World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.01.18 | Belated Thanks
7pm, D'hys

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair
Red, jut past shoulders, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
The soft, supple leather was folded in a neat stack, securely tied to keep it in place, her measuring tape, some chalk, and scissors secured within one of the folds. With a huff, she picked up the bundle and tucked it under her arm and started off across the bowl, toward the weyr of a particular blue rider who had been on her mind lately. First there was the Touching, when that one egg had latched onto the memory of him, then that blue making a beeline for her at the Hatching before turning away… everywhere she looked there were reminders. Not having spoken to to the man much since the day she’d moved in to the candidates’ barracks, she had to admit she felt awful about not having sought him out sooner. Sure, she’d joined him silently on occasion on a run around the Bowl, but that had been it…

Rudi chirped in question and she shushed him, sending him to go babysit Lady and Sir with Malvayth on the sands, now that Aradissicath wasn’t brooding over her clutch to ward him off.

No, she needed to apologize for her rudeness and thank D’hys for his help. The Hatching had been an amazing experience, even though she hadn’t Impressed, and for him to have helped her get there? She truly did owe him. A pair of decent shoes intended specifically for running would and be easier on feet than the all-purpose shoes she'd seen him wearing on his morning jogs, and would hopefully be at least something to go toward the owed thanks.

If he’d take them. He was tough to get a read on. Well, there was no sense wasting worry on the ‘ifs’. The one thing she’d learned in recent months was that it seemed to be best to just try and see what happened. Just like Standing on the sands. Being a spectator didn’t get anyone anywhere. And while this was a small thing, it was one that was at least a thing that would be easier for her to start trying.

Finally getting to the weyr she’d intended, and hoping she wasn’t interrupting anything, she knocked.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D’hys wasn’t expecting anyone that night—especially not someone who wouldn’t call ahead via dragon. A part of him had no desire to answer the door but he was also somewhat curious by nature and not doing anything that important. So why not see who wanted him and what form of entertainment they were bringing to him? After all, the last time he answered the door in only sweat pants he found K’dar looking to be whipped so D’hys was now intrigued.

Finding Aederyn at his door shouldn’t have been surprising but given their lack of real interaction since getting her into the Weyr made it so. He hadn’t given her much thought over the months, currently not having a use for her—though when she quietly joined his jogs on occasion was amusing and left an impression. “Evening, Red. Come in,” D’hys stepped aside to allow her entrance and shut the door behind her.

He couldn’t begin to guess what would bring her by that night. Perhaps she needed a favour of some sort. It likely wasn’t the same reason as K’dar which was somewhat a shame as Aederyn was easy on the eyes and her athleticism was rather attractive as well. He suspected it was something to do with the bundle she was holding and he waved her to grab a seat in the living area. “I have water boiling for tea if you would like a cup.” Most people likely wouldn’t take him to be a tea drinker but D’hys enjoyed a mug of the hot drink almost nightly to unwind with.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

Smiling politely as he ushered her in, she thanked him quietly and brightened at the offer for tea. “Ooh, yes, thank you. Tea would be lovely.” She perched herself lightly on the edge of a chair, not entirely sure how to go about her task, and somewhat regretting her whim to seek out the blue rider. Suddenly somewhat embarrassed, she bit at her lip. Deciding getting right to the point would probably be best, she pressed herself on.

“D’hys…” She gave him a long look, head tilted to one side as she considered him. “I owe you. I owe you proper thanks…for your suggestion in joining Fort, and for whatever it is that you’ve done or said to allow me to Stand for the recent clutches.” She huffed to herself, furrowing her brow. “And I’ve been rude to not offering my thanks sooner.”

She reached for the bundle still tucked under her arm and set it across her lap. “As a proper thank-you, as well as an apology for my belatedness…” She stopped to reorganize herself, unsure how to explain the train of thought that led her from ‘thanks’ to ‘shoes’. Not quite satisfied with the explanation in her head, she plunged on anyway. “I’ve seen you running around the bowl, seems like almost every day. I’d like to make you proper Running shoes. They’d be more comfortable and more supportive, as well as lighter than the average everyday pair.” Setting her tools aside, she offered the leather for inspection, and waited for his response.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys moved around his kitchen with ease as he prepared two mugs of chamomile tea. He glanced up at his and a brow raised as he questioned her sudden realisation she owed him and wanted to thank him. Several ideas came to him as ways most people would offer gratitude or expect him to take and given Aederyn was a pretty girl, he wouldn’t have been opposed to it. However, he hadn’t expected her to start talking about the running he enjoyed and where her point finally landed.

Since it was a mild tea, D’hys didn’t bother fishing the leaves out of each mug as he walked around the counter. “Almost. I do take a rest day once a week,” D’hys commented, purposely avoiding answering her offer, though he did take a moment to examine the leather that she held up as he set the mug down beside Aederyn. “As much as I enjoy a good job or run, I do know I need to rest sometimes as well.”

He sat and cradled his mug between his hands, enjoying the faint aroma wafting from the tea as he considered her offer. It was true; she did owe him and it was odd of him to not let her know that or to set the terms himself given the strings he pulled to allow her to stay without attending Healer Hall. He never did, though, and at the time it didn’t seem like bringing her in would be that big of a deal as Candidates were always needed and her existence within the Weyr meant a dragon may live.

Finally he gave a small shrug, more to himself, as he found an answer. “You are the professional when it comes to such things and if you think new shoes would benefit me, I can’t turn that down. You don’t need to make them yourself, however.” D’hys passed it off as if he was concerned she would work too hard on the project but it was more that he wasn’t sure of her skills in leatherworking. But, if they were uncomfortable or started to fall apart, it was easy enough to not wear them.

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

She quirked an eyebrow at the man. “Of course, I want to do them, it’s no trouble. I want to ensure they’re done properly, after all. A Runner takes great pride in the construction of their shoes, most making or at least mending their own.” She adjusted herself on her seat, placing the leather neatly back at her side. “I’ve been fitting, stitching, and repairing shoes since I could hold a needle. I may not have had the experience of treating the leather before, or of the fine finishing work, but now that I’ve been working with Cazan, building that knowledge, I can oversee this project from beginning to end.” She smirked in mild satisfaction, then picked up the mug of tea he’d placed beside her, enjoying the subtle aroma and humming quietly in satisfaction. She hadn’t placed him as a tea drinker. He seemed more like a klah person, or even coffee. Another small surprise with this man. Hm.

A small half-smile played at the corner of her mouth as she watched him, trying to guess as to his thoughts. Usually she was quite decisive…with her thoughts, opinions…and whether or not she liked a person. D’hys was…something else. Thoughts of their first meeting played through her mind. She still couldn’t quite determine if she liked him or not. He was difficult to read. Something about the man was fascinating and exciting, like standing at the peak of a precipice, and she found herself venturing toward that cliff-edge once more. Did she dare peek over? Faranth, what was wrong with her? He was just another blue rider. Another man. What was it about him that she found unsettling? She sipped at the tea, letting the warmth and flavor push aside thoughts of his piercing blue eyes. “So, I’ll just take a few measurements and be on my way.” Setting the mug down again, she picked up the measuring tape where she’d set it aside, moving to do as she said. “Unless you’d rather another piece? Besides shoes?”

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

The way she watched him, D’hys knew Aederyn was doing her best to figure him out. She wouldn’t be the first to try to see something in his expression that gave away what he was thinking or planning but it still amused him. Should he play some part that she likely thought of him in? Like with Madiquel and her little crush that saw him as a prince in a fairy tale. What did Aederyn see him as? Their interactions had always been brief and not a lot said when most of them were jogging in silence. She’d only seen him in a shroud of mystery that had a hint of compassion for a girl lost on her path.

“The shoes are fine. They show how much thought you put into the gift as well as being something practical that I can use regularly,” D’hys replied, figuring he would continue as he had with Aederyn and not play up one aspect or another. He sipped some of his tea before setting the mug down and standing to help give the most accurate measuring. He remained silent to let Aederyn focus on her task, watching as she measured and scribbled down notes, making his own notes about that focus and dedication to what she was doing. It seemed like something so simple and obvious but D’hys had learned over the years that not everyone had those skills.

When she finished, he held out a hand to help Aederyn back to her feet and in that moment decided to play on what he was sure some sexual tension between them. She was attractive and he knew how he looked as well as he caught her eye and stated, “you’re welcome to stay longer if you’d like. I know it was your craft but you don’t need to run off just yet.” If she didn’t take the bait that night, D’hys was confident Aederyn would be back soon enough.

A'ryn
of Green Jenath

Date of Birth
02.09.720, 24
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Dark Blue
Build
extremely fit and lean
Hair

Threads

Busying herself with the tape and her notepad, she pointedly kept herself from meeting his eye while she went about taking those measurements until he helped her to her feet, inviting her to stay longer. She schooled her expression before it could betray her. She may still be learning the rules and propriety of the Weyr and social life within it, but even she knew what this rider implied. Did she dare?

She eyed the man curiously, chewing lightly at her lower lip. She couldn’t say that she really knew him, only that he had helped her when she’d needed it. She had also been in the Weyr long enough to have heard a bit of this man’s reputation, of course that could be strictly rumor. After all, Weyrs were rife with rumors, as she’d found out firsthand with that damned note… Then again that was the most action she’d had in quite some time, fictional as it was…though that was fine by her, for now. She knew, in the back of her mind, that she still had some difficulty separating attachment from the activities that typically accompanied it, and either way, it only ever led to heartache.

She quickly weighed the idea in her head. The idea fascinated her; Something about D’hys fascinated her. But, despite her recent determination to just try things, she wanted to keep her priorities straight. There was another clutch on the sands that she would be Standing for very soon. She needed to tend to the Weyrwoman’s children, and Cazan was needing more assistance in her work. This, whatever this was, would certainly be a distraction, and she wasn’t sure it was one she could risk right at that moment. She’d prefer to know more of him, too, before she determined if it was worth the leap.

Unable to completely mask her thoughts, she felt a flush of warmth creeping up her neck. She made to speak, but stopped herself, an expression somewhere close to resignation flashed across her features. “I appreciate the offer, but I really should be going.” She almost turned away then, but hesitated once more, letting the words leave her mouth before she could think too much on them. Her eyes caught his for a moment, almost as if in a friendly challenge, and she continued. “Perhaps another time.” Brushing past him to pick up her things, she nodded in thanks and slipped back into the hall.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Aederyn was a thinker, that much had been obvious since he first met her and it was on full display now as well. D'hys had an idea of what was going through her mind even before the flush started. No doubt she had heard all sorts of rumours about him--both good and bad--and she was left deciding if she should follow the interest that seemed to be mounting. Because of course his arrogance wouldn't let him believe anything other than she was attracted to him.

Her refusal to stay wasn't unexpected, despite all that. Sometimes the prey could sneak away and sometimes a longer game was desired by both sides. D'hys had planned all along to bait and switch Aederyn that night, offering her more tea and a casual conversation to help build up the attraction and tension before sending her home.

But he hadn't expected her to run for the door before he could say anything. Once the door shut and D'hys realised Aederyn would be fun to play with after all, he laughed. Some wouldn't believe such a thing possible, at least not without malice, but it was a genuine laugh at being duped this time. He smiled and shook his head as he sat back down and picked up his mug once more.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)