World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.01.10 | Mixed Feelings
9pm | open, graduation party

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
You should join the rest of the party, it's a celebration for us. Casnovath's voice practically purred at the edge of D'nei's mind, much more conspiratorial than he actually intended to be. He shook his head in response to his dragon as he took a sip of his wine. It's not just for us, it's for the whole class. Close enough! Now come on, there's a really pretty green here who is absolutely delightful...

D'nei frowned and took a longer drink to try to banish the thoughts of his dragon's increasing interest in the ladies. You have fun, Cassie. I'll get back to the party when I'm ready. It's not like I left, I'm just sitting off to the side after all. I can still hear the music easily enough. It wasn't like his dragon didn't know his own preferences, or lack thereof, he just didn't really understand them despite being in his head. He tried though, and had at least promised not to chase anyone until after graduation... which had just happened.

Maybe that was why he had retreated to the party's edge, because while D'nei was excited and proud of graduating there was that small realization that he would be faced with Flights, and he still wasn't sure how he was going to feel about that when it finally happened. He wanted Cassie to be happy, he understood his dragon had needs and desires, but that didn't make it any less of a daunting prospect.

You are worrying too much when you should be mingling. Make some friends, you're allowed to now that we've graduated. Then you'll have more than just me to talk to all the time. D'nei cracked a smile at the exaggeration. He wasn't completely friendless, he had a few classmates he'd talk to and occasionally spend time with outside of class. Still, making more friends wouldn't hurt, and as Cassie kept insisting, this was a party and he should have fun.

He stood up and walked back to the party, still staying closer to the edge until he found someone he didn't normally talk to. "Fun party isn't it?" Ah yes, thrilling conversation.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He had finally graduated. He knew he shouldn't complain since when he Impressed the timeframe was still fifteen months. Luck had fucked him over by making him Impress just after he decided he wouldn't Stand anymore but weeks later she made it up to him by giving him less time in classes. G'nen wasn't exactly a horrible person but Kor'is was more than ready to leave behind the brown rider's obnoxious hovering and teaching methods. Maybe in time he would even consider calling G'nen a friend. After all, they already had things in common--crazy mothers and fucking Cazan.

But none of that was important. Currently he had Sh'ran to occupy his attention. They had seen each other a couple of times since Sh'ran graduated but this felt different. It was a lot more free as the time was all his again without classes or assistants checking in. He had really missed his friend and it showed in the small smiles that kept appearing during the crazy stories Sh'ran told.

And then some awkward kid was talking to them. "If you consider a gathering of drunken idiots to be fun, then sure. Absolutely exhilarating." Kor'is replied drily. He honestly wouldn't even be there but several people he called friends had insisted so he was putting in his time.

That's D'nei! Be nice. He's Casnovath's rider and they were in our class. Taith's excited voice pointed out as he frolicked around the Bowl with other dragons. Kor'is studied the kid and then had a flicker of recognition but not much else.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

It was certainly a more prickly reaction than D'nei had expected, and he had half a mind to just apologize for pestering the man and moving on. It's just Taith's rider, Kor'is. He's always grumpy. Malvayth says he can be nice though. If you want to meet someone else I've been talking with Halomirth. She's absolutely lovely; you might like her rider, I could ask her to help introduce you. He resisted the urge to let his annoyance reach his face lest the already grumpy rider think he was upset with him. Cassie, no, that's fine. You have fun and don't worry about me. Oh it's no worry at all. Once you're done with Kor'is just come over and I'll introduce you to the lovely lady at least.

D'nei eyed Kor'is, frowning for a moment as he took another small sip of the same glass of wine he'd been nursing all night. At least this was probably better than uncomfortably trying to wing man for his dragon. "Well, you don't seem that drunk, and I'm assuming you're not an idiot." That came out much more dry than he'd intended and he quickly apologized, "Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything... Cassie is just... insisting that I meet new people, and I'd rather do that on my own than have him pick someone out."

And now he was feeling awkward about that as well, like when his parents or older brother would try to introduce him to some nice girl around his age who just so happened to be single. He could be friendly enough when other people came up to him, why was it so hard for him to be friendly when he had to initiate? D'nei took a look around the crowd and shrugged. "In all honesty I would have preferred to leave a long time ago. It's a bit crowded for me. I can just leave you be though if you want."

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
“Oh, don’t let Kordi scare you off, he’s enjoyed a gathering of drunken idiots or two in his time.” Sh’ran said with a conspiratorial grin. “He’s definitely been at least the former, though he’d protest he’s never been the latter.” He didn’t want Kor’is to scare the new person off—so new Misha didn’t even know him! He must have been Searched after Sh’ran had Impressed, which meant they’d never met. A tragedy, because the fellow young bluerider was very cute and Sh’ran had met so few new people recently.

You already have Taith’s rider for the evening, why do you need this one too? Dyoricath asked, displeasure clear in his voice.

Sh’ran hastily reassured him, clinging on to Kor’is just a little tighter. ’I just want to get to know him, sweetheart, maybe make a friend.’ All truth, and Dyoricath could read it through their bond. With a sigh he pulled back a little, though by most standards he was still actively lurking on Sh’ran’s side of things. Lurking a little too much was quite standard for Dyoricath though, so Sh’ran paid it no mind.

“I’m Sh’ran,” he offered. “Blue Dyoricath, we graduated recently over at Ista. And of course we had to come congratulate our favorite grump on his graduation, so here we are.” He gave a little wave of his hand to indicate himself, Kor’is, and the party at large. “Lovely to meet you,” he said with a smile.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kor’is rolled his eyes and would have stepped away from Sh’ran just to annoy his friend if Sh’ran didn’t have a death grip on him. Sh’ran was always clingy and he was mostly used to it but this seemed a bit much. Maybe it had to do with how many drinks already consumed or maybe Dyoricath was threatening to screech again. Given how flirty Sh’ran was naturally, the dragon was probably already having a hissy fit or the greeting of the new kid.

What was his name again? D’nei, Taith sighed. Can’t you please try to be nice and put in the effort to remember names? Why would he do that? This D’nei didn’t seem all that exciting or worth remembering—clearly. They’d had classes together for a year and Kor’is could only form vague memories that may have been his fellow bluerider or one of the other twenty men in his class.

“Looks like you’re in luck and getting my forced friendship for the night as Sh’ran is hard to shake off once he’s got his claws in you,” Kor’is shook his arm a bit to prove the tight latch on him. He probably could have broken away if he really tried but it was too much effort and would cause a scene when it made Sh’ran pout and Dyoricath rage.

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

At first D'nei hadn't really expected the man on Kor'is's arm to say anything, and had assumed it was just the bluerider's date who wouldn't be interested in conversation. But he seemed friendly enough, if a bit... flamboyant? He supposed that was as good a word as any. It was still a nice change to go from a prickly blue rider to a much more friendly one as Sh'ran introduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you as well." D'nei paused as he realized he wasn't sure if he'd actually introduced himself or not so he decided to just be safe and do so again. "I can't remember if I've already introduced myself or not, D'nei of blue Casnovath. He's been a bit distracting, likes to socialize a bit more than I do."

D'nei tipped back his glass to finish off the last bit of his wine before turning back to Kor'is, and nodding at the demonstration. "Well, maybe he'll be kind enough to let you escape eventually. So you two must know each other from before. How is Ista?" That seemed a safe enough line of conversation since Kor'is didn't seem like the type who would enjoy talking about himself. "I hear it's warm but I've never been. I'm from Sattle, I was going to try and become a steward before all of this. Never thought of traveling much, but now Cassie wants to take me everywhere."

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Sh’ran gave Kor’is’ arm a pat when his friend shook it in his “attempt” to dislodge Sh’ran’s grip. “Claws get removed if I’m asked nicely,” he teased. He was fairly confident that if he were truly annoying Kor’is with his clinging Kor’is would tell him—he didn’t actually want to annoy his friend too much. “The same goes for social claws,” he added, this time to D’nei. If he really wanted to slink away Sh’ran would let him, though reluctantly. He wanted to get back in the swing of meeting people and making friends!

“Yeah, we’ve been friends for a few Turns now.” Sh’ran nodded, casting back to try to figure out when he and Kordi had met. Few months before Casa’s infamous party? Something like that? ‘A few turns’ was accurate enough. “Back when he was at Ista and I was at Telgar. I’m from Crom, originally, and I was Searched for Telgar. Impressed at Ista though, and you’re right, it’s very warm. It’s absolutely the worst, I am a delicate northern flower and I wilt there. The plan is to move back to Telgar, but they wanted us to stay in Ista for a few months before transferring as a precaution, so. More heat for me. Should get out before summer though, so that’s something.”

I don’t mind the heat, Dyoricath said sullenly in the corner of Sh’ran’s mind. He wasn’t too fond of change, and a new Weyr was a lot of change at once. Sh’ran was sure he’d be alright, though, and Dyoricath did like cooler temperatures, even if he liked to protest.

D'nei
of Blue Casnovath

Date of Birth
23.09.720, 24
Height
5'11"
Eyes
black
Build
Athletic
Hair
black

Threads

It was a small thing to be told he could just ask to leave, but it was enough to help D'nei relax a bit more and he smiled, nodding in appreciation. At least he wouldn't offend if he did end up wanting to escape. "Crom? That is quite far away from Ista if I remember correctly. Sattle isn't too far from here by dragon, near enough to the coast that we get a lot of rain but it's usually cold. I Impressed my first time Standing so I feel like I've been too busy to really settle in sometimes if that makes sense. but at least you'll be able to go back to where you want to soon enough."

Transferring to another Weyr was an interesting idea though. You are only just starting to settle in here at Fort! You finally hung up some of your pretty words on the wall! We can visit other places, but you should finish getting used to things before you start trying to run away. It's called calligraphy and I'm not trying to run away... I was just thinking about it.

Still, Cassie had a point he supposed. Still he could ask about interesting things to do. "Maybe I'll visit Ista and Telgar at some point to look around and see what it's like, but for now I'm going to stay in Fort I think. Cassie likes it well enough here and I like the little job they gave me helping to keep track of supplies for the healers."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)