World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.01.14 | Gone Camping
1pm | Mylorah

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Fishing rods? Check. Tent? Check. Tools and supplies to get a fire going? Check. And you have everything else you need for camping as well. You've gone through the list multiple times, it's becoming tiresome. Are you sure you don't want to bring anyone else along? This could be more entertaining with more friends. You could even bring that Harper you fancy- I do not fancy any Harpers! Oh really? You just want him to pin you again. Not him specifically! And I was just caught off guard is all... Oh fine, fine, the dragon soothed. Anyway, you could bring your lordling with you, or that girl instead.

K'dar pinched the bridge of his nose. Look, this is just me and Mylo so that I can apologize for being an ass, okay? The bronze eyed him for a moment then finally relented. No added guests then. K'dar gave his dragon a fond pat and scratch on his eyeridges before he finished loading everything up. Grabbing Mylo and heading to the little campsite and fishing spot was easy enough, the ride short enough that they didn't even have to go between to reach it.

It was a cozy spot in the forest with a clearing just big enough for Tiber to land in, and a creek big enough to fish from. K'dar had been there often enough to know the fishing was decent enough for him to catch dinner if Mylo didn't with her bow. Once they got camp set up he gave the area a broad sweep with his hand as he grinned at his sister. "How do you like it? It's one of my favorite little fishing holes on Ista. Did you want to go hunting or help me fish? Or you can just relax and lounge in a hammock and leave everything to me."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah smiled as she stood by the tent they had finished setting up, looking around and surveying the area. They weren’t that far from the Weyr but far enough that it felt like a complete escape and that was something she hadn’t realised she was in need of. To get away and spend time surrounded by the forest once more was so comforting. She loved the Weyr and even had a level of like for the Hold—mostly Tillek and because Tazikel made it fun—but she thought of herself as a jungle girl for a reason and found a sense of peace with the creek babbling near their little spot amongst the trees.

“I love it, Kor!” She bounced over to hug him and kiss his cheek before smacking his shoulder playfully. “Why didn’t you tell me about this place before?” No doubt the answer would be that he didn’t want to share and that it was his little escape—because Mylorah was pretty sure that would have been her answer if the roles were reversed. Sometimes you just wanted to get away from family, friends, and lovers. Not that often, in her case, as she was extremely sociable and loved all sorts of interaction but a little escape option was nice to have.

“As tempting as it is to make you do all the work, let me practice with the bow for a bit. It’s been a while since I’ve put it to proper use.” She did regular upkeep on it, waxing the string regularly, but it wasn’t like she was ever needed on hunting trips anymore and it had been months since the last friendly competition between friends at some targets on the plateau. “Though, with just the two of us, fish is likely all we need. Unless Tiberuth wants me to hunt for him tonight,” she teased the dragon while grabbing her bow and giving it another inspection.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar laughed, relieved that she seemed to appreciate his little fishing spot as much as he did. "Oh you know, have to keep the good spots a secret. Fishing with a hammock and just relaxing by yourself is a nice on occasion. I can take you with me more often if you want. I really don't mind."

Normally he would go by himself on these sorts of trips, with Tiber either lounging nearby or just flying off to explore on his own, but it was nice to have his sister around for some company. That and the odds of him finding someone to punch out here were exceptionally low. He gave her a smile as he grabbed his fishing pole. "If you catch something we can have that for dinner, and any fish I catch can be smoked for later. I promised Gangleri I'd bring him some if I caught any extra."

Tiberuth, quietly watching and listening from where he lounged, rumbled in amusement at the thought of a human hunting for him. He decided to pass on his amusement directly to Mylorah, his voice gruff but amused. I would like that. It wasn't the first time he'd spoken with his rider's sister, but it still was not a terribly frequent occurrence. K'dar quickly gave him a dismissive wave, "Let's make sure we have dinner before we worry about giving him anything. He ate not too long ago, so he'll be fine. Anyway, thanks for coming with me. I know I've been a bit of an asshole lately, and I'm really sorry... just been going through some stuff that I've been trying to figure out."

He paused and shook his head, there'd be plenty of time for him to apologize once they were relaxing around the fire. "Eh I can apologize while we eat, I guess. You know where to find me if you get tired of hunting." He smiled again and gestured towards the creek with his pole.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah chuckled at Tiberuth’s enthusiasm and K’dar’s insistence the dragon wouldn’t starve. If she was lucky enough to find large prey, then she’d try for it to butter up to Tiberuth. She never got the impression he hated her—Syrendryth was the moody dragon of a sibling that was most likely to hate her—but it never hurt to play nice.

She shouldered her quiver and scanned the area for a good tree facing away from the river when K’dar started apologising. She rolled her eyes, knowing there had to be a reason behind the trip. The shopping trip had even been a way of apologising but at least this time her brother found something they both enjoyed. “Oh, you can apologise as often as you like,” Mylorah pointed out with a laugh and headed off to the spot that seemed perfect for a few test shots.

The tree was marked with some chalk she kept in a little pocket of the quiver for such occasions and Mylorah paced out a distance she had been taught was a good one to be at for hunting. After some practice, she was satisfied enough to head out in search of some food. The hunt was always a long game and she marked a couple of hours had passed by the course of the sun when she decided luck wasn’t on her side and returned to the camp. She left her gear beside the tent and went to join her brother at the river.

“No luck for me. I can try again later if needed but I think Tiberuth’s presence scared anything worthwhile away,” she explained and sat down on a large rock. A couple of smaller animals had been spotted but she missed the first and the second scampered off before she finished drawing back. But it looked like K’dar was fairing a lot better than she was and she smiled at how at peace her brother seemed to be. In fact, dare she say he looked happy?

“Okay, spill. It can’t just be the finishing that has you looking like that. I know you’re trying to be on your best behaviour this time but there’s more than that. Is it Kat? Is it getting serious? I thought you were both into staying casual. Is it because you’re getting laid regularly?” Mylorah knew some families wouldn’t be so casual and open and some of her brothers—the one before her included—were sometimes shy but they were both adults and she wanted to know who to thank for K’dar’s more relaxed state.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar settled into the fishing, enjoying the relaxing and almost meditative activity. It would have been easy to forget that he'd brought someone along this time if it weren't for the occasional distant twang of Mylorah's bow. Still even that wasn't a disturbance so much as just a reminder that he'd brought his sister along.

There was one advantage of having along a friend, and that was that K'dar didn't lose track of time, or rather noticed how much had passed by the time she returned. He already had four fish on a string and was unhooking a fifth when she returned. He grinned at her and held the fish up for her inspection. "They were frisky today so we're fine. I'll make sure Tiber isn't too disappointed."

He was getting his gear together when Mylorah started asking questions and he blinked in confusion at first. The confusion quickly turned to embarrassment as he blushed, stammering for a moment before he took a deep breath and tried again. "No... it's not Kat. We're not getting serious, just casually seeing each other. And it's not... well maybe? I don't... Mylo!" He gave her a frown that he hoped was more stern and less mortified as he asked, "Do you really want to know?"

Of course she did. He sighed as he grabbed his fish and his pole and carried them back to camp. If he was going to talk about any of that he could at least keep busy while he did so. The two biggest fish were set aside for dinner, the others went onto a small wooden frame he'd set up for smoking. He talked as he worked, doing his best to not sound annoyed. "I've been... figuring things out. And I guess part of that means getting laid more. But... I... well you were right about one thing. I do get into fights because I like them."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah settled in and did her best not to smile at how flustered she made K'dar with her pestering. He definitely wouldn't open up to her if he thought she was teasing him. She took a cue from him and busied herself as well, piling the handful of kindling she brought back from her pitiful hunt. At least she had found something! She arranged the sticks like they had been taught was best to help get a fire going as she processed the confession.

She adored Katiryn but the girl was flighty and not someone Mylorah would pick for K'dar to settle down with. She didn't know if that was something he was currently looking for but she knew her brother well enough to know it was something he would want as well as kids. So hearing they were still casual was good. She wouldn't have to deal with another heartbroken brother for a while yet.

While that had worried her to a degree, the fighting definitely did. "Are you purposely starting fights in the Weyr? That won't help you get Weyrleader one day." She was frowning and then eyes went wide, "not with Holders, right? Like Gangerli?" It would be easy enough to remove his knots and just swing at someone in a tavern. But that just didn't seem like K'dar and his expressions were giving her pause.

He was figuring things out... enjoyed fights... was getting laid more... "what are you into, K'dar, and who is it with?" She was curious but also intrigued by what was pulling loose her uptight brother.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

With the fire going, K'dar tried to change his focus to getting their dinner cooked to give him something to look at and do. It made it easier to pretend he wasn't really having this terribly awkward conversation with his sister of all people. "I'm not purposefully starting fights... not at the Weyr or out in the Holds either. Gangleri is normally just a normal type of friendly asshole... if that makes sense. Though I did ask him to teach me a few things sometime."

And that was still avoiding the main issue. He sighed, not surprised that she started to ask much more direct questions. At least he had some fish to stare at as he grilled them over the fire. "It's not really about starting fights... it's just that they're fun to get into because... it feels good. I like getting hurt."

He paused as he tried to decide if he should tell her who all he was sleeping with. She'd already admitted things about Tazikel... he could probably at least confess to sleeping with Yfris. D'hys though... well the man hadn't told him that he needed to keep it a secret. And he supposed if he was going to trust anyone he could trust Mylorah.

"Don't tell other people about this?" K'dar sighed and started to crack his knuckles one by one. "I have a bit of fun with Yfris on occasion," by which he meant any time the lordling wanted to. "And, D'hys in Fort has been helping me with some of the more intense things." He gave Mylorah a nervous glance, hoping she wasn't too upset or disgusted with him or anything of the sort.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Don't tell other people about this?" K'dar sighed and started to crack his knuckles one by one. "I have a bit of fun with Yfris on occasion," by which he meant any time the lordling wanted to. "And, D'hys in Fort has been helping me with some of the more intense things." He gave Mylorah a nervous glance, hoping she wasn't too upset or disgusted with him or anything of the sort.

She had heard people mention pain and pleasure shared a thin line and they could often blur into each other. Thinking on some amazing orgasms that left her squirming and trying to move away while also squealing in delight did point to that theory being rather accurate. And she supposed sex could get a bit rough at times as well but Mylorah never thought about getting punched as something to get off to. Clearly her brother did but she wasn’t about to kink shame him when her own interests that often had her in bed with two people at once would probably be just as strange to K’dar.

She also wasn’t going to mention her own connection with Yfris—though Mylorah did wonder which one of them had slept with the lordling first. But if K’dar was seeing Yfris regularly, she had a better understanding for the good mood. Not just because the sex was great but because Yfris was just fun to be around and would be someone that would help her brother continue to loosen up and enjoy himself.

Getting up, Mylorah moved around the little fire and crouched behind her brother to wrap her arms around him in a hug. “Don’t be ashamed of what you enjoy, Kor. But you don’t have to tell me more about the intense things with D’hys—though I have to say congratulations on hooking up with him. He’s pretty hot,” Mylorah grinned, though K’dar wouldn’t see it. “And as long as you’re happy and enjoying yourself, I’m happy.” She lingered in the backwards hug a little longer before slipping away and sitting down beside K’dar.

“But just know that if you try picking on my sex life again, I’m totally using all of that against you,” she warned, but there was still a hint of a smile. K’dar would probably think twice before getting too overprotective or judgemental now that he was discovering himself with an assortment of people. “You can also throw in right here another apology for being an asshole.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

He let out a soft chuckle as he sighed, leaning into the hug for a moment as a wave of relief hit him. "Thanks Mylo. And I'm not sure I really need any congratulations, it wasn't that hard-" Indeed, just getting K'dar to go talk to him was the hard part, interrupted the bronze for Mylorah to hear as well. He was pleased that he had yet another reason to tell his rider to calm down and to stop getting so hung up on this pesky thing that had plagued him. Maybe now he could start relaxing and they could make some actual progress, win some flights, get him into that position he wanted.

"Please ignore Tiber," K'dar said with a soft grumble. He glanced over at her and nodded, still feeling a bit mortified for upsetting her with all of his overprotectiveness. Especially the time he made her cry. "That's fair, and I'm trying to be better, really I am. I just... you're wonderful and you deserve great things and I worry more than I should. So I'm sorry for being a bit of an ass about the whole," he paused to give a general wave of his hand rather than specifically name any of the many times he'd fucked up, "thing."

K'dar passed her a fish and asked, "Just do me a favor? If anyone hurts you in a way you don't like let me know when I'm allowed to destroy them? I will do my best to not do anything stupid before you say it's okay." He flaked off a bit of meat and took a bite, smiling. It probably wasn't anything that would impress a real chef, only modestly seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked very simply, but there was something about fresh fish at a camp site that was always delicious. "Anyway, enough about me. How are you doing? Hopefully Gangleri didn't bother you too much... though I will say he did sneak me a book later on."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

A bit of an ass? It was more than just a bit but Mylorah would let that slide since K'dar did seem sorry for how he had been behaving. It was hard to fully hate him or blame him for all of it anyway. After the landslide, they only had each other until T'ryn pulled them into that secret club of family. But still, she relied on her big brother a lot and trusted him. That was probably what hurt the most in all of this. It constantly felt like K'dar didn't trust her in return. But at least he was trying now, even offering to hold off on punching someone until she said it was fine.

"Gangleri was fine. A bit quirky and I think he's convinced I'm a lot younger than I am. I had to start calling him old man to get him to stop," she laughed and took a bite of fish, finding it perfectly done as campfire fish and hummed her appreciation. "I'm tempted to hunt him down and smack him for still giving you a book, though." If Gangleri thought she was feisty that day with yelling at her brother, he was in for a surprise. K'dar had not earned that book with the way he behaved and how she had to clean her coat.

"Otherwise, I'm well. I think I'll Stand for Malvayth's clutch. She's practically family now and if Zor doesn't Impress at Aradissicath's, then I can keep an eye on him." She had also promised Fediletch she would but K'dar didn't need to know. Best not to push his tolerance for her many male friends that day. "I'm hoping I don't Impress, honestly. I don't really want to be tied to Fort and learn more healing." The basics they were all shown in Katila was enough for, though guilt still ate at her for being somewhat selfish in the matter.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"He probably liked being called an old man," K'dar said with a soft chuckle. "And he's not that hard to find really, or at least he's good at finding me to ask for rides to places when he needs them. He's a lot harder to smack though... as I found out." He flushed slightly at the memory of the man dodging and taking him down so easily.

At least his sister had some nice distracting news though and he brightened at her decision to Stand. "That's wonderful! Sure she flew a bit young and was caught by a brown, but she was good enough to give Tiber a scar so there's definitely some great potential for her clutches I think. He's normally very good at dodging those sorts of things." Tiberuth lifted his wing proudly to show the claw marks off. Truly a token of fondness. An affectionate nibble sort of thing. He knew better, that the gold had been quite enraged with him because of K'dar's punch, but he was back in Malvayth's good graces for the moment.

K'dar rolled his eyes at his dragon. "You're lucky she's so forgiving. Oh, you'll actually be able to see Gangleri at the hatching. I'm giving him and Quilriana rides so that they can watch Quinvalis stand. I'm sure you can sass him for the book then. And if you impress I'm sure you'll do fine. You'll adapt, you're clever like that. But if you change your mind at the last minute and skip it I won't blame you. It's fine to not want to do something, Mylo."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“Actually, I think I called him grandpa and he didn’t take that too well,” Mylorah chuckled at the memory, though she did feel bad that it seemed to have affected him more than she intended when he pointed out he didn’t even have kids. But if he kept viewing her as a barely functioning child, then she would keep calling him grandpa or old man. His quirkiness would only save him from her wrath for so long.

“I’m still glad you’re okay, Tiberuth, and that you don’t seem to mind the scar.” Some dragons seemed to be rather vain but Tiberuth seemed more aligned with pride—which had certainly been wounded with the loss, Mylorah was certain—and now carried the scar fondly in his own interesting way. The injuries were certainly a major downside to Flights and Mylorah could admit to worrying when she witnessed or heard about one after the fact. Although, knowing K’dar and T’ryn had a bit of scuffle and Cazan got involved did make her laugh and only because other than Tiberuth’s scar—everyone came out of it okay.

“Oh, that’s right. He did mention Quinvalis’ mom. I was trying on dresses for him since we’re apparently close in size. That man has no clue about Hatchings but hopefully I helped him out. Although I’m sure Quilriana will set him straight since she’s attended some.” Including the ones Quinvalis had been injured at. Mylorah recalled watching the hatchling bite A’tay’s hand and how afraid she had been—she struggled to think about seeing a sibling so badly mauled like Quinvalis had been a year ago.

She rolled her eyes as big brother mode kicked in again and insisted she didn’t have to do anything she didn’t want to do and she wouldn’t be judged for it. She wouldn’t Stand if she truly didn’t want to but she wasn’t getting into that and instead kept the subject on Quinvalis. “I’m thinking about asking Zelana to try and befriend Quinvalis. He’s so shy and tries to avoid people. She’s really helped A’tay, so maybe she could help him as well.” Mylorah watched K’dar for his reaction to the idea as she ate some more of her fish. She didn’t know Quinvalis that well but she always tried to chat with him and draw him out of his shell. Was it too much meddling to ask someone else to try? Since K’dar was so opinionated lately, she knew she’d find out in a moment.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

He caught the eyeroll but didn't bother to comment, instead taking another bite of his fish. His sister was a grown woman after all, not much younger than him, and he needed to remember that. Not that it would ever really stop him from trying to give her advice on occasion. Still, K'dar latched onto the other subjects. "That was nice of you to help him out. Everything he knows about life in the Weyr comes from his occasional visits to swap stories and rumors, card games, and just stories I think. He does have a lot of stories though."

K'dar frowned as he considered her other suggestion. He'd met Zelana briefly while visiting Ista to see his siblings or Kat, and it had been a bit awkward to say the least. Especially when she had flirted with him. But he had to admit she had done a lot to get his brother to be a bit more bold and learn new things. It was the swimming lessons that had him the most impressed, and for that he was willing to forgive a bit of flirtation. Especially since she seemed to stop after he had shot her down and informed her he was A'tay's brother.

"She'd probably flirt with him... unless you're trying for that?" He raised an eyebrow at Mylorah. As much as he was finding out his siblings were far more into sharing than he'd wanted to know, it was hard to be upset when they kept being fine with it. Then again he was also splitting his attention between a few people so he couldn't really keep judging either. "Zelana is certainly very outgoing though. Why do you want to throw her at Quinvalis out of curiosity? Is he a friend of yours? I don't know too much about him, other than he's related to one of Gangleri's friends, and he was mauled last year."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"You know everyone I've had a conversation with is likely to be considered a friend," Mylorah pointed out. It was mostly true. She got along with practically everyone but there were a few exceptions when they ended up being truly horrible people.

"Quinvalis is a sweet boy but he's so shy and... unhappy. He actually seems more comfortable talking to dragons than their riders. I think he needs more friends and to find his way." Even K'dar had admitted to needing to figure things out so he had to understand that on some level. And from what she had pestered out of A'tay, the relationship with Zelly was casual and he knew she likely still had other guys. So if Zelly wanted to flirt, there wasn't any harm. Mylorah liked the girl and trusted her not to push Quinvalis too far if he was uncomfortable.

"I haven't even asked her yet so she might not do it. It's probably weird to ask someone to try to befriend someone else." She'd find out soon when she next saw Zelly and stressed she didn't have to do it.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"That's fair, you've always been very outgoing," K'dar said with a soft chuckle. "Well, hopefully she can help him get out of his shell a little bit. If she agrees to help. She seems the sort who would though, she's certainly very... forward." He shrugged. After having to wrap his head around Yfris, especially Yfris and Cazan, he was having a hard time becoming truly upset about it all. So long as his siblings were happy with their partners roaming he supposed it was fine. That didn't mean he wasn't still a little wary about the whole thing, but at least he was getting better. He hoped.

K'dar turned to Mylo, tilting his head. "Let me know if I ever go overboard again, okay? I'm trying to be better, but I'm sure I'll keep fucking up for a bit. And it's not because I don't trust you, I just worry. And you can scold me if you think I'm doing something dumb too. It's only fair after all. Oh, and Kat definitely doesn't know anything about that stuff, I haven't even told her about Yfris or D'hys."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

She would be more than happy to point out when K’dar was going overboard and trying to smother her or judge her choices but as long as it came across as just caring and concerned, Mylorah hoped she wouldn’t have to confront him again about it. She gave a soft sigh when K’dar mentioned Katiryn didn’t know about his kinkier side but she shook her head at his look. “You guys are casual so you don’t need to tell each other about what else you get up to. But someone is eventually going to see you going to D’hys so be prepared to either confess or have a cover story.” Most people wouldn’t care or even notice but the mysterious writer was back in action and Mylorah didn’t want to see her brother hurt like friends had been.

“I say just own it. Unless it’s the silly bronzerider standards that’s messing with you and you don’t want people to know you have male lovers.” Mylorah didn’t see the issue with letting people know that or that K’dar liked rough sex but she didn’t have the pressures of a shiny dragon and goals to one day run a Weyr. She knew firsthand how Holders could be and how they viewed certain areas of the Weyr, though she tried her best to clear up some of the misconceptions. “My advice if you want any of it quiet is to not park Tiberuth on D’hys’ ledge. I’m sure he has friends he could go visit while you quietly dart down the halls.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Okay, good... I was hoping you'd agree about that." K'dar sighed with relief. "Not only would I rather keep the whole thing a secret but I don't want to hurt her either you know? She doesn't deserve that, she's such a sweetheart. And... yeah, I suppose I shouldn't just leave Tiber up on his ledge. He does have friends though, so that should be easy enough."

When his sister encouraged him to just own it, Tiberuth gave a soft amused grumble that earned him a glare from K'dar. "People knowing about the occasional male lover is probably fine, but Yfris..." he shook his head. Yfris was definitely not an occasional male lover with how often he went back to the lordling for visits and "studying" with the man. He gave the entire thought a small dismissive wave. "I want people to be able to see that I'm focused on trying to learn from the Weyrleader, not get distracted by silly things that don't matter. The last thing I want is for everyone to think I can't be a leader or that I'll be easy to bully and push around because I like pain."

K'dar scratched at his jaw thoughtfully. "And maybe I don't want to scare any ladies off. I do want to settle down one day and not just be an uncle you know. Probably after I've become Weyrleader though. Maybe Tiber will settle down with a nice gold who's rider is lovely and not mated to someone else." It was a nice storybook idea, but with how he was seeing things go with T'ryn he doubted he'd be able to find something so simple for himself.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah quirked a brow as K’dar trailed off about Yfris. Was her brother really into the lordling? It seemed like a family trait given her own attachment to Tazikel. They were clearly doomed to desire those they couldn’t have in the long run. Well, maybe her brother could have Yfris now that he was married to Cazan and they had their odd arrangements worked out. But even if she wanted to settle down, Tazikel would never be allowed to have a girl from a Weyr that was raised in a jungle.

But that wasn’t the point. The point was, K’dar needed to own his pleasure and maybe she had to push him after all. “The way I see it—who cares if people know you get off to pain? Use it against them. If they try to bully you, just thank them for a bit of pleasure in your day and then deny them whatever it is they want.” It seemed pretty simple to her. Whether it would be if she were the Weyrleader and put in that position, she couldn’t say; but it seemed like a strong argument.

“And stop thinking all women are delicate flowers, K’dar. We can give and take a lot more than you seem to think. Not everyone is like Kat or whomever else you’ve been with to plant that idea in your head. You’ll find the right one that will give you what you want during sex and still be right to have kids with as well.” She finished the last bit of her fish and set it down as she seriously considered K’dar and what was going through his head and how he came up with some of his ideas that left her boggled.

“Like you said, maybe when you’re Weyrleader. You don’t have to find all of this tomorrow just because T’ryn’s life is moving so fast now, you know.” With how excited K’dar was to be an uncle yet how much he also wanted to be a dad tipped Mylorah off to some of what had to be underlying issues hr brother may not have even been fully aware of yet. “Not everything is a race or needs to be judged against what you have, Kor. I have three brothers that all Impressed bronze and a sister that Impressed gold and is now a Weyrwoman, and two of those siblings Impressed when they were twelve. I’m almost twenty-one and sometimes I want to compare to what you all have but it’s just not meant for me yet and I don’t mind. I’m on my own path.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Heh, I suppose. Still, it'll be easier to handle once I actually am a Weyrleader and even then I think I would like it better if my personal life was kept separate from my work. But we'll see how things go." K'dar couldn't help but chuckle a little at the thought of just throwing it into someone's face and playing it cool. He wasn't there yet, but maybe one day he would be. Yfris had certainly forced him to learn a bit about thinking on his feet when it came to talking to the man's family on occasion.

He couldn't help but pout and try to defend himself when she brought up women. "I don't think they're all delicate flowers! I don't think you're delicate you're my sister. I don't know. I'm more used to making sure everyone stays out of trouble and keeping an eye out for jerks, and there are definitely a lot of jerks out there." K'dar huffed slightly, though he did have to admit his sister was probably right. "We'll see how things go, I'll try to be a bit more... open minded I guess."

With another grumble, K'dar moved to pull Mylorah into a tight hug. "You'll Impress a dragon soon enough, especially now that I've starting spending more time helping S'far and learning about running a Weyr." With another squeeze and a sigh he responded to her main point, "I know it's not a race, and really I'm very happy for him. I'm still trying to figure things out is all, and sometimes thinking ahead and wondering how things could go helps. And talking to you has actually helped some too, so thanks for that." He paused for a moment and then couldn't help but snicker. "You really think I'll find a nice attractive woman to beat me up and give me children, huh?"

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah easily returned the hug but she did roll her eyes when K’dar couldn’t see her do it. She knew he would jump on the chance to reassure her about a dragon as soon as she had said it but it wasn’t needed. She had said it to show that it didn’t matter that she didn’t have what almost every other sibling had—she was doing her own thing and it felt right. If she had Impressed earlier, there was a chance she wouldn’t have met Tazikel or been able to see him as much and learn more about the Holds and their weird obsession with layers and fancy parties. She wouldn’t be making so many friends with new Candidates as she moved to each Weyr and bunked amongst them. But K’dar was probably right; he was settling down in a different Weyr than her so it seemed reasonable to assume she would now Impress anywhere but Telgar. She was starting to sound as superstitious as A’tay!

“Given some of our romantic friends and T’ryn’s current crazy love story, it seems like there’s someone out there for everyone. I know you’ll find a woman with a strong slap that also likes kids. Maybe you already know her.” They did have quite the collection of friends and they all had their own interests, some known and perhaps some hidden away. “I’ll pass you names of anyone I find out that has aligning interests with you.” Knowing K’dar, he would be too afraid to ever bring up his interests so she would have to help him out. Was that odd? Mylorah figured the Holds would have a fit hearing about a girl helping her brother find the right person to fuck but they weren’t in a Hold so they could shove their judgements.

She gave her brother a wicked grin and then looked over at the dragon, “what do you think, Tibs? Should I start playing matchmaker? Who should I start looking for? Blonde? Busty? Tall?” Tiberuth didn’t always talk to her but Mylorah suspected teasing K’dar would always be a way to get him to speak up.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Doesn't have to be a slap," K'dar said with a smile. "But thanks, that is oddly encouraging. And you don't have to go out of your way to find out if there are any ladies out there that are into that sort of thing. Though I'm not really sure how often that sort of thing would come up during a casual conversation either." He didn't think he could ever be so bold as to find out on his own. D'hys had mentioned looking for someone to introduce to him, but he wasn't sure if that would actually happen or not and he was too nervous to ask about it again.

At the question, Tiberuth let out an amused rumble and decided that it was an entertaining enough line of questioning to respond to. Tall. He thinks he likes breasts, but that could get in the way of a good swing. I like blondes. It's a good color. K'dar turned to the dragon and gave him a frown. "You like blondes." Tiber rumbled again. I know what I said.

With a roll of his eyes, K'dar turned back to his sister. "I like to think I'm not that shallow as to have requirements." Though he did appreciate looking at a pair of nice breasts... not that he was about to admit that to his sister, no matter how much she already knew about his sex life.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“Nah, she needs to be good at slapping so she can smack you for me when you do something dumb again,” Mylorah grinned at her brother, unable to ignore scoring that easy point off of him. But she was glad he was okay with the idea and seemed to be loosening up enough to discuss such things with her. It was because of that that she didn’t point out that some girls easily talked about their sex lives. She didn’t want to completely scare him away from the idea of dating around and finding the right woman.

“Blondes are kind of the human equivalent of golds so that checks out,” Mylorah said with a giggle. Tiberuth was a bronze that was already intent on chasing golds so getting his human his own version of that seemed to make sense in its own odd little way. “Shallow or not, I’ll try to find a tall, busty, blonde woman for you.” She’d do her best with matchmaking but there was no way of knowing in the end if K’dar would end up with the woman for the long run. But it might help push him into actually having the confidence to approach women on his own.

She glanced up at the sky, marking the sun’s position. “We still have some daylight. What else do you want to do? We could try hunting for the big guy or have an archery competition.” K’dar was skilled enough that Mylorah knew her bow wouldn’t meet a tragic end in his hands but she also knew she’d likely trounce him as well.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I suppose it would be better to have someone else slap me for you." At least K'dar didn't blush, or at least didn't think he did. He was perfectly capable of getting through a violent incident without any sort of embarrassing reaction, but that didn't mean he wanted to keep testing or pushing that boundary, especially with his sister.

Tiberuth wasn't really sure about this method of matchmaking, but he supposed it would have a larger pool to draw from than just him chasing after golds and the occasional green. So he sent Mylorah some additional words of encouragement to indicate his approval, I'm sure you will find someone suitable, even if he does act difficult on occason. Perhaps between the two of them, K'dar would start shaping up so that he could win some of those ladies he kept pursuing.

K'dar was more than glad to change the subject so he glanced up at the sky as well and nodded. "A competition sounds fun, I could use the practice." He stood up and stretched before making sure the fire was safely contained and wouldn't get out of hand, adding some greener wood to the pile so he could get the rack of extra fish smoking over it. He turned back to his sister, offering her a hand up. "Come on, let's see how much better you are than me, and maybe by the time we're done I'll have narrowed that gap a little."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)