to rely on Erebuth as a relay.

He stirred as someone knocked at the door, but J’shom was already answering it. Kitt smiled slightly, grateful for his presence and his help.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
"You're going to see B'kit, yeah? Here, give this to him for me, he can open it later." Zoremet blinked as the other candidate shoved a box into his arms. He thought he recognized him as one of the other candidates in Ista, but he wasn't one of his usual cuddle pals so he didn't pay the abrasive man much mind. Until right now.

It was already too late though, the man was giving him a cheery wave as he walked away. Zory tucked the package under his arm as he finished walking to the weyr that the healers had put B'kit in. He gave the door a nervous knock and brightened as he saw it wasn't a healer who answered. And there further in and awake was B'kit!

With an excited babble, Zoremet gave first J'shom a quick hug then moved in to carefully give B'kit a nervous arm squeeze after he set the gift down on a table. "That's from another candidate who found out I was coming to see you. How are you doing? Are you feeling better? Am I allowed to cuddle or hug the rest of you yet?"

He wanted nothing more than to try to snuggle up to his friend, but he couldn't imagine that being struck by lightning would feel good at all.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

“Zory, it’s good to see you…” Kitt smiled at his friend and reached over with his good arm. “I suppose I feel as well as can be expected. I’m definitely improving, or so the Healers tell me when they aren’t dosing me with fellis or reapplying numbweed.”

He smiled again at the question about cuddles or hugs. “I’d like that a lot. Just be careful.” B’kit moved over to the couch with a little help--moving hurt, but the healers insisted it would help--waving off fussing blanket-wielding friends and mates as he settled in carefully. It was warmer in here anyway. Waiting for Zory to get comfortable, he leaned over against his friend.

“How was the Hatching? Nowhere near as dramatic as mine, I hear,” he teased gently. “Thank Faranth, or none of us would ever Stand.” He didn’t begrudge his friend for sitting that clutch out. It had been a memorable experience, that was for sure. If he hadn’t Impressed Erebuth, that might well have been the last time he stood.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Madiquel trotted through the Weyr with an expression of determination that had most people she passed leaving her alone. The occasional person would try to stop her for conversation, but she managed to politely excuse herself without them stealing too much of her time. She was on a mission, and didn’t want to be interrupted. In her arms, she carried two thick books; one a note book filled with her own writing, and the other a tome she’d found, which included a small portion on handling lightning strikes. It wasn’t anything the Healers didn’t already know, but she’d found it fascinating and was working on writing up a detailed report to hand to Master Verec when she got back to the Healer Hall.

It was unfortunate that B’kit and Erebuth were struck by lightning – it would be unfortunate for anyone! – but Madiquel wanted to make the most of a bad situation and she loved learning. She’d been very careful not to poke or prod her friend or his dragon too much, and had mostly watched obsessively over the shoulder of Eb’zer when he worked on her friend. She was no less interested in the healing of Erebuth, but she didn’t want to be a dragon healer so much as a people healer.

Finally reaching the weyr she wanted, Madiquel slowed her determined trot to a walk, and finally stopped before the door. Her hand was up and knocking in her tell-tale manner, and she barely waited for J’shom to open the door before she was squeezing past him with a bright flash of a smile, and a quick ‘hi!’. “Kitt!” She cheered, happy to see him up and about, even mildly, and bounced over to the couch where her friend was sitting cuddled up with Zoremet, and she gracefully sunk to the floor cross legged. “Are you feeling a bit better today?” she asked curiously, slightly worried but also determined that he must be, because he was healing, and while she was sure he still hurt and felt like crap, she was also sure he had to feel slightly better than he had the previous day. Hopefully.

“I thought you might like to keep me company while I work on my report,” she grinned up at him, shifting around so she could lean her back against the couch near his legs, and set her books down beside her. While she hadn’t let him – or anyone else – read it, she hadn’t made any secret of the fact that she was doing up a report on B’kit’s experience and his healing process. She really did find the whole thing morbidly fascinating.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Hearing Madiquel’s distinctive knock he grinned. “Hey Madi,” he greeted her cheerfully, though he didn’t shift from his comfortable lean against Zoremet. “I’m feeling okay. Tired, mostly, but I hate to think what I’d feel like if I didn’t have a thick coating of numbweed all over.”

He would probably have scars from the strange branching burns but thankfully the blisters were gradually healing and only a few had ruptured. Having seen some of the burn injuries after the fires at Ista, B’kit thought he’d gotten off relatively lightly despite how dramatic the injury was. Erebuth had been a good sport, enduring the poking and prodding from the healers, but they’d kept him dosed well which also helped keep the blue calm.

It weirded him out a bit that she was doing a report on him, but he supposed healers were just Like That. L’gan had written several detailed studies of the dragonets when they were younger, after all, and Eb’zer was always professional but certainly didn’t shy away from asking all sorts of questions. “Your curiosity is better than some folks’ pity, and you put up with a lot of my mooning about during Weyrlinghood,” Kitt said, with a small wink for his mate.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Zoremet gave Madiquel a lazy wave when she arrived, still comfortably settled in against B'kit. He knew this was all probably necessary and important stuff, but he couldn't help but feel that she should relax. "You could cuddle up here too while you write your report. Cuddles are good for healing right? Something about touch being important? So really we're helping Kitt yeah?"

It was good that Kitt was fine with all the curiosity and the healers running around. Zory didn't know how he'd feel about a healer poking and prodding and writing reports about him. It seemed so.... cold? Still he supposed it was a bit nicer if you were friends with the healer, and if you knew it would help someone else potentially. At least he hoped that whatever report they made would help. "What will the report do? Sorry if that's a dumb question... ah... I don't know much about healing. I'm guessing it'll help someone though? How often do people get struck by lightning when they fly?"

The question brought about unsettling thoughts. What if he Impressed a dragon and had to fly in a storm? Could he get struck? Would that be more likely than getting struck on the ground or under a tree? He'd heard stories before of those types of accidents, but he'd never paid them much attention except as a cautionary tale to not be under the tallest tree during a storm. Zoremet leaned his head against B'kit for a bit more comfort, glad that his friend was at least alive and seemingly doing well.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
“Numbweed is excellent,” Madiquel agreed enthusiastically, smiling brightly before turning her attention back to her notebook, flicking through the pages to get to the one she was up to. Most of the pages were filled with dot points and quick notes, things to be put into the article at a later time. She glanced back up with a frown at the mention of pity, and scrunched her nose up. “People are too quick to pity others,” she said frankly, thinking of their time in Weyrlinghood when everyone had expected their dragons to drop dead at any moment. Or that there must be something wrong with them for Impressing to the unwell babies. Madiquel puffed out a breath, and shrugged.

Madiquel giggled at the invitation to join in with the cuddling, but denied with a polite shake of her head, instead opting to stay down on the floor with her side pressed to B’kit’s leg. She could fell the warmth from his leg against her side, and was confident that she wasn’t causing any harm with the gentle pressure. “Its not a dumb question!” Madiquel promised, tilting her head and resting her chin on B’kit’s thigh so she could look up at the two of them without straining too much.

“Hopefully it will help if anyone else gets struck by lightning. I mean, I hope no one does, but I guess it happens. Most of the healers haven’t dealt with lightning strikes before, so I thought some detailed information on how Kitt handled it and how the Healers helped and how Kitt healed would be useful.” She shrugged one shoulder. “Like when our dragons Hatched. There was like, no information on how to help them. Now, if it were to ever happen again – which I hope it won’t! – we’ll be better equipped to make sure the babies grow up as strong as possible, with hopefully less issues than we had with Zezeth and her brothers.”

Madiquel was still hopeful that they’d eventually find some kind of miracle herb for Zezeth that would strengthen her bones so they weren’t so inclined to breaking. She’d never been so afraid as when Zezeth broke her leg trying to kill a herdbeast. She’d flat out banned her dragon from going anywhere near anything bigger than a werry since then!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)