World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.01.21 | Trap
10am | Quinvalis

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Once again Zelana was on a mission as she prowled through the lower caverns. She'd seen her prey head down, going to put something away as a last little chore for the kitchen staff so it seemed as good a time as any to make her move. She wasn't exactly sure what all Mylorah had in mind when she'd sent her on this little mission, but it seemed fun enough and was something to do while she bided her time waiting for an egg that hopefully would not pick her. Being trapped here in the cold did not seem very fun at all, even after A'tay had introduced her to all of those snow games. The sniffly nose had been worth it for all the fun they had, but every day was proving to be a bit much.

The sound of footsteps caught her attention and she turned to follow them. Ah, there he was, the young man was just now walking into a storage room with some freshly clean jars to put away. Zelly stifled a small giggle at the last time she'd gone to a storage room for some jars. She slipped in behind him, trying to be as quiet as she could, and after he'd just set down the last jar, (she didn't want him to drop them after all!) she brightly chirped, "Hello! You're Quinvalis right?"

She grinned continuing on to introduce herself as she stayed between him and the door. "My name is Zelana but you can call me Zelly. What are you up to after this?" It didn't really matter what he was doing, she was determined to keep him company and figure out how to become friends with him. At least he was cute, though the scars she'd heard about were all covered up. She'd ask about those later once he'd accepted his fate.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Quinvalis jumped and spun around, eyes wide as he took in the owner of the voice he didn't recognize. It wasn't uncommon to run into someone during the day when he was running errands back and forth for the kitchens but this one still caught him off guard with the directness of it. How did she even know who he was? He did his best to stay out of the way and out of sight but now he had a pretty girl tracking him down in the lower caverns. It had to be some sort of joke or dare and Quinvalis put up his guard.

"I am, though I wonder how you know that." It was clear they hadn't met before from the way she asked for verification on who he was. Maybe he should have said he wasn't and darted by to escape. But even being on alert, his mother had drilled manners into his head and he couldn't deny she found the right person. He also struggled with ignoring her follow up question and sighed.

"I'll probably walk around the Bowl for a bit before seeing if I'm needed somewhere else." Maybe he could scare her away with how dull his plans were. Given her greeting, Quinvalis suspected Zelana was far more outgoing and needed more exciting things to do so she wouldn't follow him.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"I know many things," she said with a vague wave of her hand as she pretended to be as mysterious as her words indicated. It didn't last too long though as Zelly's face broke into a cherry smile. "Or Mylorah mentioned you as a potential new friend I could meet while I'm here. I prefer the more mysterious option though, makes me feel more sinister and powerful."

She took a small step back our into the hall so that he could start walking out before she caught his arm to keep step with him. "A walk sounds nice, even if the weather is cold the company sounds good. You can tell me more about you or Fort. Do you like it here? What else do you do besides take walks?"

Zelly paused in her chatter long enough to get a better look at her new friend up close. He was certainly cute enough though a bit shy and flustered it seemed. Probably just as confused by her as A'tay was when she had first ambushed her boyfriend. His arm felt a bit stronger than she'd expected through his clothing and she gave it a gentle squeeze. "I think Mylo mentioned you weren't born in a Weyr, where are you from? Oh and hopefully I'm not bothering you too much, I'm just always this curious and friendly, at least according to other people."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Uh-huh,” Quinvalis replied, not believing the mysterious answer or giving much to her explanation. Would she actually end up being sinister? He kind of believed it about Mylorah in the moment. Why was she throwing people at him all of a sudden? He knew she was also in the Weyr for the next Hatching but apparently she thought he needed more friends. Or maybe she felt he was the best one to help Zelana out while she was here. He doubted that—this woman could get anyone to do anything, of that he was certain.

He gave a sigh, seeing that he was stuck with her a bit longer and figured the questions were basic enough that he could share answers. “The Weyr is nice; a lot of space and freedom. It’s also warmer to me since I’m originally from Telgar Hold. My mom’s side of the family runs a tavern there and I grew up helping around the place. It’s why I like helping down here when I have time.” He never did a lot of the actual cooking so that his cousins didn’t think he was trying to take their inheritance but he left that part out. Zelana may have been curious and friendly but Quinvalis didn’t trust easily—thanks to how family outside his mom and sister treated him—and that was enough information for her.

When they stepped outside, Quinvalis pulled out the toque and gloves he had kept in his pockets, quietly slipping them on. Then he gave Zelly a once over. “If you know Mylorah, I assume you’re from Ista. Are you sure you want to walk around with me and are you warm enough?”

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelly gave him an excited grin. A slightly resistant boring boy if she was reading that sigh right! This would be a bit of its own challenge. "Telgar is even colder? I bet the snow fights there must be something to behold if that's the case. Maybe the skating ponds are even bigger..." her voice trailed off as she started to imagine the wonderful snowy mayhem that could happen. She quickly tried to refocus on Quinvalis though. "Taverns are fun, always full of interesting people to meet!"

And handsome visiting sailor boys to lure away, but that wasn't why she was here. "It's nice of you to help though, sometimes I help in the kitchen with the cooking. Usually just adding seasonings to things, I do most of my actual cooking on my own for very close friends and family." Zelana eyed Quinvalis for a moment, trying to debate if informing him that she had a boyfriend would help him relax or make him even more closed off for some reason. She'd leave it for now since it wasn't exactly an important topic to any of their current conversations; if it came up later that was fine.

"Oh! Right," she stopped a moment to fish through her pockets until she found the gloriously fluffy scarf that Zoremet had made her and the nice hat and gloves she'd gotten from A'tay and his family during her visit to Benden. "I'm ready I think! And I'm from Ista Hold originally, I was Searched last year. This will be my first time Standing though."

She rehooked her arm through his and grinned as she couldn't help but do a little flirting, "Besides, if I get too cold maybe you can help me warm up a little after. Now, you're from a very cold and snowy place, do you know any snow fighting secrets or tactics?"

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Zelly really liked to talk, Quinvalis noted as she engaged everything he said, no matter how little he gave. She was clearly going to be hard to shake but as long as she wasn’t too annoying, a little company might not be the worst thing. Besides, she earned a point in her favour by mentioning she loved to cook for family and friends. He almost blurted it out but held his tongue as he thought about how important meals with family were. Sometimes he missed his mom and sister when he ate alone, especially if a food that day was something associated with a good memory of the three of them eating together. If Zelana viewed that time in the same way, then maybe she wasn’t all that bad.

He eyed her winter gear and nodded, agreeing that she seemed ready. But when she suggested he warm her up later, Quinvalis soon found a ledge in the distance to be very fascinating. Was she fliting with him? It was probably just how she was and she said such things to everyone. Convincing himself that was the case, he started them on the circuit around the Bowl. It could take a while to do the full lap and sometimes he cut it short. Depending on how many more questions Zelana had, today may be one of those days.

“I haven’t really played like that in the snow in like a decade.” Not since his dad died and they were run off the farm and moved back to the tavern. Innocence died with his dad and Quinvalis stepped up to help his family. “I have a younger sister, though, and sometimes we would try to build something if we had time and the space for it. I watch the leadership’s daughters sometimes and we’ll go out when there’s some snow and make little piles. The snow here is usually better at being pretty than for packing up into balls.”

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"That's a long time to not play in the snow," she said thoughtfully. An awful long time to not have fun with something. Zelly wondered if that was just a natural thing, if the snow could really get that tiresome, or if some sort of tragic snow accident had befallen him. "Well if you were willing to help me practice my snow fighting skills I would appreciate it, but if you don't want to that's fine."

She listened quietly as he talked about having a younger sister and watching children building things in the snow, which was at least some sort of sign that he knew how to have fun. That last comment mystified her though. "Wait, what do you mean it's better at being pretty than making balls? I thought snow did both fairly well..." Zelly paused, turning wide eyed at Quinvalis. "Is... are there different types of snow? I thought it was all the same. How can you even tell the difference?"

Rain was fundamentally the same, why wouldn't snow be? Sure rain could be anywhere from fine mist to big fat drops and a gentle drizzle to torrential downpour, but it was still water. So wouldn't snow be the same thing too? Just more snow or less?

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

For the first time since meeting him. Quinvalis smiled and laughed softly. She really was from Ista if she was so fascinated by snow and didn’t know it had different forms. “Yes, snow can come in many shapes. It can fall in big fluffy pieces which is pretty to watch. They’re almost lazy flakes that take their time when there’s no wind accompanying it.” Then it became a horrible blizzard that made it hard to see. Wind made all snow unenjoyable as some of it whipped around and hurt. “Sometimes that is just fluff on the ground as well or if there’s enough moisture, it can become packing snow which is what you know where you can build things with it.”

Quinvalis bent over and scooped up a handful so he could squeeze it together in his fist. It was still pretty solid thanks to the sunny days they’d had recently melting it just enough. “It also has a different sound when you walk on it compared to the snow that doesn’t compact well. That’s actually pretty quiet to walk in, actually.” He gave a few more facts about the types of snow before realising how much he had been talking and about the oddest of subjects as well. He quickly cut off and glanced away again. “Sorry for rambling.” It wasn’t like he was even passionate about the stuff either. He just felt compelled to explain and blamed it on Zelly’s enthusiasm for everything catching him up in it as well.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelana listened intently, both eager to learn more about snow but also happy to see Quinvalis smile and laugh. It was a good sound, and a rather nice expression on the young man's face, and she wondered if she could help him keep it up. "So, there's different levels of fluffiness and different levels of dryness... and it sounds and falls differently, and it doesn't always make a good snowball..."

She paused as she considered all of this new information and watched him scoop up a bit to make a ball. "Snow seems secretly very complicated." Did A'tay even know this much about snow? Zelly would have to ask him next time she saw her boyfriend. If he didn't know then he would probably appreciate learning a bit more about it too! And if he did already know that was fine, she could just tease him a little for keeping secrets.

"What? Oh it's fine! Really, I liked listening to you and I was learning a lot!" Zelly grabbed back onto his arm for a gentle squeeze once he started apologizing. "Thank you for telling me so much about snow, I know it's probably a very simple thing, but I like it a lot." She took a look around the bowl at all of the snow and added, "In moderation."

Zelly turned back to Quinvalis and gave him another smile. "You seem like you could be a good teacher. So what's something that you really like to do that you could tell me about? I'm curious now, and I bet that even if it's something I already know how to do I could learn something about it from you."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Well that was embarrassing. Quinvalis gave a little smile that showed his shyness as she praised him but he also had no idea how to answer her question. What did he like to do? He hadn’t given himself a lot of free time to think about that. He was realising in that moment exactly how boring and cut off he really was and panic was starting to rise as he didn’t have an answer to give. For a moment, he had been able to convince himself that he was normal and having a conversation with a pretty girl that was actually interested in what he had to say but it was all a lie and the truth was about to smack him across the face.

“I… I… don’t know. I try to fill my days with helping people. I baby-sit, I do food prep, I clean, I sometimes tend the Weyrwoman’s little garden in warmer months… when I am told to go take some time off I read or enjoy baths. That’s… really pathetic when I say it out loud.” Quinvalis laughed awkwardly and sighed as he scanned their surroundings, wondering if he should try to run away. Zelly was only there for Aradissicath’s Hatching, surely he could hide and avoid her until it was over. Assuming she didn’t Impress. But even if she did, she wouldn’t have a lot of time to track him down.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelly's smile softened a little as she watched Quinvalis stumble. It seemed this boring boy would need a little extra help, but that was fine by her. Even if she wasn't done helping him discover a bit more excitement by the time the hatching was over, she was sure she could get either A'tay or another friend with a dragon to bring her over for more visits.

She let out a soft laugh of her own as she shook her head. "Baths are not pathetic. They're great ways to relax and spend time, and are rather close to swimming, which is one of the best things in my opinion. What sorts of books do you like to read? And is there anything you want to try doing but never thought you could before?"

Sometimes people had hobbies or things they liked that they didn't even know about before they tried them. Like A'tay with spicy food. All she had to do was help Quinvalis try and find something, and she was certain that between the two of them they could come up with some sort of idea. "You help out in the kitchen, what sorts of things do you like to help with? Do you cook on your own at all or play with seasonings and spices? Know a secret cookie recipe?"

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis gave a short laugh at how Zelana defended baths but not everything else he had listed. He really was pathetic—baths excluded, he supposed. He didn’t really want to tell her that he read whatever was available. Histories were the most popular thing on the shelves in any Weyr and while he knew there were fun books out there, they weren’t as plentiful or easy to find, even in some Holds. So he just shook his head, indicating he didn’t feel like talking about it further.

But she was insistent on getting to know him or prove to herself that Mylorah hadn’t set her on a piece of wood for friendship while she was in Fort. “Look, you seem nice and I don’t doubt that you’re genuinely friendly and like this to everyone but you don’t need to do this with me. To me. I already feel bad because you constantly have compliments and even wanted to learn more from me and I… just don’t have anything in me. I sought out Cazan so I could ask her if I could help her oil Malvayth. That’s the type of person I am. I don’t…”

Quinvalis trailed off when his voice cracked and vision started blurring with unshed tears. Great, just great. Now he was going to cry in front of this girl? The day couldn’t be any better! All he wanted was to be the best person he could be and not let anyone down. He tried to help, prove his worth to the Weyr that took him in and to the Weyrleader that he viewed as a father-figure. He didn’t have time for hobbies or doing anything for himself. He had to keep moving, had to keep helping. Otherwise, there was nothing. No point to his existence.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Was this her fault? Zelana knew she'd made boys cry before, but not usually like this! She blinked in confusion for a moment before reaching around to pull him into as tight of a hug as she could. She took a quick peek around him to try to look for any little secluded place they could maybe sit, since she knew most people didn't really enjoy crying where other people could see them, and finally pulled away to gently steer him off to the side where they'd be less likely to be bothered by anyone else who happened to be out and about.

"I'm sorry if I upset you, I didn't mean it." Would a blowjob help? That was one of her usual methods to lifting moods, but it didn't seem very appropriate right at this second. "And I know I don't need to be friendly, but it's fun to meet new people and get up to things with them. And you're cute, so I'm sure you're hiding something fun and interesting, even if you don't know about it yet. Sometimes when you go fishing you can't see the fish until you pull them up, you know?" She frowned, tilting her head. "Does that make sense? I'm not actually sure. I'm not very good at fishing, I usually get distracted and end up playing games with whoever I'm with."

She pulled out a handkerchief to help wipe away a few tears, and then bounced up to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Maybe we can walk around, talk, and figure out if there's something you're secretly good at or interested in. And maybe you can tell me more about yourself, or about how different the Telgar snow is to the snow here."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

And now she was helping him some more. He knew he should have ran off as soon as the tears started but Quinvalis had no doubt that Zelana would have still chased after him and they’d end up in the same position they were in now. They were such different people and it was becoming clearer the more she spoke. He hated meeting new people and always suspected them of having ulterior motives and here Zelly was claiming it was fun. She also didn’t make a lot of sense and Quinvalis wasn’t sure if he should frown or laugh. “I don’t think being cute means someone is fun and interesting.” That seemed like horrible logic and how did one decide someone was cute or what counted as fun?

The fishing analogy was also a bit sloppy but he could at least see what she was going for but didn’t want to encourage the weirdness—especially when she was suddenly wiping away tears and kissing his cheek. He really didn’t know how to handle Zelana and wasn’t sure he could trust her at all. He wanted to, wanted to believe that someone actually cared enough to approach him first and want to know more about him but it all felt like a big set up to a horrible prank on him.

“Great. Now I’m going to be known as the snow man,” Quinvalis hated how excited he had been talking about the stupid snow and how that was the only thing Zelana knew about him so she was willing to listen to more nonsense just to get him to talk again. He started to walk away and paused long enough to say, “you can come if you want to but sorry to tell you, you’re not going to find whatever it is you want from me.”

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Nothing wrong with being a snow man," she said as she quickly moved to follow him. "Snow is just something that I've experienced recently so it's something I can try to follow along with. I'm the youngest, so I never had to watch after children, and I've never had a garden. The only thing I do with plants is put them in food. You could try to tell me about either of those things instead if you want."

Zelly moved back to take his arm again once she caught up. "And what do you think I want to find from you? Because so far I'm just wanting a new friend to spend time with before the hatching. Will I want more? Maybe. Maybe I'll want to see if you like spicy food. Maybe I'll want you to show me all the fun secret places her in the Weyr. Right now though the walk and maybe making a friend is fine."

She pondered the situation; he was a much trickier puzzle than A'tay had been, at least initially. He definitely seemed wary of her, which she couldn't really blame him for. Zelly glanced up at at him, head tilted curiously. "Would it help if I told you more about me? I like to swim and I like to cook things I think are delicious and spicy but I'm not that good at baking or desserts yet. Oh, and I like meeting new people and making friends, because life is too exciting and fun to try and experience it alone. At least that's what I think. I know some people like quieter times and that's fine. Even just being quiet and reading is more fun when you're cuddling someone or if they're just nearby being company."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“A friend is exactly what I think you’re trying for and I can’t figure out why,” Quinvalis grumbled, frustrated by the fact that he both liked and hated the way she kept taking his arm like that. It was oddly nice to have someone be so open and potentially have any level of interest in him but it was also a bit restricting and it still felt like a trap. Still… Zelana was determined and if she had ill intent, then she would have given up already, right? Was it okay to think someone might want to be his friend? He supposed it depended on what Mylorah had told her and what gossip had already infected her mind.

He fell silent and glanced at her when Zelly figured maybe talking about herself first would help. It kind of did, even with such basic things. His guard was still up but Quinvalis was willing to give a bit more and see what happened. “I like some spice and I’m not sure if I know fun secret places but I might be able to show you around more sometime.” Okay, that was easy. Simple questions that were harmless. What else had she asked him? “I don’t really cook and I don’t know if it’s a secret but I actually do know the recipe to the cookies my mom liked to bake for us.” It was a rather big confession to him, giving a bit more away of his past no matter how small it actually was. Quinvalis found it hard to talk about himself, though Halomirth and Malvayth were both chatty and good listeners that put him at ease. He had even started including F’drel in some of the conversations the more the greenrider started to act and feel like a big brother to him.

“I don’t have a kitchen so don’t bother asking if I can show you.” Quinvalis added before the question came to show her. He wouldn’t feel right using the leadership’s kitchen to show another Candidate how to bake the cookies and the only other person that came to mind with their own weyr that he kind of called a friend was Cazan. But he was definitely closer to her dragon. “I can write it down for you, though.”

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

He was so very suspicious! Zelly had to wonder if he'd been hurt before. Since he already seemed so guarded though, she decided not to just ask him outright. "Friendship doesn't always need a reason. Mylo suggested you might be interesting, and then I saw you and I agreed so here I am."

Zelly pondered if there would be any way to make herself seem even more harmless somehow. She could always try to flirt more, but she knew there were people out there who would just find that even more suspicious, and she suspected Quinvalis would be in that group. At least he seemed to doing a bit better with answering her other questions now.

Spices was good, even if he only liked some spices and not all. It was something they could maybe experiment with if they found the time. Not knowing secret places was less fun, but still showing her around could potentially make up for it; a lot of times people didn't realize they knew secrets after all. Zelly brightened at the mention of cookies though. "Oh? I could probably find a friend to share a kitchen if we want, but even just a recipe would be nice!"

She gave his arm an excited squeeze. "It's nice that your mom made cookies. Mine tried to, but she was never very good at it. I actually learned to cook so that I could eat more delicious things whenever I wanted to instead of waiting for someone else to do it for me. So..." she paused as she glanced back up at him. "I've told you some stuff about me, you've told me some stuff about you. That wasn't so hard right? So tell me more about the other things you do. What do you help grow in the garden? Are the kids you watch good to you or are they secretly terrible? Do you know how to swim? Want to go cuddle for a bit and read?" That last bit she slipped in casually, hoping the answer would be yes.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis was back to thinking it was a tad hard sharing since he still didn't fully trust her motive but he shrugged and remained silent. So of course that meant Zelly had to attack with more questions. It was a good way to give him something to talk about if he was so inclined. So was he?

"I wouldn't say I help grow anything. Weyrwoman Rhaedalyn loves flowers and I usually pick any weeds and sometimes water them with the girls." He still didn't see why Zelly cared or would find anything he did interesting. Most of the time Quinvalis wasn't sure if he even thought anything he did counted as fun or interesting. "And the girls are the kids I watch. There's five in total, all the leadership's. They're good kids, sometimes a handful with their enthusiasm but there's usually two of us watching them." Still not that interesting.

"I know how to swim but don't do it that much and I don't know why anyone would want to cuddle with a stranger." Quinvalis eyed Zelly, always smiling at her attempt to throw him off or get him to agree without focusing on what was said. She picked the wrong person to try cuddling with as he wasn't really one for it. Hard to do such a thing when you lacked in friends. Madiquel would sometimes lean against him when they read to the girls but that probably didn't count and only led to a broken heart anyway.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Why not! And you're not really a stranger. Mylo said she thought you would be a good friend so that means you're not some dangerous creep. I know your name, you know mine. At worst we're acquaintances working on becoming friends. And five children is a lot to watch. I don't know if I could do that. Too many tiny people running around getting into mischief. At least I assume that's what that many children would do. It's what I'd do if I had a bunch of little cohorts with me." For one dreadful moment, Zelana wondered if she would have to treat Quinvalis like a cat. She didn't want to just hang out nearby and purposefully ignore him until he decided he was comfortable enough to talk to her more! Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though.

Maybe a change of topic back to the snow would help. She paused a moment to bend down and scoop up some snow, packing it into a little ball as she eyed the young man. "How good are you at throwing things? I'm awful. I've seen more snow than my brother has, but he still beat me up terribly when I tried to pick a snow fight with him. I think I could hit you from here, but not if you started to run away as soon as you saw me wind up." Zelly took a moment to look around and pointed at a small bush not too far away, and not too small that most people would consider it difficult to hit. "I'm going to try to hit that."

The demonstration went very poorly, not that she expected otherwise. The first snowball sailed over and to the side, the second one stopped far too short. She frowned, hands on her hips. "Actually I'm not sure anyone could help me with this. Maybe I should just always have a partner to throw balls for me while I focus on building little forts. Forts are easy, I can do those." Maybe she could teach Quinvalis how to cuddle if he could teach her how to throw. It was a thought at least, but first she felt like she had to lure him back to smiling and laughing again at the very least.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

"Your logic is strange," Quinvalis countered, somewhat under his breath even as Zelly continued to ramble about the kids and how much trouble they could potentially be. He decided he would never bring her along when he watched the girls. Somehow he suspected she would be an evil influence whether she intended to be or not. He was barely able to deal with her alone and couldn't imagine if he had to work against her with one of the girls deciding Zelly was amazing.

He sighed when she went back to the snow. He hated that he fell for the initial trap and now she kept trying to go back to it. "I told you I haven't played in the snow in years so I doubt I'm any better." He hadn't even thrown a ball at the wall when frustrated because there was a chance he'd draw someone's attention. "It probably just comes down to practice and knowing how far you can throw. No point in attacking when they're still out of range. And closer targets are larger targets." Not even Zelly should miss if she waited long enough.

He wondered how long he'd been stuck with her and if he could escape. She'd probably just follow anyway. So he couldn't try to go back to his room as that would be taken as an invitation to cuddle. So he just kept walking.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Maybe this was where she had to pretend he was a cat. Sure that was not her preferred method of doing anything, but she'd become determined to make Quinvalis her friend. So Zelly resisted the urge to do anything else overly brash and decided that maybe just listening, even if it was to nothing, would be her best strategy as she followed along.

That did have the unfortunate side effect of making the cold a bit more noticeable though. She was already starting to shiver a little, and Zelly pulled her coat tighter around herself, adjusting her scarf for more warmth. Snow was definitely much more fun to play in than to just walk in, she decided.

"Just because you haven't played in the snow in a long time doesn't mean you can't try again." Zelana tilted her head as she finally caved in and spoke. "Why did you stop playing in it? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, it just seems sad. And even if it is, I'll keep walking with you. And if you just want me to keep being quiet I suppose I can try to do that too. When we're done being in the cold remind me to trade you my soup recipe for your cookie recipe."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis almost gave a reply out loud but refrained. He still didn’t know or fully trust this girl and he didn’t feel like giving her more information about himself than he already had. She didn’t even need to know that everyone had to grow up and some sooner than others. That would only encourage her to ask more questions and he was done with those. “Quiet is nice,” he answered with instead, opting to pick her solution that he also suspected she wouldn’t be able to follow for long. Silence didn’t seem to be something Zelly understood that well and he was willing to bet that she couldn’t keep quiet for long even in the cuddling while reading scenario she tried for earlier.

As they walked, he wondered what he would do with a soup recipe. He supposed he could pass it on to his mom and let her try it out and compare it with the soup they made at the Whetstone. He didn’t have much in the way of cooking skills himself and wasn’t sure he wanted to try it—Quinvalis would also bet Zelly would offer to teach him if he made any noise about not knowing or not wanting to make her soup. She was persistent and refused to let go of him for some reason.

But he would try to shake her for a time, figuring her obvious growing chilly state was reason enough to part ways. “You’re clearly cold and your teeth will start chattering soon and break the silence I’m enjoying so let me walk you back inside and we can do the recipe swap.” And then he was running before she tried to get him to stay for some crazy new idea.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)